• 50 results
#1 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting distance: 150 yards

1 day of prep for both teams

Win by KO, Incapacitation, or Death

"Loebforce" disabled, Steel does not get the Entropy Aegis, Iron Man does not get Bleeding Edge/Fear Itself Armors

Natasha gets the Steel's Armor MK IV

All Pre and Post-Flashpoint feats allowed for Steel

Can the armored super-geniuses prevail against "Code Red"?

Steel, Natasha Irons, Iron Man, Code Red, Klaw

#2 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

Klaw was able to fight the avengers, i think he did lately although i think it was off-panel in Daredevil #3, and Code Red has Red She Hulk and Red Hulk who are more than capable to stand against Iron Man each by themselves.

Code Klaw takes this but barely given the fact both Steel and Tony are prep masters. However we the other team still has enough firepower, numbers, and some prep pros like Deadpool. 5.5/10 for Code Klaw.

#4 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Do you think that team Big IQ could get there hands on some Vibranium, Promethium, and/or Nth Metal in the allotted time to assist them against the danger Klaw represents?

#5 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Do you think that these team Big IQ could get there hands on some Vibranium, Promethium, and/or Nth Metal in the allotted time to assist them against the danger Klaw represents?

It doesn't matter if your the smartest person in the world. Nth metal, Primary Adamantium and Uru metal are EXTREMELY RARE and requires much more to find and apply to usefulness than 24 mere hours. I can say something similar about Vibranium and Promethium... You know... Slade didn't get his swords in 24 hours neither Cap's his shield. However, i do think they would have another factor under their sleeve to fight Klaw without significant trouble. Code Red is actually the big deal against Steel and Tony.

#6 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Understood. I wonder if Dr. Irons has Steve Dayton on speed dial. That would speed up getting his/their hands on some Promethium pretty damn quick, IMO. But I see your point. Hmm...

I'll add Natasha Irons with the Steel's Armor MK IV & its own version of the Kinetic Hammer.

#7 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Not to sound rude referring the people who you've contacted but only one of them seems legitimately knowledgeable, one of them hasn't made it past 500 posts and two of them are not knowledgeable...IMO.

#9 Posted by DarkRaiden (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like Iron Man can solo to me. With Steel, it should be a rather easy win. I don't know TOO much about Klaw though. That could change.Also I maybe have missed a member of code Red, so don't feel bad about calling someone out.

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

Boris isn't a threat with prep since currently he's dead so I don't know how that works anyway, Thundra and the Red Hulk's have no prep feats that I know of, Frank, Electra, and Wade may not be the best for this fight IMO since they are all street levelers who's prep may not extend too far and may not be a threat to anyone with only a day of prep. Not sure if there were any new members but based on the ones so far, only 3 of them have a chance of posing a remote threat to team 1. Klaw on the other hand is quite formidable and could actually pose a mean threat with prep but both Tony and John have access and resources that could earn them the win and with Natasha backing them up they can win solidly. Feats will follow shortly.

#11 Posted by beatboks1 (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: the only characters I have even so much as passing knowledge of on this thread is IM and John Henrey ( and that isn't anything since the first 8 issues of his solo after reign of Supemen so VERY outdated)

#12 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Not to sound rude referring the people who you've contacted but only one of them seems legitimately knowledgeable, one of them hasn't made it past 500 posts and two of them are not knowledgeable...IMO.

I like how beautifully easy the IMO at the end of everything softens comments like this. I do the same. *thumbs up*

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

I like how beautifully easy the IMO at the end of everything softens comments like this. I do the same. *thumbs up*

And with such softness, it complements the ambiguity of the entire statement...or at least most of it.

#14 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

And with such softness, it complements the ambiguity of the entire statement...or at least most of it.

Precisely... Makes subjectivity take place mostly hiding the objective meaning behind it. Total masterpiece of slang implementation.

#15 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: the only characters I have even so much as passing knowledge of on this thread is IM and John Henrey ( and that isn't anything since the first 8 issues of his solo after reign of Supemen so VERY outdated)

I've got to mark this down on my calendar, the day I actually stumped "Big B"! Wow. Thanks for checking in though. I'll be sending you a PM on a Thread I'm thinking of doing next. One I know you'll be able to shine in. Stay tuned!;)

@ghostravage: Hopefully, this is a closer match. But I'm not opposed to changing some things in the OP to make it more sporting...

@ancient_0f_days: Not to sound rude referring the people who you've contacted but only one of them seems legitimately knowledgeable, one of them hasn't made it past 500 posts and two of them are not knowledgeable...IMO.

Well, don't forget that you and I (as well as @ghostravage and I) became Comicvine BFF's (as my sister would say) before I had even 400 posts. So I'm not prepared to count out the rookies just yet. Especially if they can add something clever to the discourse!:P

#16 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by oceanmaster21 (8037 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: team iron man wins iron man and steel are two of the smartest ppl in comics besides some others abd with 1 day of prep there gonna have an ace up there sleeve

#18 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting distance: 150 yards

1 day of prep for both teams

Win by KO, Incapacitation, or Death

"Loebforce" disabled, Steel does not get the Entropy Aegis, Iron Man does not get Bleeding Edge/Fear Itself Armors

Natasha gets the Steel's Armor MK IV

All Pre and Post-Flashpoint feats allowed for Steel

Can the armored super-geniuses prevail against "Code Red"?

Steel, Natasha Irons, Iron Man, Code Red, Klaw

Hey mate,you know that I edited that on Dc Database?

#19 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: So Team "IQ" for you, eh? I can dig it. Who do you think is their biggest challenge(s) on Code Red?

@matchesmalone21: Hey mate,you know that I edited that on Dc Database?

I did not know that. That's pretty gangsta! What do you think of the match up as it's currently situated?

#20 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Oh Yeah...I'm looking some scans of that suit to post here. It's a good match-up,but Rulk,Thundra and Red She-Hulk will be a problem

#22 Posted by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: the hulks are inferior to there green counterparts but do pose a challenge. With one days prep though this fight would rely on klaw and the only real other preper. Honestly tony would do what Ultron did to hulk in the show earths mightiest heros avengers. That being said tony and his dc counterparts win 6/10 times. The other 4/10 times the hulks caught both geniuses

#23 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk_post_absolute_power:

Interesting. Tell me, since I missed a lot of the Avengers animated series before they cancelled it (BOOO!!! HISSS!!!), what did Ultron do to the Hulk in the animated series?

#24 Edited by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: he reversed hulks transformation to bruce banner. He basically canceled out hulk through some sorta wave eemitted out of his hand basically with prep iron man dose the same thing by modulating his repulsion technology.

#25 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8037 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: klaw by far

Heard that. But he better hope Steel or Natasha don't use their hammers to block his sonic attack. Sound waves are just loud kinetic energy after all...

@hulk_post_absolute_power: he reversed hulks transformation to bruce banner. He basically canceled out hulk through some sorta wave eemitted out of his hand basically with prep iron man dose the same thing by modulating his repulsion technology.

Nasty. That sounds like it hurt.

#27 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: @hulk_post_absolute_power: Tony has NEVER come with something to affect Hulk in 1 day, rather tha SPIN tech destined to be used against WWH but was hacked previous to Hulk's landing on earth, and the Hulk busters. 1 day prep doesn't let Tony come with something to drain the Rulk down since he can't turn back to Ross. Red-She Hulk is another story since she's able to turn back to normal at will after the "wishing machine instance" in Greg Pak's finale "The Heart of the Monster". But the main point stands, Tony wont be able to come up with something so powerful as the SPIN tech to deal with them.

#28 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Good points. I'm largely unfamiliar with the "SPIN Tech" you speak of, but in their prep time, Tony and John would have complete access to their collective arsenals. Repulsor tech from Stark Labs, Kinetic Drivers and "Toastmasters" from the Ironworks, etc... Not to mention Steel's photographic memory of various Kryptonian, Martian, Thanagarian, and (if necessary) Fourth World Technology and magic. Well, all of that and he may have Dayton Labs on speed dial!:P Seriously though, with these guys putting their heads/weapons stockpiles together, do you think they'd come up with something very clever? Or loud. It (whatever they came up with) would probably be crazy loud (lol)!

#29 Posted by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: the only reason tony can't is pis and you and me both know it. That rulk would be no different than hulk of mightiest avengers. A long break from ross. And unlike hulk who developed an immunity to being transformed back over the years, Rulk has no such luck Ultron used a much more basic technology than spin at that time cause that hulk like rulk had no defense at that time to it. Plus ironman now has a whole other universe of stuff to use with his dc counterparts. On klaw did he get a power up I'm unaware of , I haven't read anything with him in it for years.

#30 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: the only reason tony can't is pis and you and me both know it. That rulk would be no different than hulk of mightiest avengers. A long break from ross. And unlike hulk who developed an immunity to being transformed back over the years, Rulk has no such luck Ultron used a much more basic technology than spin at that time cause that hulk like rulk had no defense at that time to it. Plus ironman now has a whole other universe of stuff to use with his dc counterparts. On klaw did he get a power up I'm unaware of , I haven't read anything with him in it for years.

the only reason tony can't is pis and you and me both know it.

It's not PIS, you just don't deal with a nigh-indestructible being in 1 day. You have NO proof of Tony doing something like this.

That rulk would be no different than hulk of mightiest avengers.

The fact that Tony himself told Ross that if he kept using his Rulk form it would be impossible to turn him back, he didn't care and actually he is unable to turn back to Ross. He can't turn back to Ross, at best, he will die from exhaust.

And unlike hulk who developed an immunity to being transformed back over the years, Rulk has no such luck

Lol, what immunity? The only thing that stops Hulk from being drained is the fact of Banner's desires. It's a theory but i have my proof to support it... He is in no way/form/shape immune to be transformed back. Now if you have that proof of immunity feel free to post it, something i hardly doubt to be honest.

Ultron used a much more basic technology than spin at that time cause that hulk

How do you know this? If Ultron himself has WAY too much technology on his hands to be compared to Tony in tech... Hell, his tech even created a time cancer that let people alter time at will currently in Indestructible Hulk "Agent of T.I.M.E"

Plus ironman now has a whole other universe of stuff to use with his dc counterparts.

It doesn't matter, the still can't create a syphoning cosmic absorber with pretty much unlimited capacity to drain Rulk clean in 1 day, let alone Rulk actually absorbs a wide variety of energy. Tony has limits, the same way Steel does.

On klaw did he get a power up I'm unaware of , I haven't read anything with him in it for years.

Actually, he got depowered IIRC, in Daredevil #3 he can be seen fighting the Avengers, however, he was captured and only an echo of himself kind of survived... Which was neutralized by Daredevil with ease.

Just to let you know, you're basing yourself in a non-canon animated series.

#31 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: What limits? In one day I saw Steel builded a weapons capable to basically cutt off teh connection between the Millenium Giants of Earth's geomagnectic flow (Steel 50) and also created a device capable to knocked out people nearly Superman level of durability

Modified an alien weapons and use its remains to created a weapon capable to isolate the Milleniun Giant from the Earth's magnetic field,but this could tear apart an entire continent,because these weapons would disrupt the magnetic ley lines.
The weapons proved to be a sucess,but perceiving that would certainly kill millions of people decided to shut it down. The Leaguers and Titans tried to stop him,but he use the Kinetic Hammer to take hem out.

Give a Anti-Ion blowback equalizer glove to Natasha (in case she's attacked by villains). The glove is very effective capable to take down Rock,which is almost on par with Superman's durability.

#33 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Throwback scans, nice! I had forgotten all about how he damn near solo-stopped the rampaging Millenium Giants with that thing. Whoa! And you're right, Natasha shouldn't be overlooked due to the fact that the more her armor grows, the stronger it becomes. Worse case scenario, she can serve as a distraction with her Gundam-sized wrecking machine while Stark and Uncle John attack from the flanks. Or something. Those guys are way smarter than I am!:)

@ghostravage: Wazzup Ghost Dawg! Hey, quick question: This SPIN Tech you mentioned earlier, what did it do? And could it be brought to bear here in combination with the wide variety of IronTech that John and his niece are bringing to the table? I ask because I know that you are way more knowledgeable on the SPIN stuff than I am.

#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton, What are your thoughts on this match-up considering the fact that one of the combatants is a founding member of your soon to be award winning JLA "B"-Team?

#36 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: What does creating a machine to disrupt magnetic fields going to help them for syphoning/absorb Rulk, which probably is even harder to absorb than Hulk given his abilities to absorb by himself and the fact >he can't turn back to Ross<

Note: Alien tech and even the High-Evolutionary failed to drain Hulk, even Shi'ar empire's tech failed to do so, which is the most powerful empire in the known Marvel-Verse. It's always someone on Surfer's tier, that him by himself has stellar syphoning feats... Something Tony and Steel wont recreate in 1 day let alone actually working on Rulk.

Hell, look at this instance... Rulk was KO'd and he still was Rulk, not like Hulk that immediately turns back to Banner.

Where is Ross? I don't see him...

But to avoid comments like "if Rulk loses so badly against Wonder Man then he's getting stomped here"

From right to left.

He fights Sentry, Ares, >Wonder Man<, Black Widow and Ms. Marvel holding himself quite good.

#37 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: If I recall correctly I didn't mentioned anything about Irons and Stark creating a device capable to drain Rulk....I said that doesn't have a limit for both can do together,is just a reference. Exist more ways to defeat Hulk characters than just brute force or energy absorption. We both know writers amped Hulk character capabailities to ridiculous levels most of the times,especially Loeb.

#38 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: If I recall correctly I didn't mentioned anything about Irons and Stark creating a device capable to drain Rulk....I said that doesn't have a limit for both can do together,is just a reference. Exist more ways to defeat Hulk characters than just brute force or energy absorption. We both know writers amped Hulk character capabailities to ridiculous levels most of the times,especially Loeb.

Read my comments, i was arguing about the syphoning way to beat them, if they come with another device i don't care, but im 100% they will not come with something Surfer-like type of syphoning device in 1 day.

Loebforce its off here, not to mention, none of the instances i showed was written by Loeb. The one that Rulk fights the Avengers is from Hulk SMASH Avengers #5 written by Mike Avon Oeming. The other one i don't know but i believe its from Vol. 2 which isn't written by Loeb.

The OP clearly states no feats by Loeb or so do speak. However, Jeff Parker was debunking and keeping some feats as seen in Hulk #26...

As you can see, he wont be able to replicate the lifting Mjlonir feat.

But probably the most overpowered one is punching the Watcher in the face, which conveniently isn't retcon nor debunk by his run...

Banner himself reminds Rulk he kicked Uatu's a$$.

#39 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: But probably the most overpowered one is punching the Watcher in the face, which conveniently isn't retcon nor debunk by his run...

I remember getting neck cramps shaking my head at that bullsh*t. What the hell, man? What was Loeb thinking? Anyhoo, I purposely left off BFR as an option because Steel has built Phantom Zone Projectors before as well as being the foremost authority on Tesseract technology in the DCU. It would be way too easy for him (especially in concert with Stark) to dump Code Red anywhere he can think of.

Just for the record, not sniping at you or anybody else in particular mon ami!

#40 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Yeah, Stark has the Negative Zone as well, but Deadpool has teleporters in his standard gear, he can teleport everybody out of there.

#41 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Yeah, Stark has the Negative Zone as well

I did not know that. Whoa. That would be spooky if he weaponized the Negative Zone the way Steel did with the Antimatter Universe via his Annihilator Cannon. Each of the Annihilator Cannon's bullets was a literal fragment of the Antimatter Universe. That's some nasty business right there.

Hey @matchesmalone21, do you have any scans of the Annihilator Cannon in action?

#42 Posted by comic_book_fan (5647 posts) - - Show Bio

ironman steel and Natasha win

in a day with there resources they get ahold of some vibrainum that takes klaw out of the fight which in my opinion is one of the biggest threats next is rulk together they can take him and anyone else on team red will go down pretty easily deadpool elektra and frank go down easy

that leaves rulk crimson dynamo thundra stark takes down Natasha takes down thundra and steel keeps rulk busy until the tony or Natasha could help although it might take all of them to beat rulk as much as I hate him he is still fairly strong but I think they could figure something out after they have taken everyone else out.

#43 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

ironman steel and Natasha win

in a day with there resources they get ahold of some vibrainum that takes klaw out of the fight which in my opinion is one of the biggest threats next is rulk together they can take him and anyone else on team red will go down pretty easily deadpool elektra and frank go down easy

that leaves rulk crimson dynamo thundra stark takes down Natasha takes down thundra and steel keeps rulk busy until the tony or Natasha could help although it might take all of them to beat rulk as much as I hate him he is still fairly strong but I think they could figure something out after they have taken everyone else out.

Interesting analysis. I wonder, should I add someone to Code Red (who may or may not meet the color code to join the team) as an ally on their side to make this more even if this is a curbstomp? Or is this closer than I realize?

#44 Posted by comic_book_fan (5647 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet:

you could but if you would have to be careful it's pretty close right now it could easily get lopsided the other way.

#45 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Yeah, Stark has the Negative Zone as well

I did not know that. Whoa. That would be spooky if he weaponized the Negative Zone the way Steel did with the Antimatter Universe via his Annihilator Cannon. Each of the Annihilator Cannon's bullets was a literal fragment of the Antimatter Universe. That's some nasty business right there.

Hey @matchesmalone21, do you have any scans of the Annihilator Cannon in action?

He actually did in a non-canon run where he created an armor powered by the Negative Zone, i believe it was the strongest armor Tony created so far.

#47 Posted by comic_book_fan (5647 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

He actually did in a non-canon run where he created an armor powered by the Negative Zone, i believe it was the strongest armor Tony created so far.

Whoa! Did he build that thing by himself or did he call in Reed Richards for an assist?

@comic_book_fan:

5.5 to 4.5

So a close one. Good. I detest spite threads, so the last thing I wanted to do was create one!:)

#49 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

idk these guys much sorry man

#50 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Drat. Thanks for stopping by though. I appreciate it!