Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Did I provoke you to make this!? LOL

Anyway, I'll take Static. He can fly, and he controls magnetism as well as electricity. I don't know the full length of Jenny's abilities, but she's gonna have a hard time with Static since he stays airborne.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

you did lol

i'm on the fence here, Static does have electro magnetic abilities as well, but Jenny Sparks killed God, Texas execution style...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

Static Shock says:

"Methos says:
"you did loli'm on the fence here, Static does have electro magnetic abilities aswell, but Jenny Sparks killed God, Texas execution style...M"

How did she do that?"

God + Jenny Sparks = Electric Chair lol

M

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Constantine

Jenny

the GOD slayer

ranked HIGHER than a REGICIDE

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

Methos says:

"you did loli'm on the fence here, Static does have electro magnetic abilities aswell, but Jenny Sparks killed God, Texas execution style...M"

How did she do that?

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mantoid

Static Shock says:

"Methos says:
" God + Jenny Sparks = Electric Chair lol M"
#O_O# Scans!? Please? That's outrageous... "

That does sound pretty intense. :O

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

Static Shock says:

"Methos says:
"God + Jenny Sparks = Electric Chair lolM"

Scans!? Please? That's outrageous... "

ugh... hold on, i'll hunt down the issue...

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Methos says:

"God + Jenny Sparks = Electric Chair lolM"

Scans!? Please? That's outrageous...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

Right, it was The Authority, first run, issue 12, pages 18 to 23

i'm not posting them all here but heres the aftermath...

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Sighs

Man, if Jenny was able to kill God with electricity alone, then I'm guessing her level of experience, control, and power is many times higher than Static's. And, there is nothing that Static has done to compensate for what she accomplished... But, the way I see it, she's still human. She' can still take an L. I'm gonna sit on the fence for a while....

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Neocrous

But back to the issue at had I think Static could take Jenny because Jenny has to absorb energy and use and although Static can recharge by absorbing energy he doesn't have to an she often runs out of power during her stories

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Neocrous

Static Shock says:

"*Sighs*Man, if Jenny was able to kill God with electricity alone, then I'm guessing her level of experience, control, and power is many times higher than Static's. And, there is nothing that Static has done to compensate for what she accomplished... But, the way I see it, she's still human. She' can still take an L. I'm gonna sit on the fence for a while...."

It was a little more complicated than that it was revealed that a massive alien had created the earth and he intended to destroy it and she was flown into its' brain and fired it. The being was just referenced to as God

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

Neocrous says:

"It was a little more complicated than that it was revealed that a massive alien had created the earth and he intended to destroy it and she was flown into its' brain and fired it. The being was just referenced to as God"

it was the being that created earth... sounds like God to me lol

M

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Neocrous

Methos says:

"Neocrous says:
"It was a little more complicated than that it was revealed that a massive alien had created the earth and he intended to destroy it and she was flown into its' brain and fired it. The being was just referenced to as God"

it was the being that created earth... sounds like God to me lol

M"

God created all things not just earth :P

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Did I provoke you to make this!? LOL Anyway, I'll take Static. He can fly, and he controls magnetism as well as electricity. I don't know the full length of Jenny's abilities, but she's gonna have a hard time with Static since he stays airborne."

Jenny can fly as electricity or make herself giant-sized so she's up in the sky where Static is. I think the question would be if one can override the powers of the other. Can Jenny control Static's electricty? Can Static control Jenny when she is electricity? I'm thinking Jenny would win. I could see her messing with Static's brain the same way she did with Battalion and I don't think Static has a defense for that. In any case, Jenny is also more willing to get really violent if need be.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mantoid

Methos says:

"Neocrous says:
it was the being that created earth... sounds like God to me lol M"

Ouch.

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Danko

Anyway, to get back on topic.. she just electrocuted the brain by the looks of it.

Isn't that something that static could do? and on top of that, he has a lot more diversity..

So i'd still go with Static.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Neocrous says:

"But back to the issue at hand. I think Static could take Jenny becauseJenny has to absorb energy and use and although Static can recharge byabsorbing energy he doesn't have to an she often runs out of powerduring her stories"

And, Static's body could always recharge himself if his powers are lost or immediately drained. And, it only takes a minute or two to do so, according the comics. Other than that, he never expends his powers volountarily...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Methos says:

"it was the being that created earth... sounds like God to me lolM"

It looks like an alien of some sort. It may have created the Earth, but

it doesn't seem like a divine God in it's own right. If it had been a

divine god, then she wouldn't have been able to do what she did. I don't

wanna say it, but I think Static could have done the same to that

so-called "God."
Post Edited:2008-05-21 15:34:58

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

" I could see her messing with Static's brainthe same way she did with Battalion and I don't think Static has adefense for that."

What if Static could mess with her brain?

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mantoid

Static Shock says:

"Methos says:
"it was the being that created earth... sounds like God to me lol M"
It looks like an alien of some sort. It may have created the Earth, but it doesn't seem like a divine God in it's own right. If it had been a divine god, then she would have been able to do what she did. I don't wanna say it, but I think Static could have done the same to that so-called "God.""

Zappy's got a point there.

M

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Neocrous

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"Did I provoke you to make this!? LOL Anyway, I'll take Static. He can fly, and he controls magnetism as well as electricity. I don't know the full length of Jenny's abilities, but she's gonna have a hard time with Static since he stays airborne."

Jenny can fly as electricity or make herself giant-sized so she's up in the sky where Static is. I think the question would be if one can override the powers of the other. Can Jenny control Static's electricty? Can Static control Jenny when she is electricity? I'm thinking Jenny would win. I could see her messing with Static's brain the same way she did with Battalion and I don't think Static has a defense for that. In any case, Jenny is also more willing to get really violent if need be."

Although that is true Static himself has manipulated many different forms of electricity himself and he more than likely does have the power to control the human brain if he ever really tried and even though Jenny can be violent I don't se her trying to be violent in a superhero vs superhero fight

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Neocrous

Buckshot says:

"Neocrous says:
"But back to the issue at had I think Static could take Jenny because Jenny has to absorb energy and use and although Static can recharge by absorbing energy he doesn't have to an she often runs out of power during her stories"

I don't see Jenny needing outside sources as an issue. She's not that dependent on that and even if she were Static will be fighting her with electricity so it's not like she can't get power to recharge, in fact, he could end up being a fuel source.

Danko says:

"Anyway, to get back on topic.. she just electrocuted the brain by the looks of it. Isn't that something that static could do? and on top of that, he has a lot more diversity.. So i'd still go with Static."

The brain was probably the size of a continent, maybe a hemisphee of the Earth. It was huge. Does Static put out enough power to overload a continent worth of alien matter?"

If he can control electricity he wouldn't need a large amount, like Jenny if he wanted t he cold probably just take it out of its brain and he did have enough power to charge up the JL watch tower in the cartoon

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Neocrous says:

"But back to the issue at had I think Static could take Jenny because Jenny has to absorb energy and use and although Static can recharge by absorbing energy he doesn't have to an she often runs out of power during her stories"

I don't see Jenny needing outside sources as an issue. She's not that dependent on that and even if she were Static will be fighting her with electricity so it's not like she can't get power to recharge, in fact, he could end up being a fuel source.

Danko says:

"Anyway, to get back on topic.. she just electrocuted the brain by the looks of it. Isn't that something that static could do? and on top of that, he has a lot more diversity.. So i'd still go with Static."

The brain was probably the size of a continent, maybe a hemisphee of the Earth. It was huge. Does Static put out enough power to overload a continent worth of alien matter?

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Danko

Anyway, just something i like to know, didn't jenny die when she electrocuted the brain? (never read the comic, so correct me if i'm wrong)

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Neocrous

Danko says:

"Anyway, just something i like to know, didn't jenny die when she electrocuted the brain? (never read the comic, so correct me if i'm wrong)"

No killing the alien didn't kill her it was because she could only live for a hundred years and when the 21 century hit her time was up and she had just killed the alien as her last act

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"What if Static could mess with her brain?"

Has he though? I don't recall seeing him do it. And would he do it here? Seems out of character for him.

Neocrous says:

"Although that is true Static himself has manipulated many different forms of electricity himself and he more than likely does have the power to control the human brain if he ever really tried and even though Jenny can be violent I don't se her trying to be violent in a superhero vs superhero fight"

You say "more than likely" but I ask you the same question I asked Static. Has he shown that he can? And why wouldn't Jenny do it in a fight against a hero? She did it to Battalion (who is a hero and was actually supposed to be her trainer on Stormwatch) just for touching her beer. And you're questioning if it would be in character for her to do it, but ignoring how much stranger it would be for Static?

Neocrous says:

"If he can control electricity he wouldn't need a large amount, like Jenny if he wanted t he cold probably just take it out of its brain and he did have enough power to charge up the JL watch tower in the cartoon"

Take it out of its brain? Is the watchtower (and I question the canonicity of the cartoon anyway) the size of a continent?

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jenny sparks.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Right, Well, Jenny did'nt exactly kill God, She killed some kind of giant alien that created Earth, That does'nt exactly mean that the Alien IS God, Going by the Bible, God did'nt just create the earth.

Now, Back on topic,

Jenny, Yes is powerful, But I don't think it'd be that hard for Static to kill that Alien god-like being. Because quite honestly, Jenny killing this "God" as they called it is'nt very impressive to me. It's just a giant alien brain that somehow created Earth.

But in the end, I'm gonna give it to Jenny for the sole reason that I think she's more creative in what she does with Electricity.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

Midnight Lantern says:

"...I think she's more creative in what she does with Electricity."

I liked your whole post. But, I can ditto this for Static as well...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Has he though? I don't recall seeing him do it. And would he do it here? Seems out of character for him.

Wel, no. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't or isn't capable of it. But, in the comic book, he has used his powers in very scientific ways (like electrolysis to make a hydrogen bomb, magnetizing Hotstreak's brain to the point where metal objects violently smacked him in the head, being able to lift/levitate objects that weren't metal, etc). I think messing with the brain through the use of his powers could be one of them. If he was willing to turn someone's brain into a magnet (which is harmful for the brain and it's electromagentic impulses, anyway you look at it), why couldn't he fry someone's brain as well?

Buckshot says:

Take it out of its brain? Is the watchtower (and I question the canonicity of the cartoon anyway) the size of a continent? "

The cartoon's continuity (what everyone is more familiar with) is different from the comic book's continuity. Different storyline, and some different rogues here and there. Static powering the Watchtower is pretty impressive, and it's basically a large space station. Since that was in the cartoon, I don't think that has grounds here. But, Static has never done it in the comic books. I've only read through a little bit more than half of the comic book series, so I'm not sure if he's really capable of that or not...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Wel, no. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't or isn't capable of it. But, in the comic book, he has used his powers in very scientific ways (like electrolysis to make a hydrogen bomb, magnetizing Hotstreak's brain to the point where metal objects violently smacked him in the head, being able to lift/levitate objects that weren't metal, etc). I think messing with the brain through the use of his powers could be one of them. If he was willing to turn someone's brain into a magnet (which is harmful for the brain and it's electromagentic impulses, anyway you look at it), why couldn't he fry someone's brain as well? "

Cool tricks, but not the point. He may be able to do it (though you haven't actually pointed out an example of him subtracting the electricity from someone) and I could buy that, but even if he could, he wouldn't. He "turned his brain into a magnet" to have stuff slam into it, but why not just shut it down, temporarily or permanently, then? Maybe he couldn't or maybe he just wouldn't, either way, he wouldn't do it here. Unless you can bring up examples of Static killing people left and right, no matter what case you try to make, Jenny Sparks will always be more ready and willing to take this fight further than Static because that's who she is and that's not who Static is.

Buckshot says:

"The cartoon's continuity (what everyone is more familiar with) is different from the comic book's continuity. Different storyline, and some different rogues here and there. Static powering the Watchtower is pretty impressive, and it's basically a large space station. Since that was in the cartoon, I don't think that has grounds here. But, Static has never done it in the comic books. I've only read through a little bit more than half of the comic book series, so I'm not sure if he's really capable of that or not..."

I know it's different, that's why I said I questioned it.

I just see Jenny as able to do more damage and handle attacks of electricity better. She's more used to the power seeing as she's had it for a hundred years and can even become it when she feels like it. She was created by the planet to protect it and her weapon is electricity, so I think she's pretty good with it. This is speculation, but she can probably do all that Static can (he learned it in the short time he's been Static, why couldn't she?) but sticks to throwing around lightning because it's easier and just as effective. She can generate lightning bolts the size of whole cities, why trouble with electrolysis? She can shut down someone's brain with a thought, there's no reason to fool around with magnetizing it.

I think it might go basically like this (assuming she doesn't kill him outright). He blasts her, she absorbs it. She blasts him, he absorbs it (or avoids it if it's a big one). He tries one of his tricks and she becomes electricity so it can't bother her. He tries to manipulate her as energy (I doubt he could do this given some examples I've seen in comics, but assuming he can) and she just makes herself more than he can handle and overloads or escapes him. Then she just takes his electricity away from every time he starts to attack and if he keeps trying she just shuts down his brain.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Cool tricks, but not the point. He may be able to do it (though you haven't actually pointed out an example of him subtracting the electricity from someone) and I could buy that, but even if he could, he wouldn't. He "turned his brain into a magnet" to have stuff slam into it, but why not just shut it down, temporarily or permanently, then? Maybe he couldn't or maybe he just wouldn't, either way, he wouldn't do it here. Unless you can bring up examples of Static killing people left and right, no matter what case you try to make, Jenny Sparks will always be more ready and willing to take this fight further than Static because that's who she is and that's not who Static is.

He's killed before. There's one example. He fought a villain that was made of tar/asphalt or something. At the end of the comic, he ended up rolling him into the pavement with steamroller after paralyzing him. Looks like a kill to me. And, if he didn't die immediately, he died eventually. Also, he killed a group of gangsters that killed his best friend, from what I can remember. And, you're right. He normally doesn't kill, but if it came down to it, he would. As for drawing the electricity from a human, I see it as a possibility. Doing that is just like drawing it from an electrical device. I'm still lead to believe that if he's able to magnetize a person's brain, shutting it down temporarily (or permanently if pushed) wouldn't be difficult for him, either. Like I said, just because he hasn't done it, doesn't mean he won't or isn't capable of it. No matter the likelihood.

Buckshot says:

"I just see Jenny as able to do more damage and handle attacks of electricity better. She's more used to the power seeing as she's had it for a hundred years and can even become it when she feels like it. She was created by the planet to protect it and her weapon is electricity, so I think she's pretty good with it. This is speculation, but she can probably do all that Static can (he learned it in the short time he's been Static, why couldn't she?) but sticks to throwing around lightning because it's easier and just as effective. She can generate lightning bolts the size of whole cities, why trouble with electrolysis? She can shut down someone's brain with a thought, there's no reason to fool around with magnetizing it.

I guess the experience gap between them is large. I can't really argue against this...

Buckshot says:

I think it might go basically like this (assuming she doesn't kill him outright). He blasts her, she absorbs it. She blasts him, he absorbs it (or avoids it if it's a big one). He tries one of his tricks and she becomes electricity so it can't bother her. He tries to manipulate her as energy (I doubt he could do this given some examples I've seen in comics, but assuming he can) and she just makes herself more than he can handle and overloads or escapes him. Then she just takes his electricity away from every time he starts to attack and if he keeps trying she just shuts down his brain."

I'm unsure about the amount of electrical energy he can absorb and hold in his body, since that wasn't specified at all (it sucks when a character isn't around long enough to develop. Damn you, McDuffie!). So, I can't say whether he can or cannot deal with the energy that Jenny puts out to absorb it...

Sighs

I'll concede until I've read all of Static's comics... I have to buy the rest of them.
Post Edited:2008-05-21 20:15:25

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"He's killed before. There's one example. He fought a villain that was made of tar/asphalt or something. At the end of the comic, he ended up rolling him into the pavement with steamroller after paralyzing him. Looks like a kill to me. And, if he didn't die immediately, he died eventually. Also, he killed a group of gangsters that killed his best friend, from what I can remember. And, you're right. He normally doesn't kill, but if it came down to it, he would. As for drawing the electricity from a human, I see it as a possibility. Doing that is just like drawing it from an electrical device. I'm still lead to believe that if he's able to magnetize a person's brain, shutting it down temporarily (or permanently if pushed) wouldn't be difficult for him, either. Like I said, just because he hasn't done it, doesn't mean he won't or isn't capable of it. No matter the likelihood.

I don't think he killed Tarmack when he ran him over, he just flattened him into the ground and left him stuck there. Even then though, he didn't do that immediately. It was only after having had two fights with him that he went that far. And the second thing you brought up had him killing people only after something major happened to him. Neither of those is the same as what Jenny Spark has done. Static having to be pushed to kill doesn't help him if Jenny kills him long before the battle really gets serious. She's killed people as an opening move, she doesn't need to be pushed to it. And even if he could do it and was willing to, how would he shut down the electricity in her brain? She is electricity. If he takes the electricity out of her, he's just moving her, and since he can't just eliminate electricity, he'd probably absorb it, putting Jenny Sparks inside his body, and that's how god died.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Static Shock says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"...I think she's more creative in what she does with Electricity."
I liked your whole post. But, I can ditto this for Static as well..."

Thank you and I'm sure you could.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Midnight Lantern

True Ace, But I do have a question, Could Static's flying be a problem for her?

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ace High

Also Static Shock has relatively little experince in the superhero game whereas Jenny as been fighting crime for a century. She has invaluable experince not only as a soldier but as a field commander and leader of stormwatch black as well as the authority. Sparks has also fought people who have high levels of mind control such as Regis who have strong psychic abilities and she has fried them before they have a chance to attack to its safe to assume she can move faster than the speed of thought. In this instance she would be able to move fast enough to disable/kill Static before he managed to mount some sort of effective offensive.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ace High

As Buckshot has said she has been shown to extend her height when in the proximity of an external power source so I suppose she could use this ability to counteract Static's flight. But another example would be when she fought the soldiers of Gamora who had the abilities of flight and super speed whom she managed to zap in mid air. Also she managed to repel many of the invaders from Sliding Albion who attacked in fighter jets. I am not sure of the exact speed static flies but I think her powers would more than likely provide her with the ability to attack him in mid air.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"I don't think he killed Tarmack when he ran him over, he just flattened him into the ground and left him stuck there. Even then though, he didn't do that immediately. It was only after having had two fights with him that he went that far. And the second thing you brought up had him killing people only after something major happened to him. Neither of those is the same as what Jenny Spark has done. Static having to be pushed to kill doesn't help him if Jenny kills him long before the battle really gets serious. She's killed people as an opening move, she doesn't need to be pushed to it. And even if he could do it and was willing to, how would he shut down the electricity in her brain? She *is* electricity. If he takes the electricity out of her, he's just moving her, and since he can't just eliminate electricity, he'd probably absorb it, putting Jenny Sparks inside his body, and that's how god died."

I got'cha. :P