Steel Serpent vs Alphonse Elric

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The adult Al's alkahestry travels have led him to defeat Shou-Lao. Before he can rightfully claim his power as the next Iron Fist, a unique stipulation arises; he must first defeat Davos in a duel to the death.

By some inexplicable circumstance, Al's body of armor is restored for the battle. He also has the Philosopher's Stone. 2003 anime, movie, and manga feats are all applicable here.

Each man is in character, but determined to win. They fight in the heart of K'un Lun. No civilians are around. They start off 40 feet apart.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Shame to see such a beautiful thread die so soon :(

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not idea who this Steel Serpent guy is, but I like the fact Alphonse is in a fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

Not idea who this Steel Serpent guy is, but I like the fact Alphonse is in a fight.

Iron Fist's archnemesis.

It's too bad this isn't drawing anybody. I didn't want to use Fat Cobra twice in two days, but it appears I should've.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: What can he do? Any ways of hurting a bullet-proof, bullet timing suit of armor who can generate smoke screens and building level earth constructs with a movement?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@shiryu: What can he do? Any ways of hurting a bullet-proof, bullet timing suit of armor who can generate smoke screens and building level earth constructs with a movement?

Pretty much has interchangeable powers with Iron Fist. Here's his Marvel Wiki entry:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Davos_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

Here's some stuff in a respect thread i found...

A clash between Davos and Danny annihilates a n entire floor of a building:

Brief fight with Danny:

Another fight with Danny:

Not much else I can find of him. I may just make this human Al, but I don't remember him having many feats in hand to hand combat.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Davos might be too fast and skilled for Al to tag but I'm also not sure how he hurts him.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel serpent solid majority but al can win a few

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverineistoaa: Why are you taking him for the majority?

@highaccuser: Serpent's Strike (or whatever it's called) won't do the trick?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sy8000

@shiryu: Can you remind me what that is again?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Seems like it's pretty much his version of the Iron Fist.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: If it has similar power he wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Even with Al's PS? Rapidly repairing armor and spamming flashbangs and giant conical domes won't help?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@highaccuser: Even with Al's PS? Rapidly repairing armor and spamming flashbangs and giant conical domes won't help?

Al doesn't really have the showings to hold up against Iron Fist level blows even with the Philosopher's stone honestly.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Normal Al loses to Steel Serpent. I'd say that the philosopher's stone would make most people win against him IMO. Not due to striking force but sheer overwhelming matter and energy generation. Not to mention offensive alchemy used on the snake directly. Turn him into a dying half-chicken monstrosity or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Normal Al loses to Steel Serpent. I'd say that the philosopher's stone would make most people win against him IMO. Not due to striking force but sheer overwhelming matter and energy generation. Not to mention offensive alchemy used on the snake directly. Turn him into a dying half-chicken monstrosity or something.

I know alchemists can bypass Equivalent Exchange with the stone and transmute humans, but it's better that we limit Al to what he has actually shown with the stone.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would that help him tank one of Davos' blows?

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Fair enough, but you get my point.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Not bad, but Alphonse has taken similar explosions. He's also bullet proof and a bullet timer who can defeat other skilled bullet timers, like Old Man Fu.

From what's been shown so far, I'm going with Al. He could tank quite a few blows and his PS powered alchemy should allow him to eventually win.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Don_Sevour

@highaccuser: Sounds a little uncreative, but, for example, he just puts a a growing mass of brick between them and flings him away. Or opens the ground and then smashes it around him. Or just fires energy at him. Or all of these things simultaneously. PS is just overwhelming if it's pure and in the hands of an alchemist from what i've seen. Too much versitility.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Sounds a little uncreative, but, for example, he just puts a a growing mass of brick between them and flings him away. Or opens the ground and then smashes it around him. Or just fires energy at him. Or all of these things simultaneously. PS is just overwhelming if it's pure and in the hands of an alchemist from what i've seen. Too much versitility.

He'd need to be fast enough to react, and given Davos can fight Iron Fist I'm not so sure of that.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: ...they're 40 feet apart, it's not a boxing ring.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: ...they're 40 feet apart, it's not a boxing ring.

The speed gap is significant though. Al can't react to someone of Danny's speed at all.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Don_Sevour

@highaccuser: he wouldn't really have to, at least not with any kind of specificity. PS+alchemy= AOE out the wazzo. AOE= no need for precision=easier and faster attacks. With 40 feet I see the entire terrain being used to kill snake, and it's entirely in character for an alchemist to use terrain (except with a PS it's much more area and power). Anyways, it's a good debate, but i'm growing tired. Feel free to reply, but I may not reply until tomorrow afternoon.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: How fast is this guy? Alphonse has no trouble with your standard bullet timers and can dodge bullets himself. He could also tank a couple of Serpent's attacks.

How is Serpent avoiding Al's AoE? Or seeing through his dust cloud? How long can he do this? Because Al never tires.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos

WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Cause Alphonse won't even initiate in a fight if their is even a small chance of people getting injured or killed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Cause Alphonse won't even initiate in a fight if their is even a small chance of people getting injured or killed.

No civilians around then.

WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al should win huge majority in my opinion.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steel Serpent got this