WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Dextersinister said:

@White Mage: It has been a valid argument, it's why we have classic or current version's of certain character's or why people list all feats, most of Storm's best feats are her oldest for a reason. Hurricane's that can bring down a Sentinel, lightning bolt's or gale wind's are all fine but containing a nuclear blast, space weather and other ass pull feats that you will never see from Storm ever again are what makes it reasonable to say the character simply can't do that.

They weren't retconned, so you do not have an argument. Current Storm performed several space weather feats while she was with Black Panther. Why would she need space weather when she isn't in space? I could point out the "space weather" gap from Claremont's days of writing her, to McDuffie's, if you'd like. Like I said, this isn't a valid argument.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dextersinister

@White Mage: Claiming it isn't a valid argument twice doesn't make it so. Marvel is full of character's that aren't portrayed the same way they where over 20 year's ago and lots of poster's acknowledge that we won't see some of the more outrageous feats ever again. We have to use a bit of common sense for example if a villain has only had 3 appearances in 20 years we use the average of all his appearance's but for a recurring character such as Storm the last decade trumps what happened in the 80's especially when people only take the best moments from that era.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god this is like a frenzy for Storm fans, it's no wonder I don't like her that much anymore and the Team wins with medium to little difficulty she can't react to everything

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

Oh god this is like a frenzy for Storm fans, it's no wonder I don't like her that much anymore and the Team wins with medium to little difficulty she can't react to everything

Would you mind making an argument that goes beyond this?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Dextersinister said:

@White Mage: Claiming it isn't a valid argument twice doesn't make it so. Marvel is full of character's that aren't portrayed the same way they where over 20 year's ago and lots of poster's acknowledge that we won't see some of the more outrageous feats ever again. We have to use a bit of common sense for example if a villain has only had 3 appearances in 20 years we use the average of all his appearance's but for a recurring character such as Storm the last decade trumps what happened in the 80's especially when people only take the best moments from that era.

It's consistent canon that her winds alone can block energy (like she's done with Polaris and Cyclops) as well as crush skrull ships (marriage to Black Panther). It's consistent that she can flash freeze internal structures, which = lungs, and it's consistent that she's willing to vacuum out the air in an area in order to make her opponents pass out for a quick KO. Is this how you judge your energy characters? Magneto's feats vary in intensity for periods of time, but he sure as hell isn't lacking in the power department at all. In fact, his recent years showed off the fact that he's possibly even more powerful than people thought. Just because there is a gap, doesn't mean that you write off their entire history. That's just pointless, and ridiculous

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dextersinister

@White Mage: Blocking a mind controlled Cyclop's with lightning made no sense, he fires a constant beam of energy a lightning bolt lasts for a tiny fraction of a second so it's effect as a shield should have been unnoticeable the reverse is also true when Cyclop's showed that he was capable of of blocking her lightning in Astonishing. Other than that all your example's are large based inaccurate attack's that have required individual opponent's to be confined within a building. Uncertain of Static but Aang who can access the avatar state and Terra could go through buildings like wrecking balls.

Magneto was made noticeably weaker when he joined the X-Men it was inevitable given his previous state as a team buster joining a team and again crushing buildings and making Tornado's is fine but feats for Storm like containing massive explosions with wind or wiping out molecules for Magneto are the sort of things you will never see again because they look silly in the modern era

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Storm Calling

@Dextersinister said:

@White Mage: Blocking a mind controlled Cyclop's with lightning made no sense, he fires a constant beam of energy a lightning bolt lasts for a tiny fraction of a second so it's effect as a shield should have been unnoticeable the reverse is also true when Cyclop's showed that he was capable of of blocking her lightning in Astonishing. Other than that all your example's are large based inaccurate attack's that have required individual opponent's to be confined within a building. Uncertain of Static but Aang who can access the avatar state and Terra could go through buildings like wrecking balls.

Magneto was made noticeably weaker when he joined the X-Men it was inevitable given his previous state as a team buster joining a team and again crushing buildings and making Tornado's is fine but feats for Storm like containing massive explosions with wind or wiping out molecules for Magneto are the sort of things you will never see again because they look silly in the modern era

This is largely inaccurate considering she can make continuous strokes of lightning and emit them with concussive force(Just like Cyclops' beams).

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Storm Calling

@Dextersinister: The rest of your post is nonsense as well considering they've shown Magneto leveling mountains, pulling bullets from light years away in space, holding a celestial's armor into place, containing Proteus and scattering his electrons all over the world, channeling energies across the cosmos, as well as other things while being on a team and all in recent years. The part about Storm's opponents needing to be confined in a building is also total hogwash.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@White Mage said:

How can she block attacks from 3 directions at once, it's not possible. One of you has already stated that she can't defend against something she can't prepare for hence why i said it. All 3 of them can fly, one can be the distraction while the other two attack, or vice versa, if she's blocking an air and fire attack from Aang, then trying to block whatever attacks Static or Terra is throwing then the other can get in an opening attack to either disarm or stun her.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Dextersinister said:

For the bold, you need to update yourself on how the Marvel Universe views lightning, because this indicates that you are considerably out of date. Lightning is treated as a concussive force, as well as a "scalding" force. Storm's lightning in particular has punched through concrete, and brick.

Read Black Panther vol 4, because she was in open air when she crushed skrull warships with air pressure. She's blown up buildings with air pressure. Worlds Apart was recent, and Uncanny X-Force was recent (freezing internal structures, freezing the inside of a gun). She also manipulated air pressure recently......as in "DOC OCK" Spider-Man, recently.... Don't expect to be taken seriously if your only offense is that you know very little of her history and current showings.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@White Mage said:

How can she block attacks from 3 directions at once, it's not possible. One of you has already stated that she can't defend against something she can't prepare for hence why i said it. All 3 of them can fly, one can be the distraction while the other two attack, or vice versa, if she's blocking an air and fire attack from Aang, then trying to block whatever attacks Static or Terra is throwing then the other can get in an opening attack to either disarm or stun her.

It's more than possible for her to deal with multiple threats at once. It's also more than possible for her to one-shot one of the 3 people from jump, and make things easier. Her winds have blocked telekinesis, and magnetic blasts (she wasn't "prepared" for those either). She's the most powerful lightning/electricity channeler/generator of all of the people on this list, and she's easily the most dangerous. We've seen her start fights off with lightning, but we've also seen her start fights off with hurricane winds, which are capable of overwhelming physical constructs, as well as blocking energy-based attacks. I think the issue is that you're also thinking that she's forcing a "beam" maneuver, when she's shown multiple times that she will easily go beyond that for more than one opponent. She's taken out crowds by warping the ENTIRE environment, even to the point of putting her own teammates at a disadvantage.

No Caption Provided
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

Then you need to go back and reread my argument, because it involved me debating with the ones who believed that Static could solo. Thunderbolt and myself have already stated that the three of them would most likely overwhelm her in a fight, but none of them could solo her as others have been claiming. The majority of us already agree with you, so I'm not seeing what the big deal is here with your rant...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

No Caption Provided

@White Mage said:

It's more than possible for her to deal with multiple threats at once. It's also more than possible for her to one-shot one of the 3 people from jump, and make things easier. Her winds have blocked telekinesis, and magnetic blasts (she wasn't "prepared" for those either). She's the most powerful lightning/electricity channeler/generator of all of the people on this list, and she's easily the most dangerous. We've seen her start fights off with lightning, but we've also seen her start fights off with hurricane winds, which are capable of overwhelming physical constructs, as well as blocking energy-based attacks. I think the issue is that you're also thinking that she's forcing a "beam" maneuver, when she's shown multiple times that she will easily go beyond that for more than one opponent. She's taken out crowds by warping the ENTIRE environment, even to the point of putting her own teammates at a disadvantage.

Awesome scan! This one scan alone sums up why Storm doesn't always hit with everything she's got on a team. The problem with her on CV is that she is rarely place in team fights so she can most of the time fight with a little more force than she is usually shown utilizing. This fight, for example, being one of them.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Then you need to go back and reread my argument, because it involved me debating with the ones who believed that Static could solo. Thunderbolt and myself have already stated that the three of them would most likely overwhelm her in a fight, but none of them could solo her as others have been claiming. The majority of us already agree with you, so I'm not seeing what the big deal is here with your rant...

I'm not surprised with the ranting, actually.

I think she loses due to the the amount of power present, but I think it's also unfortunate that people are so uninformed on her powers that they believe that she stands no chance at ALL against the group.........ESPECIALLY Terra. She's owned crowds before..........even when she was powerless.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

I think she loses due to the the amount of power present, but I think it's also unfortunate that people are so uninformed on her powers that they believe that she stands no chance at ALL against the group.........ESPECIALLY Terra. She's owned crowds before..........even when she was powerless.

I think that's the biggest problem in most of these Storm related debates. People are way too uninformed about her powers, and anything other than a full "reducation" in just about every thread related to her is the only thing that will convince them that they are wrong. I really hate throwing around the link to that huge feat topic because I know no one will ever sit and read it unless they're interested, but we damn near have to bring the whole thing into just about every thread to make our point. lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BlackWind

@Mr_Ingenuity: Those are some good Static feats, are they all in his respect thread?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

I think that's the biggest problem in most of these Storm related debates. People are way too uninformed about her powers, and anything other than a full "reducation" in just about every thread related to her is the only thing that will convince them that they are wrong. I really hate throwing around the link to that huge feat topic because I know no one will ever sit and read it unless they're interested, but we damn near have to bring the whole thing into just about every thread to make our point. lol

This is honestly why I'm done with the "She hasn't done this in years" argument......Why would she need to contain a gamma bomb every 3 years? I can work a case for her simply based off of the "2000's" alone.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@BlackWind said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: Those are some good Static feats, are they all in his respect thread?

I tend to forget that he has a respect thread..........................he deserves respect. He gets dissed far too often by DC, imo

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@BlackWind said:

No scans I uploaded for debates I don't have the attention span for a respect thread.