No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

While I'm up to date on Static, I'm out of the loop with Danny. Last I saw him, he nearly took the Helicarrier out of the sky with one hit.

As for this battle, Static has the advantage due to being airborne most of the time. Danny will have to take him out of the air if he hopes to win.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've seen what Danny can do and if Virgil's N52 boosts are allowed he can take this as long as he plays keep away.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fairly sure Static should win this one if he keeps out of Danny's range, it's not like Static is going to go try and play a round of fisticuffs with Danny.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Virgil

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@albusan: This actually isn't a bad battle. For the time being I may have to say Iron Fist takes this. But I'm lacking any New 52 feats for Static so for all I know it could probably go either way.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Danny should be able to dodge most of Statics electricity, but I'm still leaning Static due to flying advantage

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aee

Static.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By albusan

@thetruebarryallen: I'm shocked you didn't give much tought into how Iron Fist could win considering you created a feats &abilities blog for Iron Fist.

While I'm up to date on Static, I'm out of the loop with Danny. Last I saw him, he nearly took the Helicarrier out of the sky with one hit.

As for this battle, Static has the advantage due to being airborne most of the time. Danny will have to take him out of the air if he hopes to win.

1. First Iron fist needs to use his agility and the city urban area to get in range to attack Static in the air.
  2. Second Iron Fist can infuse his chi onto objects he finds to throw wiht pinpoint accuracy at Static.
  3. Third Iron Fist has mastered Techniques that he can hit Static at long range with. Hell's Unfurling Hurricane, Golden Dragon, and ranged Iron Fist Punch.

Uses chi as a ranged attack.
Uses chi as a ranged attack.
Increases size of Iron Fist Punch
Increases size of Iron Fist Punch

Performs the Hell's Unfurling Hurricane technique, which are multiple chi projectiles that not only use concussive force, but set the targets on fire.
Performs the Hell's Unfurling Hurricane technique, which are multiple chi projectiles that not only use concussive force, but set the targets on fire.

Infuses his chi into a dagger.
Infuses his chi into a dagger.

Performs the Golden Dragan Technique.
Performs the Golden Dragan Technique.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Danny doesn't use ranged attacks all that often; which is why I didn't bother making much of an argument for him. Plus I'm fairly sure that Static can create force fields w/his electricity, but I'm not entirely sure on that considering I'm not an expert on the character.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static is just too powerful. I think he is a bit out of the street level range.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Well that's not to say that Ironfist can't use ranged attacks in this thread considering this battle is out of charecter and bloodlusted. Plus he's an agile guy with a city to work with. It's not an impossible task and not like staticis flying at speeds he can hit him at.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Iron Fist's powerset is not exactly street level. He matches up good with Static thanks to his chi and the fact that he has high end energy absorbing feats.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@thetruebarryallen: Well that's not to say that Ironfist can't use ranged attacks in this thread considering this battle is out of charecter and bloodlusted. Plus he's an agile guy with a city to work with. It's not an impossible task and not like staticis flying at speeds he can hit him at.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

Static is just too much for Danny; especially given that Static can avoid anything/everything that Danny can throw at him. If this was a match of pure H2H combat then I'd easily give the win to Iron Fist; however, since it isn't then Static has the clear advantage in versatility here.

It's a cool fight to picture, but Static wins.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@jashro44: Iron Fist's powerset is not exactly street level. He matches up good with Static thanks to his chi and the fact that he has high end energy absorbing feats.

Sure but there isn't much he can do to static. He doesn't have much way of closing the distance and I don't see Dannys range attacks doing much to Danny. Danny can absorb energy but he isn't immune to it and I am pretty sure static can unload more than Danny can handle. Even if he can't he can use his electro magnetic ability to incapacitate iron fist.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By albusan

@albusan said:

Static is just too much for Danny; especially given that Static can avoid anything/everything that Danny can throw at him. If this was a match of pure H2H combat then I'd easily give the win to Iron Fist; however, since it isn't then Static has the clear advantage in versatility here.

Hmm, iron Fist Chi allows him to hit with class 100 ton force. He absorbs energy and in has proven to use his chi to connect to electromagnetic energy. He also absorbs energy very quickly to save his life.

He used his Chi to cennect to electromagnetic energy when he destroyed that moving train.

No Caption Provided
albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Look above he has connected to Electromagnetic energy bofore with his chi to move at high speeds.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

@albusan: Nice scans you have there. There are some legitimate ranged attacks there. As for his Iron Fist punch, it doesn't look like that could be used as a ranged attack. Based on the scan, it appears as if he can extend it to an area-of-effect or localized attack. I'd say that's the middle ground between range and close-quarters. Also, the Golden Dragon doesn't look like a ranged attack, either. In fact, it's more about how Danny is using it in that scan rather than how it looks. There, he's using it at close-range. Infusing his chi into that dagger is impressive, but understand that using objects makes it easier for Static to defend himself against. If said objects are metallic, it is even more so.

I'd also like to add that a lot of those ranged attacks don't have very much range to them. The first scan you posted showcases his chi being used with the most range. To be fair, Static, in my opinion, is going to keep himself at bay, but at a distance in which he can manage to fire off accurate shots. Basically, what I'm saying is that Static isn't going to keep too much distance away from Danny because it would make his own attacks less accurate if he does. Comparing Danny's ranged chi to using his chi at close-range, it seems as if it is more powerful when used in conjunction with his physical attacks, based on what I've seen (knocking out Hercules and Warhawk, sending Colossus flying, nearly knocking the Helicarrier out of the sky, and of course, busting that bullet train in the last scan you posted).

Arguably, it would be easier for Static's EM shields to hold up against his ranged attacks than it would be against close-range attacks, since his ranged attacks don't appear to do as much damage. If I'm wrong, please correct me, and if possible, please show me some more examples of how powerful Danny's chi is at long range. To answer for Danny maneuvering to get into the air using his agility, this puts him at risk. Once he's in the air, it's easier for Static to tag him because Danny cannot maneuver in the air the way Static can. In turn, it will be harder for Danny to dodge. Also, Static has shown the ability to manipulate objects and people in the air without having to fire EM energy at them. He simply just has to focus on said target.

No Caption Provided

He can also fire off omni-directional attacks, as well.

No Caption Provided

The Unfurling Hurricane technique may not have much of an effect, since Static has been able to block fire-based attacks before.

No Caption Provided
Static deflects flaming coins thrown at him, flowed by a flaming punch coming at him at superhuman speed. Unlike the cartoon version, Hotstreak possessed superhuman speed, and it was the friction of his speed that also allowed to generate fire from his body.
Static deflects flaming coins thrown at him, flowed by a flaming punch coming at him at superhuman speed. Unlike the cartoon version, Hotstreak possessed superhuman speed, and it was the friction of his speed that also allowed to generate fire from his body.
Here, a chair covered in flames is deflected after Holocaust throws it at him.
Here, a chair covered in flames is deflected after Holocaust throws it at him.
Here, fire is again being deflected by Static.
Here, fire is again being deflected by Static.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: I don't recall Iron Fist being able to absorb electromagnetic energy, however.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@albusan said:

Hmm, iron Fist Chi allows him to hit with class 100 ton force. He absorbs energy and in has proven to use his chi to connect to electromagnetic energy. He also absorbs energy very quickly to save his life.

He used his Chi to cennect to electromagnetic energy when he destroyed that moving train.

No Caption Provided

I mean; I know plenty about Iron Fist (as you mentioned earlier I made a respect thread blog for him) and I've argued on his sides in plenty of debates. As strong as that punch is that's something that he'd have to do close up, it's not a ranged attack, and thus it wouldn't be all too useful in this battle.

Static's got more powerful projectiles, and flight, thus he has no need to get too close to Iron Fist during this fight giving him a massive edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Doesn't Static have a massive damage soak circa new-52? Reattaching limbs and all?

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static going all out should take this. He has alot more ways to execute his moves and they are alot easier to pull off as opposed to what Iron fist would have to do to take down static.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@albusan: Change the OP and add the condition Static can only fly as high as Danny can Jump. Or, at the very least only fly as high as the tallest building.

Fairly sure Static should win this one if he keeps out of Danny's range, it's not like Static is going to go try and play a round of fisticuffs with Danny.

• Both are out of character bloodlusted

Agreed, out of character he should fly high, and fry Danny like BBQ roast.

GoodLuckKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see how or why Static would need to the power of flight to make this a sure thing he's going to win anyway. The fact that Danny can dodge regular blasts doesn't really mean anything because Static is a massive energy projector he can just increase radius of his attack keeping there from being anywhere for Danny to even dodge to.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This battle really comes down to whether or not Danny can absorb Static's energy or not... if he can then he would win because other than flight static wouldn't have any way to put danny down....

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static isn't a street leveler.

Static disperse Danny atoms across the planet.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

static

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Static.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be an interesting fight. But my money would be on Static. Iron Fist is good. But he isn't defeating Static Shock in a fight.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static would really only need to point at Danny in order to immobilize him with a little magnetic levitation and then from there on he can just blast him as he pleases.

And as for dodging, Static has created a huge electric storm that could be seen from across the Manhattan Bridge. If he decided to, he could just rain down that on Danny, which he won't dodge.

I don't see how this is much fair.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

@blackwind: I forgot about that electric storm. That was in Hawkman. LOL. The impressive thing about that showing was that the storm only struck the zombies on that bridge.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a complete mismatch. static wins fairly easily

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind:

Only if danny can't absorb his energy... I know danny has absorbed energy before but what I don't know is can he absorb electromagnetic energy... He can use the energy of others to amp his chi to even higher levels...so really this battle comes down to whether or now he can absorb his energy....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I take it we are not using current Iron Fist?

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

I take bloodlusted as meaning being as powerful as he can be....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@axle124: That usually just means no holding back. But current Iron Fist isn't connected to the dragon chi.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: So, he's depowered? I recall him being depowered for the first time back in the late 90s.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By axle124

@static_shock: @jonny_anonymous:

Well yeah I guess you are probably right,, but I would guess since that wouldn't be a fair match up at all he doesn't mean current... Do you think at his peak he could absorb electromagnetic energy?? if he can,then he can win this.... if he can't, then he loses no matter what version is used....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axle124: @static_shock: Yeah currently in Iron Fist: Living Weapon he's been stripped of the chi of Shou Lao so he just has his skills but he's likely able to channel his own chi.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm sure he can channel his own innate Chi. back when he was first depowered, he still able to bust through steel I-beams.

@axle124 said:

@static_shock: @jonny_anonymous:

Well yeah I guess you are probably right,, but I would guess since that wouldn't be a fair match up at all he doesn't mean current... Do you think at his peak he could absorb electromagnetic energy?? if he can,then he can win this.... if he can't, then he loses no matter what version is used....

For the sake of the argument, I don't think he means current Iron Fist, either. But, what I do know is that he can absorb energy. After busting that train, he absorbed the explosion. As far as being able to absorb electromagnetic energy, I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that he can.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlackWind

@static_shock: I tend to remember that feat because I quite liked it. It was a good showing for his range, I think. Didn't it also short circuit the zombies so they couldn't move? I don't know zombie physiology.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

He can absorb energy and use energy of others to upgrade his, but I don't think he would be able to do that to Static. I think he loses because of this... Iron Fist was my favorite character for about 8 years or so me actually getting in a battle that he loses is big for me... lol...

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: In that same scan we have to address Iron Fist's ability for chi flowing into electromagnetic energy.

I take it we are not using current Iron Fist?

No I shoud have mentioned that it's full-powered Iron Fist. Thank you for the reminder.

@albusan: I don't recall Iron Fist being able to absorb electromagnetic energy, however.

Good scans, and I can see you haven't lost your debating skills since your hiatus. In that same train scan I posted, Rand says, he's allowing his Chi to flow freely in the electromagnetic current that the train generates, to get swpt up in it's undertow. He uses the electromagnetic current to fastball special himself into the train! What else can his chi do with electromagnetic energy if he can use it to flow in electromagnetic energy?

BlackJudas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Frisky4

@jashro44 said:

Static is just too powerful. I think he is a bit out of the street level range.

Amen.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock

@albusan: That's not the same as absorbing electromagnetic energy, though. In a nutshell, the scan is basically saying that he's allowing the current of the train to use his Chi as a vacuum, or vice versa. Though, let's say that Danny could use this method of attack against Static, who is flowing with electromagnetic energy. It will bring them closer together, but it gives Static an even greater advantage. This just goes back to what would happen if Danny managed to get into the air to attack his opponent.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static, I do believe.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regarding the energy Absorption argument.

Reason why that won't work and would the worst possible thing for IF.

1) IF energy absorption have limits right ?

2) Static is has energy absorption as well and on a much higher scale. And the last thing IF wants is to use EM against a guy who is a master of it.