Storm Vs Power Girl

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WWQ9
  • Prep: None
  • Time Limit: None
  • Win: Death, Knockout or BFR
  • Storm has the same speed, strength and durability as Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear...

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CODYSF

Wait what ?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Power Girl stomp...

Edit: Storm with speed, strength and durability of Wonder Woman? Wtf is this

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has the same speed, strength and durability as Wonder Woman

This reminds me of another user, who used to make battles like this...
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nefarious

Spite.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By torzone

Power Girl

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDude123

This is, unfortunately, going to make more people on comicvine dislike Storm and those that already dislike her because of comicvine threads and posts will dislike her even more. You have to be very careful with your threads when a black character is concerned. You do more harm than good as there is already a bias in some people concerning ethnic characters and threads like this only exacerbate the situation. Maybe that is what you're trying to do and, if so, shame on you.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lady_liberty

Giving one character extra powers rarely makes for a popular battle.

Besides, are there not more interesting battles for Storm to fight?

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Power Girl wins this one really easy. Power Girl has beaten Wonder Woman before.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BMEZY

@Knight_Justice: did you read the op??

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nefarious

Hm, I flagged this thread but nothing happened. It sure works for other people.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WWQ9
@ChaosBlazer said:

Power Girl stomp...

Edit: Storm with speed, strength and durability of Wonder Woman? Wtf is this

LOL Read the battle forum rules. You can give characters upgrades, aslong as they aren't threads like Hulk with the power gem Vs Thanos
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Onemoreposter

Storm dies.

Painfully.

Horribly.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@BMEZY: Yes. I'm just saying even if Storm have those upgrades. Power Girl wins.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WWQ9
@Lady_Liberty said:

Giving one character extra powers rarely makes for a popular battle.

Besides, are there not more interesting battles for Storm to fight?

LOL I think people just don't want to see Storm beat characters like Power Girl.

@TheSwordsman said:

This is, unfortunately, going to make more people on comicvine dislike Storm and those that already dislike her because of comicvine threads and posts will dislike her even more. You have to be very careful with your threads when a black character is concerned. You do more harm than good as there is already a bias in some people concerning ethnic characters and threads like this only exacerbate the situation. Maybe that is what you're trying to do and, if so, shame on you.

I've done similar threads before with several different characters, regardless of race and Storm is one of my favourite characters. 

@Nefarious said:
Hm, I flagged this thread but nothing happened. It sure works for other people.

LOL It obviously hasn't been locked because it's not spite battle. Storm has Wonder Woman's speed, strength and durability, so how is it a spite battle?
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nefarious
@WWQ9: But, even with those powers, Storm still has no chance.
WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WWQ9
@Nefarious: Do you think Power Girl would stomp Wonder Woman?
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nefarious
@WWQ9: No way, WW already owned Power Girl.
TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

Power Girl

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheDude123

@WWQ9 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I've done similar threads before with several different characters, regardless of race and Storm is one of my favourite characters.

There is only one human race. Remember that.

Regardless of whether Storm is your favorite character, there are a lot of people who are biased towards characters based on their color and threads like these make them dislike them even more. Sucks that it is that way, but it is what it is.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I like Storm but I don't think this thread was a god idea.

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By imbackwimps

@TheSwordsman said:

THIS black heroes do not get the respect in comics or on comicvine

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WWQ9
@Nefarious: LOL. Well since Storm has Wonder Woman's strength, speed and durability and her own weather abilities, do you honestly think it is a spite battle, considering Wonder Woman has beaten Power Girl and Storm has her powers?
MetalSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetalSonic

I would actually have to say storm. On her own Power Girl would beat storm with a finger however if storm has wonder womans abilities then power girl is at a loss. Ww is on a similar level as the super family. While those powers alone won't allow storm to win (it would go either way), the nature abilities that storm brings to the table would tip the scale. Power girl can't speed blitz her, can't one shot her, can't leave her in orbit...yea. Not much pg can do against wonder storm.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nefarious
@WWQ9: Yeah, Storm wouldn't really know how to use those powers to the best of their ability. Thus, she would get owned.
WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WWQ9
@TheSwordsman said:

@WWQ9 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Regardless of whether Storm is your favorite character, there are a lot of people who are biased towards characters based on their color and threads like these make them dislike them even more. Sucks that it is that way, but it is what it is.

I think people don't like Storm because of rbysjti, not because of her skin color.
WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WWQ9
@Nefarious said:
@WWQ9: Yeah, Storm wouldn't really know how to use those powers to the best of their ability. Thus, she would get owned.
She wouldn't need to know. She could just punch Power Girl and she'd go flying; if she gets hit, her durability will ensure she is ok and Wonder Woman and Power Girl don't always use super speed at the start of a battle.
TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheDude123

@WWQ9 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@WWQ9 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I think people don't like Storm because of rbysjti, not because of her skin color.

Hardly. Fanatics have not made people like batman any less because of posts and threads. If one likes a character there isn't anything one poster is going to do to change that.There is simply a different standard depending on a characters skin color. And if you think that there aren't people who dislike storm and/or other black characters simply because of the characters skin color you are completely mistaken or in denial or are not being truthful.

MetalSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MetalSonic

Why would we assume that storm "wouldn't know" how to use wonder woman's powers? She already knows how to fly, shed fly faster. She already knows how to punch things, she'd punch harder, etc. these aren't magical abilities we are talking about like controlling the weather.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheDude123

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Or IRL. It's 2012 and things haven't changed nearly enough.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WWQ9
@TheSwordsman: I've been reading Storm threads on here and all his posts on hundreds of threads about her being able to beat characters who would destroy her and not providing scans or anything actually made me start disliking her LOL If he did the same with Batman, I'd feel the same. (Even though I don't like him anyway) LOL
imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By imbackwimps

@TheSwordsman said:

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

tell me about it somebody on here really said that if they do a iron fist-powerman movie they should do it where powerman is in the 70s like the old Blaxploitation style movie when are we going to move past the shaft movies please i dont want to hear anymore can you dig it in movies

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WWQ9
@_slim_ said:

Storm has the same speed, strength and durability as Wonder Woman

This reminds me of another user, who used to make battles like this...
That would be me. LOL This is my new account.
WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WWQ9
@MetalSonic said:
Why would we assume that storm "wouldn't know" how to use wonder woman's powers? She already knows how to fly, shed fly faster. She already knows how to punch things, she'd punch harder, etc. these aren't magical abilities we are talking about like controlling the weather.
Exactly! Finally, a member who knows what they are talking about.
TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheDude123

@WWQ9 said:

@TheSwordsman: I've been reading Storm threads on here and all his posts on hundreds of threads about her being able to beat characters who would destroy her and not providing scans or anything actually made me start disliking her LOL If he did the same with Batman, I'd feel the same. (Even though I don't like him anyway) LOL

There are just as many batman threads vs characters he shouldn't be able to beat but it does not create near as much batman hate as similar threads do storm hate. If a thread or a poster made you dislike a character then perhaps you should exercise some honesty introspection as to why. Anyway, if you think that everyone simply dislikes storm because of one viner or some threads then there is likely no reasoning with you. Good luck. I am finished with this line of dialogue

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nefarious
@WWQ9: I guess you are right. She last longer due to having those abilities.
Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Powergirl, pretty easily too.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheDude123

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

tell me about it somebody on here really said that if they do a iron fist-powerman movie they should do it where powerman is in the 70s like the old Blaxploitation style movie when are we going to move past the shaft movies please i dont want to hear anymore can you dig it in movies

Yeah. It's disheartening sometimes. I can only hope that the next generations will eventually shrug off the mentality that has thus far been proliferated.

Re-watch Bab's revue of the new total recall movie and note how she pronounces arnold schwarzenegger and watch the thinly veiled disgust whenever tony talks about or answers questions about black characters. Some people are simply evil.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WWQ9
@TheSwordsman: People give Batman prep in most of his battles: he could beat several characters with it and he's basically just a human with no powers, I can't see why people would dislike Storm because she's black; her powers are awesome and she's a very interesting character. You should read through the Storm threads and you'll see what I'm talking about when I said I started disliking her because of rbysjti. I haven't seen many ethnic comic book characters, so maybe that is why you think people who dislike black characters are racist.
Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Who's Babs?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lady_liberty

@TheSwordsman: I'm not sure you are being entirely fair, and I am sure you are not providing evidence to go with your claims.

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By imbackwimps

@TheSwordsman said:

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@imbackwimps said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Yeah. It's disheartening sometimes. I can only hope that the next generations will eventually shrug off the mentality that has thus far been proliferated.

Re-watch Bab's revue of the new total recall movie and note how she pronounces arnold schwarzenegger and watch the thinly veiled disgust whenever tony talks about or answers questions about black characters. Some people are simply evil.

i have to check that out

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This is ridiculous. It's like me saying "Superman vs Jimmy Olsen, but Jimmy has the powers of the Spectre"

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheDude123

@Lady_Liberty said:

@TheSwordsman: I'm not sure you are being entirely fair, and I am sure you are not providing evidence to go with your claims.

As I stated there are some ,not all, who feel this way. There is no unfairness in this nor dishonesty. The evidence is there, whether one chooses to acknowledge it or not.

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By imbackwimps

@Lady_Liberty said:

did she just ask you for evidence lady just go look at some history books or look up a little boy name Treyvon martin http://thedixview.hubpages.com/hub/Sad-Sick-Sadistic

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Black

I don't see the point in these kinds of battles.

WWQ9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WWQ9
@_Black said:

I don't see the point in these kinds of battles.

Don't post in them then. LOL
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lady_liberty

@TheSwordsman: @imbackwimps: The point is its a pretty big thing to accuse someone of. If its not true, you could do a lot of damage to someones reputation and friendships. So when you do imply something that can cause so much harm, its best to always present actual evidence.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Black

@WWQ9: Lol. Do you see a point? It's not really Storm if she has those powers.