#1 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

Galvatron

Starscream

Wildstorm

Rules

Transformers Cybertron versions of Galvatron and Megatron.

Wildstorm versions Midnighter, Maul, Jack and Apollo.

Standard Morals.

Random encounter.

Win by Death, Incap, Submission or K.O.

Standard Gear.

Rounds

Round one is a Gauntlet.

Tier 1. Galvatron and Starscream face Midnighter.

Tier 2. Galvatron and Starscream face Maul.

Tier 3. Galvatron and Starscream face Jack Hawksmoor.

Tier 4. Galvatron and Starscream face Apollo.

Should the duo lose they get to continue, and are fully healed.

Round two is a Free for all.

Arena

Opponents start 500 meters away visible

Arena is clear of spectators

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

Will probably update later more extensively but the abilities of Starscream and Megatron include.

100+ Tonner plus strength.

Planet Busting energy projection at max (though requires some time to charge).

Ability to resist being warped when traveling through harmful dimensions.

Laser and Missile fire and Weaponry which when fired at maximum intensity can create explosions which can be seen from space.

Ability to enter Warp Speed, in order to Teleport.

Starscream can temporarily increase his mass, in order to add more force to his blows

Galvatron has the ability to project electricity which has destroyed Missiles and One-Shotted various Transformers, all with 100 tonner plus strength and durability.

Both have meele weaponry which have sliced through various Transformers, all with the aforementioned durability. Megatron has a bladed gauntlet and sword which is made from pure energy, while Starscream has a sword.

@buckshot @dondave @strider92 thoughts?

#3 Posted by dondave (38505 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux With all the things you've listed I'm not really sure how the Wildstorm team can win

#4 Edited by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@laflux With all the things you've listed I'm not really sure how the Wildstorm team can win

Well Maul at full size and Apollo should be considerably stronger, and Apollo has busted through Continent Sized Shapeships IIRC.

The Planet Busting accolade comes from a statement made from a supercomputer when both of them were trying to overpower one another with energy projection, but its completely impractical. They were exuding energy for about 1 minute or so, and both would have been destroyed, or BFR'ed to another dimension if they continued, (the later of which happened to Starscream in their final fight).

Starscream to give an example, was battered into Submission, by Primus utilizing two moons, after he temporarily amped himself with Cybertron Energy, and I'm not sure he ever obtained that level of power naturally.

Midnighter I guess has the ability cut them in half with his doors. Jack Hawksmoor has the whole of New York at his disposal, and they have the carrier.

#7 Edited by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give this a final bump

Annoyingly, all of the videos for the series were on Youtube but got deleted. However, I did manage to salvage some stuff which could be useful

Note, the video cut off everything but Galvatron and Starscream fighting, but at 1.07 when he unleashes that burst of wind, it knocks sends several transformers, including a few 100 tonner ones, who are rushing to join the fray flying back to the ground. Note how Galvatron is unmoved by it.

Galvatron's final battle with Optimus Prime. Controls much of the fight, but gets killed when Vector Prime (a Transformer who sacrificed himself to save the Autobots) gave Optimus his sword (which can cut holes in space time to open portals). Which is weird really, since Galvatron has straight up caught the sword in his hand twice. Ah Well, Plot power for the win.......

@dondave- I hope this gives you a better ability of what they can do.......

@buckshot- Respond already!!!! :P

@saren

#8 Posted by DarthAznable (7587 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Transformers cartoon is that? I hate CGI animation minus Beast Wars.

#9 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

Transformers Cybertron.

#10 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

I don't think Midnighter can do much unless he use door and sent them away.

Maul can change size and start hitting them but I don't think he can take on 2 robots that fire projectiles as powerful as a nuclear bomb. He may just shrink down and probably get inside them and mess around with their circuits or destroy there "sparks" somehow and have them slowly die in agony as they think about their failed attempt of world domination in their final pathetic moments, look each other in the eyes, confess their true feelings for each other, hold hands, shred some tears and fall apart just before Maul change back into size, give the reader two thumbs up with a smile and decides to savage their body parts as armory for the Wild Cats base. But for the life of me, I don't think that will happen...

Apollo can do some real damage, especially when he's sun dipped. Jack had destroyed robots before so with the right tactics he should do fine. Those blasters are the thing I'm concern with since they can destroy the city, but Jack has Doors and can use the city as a offensive and defensive weapon.

@darthaznable said:

Transformers: Cybertron I think, never liked that one nor Energon. I liked Beast Wars back in the day, not much any more.

#11 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

I don't think Midnighter can do much unless he use door and sent them away.

Maul can change size and start hitting them but I don't think he can take on 2 robots that fire projectiles as powerful as a nuclear bomb. He may just shrink down and probably get inside them and mess around with their circuits or destroy there "sparks" somehow and have them slowly die in agony as they think about their failed attempt of world domination in their final pathetic moments, look each other in the eyes, confess their true feelings for each other, hold hands, shred some tears and fall apart just before Maul change back into size, give the reader two thumbs up with a smile and decides to savage their body parts as armory for the Wild Cats base. But for the life of me, I don't think that will happen...

Apollo can do some real damage, especially when he's sun dipped. Jack had destroyed robots before so with the right tactics he should do fine. Those blasters are the thing I'm concern with since they can destroy the city, but Jack has Doors and can use the city as a offensive and defensive weapon.

Well, Megatron has had his body destroyed before, and reformed it using dark energy (He has unicron's armor), but I would count that as victory for the Wildstorm team lol.

#12 Posted by DarthAznable (7587 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerd_of_a_hero: Yeah Armada was the only one I liked a lot out of the Unicron trilogy. Energon was okay up to a point.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't see the callout the first time, sorry. Also, I unfortunately don't know Transformers to the extent that would really be helpful. On the individual fights, I dont see much of a challenge for the Transformers before Jack. Midnighter could kill them with Doors, but I'd barely consider that a win for Midnighter. He wouldn't even be doing anything. When I see Midnighter in fights I expect him to have the option to use his Doors, but when that's all he's doing and the only way he can win, it's not even really him. It makes me think of Thor getting credit for things Mjolnir does. Maul is strong and could probably engage them in a physical fight, but with just strength at his disposal, I doubt he could win against their various energy attacks and flight since to be strong enough to fight he'd have to be pretty dumb. He could get smarter, but then he's not likely to last against their attacks. Jack is the first Wildstorm character here with any real useful versatility. He has the size and strength to compete, all sorts of tricks he can pull with a city, and he has Doors just as much as Midnighter does but doesn't need to rely on them to be in the fight. Given that his first* appearance had him beating up a sentient city capable of tanking dozens of nukes and the combined forces of every hero on the planet at the time, I think he could make short work of these two, but again, that's judging off the little I know of them. Apollo may be able to contend. I feel he's got a better shot of winning if he sticks to a physical fight instead of expending energy. Since they seem almost comfortable with energy attacks, I think he'd have to waste too much energy to hurt them if he went that route. He could probably blow through these guys and rip them apart like he's done to other massive enemies, with his speed keeping him safe from their attacks. The right sort of energy attack from them might knock him out though, going off the examples of a couple of his previous fights. The final fight seems like it would definitely be a Wildstorm victory. Maul and Hawksmoor would be bringing the most damage to the Transformers with Apollo blitzing back and forth and striking with tremendous force but too small and fast to hit, and Midnighter would be there to best coordinate the others, pointing out weak spots to exploit, tactics to employ, and incoming attacks to avoid to defend against.

#14 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: Thanks for the Info, appreciate it.

Yeah, the Transformers tend to be more resilient to energy projection than physical force.

Here Starscream goes up against Primus (a Planet sized Transformer which created all the other transformers). Although he is defeated rather easily, he is able to tank some firepower from Primus, and isn't killed.

In the Second Fight, Starscream amps himself, by diving into energy Primus is feeding into a giant black hole to keep it at bay. Because of his temporary amp, Primus instead uses his moons as clubs to batter Starscream into submission, who at this time, is the size of a planet.

So physical force is more effective.

If you don't mind, do you have scans of Jack Hawksmoor against the Sentient City. I do remember him fighting an Nigh Invulnerable Super Robot which had a white hot surface- it was part of the inspiration for the battle, but I was unaware of this. I'm assuming that Jack would use a City Suit to engage the Transformers physically, if he wanted to taken that option?

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: here's a link to the capability thread. him fighting the future kansas city should be the first set of images under "City Titans": http://www.comicvine.com/jack-hawksmoor/4005-2194/forums/jack-hawksmoor-capability-thread-626408/

#16 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio