Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm: so your ASSUMING aang isnt fast enough to defend against it? "
No. I've never seen Aang work at the speed of thought. That's the only way he could defend against that type of attack. "
both aang and storm have human reaction time, and by the way doesnt aang have a air shield around him? "

I didn't say she didn't. However her powers are FAR faster than Aang can react. The main problem in the Avatar series is that all of their bending powers come from fighting styles. They have to do certain moves to do certain things. Storm on the other hand can be unconscious and her powers are still at rage at full fury.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Son Of Storm said:  

I agree. There isn't proof that Aang could execute an attack faster than Storm and there is proof that she can attack at the speed of thought. He typically performs bending moves to perform an attack so I don't think Aang's attacks would be at a greater speed than Storm could implement an attack. It's has been consistently proven that she can perform an attack as soon as she thinks of them, and there has been some arguments to state that it be faster (less than a concious thought) but I am not too sure on that.

cortlin626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By cortlin626
@Son Of Storm: @THUNDERBOLT30:  this battle is pointless..its the ecuiviulant of Superman vs. Songbird 

liek seriously shes almost an Omega. 
His little avatar state was defeaten before.  
Obviously he is not very strong.  
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Storm Calling

Even if they both attacked at the speed of thought, The Avatar State nor Aang has ever displayed the ability to create lightning bolts. Which is the fastest attack out of all of the powers that they both have.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@cortlin626 said:
" @Son Of Storm:  @THUNDERBOLT30:  this battle is pointless..its the ecuiviulant of Superman vs. Songbird   liek seriously shes almost an Omega. His little avatar state was defeaten before.  Obviously he is not very strong.   "

LOL...I think a better match up, which I believe has been done, would be Crystal Vs. Aang.
Omega Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Omega Iceman

aang can control fire water earth and air so can storm. storm can do even more . his avatar state has been beaten b4 wat makes u think he can win give me a explanation on why aang would beat storm

cortlin626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cortlin626
@THUNDERBOLT30: ikr....they have the same exact powers and crystals is a lower verison of storm (just like rainmaker lol)
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Storm Calling said:
"Even if they both attacked at the speed of thought, The Avatar State nor Aang has ever displayed the ability to create lightning bolts. Which is the fastest attack out of all of the powers that they both have. "

Very true, and I see your point with the lightning redirection. I only recall him redirecting lightning once and it was difficult for him so even with the power boost he gets from the avatar atate, he still lacks the ability to redirect lightning as skillfully as Iroh.
cortlin626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cortlin626
@Omega Iceman: gooooooood at least yo crustry self gree wit me :p
Omega Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Omega Iceman

no way will aang win orora is so much more advanced than aang

cortlin626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cortlin626
@Omega Iceman: i know he is like 10 and shes like 30? 

like really thins batle is pathetic
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@cortlin626 said:
" I dont know how the hell this thread has even gone this far like seriously His waterbending is usless, his earthbending is usless and his firebending is usless.  Like seriously storm has beaten people far past Aang's level.  Aang cant create lightning bolts and has never proven he can create a hurricane or suck the air out off peoples lungs.  Everything Aang can with Air storm can do 30 times beter. In one episode he STRUGGLED to stop a tornado? Like seriously storm can cretae 20 easily. How is he going to defend himeself from a massive lightning storm. Sure he redirect one but he isnt redircting 10.  His little avatar state is still nothing compared to storm. He cant use 1/2 his powers aginst her.Oh and lets not forget he is like 14. Shes in her 30's she has mastered her powers. He just found out he was the avatar like 3 years ago. Storm has many powers to use against him . "

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By FLCL1
@Son Of Storm said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @FLCL1 said:
No. I've never seen Aang work at the speed of thought. That's the only way he could defend against that type of attack. "
both aang and storm have human reaction time, and by the way doesnt aang have a air shield around him? "

I didn't say she didn't. However her powers are FAR faster than Aang can react. The main problem in the Avatar series is that all of their bending powers come from fighting styles. They have to do certain moves to do certain things. Storm on the other hand can be unconscious and her powers are still at rage at full fury. "

avartar state aang never used fighting styles to attack, he just went on a rampage
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Sherlock
@Omega Iceman said:
" no way will aang win orora is so much more advanced than aang "
OK im only going to say this once so pay attention Aang in the avatar state has all thats right ALL the experience from Every Avatar that ever lived that tops storm by at least a 1000 years (If every avatar lived to be 50 then Then theyd only need 20 and im pretty sure there were more than that)@Omega Iceman said:
" aang can control fire water earth and air so can storm. storm can do even more . his avatar state has been beaten b4 wat makes u think he can win give me a explanation on why aang would beat storm "
Storm cant control fire or earth get your facts strait 

Aang can redirect lightning hes done it before so your saying that storm can send lightning down on him is pretty much null and void.You have no evidence to back it up that he cant react fast enough to redirect it
No Caption Provided
This is Iroh redirecting natural lightning proving that it is possible

How is Storm going to deal with his projectile attack?Bullet sized rocks that can cut through mountains?I Guarantee she cant make enough lightning to stop them all and since Aang also controls air he can disperse any pressure dome she can construct therefore storm gets ripped to shreds
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By rbysjti
@Sherlock said:
" @Omega Iceman said:
OK im only going to say this once so pay attention Aang in the avatar state has all thats right ALL the experience from Every Avatar that ever lived that tops storm by at least a 1000 years (If every avatar lived to be 50 then Then theyd only need 20 and im pretty sure there were more than that)@Omega Iceman said:
" aang can control fire water earth and air so can storm. storm can do even more . his avatar state has been beaten b4 wat makes u think he can win give me a explanation on why aang would beat storm "

Aang can redirect lightning hes done it before so your saying that storm can send lightning down on him is pretty much null and void.You have no evidence to back it up that he cant react fast enough to redirect it
No Caption Provided
This is Iroh redirecting natural lightning proving that it is possible  How is Storm going to deal with his projectile attack?Bullet sized rocks that can cut through mountains?I Guarantee she cant make enough lightning to stop them all and since Aang also controls air he can disperse any pressure dome she can construct therefore storm gets ripped to shreds "
Iroh is skilled enough not to let the lightning flow to his heart. Besides, he was the one who stated that it musn't flow through one's heart or you'll get killed.
Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Twelve

Aang speed isnt as bad you are making it out to be, as aang redirected lightning form at least 30-40 meters (not in Avatar state) they were also multi shot of lightning. Aang also has dodge these attacks by turning himself into a tornado. When it comes to lightning redirection in Avatar state! who know the amount he could redirect. 

Any Air attack done by storm could easily be disperst in avatar state aang. Also Storm blowing up Aang from the inside is a pointless arguement for Aang has a constent air bubble around him and would easily stop any attack of such.  

Storm has no water bending skill and this could be her down fall if storm makes it rain aang could shoot 1000 shard of ice at her or water bend the water around her and flashfreeze her. Also think that Blood bending might still be a winning factor. 

Aang can also could use earth bending and throw massive boldders at her or use them to block any lightning attack. 

The fight there and it's fair..

Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Twelve

Also Aang is Avater State gains the experience of the Avatar's that came before him..
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Sherlock
@rbysjti said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Omega Iceman said:

No Caption Provided
This is Iroh redirecting natural lightning proving that it is possible  How is Storm going to deal with his projectile attack?Bullet sized rocks that can cut through mountains?I Guarantee she cant make enough lightning to stop them all and since Aang also controls air he can disperse any pressure dome she can construct therefore storm gets ripped to shreds "
Iroh is skilled enough not to let the lightning flow to his heart. Besides, he was the one who stated that it musn't flow through one's heart or you'll get killed. "
He said it could kill you and it didnt kill Zuko anyway also he already did it once so it shouldnt be a problem@Twelve: 
When did storm make someone blow up via air?
No Caption Provided

Give me Scans!!!!!!!!

Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Twelve
@Sherlock:
lol i dont know where it came from but thats what some storm fan are saying..
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Sherlock
@Twelve: If thats what were going by then Aang can take any feat from anyone in the show since they are all proven possible

Bloodbend her in half
Metalbend her jewelry to puncture her vital organs
Fire Mega amounts of Lightning at her

Oh and dont forget the rock projectile attack that everyone sidestepped in the last argument on this topic
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Twelve said:
"

Aang speed isnt as bad you are making it out to be, as aang redirected lightning form at least 30-40 meters (not in Avatar state) they were also multi shot of lightning. Aang also has dodge these attacks by turning himself into a tornado. When it comes to lightning redirection in Avatar state! who know the amount he could redirect. 

Any Air attack done by storm could easily be disperst in avatar state aang. Also Storm blowing up Aang from the inside is a pointless arguement for Aang has a constent air bubble around him and would easily stop any attack of such.  

Storm has no water bending skill and this could be her down fall if storm makes it rain aang could shoot 1000 shard of ice at her or water bend the water around her and flashfreeze her. Also think that Blood bending might still be a winning factor. 

Aang can also could use earth bending and throw massive boldders at her or use them to block any lightning attack. 

The fight there and it's fair..

"

In what episode did Aang redirected multiplie shots of lightning? From what I remember, he only redirected lightning in the series finale and that was a bolt from Phoenix King Ozai and, if I recall correctly, it was difficult for him. Storm can fire off lightning from her hands or summon it from the air at the speed of thought. 

Also, Aang's air feats in the avatar state are not as impressive as Storm's, who's wind powers have been show on a greater range and is more refined. Aang did not demonstrate control of air pressure, so I don't see how he could easily disburse her air pressure barrier. He has not demonstrated the level of control to be able to manipulate the air or air pressure in a person's body. He would not know how to combat that type of attack since he has never fought a person who could do it. Her control is beyond his. If it came down to a battle of wills over the air, this is where I think Aang may have a has a chance. 

Aang's water control is useless against Storm. Aang has not demonstrated that he cold blood bend. Only Katara and Hama performed this feat. The experience of the prior avatars did not include this skill so how would Aang know how to perform this? Any water attack Aang throws at Storm can be countered. She can change the state of water instantly ( including if he attempted to flash freeze her), turning his shards into humidity, or bathe herself in lightning to dissipate the water.

If she is in the sky his earth bending is not going to do anything.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Sherlock said:
" @Twelve: If thats what were going by then Aang can take any feat from anyone in the show since they are all proven possible  Bloodbend her in half Metalbend her jewelry to puncture her vital organs Fire Mega amounts of Lightning at her  Oh and dont forget the rock projectile attack that everyone sidestepped in the last argument on this topic "

How is he going to know how to metal bend when Toph created that skill? It was not done by a prior avatar so how is Aang going to know how to to do it? He has never metal bended or blood bended on any episode. He never even threw lightning. He redirected a lightning blast and with difficulty. And those mini rock projectiles would be nothing for Storm to deflect with wind or an air pressure dome. She cut through a  whole mountain and blocked huge pieces of earth with the dome. Also, she can bathe herself in lightning that would incinerate the projectiles.  
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

" @FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @FLCL1 said:

I didn't say she didn't. However her powers are FAR faster than Aang can react. The main problem in the Avatar series is that all of their bending powers come from fighting styles. They have to do certain moves to do certain things. Storm on the other hand can be unconscious and her powers are still at rage at full fury. "
avartar state aang never used fighting styles to attack, he just went on a rampage "
Same thing with Storm..Huh go figure.
@Sherlock said:

"Aang can redirect lightning hes done it before so your saying that storm can send lightning down on him is pretty much null and void.You have no evidence to back it up that he cant react fast enough to redirect it

No Caption Provided
True while Aang has redirect lighting before he's never done it without knowing it was coming. This won't be the case with Storm. Where is the evidence that he can? And not the lighting from a bender that requires movement and then fires. I'm talking about natural lighting that can come out of the clear blue sky.  Iroh invented re-directing lighting. Of course it will be simple for him. Aang had trouble re-directing lighting from Ozai. She can use a pressure dome that can also cut through mountains.
The part in bold..You seem to think that Storm wont be attacking back. She can do both. 
@Sherlock said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Sherlock said:
" @Omega Iceman said:

No Caption Provided
Iroh is skilled enough not to let the lightning flow to his heart. Besides, he was the one who stated that it musn't flow through one's heart or you'll get killed. "
He said it could kill you and it didnt kill Zuko anyway also he already did it once so it shouldnt be a problem
@Twelve: 
She's never blown up someone with pressure however it is well within her power to do so. Storm just isn't ruthless enough to do it. If you say "The air in your lungs obeys me every whim....." I think that means she can pretty much do anything with it. Including expanding it until said person explodes.
@Sherlock said:

If thats what were going by then Aang can take any feat from anyone in the show since they are all proven possible

Bloodbend her in half
Metalbend her jewelry to puncture her vital organs
Fire Mega amounts of Lightning at her

No Avatar has even bloodbended. That technique was not around. Katara herself was basically forced to learn the technique and didn't even want that type of control to begin with. She never taught it to Aang.
Again Aang can't metalbend as that technique was created by Toph. She never taught it to him.
Aang has never summoned lightning.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FLCL1
@Son Of Storm:
i never said storm used fighting styles :/ lol you stated storm was faster than aang, i said they had human reaction time, you said aang has to use fighting styles, i said avatar state does use fighting styles. 

now where back where we started, is storm even blood lusted in this fight?
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm: i never said storm used fighting styles :/ lol you stated storm was faster than aang, i said they had human reaction time, you said aang has to use fighting styles, i said avatar state does use fighting styles.  now where back where we started, is storm even blood lusted in this fight? "
Oh lol I apologize. I guess she is since everyone is saying that Aang is bloodlusted.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By Roddy010

Jeez its clear that storm wins this fight...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@FLCL1 said:
"@Son Of Storm: i never said storm used fighting styles :/ lol you stated storm was faster than aang, i said they had human reaction time, you said aang has to use fighting styles, i said avatar state does use fighting styles.  now where back where we started, is storm even blood lusted in this fight? "

yes, the morals are off in this fight
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By FLCL1
@Son Of Storm: 
its ok :) 
aang is only bloodlusted because he is bloodlusted when in that state 
as for storm its up to the OP
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Son Of Storm:  

@Twelve: 
She's never blown up someone with pressure however it is well within her power to do so. Storm just isn't ruthless enough to do it. If you say "The air in your lungs obeys me every whim....." I think that means she can pretty much do anything with it. Including expanding it until said person explodes.

Storm has shown this by effecting the air in a soldiers lungs and effecting the air pressure in Black Panther's ears. It can be theorized that she, in a "morals off" battle, can use that pressure to burst the lungs or the head of her opponents.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm: its ok :) aang is only bloodlusted because he is bloodlusted when in that state as for storm its up to the OP "
Then Storm would have to be bloodlusted also. It would be biased to have Aang in bloodlusted state and Storm not. Or he could take bloodlust out for both of them.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Son Of Storm
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
" @Son Of Storm:  

@Twelve: 
She's never blown up someone with pressure however it is well within her power to do so. Storm just isn't ruthless enough to do it. If you say "The air in your lungs obeys me every whim....." I think that means she can pretty much do anything with it. Including expanding it until said person explodes. Storm has shown this by effecting the air in a soldiers lungs and effecting the air pressure in Black Panther's ears. It can be theorized that she, in a "morals off" battle, can use that pressure to burst the lungs or the head of her opponents.    "
I'll post scans if needed.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FLCL1
@Son Of Storm:
my mistake i read the OP again, morals off
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm: my mistake i read the OP again, morals off "
Don't worry about it.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Fire-brand

e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

" @Twelve: If thats what were going by then Aang can take any feat from anyone in the show since they are all proven possible  Bloodbend her in half Metalbend her jewelry to puncture her vital organs Fire Mega amounts of Lightning at her  Oh and dont forget the rock projectile attack that everyone sidestepped in the last argument on this topic "
How is he going to know how to metal bend when Toph created that skill? It was not done by a prior avatar so how is Aang going to know how to to do it? He has never metal bended or blood bended on any episode. He never even threw lightning. He redirected a lightning blast and with difficulty. And those mini rock projectiles would be nothing for Storm to deflect with wind or an air pressure dome. She cut through a  whole mountain and blocked huge pieces of earth with the dome. Also, she can bathe herself in lightning that would incinerate the projectiles.   "
the fact that it was never explicitly stated that another avatar has done something, doesn't mean it never happened. a thousand generations of the most powerful benders are inside Aang, you think none of them ever figured they could bend blood or metal? just because someone claims to have "discovered" something doesn't mean they were the first. Besides, the avatar has all four elements to work with here, storm only has like 2. the avatar state is the culmination of all previous avatars power channeled  through Aang, he could chuck a mountain or create a massive tsunami.  Aang could just suck storm into the ground. i've never seen any evidence that her winds are more powerful than his.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#135  Edited By rbysjti
@Fire-brand said:
" e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

How is he going to know how to metal bend when Toph created that skill? It was not done by a prior avatar so how is Aang going to know how to to do it? He has never metal bended or blood bended on any episode. He never even threw lightning. He redirected a lightning blast and with difficulty. And those mini rock projectiles would be nothing for Storm to deflect with wind or an air pressure dome. She cut through a  whole mountain and blocked huge pieces of earth with the dome. Also, she can bathe herself in lightning that would incinerate the projectiles.   "
the fact that it was never explicitly stated that another avatar has done something, doesn't mean it never happened. a thousand generations of the most powerful benders are inside Aang, you think none of them ever figured they could bend blood or metal? just because someone claims to have "discovered" something doesn't mean they were the first. Besides, the avatar has all four elements to work with here, storm only has like 2. the avatar state is the culmination of all previous avatars power channeled  through Aang, he could chuck a mountain or create a massive tsunami.  Aang could just suck storm into the ground. i've never seen any evidence that her winds are more powerful than his. "
Well, it wasn't stated if one of the avatars were able to bloodbend or metalbend. And since Aang hasn't showed it, then it cannot be included. Besides, if they were all in his mind, how come he doesn't look as powerful ad and as relaxed as the previous avatars. Aang in avatar state still has to practise more.

Storm's wind is definitely more powerful than Aang's.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FLCL1
@rbysjti:
dont talk
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @rbysjti: dont talk "
When it comes to Storm........Good luck with that.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FLCL1
@Son Of Storm:
might as well try lol 

i refuse to believe someone is THAT stupid
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

the fact that it was never explicitly stated that another avatar has done something, doesn't mean it never happened. a thousand generations of the most powerful benders are inside Aang, you think none of them ever figured they could bend blood or metal? just because someone claims to have "discovered" something doesn't mean they were the first. Besides, the avatar has all four elements to work with here, storm only has like 2. the avatar state is the culmination of all previous avatars power channeled  through Aang, he could chuck a mountain or create a massive tsunami.  Aang could just suck storm into the ground. i've never seen any evidence that her winds are more powerful than his. "
Well, it wasn't stated if one of the avatars were able to bloodbend or metalbend. And since Aang hasn't showed it, then it cannot be included. Besides, if they were all in his mind, how come he doesn't look as powerful ad and as relaxed as the previous avatars. Aang in avatar state still has to practise more.  Storm's wind is definitely more powerful than Aang's. "
i'm not saying that Aang can definately bend blood or metal, but people shouldn't be so absolute about it.
that second part makes no sense at all. aang doesn't look powerful enough? avatars don't need to practice while in the avatar state, it is widely accepted that i the avatar state, the power and experience of all previous avatars flow hrough you making you incredibly powerful. as i've said, i never seen any evidence that her winds are more powerful. more broad maybe, but not nessesarily more powerful. and aang could still pull her into the ground.

@FLCL1 said:
" @rbysjti: dont talk "

f*&$ing lol'd
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Fire-brand said:
"e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

If these other claimed to have discovered this skill...with NO other bender displaying it, why would it be assumed that the previous avatars did this? Storm doesn't need all 4 elements to beat Aang. Nothing in the show ever proved that the avatar satate gives him the ability to even lift a mountain. And why would Storm be on the ground? She almost always takes to the air in battle, and she can sense seismic activity so if he shifted the earth she could sense it. And Storm's air feats are greater than Aang's. I am sure you have seen plenty of scans of Storm using her wind control in ways that Aang never has demonstrated.She has manipulated air pressure and created mountain shattering pressure domes, blown away the Hulk ( I can recall 2 different occasions of this), blown down terminus, manipulated the air pressure in the lungs and ears of her opponents, created and cleared naturally existing tornadoes (including an F5 levle tornado)....just to name a few of her feats.   
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son Of Storm: might as well try lol  i refuse to believe someone is THAT stupid "
You'd have better luck teaching Wolverine to be a pacifist.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Fire-brand
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Fire-brand said:

"e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

If these other claimed to have discovered this skill...with NO other bender displaying it, why would it be assumed that the previous avatars did this? Storm doesn't need all 4 elements to beat Aang. Nothing in the show ever proved that the avatar satate gives him the ability to even lift a mountain. And why would Storm be on the ground? She almost always takes to the air in battle, and she can sense seismic activity so if he shifted the earth she could sense it. And Storm's air feats are greater than Aang's. I am sure you have seen plenty of scans of Storm using her wind control in ways that Aang never has demonstrated.She has manipulated air pressure and created mountain shattering pressure domes, blown away the Hulk ( I can recall 2 different occasions of this), blown down terminus, manipulated the air pressure in the lungs and ears of her opponents, created and cleared naturally existing tornadoes (including an F5 levle tornado)....just to name a few of her feats.    "
avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off and moved it off shore to make it an island. and storm doesn't have to be on the ground to get hit by earthbending. just because you make a new trick, doesn't mean nobody did it before you. i'm not saying aang can do it for this battle, but the odds are pretty good that a previous avatar discovered these skills. aang never uses his bending for attack, only for necessary defense. he said so himself. but because morals are off, he is going all out. besides blowing away the hulk isn't that hard if he's not holding on to anything. he also as a number of ways to escape if the battle turns bad.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand: Storm's winds can batter starships, shatter every bone in a beast's body, level skyscrapers, hurl giants, even drill through mountains and contain nukes. I have never seen an air bender do anything close to this in the avatar series.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Fire-brand:
LOL....true. I recall the episode where Kyoshi created Kyoshi island by breaking off that portion of the earth but I am just saying that Storm is not likely to fight him on the ground. Also, even if he threw rocks or brought rocks with him into the air, she can still counter these attacks. My thing is, if any of the past avatars learned blood bending, why wouldn't he use it on Ozai to prevent him from fighting Aang at the end? Or metal bend the fire nation battle ships ( he was on them several times in the avatar state)? He could have blood bended Ozai into position and then removed his bending that way. Instead, he countered Ozai's attacks and then pinned him with earth. I think the show supports that blood or mteal bending was not a skill an avatar has previous used, and were feats unique to Toph and Katara (and Hama).
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Fire-brand said:

"e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

If these other claimed to have discovered this skill...with NO other bender displaying it, why would it be assumed that the previous avatars did this? Storm doesn't need all 4 elements to beat Aang. Nothing in the show ever proved that the avatar satate gives him the ability to even lift a mountain. And why would Storm be on the ground? She almost always takes to the air in battle, and she can sense seismic activity so if he shifted the earth she could sense it. And Storm's air feats are greater than Aang's. I am sure you have seen plenty of scans of Storm using her wind control in ways that Aang never has demonstrated.She has manipulated air pressure and created mountain shattering pressure domes, blown away the Hulk ( I can recall 2 different occasions of this), blown down terminus, manipulated the air pressure in the lungs and ears of her opponents, created and cleared naturally existing tornadoes (including an F5 levle tornado)....just to name a few of her feats.    "
avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off and moved it off shore to make it an island. and storm doesn't have to be on the ground to get hit by earthbending. just because you make a new trick, doesn't mean nobody did it before you. i'm not saying aang can do it for this battle, but the odds are pretty good that a previous avatar discovered these skills. aang never uses his bending for attack, only for necessary defense. he said so himself. but because morals are off, he is going all out. besides blowing away the hulk isn't that hard if he's not holding on to anything. he also as a number of ways to escape if the battle turns bad. "

The piece was not the size of a continent, It was more of the size of an island. It was a continent that it was being separated from.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Fire-brand
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
" @Fire-brand: LOL....true. I recall the episode where Kyoshi created Kyoshi island by breaking off that portion of the earth but I am just saying that Storm is not likely to fight him on the ground. Also, even if he threw rocks or brought rocks with him into the air, she can still counter these attacks. My thing is, if any of the past avatars learned blood bending, why wouldn't he use it on Ozai to prevent him from fighting Aang at the end? Or metal bend the fire nation battle ships ( he was on them several times in the avatar state)? He could have blood bended Ozai into position and then removed his bending that way. Instead, he countered Ozai's attacks and then pinned him with earth. I think the show supports that blood or mteal bending was not a skill an avatar has previous used, and were feats unique to Toph and Katara (and Hama). "

well, aang would never blood bend anyone due to his morals, and there weren't that many times he was on a fire nation ship AND in the avatar state that i can think of.i just find it hard to believe that 1000 generations of incredibly powerful benders never learned these skills. it's not like they are particularly hard, you just need to know them. but it doesn't really matter.

@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand: Storm's winds can batter starships, shatter every bone in a beast's body, level skyscrapers, hurl giants, even drill through mountains and contain nukes. I have never seen an air bender do anything close to this in the avatar series. "
now you have my attention. when did she contain a nuke with just wind? was it canon? i somehow doubt it or else Rbysjti would have brought it up before. but please, enlighten me.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#147  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: That's why he said piece of a continent.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By FLCL1
@Storm Calling said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Fire-brand said:

"e @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

" @Sherlock said:

avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off and moved it off shore to make it an island. and storm doesn't have to be on the ground to get hit by earthbending. just because you make a new trick, doesn't mean nobody did it before you. i'm not saying aang can do it for this battle, but the odds are pretty good that a previous avatar discovered these skills. aang never uses his bending for attack, only for necessary defense. he said so himself. but because morals are off, he is going all out. besides blowing away the hulk isn't that hard if he's not holding on to anything. he also as a number of ways to escape if the battle turns bad. "
The piece was not the size of a continent, It was more of the size of an island. It was a continent that it was being separated from. "

learn to read 

"avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off " 

where did he state it was the size of a continent? because when i read he said it was an island
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Storm Calling
@Fire-brand said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Fire-brand: Storm's winds can batter starships, shatter every bone in a beast's body, level skyscrapers, hurl giants, even drill through mountains and contain nukes. I have never seen an air bender do anything close to this in the avatar series. "

now you have my attention. when did she contain a nuke with just wind? was it canon? i somehow doubt it or else Rbysjti would have brought it up before. but please, enlighten me. "
 Uncanny X-Men #459 Storm contained a nuke by generating a jovian pressure field, and bishop sent it off into space to release it.

learn to read 

"avatar kyoshi broke an entire piece of a continent off " 

where did he state it was the size of a continent? because when i read he said it was an island 

I read your post just find, I was merely pointing out that the feat was not all that great. She simply detached a piece of the earth off of the continent to create an island. It wasn't even mind blowingly all that large.

Storm has generated and dispersed storm's the size of a hemisphere, now that's a lot more impressive.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Storm Calling: IIRC Rachel Summers was assisting her with the nuke.