Static Shock vs. Link (OoT)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By teepe8

Morals off

Takes place on cybertron

Link (adult) has master sword, mirror shield, green tunic

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ximpossibrux

.................................................................................

Static Shock stomps.

teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By teepe8

@XlmpossibruX elaborate?

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@teepe8: Static has range, power, versatility, speed, and the field advantage over Link. While Link only has a sword & shield, something he's not extremely skilled with. There's literally no way for Link to win, to win he would have to stab Static, which he wouldn't be able to do since Static could just keep his distance.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Static destroys him. The thing that hurts Link the most in every game is electricity. He doesn't even have any helpful weapons to use.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ximpossibrux
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@teepe8 said:

@XlmpossibruX elaborate?

Because that

teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By teepe8

He does have the mirror deflects it, so any projectiles he throws could get reflected back.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Soul_Rebel said:

@teepe8: Static has range, power, versatility, speed, and the field advantage over Link. While Link only has a sword & shield, something he's not extremely skilled with. There's literally no way for Link to win, to win he would have to stab Static, which he wouldn't be able to do since Static could just keep his distance.

Link is a master swordsmen, but anyway ya Static wins here because all the OP is giving him is the MS and mirror shield.
Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Wolfrazer: Yeah, but he's not Extremely skilled with a blade. Many skilled comic swordsmen would be able to take him on and probably beat him. he just hasn't showed enough feats to say otherwise, especially the OoT version.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Wolfrazer said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

Link is a master swordsmen, but anyway ya Static wins here because all the OP is giving him is the MS and mirror shield.

Master Swordsman? his only feats are game mechanics and that's spamming the B attack button....

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Soul_Rebel:  Who says he isn't extremely skilled? Can admit, it is kinda hard going from game mechanics but that doesn't mean he isn't extremely skilled either.  

@XImpossibruX:  Yes I know, its rather complicated but Link has mastered every item he has come across. Its hard to explain all this due to game mechanics, there needs to be a comic series about all this.
teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teepe8

Yeah that was my bad on the items, i was in a rush. I'll give him the light/fire/ice arrows, longshot. Megaton hammer, Bigeron sword, and tingle! Edit- golden gauntlets

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Wolfrazer: Do you have anything to prove he was? In SS, TP, and even WW, Link did some pretty decent things. In OoT, perhaps the best thing he did was play volleyball with a ball of light.

StanLee1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StanLee1

If it's the OOT version we're talking about, Link would have the mirror shield. The Mirror Shield can deflect things such as magic, fire, Ice, and electricity. And Light arrows could do great amounts of damage on Static, and with the gold gauntlets, Link has great strength. Plus the Ocarina of Time, and with all of the sages at his back, he would be MUCH more powerful than you all say. And yes, I'm Stan Lee.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Soul_Rebel:  Again, its rather complicated to show that he is being that its all game mechanics hence that you can never really see that he is. However according to the Zeldawiki, Link has been shown to master all of his items without any formal training or help almost instinctive like. But once more, its complicated to show being that its all game mechanics, and the wiki tries to make it so its more canon even though its just the mechanics. 

In short, its hard to show but its there. 
Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Wolfrazer: You know how it is, we have to run on feats, wiki's aren't good enough (sigh). Anyways, with the boost to Link this battle is a whole lot more closer, i still see Static taking it because of where they're fighting, but Link would make him work for it.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SUNMAN

Static in an uber stomp

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@XImpossibruX: To be fair that's Black Lightning.

That still doesn't change that Link gets destroyed, though.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Soul_Rebel:  Ya I know, but the wiki is the closest thing. Anyway, done and done here.
StanLee1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StanLee1

@jobiwankenobi: Though electricity is one of the main things that harms like, it depends on what he has with him. In other words, he DOES have helpful items. I'll say it again, The Mirror shield would deflect any electricity.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ximpossibrux

@jobiwankenobi said:

@XImpossibruX: To be fair that's Black Lightning.

That still doesn't change that Link gets destroyed, though.

Yes but Static Shock is to be Black Lghting's equal.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@StanLee1: It's only ever been shown to reflect light, fire, and ice. It's metal, it would conduct electricity. Static could also use his electromagnet powers to pull Links weapons from his hands. If Link doesn't let go, Static carries him up 100 feet and lets him plummet to his death. I love Link, but he's not winning.

@XImpossibruX: Indeed, if not better.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sherlock

Ok I like to think of myself as a pretty huge Zelda fan but seriously link has no chance here

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

This is spite. Even with his best equipment I can't see him winning here. Sad because OOT is one of my favorite games.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By SUNMAN

yeah I love Link but your having him face an opponent that can dodge and defend a lot of his attacks at ease, attack him with powerful electric and electromagneetic attacks from whatever range he wants. Than to make matters worse he can manipulate half of links arsenal.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Static Shock

@jobiwankenobi said:

@XImpossibruX: Indeed, if not better.

@XImpossibruX said:

Yes but Static Shock is to be Black Lghting's equal.

No, he's not. Static isn't even close. The scans that were posted on the other page prove that Black Lightning is superior to Static.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

@StanLee1 said:

@jobiwankenobi: Though electricity is one of the main things that harms like, it depends on what he has with him. In other words, he DOES have helpful items. I'll say it again, The Mirror shield would deflect any electricity.

@StanLee1 said:

If it's the OOT version we're talking about, Link would have the mirror shield. The Mirror Shield can deflect things such as magic, fire, Ice, and electricity.

@teepe8 said:

He does have the mirror deflects it, so any projectiles he throws could get reflected back.

I'm not sure where you all are getting this. The Mirror Shield never reflected anything besides sunlight and the projectile attacks that were dealt by the bosses of the Spirit Temple. It's not deflecting electricity. It couldn't even deflect Ganondorf's magic attacks at the end of the game (I tried it before, and that was the closest thing to electricity, the difference being that it was magic).

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By YoungJustice

@XImpossibruX said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@teepe8 said:

@XlmpossibruX elaborate?

Because that

Is that not Black Lightning?

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Static Shock: I'm surprised you haven't locked this.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Static Shock: I'm surprised you haven't locked this.

Thanks for reminding me.

Locked due to spite.