• 58 results
#1 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

star wars would win

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"star wars would win"

againat a constellation class star ship i'd agree with you...

against a Galaxy glass or above they wouldn't have a chance

M
#4 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"SilverSurfa said:
"star wars would win"

M
"
Actually, against most of the Star Wars vessels, I would back the Star Trek ones anyday.

The reactor power, shielding, weapons and vehicle speed/acceleration/maneuverability all seem in favour of Star Trek.

There are many sites that have debated this.

Here is one example.

http://st-v-sw.net/STSWcompare.html
#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cheers Creator, that is actually a really good comparison...

i do stand by my earlier post though, as everything in that comparison is of Next Gen and above Star Trek while dealing with the entire Star Wars universe...

against a Constilattion class Enterprise, as shown in the picture at the top of the thread, i could see it being more of an equal fight as the Constallation class star ships were nowhere near as advanced as anything in the comparison listed. especially their weapons and defense are more of a match to the Imperial ships. putting an imperial warship against a Galaxy or Sovereign class Federation Starship is just overkill...

M

#6 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Even the old constallation class phasers could produce seriuos kick as they were fully capable of being augmented by temporary jury rigs.
Their acceleration was not significantly slower than those of the Next gen as not many improvements had been made on sublight drives between the 2 time periods.
I admit the shields, on the older ship class, are weaker but I would not call this battle one sided.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (225026 posts) - - Show Bio
Star Trek Starships are better than Star Wars Starships overall...
#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Methos said:
"SilverSurfa said:
"star wars would win"

M
"
Actually, against most of the Star Wars vessels, I would back the Star Trek ones anyday.

The reactor power, shielding, weapons and vehicle speed/acceleration/maneuverability all seem in favour of Star Trek.

There are many sites that have debated this.

Here is one example.

http://st-v-sw.net/STSWcompare.html
"
All too easy to counter.  

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/ 
Plus Imperial fleets do not count fighters amongst their groups, which the federation does.  So in sheer numbers,alone, die picard die!

#9 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this include other races like the Borg? Also has anyone considered how teleportation could sway this? If Star Trek can people aboard Star Wars ships its going to make matters worse, heck they dont even need to send people just bombs in selected places; it has been proven by the Millenium Falcon attaching itself to a Star Destroyer and X-wings cruising along the surface of the Death Star that Star Wars ships have vulnerabilities in their [weak to non-existant from movie showings] sheilds.

#10 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"Does this include other races like the Borg? Also has anyone considered how teleportation could sway this? If Star Trek can people aboard Star Wars ships its going to make matters worse, heck they dont even need to send people just bombs in selected places; it has been proven by the Millenium Falcon attaching itself to a Star Destroyer and X-wings cruising along the surface of the Death Star that Star Wars ships have vulnerabilities in their [weak to non-existant from movie showings] sheilds."

Yes it does include all of the StarTrek StarShips, as for Borg, the Kinglons, the Romulans etc etc.

And yes, the same goes for Starwas. The Federation, The Jedi Cousels, The Empire, etc etc..

All ships are included in this battle. (Death Star is included too)

Furthermore. Startrek is allowed to use their teleporters and use their weapons to evaporate. they can also use holograms and androids and whatever the cuase to push for win.

same goes for the Starwars guys... Don't forget, that they do have Jedis and Sith. and they also have a really really big Star Destroyer.

If the pic is too big just go here.

http://webtwee.net/images/space_comparison_chart_huge.jpeg

#11 Edited by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

One letter to win this, "Q" Just makes the uss dues ex machina.

#12 Posted by Danko (274 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. If its straight up Star Wars v.s Star Trek then Star Trek owns. WITH REMARKABLE EASE. How does Star Wars defeat an army of Q's? the dude is a Star Trek MXYPTKLYXZ.

#14 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

this debate will never end and no one wins BUT its fun!

Jedi OWN startrek  Q would get sliced and diced. I also before hand was at stardestroyer.net and I think they have a convincing case for why starwars wins.
only problem is that starwars lacks the great captains that the trek has but Jedis are better

#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
"Logic Mark III said:
"Does this include other races like the Borg? Also has anyone considered how teleportation could sway this? If Star Trek can people aboard Star Wars ships its going to make matters worse, heck they dont even need to send people just bombs in selected places; it has been proven by the Millenium Falcon attaching itself to a Star Destroyer and X-wings cruising along the surface of the Death Star that Star Wars ships have vulnerabilities in their [weak to non-existant from movie showings] sheilds."

Yes it does include all of the StarTrek StarShips, as for Borg, the Kinglons, the Romulans etc etc.

And yes, the same goes for Starwas. The Federation, The Jedi Cousels, The Empire, etc etc..

All ships are included in this battle. (Death Star is included too)

Furthermore. Startrek is allowed to use their teleporters and use their weapons to evaporate. they can also use holograms and androids and whatever the cuase to push for win.

same goes for the Starwars guys... Don't forget, that they do have Jedis and Sith. and they also have a really really big Star Destroyer.

If the pic is too big just go here.

http://webtwee.net/images/space_comparison_chart_huge.jpeg

"
They made more super star destroyers.  Lots more. 
#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
Jedi OWN startrek  Q would get sliced and diced.

i'm sorry, that post is possibly the stupidest and most ignorant post i have ever read...

jedi Vs Q... hmm... let me think of a good example here...

ok, we might as well put Stephen Hawking Vs Superman in a punchup, that would be less one sided than this battle...

Q would just eat the force for fun before using the lightsabers to fluss his teeth with, don't be stupid about this, if we bring Q into it then it's too one sided, stick with the non-godlike beings from Star Trek, just to make this fair...

though i will say that a Borg Cube would easily own the deathstar

M
#17 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Star Trek ships, because they're actually realistic. Star Wars would be trying to have dogfights in space, and Star Trek would just lock on their ships and hit them every single goddamn time. Then Star Wars would return the favor, and with the mighty SHIELDS of most Star Trek ships they would take little to no damage. Not to mention if pit Phasers against Blasters, the Phasers win every time.

But, I pit to you...who would win? An army of Red-shirted Ensigns(from the first Star Trek) vs. an army of Storm Troopers(first three Star Wars movies.) A battle of incompetence.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Gottheit said:
But, I pit to you...who would win? An army of Red-shirted Ensigns(from the first Star Trek) vs. an army of Storm Troopers(first three Star Wars movies.) A battle of incompetence."

red shirts... the aim is to die first right? lol

M
#19 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos even says it. Star Trek Wins...in a way.

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Trek owns....

even if it comes down to boarding parties, phasers are far superior to blasters... and anyone that says a lightsaber could deflect a phaser beam needs to check their physics and how light sabers actually work lol

M

#21 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Star Wars still get Jedi? There are Jedi/Sith that can rape planets. So neither side should get people with 'powers'. I dont think Star Wars could cope with the Borg. They time travel and adapt with great ease. They would also turn Star Wars soldiers and ships to their cause. Teleportation is a great advantage here. It means they can keep their ships from engaging in pitched battles with weapons of mass destruction like the Death Star and send insurgency groups and well placed bombs etc.

#22 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars should get Jedi and Sith. It's what's keeping them in the fight.

#23 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought they had enough Mega ships, droids, clones etc to do that. I suppose you are right though. Not much Star Wars can do to counter time travel even with the Force...or can they?

#24 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wanted to see the Empire vs. The Borg...Vader vs. being Assimilated. That would rock.

#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Gottheit said:
"

I've always wanted to see the Empire vs. The Borg...Vader vs. being Assimilated. That would rock.

"
Twenty million+ planets against tens of thousands of planets.   And apparently none of you have read the link I posted.
#26 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

No, because it's going to involve numbers and math, so it's just as good as you not giving me the information to begin with. Also, numbers alone don't decide a battle, Dreadnaught.

#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

omg... debating star wars vs star trek???

#28 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Trek owns....

even if it comes down to boarding parties, phasers are far superior to blasters... and anyone that says a lightsaber could deflect a phaser beam needs to check their physics and how light sabers actually work lol

M
"
How lightsabers actually work.

Riiiiiight...
#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
Twenty million+ planets against tens of thousands of planets.   And apparently none of you have read the link I posted.

planets and numbers mean dick all when it comes to battles like this...

ten borg could assimalate an entire planet, send one borg to Curascant and see what happens lol

M
#30 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Dreadnaught said:

planets and numbers mean dick all when it comes to battles like this...

ten borg could assimalate an entire planet, send one borg to Curascant and see what happens lol

M
"
Have you even read star destroyer.net after I sent a link to it?  Or have you not been able to read it.  In that case I will post it again.  

#31 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
How lightsabers actually work.

yes, how they work.... if you actually read the star wars encyclopedia you will find an actual discription by George Lucus about how he intially concieved them and how they work...

specifically they are created using focused plasma being held in a cohesive beam by highly focused electromagnetic fields...

here's the actual waffle...

The energy channel is where the actual lightsaber blade is generated. Energy flowing from the crystal energy chamber is converted to the arc wave  that will become the blade. The arc wave flows up through the blade energy channel and past the cycling field energizers. These energizers are responsible for the gyroscopic effect discussed earlier in the article. The refined arc wave makes its way to the blade arc tip and from there becomes visible as the glowing blade of the lightsaber that is so familiar.

So it doesn't matter how focused the plasma beam is, or how tightly the magnetic field holds the cohesion together. while for Star Trek PHASERS  (or PHASed Energy Rectification tp use the correct term)..... sciencey bit...

The phaser types have power levels designated 1 to 8, with the phaser type-2 having an additional eight levels up to 16. The additional settings 9 to 16 all involve high proportions of nucleur disruption energy, with individual emitter segments capable of directing a maximum of 0.01 megawatts. The type-2 phaser modifications include an improved sarium-krellide power cell, curved grip, and reinforced pre-fire chamber, among others. The power cell is hot-swappable in the field and holds a total energy charge of 8.7^9 x 10^7 megajoules. The power cell is housed within a 45° curved grip for improved targeting and handling. Within the optronics and energy-manipulation section, the lithium-copper pre-fire chamber has been strengthened with the addition of a wound hafnium tritonide fibre layer, which allows a pre-fire chamber energy density and plasma pressure 15% higher than that of the type-2 unit. Control surfaces, response, and operation remain unchanged.

for anyone that doesn't read physics, basically the PHASER uses massive amounts of focused power to create a blast beam that is only partly in this dimension while is using phased energy that is slightly nocked out of normal 'space time' to create the damage or death, depending on the setting.... or if you'd prefer the science...

When the phaser's trigger is depressed, the charge barrier field breaks down in 0.02 picoseconds. Through the rapid nadion effect the LiCu 521 segmented emitter converts the pumped energy into a tuned phaser discharge. As with the ship's main phasers, the greater the energy pumped from the pre-fire chamber so the higher will be the percentage of nuclear disruption force (NDF) created. At low to moderate settings, the nuclear disruption threshold will not be crossed, limiting the phaser discharge to stun and thermal impact resulting from simple electromagnetic (SEM) effects. At the higher settings, as an override precaution for the operator, the discharge will take a distance of approximately one metre to decay and recombine to form fully-lethal emissions.

so attempting to block a PHASed Energy Retrifaction weapon with a lightsaber will just make you look stupid, as unlike blasters which have a cohesive light blast. the phasers used phased energy that would pass through a lightsaber harmlessly.

M
#32 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

this battle is serious!!!

#33 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

I somehow sense that methos is dodging any attempt at me trying to ask him to respond to the link  I posted. 

#34 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
Have you even read star destroyer.net after I sent a link to it?  Or have you not been able to read it.  In that case I will post it again.  

"

i read it... so what?

there's nothing there i didn't know before...

M
#35 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Dreadnaught said:

"

i read it... so what?

there's nothing there i didn't know before...

M
"
Read all of it :)
#36 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"I somehow sense that methos is dodging any attempt at me trying to ask him to respond to the link  I posted. 
"

there's nothing to respond to... seriously...

it's all one sided BS where as the link The Creator posted was actually well thought out and uses actual science, where as the link you posted me barely even uses correct science and even then uses incorrect terms and equiations for energy and speed

M
#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
Read all of it :)

i have...

it's all one sided bulls#!t written by a star wars fanboy with little, if any knowledge of Star Trek or real science.... you're only posting it repeatadly because it's the only article on the internet that will actually agree with you

M
#38 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

wow a rash of deletions!!!

#39 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Fck it! I'm gonna say it, GREEN LANTERNS B!@#@& Lol.

Back to topic. I don't know Star trek, so I can't tell who'll win.

#40 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"Fck it! I'm gonna say it, GREEN LANTERNS B!@#@& Lol.

Back to topic. I don't know Star trek, so I can't tell who'll win."

Hal Jordan Vs The Death Star roflol....

oh man, i can see that now

M
#41 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Copy said:

M
"
Me, too, lol.
#42 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

can magneto captain the enterprise?

#43 Posted by Darkchild (41423 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Copy said:

M
"
i can picturee a blimp going up in flames when i read that

Hal vs a DS ooh yeah thatbe funny
#44 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"speedlgt said:
Jedi OWN startrek  Q would get sliced and diced.

i'm sorry, that post is possibly the stupidest and most ignorant post i have ever read...

jedi Vs Q... hmm... let me think of a good example here...

ok, we might as well put Stephen Hawking Vs Superman in a punchup, that would be less one sided than this battle...

Q would just eat the force for fun before using the lightsabers to fluss his teeth with, don't be stupid about this, if we bring Q into it then it's too one sided, stick with the non-godlike beings from Star Trek, just to make this fair...

though i will say that a Borg Cube would easily own the deathstar

M
"
I am sorry...but i could care less that Q is trek god...my opinion is hes Q WHO! thats right no one cares M.  A character of that power is ridiculous. And thats my point I know who he is and what he can do and I dont give a Crap.  Jedi Rule and thats that.
#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
I am sorry...but i could care less that Q is trek god...my opinion is hes Q WHO! thats right no one cares M.  A character of that power is ridiculous. And thats my point I know who he is and what he can do and I dont give a Crap.  Jedi Rule and thats that.
"

and you happily admit that Q is Trek god... you admit his power and state you don't give a crap...

how wonderful for you since you obviously don't care about a decent batlle

M
#46 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

The original post was the ships of these two universes fighting against each other, not the people (So . . . Jedi/Sith, Q, Borg, Great Captins, etc . . .should not count).

In terms of ships, Star Wars has the prize in speed, maneuverability, man-power, ship quantity and with the death star - firepower and, let's not forget the sun crusher.
Star Trek has them beat in Acceleration, Cloaking, transporters, torpedoes.

It is very debatable about the power level of shields and standard weapons.  According to the numbers from both universes Star Wars beats out Star Trek in Shield energy output and cannon firepower, but there is some discrepancy between the effectiveness of Blaster vs Phasers and the two different shield types vs. each other.

With all the evidence I have ever read regarding this (to my disappointment I have to side with the Star Wars Universe.

#47 Posted by XIV (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek sucks booty,but anyway,the ships are better in that wack universe.

#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

all the Star Trek universe needs is the USS Voyager from the end of the series...

Transphasic torpedoes and shielding that CANNOT be breached due to both the shielding and torpedoes being out of phase with space and time...

nothing is going to breach those shields and the torpedoes will blow through the death star like a lightsaber through a peanut butter sandwich...

job done

M

#49 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS BATTLE IS SERIOUS!!!

#50 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"all the Star Trek universe needs is the USS Voyager from the end of the series...

Transphasic torpedoes and shielding that CANNOT be breached due to both the shielding and torpedoes being out of phase with space and time...

nothing is going to breach those shields and the torpedoes will blow through the death star like a lightsaber through a peanut butter sandwich...

job done

M
"

Hahaha that's a nice way to put it... Anymore takers before I place my opinion?