#1 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm vs. Female Furies

(Lashina, Mad Harriet, Stompa & Gilotina)

-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation.

-Morals are off.

Battle-

-Storm must remain on the ground (no flying).

-Removal of air from lungs is not allowed.

-Battlefield removal is also not allowed.

-Both sides have no knowledge of each other.

-No preparation.

Gear-

-Standard for furies.

-Storm has been given an adamantium spear.

Location-

-High noon.

-No bystanders.

-Both sides start 100 feet apart.

#2 Posted by Saren (25058 posts) - - Show Bio

Furies murder her.

#3 Posted by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Furies murder her.

agree

#4 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

give storm her hammer stormcaster and this will be a hell of lot more fun

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

The Furies don't stand a chance against the Weather Witch.

#6 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

give storm her hammer stormcaster and this will be a hell of lot more fun

agree...

#7 Posted by Roddy010 (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has access to all her powers?

#8 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

Storm has access to all her powers?

of course.

she just cant fly & she cant remove the air out of there lungs.

it's a strange match up, but i feel her powerset will compensate for her lack of durability and other things.

#9 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

well, i guess storm could lightning blitz them or flash freeze them, and i love storm but im leaning towards the furies...

#10 Posted by Duchess (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

The Furies slaughter her.

#11 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666 said:

well, i guess storm could lightning blitz them or flash freeze them, and i love storm but im leaning towards the furies...

hmm, her lightning would sure be her bread & butter. her flash freezing could stall them, but im sure they'd be able to break out of the shell they've been encased in, due to there heritage of being New Gods (durability, invulnerability etc)

it'd be hard for her to focus her powers & utilize them with the furies coming at her (same as when the dora milaje did) but with morals off, storm would be coming into this differently. just want to see what everyone else thinks.

#12 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

furies ftw. these ladies go toe to toe with kryptonians and amazons.

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos:

Any information on the Furies? I have only seen them on the cartoon series. How durable are they? Speed? how strong?

#14 Posted by Duchess (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos:

Any information on the Furies? I have only seen them on the cartoon series. How durable are they? Speed? how strong?

They are Darkseid's guard and have proved challenging for Superman and Wonder Woman.

#15 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos:

They are Darkseid's guard and have proved challenging for Superman and Wonder Woman.

Thanks....O.O!

@Phylos: Could this be accidental spite then -__-...?

#16 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: never really seen it that way, but in some previous comments, it was asked if storm could be given the stormcaster. would that "un-spite" this match?

#17 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: Maybe. I don't know much about the Furies outside of what I have seen on the cartoon series. I know they are good h2h fighter, that they have fought Barda and WW, and I believe one of them can create earthquakes. If they can keep up with WW or Superman considering their combat speed, and since Storm can't fly here, I think they could get to her. Even if she created a fog to shroug the entire area and called down rain and lightning strobes they start only 100 ffet apart and one ofthem can create earthquakes to keep Storm off balance. With Stormcaster she gets the durability and endurance of an asgardian goddess (not sure to what level though) and would retain her skill with the control of the elements. She may have a better shot then.

#18 Edited by Storm Calling (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcaster doesn't have many feats. Though Storm was able to smite Hela and blast back Thor while using that hammer.

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Furies murder her.

Really? I'm no Storm fanboy (thank god) but I'd figure Storm has many ways of defeating these 4, Strength doesn't always equal victory
#20 Posted by GoldenStar66 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

According to rbysjti, Storm wins.

#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm will win either tornadoes or this.

#22 Edited by The Stegman (25970 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm wins, but she has to finish them quickly and not let them get closer than ten feet  

EDIT- just noticed Storm can't fly in the OP...in that case, i'm leaning toward the furies for this reason 

#23 Posted by Saren (25058 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is not beating people who are strong and fast enough to manhandle Kryptonians and Amazons.

#24 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

A one hit kill.......................... Storm dies.

#25 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

for a fair fight she needs to be able to fly and manipulate the air in their lungs...

#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

Stompa should solo,maybe Lashina too.

#27 Posted by Roddy010 (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if what everyone says is true than the Furies take this...

#28 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

Yeah I think it's just the limitations from the OP. Otherwise I think Storm would win.

#29 Posted by sa5m (2100 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

I thought the Lashina was beat by the Black Canary before. I am unsure she can solo
#30 Posted by Roddy010 (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Yeah I think it's just the limitations from the OP. Otherwise I think Storm would win.

True that...

#31 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Storm beating New Gods. . .

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@sa5m said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I thought the Lashina was beat by the Black Canary before. I am unsure she can solo

Canary and Catwoman used special whips.

#33 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Durability feats for Lashina?

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Durability feats for Lashina?

In Birds of Prey i believe she was withstanding hits from energy whips.

#35 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with Storm.

#36 Posted by Dernman (15678 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Furies murder her.

Oh the poor raindrops :p

#37 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Whether it would make a difference with Storm would depend a lot on how powerful the whips were. I don't doubt that Lashina is superhuman to some degree, but I believe Storm once totaled an Avengers Quinjet with a single lightning bolt. She can generate hurricane force winds that, at a minimum, should be able to physically hurl the Furies away from her a significant distance, making it difficult for them even as a group (let alone just Lashina) to actually get within striking distance. Plus she can bring down enough torrential rain and/or blizzard and/or fog, to render them virtually blind, deaf, and mute.

Stompa is obviously the toughest nut to crack, and if Storm can't levitate then Stompa's little ground tremors could be a problem, but I'm not sure what the range on those is, and I think she still has to aim at least somewhat. Storm still has heightened reflexes and is extremely agile, so I don't feel they are a guaranteed win by any means, and if Storm can keep juggling Stompa in the air with wind or pushing her further away than she can create shockwaves, it becomes a moot point.

Also, how well do the Furies hold up against cold? Being from Apokolips, you'd think they'd be better adapted to the heat, but I don't know that it has really come up before.

#38 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins. Not sure why would you take away her flying powers. Plus a 5vs1?

#39 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

Furies win with great ease. they have great teamwork and fighting skills. Granny Goodness would not keep them in her deck of arsenal for nothing

#40 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Furies murder her.

Really? I'm no Storm fanboy (thank god) but I'd figure Storm has many ways of defeating these 4, Strength doesn't always equal victory
of course, but these gals dont depend on strength alone. they have quickness and weapon skills on their side as well. sure storm can still use her powers, but it takes concentration and time for her to summon down lightning or cast winds, and the furies are just 30 meters away and will make contact in 1 second. take a look at this video

#41 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm can offer a variety of attacks but just one single hit from these ladies, she is a goner.

I will say 35% chance of Storm taking this fight for a win... and she has to move real fast with out being tagged.

#42 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:

Storm can offer a variety of attacks but just one single hit from these ladies, she is a goner.

I will say 350% chance of Storm taking this fight for a win... and she has to move real fast with out being tagged.

the furies have gals who are quick too u know? look at the video i posted previously for 1 of their fight scenes. they have great teamwork, as well as power, speed and skills on their side,no way storm could summon here powers because it takes time and concentration, and the furies are just 30 meters away. it will only take 1 second for them to make contact
#43 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

it takes concentration and time for her to summon down lightning or cast winds, and the furies are just 30 meters away and will make contact in less than 1 second
#44 Edited by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@jhazzroucher said:

it takes concentration and time for her to summon down lightning or cast winds, and the furies are just 30 meters away and will make contact in less than 1 second

I don't think they're fast enough. Storm's powers work faster especially when it's the opponent whose trying to get closer to her. Besides, Storm can always flashfreeze them.

#45 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@kcaz said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think they're fast enough. Storm's powers work faster especially when it's the opponent whose trying to get closer to her. Besides, Storm can always flashfreeze them.

they have team work,speed,power and skill on their side, their 1st move will probably be a dart throw and storm will have to dodge it, or block it, by then, she will be in a h2h combat.these ladies are strong,they even went toe to toe with wonder woman. check this video out to see 1 of their fight scene   
#46 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I have with this fight is that Storm doesn't have the durability to withstand an attack from the FF, if she had She-Hulk durability and strength, I could see her taking this....hold on

#47 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz:

Nope

#48 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher
nope, she will need a few seconds of concentration to summon down lightning
#49 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@jhazzroucher: nope, she will need a few seconds of concentration to summon down lightning

If that's how you say it, then i'll say it'll also take a few seconds for them to get near Storm. Storm has mastered her powers so she doesn't really need to concentrate but rather just think of it. So it'll only take less than a second to summon her power. Even I can think of something in less than a second. So do you and most people.

#50 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@kcaz said:

@jhazzroucher: nope, she will need a few seconds of concentration to summon down lightning

If that's how you say it, then i'll say it'll also take a few seconds for them to get near Storm. Storm has mastered her powers so she doesn't really need to concentrate but rather just think of it. So it'll only take less than a second to summon her power. Even I can think of something in less than a second. So do you and most people.

the furies will throw a dart at the start of the battle. she will have to dodge it. and of course she needs more than a second to summon her major attacks, thats why she always flies into the sky to do it, like u seen in the movies and cartoons.i'm talking about big attacks, not small ones. storm is at a disadvantage in this fight,against granny goodness's top dogs. if she could fly, she will win