Steve Rodgers V.S Bruce Wayne H2H

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Steve Rodgers V.S Bruce Wayne H2H (174 votes)

Steve Rodgers 59%
Bruce Wayne 41%

No costumes or equipment

Fight takes place in UFC octagon, wearing standard MMA gear

616 and Pre 52

No knowledge or prep

Round 1

Morals on - Fight to KO

Round 2

Bloodlust - Fight to the death

• 
sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capt should win this. He has enhanced physicals. Only reason Batman ever wins against capt, would be because of gear.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is very slightly stronger, but I think Bruce is more brutal and possibly better fighter. I'd say Bruce. But he'll have fight of his life.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve round 1

Bruce round 2

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve round 1

Bruce round 2

Care to explain why?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like snyc1 said, Cap has the ss serum so his endurance is beyond Bruces

I got Steve in both rounds outlasting Bruce

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bruce has done some amazing stuff in terms of endurance. Although Cap can endure more, I wouldn't put Cap that much above him in anything.

Round 1 - goes either way

Round 2 - I'd give it to Bruce. Nerve strikes and knowing many ways to kill his opponent

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap fought in World War II. I believe he is good at killing as well

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bunt947 said:

Cap fought in World War II.

Bruce fought all his life.

Bruce wins.

crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce is a better fighter but cap is no slouch so will get his hits in from speed alone

with caps enhanced durability and k.o power he takes both rounds

correct me if im wrong but cap does have the power to break a normal mans arm with a single blow yes, if that is the case even blocking blows wont do much for bruce in this case

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: True and imo the SS Serum kinda makes this fight unfair, cause if Bruce cant end this fight quickly he's gonna tire before Steve.

Batmans at his best usually with combing his fighting technique with his stealth and gear but in the Octagon there's nowhere to run and he'll be forced to face Rogers head-on

I think its close too as all fights between these two go, but imo Cap would eventually wear Bruce down if Bruce doesn't get the KO or chokeout quickly

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By russellmania77

batman

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap actually isn't that much stronger than Bruce. If anything, I give Rogers the win based off durability and stamina. Steve also has a slight edge in raw speed, but I think that's evened out by the precision with which Bruce Wayne's movements are coordinated (deflecting machine gun fire off his gauntlets for example)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RBT

Durability? Lets see. A not holding back, stronger version of Superman(from future) threw Bruce at bat car and he stood up seconds laster. So, no. Cap is hardly more durable than him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dondave

Bruce

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are scans to show Cap. is stronger than Bruce?

And since when did Cap know 127 different types of martial arts, including developing one of his own? I don't see Cap. winning either rounds.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: True and imo the SS Serum kinda makes this fight unfair, cause if Bruce cant end this fight quickly he's gonna tire before Steve.

Batmans at his best usually with combing his fighting technique with his stealth and gear but in the Octagon there's nowhere to run and he'll be forced to face Rogers head-on

I think its close too as all fights between these two go, but imo Cap would eventually wear Bruce down if Bruce doesn't get the KO or chokeout quickly

I can agree with that. But Batman usually isn't the person to try to keep a fight going. He'd try to at least do some damage before going in for the final blow.

And the Octagon actually has plenty room to run. You can just climb the cage. A guy that outclasses him in some way is nothing new to Bruce. Other than that insane endurance that Cap has. Round 1 is harder than round 2 to debate on to me.

@rbt said:

Durability? Lets see. A not holding back, stronger version of Superman(from future) threw Bruce at bat car and he stood up seconds laster. So, no. Cap is hardly more durable than him.

.... What? I'm pretty sure that's PIS or Superman didn't throw him that hard, OR it was non-canon.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RBT

@Batman242 It was very much canon(i think so). It was in the Superman/Batman issue with a huge kryptonite meteor approaching the earth. Superman from future was going for kill.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

Cap. Faster, stronger, and more durable. Greater stamina too. Also, I don't buy Batman's number of styles will save him. Captain America has fought people that know more styles and were superhuman, and did incredibly well.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Bruce is more skilled but Cap is slightly stronger and faster. But Batman has fought Bane who is also skilled and way stronger so I say Bruce.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Batman242 It was very much canon(i think so). It was in the Superman/Batman issue with a huge kryptonite meteor approaching the earth. Superman from future was going for kill.

Can you show the scan?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Batman242 I'm using mobile. But it did happen.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. Faster, stronger, and more durable. Greater stamina too. Also, I don't buy Batman's number of styles will save him. Captain America has fought people that know more styles and were superhuman, and did incredibly well.

Know more styles? Like who? Batman has also fought superhumans, I would say many more than Captain America, and has done well against pretty much all of them, without prep most the time I might add.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By heroesgold

Hmm, It could go either way, but I'm leaning more towards Batman because he seems to have superior skill.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

What issue is it? I can read it soon.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Batman242 Superman/Batman Vol 12.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Kingdom Come Superman didn't drop the car on Bruce, he disappeared before he could and Superman flew Batman away before it dropped on him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Batman242 Superman/Batman Vol 12.

It's Superman/Batman issue 2 not 12

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave It's Public Enemies 2. Plus I wasn't talking about dropping the car on Bruce. Before that Superman threw him at the car.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@dondave It's Public Enemies 2. Plus I wasn't talking about dropping the car on Bruce. Before that Superman threw him at the car.

My Bad, It's Superman/ Batman issue 2 but part of the Public Enemies Storyarc

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate: Taskmaster, Black Panther, and Wolverine know more styles and all of them are capable of superhuman shenanigans. Cap has shown himself quite capable with all three. Also, Batman's win/lose record is shaky, One moment, he's beating up man-bats, and the other he's getting made a fool of by the Joker and Two-Face.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Wolverine008

Lol at the nerds here who have never been in a fight and assume "Batman knows 127 martial arts, he's unbeatable!" Being a great fighter isn't about styles, itis about creating an efficient fighting system which allows you to adapt to anything somebody throws at you. Steve is an expert at this. When he fought Black Panther (someone who knows all the worlds martial arts) Panther notes that Steve had a fighting style that allowed him to "gilde" and "adapt" to anything thrown at him. All in all, Steve is an equally great fighter as Batman, and is physically superior to him, he should take both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol at the nerds here who have never been in a fight and assume "Batman knows 127 martial arts, he's unbeatable!" Being a great fighter isn't a about styles, itis about creating an efficient fighting system which allows you to adapt to anything somebody throws at you. Steve is an expert at this. When he fought Black Panther (someone who knows all the worlds martial arts) Panther notes that Steve had a fighting style that allowed him to "gilde" and "adapt" to anything thrown at him. All in all, Steve is an equally great fighter as Batman, and is physically superior to him, he should take both rounds.

I agree with this. It's always bugged me in the classic Batman vs Cap arguments when people start spouting "Batman knws 8934 mashal ertz!" So what? Caps been well trained, is great at adapting, and has experience to boot. He's also seen war and was the deciding difference in the fight against Hydra. Batman gets beaten up by villains then thinks of some awesome plan to defeat them, whereas Cap gets knocked down, gets back up, and caves their skull in with his shield.

If Batman fought Cap, he'd get knocked down, and he wouldn't be able to run away and make a plan. Atleast not in this scenario. It'd be a great fight, but neither one is noticeably more skilled than the other.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Veshark

Lol at the nerds here who have never been in a fight and assume "Batman knows 127 martial arts, he's unbeatable!" Being a great fighter isn't about styles, itis about creating an efficient fighting system which allows you to adapt to anything somebody throws at you. Steve is an expert at this. When he fought Black Panther (someone who knows all the worlds martial arts) Panther notes that Steve had a fighting style that allowed him to "gilde" and "adapt" to anything thrown at him. All in all, Steve is an equally great fighter as Batman, and is physically superior to him, he should take both rounds.

ERMAHGERD DONT U KNO BATMAN KNOWZ MORE DAN 127 MARTIAL ARTZ HEEZ UNDEFEATEDFEATABALE.

In all seriousness, what is it with 'Rodgers'? Why do people keep messing up the surname...it's Rogers without a D...jeez...

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Bruce better but cap is as skilled a fighter as u will find in comic books. In most of his battles he barely gets touched even against superhumans.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By visemoon

@sync1 said:

Capt should win this. He has enhanced physicals. Only reason Batman ever wins against capt, would be because of gear.

2nd that

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Read it yet?

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap should win this kind of close but he takes it

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bunt947 said:

Bruce wins.

Bruce has not "fought" longer than Captain America. That's a misleading comment. At best, they've both been at the hero thing for relatively the same length of time. Bruce has "trained" since childhood (i.e. since seeing his parents slaughtered before his eyes), and Steve since a young man of 18. But the serum has allowed Steve to learn and absorb lessons at a far faster rate than a "normal" human.

Point was, Bruce is not a killer. While he avoids killing, Steve has had to end a life on numerous occasions during the war. So why folks feel the "to the death" portion favors Bruce over Steve is beyond me. I don't see either as having a particular advantage over the other "morals off" and to the death. Like Batman, Captain America would be a beast without morals.

Fact is, pure hand to hand battle has to favor the enhanced human over the peak human. Steve has better "physical" feats over Batman - that's a fact that has been proven over and over again in numerous other threads.

Cap actually isn't that much stronger than Bruce. If anything, I give Rogers the win based off durability and stamina. Steve also has a slight edge in raw speed, but I think that's evened out by the precision with which Bruce Wayne's movements are coordinated (deflecting machine gun fire off his gauntlets for example)

I disagree Nick. Steve's significantly more enhanced than Bruce. Just his shield toss feats alone ... the one feat fans attach themselves to is his bench pressing pic. The visuals alone make that bar hoisting over 1000lbs an impossibility. There's no way there's 1000lbs on that bar. I still feel the artist, at most, was trying to suggest Bruce was benching 500lbs total. Which, even then, there are only a handful of people on this earth who could bench over 500lbs, let alone rep out with it.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve wins both rounds.

Due to the difference in physical stats, it would be like pitting a lightweight against a heavyweight (to stick with the MMA analogy given in the OP). The skill gap is not so extreme to justify Batman overpowering Steve in a pure hand to hand struggle given the difference in stats. Bats'll take a few, but not for a majority win.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@frozenphoenix said:

@bunt947 said:

Bruce wins.

Bruce has not "fought" longer than Captain America. That's a misleading comment. At best, they've both been at the hero thing for relatively the same length of time. Bruce has "trained" since childhood (i.e. since seeing his parents slaughtered before his eyes), and Steve since a young man of 18. But the serum has allowed Steve to learn and absorb lessons at a far faster rate than a "normal" human.

Point was, Bruce is not a killer. While he avoids killing, Steve has had to end a life on numerous occasions during the war. So why folks feel the "to the death" portion favors Bruce over Steve is beyond me. I don't see either as having a particular advantage over the other "morals off" and to the death. Like Batman, Captain America would be a beast without morals.

Fact is, pure hand to hand battle has to favor the enhanced human over the peak human. Steve has better "physical" feats over Batman - that's a fact that has been proven over and over again in numerous other threads.

@nickzambuto said:

I disagree Nick. Steve's significantly more enhanced than Bruce. Just his shield toss feats alone ... the one feat fans attach themselves to is his bench pressing pic. The visuals alone make that bar hoisting over 1000lbs an impossibility. There's no way there's 1000lbs on that bar. I still feel the artist, at most, was trying to suggest Bruce was benching 500lbs total. Which, even then, there are only a handful of people on this earth who could bench over 500lbs, let alone rep out with it.

Well said. A rough estimate puts Cap and Bruce at having fought for roughly the same time. And even when he was a superhero, Cap is often willing to end lives if need be. The first issue of Brubaker alone has Cap fatally injuring a bunch of train hijackers.

And Steve is a fair amount stronger than Bruce. Pre-52 Batman has some pretty high-end strength feats like punching through brick walls and lifting heavy sarcophagi, but at the end of the day, Cap still surpasses him in that department. This is someone who has knocked out superhumans like Namor and U.S. Agent, and deflected Mjonir's trajectory with a shield throw.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Alexander505

Batman very underestimate here...as I always thought, and now we have the prove.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

#1 Posted by sync1 (1421 posts) - 16 hours, 46 minutes ago - Show Bio

This. Superior physicals and comparable skills give Cap the win.

SeAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce know's several weak points of the body and i'm guessing he'd use that to his advantage plus batman has been trained from childhood and several skilled fighters from the DCU

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@batman242 said:

@rbt said:

Read it yet?

Nope, I'm actually still looking for it. What issue title and number is it exactly?

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cap wins round 1, due to superior physical stats

Bruce wins round 2 due to more lethal martial arts including Leopard Blow which can kill a human in one strike and cap is peak human,right?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Batman242 It's second issue of public enemies arc. The one where Metallo shot Superman with kryptonite.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@batman242 said:

@rbt said:

Read it yet?

Nope, I'm actually still looking for it. What issue title and number is it exactly?

Superman/Batman #2

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Steve wins both rounds.

Due to the difference in physical stats, it would be like pitting a lightweight against a heavyweight (to stick with the MMA analogy given in the OP). The skill gap is not so extreme to justify Batman overpowering Steve in a pure hand to hand struggle given the difference in stats. Bats'll take a few, but not for a majority win.

Cap America is trained and his endurance is a lot better than Bruce Banner's, but Bruce doesn't have to overpower him here, he just has to play it smart. An example would be Batman vs Deathstroke, Deathstroke having enhanced speed/strength/mind and is extremely skilled, Batman made it to the point where Deathstroke said he wouldn't want to fight him without his enhancements for the reason that Batman is so skilled. Deathstroke outclasses Captain America in nearly every attribute, yet if Batman put up a fight vs Deathstroke, then is goes to show that a simple stats in endurance/ speed will not be enough to claim the victory for captain america. It only helps Captain America compete with Bruce's skill. Bruce uses Nerve strikes, never really seen Captain America use any or be without his shield too much so he will be out of his comfort zone while bruce will not be.