This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins in a fight between the former Queen of Wakanda and the Princess of Tamaran?

Storm

vs.

Starfire

The fight takes place here:

-This is a mix of pre-& post-DCnU reboot Starfire so feats of both versions count.

Will Storm's mutant powers grant her the victory? Or will Starfire's solar powered starbolts allow her to defeat her foe?

#2 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has a ton of raw power and her abilities are more versatile; however Starfire also has a lot of raw power in her own right, and she is also physically stronger and more durable than Storm. She can also survive various temperature extremes.

I'm not sure which of the two is faster though.

#3 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire is too strong/powerful. She wins.

#4 Posted by BlackWind (4013 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Starfire? Not sure if this one has FTL flight speed.

#5 Posted by dondave (26606 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind:Does Storm?

#6 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

SF smashes if she gets angry then it is no contest

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

Starefire

#8 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Storm doesn't, but I don't think any version of Starfire was that fast.

How does Storm's more versatile arsenal (lightning, wind, etc) match-up to Starfire's starbolts? I'm almost positive that Storm's command over lightning can at least match Starfire's starbolts, but Starfire's durability will allow her to take a lot of punishment.

#9 Posted by imperiex96 (90 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by BlackWind (4013 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Starfire fly unaided across the galaxy in a few weeks pre reboot?

#11 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm takes the majority and I'm willing to debate whoever thinks otherwise.

@nj06: Storm deosn't have FTL reflexes but she does have the relexes to contend with Starfire. A heavy dose of lightning should be enough to end this fight.

#12 Posted by Joygirl (15330 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire should win pretty simply.

#13 Posted by Pyrogram (32226 posts) - - Show Bio

Awaits Storm fangirls xD

#14 Posted by imperiex96 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: this

#15 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Starfire should win pretty simply.

#16 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Care to explain why? Both are tough opponents/fighters so its interesting to read the reasons behind people's choices.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (15330 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06:

1. Kory should be able to tank a few lightning hits. Storm should be able to tank approximately 0% of what Star does.

2. Kory is faster. Storm's reaction feats are all... honestly silly, since speed is not a power of hers.

3. Also, since they are in-character (morals on) Storm will likely call up some wind or whatever, whereas Kory will just fly in at Mach 5 and rip Storm in half.

#18 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire. I'm suprized their is no Storm fanboys/girls posts yet.

#19 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@nj06:

1. Kory should be able to tank a few lightning hits. Storm should be able to tank approximately 0% of what Star does.

2. Kory is faster. Storm's reaction feats are all... honestly silly, since speed is not a power of hers.

3. Also, since they are in-character (morals on) Storm will likely call up some wind or whatever, whereas Kory will just fly in at Mach 5 and rip Storm in half.

1. Storm has hurt people with 100 tonner durabilty before (including Savage Hulk) She also has defenses to Kory's output.

2. Kory's reaction time is not faster than Storm's. Storm does have a slight advantage though being that her powers work as fast as she thinks.

3. Those winds could very well rip Kory from the sky. Storm can generate wind gust that ripped sentinels like paper and has countered concussive forces/energy. And when has New 52 Kory been comfirmed to have mach 5 speed (which doesn't matter anyway because she won't close this distance before being nailed with a lightning bolt) Storm was able to nail the X-jet (which moves at about Mach 5) from miles away..

#20 Posted by Joygirl (15330 posts) - - Show Bio

@JackKnight: Happy now?

#21 Edited by imperiex96 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i'm sure star can handle some lightning, the fact she can survive in space or anyone who can survive in space is an understated feat. a normal person would explode. Starfire also has the power and ability to unleash all her stored energy into a pseudo nova blast. It was suggested to be as hot as the sun itself and so only uses this in dire situations.

#22 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@imperiex96 said:

yeah i'm sure star can handle some lightning, the fact she can survive in space or anyone who can survive in space is an understated feat. a normal person would explode. Starfire also has the power and ability to unleash all her stored energy into a pseudo nova blast. It was suggested to be as hot as the sun itself and so only uses this in dire situations.

This really doesn't say much. Storm was able to survive in space for 30 sec while humans can only survive for 15 sec. Storm also possess power output that could do major damage to the whole battlefield. In a dire situation she could create burst of energy that rival that of the sun too.

#23 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@imperiex96: That nova blast of Starfire's is quite powerful but it leaves her really weakened. She can aim/direct the attack so if she can hit Storm with it then she can win. I don't know if Storm can black something with that much power.

However Storm can still evade or just attack Starfire while she is building up. And Storm can muster up some powerful attacks as well. It really comes down to who manages to get a good hit in first.

#24 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06 said:

@imperiex96: That nova blast of Starfire's is quite powerful but it leaves her really weakened. She can aim/direct the attack so if she can hit Storm with it then she can win. I don't know if Storm can black something with that much power.

However Storm can still evade or just attack Starfire while she is building up. And Storm can muster up some powerful attacks as well. It really comes down to who manages to get a good hit in first.

Agreed with this. I belive Storm can land a hit first since she can execute her powers at the speed of thought.

#25 Posted by imperiex96 (90 posts) - - Show Bio
Roddy010 said:
3. Those winds could very well rip Kory from the sky. Storm can generate wind gust that ripped sentinels like paper and has countered concussive forces/energy.

Starfire weighs 71kg and moves at mach 5 which is 6191km/h

so Starfire going max speed would have a momentum of 439561 kg.m/s (because 71 * 6191= 439561)

in order to blow her out of the sky you would need at least 1846 cu.ft of air traveling at mach five to stop her.

More than enough to decimate a city New York size.

I don't see Storm Doing that much collateral damage for a fight like this.

#26 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire wins.

#27 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@imperiex96 said:

Roddy010 said:
3. Those winds could very well rip Kory from the sky. Storm can generate wind gust that ripped sentinels like paper and has countered concussive forces/energy.

Starfire weighs 71kg and moves at mach 5 which is 6191km/h

so Starfire going max speed would have a momentum of 439561 kg.m/s (because 71 * 6191= 439561)

in order to blow her out of the sky you would need at least 1846 cu.ft of air traveling at mach five to stop her.

More than enough to decimate a city New York size.

I don't see Storm Doing that much collateral damage for a fight like this.

Storm has nailed the Blackbird (which moves at 3,234 mph / 5,175 kph) with a lightning bolt so her stoping her with enought distance between the two is plausible. How often does Kory speedblitz? Irrc this isn't a tactic she uses often. She's also been able to batter starships in the atmosphere so I can definitely see her creating winds strong enought to knock Kory out the sky. Also Storm doesn't need to do a lot of collateral damage. One intense lightning bolt should stop kory. How many Watts of energy has Kory tanked?

#28 Edited by Dextersinister (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Was that when she was in the Black Bird and she told Domino to turn everything off and it's a big target?

#29 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: No she was in Wakanda.

#30 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

That's just petty.

#31 Edited by Dextersinister (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

To be fair most people could hit a jet with a handgun if it was coming at them given the set-up, this would be like trying to hit the jet if it was suddenly barreling toward's you from 30 feet away not 1000's not to mention it's know the size of a human and not a mansion.

#32 Posted by Joygirl (15330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Joygirl said:

That's just petty.

Not petty. He asked for Storm fans, and there one was. *shrug*

#33 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@Roddy010 said:

To be fair most people could hit a jet with a handgun if it was coming at them given the set-up, this would be like trying to hit the jet if it was suddenly barreling toward's you from 30 feet away not 1000's.

Agreed which is why in my post I said with enough distance between the two Storm should be able to tag Star with a bolt. The point in that instance is show Storm's precision and connection to the air around her. If she could feel the X-jet cutting through the atmosphere (and being able to hit it) from thousand of miles away, she should be able to sense and pin point Kory (who rarely speed blitz anyway) moving a few 100 feet.

#34 Posted by dondave (26606 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010:

http://s967.beta.photobucket.com/user/dpVolacdp/media/NewTeenTitans32p21.jpg.html

#35 Posted by dngn4774 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire wins this.

Even if Storm gets the first shot, Kori's too durable and can attack just as viciously at long range as she can a short range. Whatever Storm starts, Starfire can easily finish.

#36 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Roddy010:

http://s967.beta.photobucket.com/user/dpVolacdp/media/NewTeenTitans32p21.jpg.html

Nice scan but that doesn't prove Starfire could tank lightning that Storm executes comnined with her winds. Lightning has no feats that suggest he could hurt 100 tonners like Storm has.

#37 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sta..er..I mean..Batman..Batman stomps..

Any other response would cost my own life..

#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (8973 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks and yes these dupes are getting out of hand lol