Starkiller vs Kratos

• 139 results
BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like Kratos, but he's no match for Starkiller. All Starkiller would do is use the force and then kill Kratos by choking him.

And before anyone says "Hurr hurr hurr. If you kill Kratos he'll just keep coming back"

All those times Kratos escaped the Underworld. He had help. Without that help he would've been trapped down there.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By LostMind

Couldn't Galen just pop Kratos' head?

No

I like Kratos, but he's no match for Starkiller. All Starkiller would do is use the force and then kill Kratos by choking him.

And before anyone says "Hurr hurr hurr. If you kill Kratos he'll just keep coming back"

All those times Kratos escaped the Underworld. He had help. Without that help he would've been trapped down there.

In GoW Ascension you gain the Oath Stone of Orkos, which allows you to leave a doppelganger in your place, so a force choke won't work.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind:

How would that help prevent a force choke and that doppleganger that you leave in the game is Orko's. Not a Kratos doppleganger. And all the doppleganger does is just holds onto stuff to areas you can access.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Darthtravis

said:

@Illuminatus

said:

@Darthtravis said:
Force choke? Really?! Starkiller brought down a freaking Star Destroyer! I am sure he could at least give Kratos a fight; if not win out right. He doesn't need force choke.
Kratos is not a Star Destroyer. He single handedly destroyed the entire pantheon on Greek gods, heroes, demi-gods, and mythical creatures. I'm not sure what you're getting at...
Well, if a simple force choke would conceivably stop Kratos, then the ability to use the force to tear apart gravity and bring down an orbiting Star Destroyer should signal to most analysts that Kratos doesn't stand a chance. But then again, we are using the premise that the force choke could stop Kratos.

Starkiller would need to have reaction time, greater than the Boots of Hermes' max speed, which is still unknown. If Kratos is as bloodthirsty as the OP states, then he will push them as hard as they need to go in order to make quick work of Starkiller before he can even attempt to initiate a Force Choke. And even then, Kratos was once a god, and has the blood of a Titan flowing through him. I doubt even an extreme Force Choke would hold him, even without him throwing his weapon at Starkiller. Remember, Kratos is a Spartan, and he believes that if he's going to go out, he's going to do with with a

big, bloody bang.

I doubt Starkiller would know what to do: Release Kratos and dodge, or hold him and take a giant weapon connected to a chain to the face.

I think Kratos wins,but I'm sure Starkiller has the reaction time to keep up with him,I mean this guy can blocks laser fire from Storm troopers on a regular basis and throws and catches his weapon much like Kratos does.Plus although Kratos is a Spartan,Starkiller was raised as a Sith,meaning neither him or clones of him are going to think twice about killing someone trying to kill them(and I doubt he's going try to force choke,he's smarter than that,when he has an Crap load of other powers)

I think it comes down to strength and durability in the end which is why I think Kratos wins here .

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star killer wins by TKing Kratos (he can pick up walkers whith ease and Kratos is a hell of a lot lighter than a walker) while he's TK's Kratos in place he chucks his light saber at Kratos Guiding it with the force until it cuts Kratos's head off

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LostMind

@lostmind:

How would that help prevent a force choke and that doppleganger that you leave in the game is Orko's. Not a Kratos doppleganger. And all the doppleganger does is just holds onto stuff to areas you can access.

@lostmind: And why not?

Ok, you guys haven't played Ascension yet, apparently, but in the game it leaves a shadow doppelganger in your place, which he has used to escape from ensnarement on a few occasions, also think about what your saying simply force choke Kratos, if you think you can simply force choke Kratos the you obviously have no played the GoW series, cause your basically comparing Kratos to a bunch of storm troopers, also you haven't even bothered to read what i put for some of his physical ability which includes (from what i've already stated) falling from the top of Mount Olympus to the river styx in the underworld. Keep in mind water becomes unsurvivable after a certain height and Kratos just got up with no problems. Another thing you probably didn't think of was Kratos has an assortment of weapons to deal with Starkiller if he gets put into a force, Claws of Hades can summon the spirits of the undead, kinda hard to focus when a cyclops is trying to kill you ( a cyclops being 3x to 4x bigger than Kratos), the Bow of Apollo able to shoot arrows in rapid succession or charge up for more power, or there is simply the Blade of Olympus which can unleash long range blast of great power or upon releasing its full power it has the capability of unleashing a blast far more powerful then any nuke, how powerful is it, it wiped out all the titans in one blast, the titans being entities larger than mountains.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind: I still don't see what that has to do with getting his head popped like a melon.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind:

Those so called Titans are weak and pansy's when compared to other version's and you can't escape the force once your caught in it. All Starkiller needs to do is use the force and kill Kratos. It's really not a fair fight. Even though I like Kratos more.

I have played the games and I'm a fan of God of War, but you're really overrating Kratos.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind: I still don't see what that has to do with getting his head popped like a melon.

ok let me explain, falling from 220 ft into water becomes like hitting concrete, mount Olympus in the real world is 9570 ft over 6.5x bigger then the empire state building, but that's only to the ground Kratos fell much further then that as he fell through to the Underworld, keep in mind Kratos dove head first and I'm not even going to bother with the whole internal organs thing being fine thing. Star killer has not shown any feats of being able to exert enough force to crush Kratos, the biggest thing we see star killer crush is a walker.

@lostmind:

Those so called Titans are weak and pansy's when compared to other version's and you can't escape the force once your caught in it. All Starkiller needs to do is use the force and kill Kratos. It's really not a fair fight. Even though I like Kratos more.

I have played the games and I'm a fan of God of War, but you're really overrating Kratos.

1st off i have all GoW games and both force unleashed games, nothing in force unleashed says Starkiller wins in fact it's the opposite. The biggest feat we see SK pull off is pulling down a a star destroyer, with the force and that's it, Kratos stopped Cronos, a being that is roughly the size of the star destroyer, from crushing him with sheer strength.

2nd the force is much like magic, by that I mean they are both mystical and ancient powers capable of being used in a variety of ways. That said Kratos has dealt with magic users over and over again, nothing SK has is really something that Kratos has already seen such as Force lightning, Zeus is a master of lightning able to use it in far more ways than SK is possible of or the Jedi Mind Trick, Mind Controlling Magic has been employed by Persephone, Ares, and the Furies.

3rd of course these Titans are weak when you compare them too Marvel or DC Titans, both focus on presenting feats that show how powerful a character is while showing off for numbers of characters, while you have GoW that focuses on its main character Kratos which means they're not going to focus on how powerful some other character is when they're putting it towards Kratos.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Auction_Sniper
@lostmind said:

@auction_sniper said:

ok let me explain, falling from 220 ft into water becomes like hitting concrete, mount Olympus in the real world is 9570 ft over 6.5x bigger then the empire state building, but that's only to the ground Kratos fell much further then that as he fell through to the Underworld, keep in mind Kratos dove head first and I'm not even going to bother with the whole internal organs thing being fine thing. Star killer has not shown any feats of being able to exert enough force to crush Kratos, the biggest thing we see star killer crush is a walker.

@batmanfan11 said:

@lostmind:

1st off i have all GoW games and both force unleashed games, nothing in force unleashed says Starkiller wins in fact it's the opposite. The biggest feat we see SK pull off is pulling down a a star destroyer, with the force and that's it, Kratos stopped Cronos, a being that is roughly the size of the star destroyer, from crushing him with sheer strength.

2nd the force is much like magic, by that I mean they are both mystical and ancient powers capable of being used in a variety of ways. That said Kratos has dealt with magic users over and over again, nothing SK has is really something that Kratos has already seen such as Force lightning, Zeus is a master of lightning able to use it in far more ways than SK is possible of or the Jedi Mind Trick, Mind Controlling Magic has been employed by Persephone, Ares, and the Furies.

3rd of course these Titans are weak when you compare them too Marvel or DC Titans, both focus on presenting feats that show how powerful a character is while showing off for numbers of characters, while you have GoW that focuses on its main character Kratos which means they're not going to focus on how powerful some other character is when they're putting it towards Kratos.

Wasn't he saved by the gods though? Thing is, Starkiller has better TK feats than Zeus and Ares, iirc. Unless Kratos has some sort of TK resistance that I'm not aware of. And I'm assuming we can use his book feats as well (I mostly forgot about the VG version). And speaking of which, I wonder if the Marek's lightsaber is powerful enough to cut through the Golden Fleece.

On a side note, I thought his name was Galen Malek, lol.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LostMind

@lostmind said:

@auction_sniper said:

@batmanfan11 said:

@lostmind:

Wasn't he saved by the gods though? Thing is, Starkiller has better TK feats than Zeus and Ares, iirc. Unless Kratos has some sort of TK resistance that I'm not aware of. And I'm assuming we can use his book feats as well (I mostly forgot about the VG version). And speaking of which, I wonder if the Marek's lightsaber is powerful enough to cut through the Golden Fleece.

No Kratos was fighting the gods, why would they help him? Kratos does but it's not high, but he does have TK resistance we mostly see this in Ascension. Who book feats Star Killer i guess, i don't know, OP didn't state so i guess its ok although don't know crap about his book feats. As for the cutting the golden fleece it's imbued with powerful magic so i don't really see that happening.

idk about SK name didn't care to listen for his name in the VG.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BatmanFan11

@lostmind:

Again every God, Titan, and the Furie's Kratos fought are weak version's who'd get laughed at by their DC and Marvel Counterpart's, even Marvel's Zeus would solo the entire GoW Universe. Cronos from GoW isn't that impressive seeing how weak he is compared to other version's. I think the feat Starkiller does is more impressive. Also dude for example to show how weak the GoW God's are. If Hades really wanted to in his fight with Kratos. He would've just erase him from existence.

I still think Starkiller would win. Dude admit it you're overrating Kratos.

lixvari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh come on now I love Kratos as much as the next guy, but the Gods in the games are relatively weak, and I'm sure their Mind Manipulation is nowhere near as strong as The Force which some of the most powerful Jedi can Mind Manipulate whole cities. Galen (even though I hate its canon) Is one of those people. His force potential is more than enough to complete that type of feat, and will people please stop saying he pulled the Destroyer out of the sky? All he did was redirect it basically. It was already drifting towards him, and that act almost killed him. However this is talking about mind manipulation which I personally don't think that Kratos can handle.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BatmanFan11

@lixvari:

That's what I've been saying, but lostmind still thinks Kratos can beat Starkiller none the less despite everything I told him.

To show how weak the GoW God's were. For example if Hades really wanted to in his fight with Kratos. He would've just erase Kratos from existence.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illuminatus:

Yeah weak version's who'd get laughed at by their DC and Marvel counterpart's. Pit Kratos against those version's and he'd be annihiliated.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Cooldes

I wish people would STOP comparing GoW gods to Marvel/DC gods when comic gods have NOTHING to do with the debate-_-

Kratos stomps btw

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes:

Just pointing out that the God's Kratos beat were weak and so Kratos isn't as impressive as everythings.

Also yeah no. Starkiller would instantly use the force and kill Kratos. Battle over.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batmanfan11: the gods are not weak... where are you getting this? the big three were at least planetary level and you're calling them weak? Atlas held up the sky. And the sky was being defined as the universe, kronos held a mountain on his back for ages. Hades can solo starkiller himself and you're saying the guy who massacred him gets stomped... right...

People downplay GoW gods so much JUST because they are either misinformed or because they CONSTANTLY compare th GoW gods to the comic gods for NO reason esp when the comic gods have NOTHING to do with the battle at hand.

Saying kratis is weak because he killed weaker gods than the comic gods is such a baseless argument. That's like:

me vs you

My feats are killing Marvel odin

but wait, marvel Odin is < Galactus!! Hurr durr!

your feats are killing a dog. Regular dog.

but ohh noo! i killed a weaker being soo my feat makes me weak too!! Duurr!!

you stomp!!

^pure stupidity.

Please just stop comparing GoW gods to other being that aren't even involved in the fight WHATSOEVER. try to actually use the GAMES and what the gods actually did in the GAMES to place kratos. Just in death, the Big 3 caused planetary destruction in their respective elements(posideon's death flooded the entire earth etc).

now with that, kratos stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Starkiller is one of the most powerful force users, but not the most powerful. But because he is one of them, I think he could easily stop Kratos. Kratos doesn't have telekinetic abilities, which gives Starkiller his edge. Sure, Kratos is strong, agile, and has a wide assortment of weapons, but starkiller could rip him apart using the force. Starkiller wins

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BatmanFan11

@cooldes:

Still when compared to other version's like the DC and Marvel Greek God's. They're weak just saying.

Also if during the fight with Hades. If Hades really wanted to win. He would've just erased Kratos out of existence and Marvel's Zeus alone could easily solo the entire GoW universe.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind said:

@auction_sniper said:
@lostmind said:

@auction_sniper said:

@batmanfan11 said:

@lostmind:

No Kratos was fighting the gods, why would they help him? Kratos does but it's not high, but he does have TK resistance we mostly see this in Ascension. Who book feats Star Killer i guess, i don't know, OP didn't state so i guess its ok although don't know crap about his book feats. As for the cutting the golden fleece it's imbued with powerful magic so i don't really see that happening.

idk about SK name didn't care to listen for his name in the VG.

Kratos wasn't fighting the gods in the original God of War. And do you could you show me a video or something?

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ironshinobi88

If Kratos gets access to his Magic and Blade of Olympus then this Battle is a massive stomp.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironshinobi88:

The Force>Magic. Besides the Magic in God of War is pretty weak.

LostMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LostMind

@batmanfan11: I love the fact that you honestly think that you presented any real information to the argument. While i was presenting weapons, items, and stats with feats and such, while you present something and then don't even bother to talk about it, lixvari actually presented some real information the whole city wide mind trick, yea that would be something you would want to talk about if your going to convince somebody about how powerful an ability or something is. Also why do you think the force is more powerful then magic, if we compared the magic users of marvel and dc to the force users in the Star Wars universe Marvel and DC would stomp, but that's going into something else completely so i won't touch on that to much. Lastly why do you respond to every person who voices an opinion nobody cares just let them post and move on. Plus i i'm starting to think you just don't like GoW cause, in Force Unleashed the biggest thing Star Killer fought was a Gorog and Kratos has fought beings much bigger and more powerful then that. But to reiterate i only know about VG events not book events if somebody would like to share some info like his speed, strength, and force feats, that would actually help Star Killers argument.

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kotetsu454

Can I just go ahead and bring up that boots of Hermes are not as useful as everyone says they are for Kratos? Think about this, what does he ever use them for? Charging forwards like a raging bull, and then to stop he needs to exert an effort to do so, kinda like a cartoon efect when you see someone running fast and then hear their boots screeching against the ground to have to stop. No evidence is shown to increase his reflexes, striking speed, or anything like that. So suffice to say they really arn't going to be that useful unless Starkiller is standing still and not using his pre-cog ability.

It will be a good fight, but Kratos is just gonna have a hard time hitting Starkiller. Gonna go off the presumption here that he can block the arrow just the same as he blocks laser blasts. With the midrange game that his chained weapons provide I kinda think it will just be able to deflect them out of the air, even if he doesn't cut them that's still gonna throw him off.

Now granted for close range this is where it gets tricky for both. If Starkiller were to just charge forward I do see him possibly getting caught off guard by theat spell from GoW3 where Kratos summons the souls of fallen spartans to form a phalanx and thrust out their spears. But what I see as a more likely response once he is ready move into close range is a simple force push to knock Kratos off guard. Starkiller then moves in for a debilitating, if not killing blow from his one of his lightsabers.

Now if we break down and say nierther the spartan summoning or force comes into play immidiatley, and it goes to sword of Olympus vs Dual lightsaber fight. Well streagth of each weapon aside I have to give it to the one who I bielieve has better swordsmanship as a whole, Starkiller. Think about how much time really takes place inbetween GoW 2 and 3 where he gets the blade.

Kratos gets the blade for one fight against colossus, then Zeus takes it from him. After that he fights his way through the entire game to get it back at the end and continuing into GoW3. From the end of GoW2 and beginning of GoW3 there is literally no time skip. So Kratos experience with a large two handed weapon as the blade of Olympus, if considering the time span of GoW3 as a whole, is lets say 72 hours at best.He is a brawler who is improvising his skill with this weapon at best, as opposed to starkiller who has so much focus and training with his light sabers. You could argue that Kratos would just use his short blades close range instead, but I think the result would be the same here.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostmind:

I do like God of War and I am a fan, but I just want people to stop overrating Kratos that's all. Yes the enemies Kratos fought were powerful but when compared to other powerful Character's. They're not impressive.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kratos comes out as a winner but has lots of deep cuts from the saber and might die of bleeding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gingerpenny: I've played all the games for Kratos..as for star killer Jedi have the force which is so ridiculously misunderstood..star killer throws him into sun or slashes him with lightsaber. Or force choke.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller with little effort.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@leonkarlen123: Kratos has no answer for Op telekinesis.

He could probably break free.. Kratos did match Titans strength. And i don't see Starkiller dodging a blast from BoO

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By leonkarlen123

@leo-343 said:

@leonkarlen123: He didn't match their strength, he pushed off their force which wasn't concentrated in one area.

And even if he did how does that translatebto breaking free of TK??

Kratos never used the Blade of Olympus like Zeus did. No far reaching blasts are coming from him.

He held himself from being crushed by full force of Cronos arm.

Kratos could use the BoO to create godblasts.. That ability one shots most enemies.

You need to restrain someones muscle strength to tk them.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By leonkarlen123

@leo-343 said:

@leonkarlen123: That type of feat was what I was referencing, Kratos resisted the force from that particular area in Kronos' hand, I'm not low balong but have you ever tried to crush a walnut with your palm?

Not the same, Kratos has never specifically resisted TK.

Actually many on this site described that you have to restrain someone's muscles to disable them with TK.

@dccomicsrule2011: Is one for example

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The God OF War takes it

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@leonkarlen123: Ok, so Star Killer might not be able to restrain him but what's stopping him from simply quickly ragdoll img him in short bursts or sending force waves constantly or force repulsing him to death, I believe Kratos has the durability not to be turned into ash though.

Star Killer has faster combat speed as well imo so he slices his limb off with his lightsabre.

Yeah Starkiller's powers would be useless considering Kratos tanked Zeus lightning.

Starkiller is faster but otherwise Kratos is superior.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@leonkarlen123: Zeus' lightning not restricted by gameplay mechanic or PIS, one shotted Gaeia, I don't remember Kratos actually tanking his lightning though, I rmember it getting reflected by the fleece.

Since Star Killer is faster he dismembers Kratos.

People slower than Flash has beaten Flash before... Same thing goes here

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: When has Starkiller shown to be faster than Kratos? Last I remember, he can only dash in short bursts, and that accounts for traveling speed, not combat speed.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: And? The stormtroopers starkiller kills are moving at regular human speed compared to him. And they don't even seem slowed down.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Vader can't even run anymore. So I don't get how blitzing someone who can't even run, counts as super fast. Heck, the way he slashes around isn't even that fast compared to Starkiller.

By your gameplay mechanics bs, Kratos was only getting slapped around, because of gameplay. The entirety of the fight is even gameplay. Really, there's even QTE where you can react to Hermes. And we all know QTEs are a far higher form of gameplay mechanics.