User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shockwiz
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules:

no prep

1. Round one - one vs one,no clones for Starro, no godwave for Ares
  2. Round two - one vs one,clones for Starro, godwave for Ares
  3. Round three - Starro and his whole army vs Ares with godwave and necromancy to make his own soldiers
Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Bump!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I never realized how similar they look.

Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shockwiz

Bumpy BUMP!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Ares sweeps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Starro

Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Depends. v

Is Starro's axe magical? Because if it isn't magical, it won't scratch Ares at all. If it is, Starro can probably one-slice Ares' head off like he did to Despero.

Round 2 - Ares w/ Godwave

Having the powers of the Source, a nigh omnipotent being, beyong Lucifer M. and Michael D., is quite formidable. Combine that with Ares' knowledge of martial arts and every form of war tactics kinda gives him a big upper hand over Starro.

Round 3 - Depends. v

If Starro can enslave some meta and super beings, he wins.

If Starro doesn't get any super-powered minions, I'd say Ares because he's a master tactician and knows every single military technique and tactic in the world. Also his necromancy can bring back every dead soldier (ranging from BC to AD) to life to fight for him. If all else fails, Godwave Ares can just wipe out Starro's army himself.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer

@retconcrisis: But can't Ares TK control all forms of weaponry? So wouldn't that include magical ones? Or when it says "Complete telekentic command and mastery over any weapon" is it talking about wielding it personally?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: That's true, but it's not in character for Ares to do so. If he did use his TK in character, Diana wouldn't have even come near to killing him the first place.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: It's not in character for him? Really? Didn't think something as simple as that would be lol. Though right, right he wouldn't have...still call BS on it though, damn writers!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XiiX

@shockwiz:

Round 1 - Depends. v

Is Starro's axe magical? Because if it isn't magical, it won't scratch Ares at all. If it is, Starro can probably one-slice Ares' head off like he did to Despero.

Round 2 - Ares w/ Godwave

Having the powers of the Source, a nigh omnipotent being, beyong Lucifer M. and Michael D., is quite formidable. Combine that with Ares' knowledge of martial arts and every form of war tactics kinda gives him a big upper hand over Starro.

Round 3 - Depends. v

If Starro can enslave some meta and super beings, he wins.

If Starro doesn't get any super-powered minions, I'd say Ares because he's a master tactician and knows every single military technique and tactic in the world. Also his necromancy can bring back every dead soldier (ranging from BC to AD) to life to fight for him. If all else fails, Godwave Ares can just wipe out Starro's army himself.

More or less, this.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: How exactly is the term "weapon" defined as it relates to Ares? Even a magazine or cardboard box can work as weapons if you have the know-how and intention to do so. I figure there has to be some sort of practical limitation on this power, or he'd be virtually unbeatable in combat.

For what it's worth, I think I've only seen him in maybe 3 fights, against Wonder Woman, Mars, and Highfather. Mars is obviously going to be a stalemate, but I don't recall him exhibiting any special control of weapons in either of the other 2 fights.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer

@freefa11: /Shrug, I dunno I just see that he has complete telekentic command over any weapon and has mastery over any weapon, scans of DC Ares are hard to come by...I mainly just got off that his list of powers. But as Retcon said it's not in character for him to do that...which is rather strange but I guess it's because as you said, if he did do it all the time he wouldn't be beaten.

I'm sure he has shown it somewhere, just probably not in combat.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:

@wolfrazer: How exactly is the term "weapon" defined as it relates to Ares? Even a magazine or cardboard box can work as weapons if you have the know-how and intention to do so. I figure there has to be some sort of practical limitation on this power, or he'd be virtually unbeatable in combat.

For what it's worth, I think I've only seen him in maybe 3 fights, against Wonder Woman, Mars, and Highfather. Mars is obviously going to be a stalemate, but I don't recall him exhibiting any special control of weapons in either of the other 2 fights.

By "weapon", it means items that were designed or created specifically for the purpose to kill. This means swords, spears, axes, blunt weapons, firearms, and knives. However, his TK doesn't work if the weapon is enchanted with a godly barrier from Zeus or the other Olympians. So yes, he has multiple limitations, but he can travel through time, so he can do that if he had prep to kill the person he's versing when they were born. So if writers wrote him like a hero (meaning, he has to win in the end), then Ares would be unstoppable. But Ares is one of the hardest jobbers, next to Killer Croc. Ares only gets beat because of his arrogance, he likes to toy with his opponents.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer
Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers