Storm vs Guardians of the Galaxy

• 164 results
sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@maaask12: Of course, I'm agreeing with you here. I'm just saying that her and GOTG are at least paired in the reaction time feats. And no, I have no doubt that she would be one-shotted by a straight blast, the day she have more durability than a Templar or the likes that the Guardians have faced, even Thanos would beg for mercy to her. It's a great matchup, but still a speed contest, I'm pretty sure that @thunderbolt30 and @jhazzroucher can agree with me too, we had that debate before. :D

Considering that this is what Rocket's guns do to Super skrulls... I doubt Storm would tank a direct hit either and its not even his most powerful gun. Not saying Ororo wouldn't win in the end just that it isn't as easy or one-sided as some people seem to think here.

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Lord shoots her.

/end thread.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By butterflykyss

@maaask12 said:

@hiddenlight: Ok, since you said their weapons make Tony Starks look like crap. i guess they have a slightly chance of beating her....SLIGHTLY CHANCE

But still I have to ask, what are the best reaction time feats for Storm? Because from what I know, physical-wise she still is a meta-human of low level, consider that the Guardians casually fought beings that have way faster reaction time than that, most of them (Except for Groot and Drax maybe) have an insane aim and are above the "peak human" standard. Sometimes, it's all about who pulls the trigger first. And considering also that she wouldn't one-shot Drax and Groot (I actually don't think that she will put Groot down in less than a minute, he is fire-proof and survived harmless in the vacuum of space next to absolute zero many times), they wouldn't stop firing at her, and there are no protection fields that she can produce that will block a laser beam with the radius of a semi-truck. This situation is the same that if we put Storm against a bloodlusted Spider-Man and they started the fight 5 meters from each other, of course Storm is way more powerful than Spider-Man, but she wouldn't have time to react to him at that distance and Spider would get the majority.

Storm has a fast reaction time. She has been able to react and counter living lightning attack:

No Caption Provided

Storm blocking and reflecting bullets at point blank range:

No Caption Provided

@maaask12 said:

@hiddenlight: And you think that their little guns can out beat storm massive wind barrier.

No Caption Provided

Most of their weapons are laser beams, her wind barrier isn't blocking that, it's good against projectiles, but lasers would pass straight for that. And even their "guns" were powerful enough to hurt templars and they even one-shotted Thanos (A weakened one, but still, a Thanos) with just one shot of one of the guns in their deposit, a wind barrier isn't blocking that (And she wouldn't have time to raise one in time).

Storm has been able to deflect energy not only with her lightning but with her winds as well:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

storm wins here

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Being a bullet-timer still keeps her in the edge that I said before, and within the reach of the members of the GOTG, I read those issues lol, Captain America deflects bullets and energy beams with his shield all the time but I should mention that she isn't exactly reacting to the Living Lighning though, she is manipulating him with his powers in that issue, still a really cool feat, but not for what matters here. There are too many things to consider, in the OP there's no information, so this is "In character" by the rules and they want to drop the other character. Also, a random encounter, she doesn't know about them nor them know about her, she isn't inverted by the Axis anymore, she wouldn't let loose on them while Rocket Raccoon and Drax for example wouldn't mind to shot her straight up, it was debated time over time, she can bend and disperse most of the projectiles that are launched at them (Including bullets), but as you've shown, Cyclops with his visors on could overwhelm her defenses, and while insanely powerful, they aren't that impressive compared to what the guardians can bring to the game (A single shot from one of Rocket Raccoon guns dropped a being that was shrugging off blasts from all the Annihilators and the other Guardians combined). While bloodlusted and With previous knowledge? OF COURSE Storm would have the majority, she is a Omega-level Mutant after all, but under those circunstancies, it's all about "who shots first", you are talking like the GOTG technology is just a step beyond the one in earth when a single blast from one of their foes completely destroyed Iron Man most advanced armour at the moment, and Rocket laughed and called it primitive. Even the little Raccoon survived really powerful energy blasts, shots and a blitz from Gladiator in the past (Thanks to his suit of course).

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By butterflykyss

@hiddenlight:

1.)So living lightning is attacking her and if his name is true to how he behaves in combat he would be moving really fast. Her being able to counter this I think is something that indicates how ability to react.

2.) Storm can see "energy" as a second sight. Anything that raccoon would fire storm would be able to see before and could dodge and or redirect by putting up a wind shield or cover her total being with lightning. Additionally, Storm's powers work in less than a conscious thought and she could cover the area with a pea soup fog well before either of them could think to pull the trigger, or use the sand of the sahara to blind them and or prevent them for breathing, and/or bfr the others who would not be taken out by some of her go to attacks.

3.) Storm isn't technically an omega just potential but was confirmed as Omega off panel by Willow Wilson. It has to be confirmed on panel.

4.) Storm powers don't have to attack an opponent outside. She was able to freeze a lock inside it's internal mechanism to break it. The same is applicable for her opponents here. She could flash freeze them inside their suits or trunk skin to take them out of the match all in less than a conscious thought. The team is outmatched here

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maaask12: Of course, I'm agreeing with you here. I'm just saying that her and GOTG are at least paired in the reaction time feats. And no, I have no doubt that she would be one-shotted by a straight blast, the day she have more durability than a Templar or the likes that the Guardians have faced, even Thanos would beg for mercy to her. It's a great matchup, but still a speed contest, I'm pretty sure that @thunderbolt30 and @jhazzroucher can agree with me too, we had that debate before. :D

Pretty much agreed. I think this fight has a strong quick draw component to it and that the GotG durability and weapons should not be underestimated. From what you described if they hit Storm it is a one-shot hitter quitter.

@butterflykyss: Being a bullet-timer still keeps her in the edge that I said before, and within the reach of the members of the GOTG.... I should mention that she isn't exactly reacting to the Living Lighning though, she is manipulating him with his powers in that issue, still a really cool feat, but not for what matters here. There are too many things to consider, in the OP there's no information, so this is "In character" by the rules and they want to drop the other character. Also, a random encounter, she doesn't know about them nor them know about her, she isn't inverted by the Axis anymore, she wouldn't let loose on them while Rocket Raccoon and Drax for example wouldn't mind to shot her straight up, it was debated time over time, she can bend and disperse most of the projectiles that are launched at them (Including bullets), but as you've shown, Cyclops with his visors on could overwhelm her defenses, and while insanely powerful, they aren't that impressive compared to what the guardians can bring to the game (A single shot from one of Rocket Raccoon guns dropped a being that was shrugging off blasts from all the Annihilators and the other Guardians combined). While bloodlusted and With previous knowledge? OF COURSE Storm would have the majority, she is a Omega-level Mutant after all, but under those circunstancies, it's all about "who shots first", you are talking like the GOTG technology is just a step beyond the one in earth when a single blast from one of their foes completely destroyed Iron Man most advanced armour at the moment, and Rocket laughed and called it primitive. Even the little Raccoon survived really powerful energy blasts, shots and a blitz from Gladiator in the past (Thanks to his suit of course).

A couple of things...

1. The bold is not true. I have that Moon Knight Infinity Crusade tie-in issue and Storm is NOT controlling Living Lightning. No page in that story showed her controlling him. This is the only page they are seen in combat and she flat out countered the lightning bolt he fired at her, so it does count here.

2. Fully agree that the OP should have more details because there are factors, such as starting distance, RR's weapons, what standard gear for the team is present, etc, could make a significant difference. I don't think RR and Drax being willing to go for the kill from the start would make a difference though. X-Villains have tired to kill Storm right from the start (i.e. - the Mauraders) and they still lose.

3. Can you post the durability feats of RR's suit and his guns blasting power?

I was checking out this respect thread for RR because some of the feats you mentioned sounded really impressive, but not as much when I saw some of the scans:

http://www.comicvine.com/rocket-raccoon/4005-32814/forums/what-no-rocket-raccoon-respect-thread-1493497/

For example is the one you mentioned about him taking a shot from Gladiator and his suit handled it with not problem the same one in this thread where Kallark is not actually not attacking them and takes off to go help Lilandra (from War of Kings, which I think I have)? If it is then I think what you stated is not an accurate description of what happened. Gladiator did blitz them in the sense he darted past them at a high speed but it was not even a focused attack, and it looks like the speed at which he darted past them blew them (Rocket and Rachel) back vs him actually hitting RR.

And are his standard guns what I am seeing in the Accuracy and Equipments section?

And does Drax or Gamora actually and regularly use their jetpack for their combat prowess like Rocket (these two + flight are the main threats IMO)?

3. Storm has redirected and countered mutliple forms of energy with her wind and lightning (Cyclops beam, Cerebro's energy, Polaris's, EM energy, etc.). I agree that there is obviously a limit to how much energy she can counter, but really depends on the raw power the energy contains. Do you have some scans of what the intensity of RR's blasts are? I didn't find much in the respect thread but I am sure there is more for him than what is in there. Being able to hurt highly durable characters doesn't mean it couldn't be countered so while I find hurting Thanos is impressive that doesn't mean the attack couldn't be countered.

@sodamyat said:

Star Lord shoots her.

/end thread.

Star Lord would get owned. He's just fortunate he has his team with him.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By sinikettu

@thunderbolt30: I'd call Ororo using wind to veer off laser or other molecular energy types as total WIS according to the actual physics... Plasma and other solid matters might be more plausibly affected by heavy winds.

I could probably find you a couple of scans to show RR's toughness though I doubt it would be a key-factor in winning here.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By sinikettu

@sinikettu: Now a lot of people have noted how that Gladiator frame doesn't prove anything about Rocket's actual toughness, so I dug up another more clear & conclusive scan about how much hit he can take. It still doesn't really matter to the fights conclusion...

No Caption Provided

Note how hard he hits on the craft and the only thing Rocket complains is Nova shooting at his gun.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Storm impervious to a bullet to the head? Because that's what would happen, both Peter and Rocket are good enough shots to do it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: see scans of storm blocking bullet with her winds

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guardians.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I'd call Ororo using wind to veer off laser or other molecular energy types as total WIS according to the actual physics... Plasma and other solid matters might be more plausibly affected by heavy winds.

I could probably find you a couple of scans to show RR's toughness though I doubt it would be a key-factor in winning here.

Well if we go into real world physics as they could/should apply to comics there are so many conflicts that we would find with many characters and how their powers and abilities are used, so it's really a mute observation.

I don't think it's WIS at all. Going by what Storm has done with consistency she has been able to consistently counter powerful energy with wind for decades (and with multiple writers taking that approach with her wind/air based abilities).

I don't think RR's durability is an issue here for Storm so far (Drax and Groot are in that dept), but I am definitely open to being convinced since I don't know much about the GotG. The scan of Nova tackling RR does not look hard at all and it didn't look like he hit that roof with much force to demonstrate his durability being a factor here.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By sinikettu

@thunderbolt30: Well you hit pretty hard if you bounce off from the surface you just hit like in that scan, and it really doesn't seem like Nova is holding back much not to mention that RR is dropped down from something like 20ft.

I don't think it's WIS at all. Going by what Storm has done with consistency she has been able to consistently counter powerful energy with wind for decades (and with multiple writers taking that approach with her wind/air based abilities).

Well if its consistent and not just one scan I've no problems with it being so. Even when I personally find it just stupid that air would do anything to photons of light or rays from radiation even when its about comics physics which are notoriously wonky.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: see scans of storm blocking bullet with her winds

I love that scan so much. :p

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Thanks, i was wondering when someone is gonna back me up lol.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Rocky snipes her.