#1 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

#2 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Stargate should win with relative ease.

#3 Edited by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

#4 Posted by Pwok21 (2254 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was what they intended the Destiny to end up as with full control (instead of getting the show cancelled) then Stargate would take this.

Based on current situations though Star Trek wins.

#5 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

Destiny is an ancient Ship which has amazing weaponry, but unfortunately it has never been used due to the show being cancelled. But atlantis controlled by 3 full ZPMS could pose a problem for the enterprise.

#6 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

Destiny is an ancient Ship which has amazing weaponry, but unfortunately it has never been used due to the show being cancelled. But atlantis controlled by 3 full ZPMS could pose a problem for the enterprise.

But I I thought that this is not just Enterprise, that Starfleet can call all ships? If you think about whole Starfleet then SG team is simply desperate outnumbered:

#7 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

Destiny is an ancient Ship which has amazing weaponry, but unfortunately it has never been used due to the show being cancelled. But atlantis controlled by 3 full ZPMS could pose a problem for the enterprise.

But I I thought that this is not just Enterprise, that Starfleet can call all ships? If you think about whole Starfleet then SG team is simply desperate outnumbered:

According to the OP it's the entire Federation....that means Klingon Ships, Vulcan Ships, Romulans, etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

Destiny is an ancient Ship which has amazing weaponry, but unfortunately it has never been used due to the show being cancelled. But atlantis controlled by 3 full ZPMS could pose a problem for the enterprise.

But I I thought that this is not just Enterprise, that Starfleet can call all ships? If you think about whole Starfleet then SG team is simply desperate outnumbered:

According to the OP it's the entire Federation....that means Klingon Ships, Vulcan Ships, Romulans, etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

i Meant the entire Ships Made by humans, so that does not include any outside race. If that was the case, i could have easily added replicators and wraith to finish the job.

#9 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

@Picard said:

@hudyman said:

Stargate has atlantis, all the daedalus class ships, and also destiny. SG1,SGA and The SGU are in this battle.

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

I'm not familiar with SGU so what Destiny can do? Based on SG 1 and Atlantis I would say Star Trek stomps.

Destiny is an ancient Ship which has amazing weaponry, but unfortunately it has never been used due to the show being cancelled. But atlantis controlled by 3 full ZPMS could pose a problem for the enterprise.

But I I thought that this is not just Enterprise, that Starfleet can call all ships? If you think about whole Starfleet then SG team is simply desperate outnumbered:

Well in terms of numbers, i would definitely give it to Starfleet. But Destiny could at least take out maybe 300-400 and atlantis with 3 ZPMs could take out more.

#10 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

#12 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The Atlantis shield is not indestructible, It is powerful and strong But something that strong Takes a massive amount of fire. The whole starfleet can shoot at atlantis for maybe a week without any effect. But once that week is over, Atlantis is Screwed.

Atlantis and destiny at their full power can also do that, infact they can move through Hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes. But as i said it causes a massive power drain.

#14 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The Atlantis shield is not indestructible, It is powerful and strong But something that strong Takes a massive amount of fire. The whole starfleet can shoot at atlantis for maybe a week without any effect. But once that week is over, Atlantis is Screwed.

Atlantis and destiny at their full power can also do that, infact they can move through Hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes. But as i said it causes a massive power drain.

This looks like spite to me, if it would take an entire fleet of starships firing constantly against 2 ships for a week or more with little to no effect on them, I just don't see how the starfleet has any sort of chance here....I watched the show up through SG1, and at that point the SG1 fleet had zero chance against the federation. However, if this ship has weaponry to match it's shields, it sounds like it should be able to solo the entire star ship. Also if it can travel hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes that means it can cross about 6,000,000+ lightyears a minute at full speed....

This is sounding like spite.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#15 Edited by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

i Meant the entire Ships Made by humans, so that does not include any outside race. If that was the case, i could have easily added replicators and wraith to finish the job.

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. UFP consist of many races not just humans, in fact there are 150 planets in Federation. Starfleet is multicultural, and believe me when I said that Starfleet outnumber SG team by a very wide margin. And you talked about only human forces from SG, now you are talking about Replicators etc.?

@hudyman said:

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

This is simply not true. Atlantis shileds are not indestructible, in fact the only way to save Atlantis from attack of single Replicators probe was to evacuate city to another planet, and dr Weir was seriously ingured in the proces. I can't say if Atlantis shields are more or less advanced that Federations shields - is very debatable topic - but what I can say is that even Ancients tech was not enough to stop Wraith because there was simply to many of them, Ancients were forced to abandoned Atlantis because they simply lost the war with enemy that outnumbered them by a large margin. Same here , Starfleet have just to many ships. Warp is slower that hyperspace, but this have no bearing on who would win this fight.

drweir

@Floopay said:

According to the OP it's the entire Federation....that means Klingon Ships, Vulcan Ships, Romulans, etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Klingons are not members of UFP, they only have treaty with Federation and Romulans are actally hostile towards Federation.

#16 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The Atlantis shield is not indestructible, It is powerful and strong But something that strong Takes a massive amount of fire. The whole starfleet can shoot at atlantis for maybe a week without any effect. But once that week is over, Atlantis is Screwed.

Atlantis and destiny at their full power can also do that, infact they can move through Hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes. But as i said it causes a massive power drain.

This looks like spite to me, if it would take an entire fleet of starships firing constantly against 2 ships for a week or more with little to no effect on them, I just don't see how the starfleet has any sort of chance here....I watched the show up through SG1, and at that point the SG1 fleet had zero chance against the federation. However, if this ship has weaponry to match it's shields, it sounds like it should be able to solo the entire star ship. Also if it can travel hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes that means it can cross about 6,000,000+ lightyears a minute at full speed....

This is sounding like spite.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode, the only reason why it takes about a week for any effect to show up if because it was the wraith that was attacking them. If it was the Federation of star fleet attacking atlantis It would probably take a couple of days. Atlantis can travel through hundreds of galaxies in under a minute but it is very very very risky, they go so fast that if they accidently stop at any random place or any wrong coordinates The whole of atlantis will be vaporised on instant. Atlantis has a lot of power, but the chances it takes to use it are very thin.

#17 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The Atlantis shield is not indestructible, It is powerful and strong But something that strong Takes a massive amount of fire. The whole starfleet can shoot at atlantis for maybe a week without any effect. But once that week is over, Atlantis is Screwed.

Atlantis and destiny at their full power can also do that, infact they can move through Hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes. But as i said it causes a massive power drain.

This looks like spite to me, if it would take an entire fleet of starships firing constantly against 2 ships for a week or more with little to no effect on them, I just don't see how the starfleet has any sort of chance here....I watched the show up through SG1, and at that point the SG1 fleet had zero chance against the federation. However, if this ship has weaponry to match it's shields, it sounds like it should be able to solo the entire star ship. Also if it can travel hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes that means it can cross about 6,000,000+ lightyears a minute at full speed....

This is sounding like spite.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode, the only reason why it takes about a week for any effect to show up if because it was the wraith that was attacking them. If it was the Federation of star fleet attacking atlantis It would probably take a couple of days. Atlantis can travel through hundreds of galaxies in under a minute but it is very very very risky, they go so fast that if they accidently stop at any random place or any wrong coordinates The whole of atlantis will be vaporised on instant. Atlantis has a lot of power, but the chances it takes to use it are very thin.

I'm confused now, because I'm inclined to go with my original statement if it has no way to take the offensive if it's being attacked, and that it's only real defense is going to be to run away...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

This is simply not true. Atlantis shileds are not indestructible, in fact the only way to save Atlantis from attack of single Replicators probe was to evacuate city to another planet, and dr Weir was seriously ingured in the proces. I can't say if Atlantis shields are more or less advanced that Federations shields - is very debatable topic - but what I can say is that even Ancients tech was not enough to stop Wraith because there was simply to many of them, Ancients were forced to abandoned Atlantis because they simply lost the war with enemy that outnumbered them by a large margin. Same here , Starfleet have just to many ships. Warp is slower that hyperspace, but this have no bearing on who would win this fight.

drweir

@Floopay said:

According to the OP it's the entire Federation....that means Klingon Ships, Vulcan Ships, Romulans, etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Klingons are not members of UFP, they only have treaty with Federation and Romulans are actally hostile todard Federation.

@Picard said:

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. UFP consist of many races not just humans, in fact there are 150 planets in Federation. Starfleet is multicultural, and believe me when I said that Starfleet outnumber SG team by a very wide margin. And you talked about only human forces from SG, now you are talking about Replicators etc.?

Oh Well let me remind you that earth is The Fifth race in stargate. That is kind of like the federation. It includes The Nox,The ancients,The asgard,The Tollan and Earth. I could add them if you think that is the way this battle should go.

Picard said:

This is simply not true. Atlantis shileds are not indestructible, in fact the only way to save Atlantis from attack of single Replicators probe was to evacuate city to another planet, and dr Weir was seriously ingured in the proces. I can't say if Atlantis shields are more or less advanced that Federations shields - is very debatable topic - but what I can say is that even Ancients tech was not enough to stop Wraith because there was simply to many of them, Ancients were forced to abandoned Atlantis because they simply lost the war with enemy that outnumbered them by a large margin. Same here , Starfleet have just to many ships. Warp is slower that hyperspace, but this have no bearing on who would win this fight.

The shields are definitely indestructible until the power of the ZPMs runs out, When the replicators attacked, Atlantis didnt even have 3 full ZPMs. Ancient ships are way ahead of federation ships by miles. The reason the ancients lost the war was not just plainly because of the numbers the wraith had, If you watch the episode "The Pegasus project" The ascended ancient said so herself. During the war with the wraith Atlantis had lost destiny, They were having problems with the milky way,They were getting stranded on random planets and galaxies. If a full ancient fleet with The Destiny, i actually think Atlantis could have won the war. Millions of cockroaches are not going to do much damage against a couple of pythons and a tiger.

Watch this video. It shows the daedalus and some Wraith ships going against The Replicator ships. If you watch closely you will see that the daedalus comes out of it without even a scatch.

#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode,

Where do you get this from?

Also,

@hudyman said:

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

Define "everyone" because I can name plenty of beings in Star Trek who can turn off the laws of physics for sh!ts and giggles.

#20 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman said:

@Floopay said:

@hudyman:

Well thanks for clarifying. I still go Federation, they just have so much more. Plus cloaking technology, can project holograms, so it could look like there are multiple ships, and so much more. I think it's going to come down to numbers, the enterprise alone should be able to counter SGU ships, not to mention they should be able to transport crew members off of the SGU ships, which is a huge problem! Star Trek ships also have superior shielding, etc.

I'd put my money on the Star Trek fleet.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Atlantis has a powerful cloaking technology. In fact Atlantis uses its cloaking technology through out the whole season 2-3 . The Atlantis shield in literally impenetrable, almost as strong as a Tardis shield. The Enterprise isnt really a match for a full powered Destiny or Atlantis You cant beam people and objects off SG ships because Carter and mckay installed a jamming technology in case this type of scenario should ever occur . Also how long does it take ST ships to travel through galaxies?

So you basically made this knowing it was a mismatch if they have a ship that is indestructible and cannot be harmed in anyway, nor can the crew be succumbed to danger....

All I know is they can travel several dozen lightyears in minutes at some times. At other times it takes days to cross solar systems. Depends on their warp factor. At one point they travel time by exceeding their warp capacities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The Atlantis shield is not indestructible, It is powerful and strong But something that strong Takes a massive amount of fire. The whole starfleet can shoot at atlantis for maybe a week without any effect. But once that week is over, Atlantis is Screwed.

Atlantis and destiny at their full power can also do that, infact they can move through Hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes. But as i said it causes a massive power drain.

This looks like spite to me, if it would take an entire fleet of starships firing constantly against 2 ships for a week or more with little to no effect on them, I just don't see how the starfleet has any sort of chance here....I watched the show up through SG1, and at that point the SG1 fleet had zero chance against the federation. However, if this ship has weaponry to match it's shields, it sounds like it should be able to solo the entire star ship. Also if it can travel hundreds of galaxies in under 2 minutes that means it can cross about 6,000,000+ lightyears a minute at full speed....

This is sounding like spite.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode, the only reason why it takes about a week for any effect to show up if because it was the wraith that was attacking them. If it was the Federation of star fleet attacking atlantis It would probably take a couple of days. Atlantis can travel through hundreds of galaxies in under a minute but it is very very very risky, they go so fast that if they accidently stop at any random place or any wrong coordinates The whole of atlantis will be vaporised on instant. Atlantis has a lot of power, but the chances it takes to use it are very thin.

I'm confused now, because I'm inclined to go with my original statement if it has no way to take the offensive if it's being attacked, and that it's only real defense is going to be to run away...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

But Remember i said all SG ships That includes The USS Daedalus,USS Odyssey,RFS Korolev,USS Apollo,USS George Hammond,Sun Tzu,The Aurora-class battleship,Atlantis itself,Destiny,The Orion,Puddle jumpers,Destiny shuttles,The Jack O neil,The Daniel Jackson,F-302,X-301,Prometheus,Tel'Tak,Alkesh and the hat'tak. Which may i mention are very Powerful ships.

#21 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode,

Where do you get this from?

Also,

@hudyman said:

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

Define "everyone" because I can name plenty of beings in Star Trek who can turn off the laws of physics for sh!ts and giggles.

No no no, Dont even go there. Read the OP this is a Ship battle and not only is it a ship battle, Only the starfleet can take part.

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode,

Where do you get this from?

Also,

@hudyman said:

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

Define "everyone" because I can name plenty of beings in Star Trek who can turn off the laws of physics for sh!ts and giggles.

No no no, Dont even go there. Read the OP this is a Ship battle and not only is it a ship battle, Only the starfleet can take part.

Then that the hell does does "everyone from every star trek mean"? You mean like different times? Very well but I still want clarification for the first part.

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:


But Remember i said all SG ships That includes The USS Daedalus,USS Odyssey,RFS Korolev,USS Apollo,USS George Hammond,Sun Tzu,The Aurora-class battleship,Atlantis itself,Destiny,The Orion,Puddle jumpers,Destiny shuttles,The Jack O neil,The Daniel Jackson,F-302,X-301,Prometheus,Tel'Tak,Alkesh and the hat'tak. Which may i mention are very Powerful ships.

O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are not human ships.

#24 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:


But Remember i said all SG ships That includes The USS Daedalus,USS Odyssey,RFS Korolev,USS Apollo,USS George Hammond,Sun Tzu,The Aurora-class battleship,Atlantis itself,Destiny,The Orion,Puddle jumpers,Destiny shuttles,The Jack O neil,The Daniel Jackson,F-302,X-301,Prometheus,Tel'Tak,Alkesh and the hat'tak. Which may i mention are very Powerful ships.

O'Neill and Daniel Jackson are not human ships.

Actually It is said that thor created clone ships exactly like them and gave them to the tauri, But unfortunatly it was destroyed.

#25 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:

It is not really a spite. Atlantis cannot attack when it is in its shield mode,

Where do you get this from?

Also,

@hudyman said:

Startrek has all the federation ships. and have everyone from every star trek.

Define "everyone" because I can name plenty of beings in Star Trek who can turn off the laws of physics for sh!ts and giggles.

No no no, Dont even go there. Read the OP this is a Ship battle and not only is it a ship battle, Only the starfleet can take part.

Then that the hell does does "everyone from every star trek mean"? You mean like different times? Very well but I still want clarification for the first part.

I mean all the starfleet ships from Voyager,next generation etc

#26 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

I mean all the starfleet ships from Voyager,next generation etc

Very well. We're still talking thousands, if not tens of thousands of ships. That's huge. The Federation can literally just slam ships into Stargate ships and still have enough to come out on top.

@hudyman said:

Actually It is said that thor created clone ships exactly like them and gave them to the tauri, But unfortunatly it was destroyed.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that never happened.

#27 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@hudyman said:

I mean all the starfleet ships from Voyager,next generation etc

Very well. We're still talking thousands, if not tens of thousands of ships. That's huge. The Federation can literally just slam ships into Stargate ships and still have enough to come out on top.

@hudyman said:

Actually It is said that thor created clone ships exactly like them and gave them to the tauri, But unfortunatly it was destroyed.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Ok i can see this battle will go no where with that fact. So ill ask people to choose 14 of the best federation ships to go against the stargate ships.

#28 Edited by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

Oh Well let me remind you that earth is The Fifth race in stargate. That is kind of like the federation. It includes The Nox,The ancients,The asgard,The Tollan and Earth. I could add them if you think that is the way this battle should go.

The shields are definitely indestructible until the power of the ZPMs runs out, When the replicators attacked, Atlantis didnt even have 3 full ZPMs. Ancient ships are way ahead of federation ships by miles. The reason the ancients lost the war was not just plainly because of the numbers the wraith had, If you watch the episode "The Pegasus project" The ascended ancient said so herself. During the war with the wraith Atlantis had lost destiny, They were having problems with the milky way,They were getting stranded on random planets and galaxies. If a full ancient fleet with The Destiny, i actually think Atlantis could have won the war. Millions of cockroaches are not going to do much damage against a couple of pythons and a tiger.

Watch this video. It shows the daedalus and some Wraith ships going against The Replicator ships. If you watch closely you will see that the daedalus comes out of it without even a scatch.

I know about ZMP, that dosen't change the fact that Atlantis shields are not indestructible, energy will eventually run out and then city will be vulnerable to attack. Remember when Replicators attacked Atlantis? There is no proof that this beam weapon that Replicators used was any more powerful than standard Starfleet weaponry. Quite the contrary I have reasons to think that Starfleet actually have batter weapons. Remember what Atlantis crew did to buy some time? They move quite large asteroid to stop Replicator's beam from reaching the city, and allow Atlantis to fly away. Well, this plan worked for the most part, asteroid resisted beam weapon almost long enough to allow Atlantis to escape. You can see it here: time index: 3:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJc-MyS41M

Now look how fast Starfleet ships can deal with asteroids. In episode VOY: Rise, captain's Janeway's crew want to destroy asteroid heading towards planet. They blow it to pieces in a second, using single photon torpedo to do it, and only reason why this asteroid was not completly vaporized was because it was artificial in origin and was made from resilient materials:

Similar thing happened in episode TNG: Cost of Living, when Enterprise D used two torpedoes to blow up asteroid which was on collision course with planet. Again they easily blow it up in a matter of seconds, and only because asteroid's core was made from "densely compressed nitrium and chrondite", they were unable to destroy it completly by brute force and they must use technobabble solution to do it. How big was this asteroid? Big enough to cause planetwide damage:

Based on this I would say that Replicator weapon which was powerful enough to threaten Atlantis, was weaker than single photon torpedoe. Every Galaxy class ship carry 275 photon torpedoes, and there are at least hundreds Starfleet ships in this battle, so what make you think that they can't just blow Atlantis into pieces? And OP doesn't say anything about Asgard and other races.

#29 Posted by Calildur (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone forgot the people who operates those ships. Now im not a Stargate expert but they have Oneil, Carter, and the Atlantis and Destiny crew(does Tielk counts?) Against Picard and crew, Sisko and crew, Janeway and crew, Archer and crew and Kirk and Crew. So thats a great amount of tacticians and scientists, with great leaders. Enterprise for fact encountered beings that are more godlike than any fake deity of stargate going to be. Ships that are made for war like the Defiant can easily overload their shields. At point Voyager had impenetrable armor technology to deal with Borg that are much stronger IMHO than Wraiths. and if we use every Star Trek timeline, there are some future technology that outscales even Star Trek standards.

#30 Edited by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm,Atlantis shield is considered impenetrable as long as there's power,the replicator probe suceeded because Atlantis's ZPM was running out of it ,and their beam was making the shield consume power too fast.

Destiny is powerful, but I believe an Aurora or newer ships.even BC-304s with asgardians beams could one-shot them,the thing about Destiny is that it is Incredibly fast.

Important Question;How many ZPMs Atlantis has available,does it have it's full compliment of drones,and a very important one are the 304s powered by ZPMs(if they are they could potentially withstand Solar Flare's even more after the last Asgardian upgrades)

Hmm starfleet could win by numbers,but as you said the 14 best Ships.I could take:

1-Enterprise-E

2-Voyager with Armor

3-Defiant4-The Prometheus5-The Excalibur(big ship)6-Galaxy Class7-Akira 8-Achilles9-Updated Excelsior(USS Lakota)10-Centaur11-Nova12-Ambassador Class13-Norway14-Steamrunner

vs

Atlantis,4 BC-304s,and Destiny,I believe SG team can take if they have enough ZPMs and drones,Destiny could be destroyed though.

Still two factors:

Do they have prep?as both teams are know for it.

Do the teams are familiar with each other capabilities?

#31 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

I know about ZMP, that dosen't change the fact that Atlantis shields are not indestructible, energy will eventually run out and then city will be vulnerable to attack. Remember when Replicators attacked Atlantis? There is no proof that this beam weapon that Replicators used was any more powerful than standard Starfleet weaponry. Quite the contrary I have reasons to think that Starfleet actually have batter weapons. Remember what Atlantis crew did to buy some time? They move quite large asteroid to stop Replicator's beam from reaching the city, and allow Atlantis to fly away. Well, this plan worked for the most part, asteroid resisted beam weapon almost long enough to allow Atlantis to escape. You can see it here: time index: 3:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJc-MyS41M

Now look how fast Starfleet ships can deal with asteroids. In episode VOY: Rise, captain's Janeway's crew want to destroy asteroid heading towards planet. They blow it to pieces in a second, using single photon torpedo to do it, and only reason why this asteroid was not completly vaporized was because it was artificial in origin and was made from resilient materials:

Similar thing happened in episode TNG: Cost of Living, when Enterprise D used two torpedoes to blow up asteroid which was on collision course with planet. Again they easily blow it up in a matter of seconds, and only because asteroid's core was made from "densely compressed nitrium and chrondite", they were unable to destroy it completly by brute force and they must use technobabble solution to do it. How big was this asteroid? Big enough to cause planetwide damage:

Based on this I would say that Replicator weapon which was powerful enough to threaten Atlantis, was weaker than single photon torpedoe. Every Galaxy class ship carry 275 photon torpedoes, and there are at least hundreds Starfleet ships in this battle, so what make you think that they can't just blow Atlantis into pieces? And OP doesn't say anything about Asgard and other races.

@Picard said:

I know about ZMP, that dosen't change the fact that Atlantis shields are not indestructible, energy will eventually run out and then city will be vulnerable to attack. Remember when Replicators attacked Atlantis? There is no proof that this beam weapon that Replicators used was any more powerful than standard Starfleet weaponry. Quite the contrary I have reasons to think that Starfleet actually have batter weapons. Remember what Atlantis crew did to buy some time? They move quite large asteroid to stop Replicator's beam from reaching the city, and allow Atlantis to fly away. Well, this plan worked for the most part, asteroid resisted beam weapon almost long enough to allow Atlantis to escape

Have you being paying attention. i have said that the atlantis shields will Eventally run out about 3 or 4 times. also remember this. The atlantis crew are not The real ancients, they have barely explore the full atlantis, and they dont even know how to use the ancient technology properly. 3 atlantis drones is powerful enough to destroy a wraith hive ship, which would mean that two drones would be more than enough to destroy a standard starfleet vessel. again, atlantis did not even have full power when they were attacked by replicators. The ancient drones were created to go through shields. The only shields that can stop a drone are ancient an ori shields.

Drone weapons, known more colloquially as drones, are projectile weapons that serve as the primary weapon system of the Ancients. A hybrid energy/projectile weapon, drones are capable of penetrating most shields and armor with ease. A single drone can destroy most fighters and cause severe damage to smaller capital ships, while hundreds or thousands can obliterate dozens of vessels with little effort.

Drones are among the most powerful weapons in existence. They can pass through Goa'uld shields with ease and punch through the organic armor ofWraith Hive ships without being destroyed. In an alternate reality, it was stated that an Ori warship was driven off by drone weapons, though it's not made clear if it simply retreated or was destroyed. Two drones are sufficient to destroy a Ha'tak vessel or an Aurora-class battleship when the ships are hit in key areas, which drones automatically detect and aim for, and a few dozen drones tore apart a Hive ship in less than a minute.

Need i say more?

#32 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kellar21 said:

Hmm,Atlantis shield is considered impenetrable as long as there's power,the replicator probe suceeded because Atlantis's ZPM was running out of it ,and their beam was making the shield consume power too fast.

Destiny is powerful, but I believe an Aurora or newer ships.even BC-304s with asgardians beams could one-shot them,the thing about Destiny is that it is Incredibly fast.

Important Question;How many ZPMs Atlantis has available,does it have it's full compliment of drones,and a very important one are the 304s powered by ZPMs(if they are they could potentially withstand Solar Flare's even more after the last Asgardian upgrades)

Hmm starfleet could win by numbers,but as you said the 14 best Ships.I could take:

1-Enterprise-E

2-Voyager with Armor

3-Defiant4-The Prometheus5-The Excalibur(big ship)6-Galaxy Class7-Akira 8-Achilles9-Updated Excelsior(USS Lakota)10-Centaur11-Nova12-Ambassador Class13-Norway14-Steamrunner

vs

Atlantis,4 BC-304s,and Destiny,I believe SG team can take if they have enough ZPMs and drones,Destiny could be destroyed though.

Still two factors:

Do they have prep?as both teams are know for it.

Do the teams are familiar with each other capabilities?

The aurora and orion are also in this battle. along with all the Tauri ships They all have 3 full ZPMs. No prep time and no knowledge of each other.

#33 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman

well then,if all ships have 3 ZPMs then SG stomp,the only shields they may be breaching are Destny's and maybe Orion and Aurora if they are at the state they were found at,if not this is even more of a stomp.

BC-304s when powered by ZPMs have withstood a direct Solar Flare only being damaged by the heat that bleed thorugh their shields(not a problem to the newer asgardian shields IMO),withstood bombardment by 4 Ori Warships while being boarded by replicators not mentionig the FTL Speed Increase and the timebubble feats.

Atlantis with a full compliment of ZPMs is a force to reckoned with,it's shields can probably withstand bombardment of the Starfleet's ships for a long time(Starfleet will probably switch targets once they spend half their torpedo ordinace and the city is undamaged),their drones will probably tear through both shields and armor.

Aurora class ships were said to solo entire wraith fleets so I bet their shields are about as strong or stronger that Undending Odyssey.Drones would be the same.

So the only ship they could destroy would be Destiny just because she is a million years old,and severely damaged.

Looking at it,it appears the only limitation SG teams have on their gear is power supply.With everyone with three ZPMs or more(304s can give one or two to Atlantis so the city-ship could tank bombardment for more time)SG stomp.

#34 Edited by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

Have you being paying attention. i have said that the atlantis shields will Eventally run out about 3 or 4 times. also remember this. The atlantis crew are not The real ancients, they have barely explore the full atlantis, and they dont even know how to use the ancient technology properly. 3 atlantis drones is powerful enough to destroy a wraith hive ship, which would mean that two drones would be more than enough to destroy a standard starfleet vessel. again, atlantis did not even have full power when they were attacked by replicators. The ancient drones were created to go through shields. The only shields that can stop a drone are ancient an ori shields.

Drone weapons, known more colloquially as drones, are projectile weapons that serve as the primary weapon system of the Ancients. A hybrid energy/projectile weapon, drones are capable of penetrating most shields and armor with ease. A single drone can destroy most fighters and cause severe damage to smaller capital ships, while hundreds or thousands can obliterate dozens of vessels with little effort.

Drones are among the most powerful weapons in existence. They can pass through Goa'uld shields with ease and punch through the organic armor ofWraith Hive ships without being destroyed. In an alternate reality, it was stated that an Ori warship was driven off by drone weapons, though it's not made clear if it simply retreated or was destroyed. Two drones are sufficient to destroy a Ha'tak vessel or an Aurora-class battleship when the ships are hit in key areas, which drones automatically detect and aim for, and a few dozen drones tore apart a Hive ship in less than a minute.

Need i say more?

You are doing a lot of unfounded assumption. First of all how can you tell if drones can penetrate Starfleet shields? What proof do you have to support your claim? Starfleet shields are not this same as Goa'uld shields etc. this is technology from completly different universes, how can you tell which one is better when you can compare them? What proof do you have to say that Ha'tak or Hive ship or Aurora-class battleship is equall or better than any of the Starfleet ships? You know what else is important? Striking distance! What is striking distance of Atlantis drones? Because according to episode TNG Wounded Starfleet ships can successfully destroy hostile vessel from distance bigger than 3 hundred thousand kilometers, it's almost distance between Earth and Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZk-SapVtpc

So again, what is striking distance of those drones? Yes, I know that Atlantis didn't have full power when Replicators attacked them but I also proven that photon torpedoes alone are more powerful than Replicator beam that threatened Atlantis back then, and that there are hundreds of Starfleet ships in this battle. And those ships have also phasers - let's see what those can do: in TNG Legacy in few seconds single phaser vaporized two kilometers of solid granite, in episode TNG Inheritance single phaser beam vaporized eight kilometers of solid rock in approximately nineteen seconds:

And Replicators beam struggled to destroy single asteroid... this same beam almost destroyed Atlantis even though city was submerged and was protected by billion tons of water. Sorry, but even with three ZMPs , Atlantis will run out of energy pretty fast when all Starfleet ships will fire simultaneously, all phasers and torpedoes at them, just like that:

starfleet ships can fire all weapons and once

And there is more advanced weaponry: quantum torpedoes ( in episode DS9: Broken Links Garak said that USS Defiant have enough power to turn planet into a smoking cinder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZqOdsRoKU ) also tricobalt warheads used to destroy Caretaker array, and of course this :) :

@Kellar21 said:

SG stomp.

Considering what I just wrote, no:

Starfleet stomps

#35 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard:

I have to agree with this man. I've only seen SG1, and a little bit of Atlantis. But Starfleet is just so much more vast, and each ship just seems so much more advanced technologically. Both offensively, defensively, and everything inbetween.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard

OP changed to just the 14 best ships otherwise it would be a mismatch as SG has like 4 ships(LOL),still,Goa'uld shields could withstand staying very close to a star(like near the corona) and it would take ten hours for the crew to be at any risk.

Now on Ancient/Asgardian Shields with enough power a BC-304 withstood a close range solar Flare to the face,and with enough energy Atlantis shield was said to be able to encompass the entire planet and protect against the flare.

Now without Multiphasic shields Starfleet ships can't withstand being that close to a star and no ship could take on a solar flare,multiphasic shields or not.

SG just has it in Tech.Ancient and Asgardian tech put together are a force to be reckoned with.They win, and if everyone has ZPMs as OP said then even 14 ships aren't getting past those shields,especially Atlantis shields who can resist until it runs out of energy.The only ship who is in Danger is The Destiny because it probably is incompatible with ZPMs.Now Drones is debatable,but so are phasers, and plasma weapons have shown to be effective against Ori ships which showed to be able to withstand bombardment from a fleet made off several ha'taks(one-shotted even with shields that could withstand being that close to a star) and 2 BC-304s along with an O'neill class ship.

Now after the upgrade they could destroy one of those in a few shots,and withstand sustained fire from 4 Ori Warships(which previosly only needed two shots to destroy a BC-304)

Not including the Aurora class ships which were said to be able to take on a whole wraith fleet and come out on top.

And SG earth has tech to destroy stars.

#37 Posted by WillPayton (9335 posts) - - Show Bio

Entire Federation is just way too much high-end firepower for the Stargate ships to deal with. In fact, much of the firepower of the SG ships like railguns would be completely ineffective against Trek ships.

Feds win.

#38 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton

Not the entire federation just the 14 best ships as OP said,and IIRC ST ships are not that good against kinect impact,not saying railgun wil be effective,but they fire nukes as missiles and even then they would use their Asgardian plasma beam and drones.

#39 Edited by WillPayton (9335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kellar21 said:

@WillPayton

Not the entire federation just the 14 best ships as OP said,and IIRC ST ships are not that good against kinect impact,not saying railgun wil be effective,but they fire nukes as missiles and even then they would use their Asgardian plasma beam and drones.

You should change the OP if you want to change the rules.

In any case, even in ST:TOS, nuclear missiles were already considered antiquated. Fed ships should have little problem picking off slow missiles at range with phasers. Not only that, but Trek shields seem to be extremely effective against the types of damage that nukes do... EM radiation and charged particles. With shields up, I'm not really sure a nuke could penetrate. And if it detonates at anything other than close range, forget about it. Nukes are not that effective in space anyway... no shock waves, no EMP,...

SG ships did tons of damage to Wraith ships because the Wraith ships didnt have any shields. (basically the writers screwed the Wraith) So they'd have to rely on their ancient beam weapons, which might do the trick, but then again maybe not.

#40 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton

Oh, you misunderstand the thread opener comented on one of the pages that it would only be the 14 best ships.Well they still got the asgardian beams whic are pretty powerful.And their shields with 3 ZPMs each would be able to withstand at the very least a solar flare.

hudyman said:

Ok i can see this battle will go no where with that fact. So ill ask people to choose 14 of the best federation ships to go against the stargate ships.
#41 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

And there is more advanced weaponry: quantum torpedoes ( in episode DS9: Broken Links Garak said that USS Defiant have enough power to turn planet into a smoking cinder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZqOdsRoKU ) also tricobalt warheads used to destroy Caretaker array, and of course this :) :

@Kellar21 said:

SG stomp.

Considering what I just wrote, no:

Starfleet stomps

@Picard said:

You are doing a lot of unfounded assumption. First of all how can you tell if drones can penetrate Starfleet shields? What proof do you have to support your claim? Starfleet shields are not this same as Goa'uld shields etc. this is technology from completly different universes, how can you tell which one is better when you can compare them? What proof do you have to say that Ha'tak or Hive ship or Aurora-class battleship is equall or better than any of the Starfleet ships? You know what else is important? Striking distance! What is striking distance of Atlantis drones? Because according to episode TNG Wounded Starfleet ships can successfully destroy hostile vessel from distance bigger than 3 hundred thousand kilometers, it's almost distance between Earth and Moon:

Lets be honest here, The starfleet technology is powerful, but from what i've seen it cant really compare to ancient technology. The striking distance doesnt really matter seeing as SG ships sublight engines are fast as hell. Even if the starfleet ships do block the drones, They will run out of power very quickly. The thing about drones is that they dont just fire one drone. They fire a whole swarm of drones.

@Picard said:

And Replicators beam struggled to destroy single asteroid... this same beam almost destroyed Atlantis even though city was submerged and was protected by billion tons of water. Sorry, but even with three ZMPs , Atlantis will run out of energy pretty fast when all Starfleet ships will fire simultaneously, all phasers and torpedoes at them, just like that:

First of all, you dont seem to understand replicators very much.The reason they are one of the most powerful beings in the universe is because they adapt. if you shoot a replicator with a rifle the first time it will die. shoot it a second time and your weapons will become useless.when the asteriod got in the way the replicators adapted to it and increased their beam right before they were destroyed.

@Picard said:

And there is more advanced weaponry: quantum torpedoes ( in episode DS9: Broken Links Garak said that USS Defiant have enough power to turn planet into a smoking cinder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZqOdsRoKU ) also tricobalt warheads used to destroy Caretaker array, and of course this :) :

lol!, all the stuff you mentioned is all standard SG ship functions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbbkgcNCNqM

Sorry but until you show me a time when any of the starfleet ships was directly hit by a solar flare and survived.

Your argument is Invalid

#42 Posted by Calildur (77 posts) - - Show Bio

in the opening of Voyager the ship casually fly next to a sun. And Enterprise also studied a sun from very close distance.

#43 Posted by hudyman (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Calildur said:

in the opening of Voyager the ship casually fly next to a sun. And Enterprise also studied a sun from very close distance.

you said Next to not into. I think in SG1 they actually flew into a sun

#44 Posted by ClarkJosephKent1938DC (682 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enterprise D flew into a star's corona using Geordie's metaphasic shielding. I'm going to side with the Federation on this one.

#45 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

stars corona<<<<<solar flare,still metaphasic shielding was meant more to withstand radiation and some temperature,BOPs could fly very close to stars(but one was still destroyed by an eruption which is much smaller and less powerful than a flare)