Star Wars vs Star Trek

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Erik
@AtPhantom said:
" @erik said:
" @AtPhantom:  I believe Data said that the damage to the cube was all superficial.  "
I believe it was more like "massive damage to outer hull" or something like that. Either way, he certainly said "Massive power fluctuation" Meaning the cube was losing control of its power supply. That's heavy damage. "
Hmm... I stand corrected. It has been too long since First Contact has sat in my DVD player. But IIRC the cube was obliterating the fleet. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:
" @erik said:
" @AtPhantom:  I believe Data said that the damage to the cube was all superficial.  "
I believe it was more like "massive damage to outer hull" or something like that. Either way, he certainly said "Massive power fluctuation" Meaning the cube was losing control of its power supply. That's heavy damage. "

Heavy damage to the outer hall and fluctuations in their power grid. Nothing about massive. :P  
It was taking damage though, just not enough for me to honestly thing the Federation would stand a chance against them without inside information on some sort of achilles heel to exploit at the time.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos said:
" I'm not too confident of it being a close call, without that particular bit of power of the plot through Picard, they simply would not have fired at that area and would probably been destroyed.  Theres no denying they where doing damage, it was pretty much everything the Federation had along with help from various other species blasting away at the cube.   For the life of I can't remember what Data said on how much damage those things can take and still operate. "
Without Picard the fleet would have kept punching little holes in the cube until one of them went down. Both sides still had a lot of fight in them. It most certainly wasn't everything the Federation had. The fleet numbered about 60 ships. Starfleet operates more than a thousand vessels, and no other species were involved in the conflict. 

Memory alpha says the Cube can remain operative even if 78% is destroyed. This is just an estimate, and wasn't made by Data. Never been proven.

@erik said:
"Hmm... I stand corrected. It has been too long since First Contact has sat in my DVD player. But IIRC the cube was obliterating the fleet.  "
It was. But unlike Wolf 359, the Fleet was biting back.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos:  Okay, so my mind inserted massive. :P Power Fluctuation still means the cube's power supply was damaged. That means it's not just skin deep or anything.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:

"Without Picard the fleet would have kept punching little holes in the cube until one of them went down. Both sides still had a lot of fight in them. It most certainly wasn't everything the Federation had. The fleet numbered about 60 ships. Starfleet operates more than a thousand vessels, and no other species were involved in the conflict. 

Memory alpha says the Cube can remain operative even if 78% is destroyed. This is just an estimate, and wasn't made by Data. Never been proven.

@erik said:
"Hmm... I stand corrected. It has been too long since First Contact has sat in my DVD player. But IIRC the cube was obliterating the fleet.  "
It was. But unlike Wolf 359, the Fleet was biting back. "

Then again I guess your right about the ship numbers considering they did wrack up their numbers for the Dominion War, althouth one wonders why they wouldn't much more ships to make sure one of the more important planets in the Federation didn't get taken over.  
Could have sworn the Romulans and Klingons sent some ships in, although I guess I might be confusing that with Wolf 359.

Well the admiral's ship was already gone, there goes their only real oraganization, and ships like the defiant and such where pretty much getting wrecked by the cube by the time the E arrived to save the day.  
They where still putting up a fight, unlike previously due to Picards assimilation complete !@#$ing over starfleet at Wolf 359.

@AtPhantom
said:
" @Hellos:  Okay, so my mind inserted massive. :P Power Fluctuation still means the cube's power supply was damaged. That means it's not just skin deep or anything. "

Thats thing about the cubes, essentially all the vital systems are spread across the ship while packing a regenerating outer haul.  
They are tough to take down, but do I agree the Federation fleet was making a dent into, which allow for the exploitation of that achilles heel.
Marius138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By Marius138
@AtPhantom:   Power fluctuations could really mean anything.  Considering the self repairing nature of Borg Cubes they simply could have been redirecting power from different sections to others to enhance repairs.  After all Data didn't say their power was failing or anything like that, we can only speculate how much damage is implied by "fluctuations."

In any event, I still say a dozen drones transported onto a Star Destroyer would quickly lead to Borg run Star Destroyers, and after that all parties involved, Federation included, would soon be having a bad day.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos said:
" Then again I guess your right about the ship numbers considering they did wrack up their numbers for the Dominion War, althouth one wonders why they wouldn't much more ships to make sure one of the more important planets in the Federation didn't get taken over.  
Could have sworn the Romulans and Klingons sent some ships in, although I guess I might be confusing that with Wolf 359. "
Same reason why the Borg sent just one cube. Most likely, the writers haven't yet decided how many ships the Federation has. That or those were the only ships in the quadrant. That seems to happen a lot in Star Trek. :P

" Thats thing about the cubes, essentially all the vital systems are spread across the ship while packing a regenerating outer haul.  They are tough to take down, but do I agree the Federation fleet was making a dent into, which allow for the exploitation of that achilles heel. "
Then all of its power supplies were damaged. Which is actually consistent with being bombarded across all of its surface by the fleet, which they were doing before Picard took over.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Erik

If we get to use all characters from the two respective universes, I say Star Trek. 

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:
"Same reason why the Borg sent just one cube. Most likely, the writers haven't yet decided how many ships the Federation has. That or those were the only ships in the quadrant. That seems to happen a lot in Star Trek. :P

Then all of its power supplies were damaged. Which is actually consistent with being bombarded across all of its surface by the fleet, which they were doing before Picard took over. "

I don't know, the plot general always has them send one cube for some godly unknown reason. You've seen the Borg send a hell of a lot more to other worlds to assimilate them, but for some reason against the Federation one's good enough. 
We already know the Borg have plenty of ships and certainly a rediculous amount of drones, I honestly don't see the harm in them sending two cubes just to make sure. 

I wouldn't say all of them, but if the power grid was fluctuating, then I assume the Federation did get a few good hits there and there. Thats the point of having all their systems spread out, so they still always have something lieing around.  
I think I might have to what Q Who to remember exactly how much punishment a cube can take and not go down. I believe that's the episode Data says how much damage said cube can take before shutting down.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos said:
"I don't know, the plot general always has them send one cube for some godly unknown reason. You've seen the Borg send a hell of a lot more to other worlds to assimilate them, but for some reason against the Federation one's good enough. We already know the Borg have plenty of ships and certainly a rediculous amount of drones, I honestly don't see the harm in them sending two cubes just to make sure.  "
It's PIS, plain and simple. The entirety of First contact, for all its awesomeness, was pure PIS.

@Hellos said:
" I wouldn't say all of them, but if the power grid was fluctuating, then I assume the Federation did get a few good hits there and there. Thats the point of having all their systems spread out, so they still always have something lieing around.  I think I might have to what Q Who to remember exactly how much punishment a cube can take and not go down. I believe that's the episode Data says how much damage said cube can take before shutting down. "
Q who also had one Federation ship doing massive damage to the cube, to the point where they both had a stand off for repairs. LOL
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:
"It's PIS, plain and simple. The entirety of First contact, for all its awesomeness, was pure PIS. 

Q who also had one Federation ship doing massive damage to the cube, to the point where they both had a stand off for repairs. LOL "

That I would have to agree with, the first time they sent over a cube, that was maybe more acceptable because they knew how much the Federation's tech simply did not compare (Tractor beams own Federation shields), the second though they probably sould have played it safe with two cubes. 

Now I don't remember that lol. All I can remember is I believe Q sending them over to say hi to cube, having said cube cut the Enterprise D's haul and take a chunk of it crew members and all up to the ship, them blasting a Borg Drone in engineering and not too much after that.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"It's PIS, plain and simple. The entirety of First contact, for all its awesomeness, was pure PIS. 

Q who also had one Federation ship doing massive damage to the cube, to the point where they both had a stand off for repairs. LOL "
That I would have to agree with, the first time they sent over a cube, that was maybe more acceptable because they knew how much the Federation's tech simply did not compare (Tractor beams own Federation shields), the second though they probably sould have played it safe with two cubes.  Now I don't remember that lol. All I can remember is I believe Q sending them over to say hi to cube, having said cube cut the Enterprise D's haul and take a chunk of it crew members and all up to the ship, them blasting a Borg Drone in engineering and not too much after that. "
There was a fight, and Enterprise did substantial damage to the cube and the two had a standoff, long enough for an away team to beam over and gather intel on the borg. Then they kept fighting and the Enterprise was outmatched, forcing Q's intervention.

Also, let's not get started on the stupidity of the time travel scheme.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Freefa11

The 78% thing was an estimate commander (?) Shelby came up with in Best of Both Worlds Pt 1

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:
"There was a fight, and Enterprise did substantial damage to the cube and the two had a standoff, long enough for an away team to beam over and gather intel on the borg. Then they kept fighting and the Enterprise was outmatched, forcing Q's intervention.  Also, let's not get started on the stupidity of the time travel scheme. "

The Borg probably would have had better luck just beaming down to the Earth directly future or past, instead of the whole take down the future of the Federation by mindlessly blasting the surface in the area to nail a particular individual. 
If the battle onboard the E was any indication of how badly the Federation's ground combat game would have been against a handful of Drones, the compaign on the ground could have very well been fairly successful.

@Freefa11
said:
"The 78% thing was an estimate commander Shelby came up with in Best of Both Worlds Pt 1 "

Oh so it wasn't Data that said that. Thanks.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
" Even 1 borg cube would destroy multyple starwars ships .. hell i am ready to beat 1 tactical borg cube can take on multyple executor type ships with no problem ...  The borg has asimilated the Ablative armor and transphasic torpedoes that Cpt Janeway got from the future in Voyager finale...   Hell the borg alone would have no problem asimilating the SW galaxy. When you ignore the plot armour that humanity has when the borg come for you they fill the solar system with borg cubes. The borg can also time travel back in time to destroy the humans before they get into space ...  SW fans keep trowing around stuff like SW has better weapon bla bla bla but 9 ships from species 8472 can do the same thing the damn Death Star can ... Better fire power my but. "
Come on. The Borg are not invincible. First contact showed that if you shovel enough fire power into a cube, it goes down just like any other, and Imperial ships have a lot more dakka than any ST fleet to date. "

Can you read ? This is like comparing Curent Superman with golden age. The borg have more advanced tech right now by a HUGE margine. The galaxy class that Picard had could shoot all day at it and it would do NO damage. 

What happend back then is completly irrelevant to this discusion as we are using the most curent version of stuff.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By xan84

Just to make it clear. The borg have asimilated and adapted to this tech from the future. Not only the armour but also the the torpedous that are also from the future. Those torpedos are 1 shoting Cubes left and right. Keep in mind that Voyager is like a BUG to a cube in size and armour. Imagine that thing on a borg TACTICAL Cube. 

Yes i can safely say with this tech 1 borg Cube can take any SW ships with little problems. 

Edit: 

Who needs the DeathStar when 9 species 8472 ships can do this : 

Yes sure looks like SW got ST beat in firepower eh ? Yes the DS can shoot with more force but so what ? Those 9 ships take only 9 crew to operate (1 crew / ship) compare this to the DS  ... Those 9 ships can 1 shot the DS if they actualy get 1 shot off and they should by opening a singularity right in front of it and shoting (like in the video).
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:

" Can you read ? This is like comparing Curent Superman with golden age. The borg have more advanced tech right now by a HUGE margine. The galaxy class that Picard had could shoot all day at it and it would do NO damage.  What happend back then is completly irrelevant to this discusion as we are using the most curent version of stuff. "

What the hell are you talking about? What Galaxy Class? I'm talking about First Bloody Contact. The movie which made the Borg what they were for the next ten years. 

@Xan said:

" Just to make it clear. The borg have asimilated and adapted to this tech from the future. Not only the armour but also the the torpedous that are also from the future. Those torpedos are 1 shoting Cubes left and right. Keep in mind that Voyager is like a BUG to a cube in size and armour. Imagine that thing on a borg TACTICAL Cube.  "

Those armor and torpedoes were also apparently developed specifically against the Borg. We've yet to see it used against anyone else, apart from one hapless Klingon Cruiser and against that it had no greater effectiveness than your standard shield.

Also, you may forget that the Borg were also most likely destroyed at that point. So yeah, if you're so insistent on using the latest version, the Borg will spontaneously combust within ten minutes of the start.

@Hellos said:
" The Borg probably would have had better luck just beaming down to the Earth directly future or past, instead of the whole take down the future of the Federation by mindlessly blasting the surface in the area to nail a particular individual. 
If the battle onboard the E was any indication of how badly the Federation's ground combat game would have been against a handful of Drones, the compaign on the ground could have very well been fairly successful."
I wasn't referring to that, but yeah, that's a good point too.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Erik
@AtPhantom:  
Star Trek Online is considered soft canon by CBS and I believe Paramount as well and based on that, you are right. The Borg were just about completely destroyed. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By AtPhantom
@erik: I only know what I saw from the ending of Voyager, and it closed with the collective seemingly falling apart. Thanks for the confirmation.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By xan84
@erik said:

" @AtPhantom:  Star Trek Online is considered soft canon by CBS and I believe Paramount as well and based on that, you are right. The Borg were just about completely destroyed.  "

Well i have to admit i know nothing about that game but it makes no sense for the borg to be destroyed from that virus. Anyway game (expecialy a MMO) make bad proof but i can't argue with it. Still my point was a borg with the tech they asimilated from Voyager would do some nice damage to the SW ships. Ah well i gues i am going to need to use Soverign class with those weapon and shields vs any SW ships no biggie, the end is the same. 

The only thing SW has is numbers but if we include Species 8472 then i am not sure that dimension they where coming could be huge (but yeah no proof).

AtPhantom    

What the hell are you talking about? What Galaxy Class? I'm talking about First Bloody Contact. The movie which made the Borg what they were for the next ten years.  

I was under the impresion you where refering to there first contact with the borg when the Q send them in deep space.  Still it matters not the same thing applies it is before the voyager armour thing. Also by this time they had advanced there tech and made special anti-borg weapons that the borg where having a hard time adapting to.  

Those armor and torpedoes were also apparently developed specifically against the Borg. We've yet to see it used against anyone else, apart from one hapless Klingon Cruiser and against that it had no greater effectiveness than your standard shield.

Also, you may forget that the Borg were also most likely destroyed at that point. So yeah, if you're so insistent on using the latest version, the Borg will spontaneously combust within ten minutes of the start.

First the Klingongs where from the furture to so they had better shields of course. I also sugest you read up on the torpedos http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transphasic_torpedo 
The only thing that made them "design vs the borg"is the fact that they have a hard time adapting to it. Also i don't even remember Janeway saying that she was shoting these type of torpedos at the Klingons, are you sure about this ? It would make no sense to just trow around those things when they need them vs the Borg.

Also the Borg only lost the Borg Queen and the unicomplex. This does not mean that borg are cripled. The Borg had thousands of systems. The borg also are able to survive if the Queen dies.  
Changed this part somewhat a little because of the MMO game thing.

Before that armour falls the Borg would have adapted to whatever ships is firing at it and making it completly immune to that damage. If SW does not get some 10 years or whatever head start like the federation ... Well its GG. 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:
"

First the Klingongs where from the furture to so they had better shields of course. I also sugest you read up on the torpedos http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transphasic_torpedo 
The only thing that made them "design vs the borg"is the fact that they have a hard time adapting to it. Also i don't even remember Janeway saying that she was shoting these type of torpedos at the Klingons, are you sure about this ? It would make no sense to just trow around those things when they need them vs the Borg.Also the Borg only lost the Borg Queen and the unicomplex. This does not mean that borg are cripled. The Borg had thousands of systems. The borg also are able to survive if the Queen dies. Of course if you got proof of anything else go ahead and post it but nothing else was lost but some damaged vessels. Even by the end of the episode the borg had adapted to the virus thing and where back in business.     Before that armour falls the Borg would have adapted to whatever ships is firing at it and making it completly immune to that damage. If SW does not get some 10 years or whatever head start like the federation ... Well its GG. "
I was talking about the armor. The Borg never adapted to the torpedoes. Rewatch the ending, the last sphere is still destroyed by one.
The queen was loosing control over the hive. That means the hive mind was effectively disintegrating. That sounds like critical existence failure to me. For more info, look up.
Funny thing, you know. The Borg never really adapted to anything, did they? No. Adaptation is the staple of Borg drones. Borg ships, the only thing they ever adapted against was in their very first episode against torpedoes, and they still proved effective against them later on. All those phasers and torpedoes they encountered a thousand times before? Guess what, they still worked. They didn't do much, but that's because the cubes are by definition tough. They kept firing, and little by little, the damage was done. 
Now cue Star Wars ships, with weapons orders of magnitude above ST weapons, and by far greater rapid fire capability. Just look at any of the movies. A single star destroyer can deliver as much firepower in terms of quantity as the entire fleet did FC.
In the end, the Empire could just ram the cubes with star destroyers over and over again, and they'd still have ships to spare. Hell, Executor class vessels could just ram the things and shrug off the damage. They've done so before.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
"

The only thing that made them "design vs the borg"is the fact that they have a hard time adapting to it. Also i don't even remember Janeway saying that she was shoting these type of torpedos at the Klingons, are you sure about this ? It would make no sense to just trow around those things when they need them vs the Borg.Also the Borg only lost the Borg Queen and the unicomplex. This does not mean that borg are cripled. The Borg had thousands of systems. The borg also are able to survive if the Queen dies. Of course if you got proof of anything else go ahead and post it but nothing else was lost but some damaged vessels. Even by the end of the episode the borg had adapted to the virus thing and where back in business.     Before that armour falls the Borg would have adapted to whatever ships is firing at it and making it completly immune to that damage. If SW does not get some 10 years or whatever head start like the federation ... Well its GG. "
I was talking about the armor. The Borg never adapted to the torpedoes. Rewatch the ending, the last sphere is still destroyed by one.
The queen was loosing control over the hive. That means the hive mind was effectively disintegrating. That sounds like critical existence failure to me. For more info, look up.
Funny thing, you know. The Borg never really adapted to anything, did they? No. Adaptation is the staple of Borg drones. Borg ships, the only thing they ever adapted against was in their very first episode against torpedoes, and they still proved effective against them later on. All those phasers and torpedoes they encountered a thousand times before? Guess what, they still worked. They didn't do much, but that's because the cubes are by definition tough. They kept firing, and little by little, the damage was done. 
Now cue Star Wars ships, with weapons orders of magnitude above ST weapons, and by far greater rapid fire capability. Just look at any of the movies. A single star destroyer can deliver as much firepower in terms of quantity as the entire fleet did FC. In the end, the Empire could just ram the cubes with star destroyers over and over again, and they'd still have ships to spare. Hell, Executor class vessels could just ram the things and shrug off the damage. They've done so before. "

That borg ship (Sphere) is shot inside not on the outside. They got no shields or whatever they use to take shots.Why do you think Janeway let's them get captured inside if they could shot it up from the outside ? The Borg vessel traps Voyager inside and prepares to asimilate the crew and then Voyager shots its weapon from the inside. Something like in the SW ending when they shot the second DS from the inside out by destryoing that big power thing.
ALso as i said the borg can survive with no queen i belive this was stated in first contact. Hell they can find another. But this is irrelevant if that MMO states the borg got destroyed so let's drop it, soft cannon but meh. The borg are dead i can agree to that. I never got to play that Game so i realy had no idea. I just know the tv show and movies. 

Why do the borg don't stay immune to damage after they become immune to it ? Hell no idea but perhaps is because of diferent modulations on the weapons. There is a infinity modulation weapon that the borg can't adapt to it because of this. But realy i got no idea probably just to make a tv show. The thing is these futuristic torpedos where kept by the federation in stock and never used just because it was the only thing the borg never adapted to. It was like a last thing just in case. 

Now about the ram the ships thing. I don't see how they can do it. ST Ships are very manuverable and can go to warp and drop some way off and shot again. But yes i agree SW does have the numbers here. Also if they do ram the borg and the borg get's some people inside (teleporters) the ships would be bad for the empire. Once they adapt to the damage they would asimilate the ship and add whatever they got to the colective. 

Well going to sleep now perhaps i will add more tomorow.
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By MrDestroyer187

Im going with STAR WARS for the Win!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Erik

Star Trek!

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@erik said:
"Star Trek! "

Q solos?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Erik
@Pr_Beyonder said:
" @erik said:
"Star Trek! "
Q solos? "
Yup. But if he was too busy making life hell for Picard or Ben, then several other beings could. Like the entire species of the Metrons for example. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:
"That borg ship (Sphere) is shot inside not on the outside. They got no shields or whatever they use to take shots.Why do you think Janeway let's them get captured inside if they could shot it up from the outside ? The Borg vessel traps Voyager inside and prepares to asimilate the crew and then Voyager shots its weapon from the inside. Something like in the SW ending when they shot the second DS from the inside out by destryoing that big power thing."
This matters how? Borg have diffused systems throughout the ship. Of they adapted, they would have survived. If they had a hole in the ship, they'd survive. If they didn't have those systems on the inside and still pulled them in, then they qualify for the stupidest race ever, and SW can beat them on brains alone. 

"Why do the borg don't stay immune to damage after they become immune to it ? Hell no idea but perhaps is because of diferent modulations on the weapons. There is a infinity modulation weapon that the borg can't adapt to it because of this. But realy i got no idea probably just to make a tv show. The thing is these futuristic torpedos where kept by the federation in stock and never used just because it was the only thing the borg never adapted to. It was like a last thing just in case. "
Don't worry, I'll tell you why they couldn't adapt. They suck at it. Plain and bloody simple. Their reasons are irrelevant. All that matters is on screen evidence shows normal (non infinity modulated, which doesn't even exist on tv) weapons harm them quite normally. Not as good as super dedicated anti-borg weapons, but they get the job done.

"Now about the ram the ships thing. I don't see how they can do it. ST Ships are very manuverable and can go to warp and drop some way off and shot again. But yes i agree SW does have the numbers here. Also if they do ram the borg and the borg get's some people inside (teleporters) the ships would be bad for the empire. Once they adapt to the damage they would asimilate the ship and add whatever they got to the colective.  Well going to sleep now perhaps i will add more tomorow. "
Yeah, I dare you to show me a borg ship outmaneuvering anything. My point was to ram the borg with shields up. Exec's shields can take it. Normal star destroyers don't need shields. being hit by a mile long object traveling at standard velocity spells a critical existence failure for everyone involved. Borg or no Borg.
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SilverGalford

this is a damn stomp when Q snaps his fiinger and SW universe is removed from existence ... 

supergalactus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By supergalactus2

As a whole universe I vote star wars only because of the power that they have over star trek. Individual fights from the two would be different such as Q vs emperor palpatine or data vs general greivous or worf vs kit fisto.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Star Trek!!!!!
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By FinalStar86

What about Q ??

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#182  Edited By nefarious

Star Wars. 

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#183  Edited By Project_Worm

trekking across stars or having wars on stars what do you think is cooler

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Sylvain

Star Trek Win

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#185  Edited By Green ankh

Kirk would beat Han Spock over Luke Uhura loses to Leia Q and Vader would be intense klingons and sith be cool too

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#186  Edited By JamesKM716

Star Wars Wins.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By protectyournose

Star Wars Stomps.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xan84: actually no comparing both encyclopedias Star Wars has better weapons a fire spray is more powerful than any Star Trek ship also faster in Star Wars and the force could be used to overpower q as q are near gods in power but the force as a whole is stronger than comprehension

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

startrek wins.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By comic_book_fan

@redleader1:

no it's not Q could just snap them out of existence.

BeefiestName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By BeefiestName

No matter what this is spite in one direction or the other, totally depending on how you write the rules. And LOL at someone using the Force to stand up to Q. That's laughable to anyone with high knowledge of both universes. Q can change the laws of physics. Plus, there's not just one "Q" - there are many. There is a hierarchy in the continuum. The power of the Q can be granted or stripped as they choose.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously who necroed this

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: the force is more powerful it can do anything the q however mysterious has limits and the force can beat anything as long as it is willed to it always wins one way or another it will be there. Also you can't always count on q and who says it might not have come grime the force or join it start learning Star Wars stuff if you want to hate on it. This should also be between the sides military's and any Star Wars one is better

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redleader1:

star trek ships are better the only advantage starwars has is the force.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: nope using the st and sw encyclopedia a firspry is stronger faster and has better shields than the best ship ever recorded in st it's a fact looking at statistics also the fastest and enterprise e can go is not as fast as the highest the falcon has been recorded

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By comic_book_fan

@redleader1:

how fast is that

the enterprise can go 7,912 the speed of light.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Gracetrack

I love both, but Star TREK wins.

The Force is not going to be enough to stand up to the fleets and the pure coordination of the Trek universe. This is particularly true when it comes to the Federation, the Borg, and the Dominion.

Edit: Oh, and Trek has the Q continuum... as others have noted. Star Wars really has no adequate response to that, from what I've seen.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: I'm forgetting write now the site that did the comparison had star destroyer in the name that's all I might be wrong about the falcon but at least a acumallator can out race it

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers