• 192 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
Starfire




























vs

Storm




































Who wins and why.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm..smarter,more powerful,more experienced.

Moderator
#3 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
Storm should win this fight
#4 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30176 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire = fried via hail of lightning bolts

Storm = winner

#5 Posted by Crimson Dominion (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire.

She can take a lightning bolt without being koed.  Storm can't say the same when it comes to Starbolts.

As for being more experienced, I'd argue that Starfire is a much more experienced fighter.  She was trained as a warrior as a child while Storm was only a thief.  Starfire has bested amazons in jousting and hand to hand combat.  She isn't the strategist Storm is but she's a much better warrior.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire...she's out of this world

Moderator
#8 Posted by Glorious (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

i love starfire but storm is more powerful than her so i gotta give it to storm

#9 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire wins but not easily. Nice pics by the way.

#10 Posted by MAJESTY (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#11 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Starfire.

She can take a lightning bolt without being koed.  Storm can't say the same when it comes to Starbolts.

As for being more experienced, I'd argue that Starfire is a much more experienced fighter.  She was trained as a warrior as a child while Storm was only a thief.  Starfire has bested amazons in jousting and hand to hand combat.  She isn't the strategist Storm is but she's a much better warrior.
"
1.Lightining isn't all Storm has to offer...but either way her lighting made Silver Surfer drop to his knees..so i'm sure she would knock Star out.
2.Storm could create a Storm so massive...Starfire would have to BFR herself.
3.Star may be a more experienced fighter but not a more experienced hero...and her fighting skill isn't going to help much if she can't get her hands on Storm.
Moderator
#13 Posted by leader 2099 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

i think starfire win  more stronger more durable than storm

#14 Posted by Wildstar (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

storm wins this

#15 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"Starfire.

She can take a lightning bolt without being koed.  Storm can't say the same when it comes to Starbolts.

As for being more experienced, I'd argue that Starfire is a much more experienced fighter.  She was trained as a warrior as a child while Storm was only a thief.  Starfire has bested amazons in jousting and hand to hand combat.  She isn't the strategist Storm is but she's a much better warrior.
"
1.Lightining isn't all Storm has to offer...but either way her lighting made Silver Surfer drop to his knees..so i'm sure she would knock Star out.
2.Storm could create a Storm so massive...Starfire would have to BFR herself.
3.Star may be a more experienced fighter but not a more experienced hero...and her fighting skill isn't going to help much if she can't get her hands on Storm.
"
1) Lightning hurting the Surfer at all is a bunch of bull and you know it.
2) Wind doesn't effect Starbolts and Storm can't create a tornado instantly.  She'll go down long before she can create anything that bfr's Starfire.  One shot.  That's all it will take.
3) That doesn't even make sense.  Starfire appeared 5 years later but has well over 5 years of earlier combat experience fighting aliens and things.  This isn't a "who is a better hero" competition.  It's a fight.  Fighting experience is what is going to win the day and Starfire has more of that than Storm.  Her hand to hand skill might not help, but the rest of her experience will.
#16 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"Starfire.

She can take a lightning bolt without being koed.  Storm can't say the same when it comes to Starbolts.

As for being more experienced, I'd argue that Starfire is a much more experienced fighter.  She was trained as a warrior as a child while Storm was only a thief.  Starfire has bested amazons in jousting and hand to hand combat.  She isn't the strategist Storm is but she's a much better warrior.
"
1.Lightining isn't all Storm has to offer...but either way her lighting made Silver Surfer drop to his knees..so i'm sure she would knock Star out.
2.Storm could create a Storm so massive...Starfire would have to BFR herself.
3.Star may be a more experienced fighter but not a more experienced hero...and her fighting skill isn't going to help much if she can't get her hands on Storm.
"
1) Lightning hurting the Surfer at all is a bunch of bull and you know it.
2) Wind doesn't effect Starbolts and Storm can't create a tornado instantly.  She'll go down long before she can create anything that bfr's Starfire.  One shot.  That's all it will take.
3) That doesn't even make sense.  Starfire appeared 5 years later but has well over 5 years of earlier combat experience fighting aliens and things.  This isn't a "who is a better hero" competition.  It's a fight.  Fighting experience is what is going to win the day and Starfire has more of that than Storm.  Her hand to hand skill might not help, but the rest of her experience will.
"
1.No..I don't know it.Silver Surfer isn't invinsible.I've seen him handled several times.
2.Wind doesn't have to affect starbolts...but it would make a shield against them.Storm could send her flying with a couple of bolts or at least distract her..until she makes a massive Storm...i'm not really talking about wind though i'm talking about Hail and Snow
3.Storm has seen alot...she has fought alot of foes even some more powerful than her and survived so Star may have been trained better and more efficiently in combat but it's all about how she applies it in certain situations.Storm has dealt with certain things so she would know how to react to them better than Star would.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

1) But lightning?  Really?
2) Hail and snow won't effect them either.  They'll just burn right through it.  Storm and Starfire have pretty much the same range.  Starfire has better instincts so she'll shoot first and it will only take 1 shot to take out Storm.  Even if they both shot at the same time, Starfire's alien toughness means she's much more likely to survive than Storm is.
3) Yeah, and Starfire has taken down the likes of Trigon, who is more powerful than anything Storm has faced.  Really, they've been around about the same amount of time in the comics.  They've both fought their share of powerful bad guys and had their share of experiences.  Let's not pretend like Storm has this massive amount of experience that Starfire doesn't.  In fact, Starfire has fought others who can control the weather so it isn't like she doesn't know how to react here.

#18 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"1) But lightning?  Really?
2) Hail and snow won't effect them either.  They'll just burn right through it.  Storm and Starfire have pretty much the same range.  Starfire has better instincts so she'll shoot first and it will only take 1 shot to take out Storm.  Even if they both shot at the same time, Starfire's alien toughness means she's much more likely to survive than Storm is.
3) Yeah, and Starfire has taken down the likes of Trigon, who is more powerful than anything Storm has faced.  Really, they've been around about the same amount of time in the comics.  They've both fought their share of powerful bad guys and had their share of experiences.  Let's not pretend like Storm has this massive amount of experience that Starfire doesn't.  In fact, Starfire has fought others who can control the weather so it isn't like she doesn't know how to react here.
"
1.YES.
2.Damn the hail and snow..did you see what Storm did to Emma Frost with wind in her diamond form? I don't know what all this one shot to take Storm out stuff is but I don't think so.Unless you mean one shot as in one punch.Storm has dropped more durable people than Starfire with lightning and she's not immune.She damaged diamond with a bundle of straw...what do you think she would do to Star's flesh?
3.No they haven't Storm was the first black female hero..i'm positive she existed before Starfire.Storm doesn't have a massive amount of experience but she has enough for it to be an adavantage.She hasn't fought Storm...and Storm does things with weather that nobody Star has ever faced has.
Moderator
#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm wins. 

#20 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire would club Storm to death with her amazing boobs.

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Starfire would club Storm to death with her amazing boobs."

Please people, DO NOT make me go through my Storm folder.  Please, although it's fairly organized, I still have a LOT to go through before I find the right ones...
#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"Starfire.

She can take a lightning bolt without being koed.  Storm can't say the same when it comes to Starbolts.

As for being more experienced, I'd argue that Starfire is a much more experienced fighter.  She was trained as a warrior as a child while Storm was only a thief.  Starfire has bested amazons in jousting and hand to hand combat.  She isn't the strategist Storm is but she's a much better warrior.
"
1.Lightining isn't all Storm has to offer...but either way her lighting made Silver Surfer drop to his knees..so i'm sure she would knock Star out.
2.Storm could create a Storm so massive...Starfire would have to BFR herself.
3.Star may be a more experienced fighter but not a more experienced hero...and her fighting skill isn't going to help much if she can't get her hands on Storm.
"
1) Lightning hurting the Surfer at all is a bunch of bull and you know it.
2) Wind doesn't effect Starbolts and Storm can't create a tornado instantly.  She'll go down long before she can create anything that bfr's Starfire.  One shot.  That's all it will take.
3) That doesn't even make sense.  Starfire appeared 5 years later but has well over 5 years of earlier combat experience fighting aliens and things.  This isn't a "who is a better hero" competition.  It's a fight.  Fighting experience is what is going to win the day and Starfire has more of that than Storm.  Her hand to hand skill might not help, but the rest of her experience will.
"

Actually, Storm can create gale winds instantaneously.  And she can also do this other incredible thing called dodging. lol

And Surfer was not nearly as strong as he is now.  But even with that, it's not normal lightning.

 

Zoom said:

"1) But lightning?  Really?
2) Hail and snow won't effect them either.  They'll just burn right through it.  Storm and Starfire have pretty much the same range.  Starfire has better instincts so she'll shoot first and it will only take 1 shot to take out Storm.  Even if they both shot at the same time, Starfire's alien toughness means she's much more likely to survive than Storm is.
3) Yeah, and Starfire has taken down the likes of Trigon, who is more powerful than anything Storm has faced.  Really, they've been around about the same amount of time in the comics.  They've both fought their share of powerful bad guys and had their share of experiences.  Let's not pretend like Storm has this massive amount of experience that Starfire doesn't.  In fact, Starfire has fought others who can control the weather so it isn't like she doesn't know how to react here.
"

And Storm has fought flying people who can shoot before.  So Starfire is kinda screwed.

Storm and Starfire are not on the same level.  They cannot be compared because Storm is above her.



#23 Posted by talia (362 posts) - - Show Bio

id say starfire not easily but she would win

#24 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some nice posts in here. But I'm gonna agree with those siding with Starfire. She's a tank.

Moderator
#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Begins digging through Storm folder

#26 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha round two Mage?

Moderator
#27 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hahaha round two Mage?
"
Digs...with ANGER!

LOL
#28 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Hows your search coming lol :P

Moderator
#29 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"John Valentine said:
"Starfire would club Storm to death with her amazing boobs."

Please people, DO NOT make me go through my Storm folder.  Please, although it's fairly organized, I still have a LOT to go through before I find the right ones..."
LOL Perv.
#30 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all set.  Who'd like to make first arguement?

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"White Mage said:
"John Valentine said:
"Starfire would club Storm to death with her amazing boobs."

Please people, DO NOT make me go through my Storm folder.  Please, although it's fairly organized, I still have a LOT to go through before I find the right ones..."
LOL Perv."
I prefer "Highly Obsessed Storm Fan" thank you very much.  lol
#32 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire is faster then Storm, stronger then Storm (in terms of psychical strength) and more durable.

Moderator
#33 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire

#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Starfire is faster then Storm, stronger then Storm (in terms of psychical strength) and more durable.
"
1. Is Starfire immune to lightning?

2. What kinds of energy can she absorb exactly, and does she still have an absorption limit?


#35 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I'm not sure

2. Absorbs the energy from three suns or planets. One or thee other.

caption
caption






























































































Moderator
#36 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"1. I'm not sure

2. Absorbs the energy from three suns or planets. One or thee other.

caption
caption






























































































"

Quick question: What was she doing? 

#37 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

She lost her powers. So she went into space to absorb the energy of either three suns, or three planets. Which, if she can absorb that amount of energy I'm pretty sure she could absorb a lighting blast.

Moderator
#38 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"She lost her powers. So she went into space to absorb the energy of either three suns, or three planets. Which, if she can absorb that amount of energy I'm pretty sure she could absorb a lighting blast.
"
Ok.  What about atmospheric pressure?  Storm has used that on more than one occasion to crush huge objects.  Also, that was a scan where Starfire was fine and appeared to be able to adapt to the massive energy she absorbed.  IF she is caught off gaurd, can she still do the same? 
#39 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#40 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

If she's in a fight I'm not sure she'd be caught of guard. She's a warrior of the highest order. She's like Xena mixed with Wonder Woman as far as her warrior spirit. Could she be caught of guard, possibly. But her reaction time should allow her to be able to dodge alot of Storm's offense tactics. As far as atmospheric pressure I dont know. I mean she flies in and out of the Earths atmosphere with no problems. She once fly light years across space just to return Animal Man's jacket. I dont really believe Storm could effect the atmosphere fast enough to prevent Starfire from attacking while she attempted this feat. Was it instantaneous? How much concentration did it require? Like would she be able to do it before Starfire blasted her?

Moderator
#41 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"If she's in a fight I'm not sure she'd be caught of guard. She's a warrior of the highest order. She's like Xena mixed with Wonder Woman as far as her warrior spirit. Could she be caught of guard, possibly. But her reaction time should allow her to be able to dodge alot of Storm's offense tactics. As far as atmospheric pressure I dont know. I mean she flies in and out of the Earths atmosphere with no problems. She once fly light years across space just to return Animal Man's jacket. I dont really believe Storm could effect the atmosphere fast enough to prevent Starfire from attacking while she attempted this feat. Was it instantaneous? How much concentration did it require? Like would she be able to do it before Starfire blasted her?
"

In Black Panther #28, Storm gestured, and destroyed two skrull Warships.  Another question, does Starfire harness the actualy plasma of the stars?  Or does she generate her own power from the solar energy she absorbs? 
#42 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i can remember that Starfire once redirected electricity from a electrical cage (from Mother Mayhem i think it was) to Cyborg. And while it did not really put her out of comission it did seem to cause her physical pain. And that was with Cyborg helping. So i don't think she could withstand a full blast from Storm.

With that being said i think Storm could at least blind her with a lightning bolt, very bright flash you know :). So she that can give her time to possibly dodge starfires starbolt. And i know this is a really bad example, but she has been seen dodging Cyclops optic blast... but i think that's just bad writing..

#43 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

In the scan it only says she can absorb the energy of all three. Does it matter though? Also Starfire's blasts have been shown to destroy starships as well, but does that mean they would obliterate Storm if she was hit? The same question can be raised about Storm destroying the Skrull Warships. in comics vehicles and other transport type deals are usually easily destroyed. Yet when faced with an actual opponent the same attack has completely different results.

Also, how would Storm account for the speed differential. Would she be fast enough to react to Starfire? Starfire is well known for having a temper and losing control. She very often launches the first attack with no warning and no holding back. She's even attacked Superman and Wonder Woman in this manner.

Moderator
#44 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"If she's in a fight I'm not sure she'd be caught of guard. She's a warrior of the highest order. She's like Xena mixed with Wonder Woman as far as her warrior spirit. Could she be caught of guard, possibly. But her reaction time should allow her to be able to dodge alot of Storm's offense tactics. As far as atmospheric pressure I dont know. I mean she flies in and out of the Earths atmosphere with no problems. She once fly light years across space just to return Animal Man's jacket. I dont really believe Storm could effect the atmosphere fast enough to prevent Starfire from attacking while she attempted this feat. Was it instantaneous? How much concentration did it require? Like would she be able to do it before Starfire blasted her?
"

Also, I may be wrong on this (I don't think I am, but my opinion can be changed), but I can't really put Starfire flying through any atmosphere, in the same hand as I would put atmospheric pressure being intensified and used against her.  For me, yeah, she can fly through the air.  But the air actually being used to crush her?  That's  a different level. 
#45 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

Moderator
#46 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Correct me if i'm wrong, but i can remember that Starfire once redirected electricity from a electrical cage (from Mother Mayhem i think it was) to Cyborg. And while it did not really put her out of comission it did seem to cause her physical pain. And that was with Cyborg helping. So i don't think she could withstand a full blast from Storm.

With that being said i think Storm could at least blind her with a lightning bolt, very bright flash you know :). So she that can give her time to possibly dodge starfires starbolt. And i know this is a really bad example, but she has been seen dodging Cyclops optic blast... but i think that's just bad writing.."
Storm dodging Cyclops' blasts is not bad writing. 
#47 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

It kinda was. If he really wanted to blast her at that range there would have been nothing she could have done to avoid it.
Also notice in her bio where it says Moderate Invulnerability.

Moderator
#48 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fun but I gotta run for awhile. Nice job so far Mage

Moderator
#49 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"It kinda was. If he really wanted to blast her at that range there would have been nothing she could have done to avoid it.
Also notice in her bio where it says Moderate Invulnerability.
"

Thing is though, she's fast and is in synch with her environment at all times.  Her ability to outmaneuver Cyclops isn't really that hard to believe.  She's even dodged Thor's hammer.  Some of these feats may be justified by the fact that she can see nervous systems and such.  I have a scan where she dodged a snowball thrown by Bishop without even paying him that much attention. 
#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"This is fun but I gotta run for awhile. Nice job so far Mage
"

Why thank you Gambler.  Although your posts aren't helping my scan search much, I hope by the next time you're on, my words can be backed by scans. lol Thank God for Chris Claremont and detailed power descriptions. LOL