#1 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

I've searched but couldn't find this even though it seems kinda obvious, maybe it's too onsided, I know the basics of storms power but I don't know the magnitude. Hope this thread will help me learn more though

#2 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm, I don't see how Black Lightning's powers would affect her.
#3 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning
#4 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Can BL fly?

#5 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm
#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz: Yea
#7 Edited by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz: 

Powers

Electrokinesis: can generate raw electricity which courses through his body, which he has learned to manipulate, control, to sense sources of electric energy, electricity and administer as a wide range of attacks with several uses; he can charge devices with electricity, and alternatively drain the energy from them into himself.

  • Electric Current Control: Black Lightening can choose to keep the electric energy that he currently holds in his body by controlling the Current and Voltage for whenever he wants to use it.
  • Electrical- Energy Absorption: He can also absorb the energy of electrical equipment such as a power plant to increase his powers further.
  • Electrical- Energy Projection: Ability to project his electricity through his hands to stun his enemies.
  • Flight: He can fly by charging his lower body with energy.
  • Force Field: He can also generate bulletproof force fields.
  • Electrical Form: He can even assume an electric form which he can use to travel quickly and discreetly. He can also glide over power lines by using the electricity contained therein for propulsion, and has on occasion been shown to actually ride on lightning bolts.
  • Electrical Tracking: he is able to track the resonance of a broadcast frequency to a location of where its coming from, but if its too subtle then he won't have much success.
  • Electronic Interaction
  • Electric Manipulation
  • Electric-Enhanced Strike

    Abilities

Peak Human Conditioning: Olympic-level Decathlete. Excelling as a athlete and gymnast.

Martial Arts Master: He is a originally a street fighter, but he no doubt honed his fighting skills under Batman's tutelage.

Expert Teacher: Jefferson is a highly educated and skilled teacher. Widely regarded as the number one teacher in the country. Jefferson is known to have single-handedly been the driving force in turning various decaying public education schools and facilities in various cities in country to the finest in the nation.

Strength level

Average for someone who trains rigorously. 
 
DC database
 
 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Lightning


#8 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Jx4gz: 

Powers

Electrokinesis: can generate raw electricity which courses through his body, which he has learned to manipulate, control, to sense sources of electric energy, electricity and administer as a wide range of attacks with several uses; he can charge devices with electricity, and alternatively drain the energy from them into himself.

  • Electric Current Control: Black Lightening can choose to keep the electric energy that he currently holds in his body by controlling the Current and Voltage for whenever he wants to use it.
  • Electrical- Energy Absorption: He can also absorb the energy of electrical equipment such as a power plant to increase his powers further.
  • Electrical- Energy Projection: Ability to project his electricity through his hands to stun his enemies.
  • Flight: He can fly by charging his lower body with energy.
  • Force Field: He can also generate bulletproof force fields.
  • Electrical Form: He can even assume an electric form which he can use to travel quickly and discreetly. He can also glide over power lines by using the electricity contained therein for propulsion, and has on occasion been shown to actually ride on lightning bolts.
  • Electrical Tracking: he is able to track the resonance of a broadcast frequency to a location of where its coming from, but if its too subtle then he won't have much success.
  • Electronic Interaction
  • Electric Manipulation
  • Electric-Enhanced Strike

    Abilities

Peak Human Conditioning: Olympic-level Decathlete. Excelling as a athlete and gymnast.

Martial Arts Master: He is a originally a street fighter, but he no doubt honed his fighting skills under Batman's tutelage.

Expert Teacher: Jefferson is a highly educated and skilled teacher. Widely regarded as the number one teacher in the country. Jefferson is known to have single-handedly been the driving force in turning various decaying public education schools and facilities in various cities in country to the finest in the nation.

Strength level

Average for someone who trains rigorously. 
 
DC database
 
 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Lightning


"
A simple yes would of done, but thank you anyway =)
#9 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see anything Storm could do that BL couldn't have already taken her out first. He can absorb her lightning. He can break Ice even if he is incased in it and has before. He can block her winds and he is fast enough to either overload her with electricity or electric punch ftw.
#10 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower:
she is immune to electricity.
#11 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. Black Lightning has greater control over electricity, but would that be enough to combat(and overcome) Storm's other offensive capabilities?
#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Orcid11 said:
"@Strafe Prower: she is immune to electricity. "

She can be overloaded with electricity. He has the power to do so. She has never faced someone of his calabur of control of electricity either.
#13 Edited by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jx4gz:
I figure i should let people know the extent of his electrical powers while i was at it.
@Orcid11: 
haha that makes things interesting....
#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Orcid11: No she's not
#15 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower:
She herself controls electricity, her brain is filled with electrical currents which make it hard for telepaths to break in. The only thing I see helping Black Lightning is his forcefields but Storm can surround the battlefield in fog and mist, preventing him from trying to knock her out and she can send hurricanes and F5 tornadoes at him.
#16 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth:
she has surges of lightning flow through her body, and her mind is filled with electrical currents.
#17 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Orcid11 said:
"@Strafe Prower: She herself controls electricity, her brain is filled with electrical currents which make it hard for telepaths to break in. The only thing I see helping Black Lightning is his forcefields but Storm can surround the battlefield in fog and mist, preventing him from trying to knock her out and she can send hurricanes and F5 tornadoes at him. "

He has the better control and has overloaded other manipulators as well.  It's not in character for her to do that first and that time she spends trying to hurt him with lightning or her other small attacks will cost her the match. He on the other hand will take her down fast.
#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Orcid11: Which is why Magneto hurt her with lightning?
#19 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this on the marvel database if it helps
 
 Weather Resistance: She seems unaffected by the weather, including lightning and temperature. While in the past, Storm has been attacked with (and harmed) by lightning/electric blasts she hasn't created herself, and almost overheated due to trying to adjust to violent weather, it appears that the more experienced she gets, the less the weather seems to harm her, both indirectly, and directly. This is further shown by her being able to reverse/counter electrically based attacks.
 
 http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ororo_Munroe_%28Earth-616%29

#20 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: 
  She's reversed electrical attacks from other characters and has been unaffected by other electrical attacks and she frequently has electricity flowing through her body. If Black Lightning attacks her with electricity she should be able to repel it from her or lessen the effects of it. She has much more at disposal than Black Lightning.
#21 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Orcid11: Which is why Magneto hurt her with lightning? "
Magneto hurting her(weaker version) is pis. It has been stated multiple times that she is IMMUNE to any direct elemental damage. Any of his attacks should be either absorbed or blocked or both.   Besides he doesn't even look like he has a fraction of Mags powers.
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Apparently all the posters seem to think that lightning is her only "powerful" weapon.  She has in the past turned electric users powers against them. I dont much about BL but he seems a little more powerful than Static. Now Storm can easily freeze him. His Force field takes time to summon and takes concentration and has only stopped things like bullets. Now from his "powers" post he can become a being of electricity. Good for him but what good will it do against a person who can become and channel powerful amounts of the stuff herself....Wonder if he can be overloaded..She overloaded Bishop...
#22 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Durability isn't a problem.
 
 
This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be.
#23 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?)
#24 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "

Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does.
#25 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans?
#26 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: 
I think he's getting that from the extent he can actually manipulate the electrical energies, I haven't seen much that says storm has that level of electrical manipulation. He also has encountered and fought many other lightning users. Not saying he will win though, I still don't know.
#27 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans? "

1. He can make his body electricity, she can't to my knowledge. 
2. He can absorb it which makes him stronger and he enjoys this 
3. He has also overpowered robots and other manipulators with the electricity he produces.
#28 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen anything proving that BL's control is greater than Storms...her control over lightning is absolute. She's used electricity to manipulate molecules, and more importantly, she has developed a greater level if not complete immunity to the elements she wields. Is his lightning more powerful? Not sure...but it wouldn't make a difference. She can perceive the type of energy he wields and can channel it in different ways (away from her for example), and she has other abilities that could level him.  In Astonishing she created a brief F5 tornado in a room to level her opponent, and a tornado to take out the x-men in world's apart, so it's not out of character for her to so this. She could even remove the air from his lungs or manipulate the air pressure in his ears, which caused severe pain to black panther. I don't think he could do much against Storm. 

#29 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans? "
1. He can make his body electricity, she can't to my knowledge. 2. He can absorb it which makes him stronger and he enjoys this 3. He has also overpowered robots and other manipulators with the electricity he produces. "
1.
 Became and traveled by lightning.


 Became it and destroyed a ship with some help.
2
 Used this as both an EMP and to boost he TP resistance




She uses it here to restore her "life essence"




3.
 Rad the blue boxes
3.She has used her lightning to completely knock out a room full of sentinels
#30 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
agreed.-
#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
"She can be overloaded with electricity. He has the power to do so. She has never faced someone of his calabur of control of electricity either. "
I don't think she can be overloaded. Well, not currently. 
 
#32 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans? "
1. He can make his body electricity, she can't to my knowledge. 2. He can absorb it which makes him stronger and he enjoys this 3. He has also overpowered robots and other manipulators with the electricity he produces. "
1.
Became and traveled by lightning.


Became it and destroyed a ship with some help.
2
Used this as both an EMP and to boost he TP resistance




She uses it here to restore her "life essence"

 

 


 
3.
Rad the blue boxes
3.She has used her lightning to completely knock out a room full of sentinels "

nice scans :) Then I see no way they beat each other. 
 
BTW, what does a F5 tornado do to pure electricity? nothing.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would demolish Black Lightning.

Moderator
#34 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Storm would demolish Black Lightning. "
tell me how.
@Static Shock said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
"She can be overloaded with electricity. He has the power to do so. She has never faced someone of his calabur of control of electricity either. "
I don't think she can be overloaded. Well, not currently.   "

Really? why would you say that?
#35 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans? "
1. He can make his body electricity, she can't to my knowledge. 2. He can absorb it which makes him stronger and he enjoys this 3. He has also overpowered robots and other manipulators with the electricity he produces. "
1.
Became and traveled by lightning.


Became it and destroyed a ship with some help.
2
Used this as both an EMP and to boost he TP resistance




She uses it here to restore her "life essence"




3.
Rad the blue boxes
3.She has used her lightning to completely knock out a room full of sentinels "
nice scans :) Then I see no way they beat each other.  BTW, what does a F5 tornado do to pure electricity? nothing. "
I think he meant the durability of BL(while not in electricity form?) is in question.
#36 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

I win.

#37 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
"

I win.

"
Dont you mean PheonixStorm..LOL.
-------------------------------------------------------
on a separate note I'm logging off PEACE may the storm-goddess be with you!!!!!!
#38 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"
Durability isn't a problem.
 
 This robot he destroyed was trading shots with kyrptonians. He has done other things like this and easily hurt Storm if need be. "
He destroyed it with electricity something Storm is immune to.  And like I said before whats stopping her from countering it with her own lightning. OR just turning his against him like he did Berzerker(spelling?) "
Like I previously stated, she could probably be overloaded before he is. He has a bit more control over it than she does. "
examples/scans? "
1. He can make his body electricity, she can't to my knowledge. 2. He can absorb it which makes him stronger and he enjoys this 3. He has also overpowered robots and other manipulators with the electricity he produces. "
1.
Became and traveled by lightning.


Became it and destroyed a ship with some help.
2
Used this as both an EMP and to boost he TP resistance




She uses it here to restore her "life essence"

 

 


 
3.
Rad the blue boxes
3.She has used her lightning to completely knock out a room full of sentinels "
nice scans :) Then I see no way they beat each other.  BTW, what does a F5 tornado do to pure electricity? nothing. "
I think he meant the durability of BL(while not in electricity form?) is in question. "

Not to mention he can travel outside of the F5 via lightning.
#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
Really? why would you say that? "
Well, I haven't seen her overloaded before. I did, however, see her overload Polaris.
#40 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
Really? why would you say that? "
Well, I haven't seen her overloaded before. I did, however, see her overload Polaris. "

No one has ever tried to my knowledge though. She hasn't ever proved that it couldn't happen.
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
No one has ever tried to my knowledge though. She hasn't ever proved that it couldn't happen. "
True. It's just my opinion.
#42 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower:
if he converts his body into electricity he falls into her domain, wouldn't be very wise of him.  
 
Storm has a wider variety of attacks and a high resistance to electricity not to mention control over it herself, she wins this.
#43 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Orcid11: 
I agree she wins, but I highly doubt she'd have any control over him if he turned into electricity
#44 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower:
she could remove all the oxygen from his vicinity and his lungs while constantly barraging him with gale force winds.
#45 Posted by aouric (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a question Storm, her abilities top BL's.

#46 Posted by Orcid11 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper:  
  maybe, maybe not but electricity is electricity
#47 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Orcid11:  I agree she wins, but I highly doubt she'd have any control over him if he turned into electricity "
Well if he is pure electricity she has turned other elemental abilities against their user(Hydro man, Amila Voght(spelling), and Berzerker)(spelling)

 Turned an electric users powers against them. Berzerker
#48 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:  But thats different from taking control someone in living lightning form. Also I have no idea how strong of a lightning user he is
#49 Posted by Son Of Storm (11283 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Son Of Storm:  But thats different from taking control someone in living lightning form. Also I have no idea how strong of a lightning user he is "
Berzerker-----He is about on static's level but not much else is known about him.
#50 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: If she could control zzax I'd believe she could control Black Lightning if he goes lightning, still I agree she would win, neither of them can harm eachother with electricity, all he has left is some martial arts skills