Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Fire-brand: Storm's winds can batter starships, shatter every bone in a beast's body, level skyscrapers, hurl giants, even drill through mountains and contain nukes. I have never seen an air bender do anything close to this in the avatar series. "

now you have my attention. when did she contain a nuke with just wind? was it canon? i somehow doubt it or else Rbysjti would have brought it up before. but please, enlighten me. "
 Uncanny X-Men #459 Storm contained a nuke by generating a jovian pressure field, and bishop sent it off into space to release it.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: IIRC Rachel Summers was assisting her with the nuke. "
No, Rachel only protected the queen from being crushed by the pressure that Storm was generating. When nightcrawler teleported the queen out of the cart, that triggered the bomb to detonate, which the pressure contained.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Storm Calling
@Son Of Storm: Thanks for the correction SOS
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Fire-brand: Storm's winds can batter starships, shatter every bone in a beast's body, level skyscrapers, hurl giants, even drill through mountains and contain nukes. I have never seen an air bender do anything close to this in the avatar series. "

now you have my attention. when did she contain a nuke with just wind? was it canon? i somehow doubt it or else Rbysjti would have brought it up before. but please, enlighten me. "
 Uncanny X-Men #459 Storm contained a nuke by generating a jovian pressure field, and bishop sent it off into space to release it.

learn to read 

"avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off " 

where did he state it was the size of a continent? because when i read he said it was an island 

I read your post just find, I was merely pointing out that the feat was not all that great. She simply detached a piece of the earth off of the continent to create an island. It wasn't even mind blowingly all that large.  Storm has generated and dispersed storm's the size of a hemisphere, now that's a lot more impressive. "
she moved an entire island! she took a piece of land broke it of and shifted the entire thing miles away from shore. storm manipulated some weather, kyoshi moved an island. not quite the same. it wasn't the largest island ever, but it was pretty big.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: IIRC Rachel Summers was assisting her with the nuke. "
No, Rachel only protected the queen from being crushed by the pressure that Storm was generating. When nightcrawler teleported the queen out of the cart, that triggered the bomb to detonate, which the pressure contained. "
Just fact-checking.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

"

You are so quick :-). I was juast scanning these images...
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Son Of Storm
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

"
You are so quick :-). I was juast scanning these images... "
I'm the king of scans(Storm or X-men). You should know that by now. :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Do you have the next scan?
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Son Of Storm:
LOL...I know
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Do you have the next scan? "
Where they fainted? Yep.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Can you post it? I just want to see what the outcome is with my own eyes.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Can you post it? I just want to see what the outcome is with my own eyes. "
No Caption Provided
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By rbysjti
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Can you post it? I just want to see what the outcome is with my own eyes. "
No Caption Provided
"
Good job Son Of Storm!",)

You and I know Storm will win here.

Storm has shown versatility in using her powers than Aang. Even in winds. If Aang is better at contolling winds, he be able should be able to fly well using winds only.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#164  Edited By Magian
@Darkseid Elite said:
"
so many storm battles
    "
LOL!!
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Alright, that's fair. Storm can contain a nuke, but the effort knocked her out, it took a massive amount of focus, and she wasn't able to do it instantly. That makes a lot more sense.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Ferro Vida
@rbysjti: Aang has a more precise control over wind. While in the Avatar state he was able to fly at extreme speeds without the use of his glider. He knows Iroh's technique for deflecting lightning, he's faster then her, and he has a wider variety of elements at his disposal.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Alright, that's fair. Storm can contain a nuke, but the effort knocked her out, it took a massive amount of focus, and she wasn't able to do it instantly. That makes a lot more sense. "
I believe White Mage told me that it wasn't actually the creation of the dome that knocked her out. But the effort it took to keep it in one place and hold it without disrupting the surrounding environment.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: Fair enough. It still makes more sense then what I was led to believe.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: Fair enough. It still makes more sense then what I was led to believe. "
 Which was?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: I wasn't told any of the other factors, or the condition she was in after.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti: he can and has. gliders are for newbs lol
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By rbysjti
@Son Of Storm said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Son Of Storm: Alright, that's fair. Storm can contain a nuke, but the effort knocked her out, it took a massive amount of focus, and she wasn't able to do it instantly. That makes a lot more sense. "
I believe White Mage told me that it wasn't actually the creation of the dome that knocked her out. But the effort it took to keep it in one place and hold it without disrupting the surrounding environment. "
You are right. When Storm uses her power, it's not what exhaust her, but keeping it controllable that nobody would be harmed but the target alone.

@Ferro Vida said:

" @rbysjti: Aang has a more precise control over wind. While in the Avatar state he was able to fly at extreme speeds without the use of his glider. He knows Iroh's technique for deflecting lightning, he's faster then her, and he has a wider variety of elements at his disposal. "

Storm is faster than Aang.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: I wasn't told any of the other factors, or the condition she was in after. "
Well that certainly IS misleading.
Why didn't you come to me? Or White Mage for that matter?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Son Of Storm: It was back before we were friends xD
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

I believe White Mage told me that it wasn't actually the creation of the dome that knocked her out. But the effort it took to keep it in one place and hold it without disrupting the surrounding environment. "
You are right. When Storm uses her power, it's not what exhaust her, but keeping it controllable that nobody would be harmed but the target alone.

@Ferro Vida said:

" @rbysjti: Aang has a more precise control over wind. While in the Avatar state he was able to fly at extreme speeds without the use of his glider. He knows Iroh's technique for deflecting lightning, he's faster then her, and he has a wider variety of elements at his disposal. "

"
she might fly faster, but he has higher reflex speeds and ground speeds.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Ferro Vida
@rbysjti: 1) It doesn't state what speed she is traveling at. 
2) I meant land speed. Their air speed should be equal.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Fire-brand: Their air speed should be equal, as they are both being carried by the wind.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

learn to read 

"avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off " 

where did he state it was the size of a continent? because when i read he said it was an island 

I read your post just find, I was merely pointing out that the feat was not all that great. She simply detached a piece of the earth off of the continent to create an island. It wasn't even mind blowingly all that large.  Storm has generated and dispersed storm's the size of a hemisphere, now that's a lot more impressive. "
she moved an entire island! she took a piece of land broke it of and shifted the entire thing miles away from shore. storm manipulated some weather, kyoshi moved an island. not quite the same. it wasn't the largest island ever, but it was pretty big. "
That "some weather" could ripped adult trees out by their roots and scour hills of soil and vegetations down to it's bare rock, Her storm was no joke and it had enough power to devastate an entire continent. That's alot more powerful and destructive then moving an island. 

@Ferro Vida said:

Actually she generated alot more pressure then was needed for the nuke, in no time flat. It's more safer to assume that she was generating as much wind as she possibly could until she passed out. Again, she generated more pressure then was needed.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Son Of Storm: It was back before we were friends xD "
Oh. Well now you know :P
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Fire-brand
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Fire-brand: Their air speed should be equal, as they are both being carried by the wind. "
that's why i put might in bold, really i see flight speed being equal. but on land and in combat, he is much much faster.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By rbysjti
@Fire-brand said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

@Ferro Vida said:

"
she might fly faster, but he has higher reflex speeds and ground speeds. "
Using the word "might" would only means you are more than 50% agreeing with me.",)

About reflex speeds, how can he dodge a cannonade of lightning? or gigantic winds? 

Aang will get hurt with intense heat and subzero level temperatures, Storm can manipulate temperature.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti: what do lightning, wind or temp manipulation have to do with anything i said? he is a firebender, he can counter cold temperatures with fire, or insulate himself with an air bubble or pull himself underground. he can avoid, deflect or block everything you just said.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Ferro Vida
@rbysjti: No he wasn't.

Well, he's dodged and redirected lightning in the past, so it shouldn't be a problem. Aang is the last air bender. Winds are a pretty easy thing for him to manipulate.

Aang was surviving the temperatures of the an active volcano and the North and South Poles without any other protection. He can also deal with extreme lows using fire bending.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Storm Calling

I still don't see him stopping a deadly lightning strike in the first half second of the battle.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: He managed when he fought Firelord Ozai.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: He managed when he fought Firelord Ozai. "
Storm isn't Fireloard Ozai, and she channels lightning a lot faster and a lot more powerful then he does as well.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" I still don't see him stopping a deadly lightning strike in the first half second of the battle. "
he'll pull himself itno the ground and let it ground out, or launch  boulder at her to block her concentration. or just dodge it. he has the reflexes.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: Can you provide evidence of this?
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" I still don't see him stopping a deadly lightning strike in the first half second of the battle. "
he'll pull himself itno the ground and let it ground out, or launch  boulder at her to block her concentration. or just dodge it. he has the reflexes. "
He does not have the reflexes to dodge lightning.

Ozai doesn't control lightning, he simply creates it. Storm can manipulate where she can strike, and she doesn't need to create movement in order to do it. Plus she could direct the bolt to a vital organ, like the heart, and kill him.  This is bloodlust and she can and has done this on panel.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Storm Calling: Can you provide evidence of this? "

In worlds apart #4. Storm struck Cyclops in the heart with a lightning bolt and kills him. He made note of this when he was discussing the topic with Black Panther.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: Yes he does. 

Aang is a lot quicker then Cyclops. He's also not being controlled by Shadow King, can control that particular element as well, and has avoided lightning in the past. Storm would have a much more difficult time getting a bead on Aang then she did on a possessed Scott Summers.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: That doesn't answer my question. It doesn't prove that she can generate lightning that is more powerful.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:

" @Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:
he'll pull himself itno the ground and let it ground out, or launch  boulder at her to block her concentration. or just dodge it. he has the reflexes. "
He does not have the reflexes to dodge lightning.  Ozai doesn't control lightning, he simply creates it. Storm can manipulate where she can strike, and she doesn't need to create movement in order to do it. Plus she could direct the bolt to a vital organ, like the heart, and kill him.  This is bloodlust and she can and has done this on panel. "
first of all, this is not bloodlust, this is morals off. there is a difference. second, he has the flexes to dodge lightning, it doesn't matter if she can aim it because by the time she see that he has moved, the lightning will have struck. the she gets a boulder to the face or a water whip to the head.

he dodged lightning against azula several times, and that wasn't even in the avatar state.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: Yes he does.   Aang is a lot quicker then Cyclops. He's also not being controlled by Shadow King, can control that particular element as well, and has avoided lightning in the past. Storm would have a much more difficult time getting a bead on Aang then she did on a possessed Scott Summers. "
The only time I seen cyclops dodge a bolt of lightning from Storm was when she hesitated, and even that was just barely  When she used it against him in worlds of part, he was powerless to dodge her, because he wasn't expecting it to happen so fast and from out of a clear sky.There are no moral in play here and Storm uses her most deadly bolts against Aang.

Lightning was generated differently in Avatar. They had to create articulate movement before they could actually generate a bolt of lightning. Not a single person in the series generated a lightning bolt instantly, this including Ozai. So stating that he dodged Ozai's lightning doesn't mean squat because they do not generate lightning as fast as Storm can, let alone control it to that degree.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: That doesn't answer my question. It doesn't prove that she can generate lightning that is more powerful. "
Storm can channel the full electrical tempest into a single strike. Iroh could barely stand a partial rogue bolt of lightning from a storm.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: In Worlds Apart Cyclops was being possessed by Shadow King. He was not himself.

I didn't specify that the lightning had come from Ozai or Azula. Aang has avoided lightning from a natural storm, IIRC.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: That doesn't answer my question. It doesn't prove that she can generate lightning that is more powerful. "
Storm can channel the full electrical tempest into a single strike. Iroh could barely stand a partial rogue bolt of lightning from a storm. "
You have nothing to back either of these statements with. It doesn't matter even if the lightning is more powerful, though, because Iroh's technique would still work. He has redirected natural lightning and lightning that was being bent. Can you really prove that Storm's lightning is so different?
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Fire-brand
@Storm Calling said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
Storm can channel the full electrical tempest into a single strike. Iroh could barely stand a partial rogue bolt of lightning from a storm. "
that was for comedic effect and he was fine 2 seconds later. more importantly it was a natural bolt with no warning and yet an old man managed to redirect it. aang is much faster and can easily dodge it. and why do you say it was a "partial" bolt. it was a full on bolt.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Storm Calling
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Storm Calling: In Worlds Apart Cyclops was being possessed by Shadow King. He was not himself.  I didn't specify that the lightning had come from Ozai or Azula. Aang has avoided lightning from a natural storm, IIRC. "
He was not possessed in the means that someone was controlling his motor functions. Shadow King merely clouded his perception and let his make his own choices. He did the same to all of the other X-men as well.

What episode did he dodge lightning from a natural storm? I have never seen him dodge a rogue bolt of lightning.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Ferro Vida said:
that was for comedic effect and he was fine 2 seconds later. more importantly it was a natural bolt with no warning and yet an old man managed to redirect it. aang is much faster and can easily dodge it. and why do you say it was a "partial" bolt. it was a full on bolt. "

The lightning struck the bolt first and then he guided some of it through his body and redirected the rest into the water. He did not absorb the full bolt, and he did not absorb it from the moment it struck.