Star Wars vs Mass Effect

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthbane77

Mass Effect: All races are allied, both Citadel and non-Citadel. Shepard and crew are taking part in the conflict, (crew from ME 1). Shepard is a Vanguard. (No Reapers/Collectors)

Star Wars: This is Darth Revan's Sith Empire (this makes it more even because ships were smaller at Revan's time than during the Galactic Empire's time). The Sith have use of the Star Forge to create ships and war droids.

This is not a single battle, this a full on war, the Sith invade the ME galaxy.

Does the ME universe drive the Sith back, or does Revan's empire conquer the ME universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with smaller ships the star wars fleet out does the mass effect fleet in damage, shields, etc. Revan was actually quite an excellent general and strategist so this actually tips it in the Sith Empire's favor even more. Point is though Star wars wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know much at all about Mass Effect, but I'll say this; there's no shame in losing to Darth Revan. He's quite legitimately one of the best military tacticians in Star Wars and has precognition stretching months in advance on top of that.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sith stomp

Draukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

paragon shepard makes all the sith commit suicide...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: ILS the avg starship gun fires 38 kilotons worth of damage in mass effect lol. Reapers do fire bigger stuff, but it barely breaks into megatons.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Star wars wrecks.

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

If all races are allied does this include the Reapers? They would significantly increase ME's firepower.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@jacthripper: They're really not all that big on average. This is the Destiny Ascension, the pride of the Citadel's fleet. It's fairly large but it's not like they have fleets of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: well biggest overall dreadnoughts are the Geth dreadnoughts and they are

Geth dreadnought: 1190m idk long and not very high.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e46df20c7e13
deactivated-5e46df20c7e13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If all races are allied does this include the Reapers? They would significantly increase ME's firepower.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Trust me man, I know everything there is to know about Revan (that sounded kinda douchey, it wasn't meant to be though) Revan is my favorite character in all of Star Wars, still though you have to admit ME would have a better time taking on a 600 meter Interdictor class vessel than a a nearly 3000 meter Eclipse class star Destroyer, (or even a normal imperial class cruiser for that matter).

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremthor: I actually just updated the battle a little bit to answer this question, Reapers and Collectors aren't included.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then SW wrecks, infinite supply of ships and all...

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eisenfauste

SW spits out their gigatons of damage and tears through the ME forces.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: Just because your a fan of him and think so, doesnt mean you do. Darth maul is my favorite star wars character and I did tons of research this doesn't mean ik everything about him. Even if you do, that's just one side of the thread. Mass effect can't really do jack to the star wars. Size doesn't always matter, however as I've argued before it does in the Star wars universe and the mass effect universe. In turn though the star wars still out do them by quite a margin.....

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: Just because your a fan of him and think so, doesnt mean you do. Darth maul is my favorite star wars character and I did tons of research this doesn't mean ik everything about him. Even if you do, that's just one side of the thread. Mass effect can't really do jack to the star wars. Size doesn't always matter, however as I've argued before it does in the Star wars universe and the mass effect universe. In turn though the star wars still out do them by quite a margin.....

This. Especially without Reapers.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starwars crushes them?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars wins this, higher firepower/damage output and durability by a landslide, that means that those smaller SW ships are going to be putting out firepower that surpasses the Reapers themselves who are pretty much the only ones on the ME side that matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroy the Mass Effect generators to divide the ME universe. Star Wars goes system to system destroying their separated fleets

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer: Star Wars obviously wins, their starship guns fire in the Gigatons whereas Mass Effect ships cap out near the high Kiloton ranges. Clear spite.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars wins this, higher firepower/damage output and durability by a landslide, that means that those smaller SW ships are going to be putting out firepower that surpasses the Reapers themselves who are pretty much the only ones on the ME side that matter.

Aaaaannnnd I just realized that the Reapers aren't included here..................yeah Star Wars stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Geth hack everything the Sith bring.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Yeah I took a nap and came back only to see that and knew that even the small sliver hope the Reapers represented had been ground to dust.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@paragonnate:I also wondered about the tech being too advanced.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti: Heck the various astromech droids on the SW ships would probably have a field day taking apart the Geth, probably turn it into a game of some sort. Like "First droid to fry one million geth wins" or "i bet I can make more of their ships crash into each other than you"

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars stomps easily.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: The Normandy SR 2 was able to disable a Collector ship though (after getting all of those upgrades), so any ME ships with those kind of upgrades could pose a threat to the Sith, don't get me wrong I think Star Wars would win as well, I just think it would be more drawn out fight than you seem to, to be honest though I don't know a crap ton about ME tech just enough to know that ME could hold their own for at least a couple of years before the Sith ended them. Once again I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, if I did. Your response just seemed a little aggressive is all, of course I could have just read it like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: What has the collector done to show it can be a threat? It's hits could barely hurt the Normandy, let alone like its gonna hurt something bigger and better shielded. Reapers are close to the sith or closest to the sith due to their focused fire powerful, but even still it doesn't matter Star wars ships are still throwing megatons worth of damage while ME including SA is only throwing literally 64 kiltons worth of damage that's their biggest weapon. They can't fight someone head on, and with Revan as the leader I doubt they could even mount a serious defense.

I understand, I wasn't claiming u were, I was claiming because you know one side well this doesn't mean you know the other side, just as well. A lot of people mistake how awesome Mass effect is and put it into fights it'd get raped at. Yes it's better than having them face the empire by far, but still the sith empire is able to win without much difficulty imo.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yeah, my friends and I kinda hype up ME a little bit much I guess. It seems I'm not the best at coming up with these vs scenarios.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draukin: Revan was also incredibly charismatic, add that on top of Revan's ability to influence a person's mind and I think Revan would have a new elite soldier on his side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: ur right are fine, but you allowed fanboys to try and tell u that mass effect is one of the "toughest" sci fis there is. I mean heck we had fanboys trying to say they'd win against 40k and other serious sci fis. Mass Effect I will say is a great game, with some good creative thought put into it. However, as a sci fi tier it's not very strong at all. My suggestions for them is that they are low tier sci fi and should hang around that area, other examples of low tier sci fis are for armies ( take note not all but at least some ) are Marvel live action movies, Dc live action movies, Starship trooper movies, UNSC, Fall out, Dune ( IIRC been a while since i played the game/watched the movie/read the book ), Aliens/predators/colonial marines ( on ground predators are quite high though same can be said with the rest, but overall their low sci fi compared to others per say. ), Terminators, etc. Now I understand not all these necessary have spacecraft nor well advanced weapons and so on, but they all fit in this area and such and are decent over all there is more, but these are the baseline ones in the sense they are a threat, but nothing on the scope of the Galactic Empire, Vong, Imperium of Man, Covenant, Forerunners, Borg, Federation, etc.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the ground, Mass Effect would win, their personal weaponry and abilities are superior

But unless they have the Reapers, they wouldn't be able to survive in space. Maybe with the Quarian fleet they could do something... But not much.

And of course as any real strategist knows, and the Reapers know, keeping people out of space severely harms their chances of winning in a galactic war.

Star Wars wins unless you have the Reapers, and even then they'd only win because of the massive boost to numbers, and the indoctrination that could turn Revan's own forces against him.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Thanks for the suggestions, and also pointing out the actual science behind the firepower of Star Wars ships, I didn't have much knowledge about that.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biotics is the poor man's force.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darthbane77

@conner_wolf: Remember though that Revan's empire utilized thousands of dark force users, that alone gives Star Wars an advanatge, plus the force users are trained to resist mental attacks so indoctrination wouldn't effect most of them, even Sith soldiers were trained to an extent to resist mental attacks, just not as much as a force user. As for the reapers, they are about the same size as an interdictor class Sith cruiser and they don't have nearly the same amount of firepower and shielding, Reapers really wouldn't be able to do much damage, although they are the only ones that could put up a fight for an extended period of time.

Beniboybling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Beniboybling

Well ME does have biotics who can prove just as powerful as Dark Jedi . And we are talking potentially millions of them. Personally I feel that ME will overwhelm them through sheer numbers, with the entire galaxy that means billions and billions of life forms. The Star Forge will be an issue but Shepard & co. could probably sneak aboard and destroy it, crippling their production capabilities.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phlox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Revan Sith Empire that had the starforge (endgame dark choice Revan) also had Bastila Shan's elite battle meditation at its disposal.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about ground forces, but star wars ships wreck. I won't say SW is more advanced in every way. But their ships have vastly more firepower and durability. Ground forces won't mean anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: No problem, and yeah they can destroy cities or at least a couple flag ships and so on, which for mass effect it took a few reapers to take out london and as everyone has pointed out reapers are way above the normal guns for the SA and non council races.

MasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Revan was a master of the single lightsaber as well as a master of space and ground tactics, using the Star Forge Revan created an unlimited amount of fighters and cruisers, as well as combat droids. Revan's Empire was mostly made of human soldiers, he also had hundreds of Jedi turned to the dark side (Dark Jedi). These Jedi followed Revan into the Mandolorian war as well as the Jedi Civil war. Revan's Empire had outnumbered the Galactic Republic and was obliterating them.

Mass Effect has plenty of species that are in the billions, The alliance is a all human military, It's navy had seven fleets, each with 20-30 cruisers and a few dreadnoughts, their marines had Avenger-8's and a lower class of N7 Armour. Their military has a advance spec ops group called N7. the N7 were high ranking soldiers with promising skills and were good as leaders. The citadel houses the counsel of races that came before the others, Turians, Asari, and Salarians were the first. Turian's have the most powerful fleets in all of the galaxy, Asari were a all female race with biotic powers (like the force in some ways) and the salarians are the smartest race in the galaxy.

In a full on war with out the Reapers and collectors, It'd be a long and tough battle. Commander Shepard would be the leader of the military advancements and he would need to gather all of the species before it's too late. Revan would see Shepard as a moderate threat and would target him for himself. Revan's empire would dominate space with larger ships and powerful turrets on those ships. The ground battles would differ, Krogan's would be the toughess ones Revan would have to deal with, any other would be a problem but the battles will be 50/50 in the end it matters if Shepard can out think Revan and if Malak Betrays Revan like in the game.