Storm vs Strawhats

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@cooldes said:

@darkraiden: lol he has done it before, and i think the strawhat have prep so he's ready to blitz.

and Post #56 i think, Spideypresence posted the vid of luffy easily dodging lasers and saying they were too slow.

Lasers are rarely lightspeed in fiction though...even spiderman and street levelers have dodged them. I'd need some kind of statement that they were lightspeed first. And Manga scans since anime is.....non canon.

i never said they were lightspeed, i specifically said " if you consider them lightspeed" and earlier i said they SHOULD be lightspeed. because there is no evidence against it. lasers are just condensed light, while Lightning is NEVER light speed and is far from it.

anyway, i was just answering his question of "when has he dodged light ever?"

and why wouldn't anime be canon we're not talking about filler here, just the animated adaptation of the manga. why wouldn't it be treated as canon unless it goes against the manga itself?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By DarkRaiden

@cooldes said:

@darkraiden said:

@cooldes said:

@darkraiden: lol he has done it before, and i think the strawhat have prep so he's ready to blitz.

and Post #56 i think, Spideypresence posted the vid of luffy easily dodging lasers and saying they were too slow.

Lasers are rarely lightspeed in fiction though...even spiderman and street levelers have dodged them. I'd need some kind of statement that they were lightspeed first. And Manga scans since anime is.....non canon.

i never said they were lightspeed, i specifically said " if you consider them lightspeed" and earlier i said they SHOULD be lightspeed. because there is no evidence against it. lasers are just condensed light, while Lightning is NEVER light speed and is far from it.

anyway, i was just answering his question of "when has he dodged light ever?"

and why wouldn't anime be canon we're not talking about filler here, just the animated adaptation of the manga. why wouldn't it be treated as canon unless it goes against the manga itself?

Still not what I meant, I meant when has he gone lightspeed. And anime embellishes things, makes them bigger and better a lot of times. So only manga.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@deathhero61: Don't use the No limits Fallacy on a character that doesn't have it... There's nothing like Haki in comics, Observation Haki is the power to sense beings, Luffy can sense her and sense what she's going to do, its nothing like TP...

Did she avoided multiple lightnings? Because Luffy could punch her multiple times faster than a blink of an eye given the fact he did so when he first encountered those 3 Hody Gyojins in the island, 2 of them we're instantly KO'd besides The Drunk Samurai... Also, she's not fighting Luffy, she's fighting a team of 8 characters... She wont be like Hmmm... Im going against the boy with the hat and totally ignore That utterly big robot and that huge furry beast... Actually, the most deadly characters here are the ones who evoke the less threat... A boy with a straw hat, a normal woman, and a Swordman... Who logically shouldn't be able to touch her, but Zoro can... See my point?\

Im well aware of what she can do, but she wont given the fact she will have her back busted in half a second... She wont perceive Luffy in the first place given the fact she's fighting another 8 people who she would need to pay attention to... Got it? Luffy is too damn fast for her to avoid him, and adding bloodlusted and prep is just overkill... She wont be able to do nothing in 1 second.

Also, i saw how this is turning and i suggest you to calm down, maybe Cooldes hasn't debated like other people but you have no right to call him stupid and sort of. Don't be childish, that attitude makes you lose debates at the speed of thought. ;)

@cooldes said:

They don't move at the speed of light, they see to where is aimed and try to avoid it before it is launched, those laser Spiderman dodged, were going at the speed of light claimed by the person who shot them.

Also, from where did you get Anime is non-canon? Fillers are not canon but all of it is canon...

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By GhostRavage

@ghostravage: Why you didn't show Luffy new precog feat in Chapter 716.

Because i shouldn't use all my feats and back up from the start. I need to wait for false claims to counter. ;)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cooldes said:

As I said, most of the street levelers dodge laser by aim dodging. To explain, can you dodge a canon ball? No. But you can dodge it by seeing where then canon is pointing, and staying the hell away from impact line as the canon fires. Same principle. Stay away from the direction muzzle points, as the man is pulling trigger and you can dodge bullets. Doesn't mean you can actually see bullets coming or are faster than them. The kind of dodging you do is important for establishing your average speed.

Now, here is the laser dodge: (Note that this is a very significant fight in one piece, luffy's first fight after a two year time skip. They won't dare add non canon stuff to it.)

Loading Video...

The lasers in question, are directly incorporated from kizaru (I'm sure you're heard of this guy), a man made of light who attacks with.. light. So even if they are not light speed for argument's sake, they are still fast as hell.

This was stated by rear admiral x-drake (yup, the one who turns into t-rex) at the time straw hats,law,kid are fighting pacifista, and kizaru solos hawkins, apu, monk and drake: "Kuma's body and kizaru's laser. The pacifista are this developed already?" etc. etc.

I could look for a scan, but looking for one piece scans is really annoying, they always keep the scenes in disorder..

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: i wouln't say luffy is lightspeed, that's ridiculous. but he IS massively hypersonic+ and CAN aim dodge lightning ESPECIALLY with Haki precog.

And unless the anime directly goes against the manga or is filler, it should be treated as canon.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Roddy010

@wafflebeard: You seem to be the only reasonable debater her GhostRavage too, he/she just seems a bit zealous but I can respect the fact that you guys debated logically. Lightning is her primary weapon and all of the Straw Hats save Luffy are vulnerable to it, but it's far from her most deadly. She can easily drop the temperature in the entire area to sub-zero temps combining it with a harsh monsoon to create a blizzard Luffy has no defense against. The fact that she can localize this blizzard around Luffy's body, means he will be frozen all the way down to the bone marrow. At this point he could easily be shattered by winds/lightning since rubber substance are vulnerable to high temperatures.

@cooldes: The pretentious pot calling the kettle black. Typical. You've shown that you know absolutely nothing about Storm's powers. Because if you did you would know the answer these asinine questions...

Anyway, look how the sky looks in that picture? Is the lightning and all that coming from space? Nah, i don't think so, i think at least clouds need to be there right?

i think for her to sommon a flash flood, it'd have to be by rain right?

not going to work

or is she bringimg the water from somewhere else

If you knew about Storm then you would know she manipulates moisture on a sub-atomic level and can pull moisture from anywhere in the atmosphere. to create flash floods. She's done this numerous times.

A flash flood combined with lightning will intensify it's voltage and kill everyone save Luffy who can be flash frozen.

Also Storm>>>Enel from what I've seen.

@ghostravage: I never said I was too good for this thread if that were the case I wouldn't posted in the first place :P. I just didn't like how I was being patronized when no one gave evidence until now. Thank you btw. Speedblitz would only be helpful in a close enough range. I don't think the OP gave a starting distance. If Storm starts off in the sky or is far enough from the Straw Hats to produce a thought before they blitz, they are toast.

You're still ignoring the fact he dodge 3 beams effortlessly and even claimed how slow they were, the whole precognition works for Storm as well, the Pacifista didn't move but shoot from his mouth 3 beams... So saying Obsevation Haki only lets you know what your opponent's movement is blunt. It works like mind reading given the fact Rayleigh did it.

Only see till the point when the Observation Haki explanation ends. As you can see, Rayleigh is literally reading the next move WAY before it happens, he even tells Luffy about the move the Elephant will perform... So no... It doesn't restricts the user to only predict movements given the fact...

Those Beams came form his mouth. Which requires him making a movement (opening his mouth) the same with the Elephant. He didn't make those beams with his thoughts and they don't work the same way Storm's powers work. Those beams were shot in such a predictable way too. He stood right in front of Luffy and proceed to open his mouth. Storm could even dodge/counter that. This was a poor example.

Hody literally isn't aiming and just throwing hundreds and hundreds of water bullets and none of them hit Luffy once... Its something that tells him anything that will interact with him, hence the ability to sense beings... Enel lost to Luffy because he didn't have his Observation Haki trained, and only relied on his fruit amping the basics about it which is reading your opponents mind, given the fact Rayleigh didn't even look at the target he was avoiding.

Impressive and the best example you've presented, but once again Hody made movements in order to perform that attack. He isn't aiming but he still has to make movements in order to create the phenomena. He's not doing this at the speed of thought.

Also, Luffy did dodge instant transmission attacks with this Haki, he did it when fighting Ceasar Clown in Punk Hazard when he used the Gasset move, which instantly makes the target explode, which Luffy dodge 3 times to be precise in the entire Story Arc. So yeah, i can see Luffy busting Storm's body apart in 1 second given the fact...

Once again movement not thought. He has to make a series of movements in order for the phenomena to take place.

Luffy literally disappears from Hody Jones in front of his eyes and proceeds to bust him ridiculously fast without him even noticing it... Its going to be even worst for Storm given the fact they start visible, the Straw Hats have prep and are bloodlusted...\

Impressive but this only proves that within a close enough range Luffy could blitz. A point I already agreed.

So Luffy has never detected thoughts with his Haki which means he won't be able to anticipate any of Storm's attacks. Even so how will he avoid this?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 Some great debating skills you got there :)

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: ...not sure where i, the pot, called you, the kettle black... but if i did make a statement that cause you to feel upset i'n sorry, wasn't trying to mean, as i'm not a mean person in the least. but back on topic,

i didn't ask that first question... i already understand that storm can conjure up storm clouds easily.

but what i did ask is how is she going to cause a flash flood.

i know she CAN cause a flash flood, i just wanted to know how she was doing it in your senario, because there are many ways she could cause a flash flood.

And now(thanks for actually providing scans btw), if she creates a flash flood in the open Area in the OP, the water would just instantly spread and dissipate. plus, only standing water(i.e. oceans, lakes, pools) activates the DF weakness, so they wouldn't be affected by that anyway. How would storm know they have this weakness? and brook can run on water and would still go for the blitz.

All of the straw hats are just too versatile for this fight. Robin could summon hands to hold them up, chopper could go into jumping point, brook can run on water, etc. and lightning is just too slow.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By buttersdaman000

Lol wow.....This is why a great character like Storm gets a bad rep. Robin solos, Luffy solos, Zoro solos, Sanja solos (But he'll never hit a female), Brook solos, Ussop could possible solo, Chopper solos, Franky solos, and Nami....loses lol

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DeathHero61  Online

@cooldes:

@cooldes said:

@deathhero61:

wow dude calm down...

i don't understand why you're upset. you haven't said anything that put's Storm > Strawhats speed and versatility.

Storm speed is NOT faster than haki Precog.

Flash flood is not working because the water is not standing and because brook can run on water and can still blitz anyway.

Lightning does NOT move at speed of light. it moves MUCH slower.

Insulting me does not help your argument, just because we Dont see Eye to Eye in one battle doesn't mean we can't still be bros. The hostility is unnecessary in a debate.

i've responded to all of your senarios and told you why they wouldn't be effective in a civil manner.

But if you want to leave i can't stop you.

She can use the very wind currents in order to improve her speed, the fastest she gone was 500 to 600 miles per hour and if you want more feats roddy has plenty provided on her speed feats, versatility: she has dodged lighting and thor's hammer throws which were considered FTL.

"Storm speed is NOT faster than haki Precog."

What does that even mean??

"Flash flood is not working because the water is not standing and because brook can run on water and can still blitz anyway."

Dude i said this plently of times she takes the water from the air and launches it onto the strawhats. and before it spreads completely electrocute then freeze the water. Note she can freeze up to sub-zero, they ain't surviving that. plus look at the everglades the water is at least waist deep or worse in certain areas im positive it has soil down there. so how is the grass and soil gonna stop the water from coming towards the strawhats?

"Insulting me does not help your argument, just because we Dont see Eye to Eye in one battle doesn't mean we can't still be bros. The hostility is unnecessary in a debate."

Eye to eye? of course not, its because everything you say is either contradictory or is a straight up idiocy due to the fact you upright ignore other's argumentation and say something that shows that you ignored it or was not paying attention.

"ok so sanji is frozen. he ignites his legs. he is now unfrozen and unfreezes his teamates."

He needs to breathe and move in order to do all that, and thats gonna be hard in sub-zero temperatures.....

Ok, she takes the water vapor from the air and creates a massive amount of water. The water will still disperse in every direction, and therefore won't be still. Brook can run on water and blitzes.

If she takes a large amount that still won't stop the water from drowning the straw hats, plus she can just oh i don't know affect the landscape so the water goes in their direction?

"ripping the ground open? How fast can she do this? scans. because she's gonna get blitzed. but lets humor this idea for a second.

she rips the groind open and makes a large hole.

Robin creates an artificial new floor out if hands and the strawhats blitz."

Ummm ok im gonna counter what you said there. first once robin creates a artificial floor couldn't storm shoot robin's sprouted hands therefore forcing robin to remove them since they are linked to her? because as soon as she falls unconscious the hands will disappear, plus storm can fix the changes in weather she causes so she could just close the fissure on them. And hey let me humor this for a second.

*Robin creates artificial floor*

*storm flash floods the crew while in fissure* Or * Storm errodes the walls of the fissure and make it impossible for robin or luffy to touch* Or *Storm slams them with high air pressure* Or * Storm causes earthquake while robin attempts to save team and in result fissure caves in*

And finally OR Storm blitz them as soon as they start falling with freeze rain or hail storms. (they are useless in midair so they won't be able to retaliate that well)

There. Scenarios that counter your ridiculously loop holed simple scenarios counters.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wow.....This is why a great character like Storm gets a bad rep. Robin solos, Luffy solos, Zoro solos, Sanja solos (But he'll never hit a female), Brook solos, Ussop could possible solo, Chopper solos, Franky solos, and Nami....loses lol

You're overestimating sanji. He dies of nosebleed lol

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

You're overestimating sanji. He dies of nosebleed lol

True lol

Sanji - "Mistakes were made" (CoD)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: You called me a fanboy (which can be considered in insult on the forums) and your fanboyism showed when you didn't even care to research Storm before saying she gets stomped. The OP didn't even give a start distance so we don't know if the team is within close range or not. I'm not really upset but I don't like to be patronize. We can debate without calling each other names. I apologize for my comments too.

She doesn't need to know about their weakness to generate a flood. Storm is a tactician and being that this is a team she will have to use big phenomena to end the battle quickly. The scans I provided took place in the same type of environment as the one in the OP. She performed this feat first inside the tunnels and then again in the open Jungle to wash away Dinosaurs. This combined with lightning strikes will intensify the voltage and kill everyone save Luffy who will be flash frozen.

@vintage_spiderman: Thanks bro I appreciate it :)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 DeathHero61  Online

@deathhero61: Don't use the No limits Fallacy on a character that doesn't have it... There's nothing like Haki in comics, Observation Haki is the power to sense beings, Luffy can sense her and sense what she's going to do, its nothing like TP...

Did she avoided multiple lightnings? Because Luffy could punch her multiple times faster than a blink of an eye given the fact he did so when he first encountered those 3 Hody Gyojins in the island, 2 of them we're instantly KO'd besides The Drunk Samurai... Also, she's not fighting Luffy, she's fighting a team of 8 characters... She wont be like Hmmm... Im going against the boy with the hat and totally ignore That utterly big robot and that huge furry beast... Actually, the most deadly characters here are the ones who evoke the less threat... A boy with a straw hat, a normal woman, and a Swordman... Who logically shouldn't be able to touch her, but Zoro can... See my point?\

Im well aware of what she can do, but she wont given the fact she will have her back busted in half a second... She wont perceive Luffy in the first place given the fact she's fighting another 8 people who she would need to pay attention to... Got it? Luffy is too damn fast for her to avoid him, and adding bloodlusted and prep is just overkill... She wont be able to do nothing in 1 second.

Also, i saw how this is turning and i suggest you to calm down, maybe Cooldes hasn't debated like other people but you have no right to call him stupid and sort of. Don't be childish, that attitude makes you lose debates at the speed of thought. ;)

If you theory is correct then observation haki will not work. Since its suppose to be mind reading. Storm is immune to any form of telepathic infiltration. You clearly said it has to do with mind reading, if it does then observation haki will not work.

Actually yes. Plus she can sense everything in the atmosphere meaning, even if they are far away or try to sneak up on her it will not work cause she will already know they are there. thats basically the reason why her reflexes are so good. Here is a better explanation:

Being acutely attuned with the biosphere of the planet Storm can sense various changes within the atmosphere and earth, including unnatural shifts in the air, movement within the earth, changes in the earth's electromagnetic field, or if submerged in water, shifts within the water's currents. She has sensed objects as small as a snowball being tossed her way or the Blackbird cutting across the atmosphere from thousands of miles away. One can assume that because of how in tune she is with the biosphere that it gave her a "second sight" of some sorts since she can sense objects in the air making it nearly impossible to sneak up on her .

With a blink, Storm can see the physical world around her as energy, including the human body's nervous system, wouldn't that mean she can see the physical limits and possible powers of people like luffy chopper and brooke and franky who have unique physiology?

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: "She can use the very wind currents in order to improve her speed, the fastest she gone was 500 to 600 miles per hour and if you want more feats roddy has plenty provided on her speed feats, versatility: she has dodged lighting and thor's hammer throws which were considered FTL."

I understand, storm is fast. but that is travel speed. not combat speed. If you can show me that she can fight and react FTL i'll concede abd give you the auto-win. but i highly doubt she can.

lightning is not FTL. it is much slower than light. by alot.

"Storm speed is NOT faster than haki Precog."

"What does that even mean??"

Storms reaction speed < Anyone with Haki Precog.

"Dude i said this plently of times she takes the water from the air and launches it onto the strawhats. and before it spreads completely electrocute then freeze the water. Note she can freeze up to sub-zero, they ain't surviving that. plus look at the everglades the water is at least waist deep or worse in certain areas im positive it has soil down there. so how is the grass and soil gonna stop the water from coming towards the strawhats?"

the grass isn't stopping the water from reaching the strawhats, i just wanted you to know that a Flash Flood isn't activating their DF weakness.

she conjures the water, brooke runs on the water and blitzes. Did you see what luffy did to Aqua Laguna in Water 7?!?!? i'm sorry but flash flood won't take out the straw hats. Robin conjures hands to hold them up, chopper jumping points them out of the water, Hell, Usopp Uses a Pop green! i'm sorry the straw hats are just too versatile.

"He needs to breathe and move in order to do all that, and thats gonna be hard in sub-zero temperatures....."

he needs to breath the Spontaneously set fire to his legs? the strawhats have delt with cold temperatures before, that won't stop the blitz. have you seen aokiji's half of punk hazard? even usopp has held robin and luffy up out of freezing cold water. basically, cold weather won't stop the blitz and they won't stay in the water long enough for her to freeze it.

"Ummm ok im gonna counter what you said there. first once robin creates a artificial floor couldn't storm shoot robin's sprouted hands therefore forcing robin to remove them since they are linked to her? because as soon as she falls unconscious the hands will disappear, plus storm can fix the changes in weather she causes so she could just close the fissure on them. And hey let me humor this for a second.*Robin creates artificial floor**storm flash floods the crew while in fissure* Or * Storm errodes the walls of the fissure and make it impossible for robin or luffy to touch* Or *Storm slams them with high air pressure* Or * Storm causes earthquake while robin attempts to save team and in result fissure caves in*And finally OR Storm blitz them as soon as they start falling with freeze rain or hail storms. (they are useless in midair so they won't be able to retaliate that well)"

in the time it would take her to do all of that, the strawhat would blitz. I'm humoring the idea that she can create an abyss at hypersonic speeds, but as soon as robin creates a new floor, they blitz. they won't fall in because they have already gone for the blitz. The straw hat are not useless mid-air. remember geppo?

was this good? i'm not sure how i upset you before, and i understand that i Don't debate exactly like everyone else, and i'll admit that i am very childish in nature, and i'm sorry for that, but i have been trying to respond to all your points.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: ok :) i apologise too, but i wasn't calling YOU a fanboy. but still i'm sorry for any of my comments that may have upset you. i'm still semi new to the vine(less than a month) so i know i'm not the greatest debater and i'd hate to have any enemies or people hating me.

but on topic.

Each member of the straw hats are also tacticians, the Big ones being Sniper King, Nami, and Robin/Zorro. and the strawhats have sooo much versatility at their disposal. If she flash floods, Robin could hold them all up with hands, Chopper could go jumping point, Even Usopp could use a pop green, Brook could run ontop of the water and continue the blitz. The flash flooding tactic just wont save her here, the straw hats are too fast and too versatile.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Roddy010

@cooldes: It's all good bro no hard feelings. Let's just agree to disagree because we're just repeating ourselves. Also to give you a better understanding of Storm and how her powers work...

Welcome to Storm's power discussion thread. Here we will discuss the fascinating wonders of Storm's powers. We are gonna focus on the science of how her powers work as well as the feats she has accomplished with these powers. Feel free to contribute scans of feats I may have missed or couldn't find. Just be sure not to post any duplicate scans and remember that the neater the post the easier it is for others to interpret. So keep it neat. I'll get the ball rolling and start with how Storm utilizes her powers.

No Caption Provided

It is commonly misconstrued that Ororo merely just controls the weather, however this is not the case for this powerful mutant. Storm actually has the ability to perceive, sense ,and manipulate multiple forms of energy that relate to weather phenomena. These energies include Thermal, Kinetic, Electric, Electromagnetic, Radiant/Luminous, Tidal and Potential energy. All of these factor in the weather conditions of the entire universe. Her powers can be described as a weather based ergokinesis. So in short Storm is one extremely powerful energy manipulator. Given the fact that her powers adapt to different environments gives Storm much versatility in power usage. However in this blog we will be focusing on the forms of energy Storm manipulates on a daily basis with only a few exceptions.

When ever we see Storm's beautiful blue eyes change into the iconic white, we see it as an awesome attribute and a signal that she's about to open up a can of whoop arse. What most don't know is that when her eyes glow white she perceives the world as energy instead of solid matter. This gives her the ability to see things that the human eye can't including the cataracts of the human nervous system. This ability also expands her awareness of the environment around her.

Theses energies that are perceived can also be manipulated psionically by Storm. By manipulating these energies she's able to perform the awe driven feats we love. We see all of the energy that Storm manipulates doing work in our own world as a form of kinetic energy and/or potential energy. When we see the wind moving through trees, that's kinetic energy. Potential energy can be found in storms varying from thunderstorms to full fledged hurricanes. So as you can see the energies can create wondrous and devastating effects. But let's take a look at these energies in their own arrangements.

Electric Energy

No Caption Provided

Electric Energy the presence and flow of an electric charge. The energy portion of electricity is found in a variety of phenomena such as static electricity electromagnetic fields and lightning.The concept of electrical energy is defined using a variety of different terminologies such as charge, current and potential.

This is Storm's primary energy source. Since her debut Storm has shown a lot of raw power with this energy source as well as acute precision. In lightning, electric potential energy transforms into light, heat and sound energy. This is how most people register lightning bolts. Storm on the other hand can sense these electrons even before they erupt into bolts. Electrons in atoms exist in spherical shells of various radii, representing energy levels. The larger the spherical shell, the higher the energy contained in the electron. Storm can manipulate these energy levels to intensify or weaken her lightning bolts.

Electrical energy is also found in the our bodies. We have a complete human electricity system throughout the body. This system gives us the ability to move feel and even think. Due to her connection to electrical energy Storm could potentially manipulate the electrical impulses of the human nervous system. Due to the fact that our bodies are huge masses of atoms we naturally produce electricity. Storm can manipulate the electricity generated from her body to create the bio-electric bolts we see coming from her hands. She is also able to intensify or weaken these bolts as she does her lightning but on a much smaller scale. These bolts have been strong enough to affect Rogue (50 tonner), Blob (60 tonner), Adaptoid with Rd Hulk (100 tonner) Colossus (100 tonner), and even effected the savage Hulk (reviving him with her lightning, and combined with capables TP bullet shut off his brain), and has effected Silver Surfer and Stardust

Electromagnetic Energy

No Caption Provided

Also known as Electromagnetic Radiation, EM Energy is the mixture of electric fields and magnetic fields combining together causing the flow of electricity to generate multiple effects. . The electromagnetic force is second in effective strength only to the strong force and is infinite in range. Storm has a direct relationship with this source of energy. She was able to channel a large amount of EM energy into Collossus at one point and has also shown the ability to create EMPs of varying degrees. Electromagnetic radiation is classified according to the frequency of its wave. One classification would be gamma rays. Using a combination of gamma radiation and kinetic energy Storm was able to deflect solar flares from the sun. Since Electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces of the universe, Storm is able to use this source of energy to amplify her other abilities.

Kinetic Energy/Tidal Energy

No Caption Provided

The Kinetic Energy of an object is the energy which it possesses due to its motion. Wind is the kinetic energy of air in motion, which explains her direct connection to air currents. The kinetic energy of the air masses passes through each square meter of space in each second and we are able to feel the effects. With enough of this Kinetic energy Storm can create some disastrous phenomena such as tornadoes and hurricane force winds. Wind is a constant energy source for Storm and her connection to this energy source grants her the power of flight, topography as well as awareness of some sort. Using wind Storm can produce powerful wind currents and jet streams as a means of transportation. Relatively strong winds concentrated in a narrow stream in the atmosphere, Jet streams normally refer to horizontal, high altitude winds. By riding these powerful winds Storm can reach high speeds without the ill effect of jet-lag. Storm has been able to familiarize her location due to the air formation (kinetic energy) in a surrounding area. By registering the shape of the air masses, she recognizes which continent she is located on or near. Because wind is everywhere Storm can sense disruption with the natural flow of air. She can also convert kinetic energy into air pressure, or compressed air. She's been able to produce air pressure strong enough to punch holes through mountains and create a Jovian Pressure field contain a small scale nuclear explosion. She's also shown the ability to shape this energy to form a replica of her face in a tornado.

This form of energy also enables Storm (and others on some instances) to take flight. She has been able to carry an entire roster of X-men using her winds. She can also produce winds strong enough to travel at 300mph+ speeds. On two occasions Storm has shown flight capability to match jets (even during reentry), out fly Rogue, keep up with Cannonball and reach lengthy distances in such short periods of time.

Kinetic and Potential energy can be found in the waters as well to form Tidal Energy. This form of energy converts tides into other useful forms of power, especially electricity. Tidal power is the only form of energy which derives directly from the Earth's motion relationship with the moon and Sun. When Storm is underwater she is able to manipulate Tidal energy in the same fashion as she does the air. By manipulating this form of kinetic energy she's able to create potent currents to lift the black bird from deep depths. Storm has also been able to create tidal waves as well as ride the tides without the aid of a surfboard.

An alternate way for Storm to create high tides is through surges. Storm surges are produced by water being pushed toward the shore by the force of the winds. Storm was able to create a localized storm surge to destroy a house full of thugs.

Thermal/Internal Energy

Also can be seen as Internal energy (or at least a part of it), Thermal energy is a sample of matter that results in the temperature of a thermodynamic system. The Sun is a great source of Thermal Energy and we feel the effects with each changing season. Storm has manipulated Thermal Energy to rise or lower the temperature in her surrounding area. This way she can create blizzards and flash freeze her opponents. She can also use this ability to create summer time conditions in the middle of winter. Her connection to Thermal energy branches off to Internal energy since Thermal energy is apart of it. Internal energy is the total kinetic and potential energy associated with the motions and relative positions of the molecules of an object. An increase in internal energy results in a rise in temperature and vice versa. Storm was able to lower the internal temperature inside a gun -200 degrees even after it had been shot. Another instance had Storm manipulating the internal temperature of the Phalanx to the point that the organic fibers of the monster separated from it's technical fibers.

Internal energy is also found in the human body. It can be theorize that Storm could possibly manipulate the temp. within the human body the same way she does her very own. The hypothalamus, found in the brain, regulates the body's temperature (usually around (98-100 degrees F). Due to her mutant genetics, Storm's hypothalamus allows her body to regulate and compensate extreme temperature (internal and external).

Radiant/Solar Energy

Radiant Energy is the energy of EM waves and can be transmitted in the form of electromagnetic radiation. The Sun as well as other stars produce radiant energy and given the right circumstances Storm can manipulate this energy on a large scale. Outer Space contains elements of much larger quantities and potency than that on Earth which is why Storm's powers are seen as amped during her time in space. Storm was able to manipulate the radiant energy from the solar corona of the sun and convert it to Solar winds to fly in space as well as created a 12 Force Gale to destroy a sentinel backed by the FULL power of the sun. Both are impressive feats but the most ambiguous display occurred when Storm summoned the full power of an entire galactic core within herself to stop a brood transformation.

Potential Energy

No Caption Provided

This stored energy, is the ability of a system to do work due to its position or internal structure. Storms of all shapes and sizes have potential energy. This potential energy is converted the forms of energy that make up these systems. Storm abilities grant her the power to channel and even convert the potential energy of storm systems whether it's a rainstorm, blizzard or hurricane. In her very first appearance Storm was able to channel the potential energy of an entire tempest into Lorna Dane to augment her abilities. One instance where Storm unintentionally created a hyperstorm, she once again had to tap into the potential energy of the storm to prevent it from growing any further. Another instance had Storm manipulating the potential energy of Shaman's blizzard in order to muster control over the storm. She has replicated this feat many times on different scales. The largest being when she channeled the potential energy of the entire Trion dimension in order to heal it's inhabitants.

Chemical Energy

Chemical Energy is energy stored in the bonds of chemical compounds, atoms and molecules. Metabolism is connected chemical energy and is seen as one of the easiest sources of energy. The energy produced keeps us warm, maintain and repair bodies, and makes us able to move about. In Storm's case she is able to use her mutant metabolism to generate/channel electricity and other faucets of weather from her body. This form of energy also enables her to alter the state of certain elements (water/air). It can also be theorized that she is able to transmute the unstable molecules of her costume into multiple forms of fabric through chemical energy. One of the most arcane display of chemical energy occurred during Xtreme X-men where Storm created a bathing suit out of thin air. This ability isn't seen very often from Storm so it can be difficult to comprehend the full scope of this ability.

Chemical energy is stated to be the energy of life that because it is related to every single process of life on earth. From the food that we eat to the clouds forming in the sky to make rain, the process of chemical energy can be seen all around us. Plants transform solar energy into chemical energy through the process known as photosynthesis. The connection Storm has to this energy gives her awareness of living things around her especially plant life.

Each of these wonderful abilities are quite efficient in their own department. However the most fascinating display is when these energies work together in unison. Storm has shown very creative arrangements with her powers.

Connections, Immunity and Resistance by Storm Calling

Storm haves a tremendous array of branches into her powers, some of which I would like to go into detail myself

Mediums/Atmospheres

Mediums are forms of atmospheres. They are gravitational bound bodies and cohesive structures that are bound together by gravity (and sometimes by electromagnetism). Examples include the asteroids, moons, planets, stars, whole dimensions, and even on a smaller scale, bodies of water or air masses. Storm's control and connection to these energy systems most likely rely exclusively on the area of these mediums; Therefore, on Earth she can only control the Earth's energy systems and on the moon she can only control the moon's energy systems. Her communion to these energy systems allow for her to adapt to all of these different types of atmospheres when she transitions into them. For example, Storm has been able sense objects and people; as well as control ocean currents in what she describes as the "liquid atmosphere" underwater(See scans up above under the "Waves, Tides and Tsunamis" section). Considering the fact that ocean currents work in the same way as wind currents(driven by convection patterns and pressure differentials), Storm was easily able to utilize the ocean in the same way as she would on the surface with wind patterns once she adjusted to the new medium. She has been fed sustainable energy by the millions of stars and planets in the Galactic Core(an astronomical body/medium), after being exposed to it on a starship; before it had given her the strength to channel the stellar energy through herself to purge her body of a brood queen embryo. She has even manipulated space weather, such as solar flares and solar winds; and channeled the surrounding invisible energies of space into powerful lightning bolts; after discovering empty space as being a powerful medium full of energy patterns that she could control(See scans above under the "Radiant/Solar Energy" section) Mediums that Storm can manipulate relate to all of the above examples. Her powers adapt according to her medium/atmosphere, no matter how big. These mediums can make her both more powerful and vice versa, less powerful.

Subconscious/Communion

Described as a larger consciousness, her instincts, her subconscious, and the biosphere at work, Storm has a special connection to her elemental surroundings that grant her an instinctual understanding of the orders of nature and vice versa, with nature understanding her. Ororo has described this communion as the source that sustains her power and more importantly her soul. She can become "one" with this larger consciousness/Biosphere and molds the elements to her wills desire. It has been revealed that this connection works both ways. The elements can deny her control as well as act without her conscious consent. This mainly has to do with her emotional connection to her surroundings and could be perhaps what she really wants without subconsciously considering the consequences. Though this is not always the case, such as when the elements were much more violent than what she had wanted them to be on a vampire island; which forced her to completely stop using her powers altogether in fear of destroying her partner Gambit at the time of a mission(the elements were corrupt by dark magic); or when Doom's forest created a powerful paroxysm, when it used Storm to focus it's revenge against the men trying to destroy it, when she was too weakened to do so herself. This communion is always active, which allow for Ororo's powers to activate at a much quicker pace than one would suspect that they could. They can generate before a conscious thought, at an instinctual level and even instantaneously; considering the fact that the elements already do work at a subconscious level before Ororo makes a conscious thought, thanks to their communion with one another.

(see the "Biosphere and Atmosphere" and the "Potential Energy" section above for more related scans)

Immunity

None of the weather that Storm manipulates can directly harm her, as her body compensates to accommodate for the extreme and harsh conditions of the weather. The atmosphere close to her body, such as heat, air pressure, and wind sheer are also automatically/subconsciously altered for her to survive and feel no ill effects. This is due to her communion with the biosphere(as discussed above) and her ability to be aware and in sync with her environment at all times. Therefore, Storm is immune to her power manifestations and all forms of extreme weather, but can be harmed or injured if another being with elemental abilities attacks her; considering her immunity relies largely on the amount of control that she has over the elements(someone else firing at her would be in control of that part of the elemental assault unless Storm wrests control of the attack from them). Her body itself is also highly resistant to the elements and has displayed some resistance to attacks such as lightning from Thor's hammer, a fire blast from Legion, or when she has covered her body in a sheet of ice. She has also shown that she can sense, as well as redirect and counter, attacks that are out of her control before they hit her. Such as wind assaults or lightning bolts for example.

(See the second set of scans in the "Thermal/Internal Energy" section above for more related scans)

Precision/ Accuracy

Many may not know that Storm's ability to command the energy systems of an atmosphere also involve controlling the forces that pattern and factor the weather, such as heat, moisture, electricity and of course, air. This somewhat gives her the ability to channel and manipulate some of the factors of the weather directly. We have observed Ororo manipulating hydrogen atoms, electrons, and air directly. As well as alter the state of water into all of it's forms at command(from gas to liquid, liquid to ice and vice versa for example). Other examples include when was shown controlling wind with enough precision to levitate a single pebble to pick a lock, nabbed an unsuspecting Kitty Pryde from within the X-mansion and brought her several miles into the sky with her, so that they could have a private meeting. Or when she tagged the Blackbird in New York while being stationed in Wakanda at the time. She has even created a hyper-ionized patch of air inside of a digital camera to erase it's memory. This control can be applied to the human body as well, such as controlling oxygen levels in the lungs and manipulating pressure within the inner ear. She has threatened to run lightning through a persons insides(ouch), and has shown that she can drop the internal temperature of a gun -200 degrees after it had been fired and before the trigger could be pulled. Looking at this from a different perspective, this applies as well to her ability to produce effects that have not existed on Earth naturally, such as when she produced a Jovian pressure field with more pressure than is found on Jupiter to contain a small scale nuclear explosion. As long as she has the resources and strength, it can stand to reason that it would apply to many other effects. I would like to get into a bit more detail later with how this applies to her normal manifestations of her powers, such as when she produces storms or blizzards without affecting other areas, and the rules that she follows.

Lightning Force/Pressure gradients

Lightning usually only produces a shockwave as force when it strikes, but that is not all that Storm's lightning has been shown to do in the past. Looking at her powers from a general explanation, it was stated that she could manipulate both force and energy. Considering this, it is most likely the reason she has been able to apply force with her lightning, such as was the case when she blew a huge hole from the bottom of the sewers into the city streets, or when she smashed through rock and stone with it's force, created an electrical bomb explosion effect, destroyed the X-jet and other heavy metal objects, as well as have sent many of her opponents flying back with extreme force(enough to KO). They have even been used for defensive purposes as well, such as when she blocked a concussive force blast from Cyclops, detained a leaping Panther into a lightning force cage, or deflected Gambit's kinetically charged cards.

Storm also has excellent control over pressure. We have seen her instantly alter the state of pressure in a building to make it explode from the inside(she has been shown doing the same to a house). She can produce incredibly powerful barriers and fields to deflect objects and energy forces with her pressure control(Jovian pressure field shown above, as well her pressure dome, which she used to deflect falling debris and punch through a mountain top), and has shown enough precision to buffer out sound in a noisy club by creating a boundary layer over the door of a room, so that Yukio could hear her, as well as support a multistory skyscraper with this ability. Her pressure control seems to be a very underutilized ability, and has not been applied to her powers very often, aside from producing weather effects. It's power however, is unquestionable.

Willpower/Telepathic Resistance

No Caption Provided

Something that was gradually gained through Ororo's time with the X-men, Storm has one of the most powerful wills of them all and is a powerful opponent against telepathy in battle. Going into detail, I would like to make it very clear that Storm's defenses for this archetype was something that grew over time and was not always applied in every encounter. All of our walkthroughs relate to things that have happened on a consistent basis, and for the most part, Storm has three different powers that give her defense to telepathy.

The first being her willpower. This came after several encounters with Emma Frost, who had come to be one of Ororo's deadliest foes before she eventually joined the X-men. Emma defeated her twice(though both were ambushes) with her telepathic powers, but after she switched bodies with Storm, and Ororo fully comprehended the way telepathy worked, she was able to best Emma in combat. Establishing for the first time that Emma would never dominate her mind again or anyone else. Since then, Ororo's will grew even more, all the way to a point where her indomitable will was being compared to the most powerful minds on the planet. Charles Xavier himself and Magneto(whom's will is second to none). Examples include when she withstood the combine power of Professor X, Psylocke, and Oracle in Warkull, who attempted to use their powers to destroy her and the X-men; When she fought Dracula's powerful mental hold over her, due to his shared mystical vampire blood within her; As well as when she resisted Malice's possession while being powerless. Considering that notion, it makes since to apply this to her ability to wrest control of other elemental controllers, such as Hydro-man with his water form, Blitzkriegs' electricity control, Amelia Voght's mist form(her movement), Shaman's blizzard, Hurricane's wind control, Living Lightning and Stardust's electrical forms, and bested the Trion in their own element. It also applies to her ability to disperse powerful storms. Her strength of will has always been quite strong. It could have been that she simply didn't know how to apply it against telepaths until she became one herself after switching bodies with Emma Frost.

Her second defense to telepathy is the increased electrical activity in her brain, described as static. This is a passive ability that wasn't applied until her run in X-treme X-men, when her best friend Jean tried to have a taste of her ice cream during a telepathic meeting. Jean stated that she was unable to taste the ice cream because there was too much static in her brain, due to the electrical forces that she controls and that it prevented anyone from doing any deeper probes. Considering Storm wasn't trying to resist her friend, it stands to reason that this power is always active. This was also used in Worlds Apart, when The Shadow King was unable to enter her mind due to the electrical forces that she controls. This had given Storm the advantage of preventing him from discovering her plans when she made a deal with the Goddess Bast, for her to hide within Ororo's mind and consume the Shadow King when he tried to enter. It also stands to reason that Storm has somehow been able to control this ability to some degree, considering she was able to trick the Shadow King into entering her mind at the conclusion of their battle.

Her third and final defensive ability towards telepathy also involve her electrical abilities. This was also revealed in X-Treme X-men, when Xavier attempted to have a meeting with an angry Ororo in his astral form. Who's emotions were out of control, causing a powerful electrical storm. Xavier notes that Ororo's lightning was causing him pain, and that he was barely able to even maintain communication with her under normal circumstances. This was also an indirect occurrence that only recently had shown to be the case. After a battle with Bogan, who was utilizing Rachel as his slave in an astral form, Storm allowed him to enter her mind before hitting the astral form directly with lightning, destroying it. This is good indication that Storm's electrical abilities have a direct and painful affect on psionic energy and telepaths in general. She has created a lightning field to block Rachel completely as well. This can also be applied to Telekinesis, considering both run off of the same energy systems. Storm has blocked both Candra(whom she beat in a duel), after deflecting her psionic bolts with lightning and blasting her continuously until she tore through her defenses. She has also calmed and blocked Psylocke's telekinesis when she lost control for a short period.

Amplification/Large Scale Mediums/Beings/Forces

It is often misconstrued that Ororo's power levels are inconsistent when referring to her ability to contain cosmic forces and manipulate forces much more powerful than Earth's. An easy way to understand the reason she is able to do this is by looking at her galactic core feat. Before she was able to channel the core, she first realized that she was being fed power, both physically and mentally. This power influx is what allowed her to reverse the brood queen transformation and destroy it. Considering this fact, it is more of a case where the power is actually allowing for her to pull off the feat and not herself, considering her ability to control these energies are dependent upon the strength of her body and willpower(both being magnified in this case). This was first indicated in the X-men's battle against the Alpha Flight, when Storm was forced to tax her abilities to their fullest in order to quell a powerful blizzard that Shaman had inadvertently caused. Storm stated that she was forced to tap into the electrical potential energy of the Earth itself to aid her in dispersing that powerful storm. This is directly referenced in her galactic core feat, just as she's channeling the stellar energies through her body to end the wretched brood embryo, but in that case it describes that things were magnified. Knowing this, it can be applied to many of her grand scale feats, such as when she wielded the wonders of the Trion dimension and utilize the full effects of it's power. It should also be noted that while this amplification does increase Storm's willpower, it is not the source of her willpower. Powerless, she was still shown to be incredibly willful against mind control and the likes(her battle with Malice's possession is a great example of this).

Which brings me to her ability to house cosmic essences. Doctor Strange has described that Ororo has an incredibly powerful will, much so that he knew she would be alright when he placed Eternity in her consciousness, exposing her mind to the wonders of the universe itself. However, this wasn't the first time Ororo had been exposed to such awareness. When Ororo bonded with the Acanti's Prophetsinger shortly after summoning the power of the galactic core(which she also gained a large scale awareness), she gained all sorts of the awareness from the universe while she nurtured the space whale until it could fend for itself. Acanti's are said to have knowledge of the universe even before the big bang, and is passed down from each other. They were hunted by the brood for this knowledge and for a vessel for them to survive in. Considering this fact, it stands to reason that Storm had already been exposed to a large part of the universe under another large scale being, long before she housed Eternity. Considering that fact, it was childs play to host Bast in her mind to trick the Shadow King, and have him be consumed by the Panther Goddess.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By GhostRavage

@roddy010 said:

@wafflebeard: You seem to be the only reasonable debater her GhostRavage too, he/she just seems a bit zealous but I can respect the fact that you guys debated logically. Lightning is her primary weapon and all of the Straw Hats save Luffy are vulnerable to it, but it's far from her most deadly. She can easily drop the temperature in the entire area to sub-zero temps combining it with a harsh monsoon to create a blizzard Luffy has no defense against. The fact that she can localize this blizzard around Luffy's body, means he will be frozen all the way down to the bone marrow. At this point he could easily be shattered by winds/lightning since rubber substance are vulnerable to high temperatures.

@cooldes: The pretentious pot calling the kettle black. Typical. You've shown that you know absolutely nothing about Storm's powers. Because if you did you would know the answer these asinine questions...

Anyway, look how the sky looks in that picture? Is the lightning and all that coming from space? Nah, i don't think so, i think at least clouds need to be there right?

i think for her to sommon a flash flood, it'd have to be by rain right?

not going to work

or is she bringimg the water from somewhere else

If you knew about Storm then you would know she manipulates moisture on a sub-atomic level and can pull moisture from anywhere in the atmosphere. to create flash floods. She's done this numerous times.

A flash flood combined with lightning will intensify it's voltage and kill everyone save Luffy who can be flash frozen.

Also Storm>>>Enel from what I've seen.

@ghostravage: I never said I was too good for this thread if that were the case I wouldn't posted in the first place :P. I just didn't like how I was being patronized when no one gave evidence until now. Thank you btw. Speedblitz would only be helpful in a close enough range. I don't think the OP gave a starting distance. If Storm starts off in the sky or is far enough from the Straw Hats to produce a thought before they blitz, they are toast.

You're still ignoring the fact he dodge 3 beams effortlessly and even claimed how slow they were, the whole precognition works for Storm as well, the Pacifista didn't move but shoot from his mouth 3 beams... So saying Obsevation Haki only lets you know what your opponent's movement is blunt. It works like mind reading given the fact Rayleigh did it.

Only see till the point when the Observation Haki explanation ends. As you can see, Rayleigh is literally reading the next move WAY before it happens, he even tells Luffy about the move the Elephant will perform... So no... It doesn't restricts the user to only predict movements given the fact...

Those Beams came form his mouth. Which requires him making a movement (opening his mouth) the same with the Elephant. He didn't make those beams with his thoughts and they don't work the same way Storm's powers work. Those beams were shot in such a predictable way too. He stood right in front of Luffy and proceed to open his mouth. Storm could even dodge/counter that. This was a poor example.

Hody literally isn't aiming and just throwing hundreds and hundreds of water bullets and none of them hit Luffy once... Its something that tells him anything that will interact with him, hence the ability to sense beings... Enel lost to Luffy because he didn't have his Observation Haki trained, and only relied on his fruit amping the basics about it which is reading your opponents mind, given the fact Rayleigh didn't even look at the target he was avoiding.

Impressive and the best example you've presented, but once again Hody made movements in order to perform that attack. He isn't aiming but he still has to make movements in order to create the phenomena. He's not doing this at the speed of thought.

Also, Luffy did dodge instant transmission attacks with this Haki, he did it when fighting Ceasar Clown in Punk Hazard when he used the Gasset move, which instantly makes the target explode, which Luffy dodge 3 times to be precise in the entire Story Arc. So yeah, i can see Luffy busting Storm's body apart in 1 second given the fact...

Once again movement not thought. He has to make a series of movements in order for the phenomena to take place.

Luffy literally disappears from Hody Jones in front of his eyes and proceeds to bust him ridiculously fast without him even noticing it... Its going to be even worst for Storm given the fact they start visible, the Straw Hats have prep and are bloodlusted...\

Impressive but this only proves that within a close enough range Luffy could blitz. A point I already agreed.

So Luffy has never detected thoughts with his Haki which means he won't be able to anticipate any of Storm's attacks.Even so how will he avoid this?

No Caption Provided

• First off, the good thing about being made out of rubber is the range you can achieve while fighting, Luffy has proven this multiple times. Nonetheless, Luffy has literally reappeared behind his foes with speed alone... He has insane range to hit his foes with his hits...
Loading Video...

As you can see, Luffy is literally hitting him while being 50 meters+ above, not to mention this is Pre Time Skip Luffy, and the first time he used Gear Second.

• The Beams were not predictable given the fact Pacifistas are famous for how insanely accurate they are... They are droids and their accuracy is controlled and calculated by computers... Its most likely to be 99.99% accurate most of times, yet Luffy with precognition is in that 0.01% of people who can dodge that... Its not a poor example at all.
  • The only movement Ceasar did was moving his hand, that doesn't take out the instant transmission attack Gastanett represents. Yet still Luffy managed to dodged it 3 times in the entire story arc... Its not a movement attack at all.
Loading Video...

As you can see, Luffy literally dodged an instant transmission attack which created a massive explosion. Nuff said.

• He indeed has detected people with Haki, Observation Haki lets you sense beings at great scale, proven by Enel who could hear people thoughts and Luffy in the war in Mermaid Island, which he felt every single person who was in the Plaza. He can even sense when people is strong, as proven in Dressrosa when he felt a blind man was an Admiral. He can anticipate attacks the same way he anticipated the Pacifistas beams and the water bullets. I don't know why you say it wont work when it literally works like that...
  • True, he wont avoid that attack, but he wont need to, because Storm would be already dead by the time she wanted to think about that attack, not that it would happen given the fact that if she's bloodlusted, i can see her using her nuking capabilities with lightening.
  • Also, we're focusing on Luffy when she's fighting 7 other characters... I mean, how she will do when she has 2 arms growing from nowhere in her back and someone already behind her launching a building leveling attack... Its bloodlusted but that doesn't mean she will totally ignore everything and go for the kill... Not like Luffy, who in-character, when pissed off, only wants to stomp on people.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By DeathHero61  Online

O.O Damn roddy and GhostRavage basically make the rest of us look irrelevant with their high scale debate....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I'm still not seeing any indication that Luffy or the Straw Hats can anticipate Storm's power activation. Each of those examples you have given required movement for the phenomena to be performed, not one was an example of speed of thought or thought activation. Luffy's stretching range is decent but not far or fast enough to stand against Storm's temperature extremes. Again I ask how is Luffy going to stand against sub-zero temperatures freezing him down to his molecules?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@ghostravage: I'm still not seeing any indication that Luffy or the Straw Hats can anticipate Storm's power activation.Each of those examples you have given required movement for the phenomena to be performed, not one was an example of speed of thought or thought activation.Luffy's stretching range is decent but not far or fast enough to stand against Storm's temperature extremes. Again I ask how is Luffy going to stand against sub-zero temperatures freezing him down to his molecules?

• The open your eyes, because there are already 3 videos that explain how Luffy knows what's going to happen before it does. The fact that it hasn't presented someone who only thinks about his powers for them to be perform is just because the plot doesn't inquire it. Nonetheless, he did avoided an instant transmission attack which is activated as soon as the 2 sides of the clam touch, which can be considered even faster than the speed of thought, given the fact... its instant transmission...
  • That's just 1 instance... He did the same with Arlong in Arlong Park where he was 30+ meters above a 50-60+ building... He has multiple instance on how far his range is... Nonetheless, he doesn't need to punch that far, he will just intercept her as soon as the battle begins. I was just delivering the fact he indeed has enough range of attack...
  • And again i'll tell you... He wont avoid that attack, but he wont need to do so in the first place... Because nothing you've showed suggests she will be fast enough to counter 2 ways of instant KO. Which are Robin snapping her neck and Luffy busting her.
  • Im not arguing about how Storm will beat them, im arguing about Storm being able to do so before they kill her. I think everybody here knows Storm can handle all of them quite easily if enough time is given to her, however, its not a time she has in this case.
CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By CheeseSticks

Omg, stop overrating Storm guys. Team stomps

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Blacharrt1
No Caption Provided

@cheesesticks: why don't you read the original post, because it's clear you didn't. It says the strongest iteration of Storm. which is much stronger than the base storm that people are still debating here. I have already pointed out the strongest iterations of her, and the majority of the fights are still in storm's favor, the only version of storm that they (strawhats) would even have a chance of fighting (winning against) at the strongest iteration is Asgardian God storm with Stormcaster.

No Caption Provided

I also forgot Bloodstorm

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should've gone with Whitebeard vs Storm.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By DeathHero61  Online

@vintage_spiderman: That would have been a bad match up in so many ways, and it would be a spite thread in storm's favor.....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1: Honestly Storm at normal levels bloodlusted would be too much for the Straw Hats.

@ghostravage:

The open your eyes, because there are already 3 videos that explain how Luffy knows what's going to happen before it does. The fact that it hasn't presented someone who only thinks about his powers for them to be perform is just because the plot doesn't inquire it. Nonetheless, he did avoided an instant transmission attack which is activated as soon as the 2 sides of the clam touch, which can be considered even faster than the speed of thought, given the fact... its instant transmission...

My eyes are wide open and I've watched/analyze each of those videos (some I've already seen before) and none of them show Luffy facing opponents whose powers work in the same fashion as Storm does. Each of them require movement in order to perform attacks much like the benders in ATLA and LOK. And I'm sorry that instant transmission took time to be performed. I can accept Luffy dodging it but it wasn't performed at the speed of thought. Let me give you an example of what this term means.

Has anyone in One Piece do something like this?

There's no movement taking place just thought and Storm's powers work in exactly the same fashion as Jean Grey.

That's just 1 instance... He did the same with Arlong in Arlong Park where he was 30+ meters above a 50-60+ building... He has multiple instance on how far his range is... Nonetheless, he doesn't need to punch that far, he will just intercept her as soon as the battle begins. I was just delivering the fact he indeed has enough range of attack...

Storm's powers span much further than 80-90 meters. In the scan I posted The N'Gairi (a novice in the use of Storm's powers) flash froze an entire ridge of a forest in Hong Kong on a whim. A ridge spans much further than 80-90 meters.

And again i'll tell you... He wont avoid that attack, but he wont need to do so in the first place... Because nothing you've showed suggests she will be fast enough to counter 2 ways of instant KO. Which are Robin snapping her neck and Luffy busting her.

The very fact that she can activate her powers faster than anyone in The Straw Hats is enough evidence that she can avoid their attacks. Everyone on the Straw Hats team is vulnerable to her powers and have no way to avoid them. Luffy may be able to tanks a lightning strike but he won't stand against her flash freeze.

Im not arguing about how Storm will beat them, im arguing about Storm being able to do so before they kill her. I think everybody here knows Storm can handle all of them quite easily if enough time is given to her, however, its not a time she has in this case.

See Above ^^^^^

How is anyone overrating Storm? I've given evidence to back my claims. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean I'm overrating her.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By GhostRavage

@roddy010 said:

@blacharrt1: Honestly Storm at normal levels bloodlusted would be too much for the Straw Hats.

@ghostravage:

The open your eyes, because there are already 3 videos that explain how Luffy knows what's going to happen before it does. The fact that it hasn't presented someone who only thinks about his powers for them to be perform is just because the plot doesn't inquire it. Nonetheless, he did avoided an instant transmission attack which is activated as soon as the 2 sides of the clam touch, which can be considered even faster than the speed of thought, given the fact... its instant transmission...

My eyes are wide open and I've watched/analyze each of those videos (some I've already seen before) and none of them show Luffy facing opponents whose powers work in the same fashion as Storm does.Each of them require movement in order to perform attacks much like the benders in ATLA and LOK.And I'm sorry that instant transmission took time to be performed.I can accept Luffy dodging it but it wasn't performed at the speed of thought. Let me give you an example of what this term means.

There's no movement taking place just thought and Storm's powers work in exactly the same fashion as Jean Grey.

That's just 1 instance... He did the same with Arlong in Arlong Park where he was 30+ meters above a 50-60+ building... He has multiple instance on how far his range is... Nonetheless, he doesn't need to punch that far, he will just intercept her as soon as the battle begins. I was just delivering the fact he indeed has enough range of attack...

Storm's powers span much further than 80-90 meters. In the scan I posted The N'Gairi (a novice in the use of Storm's powers) flash froze an entire ridge of a forest in Hong Kong on a whim. A ridge spans much further than 80-90 meters.

And again i'll tell you... He wont avoid that attack, but he wont need to do so in the first place... Because nothing you've showed suggests she will be fast enough to counter 2 ways of instant KO. Which are Robin snapping her neck and Luffy busting her.

The very fact that she can activate her powers faster than anyone in The Straw Hats is enough evidence that she can avoid their attacks. Everyone on the Straw Hats team is vulnerable to her powers and have no way to avoid them. Luffy may be able to tanks a lightning strike but he won't stand against her flash freeze.

Im not arguing about how Storm will beat them, im arguing about Storm being able to do so before they kill her. I think everybody here knows Storm can handle all of them quite easily if enough time is given to her, however, its not a time she has in this case.

See Above ^^^^^

@cheesesticks said:

How is anyone overrating Storm? I've given evidence to back my claims. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean I'm overrating her.

• I already delivered this to you. Why going in circles on something like this?
  • Same... as above, nonetheless, the only movement he did for the sake of plot was moving his hand. Nothing like ATLA and LOK... I mean... Nothing similar at all...
  • It's still instant transmission... WAY faster than the speed of thought.
  • Luffy dodging an attack that clearly goes WAY faster than the speed of thought strengthen the point of him being able to move fast enough and bust her.
  • Are you really comparing Storm's range with Luffy's? Isn't it obvious Storm's range is WAY wider than Luffy's? I consider that comparison moot and nothing relevant to this argumentation. Luffy would be able to tag her, he doesn't need to punch her over 90+ meters from afar.
  • You haven't prove she can activate her powers faster than Luffy's can move, which i proceeded to counter with Luffy's movement faster than instant transmission, and totally absence of perception by his foes when going Gear Second.
  • For the third time, possibly none of them would survive an attack of that magnitude (A case for Franky could be made), but they wont need to given the fact she wont be able to do so in the first place.
  • Im sensing i will be repeating myself over and over if this keeps going like this.
  • She's not fighting only 1 person, she's fighting another 7. Please if you may, show me scans of her fighting multiple foes in which 3 are able to bust her in 1 second.
CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@cheesesticks said:

Whatever you said she would do won't work because the team will kill her before. It's called speed.

It's not because you think you are right that you're not overrating Storm. It's called fanboyism. You can overrated a character without knowing it. Look at Hulk fanboy.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By DeathHero61  Online
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm gets a massive beatdown, she's outmatched and severly outclassed here

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: Speed won't be the deciding factor though......

It definitely will be

but so will Strength,, versatility, numbers advantage, and reaction timing.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 DeathHero61  Online

@roddy010 said:

@ghostravage: I'm still not seeing any indication that Luffy or the Straw Hats can anticipate Storm's power activation.Each of those examples you have given required movement for the phenomena to be performed, not one was an example of speed of thought or thought activation.Luffy's stretching range is decent but not far or fast enough to stand against Storm's temperature extremes. Again I ask how is Luffy going to stand against sub-zero temperatures freezing him down to his molecules?

• The open your eyes, because there are already 3 videos that explain how Luffy knows what's going to happen before it does. The fact that it hasn't presented someone who only thinks about his powers for them to be perform is just because the plot doesn't inquire it. Nonetheless, he did avoided an instant transmission attack which is activated as soon as the 2 sides of the clam touch, which can be considered even faster than the speed of thought, given the fact... its instant transmission...
  • That's just 1 instance... He did the same with Arlong in Arlong Park where he was 30+ meters above a 50-60+ building... He has multiple instance on how far his range is... Nonetheless, he doesn't need to punch that far, he will just intercept her as soon as the battle begins. I was just delivering the fact he indeed has enough range of attack...
  • And again i'll tell you... He wont avoid that attack, but he wont need to do so in the first place... Because nothing you've showed suggests she will be fast enough to counter 2 ways of instant KO. Which are Robin snapping her neck and Luffy busting her.
  • Im not arguing about how Storm will beat them, im arguing about Storm being able to do so before they kill her. I think everybody here knows Storm can handle all of them quite easily if enough time is given to her, however, its not a time she has in this case.

1.Like i said before your theory is that luffy can read minds, storm is immune to mind reading.

2.She still has reflexes that will allow her to dodge his attacks, she dodged faster attacks than luffy's punches. And whats stopping her from increasing the air pressure in order to protect her self?

3.Robin has a weakness. If her hands that she sprouts get harmed in anyway, robin will feel that pain as well since the arms are linked to her. So storm could just increase her body temperature to 900 and just burn off her hands. Like i said before she is well attuned with the atmosphere she will know where luffy is before he fully gets to her. She will react. And if she launched that attack its over. Plus gear second is in short burst, if he misses within close range, he is fucked without a doubt, since storm can easily control wind to her liking. whats stopping her from A:launching luffy with her wind, B:Ripping him to shreds with her wind C: Take away his oxygen with her wind or freeze his lungs.

4. Allot of the scans shown show that she has good reaction time, and shows that she can activate her powers quickly. and shows that she is ridiculously precise. i doubt she will have too much trouble.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By DeathHero61  Online

@cooldes said:

@deathhero61 said:

@cheesesticks: Speed won't be the deciding factor though......

It definitely will be

but so will Strength,, versatility, numbers advantage, and reaction timing.

Her link with the atmosphere allows her to sense everything around her. Her reaction time is equal if not better(note if lasers classify as light speed then storm can dodge that also since cyclops shoots lasers all the time out of his eyes.) In strength, she can increase her strength and durability by increasing the air pressure, she was able to wipe a mountain clean off, by creating a high field of air pressure that was equal to one you can only find on Jupiter.(she can increase the air pressure over a certain radius if i recall correctly) Robin cannot do anything since she can increase her body temperature to over 900 degrees.(she can shoot energy blasts of heat and radiation so one hit with this and the entire team except luffy are dead.) she can create blizzards up to sub zero temperatures after dodging their attacks, hell there is so much she can do with her powers in general, numbers is not even a big deal considering she once easily took down two sentinels who i'm positive is more powerful pacifistas. She can instantly create hurricanes and flash floods(straw hats are susceptible to all forms of water, plus she can manipulate it to a sub-atomic level.) she can create fissures to destroy their footing or take away their oxygen if they come in close quarters.(if caesar easily did it, im sure someone who has a planetary range and better control can do so just as well.) Hell we are talking base storm right now, we did not even get into rouge storm.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Blacharrt1
@cooldes said:

@blacharrt1 said:

@cheesesticks said:

@blacharrt1: Team still stomps

whatever troll.

I don't think he's trolling

It's one of two things, either he's trolling, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. You and Roddy have been debating storm at her base. Not Storm at her strongest what so ever. At her Base and not holding back the Strawhats would have a tough time with her. Any of the storms i listed before have amped physical stats which would make it almost impossible for any of the Strawhats to KO her. Asgardian Storm, has Asgardian god stats, and was at the same powers and strength level as thor. Bloodstorm, has her elemental powers and the powers and speed of a vampire. that's preternatural strength, speed, durability, and agility. Not to mention her vampiric powers like being able to turn to mist, summon, transform and control animals. This is not taking into account Rogue Storm, She is really just a bloodlust regular storm who could not be stopped by the x-men or dr. Doom. Strawhats couldn't even touch her much unless she was allowing it. Trion Storm fought three gods of their own dimension and used their powers to mend the entire dimension, she would stomp the strawhats with this power with little to no effort.

Luffy is not known for prep of anykind, he charges head on, and what he usually does is get his butt kicked for abit, then comes up with a battle plan as he is fighting. That would not happen here. Especially with a physically enhanced storm who could tank his blows, or BFR majority of the Strawhats with little to no effort at all. After Xtreme x-men and even before Xtreme x-men Storm has shown willingness to kill (Callisto, Marrow), but after Xtreme x-men storm was given a savage side, and Killed Cyclops with little hesitation since the situation called for it in worlds apart. So in character Storm will kill the Strawhats if she felt it necessary.

So given all of that, you either need a good argument for combating these versions of storm, or you're trolling.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

@roddy010 said:

1.Like i said before your theory is that luffy can read minds, storm is immune to mind reading.

2.She still has reflexes that will allow her to dodge his attacks, she dodged faster attacks than luffy's punches.And whats stopping her from increasing the air pressure in order to protect her self?

3.Robin has a weakness. If her hands that she sprouts get harmed in anyway, robin will feel that pain as well since the arms are linked to her.So storm could just increase her body temperature to 900 and just burn off her hands. Like i said before she is well attuned with the atmosphere she will know where luffy is before he fully gets to her. She will react. And if she launched that attack its over.Plus gear second is in short burst, if he misses within close range, he is fucked without a doubt, since storm can easily control wind to her liking. whats stopping her from A:launching luffy with her wind, B:Ripping him to shreds with her wind C: Take away his oxygen with her wind or freeze his lungs.

4. Allot of the scans shown show that she has good reaction time, and shows that she can activate her powers quickly. and shows that she is ridiculously precise. i doubt she will have too much trouble.

• First of... What theory... Its easy to know how it works... There's a video already uploaded explaining how it works. Its NOTHING like TP as i already stated, is the ability to sense beings. He senses, he interacts with them indirectly... Nothing like mind reading nor TP assault.
  • Show me those scans of her dodging multiple attacks simultaneously... I'll be waiting... Don't show me a guy standing still and throwing some stuff at her for her to easily dodge/block. Show me her avoiding multiple attacks from near and afar... Also, what's stopping her from doing that is that she will be KO'd/dead by the moment she wants to do it.
  • Yeah... So what? So you're saying Storm will increase his body temperature out of the blue because meh, i just want to be as hot as i want... Moot point... And pretty much unlikely to happen.
  • True, if she does anything, it would probably be over for the Strawhats...
  • Haha... Luffy is not missing... Im 100% sure, nonetheless, if miraculously he misses, he still can do the same over and over at the same speed, ultimately busting her or giving enough time to Robin to snap her neck... Im have this feeling you're imagine this scenario 1v1 rather than 1v8... HUGE difference...
  • Yep, she can do all that... But not if she's KO'd or has her neck snapped... For the fifth time... I know what she can do... PROVE she can do it before having her back busted or her neck snapped.
  • Yeah... Same happens to me, i've seen what its posted here, and nothing tells me she will activate her powers before Luffy busts her., and/or Robin snaps her neck...
  • I wonder what will storm do if Robin is inside the General and uses her neck snapping technique on Storm... I mean... Easy peasy.... enough time to survive and stomp. Again, 12/10 Straw Hats take this.
Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Cooldes

@blacharrt1: if you can show me, that any of these amped storms have combat/reaction speeds at or above luffy level, then would could start a debate.

i'd hate to start going in circles like most of the arguments in this thread have.

until then, Luffy blitzes because she won't know he's made of rubber and won't even have time to do anything anyway before he slaughters.

Brook blitzes because even if she does try her flood tactic, even though she would have no way to know about DF weaknesses, brook is fast enough to run on water.

Chopper blitzes, w/jumping point, or any other combination of points he feels he needs to use(it depends on what tactic storm tries)

Sanji(morals off) hells memories after skywalking Uber Blitz.

Franky can prob tank storms initial attacks and WILL retaliate thusly

Robin with the easy neck snap, because again, storm won't know it's coming, because she has no info on strawhats powers

Sniperking could potentially solo, we haven't seen all of his pop greens yet, but he still has some dastardly tricks up his sleeve

nami i'll say is the onlg non factor because i don't want to get into weather vs weather debate.

now with ALL of these people that could solo, all coming at her, at once, it's safe to say that he WAS NOT trolling.

HtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes to this:

@cooldes said:

Luffy blitzes because she won't know he's made of rubber and won't even have time to do anything anyway before he slaughters.

Brook blitzes because even if she does try her flood tactic, even though she would have no way to know about DF weaknesses, brook is fast enough to run on water.

Robin with the easy neck snap, because again, storm won't know it's coming, because she has no info on strawhats powers

nami i'll say is the onlg non factor because i don't want to get into weather vs weather debate.

maybe to this (but I doubt it):

@cooldes said:

no to this:

@cooldes said:

Chopper blitzes, w/jumping point, or any other combination of points he feels he needs to use(it depends on what tactic storm tries)

Sniperking could potentially solo, we haven't seen all of his pop greens yet, but he still has some dastardly tricks up his sleeve

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Cooldes

@htg: Even IF only those 3 can solo, Storm is still going to get expunged. She can't handle 3 attacks that could solo at once, and All the other strawhats sending potential finishing attacks at her all at once.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this still going on? Strawhats destroy her

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By russellmania77

strawhats win

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Yo i like your very friendly attitude. But no, i don't think the team can beat some of the uber powerful versions of Storm. Still i think what the OP meant was Storm at her best showings, if he meant Trion Storm then that's just dumb. Storm at her best gets stomped, no way around the fact.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Cooldes

@soothing_sounds: ...Thanks :D (first compliment on the vine)

i don't know much about uber versions of storm, but i agree that the straw hats are too versatile for Normal storm to handle.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@blacharrt1: if you can show me, that any of these amped storms have combat/reaction speeds at or above luffy level, then would could start a debate.

i'd hate to start going in circles like most of the arguments in this thread have.

until then, Luffy blitzes because she won't know he's made of rubber and won't even have time to do anything anyway before he slaughters.

now with ALL of these people that could solo, all coming at her, at once, it's safe to say that he WAS NOT trolling.

No Caption Provided

None of what you said above address anything i have said about the more powerful versions of Storm. Bloodstorm literally turns to mist if someone tries to hit her, that negates a speedblitz. The other things are easily countered by Storm any version of her because she can see changes in wind currents and patterns, which would be apparent if someone was moving through them. Since she has atmospheric awareness she would know someone was moving towards her and could strike them down with lighting. There are several scans floating around showing her using this ability for environmental and situational awareness. And nothing you said so far also deals with the Asgardian version of storm, whom has Asgardian armor, and Asgardian durability, and Strength. It would take a lot for a normal superhuman to subdue an Asgardian much less one that was equal to Thor in powerset.

Note Bloodstorm also has hypnotic powers as well. As i said before you seem to be debating storm at her base showings and not at her most powerful which is what the OP stated.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Cooldes

@blacharrt1: LOL... not to be mean or anything but you do realize that the strawhats Fight and Defeat enemies can do that unconsciously right?

secondly, tou MUST chooses which storm you are using. just because the OP isn't very specific wth the version of storm it wants, that doesn't mean you can use them ALL.

Haki is spiritual awareness of all things around you + precog. i think that's &gt; sensing wind currents.

as for bloodstorm having hypnotic abilities, is that the storm you're going to be using? she will be blitzed before she can hypnotize, and she gets one, the others will blitz.