User Lists: 0

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Weather Wizard should be useless here due to Storm. I wonder if Shadow Thief could get through Sue's force-fields?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tornadoes in their stomachs

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Weather Wizard should be useless here due to Storm. I wonder if Shadow Thief could get through Sue's force-fields?

Hehehehehe

No. In fact, Weather Wizard and her would be, at the very least, interlocked in a long and grueling struggle. Thats not if Weather Wizard just makes her explode. Considering he would do it if she annoys him.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

No. In fact, Weather Wizard and her would be, at the very least, interlocked in a long and grueling struggle. Thats not if Weather Wizard just makes her explode. Considering he would do it if she annoys him.

I highly doubt Weather Wizard could make Storm explode with wind in her belly or however he says he does it. Were talking about a character who has shown more control over the weather than even Thor.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

I highly doubt Weather Wizard could make Storm explode with wind in her belly or however he says he does it. Were talking about a character who has shown more control over the weather than even Thor.

We're also talking about seperate universes.

As far as raw power goes though, I've yet to see Storm to anything alike Mark.

On another note, I have to ask, I read somewhere that Storms power weakens when away from Planet Earth? Is this true?

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sue and Ororo

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

WW & ST.

spartanpgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

On another note, I have to ask, I read somewhere that Storms power weakens when away from Planet Earth? Is this true?

not too sure about this. I know that Storm has control over extraterrestrial weather patterns, space lightning, and atmospheric patterns that arent native to Earth's nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere. She can create solar winds, ect.

she has also changed the molecular structure of her lightning for a variety of effects, primarily to change her costume in the Dark Phoenix Saga.

quasi related, this is a post about Storm's Omega mutant status, and that of some of the other Omegas in the X-men. I didnt write the post, its attributed to user Romafireheart on Marvelheroes.com

Have you all forgotten, she's on her own level of "Goddess"

Her mutation aside, she is also from a line of Sorceresses, Shamans and Mystics. I could be wrong but I don't think there has ever been a proper explanation of Storms power, it's on such a level that it should belong to a "god type". She is basically "Gaia", the life force, air, earth, fire, water. That's how she connects with other planets as well, she "tunes" in to planets' frequency and then bends them to her will. She could fly to Jupiter and stop the storms, she could go to Mars and cause a planet-wide flood, she could go into the Sun and alter it's structure from Plasma/Fire/Energy to Ice.

In other games she would be an "Elementalist", an Avatar of the life force of a planet. Her entire body is basically a conduit for the earths energy, that's why they wrote her with so many dramatic comments when she used her power, it was imho a depiction of her emotional state being made external, butterfly effect, chaos theory. She's "Channeling" the planetary power through her. Which in turn, ties her emotions to the eco-system, she gets ticked off, chaos happens, she calms, the sky clears. That's what "Control of her emotions/power" is implying. No one is saying that she can't control her power, but that her emotions, her will-power, are tied to them, she looses control of her emotions, she will loose control of the subtle energies.

Another example is when she gets trapped under stuff, her claustraphobia takes control and she looses control of her powers briefly and usually free's herself by instinct (big explosion to free her).

A long time ago, over 15 years ago, there was something I had read that talked about each mutants power potential. Storms was unlimited, if her power kept progressing, she had the potential to become Life & Death itself, all of reality is made out of Earth Air Fire & Water and she has power over that. Jubilee for example, her power had the "potential" of pure nuclear atomic destruction on any scale of her choosing. From giant city sized plasma blobs to tiny atomic molecular explosions that rip reality apart.

Cyclops had the potential to become as powerful and as pure as the red color ray, infra-red, dwarf-star type of power.

Xavier had the potential of becoming the "Global Consciousness Grid" of Earth, the voice of the planet and all it's inhabitants.

Jean Grey pretty much had hers happen with the Phoenix Saga, but even there they toned it down, due to the intense nature of Telekinesis and Telepathy being combined and basically, with just those two abilities, the potential, is EVERYTHING. All Life, all thought, all matter and anti-matter, everything. Hence why they keep killing her off, she would make Scarlet Witchs' reality bending powers look like "I love Lucy".

So, Storms power, think of her like a walking Planet, she even hears the planets cries of pain, even if she is on the other side of that planet or on one of it's moons, as long as she has bonded to a planet, she is connected to it. The sky, the water, the mountains, the fires and everything that goes with it, lava, sand, tsunamis, blood in the veins even. If it's from the planet she's tuning into, she has power over it. On top of that, she has her Sorcery background which she mainly uses for "protection", hence the amulet of her mother and all the storylines in Africa.

She suffers from this much power though, no one would know how to write her aside from a team of a Quantum Physicist, a string theoriest, a weather expert, an astromoer, and a shaman.

So understand everyone, that this topic, is so beyond open ended that it could go on eternally. Scientists today, don't even understand what the human body is capable of, let alone a mutant body, and one that is bonded with the life force of a planet and it's universe. She is pure potential and the only limit is her emotional capacity. So the question to ask isn't "What can she do", it's "How long can she keep it up" because bottom line, if it has anything to do with the primary elements of life, in some way, she will bend it to her will. Which is another reason why she is so resilient to Telepathy and Mind Control being used on her.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

@New_World_Order said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

Very true.

The last two questions i believe @darkraiden can answer for you.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

I've actually seen her get stronger in space. She once did a ridiculous feat of channeling energy from like 1000 stars or something.

As for raw power, she hurts the likes of Surfer, Hulk, Stardust (Herald of Galactus) and has used her wind to threaten Emma Frost's diamond form, the same on Hulk couldn't hurt. Her lightning has overloaded Polaris so much that her powers penetrated the core of the earth and....other stuff.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@New_World_Order said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

That is false. Storm's powers fluctuate when away from Earth and has done so on any occasions. Most notably the time she and the X-men visited the Trion dimension, she was able to best the Trion and heal their dimension. In her mini series, she created various powerfull effects on an alien planet. She sent an entire group casacading with the force of her bolts. Even on the moon she generated an F5 tornado in the blink of an eye. Where there is an atmosphere she can manipulate it.

spartanpgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartanpgh

@agent41 said:

@darkraiden said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

@nickthedevil said:

@New_World_Order said:

Hehehehehe

I've actually seen her get stronger in space. She once did a ridiculous feat of channeling energy from like 1000 stars or something.

As for raw power, she hurts the likes of Surfer, Hulk, Stardust (Herald of Galactus) and has used her wind to threaten Emma Frost's diamond form, the same on Hulk couldn't hurt. Her lightning has overloaded Polaris so much that her powers penetrated the core of the earth and....other stuff.

storm hurting silver surfer with lightnings is PIS,he can absorb energy,he can live inside stars,hurting hulk copnsidering the things hulk has been able to withstand also seems unlikely.

$10 gets you $20 that says that 9/10 if Silver Surfer is injured, its energy attack related. Thats pretty much the name of the game in the cosmic arena.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really good question. I'm not entirely sure of the answer, TBH. Are her shields resistant to non physical attacks like telepathy or TK? If they are, then I'd assume they would resist his shadow powers as well.

As far as the rest of the battle goes, I think Storm is a better weather manipulator than WW.

And I've read on multiple battle threads that Invisible Woman can just expand a force field inside someone's head. I don't think she has ever actually done this in the comics, but the OP says win by any means.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: no, storm powers works good on any planet. Her powers work even better in space.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 2

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not familiar enough with ST so Il wait see some feats for him before deciding.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

The weather actively protects WW....i'm not to sure if it would disobey Ororo's commands, has mark ever faced someone whose atmospheric powers can contend with storm's? has the weather ever protected him against someone on her level? between these two that is the deciding factor but given that storm can alter her perception and see the energy i highly doubt he'd be summoning things that she wouldn't know about and interfered with it, added to the fact that she is completly in synch with her environment at all times as she explained to forge indicating she would be able to tell exactly when the rain would fall ...meaning whatever he's doing she would guess correctly what it is before it even completely manifested and don't don't sue's powers block out psionic energy as well?....OR sue could just outright kill mark while storm fetches ice mochas for them both (not too sure about shadow thief so more info please.) The tricky thing about storm's powers is that she manipulates the energies behind the weather...the second WW generates any manifestation she would most likely turn it back on him...i mean...the woman has a LONG track record of overpowering elementals....*cough* meruda *cough*

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By XiiX

@malachi_munroe: I'm roughly familiar with Shadow-Thief, but scans of his feats are difficult to come by(as he isn't a terribly popular character anyway).

His most well known feat is probably taking on a team of Firestorm, Vixen, Shining-Knight, and Captain Marvel. Though the fight never came to a definitive conclusion due to Shadow-Thief killing Firestorm.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sue solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@malachi_munroe: I'm roughly familiar with Shadow-Thief, but scans of his feats are difficult to come by(as he isn't a terribly popular character anyway).

His most well known feat is probably taking on a team of Firestorm, Vixen, Shining-Knight, and Captain Marvel. Though the fight never came to a definitive conclusion due to Shadow-Thief killing Firestorm.

XIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX, my boy xiix. Its been an entire week since ive heard from you.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadow thief wins. he got a huge powerup before the reboot.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XiiX

@jagernutt: Ha. Was wondering where you've been.

How've you been, jagernutt?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@jagernutt: Ha. Was wondering where you've been.

How've you been, jagernutt?

Im ok. Just trying to run a couple of bussinesses. It can be time consuming. Plus my brother got me stuck on this cell phone game War Of Nations.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

whoah...thats impressive! i think you just sparked my interest in this character...

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By XiiX

@jagernutt: I hear you man. But then again, those comics ain't cheap, haha.

I mostly stick to DC Universe online, myself. Also catching up to(or catching onto) the first seaon of Game of Thrones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@jagernutt: I hear you man. But then again, those comics ain't cheap, haha.

I mostly stick to DC Universe online, myself. Also catching up to(or catching onto) the first seaon of Game of Thrones.

DC universe? My brother's character is Supersurfer on DCU. I havent been on in a minute, but im ShawnFrost.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

@malachi_munroe: Haha, thanks. Yeah he's generally very underutilized and unrecognized, but when he seldom makes appearances he's proven quite dangerous.

I haven't read the story involving it yet, but I hear he was also further amped by another vastly underrated/unrecognized villain, Starbreaker.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Yes, my bro is PS4.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Nice. Right now I'm mostly playing as a hero/sorcery-healer under the name "Barren Graves".

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@xiix: well damn....he needs to be used a whole lot more..i guess its safe to say he wins unless someone who follows up on sue can convince me otherwise.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By XiiX

@malachi_munroe: And if you're not already familiar with him, I recommend checking out Starbreaker.

The dude literally eats stars like sushi, and smacks Superman with the force of a supernova like nothing.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking that the Shadow Thief solos

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Team 2 because of Shadow Thief

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@malachi_munroe: And if you're not already familiar with him, I recommend checking out Starbreaker.

The dude literally eats stars like sushi, and smacks Superman with the force of a supernova like nothing.

whoah .. thats .. some serious power.

i think so also .. but how the heck is he getting through sue's shields? O_o

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

Intangibilty

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: whoah .. i didn't know intangible people/objects could get through those things ..

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@malachi_munroe said:
@ancient_0f_days said:

Intangibilty

Intangibility can be negated with electricity. I love WW but his durability is trash. Team 1 wins.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww I was hoping the OP'd use crazy Iraeli Mossad agent xenophiliac Shadow Thief!

hiddenforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hiddenforce

Invisible Woman solos I dont see anyone from team 2 getting past her Force Field