Explain
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Static Shock

I'm actually torn between who would win. Ben Reilly isn't any different from Peter Parker...

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PirateKing69
@Static Shock: Couldnt static stick Ben to a building and zap him unconscious? doesn't Static have strong shields?
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PirateKing69 said:
" @nightwing91 said:
" Static stomps. "
"
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467

Whoever wins, this is not a stomp by any stretch of the imagination. 

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PirateKing69
@Silver2467: what's your opinion on this battle?
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By jasraj
@Static Shock said:
"I'm actually torn between who would win. Ben Reilly isn't any different from Peter Parker... "

The only difference is Peter has has more expierence
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasraj
@Silver2467 said:
"Whoever wins, this is not a stomp by any stretch of the imagination.  "

Agreed
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@PirateKing69 said:
" @Static Shock: Couldnt static stick Ben to a building and zap him unconscious? doesn't Static have strong shields? "
Yes, but it would be difficult against Ben. Static does have strong shields, but the synthetic webbing absorbs electricity....
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@jasraj said: 

The only difference is Peter has has more expierence "

The other differences include Ben's greater variety in applications of his webbing and his tendency to act more seriously during combat than Peter does. 

@PirateKing69 said:

" @Silver2467: what's your opinion on this battle? "

It depends. I have made the case for Static vs SpiderMan before that Static would win (in a good fight). People generally assume that because Peter can fight Electro, he can fight Static. The problem with that reasoning is that Electro has defeated Parker three or four times at the very least, and on some of the occasions in which Spidey has beaten Electro, his victories over Electro involved either prep or Electro simply being a moron. So that analogy falls short. 

Static does have the definite ranged and flight advantage, and his powers offer a fair amount of versatility. He has lifted and supported great weights using his electromagnetism, such as support beams, cars, building rubble that collapsed on him, walls, etc. Understanding that, he may be able to magnetize Ben's web shooters. The only flaw I could see in that tactic is that Reilly's ten ton strength would give heavy resistance. But it is an option. 

Ben definitely has the agility and reflexive edge, but a Static can generate large area effect attacks. He could simply generate an electrical burst in the area, magnetize all metallic objects in the area to attack Ben with (he could use cars as bludgeons; Static has split a car in half before without much difficulty), cling Ben to whatever wall/surface he sticks to, and Static can defend himself by creating force fields, which in my opinion could withstand blows from Ben, if only temporarily. Not to mention, Static could use a taser punch on Ben (however, fighting him close quarter would favor Ben much more than Virgil; fighting at a distance would benefit Static more). Also, I seem to remember Electro interfering with Peter's wall clinging ability by manipulating the electrostatic elements of it. If that is the case, Static could, theoretically, replicate that with Ben. As for Scarlet Spider's webbing, Static has stopped bullets mid-flight by creating a magnetic field. So, his reflexes should be sufficient to avoid being tagged by that. 

There are a number of factors to consider, but I may give Static the majority. 
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jasraj
@Silver2467:
Good explanation
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PirateKing69
@Static Shock said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
" @Static Shock: Couldnt static stick Ben to a building and zap him unconscious? doesn't Static have strong shields? "
Yes, but it would be difficult against Ben. Static does have strong shields, but the synthetic webbing absorbs electricity.... "
That i did not know...I underestimated Ben in this fight.. this could be a good fight
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus

Eh...Static after a tough fight i presume. 

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jasraj
@difficlus said:
"Eh...Static after a tough fight i presume.  "

seems tough to me
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PirateKing69
@Silver2467 said:
" @jasraj said: 

The other differences include Ben's greater variety in applications of his webbing and his tendency to act more seriously during combat than Peter does. 

@PirateKing69 said:

It depends. I have made the case for Static vs SpiderMan before that Static would win (in a good fight). People generally assume that because Peter can fight Electro, he can fight Static. The problem with that reasoning is that Electro has defeated Parker three or four times at the very least, and on some of the occasions in which Spidey has beaten Electro, his victories over Electro involved either prep or Electro simply being a moron. So that analogy falls short.  Static does have the definite ranged and flight advantage, and his powers offer a fair amount of versatility. He has lifted and supported great weights using his electromagnetism, such as support beams, cars, building rubble that collapsed on him, walls, etc. Understanding that, he may be able to magnetize Ben's web shooters. The only flaw I could see in that tactic is that Reilly's ten ton strength would give heavy resistance. But it is an option.  Ben definitely has the agility and reflexive edge, but a Static can generate large area effect attacks. He could simply generate an electrical burst in the area, magnetize all metallic objects in the area to attack Ben with (he could use cars as bludgeons; Static has split a car in half before without much difficulty), cling Ben to whatever wall/surface he sticks to, and Static can defend himself by creating force fields, which in my opinion could withstand blows from Ben, if only temporarily. Not to mention, Static could use a taser punch on Ben (however, fighting him close quarter would favor Ben much more than Virgil; fighting at a distance would benefit Static more). Also, I seem to remember Electro interfering with Peter's wall clinging ability by manipulating the electrostatic elements of it. If that is the case, Static could, theoretically, replicate that with Ben. As for Scarlet Spider's webbing, Static has stopped bullets mid-flight by creating a magnetic field. So, his reflexes should be sufficient to avoid being tagged by that.  There are a number of factors to consider, but I may give Static the majority.  "
Really good explanation...I think he could win by this(bolded part)...but Static said Ben webs could absorbs electricity so if its close combat and he had web fist wouldn't the shield be less effective..but i dont know if ben would be able to get close enough
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jasraj
@Silver2467 said:
"@jasraj said: 

@PirateKing69 said:

It depends. I have made the case for Static vs SpiderMan before that Static would win (in a good fight). People generally assume that because Peter can fight Electro, he can fight Static. The problem with that reasoning is that Electro has defeated Parker three or four times at the very least, and on some of the occasions in which Spidey has beaten Electro, his victories over Electro involved either prep or Electro simply being a moron. So that analogy falls short.  Static does have the definite ranged and flight advantage, and his powers offer a fair amount of versatility. He has lifted and supported great weights using his electromagnetism, such as support beams, cars, building rubble that collapsed on him, walls, etc. Understanding that, he may be able to magnetize Ben's web shooters. The only flaw I could see in that tactic is that Reilly's ten ton strength would give heavy resistance. But it is an option.  Ben definitely has the agility and reflexive edge, but a Static can generate large area effect attacks. He could simply generate an electrical burst in the area, magnetize all metallic objects in the area to attack Ben with (he could use cars as bludgeons; Static has split a car in half before without much difficulty), cling Ben to whatever wall/surface he sticks to, and Static can defend himself by creating force fields, which in my opinion could withstand blows from Ben, if only temporarily. Not to mention, Static could use a taser punch on Ben (however, fighting him close quarter would favor Ben much more than Virgil; fighting at a distance would benefit Static more). Also, I seem to remember Electro interfering with Peter's wall clinging ability by manipulating the electrostatic elements of it. If that is the case, Static could, theoretically, replicate that with Ben. As for Scarlet Spider's webbing, Static has stopped bullets mid-flight by creating a magnetic field. So, his reflexes should be sufficient to avoid being tagged by that.  There are a number of factors to consider, but I may give Static the majority.  "

Good point about Ben being more serious than Pete, anyway, very nice answer
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jasraj
Bump