Static vs Siena Blaze

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fight takes place in Gotham City. No prep. In character. Standard winning conditions. Who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this spite? Can Static block a blast that can possibly split the planet?

Sienna's blasts are ridiculously powerful and I don't think she would have a problem leveling Gotham to get to Static.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sienna's blasts are ridiculously powerful and I don't think she would have a problem leveling Gotham to get to Static.

When did she show this level of power?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@dondave said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

When did she show this level of power?

In X-Men Unlimited #1 when she fought Storm, Cyclops and Xavier. She stated on panel that each time she unleashes her power she runs the risk of splitting the planet and she unleashed some massive blasts in the story. Here is an example...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

Yeah but that scan also compares her powers to the Phoenix as if they could be mistaken for one another, which is nonsense.

Anyway I thought it was the way her powers gathered the energy that threatened the planet, not the actual blasts. I always hated her character, why would anybody employ a girl that could destroy what they wanted to rule randomly by accessing her powers? I mean how true was it anyway considering she never stopped using them and was not known to show restraint, yet the world was just fine? Why wouldn't somebody like Magneto not be able to undo the damage she caused to the EM Field and save the world?

Anyway (part 2) she is very powerful and can teleport IIRC. Static is gonna need some pretty good shields and speed. Due to her reckless nature she would attack by taking out the entire battle field.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@lordofallhumans:

Her powers being compared to the PF Holds no real relevance really, though I'm not taking what was stated on panel to mean that that her power is on par with the PF. The scan is simply to illustrate the magnitude of her blasts, that her powers were quite substantial and has the potential for planetary destruction. She stated so on panel herself and Storm corroborated her statement based on her description of Sienna's effect on the planet and her sharing the earth's pain. In the story she hardly used her powers and had them temporarily burned out at the conclusion of the battle. The story plot is not going to have earth destroyed. The fact that she was stopped, just like any other threat to the planet, doesn't make the showings or what was stated on panel as far as how powerful she was any less credible.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil clearly displays WAY more swag in that pic though.....

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@thunderbolt30:

I'm not taking away from her power, only explaining that it is the nature of her power that threaten the world and not her actual blasts. Sienna was part of the Upstarts and was using her powers during that time, which is why I said she never stopped using her powers, I was speaking more in terms of character history and not just a single story.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackWind

This girl looks way above Virgil's level. Even if that planet level stuff was hyperbole, that blast is far above anything Static can block or produce.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@blackwind:

I agree about her taking him, she is very powerful. It's not the that her abilities involve hyperbole when concerning the planet, they damage the EM field of the planet each time she uses them, so she is a threat but not because of the power behind her blasts, they are not planet level, just extremely powerful.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This girl looks way above Virgil's level. Even if that planet level stuff was hyperbole, that blast is far above anything Static can block or produce.

Agreed. I should have cleaned up my statement when I explained it. On panel she stated that each time she uses her powers she runs the risk of splitting it like a melon. She unleashed her blast a couple of times in the XML #1 and they were all very powerful displays on panel and left the planet's EM field in the area in tatters.