#1 Edited by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has been brainwashed by a powerful witch and thinks Magneto has killed all the X-Men so she is now blood lusted and wants to kill him 
Magneto doesn't want to kill Storm and he is unaware that she wants to kill him
No prep time
They fight in NYC
They will start 20 feet apart
Magneto can win by knockout or battle field removal and Storm can win by killing Magneto, battle field removal, or knocking him out

#2 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with Storm bloodlust.  MAGNETO stumps.
#3 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto wins this. storm has never defeated magneto without the x-men's help. the man has taken on the x-men, the ff, and the avengers by himself. storm doesn't stand a chance here.
#4 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins

#5 Posted by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
magneto wins this. storm has never defeated magneto without the x-men's help. the man has taken on the x-men, the ff, and the avengers by himself. storm doesn't stand a chance here.
Storm has never wanted to kill Magneto before.
#6 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW28
i still don't think she can pull this off.
#7 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto stomps.
#8 Posted by Dragonhear5000 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

No chance for storm
#9 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, easily.

#10 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

*The temperature within Magneto just dropped about 200 degrees. Rendering him useless.*

#11 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can just trap her in a box of metal that is small. Considering she is scared of small spaces. She would faint in fear.
#12 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: Luckily Magneto heated it up using ultraviolet rays!
#13 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Hooded Hero said:
Magneto can just trap her in a box of metal that is small. Considering she is scared of small spaces. She would faint in fear.
She's not really all that claustrophobic anymore.she still has weakness to it,but she doesn't freak out like she used too.She's more calmer and thinks her way through. 

Besides Storm has come close to killing him.I say if Ororo can get the drop on him before he drops her she can kill him instantly.Also with more experience and new found feat she's displayed over the years,i think she could stalemate him. 
 I mean they haven't had a solo stand off in decades =P 
Shes more experienced and more powerful now,she's also younger than he.Not saying Age affects the Master of Magnetism,but he isn't a spring chicken anymore,and like Storm, Eric's powers depends on the will of his body. 

Storm could possibly ware him out,or vice versa.
#14 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@Storm Calling: Luckily Magneto heated it up using ultraviolet rays!
Scan?
#15 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto won already. 

STORM NEEDS A TEAM TO BEAT MAGNETO!

#16 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne
Magneto has never beaten her with those stipulations.
#17 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling said:
@tron_bonne: Magneto has never beaten her with those stipulations.
Because her team is backing her up and Scott keeps on talking and talking trying to persuade Magneto to "stop or more innocent people will get hurt." speeches.  Have you ever notice when the X-Men fight Magneto, they try to talk him out of it? This is a distraction.... And I'm surprised it's been working for the passed 40 years!! *Rips hair off*
#18 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: @Storm Calling: Nope! I got nothing lol But I think it makes sense since Magneto's power evolves around light, heat, etc. etc.

Also this fight has been done before and Magneto won
#19 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne said:
@Storm Calling said:
@tron_bonne: Magneto has never beaten her with those stipulations.
Because her team is backing her up and Scott keeps on talking and talking trying to persuade Magneto to "stop or more innocent people will get hurt." speeches.  Have you ever notice when the X-Men fight Magneto, they try to talk him out of it? This is a distraction.... And I'm surprised it's been working for the passed 40 years!! *Rips hair off*
She faced him one on one in UXM 121 and 150. The team wasn't involved in the battle in neither instance. In fact it was Magneto who brought one of the team members in to take Storm out of the battle in 150. In 121 she stopped her cold attack just before it was about to kill him and allowed him time to recover.

@PikminMania
Not the same stipulations as the other battle. Magneto won't kill Storm and Storm is flat out trying to kill him off the bat. The original reason most thought she would lose was because she wouldn't be willing to do anything lethal against him at the start of the battle.
#20 Posted by The Man of Tomorrow (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins. 

#21 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto curbstomps. 

#22 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Hooded Hero said:
She has bested her claustrophobia these days, putting her in a box a metal wouldn't do squat or hold her for very long.
#23 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of wether or not Storm is bloodlusted; Once she dares attempt to assault him ... he will do whatever is necessary to end this fight and will succeed.  
Magneto is not the forgiving type.
#24 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: Magneto will once he learns Storm is out for his head. I'm surprised people are actually debating this, it takes all the X-men to temporially take down Mags, so Storm shouldn't be able to do it. Lightning is useless in this battle, and the wind won't be able to break his force field.
#25 Edited by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:

@Storm Calling: Magneto will once he learns Storm is out for his head. I'm surprised people are actually debating this, it takes all the X-men to temporially take down Mags, so Storm shouldn't be able to do it. Lightning is useless in this battle, and the wind won't be able to break his force field.

Storm fought him one on one in just about every encounter they had, the team basically sat back and watched them battle. The only time Magneto bested an X-men team consisting of Storm was when they were inexperienced against him and he received data from the Red Skull about all of their strengths and weaknesses, and he still eventually lost the second battle they had. Storm could have killed him in UXM #112 with a cold attack and Magneto admitted it himself. But she reneged at the last moment and allowed Magneto to recover from her attack.  The same thing happened in UXM 150 when she reneged on killing him in his sleep.

He cannot compensate for a severe temperature drop in his body heat, and Storm can kill him that way. There won't be any morals here, so no holding back at the last moment if she's out to kill Magneto...
#26 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne said:
Magneto won already. 

STORM NEEDS A TEAM TO BEAT MAGNETO!

QFT.
#27 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:

Why are you trying to debate with a Storm fanboy. You know how nonsensical they are.
#28 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: The scans speak for themselves

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling said:

The first scan ment nothing. And the second one was PIS. A blizzrd can break Mag's sheild when Thor and Phoenix couldn't. Yeah right. Magneto CURBSTOMPS. Like I said, Storrm needs A TEAM to challenge Magneto.
#30 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@Storm Calling said:

The first scan ment nothing. And the second one was PIS. A blizzrd can break Mag's sheild when Thor and Phoenix couldn't. Yeah right. Magneto CURBSTOMPS. Like I said, Storrm needs A TEAM to challenge Magneto.
When did it say it broke his shield?
#31 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL that Shield thing is killing me! XD

#32 Posted by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
Why are you trying to debate with a Storm fanboy. You know how nonsensical they are.
Stop calling people fanboys just because they don't agree with you. I've noticed you've done that on several threads. Storm Calling has posted scans and reasons as to how Storm can win. You haven't done the same for Magneto, all you've done is quote what someone posted, so  that would make you the fanboy.
#33 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW28 said:
@PikminMania said:
Stop calling people fanboys just because they don't agree with you. I've noticed you've done that on several threads. Storm Calling has posted scans and reasons as to how Storm can win. You haven't done the same for Magneto, all you've done is quote what someone posted, so  that would make you the fanboy.

1. I've already debated why Magneto wins.
2. That makes me a fanboy? How? Fanboy of what?
#34 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW28: Do not worry, he has clearly resulted to name calling because he has no argument on his end. When they get like that it's usually best to ignore them...
#35 Posted by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: 1. Where have you debated he wins?
2.  You're a fanboy because you accuse other people of being fanboys when you don't even debate on the thread, you say people are fanwanking characters because there choice is different to yours and I've seen you accuse members of being the same person just because you can't debate properly.

This is what you posted to me, after I gave reasons as to how the team I was debating for, would win.
@WW28 said:

Team 1 stomps! Each superhero could give Magneto a run for his money on their own. Storm could get him with herwhirlwind, Dazzler could use her fog so Magneto would have trouble seeing them and then Starfire could use her starbolts to finish him off.   Magneto loses.

Fail. Magneto slaughters them all. If you and Femmafatale (which I KNOW are the same person) gonna fan wank charators on the Battle threads, then please GTFO.
#36 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW28 said:
@venomoushatred1001: 1. Where have you debated he wins?
2.  You're a fanboy because you accuse other people of being fanboys when you don't even debate on the thread, you say people are fanwanking characters because there choice is different to yours and I've seen you accuse members of being the same person just because you can't debate properly.

This is what you posted to me, after I gave reasons as to how the team I was debating for, would win.

@WW28

said:

Team 1 stomps! Each superhero could give Magneto a run for his money on their own. Storm could get him with herwhirlwind, Dazzler could use her fog so Magneto would have trouble seeing them and then Starfire could use her starbolts to finish him off.   Magneto loses.

Fail. Magneto slaughters them all. If you and Femmafatale (which I KNOW are the same person) gonna fan wank charators on the Battle threads, then please GTFO.

1. Again That doesn't make me a fanboy. I 

2. I called you fanboys because you debate and reason like a fanboy. 

3. I'm done debating you because I've already debated with you to futile results. G'day. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST!
#37 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001:   

I called you fanboys because you debate and reason like a fanboy. 

That didn't make any sense.You really shouldn't have called StormCalling a fanboy,he didn't do anything.He debated logically and had scans to back his claim. 
 WW28 is kind of right.You are being a jerk dude, just stop it.It seems to me that you cant compensate with any comeback or counter argument,so you go off name calling. -_-
#38 Posted by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: 1. Actually, your right. That makes you a troll.

2. No, you called us fanboys because you couldn't counter any of our points. You haven't even debated on this thread, so you had no right to call Storm Calling a fanboy.

3. I'll respond to any post I want. I made the thread. You didn't even debate with me, you just said my posts were ridiculous.
#39 Posted by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500: Thank you!
#40 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: Sorry for calling you a fanboy.

@Aqua11500 said:
@venomoushatred1001:   

I called you fanboys because you debate and reason like a fanboy. 

That didn't make any sense.You really shouldn't have called StormCalling a fanboy,he didn't do anything.He debated logically and had scans to back his claim.  WW28 is kind of right.You are being a jerk dude, just stop it.It seems to me that you cant compensate with any comeback or counter argument,so you go off name calling. -_-

1.That did make sense. 
2. I debated constantely with WW23, but him/her just can't accept when him/her favorite character losses. 
3. I guess apolgize for calling StormCalling a fanboy... 

#41 Edited by WW28 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: Lol. Go back and read through  the Storm, Dazzler and Starfire Vs Magneto thread. You didn't even debate. You accused me of trolling, you said my points were filled with stupidity and then you said I didn't know anything about the characters I was debating about after I posted that scan of Storm getting Magneto with a tornado, then you said you were done debating when you weren't debating in the first place.
#42 Posted by xVikkix (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto stomps! The storm fanboy here is what makes me hate the character!!

#43 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio
@xVikkix
It's post like your's that prove certain people are desperate and should stay out of the battle threads if he/she can't present an argument (if you can call that post an argument) beyond "....you're a fanboy...I hate the character...."...LOL...and have to cast insults that just demeans you! Disagreeing with the majority, especially when they provided a reasonable explanation, doesn't make someone a fanboy/girl.Either post an argument to counter what was presented or simply ignore it. People can agree to disagree. 

Anyway, I think Magneto would likely beat Storm, though she has attacks that can kill him if they connect. The cold attack she used on him before would have killed him had she not held back. Magneto's physical durability is not beyond the effects of the elements, and extreme sub-zero temp drops to his body heat would kill him. However, Magneto has been established to be above Storm in power and skill, and his force field will likely protect him from her attacks (with cold and electric based attacks amping his powers anyway), and his shields can handle attacks far more powerful than Storm's. If he gets his shield up, which he most likely would, I think he will win. Magneto 7-8/10. 
#44 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: I respect your opinion of the outcome and the arguments you put forth, I would however like to address a few points of my own to them.

I do not believe that Magneto has been established as above Storm in power, but I can agree with skill. Storm has much larger feats of raw power and control compared to Magneto and she has not needed devices such as his to handle this raw power; Dispersing hemisphere sized tempest, blizzards, and merging gamma rays with a global storm to shield the entire planet from a powerful sun blast, etc. This requires a large amount of raw power and control over electricity and temperature, far above anything that Magneto has done with his magnetic powers. He may have been able to boozle her a few times with his skill but that does not prove that he has the power to outrank Ororo in electric control and temperature, especially considering the circumstances.

As for his shields, there is no proof that they can intercept Storm's psionic link to control the weather. Therefore it has to be assumed that he cannot defend himself from her manipulating the weather on the inside of his shield, as we cannot just start giving him powers that have never been established. So I'm not seeing how it is likely that he would be able to defend against alot of her quick kill attacks, especially considering that he never really has in the past. A direct temperature attack, such as the one in worlds apart, would kill him instantly. He has no feats of countering his temperature psionically being dramatically lowered from within his body instantly and below 200 degrees to kill him. It is possible that he could counter the temperature drop with his electrical control, but Storm again outranks him in that. Even the scan on the previous page proved this when he was attacked by the blizzard and was unable to counter until he was amped up by a cold attack that Storm held back on. Clearly before he could have done that she would have killed him.

Magneto's shields cannot withstand all of Storm's attacks, UXM #150 proved this when she strained his magnetic powers altogether by forcing him to defend himself from being sucked up by her tornado winds. This left him completely helpless and unable to shield himself from having his oxygen sucked away from his lungs. People who are calling this PIS are completely ignoring her wind power feats, Sienna Blaze's electromagnetic explosion was countered and redirected by Storm's electrically charged winds, she has contained a nuke, leveled a skyscrapper, and redirected Cyclops' optic beams with her winds as well. There is no doubt in my mind that her wind power his a match for his Magnetic powers, and feats are there to prove it. Yes he was able to boozle her again with Colossus but this can merely be chalked up to inexperience and lack of skill at the time, in later issues a snow ball cannot even be connected with her.

#45 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@WW28 said:

@venomoushatred1001: Lol. Go back and read through the Storm, Dazzler and Starfire Vs Magneto thread. You didn't even debate. You accused me of trolling, you said my points were filled with stupidity and then you said I didn't know anything about the characters I was debating about after I posted that scan of Storm getting Magneto with a tornado, then you said you were done debating when you weren't debating in the first place.

It's not like he was wrong.

#46 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

my problem with this is that storm has never ever defeated magneto by herself. she has always had help. and he has smacked her down many times.
#47 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: You have very good points and agree with all of them, especially with the potential that she could manipulate the elements inside his shield. I'd love for this to be explored at some point. I should have been more clear in my post. Not basing my opinion so much on power showings but more on my opinion that it was Marvel's intention of having him be above all of the X-Men in terms of power and skill (i.e. - most powerful mutant of all). They never allowed any of the X-Men to best him one-on-one, even when they could. Storm has removed the moisture from air around Magneto to slowly weaken him (imagine if she did this to him without morals?), Psylocke got the drop on him once and he somehow managed to muster the power to neutralize her, Kitty has phased an ice cicle into him and should have taken him down with that IMO due to the shock of this large object suddenly entering his body...but he absorbed the ice cicle/water (I think he did something to it molecularly) and Kitty was electrocuted by Magneto....2 times I onw believe... (when she was shown to once have Storm's lightning go right through her with no problem???). I just think Magneto was intended to be above all mutants (most omega level mutants don't have his power feats). 

EDITED
#48 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30
i agree with you here. magneto is intended to be a team buster. and one solo x-man is never going to take him down.
#49 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
@THUNDERBOLT30: i agree with you here. magneto is intended to be a team buster. and one solo x-man is never going to take him down..
 X-Man disagrees.
#50 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane
lol i have never condsidered x-man an x-man. not officially anyway. although i think he is about to join the new mutants.