Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos
No Caption Provided

"Multiple times over the years Storm has been called a "sculptress". This is one of many ways to describe her absolute mastery and dominion over the forces and elements of weather. She becomes one with these energies. These patterns govern the weather and Storm can mold these patterns to her will. Because she is completely in-tune with the environment she must keep her emotions in check." - CV

"Poison Ivy has complete mental control over all forms of plant life, allowing her to animate them to attack and ensnare her opponents, and even to create powerful new plant hybrids for specialized purposes. She has a special relationship with plants. She treats them as if they were her children and they respond to her will and command. Ivy's connection with "the green world" is said to be on par with supernatural beings such as Swamp Thing." - CV

Who is more in tune with nature?

Two different characters from two different parts of the environmental spectrum. Feats can be used to showcase the connection each have. This isn't a standard battle, so their will be no fighting between them. Also, if you can, please explain why, no one word answers.

Storm - Poison Ivy

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Probably Storm. Ivy's really not on par with Swamp Thing.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Is the art for Poison Ivy from Artgem? Looks like it. Love them both! :D

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saren

@Supreme Marvel: It's the cover for Birds of Prey #11.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Joygirl

Ivy is more in tune with nature. She struggles with the concept of even being human at all, she needs sunlight to survive like a plant. Storm hasn't turned into a cloud since last I checked, nor does she forget that she's a person rather than a raindrop.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@CitizenBane said:

@Supreme Marvel: It's the cover for Birds of Prey #11.

I just check: Stanley Lau AKA Artgem! BOOM!

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Manchine

@Joygirl said:

Ivy is more in tune with nature. She struggles with the concept of even being human at all, she needs sunlight to survive like a plant. Storm hasn't turned into a cloud since last I checked, nor does she forget that she's a person rather than a raindrop.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

Storm.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Storm's abilities should overpower Ivy's.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Matezoide2
@OmegaDynasty said:

LMFAO.

Anyway,while i do agree that Storm is more powerfull,Ivy is certanly more ''in tune'' with nature,for reasons already stated.
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Joygirl said:

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By HolySerpent

Joygirl made some interesting points

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jojjimbo

@Joygirl said:

I like this response.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Joygirl said:

Ivy feels she is one with nature. Storm feels she is nature's mistress

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The are both greatly in tune with nature, just 2 different aspects of it. Ivy with plant life part of nature, and Storm with the weather aspect. Honestly though when i think of in tune with nature I think Swamp Thing not Ivy.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Also, can someone please define "in tune"? Because Storm fits the bill and then some, I just wanna know what kind of direction ya'll wanna go in,

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Wow! I really like that look for Poision Ivy. I don't see how Ivy's struggling with feeling more human vs plant supports her being more in tune with nature. I hope there is more to her being in tune with nature than feeling more like a plant or requiring sunlight to live.

Storm shares an empathic connection with the earth's biosphere, showing an empathic, psychic and spiritual connection to the entire planet, and this connection has manifested in multiple ways, from feeling changes in the soil to the moon's gravitational pull on the planet, to the elements using her for revenge against humanity or feeling the earth's "pain" as her own...among multiple other examples.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joygirl

^ If I had a scanner I'd post a few pages from GCS that would make you see the light. Ivy relishes the sun, the earth, the plants and leaves and vines as a PART of it, as its sister and guardian rather than its shepherd. She IS one with nature and will die if she's removed from it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@Joygirl said:

^ If I had a scanner I'd post a few pages from GCS that would make you see the light. Ivy relishes the sun, the earth, the plants and leaves and vines as a PART of it, as its sister and guardian rather than its shepherd. She IS one with nature and will die if she's removed from it.

Does this help?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Honestly, this depends on how you evaluate things like this. You can say Storm controls many aspects of nature while Ivy only controls one, and so Storm's more in tune with nature. Conversely, you can say that Ivy's connection with nature is so fundamental that she depends on it to survive, and so her connection to nature is deeper in that sense.

This isn't really a battle anyway.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Roddy010

Storm actually feels nature and life...She can also communicate with plant life and sense every living organism around her...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joygirl

Those do indeed help, though I was gonna go for the ones where she's lounging in the rainforest, entwined with more vines than a japanese schoolgirl. Her little monologue on that page is pretty epic -- I guess she just truly respects and loves nature in a way that I've never seen Storm show.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@Joygirl said:

Those do indeed help, though I was gonna go for the ones where she's lounging in the rainforest, entwined with more vines than a japanese schoolgirl. Her little monologue on that page is pretty epic -- I guess she just truly respects and loves nature in a way that I've never seen Storm show.

Don't have those, unfortunately. I have this though, where Ivy gets the green to tell her where Hush took Harley.

No Caption Provided
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

Storm. 

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joygirl

Got it! #7! "In this land I'm a goddess. Every plant craves my touch. In return, they honor me with their bounty. Food, clothing, shelter, I only have to imagine it and the plants will gratefully provide." Yadda yadda yadda, miss Gotham, holy crap let's kill some humanz! Thing is, she treats the plants like sentient beings, like friends instead of tools.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Mercy_

@Supreme Marvel said:

Yes :D

He's also doing a cover for Batgirl

Batgirl #11 by Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

That is impressive for Ivy. I am not exactly seeing how that makes her more "in tune" or gives her a greater connection to the planet because she is physically more like a plant than human. Technically, we ALL have a physical dependence on nature to survive in some capacity (i.e.- we'd all die without water, sustenance, etc.). But the scan of her hearing through the "green" is impressive.I find Storm's connection, at least so far, to be more impressive and extensive.

Storm's connection with the planet's biosphere has shown her to:

Psychic bond with the planet and sensing a disturbance in the soil
Feeling the planet's pain as her own
With her bond with the planet fully established shes could sense a sick/dying tree on the x-mansion grounds
With her bond with the planet fully established shes could sense a sick/dying tree on the x-mansion grounds
Rogue with Storm's powers can feel every living thing around her
No Caption Provided
Sorry...posted in the wrong order. Through her bond with the planet, the elements use Storm to take revenge on humanity.
Sorry...posted in the wrong order. Through her bond with the planet, the elements use Storm to take revenge on humanity.
Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Mercy_: the girl in the back seems a bit "tranny", no disrespect on that subject just saying.....anyway back on topic, is this even a fight anymore or a Ms Nature Pageant, cuz Captain Planet Beats them both in the latter department

Hell Yeah!!!!! GOOOOO PLANET!!!!!! (his power is backed by the titan of earth Gaea so....yeah I'm really off topic, peace out).

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

That is impressive for Ivy. I am not exactly seeing how that makes her more "in tune" or gives her a greater connection to the planet because she is physically more like a plant than human. Technically, we ALL have a physical dependence on nature to survive in some capacity (i.e.- we'd all die without water, sustenance, etc.). But the scan of her hearing through the "green" is impressive.I find Storm's connection, at least so far, to be more impressive and extensive.

Storm's connection with the planet's biosphere has shown her to:

No Caption Provided

There's more to nature than just trees and plant life. However, Storm can feel all of them

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By TDK_1997

Ivy is more in tune with nature because she sometimes strugles to be a human.But Storm also controls not only one kind of aspect of nature but many,so I'm giving in to her.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Mercy_ said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Yes :D

He's also doing a cover for Batgirl

BOOM! Love that art! The woman below Babs' leg looks strange like. Or it could be a meaty guy with breasts. Which I've seen before. 0_0

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Son_of_simba

storm waters ivys plants then kills her storm deffo more in touch with nature ivys just a creepy chick who likes to sleep with plants storm can actually sense things through the environment

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm waters ivys plants then kills her storm deffo more in touch with nature ivys just a creepy chick who likes to sleep with plants storm can actually sense things through the environment

ermm lol? , anyway Marvel doesn't seem to have a certain category for people whose powers stem from some aspect of nature i.e Vixen's powers come from the red which is animals , Ivy's come from the green which is plants and Naiad's come from the blue/clear or whatever which is water , i would say ivy may have more of a connection to plants than storm (well duh) and i never understood why people think nature only includes plants. Further more if storm were a DC character she would actually be connected to all three (she wouldn't be able to tap into them like the characters mentioned except maybe naiad). She is greatly in tune with the elements and life as a whole (being able to sense a change in jean's life force when she had/became the pheonix force)...so i'll say again Ivy=Plants , Ororo= everything else ..she also has to bond with a planet to manipulate its energies

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Ivy is more in tune and not a battle.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_simba said:

ermm lol? , anyway Marvel doesn't seem to have a certain category for people whose powers stem from some aspect of nature i.e Vixen's powers come from the red which is animals , Ivy's come from the green which is plants and Naiad's come from the blue/clear or whatever which is water , i would say ivy may have more of a connection to plants than storm (well duh) and i never understood why people think nature only includes plants. Further more if storm were a DC character she would actually be connected to all three (she wouldn't be able to tap into them like the characters mentioned except maybe naiad). She is greatly in tune with the elements and life as a whole (being able to sense a change in jean's life force when she had/became the pheonix force)...so i'll say again Ivy=Plants , Ororo= everything else ..she also has to bond with a planet to manipulate its energies

thats what im saying being in touch with plants is only a very small aspect of nature storm is one with nature

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Storm Calling

Got it! #7! "In this land I'm a goddess. Every plant craves my touch. In return, they honor me with their bounty. Food, clothing, shelter, I only have to imagine it and the plants will gratefully provide." Yadda yadda yadda, miss Gotham, holy crap let's kill some humanz! Thing is, she treats the plants like sentient beings, like friends instead of tools.

Storm does the same. There are many instances of her literally having conversations with plants as if they were people and her watering them with her powers. When she once lost a communion with the elements she was able to re-establish it by going back to her plush garden and communing with it(thus completely restoring her powers). There is nothing here that Storm hasn't already shared with nature as well.

She stopped wearing clothes because she felt that nature protected her. She was also cleansed by nature when her body was overun by the Brood queen egg, and has used it to restore her body back to its adult self after the Nanny used technology to reverse her growth. She has even used her communion to correct mistakes in nature that even much more powerful ancient sentient beings couldn't understand in their own reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy wins (and storm is overrated)

All storm fans can hate me now

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there equal in everyway

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Being apart of nature is a very important aspect of Ivys character, she has been a member of the green for the past decade, she can die when not in contact with nature for prolonged periods.

The idea of Storm being connected with nature isn't important for the character. The fact that a handful of really old scans are used to try and say otherwise just proves the point.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe: Being apart of nature is a very important aspect of Ivys character, she has been a member of the green for the past decade, she can die when not in contact with nature for prolonged periods.

The idea of Storm being connected with nature isn't important for the character. The fact that a handful of really old scans are used to try and say otherwise just proves the point.

nature sustains storm mentally ... she loves being around nature and she doesn't like being away from life or in space noting it felt "cold and barren" to her .. ..Storm being connected to nature actually is important to her .. most writers just forget that and turn her into lightning lass or wind dancer ... and just look at how intricately she's connected ...

No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Storm.