• 194 results
#1 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

SS has a rival in his show that uses fire that he beats pretty regularly, but I think Johnny is a bit more powerful. fight takes place in New York.

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Frowns

Why would you make this? You know Human Torch wins in a curbstomp.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Johnny Storm wins this fight against Static Shock. I dont know how Static Shock could handle Johnny's Nova Blast. "

He wouldn't even have to use that.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Storm wins this fight against Static Shock. I dont know how Static Shock could handle Johnny's Nova Blast.

#5 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

" Human Torch wins in a curbstomp. "
#6 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"King Saturn says:
"Johnny Storm wins this fight against Static Shock. I dont know how Static Shock could handle Johnny's Nova Blast. "
He wouldn't even have to use that."

I know. I was just making the point of how onesided the fight was.

#7 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, Static, I didn't view this as such a one-sided battle. I'm a little rusty on the abilities of SS, but they can both fly, one can use electricity and magnetism, the other can use fire and Static has shown he is capable of beating fire-users before, not to mention taking out foes that are more powerful than him.

For this fight (like all my fights) we're using these guys with normal temperaments, that means they won't be trying to kill each othe rwith fire novas and such.

#8 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Static gets pwn'ed.

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"I'm sorry, Static, I didn't view this as such a one-sided battle. I'm alittle rusty on the abilities of SS, but they can both fly, one can useelectricity and magnetism, the other can use fire and Static has shownhe is capable of beating fire-users before, not to mention taking outfoes that are more powerful than him."

I can see that. Hotstreak is a pyrokinetic, but unless you're talking about the show, his primary power is superhuman speed in the comics. Being able to shoot flames is the latter ability he gains from the friction of his speed. Other than that, he hasn't done anything on Human Torch's level. I don't even think he could cover himself in flames, either. I doubt he could even get as hot as he could.

#10 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"I bet if it was Moon Knight instead of Static, you would say that MK wins. LOL."

Probabally.

But seriously, Static has no chance. Torch has been seen doing way more fantastic (No pun intended) feats and fighting bigger foes.

#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet if it was Moon Knight instead of Static, you would say that MK wins. LOL.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Probabally.

Obviously.

Midnight Lantern says:

But seriously, Static has no chance. Torch has been seen doing way morefantastic (No pun intended) feats and fighting bigger foes."

Obviously.

#13 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen the show, but back to my original post, Static defeats Hotstreak about everytime they fight and unless the comic is drastically different that means he can not only handle Hotstreak but a bunch of dudes above hotstreak's level as well which could possibly include human torch. Human torch is very powerful, obviously more powerful than static, I did not ignore that fact when I posted this, but Static is also known for his ingenuity. Human Torch usually depends on the smarts of Reed and his sister to figure out how he can best contribute to the group and bring an enemy down, Static has been doing solo and has taken on multiple meta-humans at the same time (at least in the show) using a combination of his wits and power.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"I've only seen the show, but back to my original post, Static defeats Hotstreak about everytime they fight and unless the comic is drastically different that means he can not only handle Hotstreak but a bunch of dudes above hotstreak's level as well which could possibly include human torch. Human torch is very powerful, obviously more powerful than static, I did not ignore that fact when I posted this, but Static is also known for his ingenuity. Human Torch usually depends on the smarts of Reed and his sister to figure out how he can best contribute to the group and bring an enemy down, Static has been doing solo and has taken on multiple meta-humans at the same time (at least in the show) using a combination of his wits and power. "

Are you saying Static wins?

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"I've only seen the show, but back to my original post, Static defeats Hotstreak about everytime they fight and unless the comic is drastically different that means he can not only handle Hotstreak but a bunch of dudes above hotstreak's level as well which could possibly include human torch.

Static has fought Hotstreak three times in the comics. He lost the first time, but owned Hotstreak the other two times. But, who do you think is on Human Torch's level from that show?

Super-Buster says:

Human torch is very powerful, obviously more powerful than static, I did not ignore that fact when I posted this, but Static is also known for his ingenuity. Human Torch usually depends on the smarts of Reed and his sister to figure out how he can best contribute to the group and bring an enemy down, Static has been doing solo and has taken on multiple meta-humans at the same time (at least in the show) using a combination of his wits and power.

He has also taken on multiple meta-humans at once in the comic book. Six of them, I think.

Vance Astro says:

Are you saying Static wins?

He's saying that because of Static's wits and ingenuity as a solo hero, the fight may not be a curbstomp, and that Static may have a chance.
Post Edited:2008-04-01 17:30:37

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static.There was a character on the show that Static fought when his dad got kidnapped.She has control over machines and some powerful TK.She might be on Johnny's level.

#17 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

But does the Static Cartoon count as Canon?

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"But does the Static Cartoon count as Canon?"

depends.

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"But does the Static Cartoon count as Canon?"

Storywise, no. But, Super-Buster specified that it was Static from the cartoon. So, the cartoon is relevant here. Static from the comics isn't that much different from Static in the cartoon, anyway. Except for the costume, maybe...
Post Edited:2008-04-01 17:41:58

#20 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"But does the Static Cartoon count as Canon? "
depends."

Well, I think anything outside the Comics would'nt count.

I.E. Cartoons, Movies, stuff like that.

I still give it to Torchy.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Well, I think anything outside the Comics would'nt count.I.E. Cartoons, Movies, stuff like that.I still give it to Torchy.

Read what I just said.
Post Edited:2008-04-01 17:40:50

#22 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Static has fought Hotstreak three times in the comics. He lost the first time, but owned Hotstreak the other two times. But, who do you think is on Human Torch's level from that show?"

Based on what I've seen of the show, I don't think there was anyone who could match Johnny in terms of pure power, but there have been challenges that he faced (including facing down multiple meta-humans at once) that I think match Johnny in terms of how tough he would be to overcome.

@Vance: I honestly think I don't have enough information of Static to declare the outright winner (I didn't even know there was a comic until now), but I think its worth debating before we choose Torch as the winner.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"Static Shock says:
"Static has fought Hotstreak three times in the comics. He lost the first time, but owned Hotstreak the other two times. But, who do you think is on Human Torch's level from that show?"

Based on what I've seen of the show, I don't think there was anyone who could match Johnny in terms of pure power, but there have been challenges that he faced (including facing down multiple meta-humans at once) that I think match Johnny in terms of how tough he would be to overcome.

@Vance: I honestly think I don't have enough information of Static to declare the outright winner (I didn't even know there was a comic until now), but I think its worth debating before we choose Torch as the winner."

I don't have all the info on static either but Static himself who has actually read the comics said Human Torch wins.I'm going to argue with him.I never seen Static do anything that would put him on Johnny's level but then again I haven't read the comics.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"Static, do you know as much info about Static as your name implies? Do you think its possible for him to beat Torch?"

I think he is the only person here who has actually read the comics and not just watched the show.

#25 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, do you know as much info about Static as your name implies? Do you think its possible for him to beat Torch?

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"Static, do you know as much info about Static as your name implies? Do you think its possible for him to beat Torch?"

It's possible. I mean, Johnny isn't the most intelligent superhero around. He's not stupid either. It's just that for someone as young as Static is, I've seen him use his head (in conjunction with his powers) more than Johnny has. And, Static has outwitted foes that are older and possibly smarter than he is in both the show and the comics. If you've seen them both, you'll know that Static is always quick to find scientific ways to use his powers (For example, he once made a hydrogen bomb-like explosion using his powers on water). But, since this isn't a fight to the death, Static has a greater chance of winning this.
Post Edited:2008-04-01 18:08:33

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

You aren't gonna find them up for download. Your best bet is to buy them from eBay.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I think he is the only person here who has actually read the comics and not just watched the show."

Sling Shot has read some too, I believe. And, maybe a few others. Most people have watched the show and never read (or knew about) the comics. A lot of others think that Static is a wash-up and didn't care for the show or the comics.

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I think he is the only person here who has actually read the comics and not just watched the show."

Sling Shot has read some too, I believe. And, maybe a few others. Most people have watched the show and never read (or knew about) the comics. A lot of others think that Static is a wash-up and didn't care for the show or the comics."

I want to read them..but the odds of me finding them anywhere are very slim.I'm trying to see if I can get a torrent or something.I know a site that has alot of old comics for download..but rapidshare sucks ass.You can only download like one thing every 288 hours.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"You aren't gonna find them up for download. Your best bet is to buy them from eBay."

I hate eBay lol.I look there though.

#31 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... maybe I made a mistake in choosing a non-mainstream character, there don't seem to be many people who know about static's abilities and what he's done in order to get a good discussion going.

#32 Posted by StormAmazonPhoenix (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny with relative ease

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Static.

#34 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"I'm gonna say Static."

Explain? Oh didn't you say Torch would beat him easily too?
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

Static.Johnny is dumb as hell.He lost to so many street levelers.

#36 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"Explain? Oh didn't you say Torch would beat him easily too? "
Yeah. That was a year ago.

I've seen Johnny get hurt with lightning even in his fire form. Also, Static moves too fast on his Saucer for Johnny to hit him with a Nova Blast or start a Supernova. Also, I think Static, even though he's younger than Johnny, is smarter than he is. Johnny is a bit incompetent., and can be outsmarted in battle.
#37 Edited by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
"Explain? Oh didn't you say Torch would beat him easily too? "
Yeah. That was a year ago.I've seen Johnny get hurt with lightning even in his fire form. Also, Static moves too fast on his Saucer for Johnny to hit him with a Nova Blast or start a Supernova. Also, I think Static, even though he's younger than Johnny, is smarter than he is. Johnny is a bit incompetent., and can be outsmarted in battle."

I wasn't to trying to disargee. I was just tryin to have you explain both y the change and y he would win.

Solid Snake coul beat him, I could even tell how he would do it too.
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"Solid Snake coul beat him, I could even tell how he would do it too. "
Beat Static? How? LMFAO!
#39 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
Beat Static? How? LMFAO!"
huh? Im talking about HT. If Batman can beat Static then im sure SS could as well. Even thouhg Batman beatin him would make no sense at all.
#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
huh? Im talking about HT. If Batman can beat Static then im sure SS could as well. Even thouhg Batman beatin him would make no sense at all. "
Snake is no Batman.Not even close.
#41 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Solid Snake in a comic?

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Secret Turchin Man said:
" Is Solid Snake in a comic? "
Yes...Metal Gear Solid.
#43 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Secret Turchin Man said:
Metal Gear Solid. Videogame. Not sure if he has made it to a comic book though.
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"huh? Im talking about HT."
How would he do it?

@Lantern Prime said:
" If Batman can beat Static then im sure SS could as well."
Batman isn't beating Static without preparations. Solid Snake wouldn't stand a chance because he's not as intelligent as Batman, and wouldn't have the technological means to fight Static.

@Morpheus_ said:
"Metal Gear Solid. Videogame. Not sure if he has made it to a comic book though. "

There's a comic book out for it.

#45 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@Secret Turchin Man said:
Yes...Metal Gear Solid.
"

I was not aware it was a comic, thanks.
#46 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
huh? Im talking about HT. If Batman can beat Static then im sure SS could as well. Even thouhg Batman beatin him would make no sense at all. "
Snake is no Batman.Not even close.
"

Batman and Snake mirror each other so much that no other characters even come sclose to matching.

Both great H2h fighters

Both Dark, mysterious characters

Both have high-tech weaponry

Both have psychotic and weird but powerful enemies

Both use smarts, cunning will and their enviorments around to defeat their opponents

Now tell me how they arent related.

Anyways lets get back on topic.
#47 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
"huh? Im talking about HT."
How would he do it?

@Lantern Prime said:
" If Batman can beat Static then im sure SS could as well."
Batman isn't beating Static without preparations. Solid Snake wouldn't stand a chance because he's not as intelligent as Batman, and wouldn't have the technological means to fight Static.

@Morpheus_ said:
"Metal Gear Solid. Videogame. Not sure if he has made it to a comic book though. "
There's a comic book out for it."

Solid Snake is near same level of intelligence that Batman is just not at the same level. If he had prep time his outcome would be the same as the bats.
#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"Batman and Snake mirror each other so much that no other characters even come sclose to matching. Both great H2h fightersBoth Dark, mysterious charactersBoth have high-tech weaponryBoth have psychotic and weird but powerful enemiesBoth use smarts, cunning will and their enviorments around to defeat their opponentsNow tell me how they arent related. Anyways lets get back on topic. "
They aren't related. Period. Batman is nothing like Snake and vice versa.
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
"Batman and Snake mirror each other so much that no other characters even come sclose to matching. Both great H2h fightersBoth Dark, mysterious charactersBoth have high-tech weaponryBoth have psychotic and weird but powerful enemiesBoth use smarts, cunning will and their enviorments around to defeat their opponentsNow tell me how they arent related. Anyways lets get back on topic. "
They aren't related. Period. Batman is nothing like Snake and vice versa. "
Agreed.
#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime: Batman is over 190 I.Q. Not sure about Snake.