Storm vs Telekinetics

• 176 results
Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This gauntlet is not in the right order.

Also, why is Invisible Woman in it? She's not telekinetic.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By kasya

@crimz: Sue has her own form of it like tks

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: She can use her force-fields like telekinesis, but it's a completely different power with it's own unique strengths and weaknesses.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@kasya:

Quick question Storm has been by stars before and used them for powers and the heat or anything didn't affect her? So why would acid do anything to her and does it she toys with gases and acid too with her powers?

I'd like to apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Its been a hectic past few days with trying to close on a house. Its...an involved process to be sure. But you've asked some excellent questions here, and I'll try to rise to the occasion with my answers:

1. I'm unaware of any case where Storm has for example, flown through the Corona(s) and/or Photosphere(s) of a star without a spaceship/suit, completely under her own power without harm to herself (*note: just because I haven't seen her casually fly through solar atmospheres without harm doesn't mean she hasn't done it. I'm just asking for further clarity on that front).
  2. This is the best question I've gotten in real life or here on the 'Vine in quite a while. Tissue damage based on heat will often come from radiant heat (sunburns would be a good example), conductive heat (directly touching an electric stove burner or a campfire, etc...), and convection based heat (being in an environment when the air itself is super heated which often results in dehydration).

Acids on the other hand work through an entirely different mechanism. They destroy/dissolve the molecular bonds that hold solid material together. They can perform this at room temperature, but even refrigerated acids are fully able to "burn" through materials that aren't too molecularly dense to resist them (without burning them in the traditional sense). To put it another way, did you ever see the original " Alien" film? If so, you might remember the scene when Kane was in sick bay and they tried to remove the "facehugger" from his face/neck. In that scene, a small incision was made below the creature's knuckle and a small amount of it's acidic blood spilled onto the floor. It (within seconds) "burned" through several decks before finally slowing to a stop. It still had enough caustic ability to scorch the tip of the captain's inkpen when he touched it to the celling to see if it was safe to walk down that hallway. This was a miniscule amount that burned through several decks of an interplanetary commercial spaceship. To survive that trip, the Nostromo would have to be substantially strong internally as well as it's external hull. It's all metal decks (floors and cellings) are much more durable than human flesh, and they never stood a chance against strong acids. Imagine someone without bulletproof durability (at a minimum) being besieged on all sides by an atmosphere composed almost entirely out of such corrosives. Storm might survive Venus' atmospheric heat based on scans that have been provided, but the acids that compose its lower atmosphere dissolve solid matter (including flesh, organs, and bone) immediately. Acids don't work slowly unless they have been first diluted by water. And no liquid water exists on Venus. Not to mention that all oxygen on Venus is in what would be Venus' Exosphere, which is nowhere near the surface where it would be helpful to her.

Again, thank you for such excellent questions! I'll try to be more prompt with my responses in the future (you are the OP after, and I don't want to upset you 'cause that would be bad)!

@roddy010:

Before I respond to you postings, I'd like to say something. The name calling is completely uncalled for and unprovoked. I don't have to be rude to you or question your motives just because we find ourselves on different sides of a discussion. We simply have a difference of opinion, and I'd like to believe that Comicvine.com, the internet at large, and the World in general are big enough to tolerate more than one viewpoint at a time. With that said, I'd like to give you your highlighted propswith a couple of concessions:

I am impressed with the space station feats as well as the oceanic feats. Very impressive indeed. I had not read those issues, and was thusly unaware that she has accomplished these things. She just might survive Venusian heat and air pressure based on scans you've provided. Where we disagree is that Maxima's superhuman durability is quite different from Superman and Wonder Woman's (the examples you sited) in that Clark's is as a result of his dense cellular structure combined with his protective aura that extends several inches from his body. Diana's is a result of her Amazonian DNA (but she can invoke total invulnerability when she crosses her bracelets and thus completes the Aegis of Zeus). Maxima is super durable in body like both of them, but she can further augment her durability and protect herself (and others) via her force fields.

I didn't misinterpret Sinister's durability. I simply pointed out the differences between his type of durability and Maxima's (or the Hulk's, or someone like Thor perhaps) in that if he was shot by a shotgun for example there would be a T-1000 type shotgun wound left behind. He would then heal like Clayface soon after. Shooting Maxima (the Hulk or Thor) would result in a ricochet upon a direct hit. Simply pointing out a difference that's all. Sinister's body is a superstrong emulsion-type substance, and would understandably be vulnerable to electrostatic manipulation seeing as liquids are great conductors of electricity.

Cool scan with Psylocke. I don't have a clue why she was so pissed at Bishop, but the incoming TK pulse was something aimed directly at him, and he most likely survived the experience by absorbing most of its kinetic energy. Rachel, being a psionic would understandably be sensitive to/vulnerable to an incoming psionic assault, even though it was aimed at someone else with her being caught as TK collateral damage. Storm (also not the direct target of the attack) did effectively calm Betsy down enough to reason with her, but I'd love to see what would've happened if it was Ororo she was mad at instead of Bishop. Hmm. Another Battle Thread perhaps...

DC Comics has yet to place any known arbitrary limitations on Maxima's teleportation powers. It is not reliant on "line of sight" like Nightcrawler's, or "organic material exclusively" like the super computer Skynet of Terminator fame. She can and has teleported both organic and inorganic matter (like clothing and weapons) across interplanetary distances with little to no strain. She should have no problem here on that front.

I brought up Starbreaker simply to illustrate the fact that while Storm is very powerful, her power output is easily dwarfed by the Galactus-level threat he represents. I brought this up simply to present the fact that Maxima doesn't have a glass jaw when it comes to energy based attacks.

I'm both impressed with Storm and disappointed by Candra in the scans you posted. But I need to ask you 4 questions:

1. If we replaced Candra with Maxima in that match-up, do you really think she (a military tactician, and lifelong martial artist) would simply stand there cowering behind her shields hoping to win a war of attrition? Or does it make more sense that she would blitz in (or teleport in) at speeds far too fast for human comprehension while shielded and deliver a blow to Storm strong enough to send Superman through multiple skyscrapers over several city blocks?
  2. Would she remain in one piece after receiving such an direct attack from someone in Maxima's weight class, in your opinion?
  3. If we replaced Candra with Maxima in that match-up and Maxima did exactly what Candra did (stand there playing mutant power tug-of-war), do you think a positive outcome awaits Storm if she struck Maxima in the face with her fists?
  4. Would she even have usable hands after striking the concrete wall Maxima's natural durability represents? Or does it make more sense that Storm would be torn limb from limb at hypersonic speeds in a h2h confrontation with the Princess of Almerac? Win by KO/death: Maxima.

Four honest questions. But while debating you on the aforementioned, I got tunnel vision. Three things I overlooked came to mind:

• Stranded. Storm would be melted down to nothing and killed without a space suit specifically designed to protect her from the Venusian atmosphere (I'll concede the heat and air pressure variables, but not the acids. No way.) More importantly, she'd have no means to return to Earth under her own power and thus she would die there. Win for Maxima by BFR. Not to mention...
  • Starvation/dehydration. Venus possesses no agriculture, no animal life even at the microbial level, and no liquid water. These are fatal realities that even if Storm was acid/bulletproof, she would walk around on the Venusian surface for days in total darkness with nothing to eat or drink. Death by starvation/dehydration= Winner Maxima.
  • This is a gauntlet. Exodus precedes Maxima in this gauntlet. I can think of no method or tactic that Storm can utilize to defeat Exodus without her teammates, so she will never reach Maxima in the first place.

I'll stop here. Again, thank you for showing me things that were worthy of highlighted props!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kasya

@heraldofganthet: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11119/111196038/4532478-storm+resistant+3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11119/111196038/4532476-storm+resistant.jpg

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/storm-7317/the-thermodynamics-mechanics-and-feats-of-storms-p-719868/

And if you look here you'll see her feats on resistances

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Roddy010

@heraldofganthet:

Before I respond to you postings, I'd like to say something. The name calling is completely uncalled for and unprovoked. I don't have to be rude to you or question your motives just because we find ourselves on different sides of a discussion. We simply have a difference of opinion, and I'd like to believe that Comicvine.com, the internet at large, and the World in general are big enough to tolerate more than one viewpoint at a time. With that said, I'd like to give you your highlighted propswith a couple of concessions:

Where in my post did I call you a name? I critiqued your post but I never called you a name. I will admit my respond was a bit aggressive but that's only because (until now) you've persistently undermined every bit of evidence I've gave in respect to my stance. Your tone also didn't make matters any better but it is what it is. I'm willing to agree to disagree where we can. I appreciate the props and have to return the thank you for giving me a reason to research such a badass character that is, Maxima. I had no idea how her powers operated but she's now one of my top favorite psychics after this debate.

Where we disagree is that Maxima's superhuman durability is quite different from Superman and Wonder Woman's (the examples you sited) in that Clark's is as a result of his dense cellular structure combined with his protective aura that extends several inches from his body. Diana's is a result of her Amazonian DNA (but she can invoke total invulnerability when she crosses her bracelets and thus completes the Aegis of Zeus). Maxima is super durable in body like both of them, but she can further augment her durability and protect herself (and others) via her force fields.

I don't see how any of this proves her durability is different from them too. Maxima's genetics being augmented by her own psionic field can be compared to Superman garnishing energy from the sun. Her forcefields can be compared to Superman's aura and Diana's bracelet, which also creates a forcefield when pressed together. You also still haven't prove that she is any less vulnerable to electrical attacks like the two named. I see no reason why she won't though considering Storm's attacks have been proven to scramble psionic energy.

I didn't misinterpret Sinister's durability. I simply pointed out the differences between his type of durability and Maxima's (or the Hulk's, or someone like Thor perhaps) in that if he was shot by a shotgun for example there would be a T-1000 type shotgun wound left behind. He would then heal like Clayface soon after. Shooting Maxima (the Hulk or Thor) would result in a ricochet upon a direct hit. Simply pointing out a difference that's all. Sinister's body is a superstrong emulsion-type substance, and would understandably be vulnerable to electrostatic manipulation seeing as liquids are great conductors of electricity.

In the scans I posted Sinister tanked a full on concussive blast from Cyclops, a lightning strike from Storm, a flash freeze from iceman and a blitz from Rogue, Wolverine Colossus etc. all without needing to heal or change form. So once again this point is moot, especially since his body is composed of a solid form on a daily. Also you do know that all humanoids are walking conductors of electricity, right?

DC Comics has yet to place any known arbitrary limitations on Maxima's teleportation powers. It is not reliant on "line of sight" like Nightcrawler's, or "organic material exclusively" like the super computer Skynet of Terminator fame. She can and has teleported both organic and inorganic matter (like clothing and weapons) across interplanetary distances with little to no strain. She should have no problem here on that front.

Once again none of this matters since she's limited to only her TK abilities. Besides as mentioned before she rarely if ever uses this ability in a battle situation.

I brought up Starbreaker simply to illustrate the fact that while Storm is very powerful, her power output is easily dwarfed by the Galactus-level threat he represents. I brought this up simply to present the fact that Maxima doesn't have a glass jaw when it comes to energy based attacks.

This is debatable since we don't know the amount of energy Starbreaker used to attack Maxima. It certainly wasn't his max out put and he was able to easily put her down along with the rest of the team using only a fraction of his power. Storm's wind and lightning at their max has upsurp Siena Blaze's full power and she can rip the planet in two as well. In UX #14 Xavier telepathically forced Siena to unleash all of the power she had to temporarily burn her out. So Storm summoned an electrically-charged wind tunnel to redirect the blast. She's also contained nukes as well as redirected Scott's optic blast with her winds and as mentioned effected 100 ton durability, so I see no reason why she wouldn't effect Maxima. Starbreaker may dwarf her output on a regular but she still has enough raw power to contend with Maxima.

I'm both impressed with Storm and disappointed by Candra in the scans you posted. But I need to ask you 4 questions:

Candra can manipulate matter on an atomic level to the point that she can (de)activate mutant powers and was able to reconstruct her body even after being disintegrated. She's also a psychic vampire and was able to keep Jean from detecting her psi ability. She's also displayed some pyrokinetic abilities similar to Maxima. So she's a pretty powerful telekinetic in her own right.

You also forget that Storm is a battle ready tactician as well and has an established strategy against telekinetics. In the scans, She attacked first not giving Candra the advantage of a first strike and forcing her on the defense. In a fight where Maxima is limited to her TK she will be caught in the same scenario. I never stated Storm will be able to physically harm Maxima. I mentioned her walking up to Candra to show how effective Storm's powers are against TK not to prove her physical prowess. She could also distort her concentration by tampering with the pressure in her inner ear or by scrambling the synapses in her brain.

This is a gauntlet. Exodus precedes Maxima in this gauntlet. I can think of no method or tactic that Storm can utilize to defeat Exodus without her teammates, so she will never reach Maxima in the first place.

This is dependent on the version of Exodus because he has yet to actually fight Storm since Blood Ties.

I'll stop here. Again, thank you for showing me things that were worthy of highlighted props!

Okay and once again you're welcome. Thank you for your contribution as well. Though honestly this entire debate goes back to my original point. You still were underestimating Storm's abilities, even though you have limited knowledge on their potency as well as how the operate. I'm glad we were able to come to some form of agreement, though I will respectfully agree to disagree on others. Anyways, good day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storms omnipotent. This shouldn't come to mind.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@kasya:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11119/111196038/4532478-storm+resistant+3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11119/111196038/4532476-storm+resistant.jpg

Oh, yeah. I never had any doubts about Storm's ability to withstand freezing cold temperatures. Rain is often pretty cold and snow is even colder and she manipulates both fairly frequently. I do wonder why the Professor thought Cyclops' statement about Storm's powers was the dumbest thing he ever heard. Maybe the good Prof knows something we and Scott don't...? Hmm....

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/storm-7317/the-thermodynamics-mechanics-and-feats-of-storms-p-719868/

And if you look here you'll see her feats on resistances

Nice one. Some of that stuff I figured, but never had verification on. Very cool. But in a previous post, I admitted to succumbing to tunnel vision in reference to the whole Storm VS Maxima thing as to why Maxima would inevitably win here. I'll repost it here for your reading pleasure:

• Stranded. Storm would be melted down to nothing and killed without a space suit specifically designed to protect her from the Venusian atmosphere (I'll concede the heat and air pressure variables, but not the acids. No way.) More importantly, she'd have no means to return to Earth under her own power and thus she would die there. Win for Maxima by BFR. Not to mention...
  • Starvation/dehydration. Venus possesses no agriculture, no animal life even at the microbial level, and no liquid water. These are fatal realities that even if Storm was acid/bulletproof, she would walk around on the Venusian surface for days in total darkness with nothing to eat or drink. Death by starvation/dehydration= Winner Maxima.
  • This is a gauntlet. Exodus precedes Maxima in this gauntlet. I can think of no method or tactic that Storm can utilize to defeat Exodus without her teammates, so she will never reach Maxima in the first place.

I thank you for the links. I'll direct others to them if they have Storm questions in the future!;)

(By the way, is that Mariah Carey in your avatar pic?)

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@roddy010:

Where in my post did I call you a name? I critiqued your post but I never called you a name. I will admit my respond was a bit aggressive but that's only because (until now) you've persistently undermined every bit of evidence I've gave in respect to my stance. Your tone also didn't make matters any better but it is what it is. I'm willing to agree to disagree where we can.

I take full responsibility for my participation in said exchanges. I was perhaps too sensitive. Mea culpa.;)

I appreciate the props and have to return the thank you for giving me a reason to research such a badass character that is, Maxima. I had no idea how her powers operated but she's now one of my top favorite psychics after this debate.

Do you have any idea how refreshing it is to hear a Marvel fan say something like this? Ahh... music to my ears, mon ami!

I don't see how any of this proves her durability is different from them too. Maxima's genetics being augmented by her own psionic field can be compared to Superman garnishing energy from the sun. Her forcefields can be compared to Superman's aura and Diana's bracelet, which also creates a forcefield when pressed together. You also still haven't prove that she is any less vulnerable to electrical attacks like the two named. I see no reason why she won't though considering Storm's attacks have been proven to scramble psionic energy.

Not...exactly. You're on the right track though. It's more like the shields that Magneto or Sue Richards or the classic Hal Jordan force field bubble type of shielding that she generates. Now she can and does create skin tight force fields when she's in a high radiation or vacuum type of environment, but she can create force field domes/spheres when necessary. Clark and Diana can't though. We agree on that.

Once again none of this matters since she's limited to only her TK abilities. Besides as mentioned before she rarely if ever uses this ability in a battle situation.

But that's the thing: Maxima's teleportation powers are telekinetic in nature. The way it was explained to me was that she telekinetically breaks down the subject in to microscopic particles and then reassembles them at the location of her choosing in a matter of instants. Come to think of it, this may be why she hardly ever used the JLA Teleport Tubes. Hmm... That may be worth looking into later when I get home. While it's true that this is not a readily go to power, it is well within her toolbox to use at her leisure. Especially if she was being annoyed by Storm and wanted a quick resolution to the match-up.

Candra can manipulate matter on an atomic level to the point that she can (de)activate mutant powers and was able to reconstruct her body even after being disintegrated. She's also a psychic vampire and was able to keep Jean from detecting her psi ability. She's also displayed some pyrokinetic abilities similar to Maxima. So she's a pretty powerful telekinetic in her own right.

No argument from me. My disappointment in her stems from her behaving like the ancient residents of Timbuktu in that they were great scholars in all things intellectual, but viewed any attempt to improve one's physical prowess (especially working out or learning armed or unarmed combat skills) as uncouth. They were conquered with little effort as a result. Candra is a devastating psionic who has lived way too long to have not learned at least a remedial level of h2h combat skills. Instead, she has spent her centuries of life specifically in the pursuit of boosting her mutant powers and simply relying on her External status to deal with any physical damage she might sustain. And as a result, she got knocked out cold by someone without superhuman strength in one blow.

If Wolverine used his healing factor as a crutch the way she does (I know he's not an External, but he is very long lived and difficult to permanently harm/kill) he wouldn't have any of his Black Belts. Good for Storm I suppose, but embarrassing for Candra (lol).

You also forget that Storm is a battle ready tactician as well and has an established strategy against telekinetics.

I actually hadn't. She has been the X-Men's co-leader for a good while now. She certainly has battlefield bonafides.

In the scans, She attacked first not giving Candra the advantage of a first strike and forcing her on the defense. In a fight where Maxima is limited to her TK she will be caught in the same scenario.

I remember the OP outlawing telepathic attacks, but did she also negate the Gauntlet members other powers? Or to put it another way, are Maxima's innate Almeracian powers (strength, durability, and speed) deactivated here as well? Her teleportation on herself and others wouldn't be affected by such restrictions since, well I explained that earlier, I won't go back into that...

I never stated Storm will be able to physically harm Maxima. I mentioned her walking up to Candra to show how effective Storm's powers are against TK not to prove her physical prowess. She could also distort her concentration by tampering with the pressure in her inner ear or by scrambling the synapses in her brain.

It is refreshing to see that this is your position. I can't imagine any outcome involving h2h combat between Maxima and Storm that doesn't involve a mop and a squeegee. That said, Storm overwhelming Candra and then punching her in her face afterwards is a good feat for her. However, there is no guarantee the inner ear tactic would work on Maxima since Almeracian physiology could be quite different than ours (I mention this because during the "Supreme VS Gladiator" crossover we learned that Gladiator has multiple hearts). Also, Maxima could simply speed blitz her while shielded before her synapses were in any danger. One hit would be all it took. Just sayin...

This is a gauntlet. Exodus precedes Maxima in this gauntlet. I can think of no method or tactic that Storm can utilize to defeat Exodus without her teammates, so she will never reach Maxima in the first place.

This is dependent on the version of Exodus because he has yet to actually fight Storm since Blood Ties.

Fair enough. It's the OP's decision on which version of him is present in this gauntlet. "Blood Ties" Exodus gives Storm a swirly.

Okay and once again you're welcome. Thank you for your contribution as well. Though honestly this entire debate goes back to my original point. You still were underestimating Storm's abilities, even though you have limited knowledge on their potency as well as how the operate. I'm glad we were able to come to some form of agreement, though I will respectfully agree to disagree on others. Anyways, good day.

It is true that I haven't been as up on the X-books as I should be over the past few years, but I am willing to admit where my knowledge on such characters is lacking. You can't be an intellectually honest person without that ability, and I thank you for presenting the info that you have. Much appreciated. Who knows, might find ourselves on the same side of an argument in a future Thread. Can you imagine the poor bastard who'd have to deal with the both of us getting his mind right simultaneously (lol)!!:P

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kasya

@kasya:

I thank you for the links. I'll direct others to them if they have Storm questions in the future!;)

(By the way, is that Mariah Carey in your avatar pic?)

How is his tk powerful enough to stop her? And yes that is Mariah :)

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@kasya:

How is his tk powerful enough to stop her? And yes that is Mariah :)

It's been years since I read "Blood Ties" so I'm foggy on the details, but if I remember correctly he telekinetically curbstomped War Machine (who I'd also pick to win over Storm if he was going all in from the beginning of the fight), actually ended up stalemating a psionic as strong as Sersi, and it took the combined Avengers and X-Men teams to take him down.

Dude's a badass for real. I just don't see her taking him down by herself is all.

(p.s. Good job on the avatar pic. Mariah's nummy!;)

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: I think her powers are enough to overwhelm him since its just tk.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@darklord_apoc: Because Standard sinister can be incapacitated. Even if he has an out for being killed his body and bones can be fried or broken to the point of being unuseable. Keep in mind Storm is very aware of Sinister's survival abilities. She was present for his first "death" when Cyclops obliterated him, and his last "death" where he just had a bunch of clones to transfer his mind into. She's just gonna break through his sheild and thoroughly own him if he doesn't have his additional abilities.

No Caption Provided

Oh and I found a scan of Sinister using his tk on Cyclops, so he can and would do the same to Storm, he isn't stupid and one of the smartest in Marvel Earth, she will attack him and he will play dead and then use his tk on her just like he did Cyclops....

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Stormcell

@lordofallhumans said:
@darkraiden said:
@lordofallhumans said:
@darkraiden said:

Gets to Jean (as she's beaten her TK before).

When did that happen? She at most has strained Jean's tk when she (Storm) was cutting loose and Jean wasn't. Fact is under normal conditions Storm's attacks are not more powerful than Binary, and Jean actually trying can take her so I see no reason why she can't take Storm. It could go either way, but money is on Jean if both are not holding back.

At least 2 times

The two times you're talking about Storm did not get through Jean's tk. Her lightning onslaught did not breach Jean's shield. Her winds combined with Legions time vortex did not breach her tk anchor. So I'll ask again when did she use her powers to actually overpower Jean's tk?

This is not what happened. Jean Grey's TK NEVER withstood Legion's time vortex along with Storm's indirect wind attack. In that story, the wind thing and the time vortex happened at two different times, not at the same time. Storm generated powerful winds and made Legion to focal point of the attack, so Legion took the brunt of the wind's force. Jean, who got only a portion of the force of the winds Storm generated, had to strain her TK in order to withstand them. So, that was once. The other time Storm strained Jean's TK is when she used her lightning to destroy all traces of an elixer Shaw and Kingpin were going fight over. She hurled her lightning with such force that the glass in the building structure exploded with tremendous power that Jean's TK field could barely withstand the high velocity impact of the glass. So, there are two instances there.

Storm is the perfect weapon to use against characters with both TP and TK. She can shield her mind from telepathic detection and she can use fog, rain, snow, sleet, and hail to steal the vision from her opponents. I have seen Storm literally make her mind invisible to Psylocke while Betsy was being boosted by Cerebro. This means that Storm can become functionally invisible to a psi threat as they would unable to locate her telepathically or visually. Meanwhile, Storm has the ability to see the universe around her as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will. This means that her vision will not be obscured by such weather cover as Storm has literally been able to use this ability to locate objects hidden in walls. Furthermore, she can detect movement and energy in the environment giving her another way to locate her foe in the middle of blinding weather cover. On the other hand, the TP/TK mix will have no idea where Storm is and therefore would not even know where to direct their TK attacks.

On top of this, when written at her best without PIS, no telepath can overcome Storm's mental defenses. Storm has a huge advantage over psionic foes.

Things Storm can do to telekinetics:

1) She can create thuderclaps about their heads shattering their concentration so they can't access their powers. (Uncanny 178, she pulled this stunt on Pyro, Blob, and Avalanche.) This means even if a TK creates a force-field, while Storm could most likely generate sufficient force to knock the shield down, she doesn't have to. All she has to do is mess up their concentration so that they drop their own field.

2) She can shatter their concentration in other ways by spinning them in whirlwinds thus nullifying their ability to access their powers. (She's done this to Jean Grey twice.)

3) Storm has been able to control the weather through the force-fields of Jean, Magneto, and Sue Richards meaning there is no reason she could not simply take control of the environment in the force-fields of the people she's being pitted against here or even do her internal attacks.

4) Storm can erect protective energy barriers that deflect TK energy. (She pulled this trick on Candra in Unlimited issue 7.)

5) She can continually strike out at the TK with a perpetual elemental barrage to strain out their power and concentration. (Literally, Storm can set up destructive weather patterns to strike out at her foes and it doesn't require her attention or continued power usage for the barrage to keep going. She has literally been knocked unconscious before and the barrage continues on its own until it runs out of steam. For evidence of this, check out the Storm/Proteus fight in the Uncanny 120s. TKs, on the other hand, must continually use their powers to block out attacks and anchor themselves against great force. This will definitely wear them out while having no wear and tear at all on Ororo.)

6) She can allow a telepath to attack her mind only to hyperenergize the electrical field around her mind to literally fry the invading telepath out of her psyche thus knocking them out of the fight. (She pulled this feat on Bogan, a Xavier-level telepath, who had added the psi powers of Rachel to his own power.)

Anyway, she can do other things as well. Storm is just too powerful and too versatile for psis unless they are wielding the Phoenix Force.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklord_apoc: he can't play dead with Storm...she's known him since his first appearance. Unless he has confirmed strength to resist her full attacks...which he doesn't...then he just gets wailed on. Holding Cyke doesnt really amount to much since every telekinetic on this list can do the same. I mean Rachel and Jean have city lifting feats, and have at points taken city level offense ..and their wins are debatable because Storm has power and range.

@stormcell Lol the Legion example is PIS at its finest. If you look at the issue, you'll see Bishop just chilling in the midst of that epic windstorm while Iceman stands behind have a wall of ice. Jean's building catching (at that point) tk was being strained by wind that couldn't knock over the people in the area without a defensive power set.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Actually, that's not correct. The winds were focused on Legion which means it would have been hitting her teammates at varying forces. The winds would not have been hitting the other characters with equal force. Jean was obviously getting hit harder than the other X-Men, but nowhere near as hard as Legion would have been. For all we know, Bishop could have been protected by Jean's TK field just like Psylocke was being shielded by Bobby's ice shield.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: except nowhere is it stated she was using her tk to do anything other then stand up right, and Bishop and the others are right next to her. Unless its completely windless in that direction (Like 2 feet behind her) then that is either PIS because she's the only one struggling to stand or she's a lot closer then she appears...which makes it invalid as a Storm feat since she's getting hit with far stronger winds then the others without a sheild and remaining standing.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Sue

So underrated in combat

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Stormcell

@koays said:

@stormcell: except nowhere is it stated she was using her tk to do anything other then stand up right, and Bishop and the others are right next to her. Unless its completely windless in that direction (Like 2 feet behind her) then that is either PIS because she's the only one struggling to stand or she's a lot closer then she appears...which makes it invalid as a Storm feat since she's getting hit with far stronger winds then the others without a sheild and remaining standing.

To be honest, the main problem with your position is the issue stated the strength of Storm's winds: the tempest she created was so powerful that it broke the rules of nature. That, coupled with the fact that Storm's winds have far more force than what Jean's TK can produce, gives credence to Jean being strained. If anything, the argument should be made that Bishop should have been flattened by those indirect wind attacks.

Who knows? Maybe the reason Bishop was not knocked flat by the winds is because Jean may have been standing between him and the wind itself. I mean, if the wind is blowing towards Bishop's front, if Jean stands in front of him, she could be taking the brunt of the wind force that would ordinarily be hitting Bishop. Again, this would still be FAR less than the wind force that would be striking Legion.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@darklord_apoc: he can't play dead with Storm...she's known him since his first appearance. Unless he has confirmed strength to resist her full attacks...which he doesn't...then he just gets wailed on. Holding Cyke doesnt really amount to much since every telekinetic on this list can do the same. I mean Rachel and Jean have city lifting feats, and have at points taken city level offense ..and their wins are debatable because Storm has power and range.

@stormcell Lol the Legion example is PIS at its finest. If you look at the issue, you'll see Bishop just chilling in the midst of that epic windstorm while Iceman stands behind have a wall of ice. Jean's building catching (at that point) tk was being strained by wind that couldn't knock over the people in the area without a defensive power set.

If Nate Grey wasn't able to K.O Sinister up until Nate used his full rage on him, then what is Storm going to do to take him out? Sinister has handled people like Sabertooth with one hand and also out classes Colossus as well, which both are far stronger than Storm.. His molecules can regenerate just as Apocalypse can, he has been clawed by Logan, shoot at point blank range by Cyclops, who's optic blast can destroy a mountain especially at that range, and he his skin and even bone tissue regenerates, so there is nothing that Storm can do to kill him but all he has to do is focus a tk attack on her while she is throwing lighting bolts that he can heal from in seconds. Storm is human mutant just like Cyclops, even thou Cyclops is way more physically stronger than she is. As you say that Storm knows how Sinister is, well he knew her since she was a kid herself I believe and Sinister is one of the worlds advanced in mutant genes, so he isn't dumb... He also fought Captain Britain, who was able to knock Sinisters head completely off and that didn't k.o him.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklord_apoc: hehe :P

Good post

Why thanks good sir lol :) , so what do u think about this battle? I feel its a mismatch myself. Storm can not go toe to toe with any of these tk here besides maybe Sinister but even then she still loses to him because of what my last post says.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the fact remains that she has only strained not beaten Jeans tk as the post I responded to initially stated. Storm has not breached her shield even when cutting loose suggesting Jean tk is more powerful than Storm's attack. All that telepathy proof static is a load when Storm herself says the full for of Jean's telepathy can break into any mind regardless of shielding. To many instances of Emma effecting her telepathically to think Jean will be powerless against her.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: that was Jean's power. Every manifestation of a Phoenix raptor in regards to Jean does not mean she's using the Phoenix force. It was her codename during the time and she was using Phoenix imagery using her own powers for years before Storm made the comment about her telepathic raptor attack.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: Storm us not hurting Maxima. She is at least Superman level.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well most of those people mentioned storm actually has already beaten.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was/can be effected by electrical attacks (i,e Livewire). With these conditions, Maxima will be no different

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has fought Mr. Sinister along with X-Factor and the X-Men and she could not hurt him, and Sinister was not using any TP against her and Sinister has been able to use tk, as the scan I have shown, he also did it in Inferno against X-Factor and X-Men... I am too lazy to search for scans but it was the last issue of Inferno, maybe someone has the scans of the battle...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@roddy2010 said:
@robertloucksjr said:

Superman was/can be effected by electrical attacks (i,e Livewire). With these conditions, Maxima will be no different

It's funny how people seem to just ignore that. lol

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AbelHsu

@roddy2010 said:

Round 10- Maxima- Storm LOSES HORRIBLY.

FIXED.

Storm is not beating Maxima,who is faster ,stronger,more durable,and HAXer than her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm beats them all even altogether.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm beats them all even altogether.

She loses terribly,especially to Maxima.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mooty_Pass

This list is out of Order.

However, with Storms experience in dealing with TK Users i'd say she can take out:

Rachel Grey, Invisible Woman, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Cable, Maxima.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Maxima still has interstellar teleportation. Storm gets sent to the gravity well of Antares.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@switchdoctor: Maxima has done this to one person iirc and is rarely a tactic used in combat, besides she will be too busy playing the defense against Storm's onslaught.

@abelhsu said:
@roddy2010 said:

FIXED.

Storm is not beating Maxima,who is faster ,stronger,more durable,and HAXer than her.

Maxima is limited to her TK only. Before you try me, try the OP.

"The Telekinetics have no telepathy only tk"

Besides that Storm has a means to end this battle quickly.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@switchdoctor: Maxima has done this to one person iirc and is rarely a tactic used in combat, besides she will be too busy playing the defense against Storm's onslaught.

@abelhsu said:
@roddy2010 said:

FIXED.

Maxima is limited to her TK only. Before you try me, try the OP.

She has planetary TK,lol.

"The Telekinetics have no telepathy only tk"

Besides that Storm has a means to end this battle quickly.

Like ? Maxima's reflexes allowed her to react to stuff much faster than Storm's attacks.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu:

Storm's abilities are planetary as well and she has combated forces that could split the earth in two (i.e Sienna Blaze). She definitely has the raw power to contend with Maxima's TK.

Like ? Maxima's reflexes allowed her to react to stuff much faster than Storm's attacks.

Storm could end the battle quickly with an internal attack (i.e. electrical synapses scrambled, increased air pressure in the inner ear) Maxima would not be able to react to these form of attacks. Now I will admit that at full power Maxima would take it handily but nerfed to just TK she will go down and won't even see it coming.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Storm's fanbase is so ridiculously obnoxious it isn't even fun anymore. Storm does not clear and gets stomped in a completely one sided match against some of these guys. Nate Grey and Cable are complete mismatches.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@abelhsu:

Storm's abilities are planetary as well and she has combated forces that could split the earth in two (i.e Sienna Blaze). She definitely has the raw power to contend with Maxima's TK.

Storm could end the battle quickly with an internal attack (i.e. electrical synapses scrambled, increased air pressure in the inner ear) Maxima would not be able to react to these form of attacks. Now I will admit that at full power Maxima would take it handily but nerfed to just TK she will go down and won't even see it coming.

No way is Storm going to get the first move on an opponent that's in Sentry's or Jay Garrick's ballpark for reaction times. Before Ororo's synapses fire, Maxima could TK her head right off her shoulders.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She loses basically every single round.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kasya_carey

@adamtrmm: not trying to butt in but you apparently know no feats about storm fighting tk users do you? Her powers have shown effective. @ghostravage: wow same can be said just about every fan base. If you actually knew Storm, you would know her powers are effective against telekinetics. Also nate grey is far from a mismatch. He's not as strong as he once was.

swagaroth4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: I'd assume they were talking pre-Shaman Nate who'd most certainly stomp.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kasya_carey

@swagaroth4: yes I made this battle on my old account before the site transitioned and I couldn't get this account back and you're supposed to use current versions of a character unless specified. Also I literally said every only has tk. Idk why ppl are bring up maxima strength and etc.

swagaroth4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: Current versions when the thread was made actually.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagaroth4: it was last year and when was the last time nate powers rivaled the Phoenix?