Steve Rodgers V.S Bruce Wayne H2H

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Steve Rodgers V.S Bruce Wayne H2H (174 votes)

Steve Rodgers 59%
Bruce Wayne 41%

No costumes or equipment

Fight takes place in UFC octagon, wearing standard MMA gear

616 and Pre 52

No knowledge or prep

Round 1

Morals on - Fight to KO

Round 2

Bloodlust - Fight to the death

• 
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghost_knight

I think you've missed my point. My point wasn't that those feats are 'fake' or that they don't come from actual comics. My point was that (according to several reputable Bat-fans), many of those feats are taken out of context, negating their validity.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By willpayton

Bruce both rounds.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By jashro44

@ghost_knight:

Actually, Prometheus only won because he was prepared to fight Batman and the JLA plus he was using strobe lights to disorient him this is even mentioned in the JLA Ultimate Guide. So, that can't be counted as a fair straight hth victory especially since it happened off panel.

In the second battle, we actually see Batman outright beat him to his knees in hth combat despite Prometheus using his weaponry. It's only after Prometheus shots Batman with an explosive bullet at point blank range that Bruce resorts to using his prep time via the virus he tailor made for Prometheus' armor which shuts it down rendering him completely helpless.

Keep in mind, Prometheus had the combined skills of the 30 best martial artists in the world including Batman's and yet he still needed help via his tech to bring Bruce down the first time around.

From what my research tells me its actually the opposite. Batman dismantled his computerized helmet and deleted all the skills he had downloaded before he fought Prometheus a second time. I would like to see a scan about the strobe light.

"But a humbled batman later dismantled the villains computerized helmet and deleted his virtual combat programs."

So he beat Prometheus without all those fighting styles downloaded in. I will wait for you to post the scan of the strobe light.

Avatar image for amalgamuniverse
amalgamuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think that Bruce is a far superior fighter, but Steve might have an advantage because the Serum granted him strength in the order of 1,200 pounds, as opposed to Bruce's 800.

Ghost_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@ghost_knight:

Actually, Prometheus only won because he was prepared to fight Batman and the JLA plus he was using strobe lights to disorient him this is even mentioned in the JLA Ultimate Guide. So, that can't be counted as a fair straight hth victory especially since it happened off panel.

In the second battle, we actually see Batman outright beat him to his knees in hth combat despite Prometheus using his weaponry. It's only after Prometheus shots Batman with an explosive bullet at point blank range that Bruce resorts to using his prep time via the virus he tailor made for Prometheus' armor which shuts it down rendering him completely helpless.

Keep in mind, Prometheus had the combined skills of the 30 best martial artists in the world including Batman's and yet he still needed help via his tech to bring Bruce down the first time around.

From what my research tells me its actually the opposite. Batman dismantled his computerized helmet and deleted all the skills he had downloaded before he fought Prometheus a second time. I would like to see a scan about the strobe light.

"But a humbled batman later dismantled the villains computerized helmet and deleted his virtual combat programs."

So he beat Prometheus without all those fighting styles downloaded in. I will wait for you to post the scan of the strobe light.

No Caption Provided

Sorry, I got the references wrong when I originally wrote my first post. I was talking about JLA #16 that shows Prometheus using his strobe lights not JLA Ultimate Guide that's my bad. I think I referenced the Ultimate Guide because it explains how Prometheus armor works including the lights in his bio as shown above

Anyway, the scenes where Prometheus is shown using his lights in combat against Batman are below.

1st Battle (JLA #16)

KOes Huntress using his helmets lights to hypnotize her then mentions how he's been waiting for Batman to arrive who comes up from behind him:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Skills%20Misc/jla16-iamprometheus1.jpg

Prometheus tells Batman about the 30 best martial arts skills he's downloaded into his helmet and then is shown resetting the lights on his helmet to produce strobe light effects that he explains to Batman before engaging him. He beats Bruce off panel so we didn't get to see how the fight played out exactly unlike the rematch:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Skills%20Misc/jla16-iamprometheus2.jpg

Rematch (JLA #37-38)

Batman confronts Prometheus to his face (just to show you he didn't use his prep time right away although he could've) after KOing Huntress yet again:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/darknight2k001/jla37-batmanconfrontsprometheus.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1a.jpg

Batman dominates Prometheus with just martial arts skill even with Prometheus using his Nightstick (note how powerful the Nightstick is said to be in his bio) and shooting him at point blank range with an explosive bullet (or mini missile its not made clear) both of which Bruce quickly recovers from mostly thanks to his Batsuit's body armor

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1b.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1c.jpg

After being shot, Batman then decides to finally use his prep time by shutting down Prometheus armor and KOes him

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-prometheus1a.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-prometheus1b.jpg

That's how the fight played out exactly. The JLA Ultimate Guide merely tells us how Batman crippled and finished Prometheus off without going into full detail of their battle.

@veshark said:

@ghost_knight

I think you've missed my point. My point wasn't that those feats are 'fake' or that they don't come from actual comics. My point was that (according to several reputable Bat-fans), many of those feats are taken out of context, negating their validity.

I figured that was the case which is why I said I post comic references to prove that I'm not lying about the feats in question as anyone can check and see on their own. Its also why I leave the comments section open on my site and invite anyone to comment if they have an issue, question, or suggestion about anything.

I'm always open for a second opinion about things if anyone has issue and its why I had help building the site and posting feats with an online buddy of mine in the first place.

But I am curious to know what feats do they (or anyone) take issue with.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By jashro44

@ghost_knight: There is no mention in your bio that the strobe lights had batman disorientated...And the scan of him touching his helmet is him downloading the disk to his brain. He even states he beat batman senseless to show that he could (using a strobe effect wouldn't show batman that he can beat him senseless) in the rematch. Another thing is that batman was standing right behind him when he explained how his strobe effect works against huntress. Batman is smart enough to know not to look at the strobe effect. I suppose its possible batman looked at the strobe light but from what you are showing me its seems unlikely IMO.

As for the rematch the ultimate guide states batman had all ready hacked the helmet and deleted his virtual programs before the fight began........So Prometheus didn't have the knowledge of the 30 best martial artists when batman fought him the second time.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#207  Edited By Superskrull86

I am not a batman fanboy, but superior fighting skills might be a deciding factor.

Ghost_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@ghost_knight: There is no mention in your bio that the strobe lights had batman disorientated...And the scan of him touching his helmet is him downloading the disk to his brain. He even states he beat batman senseless to show that he could (using a strobe effect wouldn't show batman that he can beat him senseless) in the rematch. Another thing is that batman was standing right behind him when he explained how his strobe effect works against huntress. Batman is smart enough to know not to look at the strobe effect. I suppose its possible batman looked at the strobe light but from what you are showing me its seems unlikely IMO.

Did you actually read my previous post?

I said that I got the references wrong and mentioned that I meant to say JLA #16 was scene that shows Prometheus using his strobe lights. Also, do you honestly believe Prometheus would mention his strobe lights just for the sake of show and tell if he wasn't using it? Sorry, that makes no sense especially given the all the other high tech weaponry he does carry around as shown when took down most of the other JLA and didn't mention them at all.

The main purpose of the strobe lights was to give him an added advantage over Batman which why he brought it up to begin with along with all the martial arts skills he just downloaded. Those were the plans he had in place to deal with Batman thus the reason why he was waiting for him. Notice he doesn't mention or use his strobe lights against the other JLA members and that's because he had special plans for everyone on the active JLA roster.

BTW, he didn't use his disorienting strobe light effects against Huntress if you re-read the scene again. He actually used hypnotic light effects which is explained in his bio (he can control/switch his helmets lights to produce different effects) and why he even bothers to mention to Bruce that he reset them to produce a strobe light effect before engaging him.

@jashro44 said:

@ghost_knight:

As for the rematch the ultimate guide states batman had all ready hacked the helmet and deleted his virtual programs before the fight began........So Prometheus didn't have the knowledge of the 30 best martial artists when batman fought him the second time.

Yes he did. Again, you didn't actually read the scene.

If you notice when Batman does activate the virus to shut down Prometheus' armor you can see Bruce say that he just rewrote the information on his disk and wiped the martial arts & gymnastics programs clean. Bruce then explains that he's just replaced all his programming with something else which does prove they were still there all along (up until he hit the switch anyway).

It's afterwards, that we see Batman was able to finally finish Prometheus off who was helpless to do anything due to being crippled.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_knight:

I said that I got the references wrong and mentioned that I meant to say JLA #16 was scene that shows Prometheus using his strobe lights. Also, do you honestly believe Prometheus would mention his strobe lights just for the sake of show and tell if he wasn't using it? Sorry, that makes no sense especially given the all the other high tech weaponry he does carry around as shown when took down most of the other JLA and didn't mention them at all. The main purpose of the strobe lights was to give him an added advantage over Batman which why he brought it up to begin with along with all the martial arts skills he just downloaded. Those were the plans he had in place to deal with Batman thus the reason why he was waiting for him. Notice he doesn't mention or use his strobe lights against the other JLA members and that's because he had special plans for everyone on the active JLA roster.

BTW, he didn't use his disorienting strobe light effects against Huntress if you re-read the scene again. He actually used hypnotic light effects which is explained in his bio (he can control/switch his helmets lights to produce different effects) and why he even bothers to mention to Bruce that he reset them to produce a strobe light effect before engaging him.

I misread the scan in question. Apologies but I am tired today.

If you notice when Batman does activate the virus to shut down Prometheus' armor you can see Bruce say that he just rewrote the information on his disk and wiped the martial arts & gymnastics programs clean. Bruce then explains that he's just replaced all his programming with something else which does prove they were still there all along (up until he hit the switch anyway).

It's afterwards, that we see Batman was able to finally finish Prometheus off who was helpless to do anything due to being crippled.

He states he just rewrote the current information on his disks. He could have replaced the skills and reflexes of the best martial artists before the fight started and replaced it with someone inferior (not necessarily Steven Hawkins but someone else) or removed some of the more impressive fighters from the helmet. Or he could have studied which styles Prometheus preferred to use and could have used different styles Prometheus didn't anticipate and surprise Prometheus like that. The prep in that fight makes it iffy.

Honestly batman shouldn't be able to beat Prometheus....He has all the skill and reflexes of batman and 29 other fighters. Its hard to say how batmans prep affected the battle. I would assume the prep gave batman the edge the second time around because IIRC Prometheus's apprentice stomped lady shiva in like 3 seconds, who is usually treated as an equal to batman.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_knight

Well, good for you for maintaining a level of openness then. If you're curious to know which feats they take issue with, you're more than welcome to PM your site's detractors in the thread I linked to.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By krauser99

@ghost_knight said:
@jashro44 said:

@ghost_knight:

No Caption Provided

Sorry, I got the references wrong when I originally wrote my first post. I was talking about JLA #16 that shows Prometheus using his strobe lights not JLA Ultimate Guide that's my bad. I think I referenced the Ultimate Guide because it explains how Prometheus armor works including the lights in his bio as shown above

Anyway, the scenes where Prometheus is shown using his lights in combat against Batman are below.

1st Battle (JLA #16)

KOes Huntress using his helmets lights to hypnotize her then mentions how he's been waiting for Batman to arrive who comes up from behind him:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Skills%20Misc/jla16-iamprometheus1.jpg

Prometheus tells Batman about the 30 best martial arts skills he's downloaded into his helmet and then is shown resetting the lights on his helmet to produce strobe light effects that he explains to Batman before engaging him. He beats Bruce off panel so we didn't get to see how the fight played out exactly unlike the rematch:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Skills%20Misc/jla16-iamprometheus2.jpg

Rematch (JLA #37-38)

Batman confronts Prometheus to his face (just to show you he didn't use his prep time right away although he could've) after KOing Huntress yet again:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/darknight2k001/jla37-batmanconfrontsprometheus.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1a.jpg

Batman dominates Prometheus with just martial arts skill even with Prometheus using his Nightstick (note how powerful the Nightstick is said to be in his bio) and shooting him at point blank range with an explosive bullet (or mini missile its not made clear) both of which Bruce quickly recovers from mostly thanks to his Batsuit's body armor

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1b.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsprometheus-jla1c.jpg

After being shot, Batman then decides to finally use his prep time by shutting down Prometheus armor and KOes him

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-prometheus1a.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-prometheus1b.jpg

That's how the fight played out exactly. The JLA Ultimate Guide merely tells us how Batman crippled and finished Prometheus off without going into full detail of their battle.

@veshark said:

@ghost_knight

I figured that was the case which is why I said I post comic references to prove that I'm not lying about the feats in question as anyone can check and see on their own. Its also why I leave the comments section open on my site and invite anyone to comment if they have an issue, question, or suggestion about anything.

I'm always open for a second opinion about things if anyone has issue and its why I had help building the site and posting feats with an online buddy of mine in the first place.

But I am curious to know what feats do they (or anyone) take issue with.

Your interpretation seems like from what I remember as well. The guide book is rather vague on the details of how the fight went as a play by play basis.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By krauser99

@jashro44 said:

@ghost_knight:

I said that I got the references wrong and mentioned that I meant to say JLA #16 was scene that shows Prometheus using his strobe lights. Also, do you honestly believe Prometheus would mention his strobe lights just for the sake of show and tell if he wasn't using it? Sorry, that makes no sense especially given the all the other high tech weaponry he does carry around as shown when took down most of the other JLA and didn't mention them at all. The main purpose of the strobe lights was to give him an added advantage over Batman which why he brought it up to begin with along with all the martial arts skills he just downloaded. Those were the plans he had in place to deal with Batman thus the reason why he was waiting for him. Notice he doesn't mention or use his strobe lights against the other JLA members and that's because he had special plans for everyone on the active JLA roster.

BTW, he didn't use his disorienting strobe light effects against Huntress if you re-read the scene again. He actually used hypnotic light effects which is explained in his bio (he can control/switch his helmets lights to produce different effects) and why he even bothers to mention to Bruce that he

reset

them to produce a strobe light effect before engaging him.

I misread the scan in question. Apologies but I am tired today.

If you notice when Batman does activate the virus to shut down Prometheus' armor you can see Bruce say that he

just

rewrote the information on his disk and wiped the martial arts & gymnastics programs clean. Bruce then explains that he's just replaced all his programming with something else which does prove they were still there all along (up until he hit the switch anyway).

He states he just rewrote the current information on his disks. He could have replaced the skills and reflexes of the best martial artists before the fight started and replaced it with someone inferior (not necessarily Steven Hawkins but someone else) or removed some of the more impressive fighters from the helmet. Or he could have studied which styles Prometheus preferred to use and could have used different styles Prometheus didn't anticipate and surprise Prometheus like that. The prep in that fight makes it iffy.

Honestly batman shouldn't be able to beat Prometheus....He has all the skill and reflexes of batman and 29 other fighters. Its hard to say how batmans prep affected the battle. I would assume the prep gave batman the edge the second time around because IIRC Prometheus's apprentice stomped lady shiva in like 3 seconds, who is usually treated as an equal to batman.

Although I agree Prom is a beast. He reminds me of Taskmaster as he has his up's and down's. Like the rematch fight or his fight with Huntress who actually was more impressive then Shiva with her durability and crudeness against the apprentice IIRC.

I wonder if Prom has the knowledge but lacks the real life experience of the others which could be his weakness.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cap wins both rounds. He's just as skilled as Bruce, and is physically superior.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wolverine08: I've noticed you say a lot of people are as skilled as Bruce. You've mentioned Wolverine, Daredevil and now Steve.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Wolverine008

@monsterstomp:

I would only call five people in Marvel just as skilled as Bruce.

Captain America

Wolverine

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Black Panther

My gripe is that people tend to play down top tier martial artists skills when they put them up against Batman, and try make them out to be brutish chumps. It's aggravating.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wolverine08: Black Panther should be on that list too. If you ask me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Oh crap, I said Daredevil twice. I actually meant to put BP in there.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Captain America can beat current Bruce in a pretty good fight. I can't just ignore the fight he had with Lincoln March who was dragging Batman all over the place.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Voted Capt.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well God damn, I read this entire thread! It got pretty heated. I'm gonna go with Cap because people have made some VERY, VERY compelling arguments as to why he wins...most Batman arguments just involve "Batman is better because he's a master of 6,000 martial arts" or "Cap isn't enhanced he's peak" and they just generally ignore the scans and logic that has been posted proving that Cap IS enhanced and that Cap IS as skilled of a fighter as Bruce. I feel that people look towards the Handbooks and not enough in the scans.....when the scans prove so much more than the Handbooks do.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

well God damn, I read this entire thread! It got pretty heated. I'm gonna go with Cap because people have made some VERY, VERY compelling arguments as to why he wins...most Batman arguments just involve "Batman is better because he's a master of 6,000 martial arts" or "Cap isn't enhanced he's peak" and they just generally ignore the scans and logic that has been posted proving that Cap IS enhanced and that Cap IS as skilled of a fighter as Bruce. I feel that people look towards the Handbooks and not enough in the scans.....when the scans prove so much more than the Handbooks do.

Quoted for the truth.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

Quoted for the truth.

2nd

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap both rounds. Unlike Batman, Cap is slightly more willing to take a life.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By HULKANGRY

Steve Rodgers.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By vj21oq

many are saying that they both are on the same level of skill. there is a difference between mastering martial arts and learning them. batman has mastered 127 martial arts. captain america has learned many martial arts but has not mastered them. so, batman is definitely a tire above captain america in terms of skill

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve pummels him to death

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve beats the crap out of him.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve due to superior physicals and good skill.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce is more skilled.