Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: In Worlds Apart Cyclops was being possessed by Shadow King. He was not himself.  I didn't specify that the lightning had come from Ozai or Azula. Aang has avoided lightning from a natural storm, IIRC. "
He was not possessed in the means that someone was controlling his motor functions. Shadow King merely clouded his perception and let his make his own choices. He did the same to all of the other X-men as well.  What episode did he dodge lightning from a natural storm? I have never seen him dodge a rogue bolt of lightning. "
he never has to. but if an out of shape old man has the reflexes to redirect a natural bolt of lightning, there is no reason the much faster and couldn't do the same or dodge it outright.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: That doesn't answer my question. It doesn't prove that she can generate lightning that is more powerful. "
Storm can channel the full electrical tempest into a single strike. Iroh could barely stand a partial rogue bolt of lightning from a storm. "
You have nothing to back either of these statements with. It doesn't matter even if the lightning is more powerful, though, because Iroh's technique would still work. He has redirected natural lightning and lightning that was being bent. Can you really prove that Storm's lightning is so different? "

Storm did this on her very first appearance to empower Polaris. I also said she could channel the lightning to his organs like she did Cyclops, who has also absorbed her lightning and redirected it through his visors. She controls lightning unlike Aang, who can simply guide it from one end out another.
Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any reason why Aang cannot win this.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#204  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: It's unfair to assume that he would have reacted the same way had he been in his right mind. He was either being messed with or being written horribly.

He was flying through a thunder storm. I can't recall the episode off the top of my head, though.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: In Worlds Apart Cyclops was being possessed by Shadow King. He was not himself.  I didn't specify that the lightning had come from Ozai or Azula. Aang has avoided lightning from a natural storm, IIRC. "
He was not possessed in the means that someone was controlling his motor functions. Shadow King merely clouded his perception and let his make his own choices. He did the same to all of the other X-men as well.  What episode did he dodge lightning from a natural storm? I have never seen him dodge a rogue bolt of lightning. "
he never has to. but if an out of shape old man has the reflexes to redirect a natural bolt of lightning, there is no reason the much faster and couldn't do the same or dodge it outright. "

He didn't have the reflexes to redirect a guided bolt. He waited until it struck the boat and absorbed the rest of it's power to send to the water.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: It's unfair to assume that he would have reacted the same way had he been in his right mind. He was either being messed with or being written horribly.  He was flying through a thunder storm. I can't recall the episode off the top of my head, though. "
It is fair, he was able to channel his optic beams and kick all of the X-men's ass in H2H combat. When Storm came into contact and fought him, she got handled. That was why she was forced to kill him with her powers. Again The Shadow King never took control over his motor fuctions, he simply clouded the way cyclops saw his teammates.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: Can you post the rest of that encounter. I've only ever seen anyone post the "lightning through the chest" and the optic blast part.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Can you post the rest of that encounter. I've only ever seen anyone post the "lightning through the chest" and the optic blast part. "
Crap, let me go an grab the scans. I'll be back shortly.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: Much appreciated :)
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
he never has to. but if an out of shape old man has the reflexes to redirect a natural bolt of lightning, there is no reason the much faster and couldn't do the same or dodge it outright. "
He didn't have the reflexes to redirect a guided bolt. He waited until it struck the boat and absorbed the rest of it's power to send to the water. "
what are you even talking about? aang has the best reflexes out of all of them. he did redirecta bent bolt that was amped up by sozins comet. he could have killed ozai right then and there, but his morals prevented him. there is no morals in this fight so aang wouldn't hold back. storms gonna get fried.oh, and ozai was known to shoot lightning out of both his hands as seen before the eclipse when he shoots lightning at zuko, zuko redirects all of it. and the natural lightning that iroh redircted never hit the boat.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#211  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Can you post the rest of that encounter. I've only ever seen anyone post the "lightning through the chest" and the optic blast part. "
Crap, let me go an grab the scans. I'll be back shortly. "
Scan King to the rescue!
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Much appreciated :) "

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: There we go. Thanks.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: There we go. Thanks. "
No problem.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Storm Calling

Ok I managed to pull a few of them together, I skipped a few scenes, mainly when Storm fought the X-men after shadow King possessed them. I also skipped the scene when she blocked his optic beam with lightning, you've already seen that a million times and I didn't feel like uploading it. I also skipped the scene where Storm handles shadow king by using bast to kill him.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Storm Calling
@Son Of Storm: Crap, did all that damn work for nothin, I was able to add a few more though. LOL
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: Thank you very much. It makes more sense seeing it in context.

From the scans I've seen, I would say it is possible for Scott to avoid Storm's lightning, but there is also a strong chance of her hitting him.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
" @Son Of Storm: Crap, did all that damn work for nothin, I was able to add a few more though. LOL "
Hey I just finished getting the whole series. So that PM I sent you all. You can add Worlds Apart 1-4 to that list.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
He didn't have the reflexes to redirect a guided bolt. He waited until it struck the boat and absorbed the rest of it's power to send to the water. "
what are you even talking about? aang has the best reflexes out of all of them. he did redirecta bent bolt that was amped up by sozins comet. he could have killed ozai right then and there, but his morals prevented him. there is no morals in this fight so aang wouldn't hold back. storms gonna get fried.oh, and ozai was known to shoot lightning out of both his hands as seen before the eclipse when he shoots lightning at zuko, zuko redirects all of it. and the natural lightning that iroh redircted never hit the boat. "

That was a weak lightning bolt he did on "day of black sun" he barely had any sunlight to focus his power into a lightning strike.  The bolts on the series finale were way more powerful, and Azula was able to overload Zuko.

All of this has nothing to do with Storm simply zapping him from behind and directing the bolt at his heart.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Thank you very much. It makes more sense seeing it in context.  From the scans I've seen, I would say it is possible for Scott to avoid Storm's lightning, but there is also a strong chance of her hitting him. "
He's avoided her bio electric bolts from her hands, but that case falls under the Avatar's problem with generating lightning. She simply doesn't need to move to make a lightning bolt, and she can generate one instantly.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Thank you very much. It makes more sense seeing it in context.  From the scans I've seen, I would say it is possible for Scott to avoid Storm's lightning, but there is also a strong chance of her hitting him. "
He's avoided her bio electric bolts from her hands, but that case falls under the Avatar's problem with generating lightning. She simply doesn't need to move to make a lightning bolt, and she can generate one instantly. "
No, he's managed to avoid a bolt from the sky, too, by constantly moving.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
He's avoided her bio electric bolts from her hands, but that case falls under the Avatar's problem with generating lightning. She simply doesn't need to move to make a lightning bolt, and she can generate one instantly. "
No, he's managed to avoid a bolt from the sky, too, by constantly moving. "
You mean the one where she hesitated?
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Storm Calling
@Son Of Storm: Exactly, and that one was also generated from her hands.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
what are you even talking about? aang has the best reflexes out of all of them. he did redirecta bent bolt that was amped up by sozins comet. he could have killed ozai right then and there, but his morals prevented him. there is no morals in this fight so aang wouldn't hold back. storms gonna get fried.oh, and ozai was known to shoot lightning out of both his hands as seen before the eclipse when he shoots lightning at zuko, zuko redirects all of it. and the natural lightning that iroh redircted never hit the boat. "
That was a weak lightning bolt he did on "day of black sun" he barely had any sunlight to focus his power into a lightning strike.  The bolts on the series finale were way more powerful, and Azula was able to overload Zuko. All of this has nothing to do with Storm simply zapping him from behind and directing the bolt at his heart. "
everything you've just said was wrong. the lightning he shot at zuko was as powerful as any other lightning from the show other than sozins comet. the fact that the eclipse was approaching has no effect on the strength of the lightning. Azula didn't overload him, she aimed at katara and when zuko jumped in the way he wasn't able to redirect it properly, although he did redirect most of it into the sky. if he could be overloaded, then why did he invite her to start shooting lightning? i'm done with you. you've had pages upon pages to make your case and most of it was just wrong. Aang wins 6-7/10. good night.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm:@Storm Calling:
No, the one just before they fought Proteus.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm:@Storm Calling: No, the one just before they fought Proteus. "
Issue #?
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand: No. the lightning in the finale was alot more powerful then the one in "day of black sun". This was why Ozai needed to wait for the sun to be partially visible before he could actually generate a bolt to attack Zuko. Otherwise he would of did it long before Zuko started talking to him.

Azula was building up a powerful charge of lightning to attack Zuko, he probably didn't figure his body would not able to handle it. But it wasn't. He was able to absorb the attack properly, otherwise he would not of been able to redirect it's power after he absorbed it. When Ozai attacked Aang with lightning, he never built up a charge as long as Azula did, he was basically trying to fire them off as fast as he possibly could. 

The fact is his reflexes have been exaggerated here. He clearly observed their movents Before they made the lightning bolts, and moved out of the way before it could be unleashed. This can be compared to dodging a loaded gun. You are not faster then the bullets, but you can get out of the way before they can be shot. Aang's top speed is running as fast as the wind can blow, lightning is much faster.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: F@ck, I don't know xD I'm half asleep right now. It was from back in the eighties.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: F@ck, I don't know xD I'm half asleep right now. It was from back in the eighties. "
I just read went and read the issues where the X-men attack. Storm never threw lighting at Cyclops.She did summon it because "she means business."
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: That's what I said (not throw, summon).
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: That's what I said (not throw, summon). "
LOL. You said he dodge it. He wasn't even running he was on the ground. Perhaps it's time to hit the sack Ferro :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Dodge roll x)

It most definitely is.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Dodge roll x)  It most definitely is. "
LOL...Go to bed.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: I am. But for the record, it was a dodge roll.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: I am. But for the record, it was a dodge roll. "
I guess.
 ?
 ?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Next page, I think.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Storm Calling
@Son Of Storm: I can't access the picture, But I can see from here that she's raising her hands up to unleash the lightning bolt.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Son Of Storm
 How and the hell did she get on the ground?
 How and the hell did she get on the ground?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: You're missing part O_o He fires an optic blast at the ground on which she is standing and takes her off her feet.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Storm Calling

Umm that lightning bolt is being generated from her hands. LOL

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: You're missing part O_o He fires an optic blast at the ground on which she is standing and takes her off her feet. "
Damn..I don't even have it.It's the "she means business" page and then this!!
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: There's a page missing.

@Son Of Storm:
I'll try and find the page... Tomorrow xD good night.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Storm Calling

What issue is that from, I'll have a look myself?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
" What issue is that from, I'll have a look myself? "
UXM #128
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Storm Calling

Here it is. it's UXM 127

It was a bolt from her hands, so he had time to register what she was doing and moved the hell out of the way before it struck him.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
"  Here it is. it's UXM 127

It was a bolt from her hands, so he had time to register what she was doing and moved the hell out of the way before it struck him. "
Thank you. I will be looking into this. I CANNOT have half-cocked scans in my collection.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Storm Calling

Not a problem, thanks for the help, and good night! :)

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
" Not a problem, thanks for the help, and good night! :) "
Peace.
Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Twelve

That Bolt in the scan above looks so weak.. don't know why it was posted. 

I forgot about how Aang earth bending skills can pretty much kinda teleports him a short distance.. (that is one of my fav moves in Avatar dont how i forgot it) that would make aang even hard to hit then before, if he even needed to uses it. Also I haven't seen much about storm defence of Aang shooting a stream of fire at her or the quick fire attacks Aang now knows..   

Aang water bending skill are still putting him in front.. with flashfreeze.. others are still saying storm can change the temp in the air.. :( really! if she does it'll just improve his fire bending by make the air hotter.. making it cool lets him flashfreeze easyer.. 

All i can is the people on storm side on the attack! and people on Aangs side have proven that he can defened! pretty much everything she can throw..  

Now what could storm do if Avatar state! Aang redirected her own lightining attack!!  

Or the fire stream and other fire attacks Aang can do.. 

Or the pillers & boldder Aang can throw..    
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Sherlock
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand: No. the lightning in the finale was alot more powerful then the one in "day of black sun". This was why Ozai needed to wait for the sun to be partially visible before he could actually generate a bolt to attack Zuko. Otherwise he would of did it long before Zuko started talking to him.

Azula was building up a powerful charge of lightning to attack Zuko, he probably didn't figure his body would not able to handle it. But it wasn't. He was able to absorb the attack properly, otherwise he would not of been able to redirect it's power after he absorbed it. When Ozai attacked Aang with lightning, he never built up a charge as long as Azula did, he was basically trying to fire them off as fast as he possibly could. 

The fact is his reflexes have been exaggerated here. He clearly observed their movents Before they made the lightning bolts, and moved out of the way before it could be unleashed. This can be compared to dodging a loaded gun. You are not faster then the bullets, but you can get out of the way before they can be shot. Aang's top speed is running as fast as the wind can blow, lightning is much faster. "
Thats because he cant firebend without the sun (Or fire lightning)It diesnt effect the power of it at all
Azula only 'overloaded' Zuko because he wasnt expecting her to fire at katara and it hurt him because he didnt do it right and instead of taking it into his Stomach he took it into his heart
You dont need to Build up power for lightning

Please do not state things as fact when they are not there is no clear evidence that he observes their movements in order to react to lightning@Ferro Vida:  Thank you Ferro
Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Twelve
@Sherlock:
hey buddy  

you said everything i was going to say on that and more :) 

storm calling either doesn't know the show or is just failing..