Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Prep: 48 hrs

Place: Ocean

Powers Availible: Weather Manipulation,Strength,Ocean Control,Technnology,{Lets Just Say All Powers}

Battle Over: Only Death,Or K.O

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@blackopsx21: oceanmaster wins here he wud pribally make storm his bride

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shavo

storm stomps

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@kingjames447: storm stomps

Tell me, what (if any) control does Storm have over mystical lightining? And Lord help her if this confrontation EVER becomes a fist fight. You have the floor.

@oceanmaster21:u see what my name is i love oceanmaster

Heard that.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjames447: LOL dude please tell me your joking

I'm actually not for these three reasons: 1.) Mystic lightning is more than simply positive and negative electrons (which I know she both can and has manipulated). It's a combination of enchantment, electrical energy, heat, and concussive force. 2.) I have never seen nor have I ever heard of her performing such a feat. This is'nt to say she has'nt, simply that i'm unaware of any such action on her part. 3.) The last thing Storm wants to happen is to get into a fist fight with a minimum 60 tonner who hates surface dwellers. She's well trained in h2h combat, but even a glancing blow from someone 1/20th as strong as he is would rupture her internal organs and/or effortlessly break human bone(s).

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjames447: LOL dude please tell me your joking

I'm actually not for these three reasons: 1.) Mystic lightning is more than simply positive and negative electrons (which I know she both can and has manipulated). It's a combination of enchantment, electrical energy, heat, and concussive force. 2.) I have never seen nor have I ever heard of her performing such a feat. This is'nt to say she has'nt, simply that i'm unaware of any such action on her part. 3.) The last thing Storm wants to happen is to get into a fist fight with a minimum 60 tonner who hates surface dwellers. She's well trained in h2h combat, but even a glancing blow from someone 1/20th as strong as he is would rupture her internal organs and/or effortlessly break human bone(s).

Loading Video...
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@kingjames447: Thank you for the YouTube clip. Very entertaining. My very reasonable questions to you or anyone else who can answer them are as follows:

1.) When (if ever) has Storm manipulated magical lightning bolts? She may actually have done this either in the distant past (Lee/Kirby era), or some time much more recently. Being personally unaware of whether or not she has ever done this, I ask when she proved successful in her attempt. If you have that information, i'd be happy to learn about it and possibly pick up the TPB if it's available.

2.) Considering Storm has the physical durability of an athletic woman of her age, height, and weight class, she could be easily killed in an automobile accident, by gunshot, or any number of calamities if she were unaware of the danger she was in OR if she somehow could'nt activate her powers fast enough. I believe that's called a "Glass Cannon" here on Comicvine.com. Therefore, to engage in a fist fight with a bulletproof sociopath who can military press well over 60 tons would be tantamount to suicide should she attempt to do so.

Independant of hollywood actors bursting into laughing fits, are you able to provide me and other 'Viners with this information that i've asked you for (both politely and without the use of sarcasm, I might add)?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this serious? Orm's feats in Throne of Atlantis are nothing Ororo herself couldn't do, save the ocean control. And is there any proof Orm's lightning is magic based?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@blackwind:

I know that Pre-Flashpoint Orm had a Mystical Trident that had both Olympian enchantments as well as enchantments from Neron. I'm unaware if his New 52 Trident gets its power from those same sources.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oceanmaster21

@heraldofganthet: ppl underestimate oceanmaster have u read new 52and his lightning is by his crown now and it is magic based

Avatar image for eternal_deathvoid
Eternal_DeathVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackWind

What did Orm do in Throne of Atlantis that Ororo would be threatened by? And what proof is there that his trident's lightning is magic based? Was it stated?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@oceanmaster21:

No, I haven't had the chance to read much of the New 52 stuff yet. I'm gonna really end up spending a lot of money on TPB's for sure before this is all said and done.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What did Orm do in Throne of Atlantis that Ororo would be threatened by? And what proof is there that his trident's lightning is magic based? Was it stated?

His lightning was powerful enough to knock out Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. The general fan explanation for why it can take down Superman and Diana was because it was magical, and while this is unconfirmed, it is a fairly logical explanation seeing as how the trident doesn't seem to be technological in origin. To my knowledge, Storm isn't immune to lightning, let alone magical lightning.

Note that I'm not siding with either side, largely because I know scat about Storm.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HeraldofGanthet
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlackWind

Storm has summoned arcs of lightning far huger than anything Orm ever did. And she could easily freeze the water, eliminating that problem.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ocean Master ftw.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestialseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm should take this with little difficulty.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Roddy010

@heraldofganthet

@oceanmaster21:

@kingjames447: storm stomps

Tell me, what (if any) control does Storm have over mystical lightining? And Lord help her if this confrontation EVER becomes a fist fight. You have the floor.

Uncanny X-Men Annual (1st series) # 4 (Nightcrawler's Inferno)- Storm willed control of a magic based hurricane in the depths of hell.

X-men (1st Series) #121 (Shoot Out at the Stampede)-Storm gained control over Shaman's magic based blizzard (which spanned from Calgary to the North Pole)

Uncanny X-men (1st Series) #369 (Collision Course)- After entering the Trion Dimension, Storm was able to best them as well as heal their entire dimension solely on instinct. The Trion is the sum total of their dimension and they derive their power from a magic source.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

I'd like to thank you roddy010 for not only answering my question, but doing so in a polite and constructive manner. The types of which that can only result from good upbringing. Thank you, sir. I now have evidence that Storm has successfully manipulated lightning of a mystical nature. That would certainly be a very necessary arrow in her quiver against a foe of this magnitude. At that point, I believe the battle can go in 1 of 2 possible directions: 1.) The battle of the elements becomes a battle of wills and/or stamina. I'm no weather bender, but I have to believe that such work is quite taxing physically. Characters with top level weather powers like Weather Wizard and Storm are very powerful, but their stamina is all too human. At least on paper, Orm's Half-Atlantean DNA would give him a sizable advantage here in this weather tug-of-war as it were. Especially considering that the work of the weather control, lightning and oceanic feats are actually being done by a supernatural entity(ies) on his behalf, and not coming from him directly. The strain (if there is any) is being borne by a magical being(s) who may have limitless stamina, working at his beck and call. 2.) There's no prep in this battle. If Storm is airborne, she'd have no idea how strong Orm is, the remarkable heights he can jump to, or the speeds at which he can do so, to potentially intercept her out of the air (like Solomon Grundy and the Hulk are so fond of doing). In that case, this is now a fist fight, and I don't see how she could possibly survive either the impact force of them both slamming into the ground or a "ground and pound" type assault from a guy as strong as Orm. Again, thank you for answering my question with both great information and class. It was much appreciated.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Not a problem sir :) this is what debating is all about. Teaching others and learning from others.

1.) The battle of the elements becomes a battle of wills and/or stamina. I'm no weather bender, but I have to believe that such work is quite taxing physically. Characters with top level weather powers like Weather Wizard and Storm are very powerful, but their stamina is all too human. At least on paper, Orm's Half-Atlantean DNA would give him a sizable advantage here in this weather tug-of-war as it were.

Orm's physicality won't be much of an advantage in this fight. Storm's will over the elements completely trumps Orm's. He has to rely on one source of energy while Storm can manipulate many including the source Orm is tapping into. Also consider the fact she has more feats trumping other elementals in their own elements. She actually has a good record of countering and besting other elementals in their own element.

So Storm definitely has the advantage there.

There's no prep in this battle. If Storm is airborne, she'd have no idea how strong Orm is, the remarkable heights he can jump to, or the speeds at which he can do so, to potentially intercept her out of the air (like Solomon Grundy and the Hulk are so fond of doing). In that case, this is now a fist fight, and I don't see how she could possibly survive either the impact force of them both slamming into the ground or a "ground and pound" type assault from a guy as strong as Orm.

Storm's no amateur she won't just sit there and allow Orm to get close enough for this to become a h2h battle. Her powers are enough of an offense for her to strike from a distance. Also considering the fact that she controls the air, so Orm getting airborne will a big mistake.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

Hmm.. good points. But it's no guarantee that Storm will either figure out that Orm's weather control emanates from his crown and trident (don't get me wrong, she could figure it out, but it's not guaranteed that she would) or that she would reach into whatever realm he's drawing that power from and therefore wrest it from him. I do have a question though: Is Storm immune to electricity? Can she/has she ever been overloaded by electrical energy, normal or otherwise? Not to mention that while self-propulsion would be the easiest way to reach her (depending on how high she is in the air to begin with), he could just as easily generate a series of waterspouts, one to propel himself at her and a few dozen or so others as a distraction to land the one blow a guy as strong as he is needs to end/KO her.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Hmm.. good points. But it's no guarantee that Storm will either figure out that Orm's weather control emanates from his crown and trident (don't get me wrong, she could figure it out, but it's not guaranteed that she would) or that she would reach into whatever realm he's drawing that power from and therefore wrest it from him.

She actually could. When her powers are active Storm has energy sight, giving her the ability to not see the world as matter but patterns of energy, which includes magical energy. She doesn't have to reach into another realm to simple muster control over whatever element Orm throws at her. In the first scan I posted we see Storm gathering the energy of a mystic hurricane as easily as we would take a breath. I don't see Orm's elemental attacks taking her out.

Is Storm immune to electricity? Can she/has she ever been overloaded by electrical energy, normal or otherwise?

I wouldn't say immune but highly resistant. In the classic Uncanny X-men, Magneto was able to knock her out with lightning. Her resistance has grown a lot since then. In Second Coming, she tolerated volts in the terrawatts from the Nimrods and this only stunned her. Besides that I've never seen her overloaded with lightning. She handles it quite well actually.

Not to mention that while self-propulsion would be the easiest way to reach her (depending on how high she is in the air to begin with), he could just as easily generate a series of waterspouts, one to propel himself at her and a few dozen or so others as a distraction to land the one blow a guy as strong as he is needs to end/KO her.

Orm creating any sort of weather effects won't do him any good. Storm will assert control and turn anything he throws back at him. Much like she did Shaman in the scan I posted. She doubled the intensity of the mystic blizzard and wrapped it around him and his team. If she's able to do this to Shaman Orm shouldn't be no different. Any watersprouts, lightning, or tsunami Orm throws at Storm is coming back at him in full force.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@runawayavenger:Storm has mystical powers too, she was a possible candidate for Sorcerer Supreme.

That would explain her ability to control storms of a magical nature. Although as far as Orm's h2h abilities are concerned, he's no slouch in that department either, has a nigh-indestructible razor sharp weapon that greatly increases his reach in a combat situation, and he's stronger than not only her, but most of her collegues as well..

@roddy010: It would seem that Storm's gotten quite the upgrade since I stopped reading X-Men some years ago.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By seastone98

ocean master mid diff since even if storm has better weather control he can simply out class her on every physical lvl bar none