This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Ms.Marvel...in a CURBSTOMP.

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I'm going with Ms.Marvel...in a CURBSTOMP."

I have to admit, I didn't expect that. What's to stop Storm from just blowing her away as she did the Hulk during the Onslaught series? I know she can absorb energy but Storm doesn't have to use lightning against her. She could also bring down cold that almost equal to Iceman and freeze her.
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

I have to admit, I didn't expect that. What's to stop Storm from just blowing her away as she did the Hulk during the Onslaught series? I know she can absorb energy but Storm doesn't have to use lightning against her. She could also bring down cold that almost equal to Iceman and freeze her."
It takes more time than Storm has to freeze Ms.Marvel and wind isn't going to do anything.
#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

I have to admit, I didn't expect that. What's to stop Storm from just blowing her away as she did the Hulk during the Onslaught series? I know she can absorb energy but Storm doesn't have to use lightning against her. She could also bring down cold that almost equal to Iceman and freeze her."
It takes more time than Storm has to freeze Ms.Marvel and wind isn't going to do anything."

It was a powerful weapon against an opponent that is stronger than Ms Marvel.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

It takes more time than Storm has to freeze Ms.Marvel and wind isn't going to do anything."

It was a powerful weapon against an opponent that is stronger than Ms Marvel."
You mean the Phoenix? I remember that...Ms.Marvel is faster than Jean though.She used against Dracula too but Ms.Marvel is faster than him too.
#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

You mean the Phoenix? I remember that...Ms.Marvel is faster than Jean though.She used against Dracula too but Ms.Marvel is faster than him too."

Ok, u feel her speed would be able to defend against anything Storm could do?
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:

You mean the Phoenix? I remember that...Ms.Marvel is faster than Jean though.She used against Dracula too but Ms.Marvel is faster than him too."

Ok, u feel her speed would be able to defend against anything Storm could do?"
If she really wanted to her speed could finish Storm from the start...but she doesn't speed blitz.I could see her taking damage from Storm but not enough to put her down..just enough to piss her off to the point she will do what she has to..to win.I think should would end up restraining Storm somehow because if she hits her...even if she holds back she will kill Storm and if she hadn't absorbed enough energy that day she couldn't hit her with any blasts.
#9 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt ms marvel just take storm into space and suffocate storm

#10 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
The 502 Kid said:
"wouldnt ms marvel just take storm into space and suffocate storm"
Storm doesn't suffocate in space....and no she wouldn't so that.
#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
The 502 Kid said:

Ever since they had her do that to that Skrull that's most people tactic with her now in battle threads with none fliers.
#12 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"The 502 Kid said:

Ever since they had her do that to that Skrull that's most people tactic with her now in battle threads with none fliers."
Ms.Marvel wouldn't do that if she could..because she wouldn't want Storm to die....Also,Ms.Marvel can't breathe in space.
#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Personalities are taken out in battles just to tell you. 

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Personalities are taken out in battles just to tell you. "
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"The 502 Kid said:
Storm doesn't suffocate in space....
Really?

Vance Astro said:
Also,Ms.Marvel can't breathe in space."
She's been in space for extended periods in her series so either she can be sustained by her energies (so she wouldn't need to breathe) or she just holds her breath for a long time.

Dreadnaught said:
"Personalities are taken out in battles just to tell you. "
Depends on the thread.
#16 Posted by King Saturn (224444 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Ms. Marvel will win here
#17 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel for the win.
She is faster (in flight speed and reaction time), far stronger and more durable, is at least as good a hnad to hand fighter as Storm, can absorb the most potent of Storms long ranged attacks (electrical bolts) and can also (with sufficient energy) fire back her own energy blasts.
Marvel need onlt score 1 good hit on Storm to end this battle as Storm only has human level durability.

#18 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is an awesome character but she would not really be much of a challenge for Ms. Marvel. Lightning would power Marvel and wind would be virtually ineffective. Storms best bet would be to freeze Ms. Marvel. But it does take time to get down that cold and I think that Ms. Marvel would close that gap and take her out before that. There is also Ms. Marvel's energy attacks to consider. When fighting an opponent that can take flight, it is likely that she would use her energy projectiles rather than try to get her hands on her. She is also very aware of Storm's claustrophobia. Ms. Marvel may do something as simple as wrap Storm up in something, causing her to freak out. Then Ms. Marvel could flick her in the face knocking her out.

#19 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Storm is an awesome character but she would not really be much of a challenge for Ms. Marvel. Lightning would power Marvel and wind would be virtually ineffective. Storms best bet would be to freeze Ms. Marvel. But it does take time to get down that cold and I think that Ms. Marvel would close that gap and take her out before that. There is also Ms. Marvel's energy attacks to consider. When fighting an opponent that can take flight, it is likely that she would use her energy projectiles rather than try to get her hands on her. She is also very aware of Storm's claustrophobia. Ms. Marvel may do something as simple as wrap Storm up in something, causing her to freak out. Then Ms. Marvel could flick her in the face knocking her out."
Okay you do have to admit that Ms.Marvel is a formidable foe with the who energy projectile thing, but if she did manage to wrap her in something and storms claustrophobia took affect, then dont you think that would make storm that much more dangerous. When she was in a holding cell before, her powers took complete control of her and she turned into a being with lighting hair, fire and ice breath(ice breath able to freeze solid in a matter of seconds, by the way) Then would ms. marvel be able to handle her. And please let us not forget that storm can also absorb energy as well. Once when in space she took on the natural energy of the surrounding stars and planets-cant remember what exactly she used that power for but the point is she is a formidible foe even for the Phoenix, the Hulk and many others so dont rule her out with a curbstomp.
#20 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
Okay you do have to admit that Ms.Marvel is a formidable foe with the who energy projectile thing, but if she did manage to wrap her in something and storms claustrophobia took affect, then dont you think that would make storm that much more dangerous. When she was in a holding cell before, her powers took complete control of her and she turned into a being with lighting hair, fire and ice breath(ice breath able to freeze solid in a matter of seconds, by the way) Then would ms. marvel be able to handle her. And please let us not forget that storm can also absorb energy as well. Once when in space she took on the natural energy of the surrounding stars and planets-cant remember what exactly she used that power for but the point is she is a formidible foe even for the Phoenix, the Hulk and many others so dont rule her out with a curbstomp."
Last time she panicked from claustrophobia, Storm started using her powers erratically. I think should that happen, it would be a huge benefit to Ms. Marvel. Also if Storm was to turn into that ascended form, her entire being would be subject to Ms. Marvel's absorption abilities. Let's not forget that Ms. Marvel soaks up ambient energy. Storm changing into that would most certainly cause Ms. Marvel to go into Binary. Then it would be all over.
#21 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is an awesome character. Not only one of my favorites, but extremely dangerous in a fight as well. But she is going up against a character that can absorb her very best attacks and the lesser attacks would be ineffective against Ms. Marvel.

#22 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

erik said:

"Slight said:
Okay you do have to admit that Ms.Marvel is a formidable foe with the who energy projectile thing, but if she did manage to wrap her in something and storms claustrophobia took affect, then dont you think that would make storm that much more dangerous. When she was in a holding cell before, her powers took complete control of her and she turned into a being with lighting hair, fire and ice breath(ice breath able to freeze solid in a matter of seconds, by the way) Then would ms. marvel be able to handle her. And please let us not forget that storm can also absorb energy as well. Once when in space she took on the natural energy of the surrounding stars and planets-cant remember what exactly she used that power for but the point is she is a formidible foe even for the Phoenix, the Hulk and many others so dont rule her out with a curbstomp."
Last time she panicked from claustrophobia, Storm started using her powers erratically. I think should that happen, it would be a huge benefit to Ms. Marvel. Also if Storm was to turn into that ascended form, her entire being would be subject to Ms. Marvel's absorption abilities. Let's not forget that Ms. Marvel soaks up ambient energy. Storm changing into that would most certainly cause Ms. Marvel to go into Binary. Then it would be all over."

Good point, but still, that is only hypothetical. Anyways fighting wise Storm has demonstrated that she is definatley good, never really seen Ms. marvel fight-not saying she cant just never picked any issues she was in-. And the wind factor... Storm could create gale force wind which if I'm not mistaken would do some real damage no mater how much energy Ms. marvel threw at her. And the terrential rain that Storm could create might slow her down, ..... I dont know who would win, but all I am saying is that it would most definatley not be a curbstomp.

#23 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Mrs.Marvel wins with ease.   The only way that Storm could win is if they were fighting on a planet with extreme weather, Like the Gas Giants,  Lets see, Neptune has The winds but Jupiter Has the lightning.   And thats only if Mrs.Marvel doesn't knock her head off first or bring her to the cores of said planets, *not sure if she could withstand the extreme heat though*  Could Mrs.Marvel withstand Jupiter's lightning bolts which are anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 times stronger than earth's.  I think she can, so even on other planets Storm will probably lose, Or maybe Mrs.Marvel takes it to a planet with No weather, Like Mercury, Where the Sun burnt all but a trace of it's atmosphere when it began to expand and heat up. 

#24 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait can Storm only influence planetary weather?  If so, is it limited to only earth's weather?  Can she influence things like Solar Winds, Solar Flares, or Even Solar storms?  Can she control galactic nebulae?  Or is it limited to just the weather of the planets? 

#25 Posted by King Saturn (224444 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Mrs.Marvel wins with ease.   The only way that Storm could win is if they were fighting on a planet with extreme weather, Like the Gas Giants,  Lets see, Neptune has The winds but Jupiter Has the lightning.   And thats only if Mrs.Marvel doesn't knock her head off first or bring her to the cores of said planets, *not sure if she could withstand the extreme heat though*  Could Mrs.Marvel withstand Jupiter's lightning bolts which are anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 times stronger than earth's.  I think she can, so even on other planets Storm will probably lose, Or maybe Mrs.Marvel takes it to a planet with No weather, Like Mercury, Where the Sun burnt all but a trace of it's atmosphere when it began to expand and heat up. "
Hey... you finally posted something on topic in the Battle Thread

LOL
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Storm doesn't suffocate in space....and no she wouldn't so that."
Who told you this? You must be referring to the time her and the Fantastic Four were in space. They had minature breathing apparati on their forearms. Without it, she wouldn't be able to sustain herself in space.
#27 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Mrs.Marvel wins with ease.   The only way that Storm could win is if they were fighting on a planet with extreme weather, Like the Gas Giants,  Lets see, Neptune has The winds but Jupiter Has the lightning.   And thats only if Mrs.Marvel doesn't knock her head off first or bring her to the cores of said planets, *not sure if she could withstand the extreme heat though*  Could Mrs.Marvel withstand Jupiter's lightning bolts which are anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 times stronger than earth's.  I think she can, so even on other planets Storm will probably lose, Or maybe Mrs.Marvel takes it to a planet with No weather, Like Mercury, Where the Sun burnt all but a trace of it's atmosphere when it began to expand and heat up. "

LOL
"
Well can you answer my question?
#28 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel for the win.

#29 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has been shown to create atomstpheres where they were none before... but Storm isn't just a lightning thrower, She wields all of natures forces, ie, Absorbing the suns energy. I don't think Ms. Marvel would be able to withstand 10, 000 x the power of lightning though, all I am saying is that Storm is not to be taken lightly by anyone.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224444 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:

LOL
"
Well can you answer my question?"
Well I havent seen Storm control Galactic Nebulae... not totally sure if Storm can control Solar Flares or Solar Storms I think she can
#31 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:

LOL
"
Well I havent seen Storm control Galactic Nebulae... not totally sure if Storm can control Solar Flares or Solar Storms I think she can"
What about Solar wind?   And the weather of other planets?  Would she be nullified on places without atmospheres? *mercury and pluto during the winter*
#32 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

When Dreadnaught on vine Why do feel like :

caption
#33 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not control but she has been shown to absorb planetary energies and the energy of stars, of course she died in the process but that was only because she did not release that energy, and there has to be a limit to how much Energy Ms, Marvel can absorb right, if so storm might be able to overload her..

#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"When Dreadnaught on vine Why do feel like :
caption
"
Because your still too lacking in post count for me to be very nice to you or consider your opinion valid. 
#35 Posted by King Saturn (224444 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:

LOL
"
Well I havent seen Storm control Galactic Nebulae... not totally sure if Storm can control Solar Flares or Solar Storms I think she can"
What about Solar wind?   And the weather of other planets?  Would she be nullified on places without atmospheres? *mercury and pluto during the winter*"
Well she can control some aspects of weather on other planets...
#36 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

One hit..is all it takes.Ms.Marvel wins.

#37 Posted by King Saturn (224444 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"One hit..is all it takes.Ms.Marvel wins."
Yep
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"Maybe not control but she has been shown to absorb planetary energies and the energy of stars, of course she died in the process but that was only because she did not release that energy, and there has to be a limit to how much Energy Ms, Marvel can absorb right, if so storm might be able to overload her.."

I don't think Ms. Marvel has a limit. I think she becomes Binary once she absorbs too much....

Also, I don't think Storm's powers can work without an atmosphere. There was a comic where she was able to do that, but the comic was re-released and her ability to do so was retconned so she couldn't do that. She has power over the atmosphere, but not the power to make one.

#39 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

alright but at the same time wouln't you agree that Storm still is formidable, Storm can use more than lightning, wich she uses most often because it usually does the trick, but for someone with the ability to absorb that power, Storm would have to use non energy attack right. So what about wind-gale force, wich she did use to defeat the hulk if I am correct-cant remember- or torential rain wich woud bog down Ms. marvel and then storm would have the chance to Lower the tempurature to freezing wich ultimatley would stop Ms.Marvel.

I know that Ms. Marvel is strong in all different kinds of ways but so is storm. All I am saying is that it would not take just one hit to knock her out. First of all I Storm is an excelent strategist and would realize that Ms.Marvel is formidable, dont you think that storm would do her best to evade her.

#40 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Ms. Marvel does go Binary when she absorbs enough energy. There is a lot of ambient energy in space so should the fight take place in space, Storm would be fighting Binary more than likely. As I had said before, Storm is an awesome character and a dangerous one at that. She is just outclassed in this fight. Her powers just benefit Ms. Marvel too much.

#41 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"alright but at the same time wouln't you agree that Storm still is formidable, Storm can use more than lightning, wich she uses most often because it usually does the trick, but for someone with the ability to absorb that power, Storm would have to use non energy attack right. So what about wind-gale force, wich she did use to defeat the hulk if I am correct-cant remember- or torential rain wich woud bog down Ms. marvel and then storm would have the chance to Lower the tempurature to freezing wich ultimatley would stop Ms.Marvel.

I know that Ms. Marvel is strong in all different kinds of ways but so is storm. All I am saying is that it would not take just one hit to knock her out. First of all I Storm is an excelent strategist and would realize that Ms.Marvel is formidable, dont you think that storm would do her best to evade her."
Storm has no defense and that's why Ms.Marvel wins.Also..Storm cannot freeze Ms.Marvel..she is too fast and Storm can't drop the temperature that fast.Unlike Thor her powers aren't magic so she is controlling the actual weather...rather than using magic.
#42 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Ms. Marvel taking for the win on this battle. Because of the following factors:
1)physical strength
2)super speed....i know Storm is fast but Ms. Marvel is faster.
3)durability... Ms. Marvel can take a lot of hits but Storm's body can only take so much.

#43 Posted by Rapist (182 posts) - - Show Bio

ms marvel

#44 Posted by Kid Crow (271 posts) - - Show Bio
Ms. Marvel for the win.  She is highly trained in battle-tactics, can absorb energy and truth be told, if Storm takes one hit from our Blonde Bombshell, Storm falls from the sky like a dead fly.
#45 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Marvel..speed blitz.One punch.

#47 Posted by Charmed12 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm summoned the power of the galactic core. She was the only one that there that could host eternity. She can create winds that are strong enough to send her flying so you bitches keep talking about storm like shes a hoe i will personally see to thAT she creates a wind that blow yo azz away

Charmed

#48 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmed12 said:
"Storm summoned the power of the galactic core. She was the only one that there that could host eternity. She can create winds that are strong enough to send her flying so you bitches keep talking about storm like shes a hoe i will personally see to thAT she creates a wind that blow yo azz away   Charmed "

tellem XDD
#49 Posted by Charmed12 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#50 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

ms marvel ftw here