Storm vs Cyclops (martial arts & h2h only)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

No powers, just hand to hand combat and martial arts skill. Who wins? Who's a better fighter? No fanboys please....

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By renamed040924

This is interesting. I'll be monitoring this thread.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HyperViper97

Hasn't storm gone h2h with black panther? There was some weirdness is avx but it sounds like it would happen

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJ62

@HyperViper Well, they had Cage hanging against Namor underwater in AvX. So I could make an argument for PIS with Storm hanging against Panther too. If we accept it as fact, then we must also accept Cyclops holding his own with Logan. (which many would say is PIS)

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By robertloucksjr

Cyclops, as skilled or close and much stronger with greater reach and bulk.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJ62

No other opinions on this?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pooty

@HyperViper97: @JJ62 said:

@HyperViper Well, they had Cage hanging against Namor underwater in AvX. So I could make an argument for PIS with Storm hanging against Panther too. If we accept it as fact, then we must also accept Cyclops holding his own with Logan. (which many would say is PIS)

Storm hanging with BP in H2H is PIS. But storm has many other H2H feats that put her above Cyke in my opinion. Forge shot Storm with a gun that took away her powers back in the day and storm beat super powered people in H2H including bricks and speedsters. She also kinda beat Cyke in H2H when Cyke had powers and she did not. More recently when she was married to Tchalla she beat some Wakandian warriors. it's not much but it's enough to give Storm the win until someone post H2H feats for Cyke.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

@pooty said:

Storm hanging with BP in H2H is PIS. But storm has many other H2H feats that put her above Cyke in my opinion. Forge shot Storm with a gun that took away her powers back in the day and storm beat super powered people in H2H including bricks and speedsters. She also kinda beat Cyke in H2H when Cyke had powers and she did not. More recently when she was married to Tchalla she beat some Wakandian warriors. it's not much but it's enough to give Storm the win until someone post H2H feats for Cyke.

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 202122

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@pooty said:

This.

This and Storm already beat Cyclops before in h2h to decide the leader of the X-men

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By New_World_Order

@202122: Even better, lol.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

@pooty said:

Are you talking about X-Men: Worlds Apart

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skaddix

Cage did not hang with Namor in AvX

Still Storm takes it

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dextersinister

@202122 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@pooty said:

This.

This and Storm already beat Cyclops before in h2h to decide the leader of the X-men

Incorrect all she managed to do was take off his visor forcing him to withdraw from the match for fear of killing someone with no powers or if he did have powers with his updated visor that wouldn't be an issue, it was also mentioned that he didn't actually want to be there he wanted to go to his wife and child.

Cyke should easily take this, he trains more than most X-Men, his personality actually matches up with one that is good in utilizing modern h2h techniques and he has the obvious weight advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 202122

Storm still won with better tactics, ingenuity and agility and if he had no interest to be there why fight?

also

How does ones personality match up with one that is good in utilising modern h2h techniques?

Storm wins, she won before she'd win again

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pooty

@Dextersinister: @202122 said:

Storm still won with better tactics, ingenuity and agility and if he had no interest to be there why fight?

also

How does ones personality match up with one that is good in utilising modern h2h techniques?

This. Cyke knew storm didn't have powers and he still tried to blast Storm. Its not that he didn't want to be there, he was conflicted as to whether he should be leader. Nevertheless, he showed up and fought. He still had powers and still didn't defeat her. Who he trained and his personality have little to do with this. Does he have any H2H feats?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dextersinister

@202122 said:

also

He was obligated, he was the leader and Storm was the only one to take to offer to take the reigns.

He's a methodical thinker with a highly developed sense of spacial awareness, technique is an incredibly important part of of modern fighting.

Storm has never actually beaten him in h2h no matter how much you wish it where true. Unless you have something better to add like some decent h2h scans Cyclop's take this with ease as he simply has much better h2h feats, he has gone at it with Wolverine on multiple occasions with no clear winner when Wolverine has had a much easier time flooring members of the Avengers, taking out a prison gang in consequences, a gang when when blind and is the teacher of most of the senior X-men in h2h. He has vastly more experience and training as he started at a much younger age.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'll get to this and the out of context stuff later.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

@god_spawn said:

Ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@god_spawn said:

I am aware that the X-Men are being controlled but it's still better than the basic beating nobodies that Storm has.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pooty

@Dextersinister said:

@god_spawn said:

I am aware that the X-Men are being controlled but it's still better than the basic beating nobodies that Storm has.

not only are they mind controlled but he is using his powers the entire time. Where are his showing with NO POWERS?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

@pooty said:

@Dextersinister said:

@god_spawn said:

not only are they mind controlled but he is using his powers the entire time. Where are his showing with NO POWERS?

I used it because it has some nice little mentions of how he utilizes his h2h abilities bar Wolverine and Nightcrawler everything else in that scan still counts which he does on top of using his powers so don't nitpick, not the greatest scan as it's dirt old and it's a terribly outdated writing style. I actually wanted the one where the Cuckoo's are reading his mind as he thinks out Sherlock Holmes style on how he will take down 2 dinosaurs in the danger room.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Rumble Man

Cyke better use a trashcan or a lead pipe

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Rumble Man

@Dextersinister: headbutting with that seems painful

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spiderbuck1

Cyclops.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Considering Cyclops was using his powers and against a team he knows the ins and outs of like the back of his hand are almost pointless. He knew their movies before they did for the most part and as for him "handling" Wolverine in h2h in the fight, it was important to point out Logan was in a severe funk ( I think from Proteus or something, can't remember) and under performing around that period of time.

As far as the Schism fight goes, almost similar in that Logan was underperforming (holding back a lot in that fight) and Cyclops was still using his powers for the most part.

None of Cyclops' h2h feats really put him over Storm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 202122

@Dextersinister said:

@202122 said:

also

He was obligated, he was the leader and Storm was the only one to take to offer to take the reigns.

He's a methodical thinker with a highly developed sense of spacial awareness, technique is an incredibly important part of of modern fighting.

Storm has never actually beaten him in h2h no matter how much you wish it where true. Unless you have something better to add like some decent h2h scans Cyclop's take this with ease as he simply has much better h2h feats, he has gone at it with Wolverine on multiple occasions with no clear winner when Wolverine has had a much easier time flooring members of the Avengers, taking out a prison gang in consequences, a gang when when blind and is the teacher of most of the senior X-men in h2h. He has vastly more experience and training as he started at a much younger age.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's using his powers in both scans no H2H skills, what being able to tackle someone from behind and then hitting him after blasting half his face off, yeah great job Cyclops. Storm has one of the best H2H teachers in Marvel (Black Panther) and apart from that her and Cyclops have had the exact same teachers, Storm has been able to beat heavier/stronger opponents like Callisto and the Crimson Hand so it's not like the physical advantage plays much of a role in this fight.

No i'm not a Storm fanboy so don't even start with me, i'm a Jason Todd fanboy...gosh get it right

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

@Rumble Man said:

@Dextersinister: headbutting with that seems painful

Imagine wearing that for the rest of your life.

@god_spawn said:

Considering Cyclops was using his powers and against a team he knows the ins and outs of like the back of his hand are almost pointless. He knew their movies before they did for the most part and as for him "handling" Wolverine in h2h in the fight, it was important to point out Logan was in a severe funk ( I think from Proteus or something, can't remember) and under performing around that period of time.

As far as the Schism fight goes, almost similar in that Logan was underperforming (holding back a lot in that fight) and Cyclops was still using his powers for the most part.

None of Cyclops' h2h feats really put him over Storm.

True one of them being Storm so that should be another advantage in his favour and at the end of the day it's still a feat of skill against multiple combatants with main character power while injured

There is no evidence that Wolverine wasn't trying his best, when claws are aimed at the head as was the case as in his fight against Cap it's clear the man wasn't holding back and there was no other fight connected to this one, the disconnect Wolverine has between his multiple titles is infamous. As is common for the character he was out to kill if need be.

I need more to work with than a simple she's better when she's up against a man who trains more, is much bigger than her, has actual showings in this thread and is a tactical genius who as shown is aware of the strengths and weaknesses of his own team.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Dextersinister:

True one of them being Storm so that should be another advantage in his favour and at the end of the day it's still a feat of skill against multiple combatants with main character power while injured

Yet you still ignored context and the basis of it in your argument is irrelevant.

There is no evidence that Wolverine wasn't trying his best, when claws are aimed at the head as was the case as in his fight against Cap it's clear the man wasn't holding back and there was no other fight connected to this one, the disconnect Wolverine has between his multiple titles is infamous. As is common for the character he was out to kill if need be.

Actually it is very clear. With Logan constantly retracting his claws and the fact he didn't just knock Summers out in one hit or disable him with one claw strike shows he was holding back. Logan is superhuman in strength and can easily kill a human with a single strike, not to mention he knows a plethora of nerve strikes. Cyclops may be more tactical and may know how Logan operates on a regular basis, but when all things are considered with Logan's skill, stats, and feats that completely stomps Cyclops's feats. Logan is smart himself and knows how Cyke operates as well. And if you think Summers even comes close to Wolverine level in h2h combat then there is something wrong with that and I don't quite frankly know what to tell you if you think Logan wasn't. It's clear as day he was holding back. Not my fault you can't tell.

need more to work with than a simple she's better when she's up against a man who trains more, is much bigger than her, has actual showings in this thread and is a tactical genius who as shown is aware of the strengths and weaknesses of his own team.

I would but when you're actually giving nothing that proves anything and ignoring context constantly, it isn't worth my time.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

And this has been done before. Locked for dupe.