Star Wars vs Star Trek

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Skaddix

Star Trek, Imperial ships basically dont move in combat. Meanwhile Fed ships have Impulse and will be dancing circles around Star Wars.

Actually funnily enough Starfleet did not actually have 1000s upon 1000s of ships until DS9 retconned that for their Dominion War.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Freefa11

@redleader1: You were probably getting your info from stardestroyer.net. They have tons of info like that, and a pretty comprehensive breakdown of all the ways the Empire outclasses Starfleet. They also address a lot of logical fallacies commonly used in the debate.

Also, universe vs. universe threads are banned on comicvine now, as far as I'm aware. Rightfully so, IMO.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By RetconCrisis

Star Trek

Star Trek navy might be better, but Star Wars has a planet buster. It can just destroy a bunch of planets that the military bases are at and where the main cruisers are created.

However, Star Trek has Q. I like SW better, but ST wins here.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STAR WARS vs Star Trek

The ultimate faith vs logic debate/battle

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

star trek wins

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Star Wars.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Heinrich7

Star Wars Spite unless You bring in characters like Q. Seriously don't know how people think the Enterprise can take on a 300 million+ GW Star Destroyer with only 3.6 GW.

That said I love both. But the Enterprise couldn't even move an asteroid. The Federation can't take this one. They'd probably struggle and outright lose against Great Hyperspace War Fleets.

Avatar image for captainstarlord
CaptainStarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By CaptainStarlord

Starwars!

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yoda solos :)

No but SW still wins.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at the time this was made such a thread was allowed, so I guess I'll post before it's locked.

Q solos. He turns the Death Star into a dandelion and banishes Darth Vader, Yoda, and the rest to the middle of a black hole (not in Q's character, but certainly well within his abilities).

Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP didn't stop the Q Continuum from getting involved, so SW gets blinked out of existence.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Heinrich7

@johnnyz256: Imho The Omnipotent characters fighting should have always been against the rules.

Being a fan of both series Kirk and Co came across Many all powerful gods. It was mainly due to Star Trek being a more philosophical series. It went deep into Your brain. You had Trelane and His parents, Charlie X and His race, Apollo and the Greek Gods, those people that turned your consciousness into blocks etc... list goes on(Complete here http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gods)

Whereas Star Wars focuses more on Lore, Technology and Fantasy (EU is far better than un-canon ST spinoffs).

That said Yes if We allow Gods ST wins by default, If not an OR Starship could probably solo the Federation.

Star Wars writers haven't entered Omnipotent areas extensively. And I probably don't expect them too. Last time Lucas fiddled with the Force there was a massive outcry and He dropped the idea all together after The Phantom Menace.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heinrich7:

Yes, even without Q, Star Wars is in deep trouble. The Douwd, Trelane, Organians, Metrons, Nagilum, Edo god, Species 8472, Cytherians, etc., all possessed great powers.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:

@redleader1: You were probably getting your info from stardestroyer.net. They have tons of info like that, and a pretty comprehensive breakdown of all the ways the Empire outclasses Starfleet. They also address a lot of logical fallacies commonly used in the debate.

Also, universe vs. universe threads are banned on comicvine now, as far as I'm aware. Rightfully so, IMO.

Yeah, but they also had a lot of really weird ideas too. Like that using dramatic visualization was the same as looking with the naked eye. I mean, a 'real' battle in space is going to be the most boring thing to watch, ever. No explosions, no beams, and no more than one ship in human visual range at a time.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: hey I will take unrealistic awesomeness over boringly realistic any day.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Eisenfauste

Star Wars, if Q is omitted here, will be able to take the majority. They have more ships and more powerful weapons then Star Trek has. Sun Crusher=solar system buster, galaxy gun one shots ships, Centerpoint station one shots fleets that are light years away. Death Star busts planets and any borg ship that gets in the way.

Ground troops are 10x better then anything that is fielded by the ST universe. Teleportation will be irrelevant here because they do not know the shield frequencies to beam through SW shields, or even understand their specific form of tech here.

Star Wars has the numbers and tech to beat ST, and Palpatine could just open up a wormhole and swallow any fleet fielded by ST that is going impulse speed.

Also SW ships can travel around the galaxy much more quickly then anything ST has, bar the borg with their advanced wormhole travel. SW ships could bust a planet, then jump past any defense force and bust more planets that aren't defended. They could just literally jump around the galaxy in kill groups and destroy planetary defense forces and planets at their will. SW will easily win here.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Heinrich7

@eisenfauste: Yeah. Star Destroyer.net has it all laid out. A Tie fighter would be a massive threat to a Federation Fleet. There is just no chance. I doubt the Phasers would even harm any kinetic energy on the shields of cargo boat. I don't even think the enterprise would see any ships at all. 250,000 light-years is insane operation range for a clone wars Troop Transport.

When You take out Gods it's not really fair. Star Trek only has around 160 years of space Travel under it's belt(More if You count online). Whereas Star Wars has over 30 thousand years(True it progresses slowly as they've been capped).

But honestly the whole reason why the Enterprise only has 3.6 Gigawatts of power and Star Destroyers have Hundreds of Millions is mostly because each are written differently. They are both amazing and classic pieces of work that are Apples and Oranges at what they do, and they do it right. Wars and Trekking. One at Fantasy Technology and Lore, And the other Philosophy Nature and Character.

May the Force be with You and Live long and Prosper.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Eisenfauste

@heinrich7: Pretty much, but in a realistic battle scenario Star Wars is too OP for ST to actually pull out a win here lol, next these people will be saying ST can take down Warhammer 40k universe, excluding the chaos, elder, and necron factions.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

These types of threads are banned.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Really? because we did an imperium of man vs 40k verse not too long ago and it wasn't banned.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By ShootingNova

@eisenfauste: Don't care - universe vs universe threads are banned.

No More Universe Vs Universe or Character X vs Universe Threads

These types of threads are be banned. Universe vs Universe threads involve too many people or a person vs a universe could end up becoming a stomp and offer no debates at all. Like Superman Prime vs Marvel Universe. He would end up fighting some being that he wouldn't beat and if you do the universe vs universe threads it just ends up being omnipotent vs omnipotent which is also against the rules and offers no debate. This is an extension of the be careful with team battles but this is gonna be cracked down on more.

The above excerpt was taken from here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/battle-forum-rules-2-0-compulsory-reading-1505000/#0

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Too bad, these threads are usually a source of amusement, and are actually fun to make points in.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Too bad, it's against the rules, and for that, it's been flagged. Whether the mods wish to take action is up to them, not you.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Did I ever say it was up to me, no I did not, I simply said these threads are fun to post in, chill shootingnova.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By ShootingNova

@eisenfauste: Your "too bad" remark seemed to be against my point. I was simply responding to what you gave me. That said, I could have been misinterpreting your comment, especially the "too bad" remark.

To be fair, if there is productive discussion here, the mods might not lock it. So it might be kept open for your amusement, but I won't be sticking in these sorts of threads again (especially since the last SW vs ST thread didn't go very well).

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: lol I'll make sure to be more clear, I never make a point contrary to another viners unless I am debating them, if its a random meet like this, then I just talk and chill haha.

Hopefully not because I am looking forward to some sort of small debate of how SW has the potential to beat ST.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: All I can say is that I'm not participating in this thread.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Eisenfauste