#1 Posted by Lantern Prime (13045 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter.

#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Girl. 

Her webbing is resistant to electricity (her dad didn't fight Electro for all those years and not learn anything from it), she's faster and she can dodge his attacks easier than he can dodge hers.

It's a pretty good fight but I'm confident enough about who'd win.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"

Spider-Girl. 

Her webbing is resistant to electricity (her dad didn't fight Electro for all those years and not learn anything from it), she's faster and she can dodge his attacks easier than he can dodge hers.

"
I thought Spider-Man had special webbing made to fight him. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see why Static can't win this fight... Since he's a flyer, he shouldn't have problem with dodging attacks. Also, Spider-Girl's ability to use electrostatics to stick to the floor, repel objects away, and increase her jumps can be manipulated by Static.
#4 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Zoom said:
"

Spider-Girl. 

"
I thought Spider-Man had special webbing made to fight him. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see why Static can't win this fight... Since he's a flyer, he shouldn't have problem with dodging attacks. Also, Spider-Girl's ability to use electrostatics to stick to the floor, repel objects away, and increase her jumps can be manipulated by Static."
Spider-Man made a special insulated suit to fight Electro so his attacks wouldn't hurt him.
#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Spider-Man made a special insulated suit to fight Electro so his attacks wouldn't hurt him."

Thanks for clearing that up. But, that doesn't mean May has a suit like it or if her webbing can resist electricity. She's not from the same universe as Spider-Man is.
#6 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Duke Checkmate III said:
"Spider-Man made a special insulated suit to fight Electro so his attacks wouldn't hurt him."

Thanks for clearing that up. But, that doesn't mean May has a suit like it or if her webbing can resist electricity. She's not from the same universe as Spider-Man is."
I'm not sure..I haven't read enough Spider-Girl.I think maybe May was in a situation where that webbing would come in handy so they just made it official that her webbing could resist electricity.
#7 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"I think maybe May was in a situation where that webbing would come in handy so they just made it official that her webbing could resist electricity."
Evidence?
#8 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have any...that's why I said "I think".

#9 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

May's costume is not insulated against electricity.  In MC2, Electro eventually went straight instead of getting a huge power boost.  Her webbing still is though.

As for a flier being able to avoid a spider, I'll point out that spiders have a history of taking down flying opponents like vulture/raptor and the goblin family.  I'd say Spider-Girl will be able to hit him much easier than vice versa.

#10 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"May's costume is not insulated against electricity.  In MC2, Electro eventually went straight instead of getting a huge power boost.  Her webbing still is though.

As for a flier being able to avoid a spider, I'll point out that spiders have a history of taking down flying opponents like vulture/raptor and the goblin family.  I'd say Spider-Girl will be able to hit him much easier than vice versa."
Nobody said it was.I was saying Spider-Man had an insulated costume to fight Electro.
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"May's costume is not insulated against electricity.  In MC2, Electro eventually went straight instead of getting a huge power boost.  Her webbing still is though.

As for a flier being able to avoid a spider, I'll point out that spiders have a history of taking down flying opponents like vulture/raptor and the goblin family.  I'd say Spider-Girl will be able to hit him much easier than vice versa."
Spiders have a history of taking down flying insects (and that's because flying insects have a history of running into webs), but that that has nothing to do with two superheroes fighting each others. Static can dodge webbing assaults with relative ease.
#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man does make prepation when he fights Electro. But only when he knows he is going to, If it's a random encounter he webs up his hands and jusst pumble Electro to a pulp.

@ Static: Spider-girl may use electrostactis to cling to walls and stuff, but that doesn't mean Static we'll know about it.

#13 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"@ Static: Spider-girl may use electrostactis to cling to walls and stuff, but that doesn't mean Static we'll know about it."

We will. Not immediately, but eventually. He would be able to sense the electrostatic energy that she uses because it's a part of himself, just like sensing electrical energy and magnetic fields. He's done it many times.
#14 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

What's make you think he would have that much time to detect it? I mean Spider-girl knoew how to fight electric types. She has done with Electro daughter.

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"

What's make you think he would have that much time to detect it? I mean Spider-girl knoew how to fight electric types. She has done with Electro daughter.

"
It wouldn't take much time to notice. Even if she knows how to fight electrical opponents like Electro's daughter, it's not the same as fighting Static. Just because she beat Electro's daughter doesn't give her leeway to say she could beat Static. And, there's much more to Static than just electricity.
#16 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just saying she has experince with his type. And experince is an important factor in fights while Static doesn't really have much experince fight her type.

#17 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"I'm just saying she has experince with his type. And experince is an important factor in fights while Static doesn't really have much experince fight her type."

Static may not have had experience fighting her type, but so what? For the most part, even if he is an electric type, they are other factors to add in. He's magnetic type, and a flyer. And, unlike Electro or Electro's daughter (is she as dumb as he is?), Static is very intelligent and intuitive. Unlike most, he uses his head. He thinks of a plan. He thinks ahead on the fly. Factors like this have kept him alive against those he's never fought before.
#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Zoom said:

Spiders have a history of taking down flying insects (and that's because flying insects have a history of running into webs), but that that has nothing to do with two superheroes fighting each others. Static can dodge webbing assaults with relative ease."

I wasn't talking about the animals.  Real Spiders don't win if a vulture runs into their web.

I was talking about Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Ben Reilly, etc.  They fight flying enemies all the time and do just fine.
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"I wasn't talking about the animals.  Real Spiders don't win if a vulture runs into their web.

I was talking about Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Ben Reilly, etc.  They fight flying enemies all the time and do just fine."
Doesn't mean Spider-Girl will beat Static. Sure, the experience is there, but it's not a good-enough argument.
#20 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

If you say so.  I haven't seen a convincing arguement for Static either.

He's a cool character and I think he'll give Spider-Girl a better fight than Killer Watt or Aftershock.  I just don't think he's got what it takes to win more often than not.

#21 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"If you say so.  I haven't seen a convincing arguement for Static either.

He's a cool character and I think he'll give Spider-Girl a better fight than Killer Watt or Aftershock.  I just don't think he's got what it takes to win more often than not."