• 95 results
#1 Posted by Stingerrain (946 posts) - - Show Bio
Vs

No prep.

Full knowledge for both.

In-Character.

Winner by Death.

No BFR.

Fight takes place in an open field at night.

They start out 100 feet away from each other.

Who takes this?

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Phylos (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Skrull would murder Galan. He's extremely overrated, a terrible duelist and only moderately impressive with the force.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Skrull.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: not true. it takes talent to dual wield. and stating his force talents arent impressive.......

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: It's very true. He barely defeated his training droid Proxy in a sparring session and he's done nothing with the force to make him notable among average Jedi Knight's.

#8 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Super Skrull.

The man has spoken. Super-Skrull it is.

#9 Edited by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Skrull stomps. Easily.

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Deranged Midget: not true. it takes talent to dual wield. and stating his force talents arent impressive.......

And this means what? You're only overrating him, as:

1. Dual-wielding is nothing. If you are trained in one art, then you use that one art in what effectiveness it has. There is no superiority in dual-wielding over single saber combat.

2. Because he has shown nothing impressive. His skill is nothing more superior than than an average Jedi Master in saber combat, if not worse, and his Force abilities aren't too impressive either.

@Deranged Midget said:

@theTimeStreamer: It's very true. He barely defeated his training droid Proxy in a sparring session and he's done nothing with the force to make him notable among average Jedi Knight's.

That's underrating Marek LOL. His Force abilities are above an average Jedi Knight's, it's just that his duelling skill is absolutely appalling.

#10 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Did he not defeat Jedi Master shaak ti? Also, wasn't he training in the art by Vader. I don't understand why he is overrated.

Just so I understand better, what constitutes being at least an average dualist? What feats should one have to at least be good?

@Deranged Midget: I'm also lost on this. What would one have to do that makes them standout. Like what is a comparable feat. Perhaps not a Master, but should he at least not be Knight level or more based of his training and accomplishments. I really don't understand why his is "overrated." What aspects does he lack to this effect.

Serious questions. I like his character and would at least like to know. I always thought he was crazy powerful given the effect of his repulse. So what was he lacking? I know there are some God Tier Jedi/Sith like Sidous or that one guy that forced pushed a fleet out of the universe of something to that effect. But what Jedi are great and why isn't Starkiller in their league?

#11 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

@ShootingNova: Did he not defeat Jedi Master shaak ti? Also, wasn't he training in the art by Vader. I don't understand why he is overrated.

Read the book. Shaak Ti, who herself isn't that impressive by comparison to others, was destroying him in the lightsaber portion of their duel.

#12 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: You clearly do not understand or cannot answer my question. Perhaps the other guy can.

#13 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis: I suggest you read the novel. In his saber duels, he was more likely being overwhelmed and required his Force abilities to aid him. He never came even remotely close to defeating Shaak Ti in saber combat, he required his Force abilities to do so. It doesn't matter who trained him, simply because he was trained in saber combat by Vader does not equate to him being a swordsman of prodigious skill, which he is not.

Serious questions. I like his character and would at least like to know. I always thought he was crazy powerful given the effect of his repulse. So what was he lacking? I know there are some God Tier Jedi/Sith like Sidous or that one guy that forced pushed a fleet out of the universe of something to that effect. But what Jedi are great and why isn't Starkiller in their league?

What "repulse"? If you're talking about the game, then everything in the game would be N-Canon. Usage of Repulse does not make you impressive.

Nobody has pushed a fleet out of the universe. I don't know where you got that from, because generally most effects occur within the galaxy. There are exceptions, like the Yuuzhan Vong from outside the galaxy, but most of it is just related to the galaxy and not more.

Sidious is not a god. It's just he is the most powerful Sith:

Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.

--Taken from Vader: The Ultimate Guide

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

It depends on what you mean by "great". In terms of power, there are many. Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Satele Shan, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Arca Jeth, Odan-Urr (in terms of wisdom), and so on. Why is Marek not on their level? Because he has demonstrated no feats to prove such.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: You're just a hater and biased. Of course you would pick Super Skrull.

On topic, Super Skrull squishes him.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

@JediXMan: You clearly do not understand or cannot answer my question. Perhaps the other guy can.

You asked, and I quote:

@Genxsis said:

@ShootingNova: Did he not defeat Jedi Master shaak ti?

So what do you want?

#16 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan: You're just a hater and biased. Of course you would pick Super Skrull.

On topic, Super Skrull squishes him.

Of course I am. I'm still right.

I'm always right.

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Fantomex Solos.

#18 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan: Fantomex Solos.

Exactly.

#19 Edited by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

Who are you referring to by "the other guy"? Deranged Midget? Me?

He was just telling you, or rather, correcting you, because you said "had he not defeated Shaak Ti in a lightsaber duel?" JXM was saying, Shaak Ti was owning him a lightsaber duel. It was the aid of the Sarlaac and his Force abilities that helped him win the battle.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Skrull gives Galen a beat down.

#21 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Are you saying that the powerful effect his force repulse produced was not canon? Wow. That's such a let down. I had no idea.

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis said:

He was just telling you, or rather, correcting you, because you said "had he not defeated Shaak Ti in a lightsaber duel". JXM was saying, Shaak Ti was owning him a lightsaber duel. It was the aid of the Sarlaac and his Force abilities that helped him win the battle.

I understood his comment, but I take issue with certain aspect.

1)Why was he correcting me? I asked the question did he not defeat her? If the answer to that question is no. That would do find. There was no correction needed as I made clear by my question that I did not know rather or not it actually happen so deferred to him because I believe him to have said answer.

2) I also asked for examples of who would be consider a great Jedi/Sith. Because with the knowledge I have, I don't understand (Key words there, don't understand) why Starkiller is not. If he doesn't make he doesn't. But I don't see why, which is why I asked for more information. He did not address this at all. Which leads me to believe he either did understand what I was asking or did not have the info to explain it.

I was referring to Deranged Midget. However, your previous comment actually told me a lot minus who would be considered great, not God mode, but great. Also, I was saying God-tier to say Sideous was by far one of the most powerful. Not that he was in fact a god.

Now, I'm not the most knowledgeable on starwars, however, I am shocked that Yoda and Mace Windu would be considered "great" Two of the Masters of the Order if I remember. Also, where they both not Grand Masters? (I know at least Yoda was) Didn't Mace Master every single Light Saber form and create another that no one else could fully use by himself? That is only considered great? If so, ok. I didn't know the bar was so high. Not that I don't respect that, I was just completely unaware.

Never the less, that was the sort of information I was looking for so that I now have a better understanding of the facts.

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis: I suggest you read the novel. In his saber duels, he was more likely being overwhelmed and required his Force abilities to aid him. He never came even remotely close to defeating Shaak Ti in saber combat, he required his Force abilities to do so. It doesn't matter who trained him, simply because he was trained in saber combat by Vader does not equate to him being a swordsman of prodigious skill, which he is not.

I have only read a few of the star wars Novels. Everything else I know, I learn by asking people that are hardcore fans. While I love the idea, the truth is there are a lot of plot elements and events that make me dislike it all together. Not that I'm bias. If another star wars movie/ game comes out, I'd play. I'm always on the guest list to watch all the movies back to back. But based of what the force is capable of allowing someone to do, there are a lot of things that I just find stupid that have happened in it's long history. However, there is tons of PIS everywhere.

Never the less, thank you for the info. I will ask this though. If those people you listed where "great" who was in the best of the best tier. Like, who was the end all be all, if there was such a person. Was it Sidious??

#22 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Also, I was talking about Dorsk 81. I was told some years back that he forced pushed a fleet out of a galaxy. I didn't read it myself, so if it's not true, I understand. By I would put something like that at God-tier. (Not that he's a God, just wildly powerful.)

#23 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis said:

He was just telling you, or rather, correcting you, because you said "had he not defeated Shaak Ti in a lightsaber duel". JXM was saying, Shaak Ti was owning him a lightsaber duel. It was the aid of the Sarlaac and his Force abilities that helped him win the battle.

1)Why was he correcting me? I asked the question did he not defeat her? If the answer to that question is no. That would do find. There was no correction needed as I made clear by my question that I did not know rather or not it actually happen so deferred to him because I believe him to have said answer.

2) I also asked for examples of who would be consider a great Jedi/Sith. Because with the knowledge I have, I don't understand (Key words there, don't understand) why Starkiller is not. If he doesn't make he doesn't. But I don't see why, which is why I asked for more information. He did not address this at all. Which leads me to believe he either did understand what I was asking or did not have the info to explain it.

1. You worded it as a rhetorical question. And I never said yes or no; I mentioned details you were unaware of.

2. I wasn't addressing that question, now was I? Read what I specifically quoted and what I replied to. It was on the topic of Starkiller's lightsaber skills - nothing more.

#24 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

Never the less, thank you for the info. I will ask this though. If those people you listed where "great" who was in the best of the best tier. Like, who was the end all be all, if there was such a person. Was it Sidious??

Palpatine and Luke Skywalker are at the top of the list in their Orders (Sith / Jedi, respectfully)

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

Are you saying that the powerful effect his force repulse produced was not canon? Wow. That's such a let down. I had no idea.

If you're speaking of fan-made trailers or something of equivalent status, then yes, it's non-canon.

Fair enough.

Isn't it better that he gives you more information? In any regards, speaking to the top expert on SW on the Vine in that way probably isn't the best way......

Okay......

I was referring to Deranged Midget. However, your previous comment actually told me a lot minus who would be considered great, not God mode, but great. Also, I was saying God-tier to say Sideous was by far one of the most powerful. Not that he was in fact a god.

I know this. In fact, if you compared Palpatine to other Sith, he could very well be considered godlike.

Now, I'm not the most knowledgeable on starwars, however, I am shocked that Yoda and Mace Windu would be considered "great" Two of the Masters of the Order if I remember. Also, where they both not Grand Masters? (I know at least Yoda was) Didn't Mace Master every single Light Saber form and create another that no one else could fully use by himself? That is only considered great? If so, ok. I didn't know the bar was so high. Not that I don't respect that, I was just completely unaware.

No, Yoda was the only one of them that was Grand Master. Windu was the Master of the Order, a title he eventually gave back to Yoda. Mace was just stated to be a master of the seven forms (Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Shien (and possibly Djem So), Niman, and Juyo). However, he created another variation of Form VII: Juyo, known as Vaapad (yes, it was named after the animal). He channeled the the dark emotions within him into a weapon of light in order to use Vaapad, and it was designed to be the most effective form against Dark Siders. However, others who attempted to master it (namely Sora Bulq and Depa Billaba) fell to the Dark Side in doing so. No, it is not the only one that is considered great. It is in fact a dreadfully infirm and ineffective form, which I would consider to be a corrupted form because it stems from Mace's flawed philosphy that there is a darkness within everybody. Thus, in order to fight that darkness, Mace utilized it, not repelled it.

Never the less, that was the sort of information I was looking for so that I now have a better understanding of the facts.

Okay.

I have only read a few of the star wars Novels. Everything else I know, I learn by asking people that are hardcore fans. While I love the idea, the truth is there are a lot of plot elements and events that make me dislike it all together. Not that I'm bias. If another star wars movie/ game comes out, I'd play. I'm always on the guest list to watch all the movies back to back. But based of what the force is capable of allowing someone to do, there are a lot of things that I just find stupid that have happened in it's long history. However, there is tons of PIS everywhere.

LOL.....

Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi, and being more powerful than Sidious, would generally be the most powerful Jedi/Sith.

Here is a quote pertaining to Luke's status as the most powerful Jedi:

Even Luke's strength in the Force cannot help. The most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy can only stand by and watch his wife die.

--Taken from The New Jedi Order Sourcebook

Yoda is, however, the most powerful Jedi up to his time, and of his time:

Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

And Satele Shan is, subsequently, widely regarded as the most powerful Jedi of her time, and I would say up to her time as well.

Luke is, however, the most powerful Jedi of more than just his era(s), because he is the most powerful Jedi of all time.

#26 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis said:

Are you saying that the powerful effect his force repulse produced was not canon? Wow. That's such a let down. I had no idea.

If you're speaking of fan-made trailers or something of equivalent status, then yes, it's non-canon.

Think he means the TFU II trailer (not canon; trailers never are, except for the SWTOR cinematics)

#27 Edited by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

@ShootingNova: Also, I was talking about Dorsk 81. I was told some years back that he forced pushed a fleet out of a galaxy. I didn't read it myself, so if it's not true, I understand. By I would put something like that at God-tier. (Not that he's a God, just wildly powerful.)

And a galaxy is not a universe. But even so, he didn't do it out of the galaxy. He only shoved Star Destroyers out of a Star System, and that was with many Jedi channeling the Force through him. He also died doing that, so it's not a good feat.

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis said:

Think he means the TFU II trailer (not canon; trailers never are, except for the SWTOR cinematics)

Alright.

#29 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Genxsis said:

Alright.

For reference:

2:20

Again, not canon.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yep. Plus that's Starkiller (Marek's clone).

#31 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: Yep. Plus that's Starkiller (Marek's clone).

Well, technically the OP never specified (and Starkiller is the recognized "name" of the clone). But chances are, he meant the original Galen.

PS: TFU sucks.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yep.

PS: TFU owns.

Fixed.

#33 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: Yep.

PS: TFU owns.

Fixed.

Nope; sucks. Blight on the Star Wars universe along with TCW. Let Starkiller and Ahsoka burn in the same ring of Hell.

#34 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

1. You worded it as a rhetorical question. And I never said yes or no; I mentioned details you were unaware of.

2. I wasn't addressing that question, now was I? Read what I specifically quoted and what I replied to. It was on the topic of Starkiller's lightsaber skills - nothing more.

1) Let me get this straight, you are actually tell me my intent on asking that question? You are telling me that you know I had no interest in having a real answer? Wow. That is by far the most arrogant thing I have heard today. Congrats.

2)That is my point. I asked more than one question. And the one you think you answered you did not. I basically said "is this true" you response was "You're wrong?" How does that makes sense. A simple "no it is not." would have be exactly what was called for. However, given that you seem to think it was a question I didn't want an answer to, I guess it makes since you gave me some bogus response.

@JediXMan: I am talking about in game effect and trailers release by the studio that made the game. In the game, things hit by his repulse close range turned to ash. If it's just an effect for the game, ok. I didn't know. I was told that the game was apart of the canon. If I was given bad info, I accept that.

I'm one of the highest ranking martial artist in my school and an Junior instructor. Yet, I don't respond to people like that if they ask me a question. I'd also never say something as crazy to one of them like "You don't really want an answer to that question" if they asked me one. What he knows and how he decides to respond to my questions are not related. The info was fine, the delivery left something to be desired in more ways than one.

@ShootingNova said:

No, Yoda was the only one of them that was Grand Master. Windu was the Master of the Order, a title he eventually gave back to Yoda. Mace was just stated to be a master of the seven forms (Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Shien (and possibly Djem So), Niman, and Juyo). However, he created another variation of Form VII: Juyo, known as Vaapad (yes, it was named after the animal). He channeled the the dark emotions within him into a weapon of light in order to use Vaapad, and it was designed to be the most effective form against Dark Siders. However, others who attempted to master it (namely Sora Bulq and Depa Billaba) fell to the Dark Side in doing so. No, it is not the only one that is considered great. It is in fact a dreadfully infirm and ineffective form, which I would consider to be a corrupted form because it stems from Mace's flawed philosphy that there is a darkness within everybody. Thus, in order to fight that darkness, Mace utilized it, not repelled it.

Might I ask why it was ineffective? Shatterpoint was one Novel I did read. Perpahs that novel was in low regard or isn't a proper showing. You say he had a flawed philosophy. I honestly don't understand that either. Don't the Jedi preach control over ones self and emotions? By finding an outlet for those impulses, was that not a means to better control his emotions and better himself? Or am I just totally off the mark as far as Jedi teachings and such.

So Luke makes the All time best. Ok. Now I have a starting point as I would love to know way. Based of some of the things I do know have happened, he much be extremely OP. Again, thanks for the info. This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started asking questions.

@JediXMan said:

@Genxsis said:

Palpatine and Luke Skywalker are at the top of the list in their Orders (Sith / Jedi, respectfully)

Thank you. That is useful info and gives me a starting point to look into things.

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: LOL, I was kidding. Yeah, TFU should have never existed. George Lucas has a horrible sense of canon. Next thing you know, he makes a Jedi that destroys planets, fleets and moons left and right (effortlessly, too) and next thing you know, it's canon.

#36 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Genxsis said:

@JediXMan said:

1) Let me get this straight, you are actually tell me my intent on asking that question? You are telling me that you know I had no interest in having a real answer? Wow. That is by far the most arrogant thing I have heard today. Congrats.

2)That is my point. I asked more than one question. And the one you think you answered you did not. I basically said "is this true" you response was "You're wrong?" How does that makes sense. A simple "no it is not." would have be exactly what was called for. However, given that you seem to think it was a question I didn't want an answer to, I guess it makes since you gave me some bogus response.

@JediXMan: I am talking about in game effect and trailers release by the studio that made the game. In the game, things hit by his repulse close range turned to ash. If it's just an effect for the game, ok. I didn't know. I was told that the game was apart of the canon. If I was given bad info, I accept that.

I'm one of the highest ranking martial artist in my school and an Junior instructor. Yet, I don't respond to people like that if they ask me a question. I'd also never say something as crazy to one of them like "You don't really want an answer to that question" if they asked me one. What he knows and how he decides to respond to my questions are not related. The info was fine, the delivery left something to be desired in more ways than one.

1. Simmer down, bud. I'm telling you that that is how it sounded. Perhaps that wasn't your intent, but it seemed that way. It seemed as if you knew he beat Shaak Ti, and asked a rhetorical question. I wasn't trying to be hostile, but it seems that's how you want to play this.

2. Hardly bogus; I gave you the truth. Sorry you don't like it.

3. Gameplay is largely considered non-canon. Canon would include:

Novel

Comics

In-game cinematics

Source books

4. You're reeeally hung up on that "rhetorical question" comment, aren't you? Sorry, you did. You asked the question and followed it up with a comment that he was trained by Vader. Yes, it came across as a rhetorical question.

#37 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: LOL, I was kidding. Yeah, TFU should have never existed. George Lucas has a horrible sense of canon. Next thing you know, he makes a Jedi that destroys planets, fleets and moons left and right (effortlessly, too) and next thing you know, it's canon.

I'd be okay with that if it were Luke or Palpatine doing that stuff... I have a difficult time accepting it otherwise. I liked powerful characters back when it wasn't a gimmick.

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yup.

@Genxsis: The questions you've asked were already answered.

What was Mace's flawed philosophy?

it stems from Mace's flawed philosphy that there is a darkness within everybody.

And why was it so ineffective?

Thus, in order to fight that darkness, Mace utilized it, not repelled it.

#39 Posted by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Besides bringing a Star destroyer down with only the force.

That and he constantly throws tie-fighters around like ragdolls, not somthing your average Jedi does.

He also beat Darth Vader(twice), and Shaak ti (a Jedi master) I'd say he's an accomplished acolyte, his Proxy droid is one of a kind and actually a good dueler, not that low a feat to be challenged by a surprise attack.

He may not be the best, but your underselling him by calling him weak.

Whether he has what it takes to take SS isn't the same story though.

I'd give him 6/10 it's a pretty close fight in my opinion with him only slightly better, of course this is only cause Skulls CIS, if he used half his true power he'd stomp with ease.

He also beat Rham Kota if that's worth anything.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:

Didn't bring it down. The Star Destroyer was coming down anyway; he directed it slightly.

The TIE fighter things fall under gameplay. I do not recall him doing this in any of the cinematics, comic, or books. I might be forgetting.

He beat Vader once, unless you're referring to the clone - they are two different people.

As I said, Shaak Ti isn't that impressive a duelist, and she was beating him quite easily for the entire portion of their lightsaber duel. PROXY doesn't have any feats other than duplicating other duelists. If it's any indication as to the comparison of PROXY to the guys he duplicates: Vader defeated PROXY as Obi-Wan in about two seconds.

Kota has no actual feats.

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

That and he constantly throws tie-fighters around like ragdolls, not somthing your average Jedi does.

He also beat Darth Vader(twice), and Shaak ti (a Jedi master) I'd say he's an accomplished acolyte, his Proxy droid is one of a kind and actually a good dueler, not that low a feat to be challenged by a surprise attack.

I'd give him 6/10 it's a pretty close fight in my opinion with him only slightly better, of course this is only cause Skulls CIS, if he used half his true power he'd stomp with ease.

I suggest you read the novel..... because these things have been explained countless times.

1. He never pulled the Star Destroyer down, just guided its path towards the Junk Cannon.

2. No, he doesn't.

3. He defeated a disinterested Vader while drawing from the Emperor? He was being owned by Vader in lightsaber dulling. Shaak Ti was crushing him in the duelling department of their duel, Marek required both his Force powers and the Sarlacc (environmental advantage) to win.

4. He never called Marek weak. It's just that Marek's duelling skills are appalling.

Beating Rahm Kota, who is otherwise featless (or at least has no impressive feats), is absolutely worthless. Not to mention he did that via Force power and his duelling in that battle was only mediocre at best. Kota himself attested to Marek fighting like a padawan.

#42 Posted by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@acer51:

Didn't bring it down. The Star Destroyer was coming down anyway; he directed it slightly.

The TIE fighter things fall under gameplay. I do not recall him doing this in any of the cinematics, comic, or books. I might be forgetting.

He beat Vader once, unless you're referring to the clone - they are two different people.

As I said, Shaak Ti isn't that impressive a duelist, and she was beating him quite easily for the entire portion of their lightsaber duel. PROXY doesn't have any feats other than duplicating other duelists. If it's any indication as to the comparison of PROXY to the guys he duplicates: Vader defeated PROXY as Obi-Wan in about two seconds.

Kota has no actual feats.

What are you trying to prove?

If you beat a Jedi master AND a Sith Lord your not a weak force user you can't BS your way around that, you can argue for Superskrull still wins easily but Starkiller is not a weak force user by ANY means.

Even a normal knight is not a weak force user, so somone who can keep up with Masters and win are HIGHLY skilled.

#43 Edited by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:

I don't have a thing to prove; simply reporting the facts.

None of what you said refuted my point, however.

#44 Posted by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@acer51 said:

I suggest you read the novel..... because these things have been explained countless times.

1. He never pulled the Star Destroyer down, just guided its path towards the Junk Cannon.

2. No, he doesn't.

3. He defeated a disinterested Vader while drawing from the Emperor? He was being owned by Vader in lightsaber dulling. Shaak Ti was crushing him in the duelling department of their duel, Marek required both his Force powers and the Sarlacc (environmental advantage) to win.

4. He never called Marek weak. It's just that Marek's duelling skills are appalling.

Beating Rahm Kota, who is otherwise featless (or at least has no impressive feats), is absolutely worthless. Not to mention he did that via Force power and his duelling in that battle was only mediocre at best. Kota himself attested to Marek fighting like a padawan.

Oh, it's number 4, he didn't mean to call Marek weak? nevermind then.

I know he's not a great dueler he's more force, when he duals he slashes alot.

#45 Posted by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@acer51:

I asked you what you were trying to prove.

What is your point.

I was making sure you knew Malek was not weak, he's not.

Malek is a skilled sith Acolyte

#46 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@JediXMan said:

@acer51:

What is your point.

He is a terrible duelist. He is a mediocre Jedi/Sith at best; he isn't that good compared to many others in the Star Wars universe.

#47 Posted by Genxsis (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Genxsis said:

@JediXMan said:

1. Simmer down, bud. I'm telling you that that is how it sounded. Perhaps that wasn't your intent, but it seemed that way. It seemed as if you knew he beat Shaak Ti, and asked a rhetorical question. I wasn't trying to be hostile, but it seems that's how you want to play this.

2. Hardly bogus; I gave you the truth. Sorry you don't like it.

3. Gameplay is largely considered non-canon. Canon would include:

Novel

Comics

In-game cinematics

Source books

4. You're reeeally hung up on that "rhetorical question" comment, aren't you? Sorry, you did. You asked the question and followed it up with a comment that he was trained by Vader. Yes, it came across as a rhetorical question.

1) Simmer down? I didn't know I was warm and needed to. Also, I do not recall saying you were hostile. I only say you were arrogant because you decided to tell me that I did not want an answer to my question.

@ShootingNova: Did he not defeat Jedi Master shaak ti? Also, wasn't he training in the art by Vader. I don't understand why he is overrated.Just so I understand better, what constitutes being at least an average dualist? What feats should one have to at least be good?

First it wasn't a question I asked you. Second, I state at the end, "So I understand better" It just don't make sense what you are saying based of my actually question.

2)What makes you think I don't like it. I have said repeatedly, if he is a joke he is. I just didn't know and wanted to know why.

3)This is something I didn't know. If that is the cause, I understand a bit more of your opinion. It's just say that the game is wildly misleading.

4)I'm hung up? What? Again, I said you where arrogant for telling me what I feel/think/want. An example is also telling me I think you were hostile. That I am hung up. That I should simmer down. It is beyond me what make you feel like you know these things. I have been civil this entire time. I even said, your information was useful. The delivery left something to be desired. Based of that, you seem to think I'm hostile, or want to play it that way.

So with that, you have given me good info, I can learn more from there. For that, Thank you. There is no reason for me to talk with you any further because I am seen as hostile or the like.

@ShootingNova: LOL. Not want I meant. I phrased it poorly. No matter. Thanks anyway. I know more now.

#48 Edited by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@acer51 said:

@JediXMan said:

@acer51:

What is your point.

He is a terrible duelist. He is a mediocre Jedi/Sith at best; he isn't that good compared to many others in the Star Wars universe.

He beat a Jedi master that makes him tough.

If what you mean by "many" is the few elite who you see in most movies and comics then yea, he's weaker then most of the "best" Jedi and sith, but he can hold out against them and beat some of them, he's not weak unless you compare him to the best in the Starwars galaxy.

And even then, he doesn't look so bad, and if you include number 2 he has a chance of beating Luke post-movies (I know it's not canon).

#49 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

He beat a Jedi master that makes him tough.

As I said, she was still a better duelist than him even in the end. Also, just beating a Jedi Master means very little. He could beat the crap out of Ikrit and it wouldn't mean a thing. "Jedi Master" is just a title; beating one isn't a feat in and of itself.

#50 Posted by acer51 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Dude...all I'm saying is he's not weak, you don't have pour it on with your anger torwards the fact the books cannon and the video games not.

I know he had trouble beating Shak-ti.

But he fought Jedi good jedi and won.

If he was weak he would have died in two or three slices.

It's pretty simple, he's not weak, not saying he's "elite as yoda" but I'm saying he's a good Sith apprentice, if you hate him and all of his non-canon video game because you think there crap fine, I don't think he's "weak"

What's your definition of weak? because if Starkillers weak I wonder what you think of yourself.

Maybe your an awsome kung-fu warrior, I'm not one to judge.

I don't know what you meant by "weak" but this fictional, semi-canon character called Starkiller isn't weak, (not physically or through the force anyway).