• 188 results
#1 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

All combatants are at their primes and have their standard gear.

All battles must result in a death and are random encounters unless otherwise specified.

1) Boba Fett vs. Deathstroke

2) General Grievous vs. Wolverine

3) Darth Sidious & Luke Skywalker vs. Superman (not Prime One Million) & Wonder Woman

4) Abeloth vs. Martian Manhunter

5) The Ones (Father, Son, Daughter) vs. Darkseid

6) Jango Fett vs. Batman

7) Yoda vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

8) Mace Windu & Count Dooku vs. Hulk (Bruce Banner)

9) Darth Bane vs. Iron Man (Round 1: No Orbalisk Armor - Round 2: Bane has Orbalisk Armor)

10) Exar Kun vs. Carnage (Cletus Kasady) (Carnage can't bond with Kun)

11) Darth Maul vs. Spider-Man (Maul has an extremely durable bowstaff instead of a lightsaber)

12) Darth Vader vs. Captain America & Black Widow & Hawkeye (the team gets a week of prep. time)

13) Darth Caedus vs. War Machine

14) Revan & Darth Malak vs. Apocalypse

15) Darth Sion & Darth Nihilus vs. Magneto

Fight takes place here:

No people are present in the city; just the combatants.

Who wins what battles? Does the winner stomp?

#2 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

1. My money's on Boba to win 7/10.

2. If lightsabers can cut through adamantium (doubtful), Greivous should win, otherwise Wolverine takes it.

3. For now I'd say Superman and WW take it 6/10.

4. Martian Manhunter 8/10.

5. Darkseid 7/10.

6. Probably Batman, 7/10.

7. GL.

8. Hulk 9/10.

9. Iron Man 6/10.

10. Exar Kun stomps.

11. Maul 8/10.

12. Vader 6/10.

13. Caedus.

14. Apocalypse 8/10.

15. Sion and Nihilus 7/10.

DC/Marvel take most matches IMO.

#3 Edited by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Boba, only because of superior weapons and sensors. If Deathstroke gets close, Boba loses.

2. Grievous. The lightsaber / adamantium thing is irrelevant. Grievous is faster than Wolverine; I simply don't see Wolverine tagging him.

3. Palpatine / Luke.

4. Abeloth

5. The Ones.

6. Could go either way.

7. Yoda.

8. Mace / Dooku.

9. Iron Man.

10. Kun.

11. Maul.

12. Vader.

13. Caedus.

14. Apocalypse.

15. Sion / Nihilus.

#4 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Thanks for the input. I have a couple questions, though.

1) Could Palpatine and Luke beat Supes and WW physically or do they only win because of TP?

2) Despite me also feeling like the Ones can take DS, could they really? I don't have a picture on me, but Darkseid effortlessly opened portals to different universes with his bare hands. He's also solo'd the Justice League of different universes without much of a problem. It's also pretty much common knowledge that he can destroy Superman easily. Are the Ones really that powerful?

3) Is Yoda's TK better than Hal's? I'm not too well versed with either characters, but I do know that Hal can move planets with his ring. Can Yoda stand up to that? Or does he win via TP? Also, is Yoda fast enough to keep up with Hal?

creds to @ghostravage

4) Can Mace and Dooku do anything to actually hurt Hulk, never mind kill? I feel like his regen. speed is simply too fast.

5) Are you kidding me? I mean, Iron Man beats Bane even with his Orbalisk Armor on? Hasn't that thing tanked lightsaber strikes before? Hasn't he completely flattened a huge temple with the Force alone while wearing the armor? Dayum... is Iron Man really that powerful? He seems to beat every Jedi/Sith I put him up against!

@shootingnova

@dccomicsrule2011

And what do you guys think about this?

#5 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: I'm guessing your not really an EU guy and that's fine so i will take it you don't know Abeloth and The Ones because you really have to know the EU to know about them because TCW barely touches on them and that's it for popular media with them. But basically they "embody" a side of the force... The Ones are: The Father, The Son, and The Daughter and Abeloth is kind of like "The Mother" but I'm really tired right now and don't feel like explaining much so i suggest you google them to get some info on them.

#6 Edited by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio
@edude117 said:

@jedixman: Thanks for the input. I have a couple questions, though.

1) Could Palpatine and Luke beat Supes and WW physically or do they only win because of TP?

Sure. They're fast. Now Superman is faster, but Luke and Palpatine are capable of potentially tagging them, especially when Superman doesn't utilize his combat speed as well as he probably should./

@edude117 said:

2) Despite me also feeling like the Ones can take DS, could they really? I don't have a picture on me, but Darkseid effortlessly opened portals to different universes with his bare hands. He's also solo'd the Justice League of different universes without much of a problem. It's also pretty much common knowledge that he can destroy Superman easily. Are the Ones really that powerful?

I believe it was an amped Darkseid that opened portals like that.

The Ones are supposed to be the supreme beings in Star Wars, from what I understand; omnipotent. So yes, if what is said about them is to be believed, they are definitely strong enough.

@edude117 said:

3) Is Yoda's TK better than Hal's? I'm not too well versed with either characters, but I do know that Hal can move planets with his ring. Can Yoda stand up to that? Or does he win via TP? Also, is Yoda fast enough to keep up with Hal?

Hal can't move planets with his ring. The best I can recall is him helping Superman move Earth, but the they struggled intensively, and they were not fighting at the time.

Yoda's combat speed > Hal's combat speed. Note: travel speed and combat speed are different. Obviously Hal can travel between planets faster than Yoda. But Yoda is faster than Hal.

@edude117 said:

4) Can Mace and Dooku do anything to actually hurt Hulk, never mind kill? I feel like his regen. speed is simply too fast.

None of them scans showed Hulk getting decapitated, which Mace and Dooku should be capable of doing. They're certainly fast enough.

@edude117 said:

5) Are you kidding me? I mean, Iron Man beats Bane even with his Orbalisk Armor on? Hasn't that thing tanked lightsaber strikes before? Hasn't he completely flattened a huge temple with the Force alone while wearing the armor? Dayum... is Iron Man really that powerful? He seems to beat every Jedi/Sith I put him up against!

It's not about that. It's about the fact that Iron Man can fly and do what he wants from any distance he wants. Maybe Bane's TK is good enough, maybe it's not.

He didn't flatten the temple with the armor. That was pre-armor. The armor is near-indestructible, except for a few weak points near the joints. Its weakness is electricity, which will kill the beetles that make up the armor, which release toxins into the wearer's body. I believe Iron Man does have electronic weapons.

I don't think he'd beat people like Caedus, for the sole reason that Caedus is fast enough to blitz before Iron Man can get in the air (Caedus' speed has matched Grandmaster Luke)

#7 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Sure. They're fast. Now Superman is faster, but Luke and Palpatine are capable of potentially tagging them, especially when Superman doesn't utilize his combat speed as well as he probably should.

1) Would a lightsaber harm Superman at all? Wonder Woman? Apparently, lightsabers are quite cold. According to dccomics and ghostravage, they can't cut through Hulk or Adamantium. So would they be of any use? 2) Could Sidious or Luke create a Force Shield around themselves that's powerful enough to tank hits from Superman and Wonder Woman? 3) Since everyone we're using is at their prime (no Superman Prime One Million -____-), can't Superman fight at speeds just a little below the Flash? Oh, and, I forgot to put this in there, but morals are off so I'm sure Superman would use his fighting speed as effectively as possible.

Hal can't move planets with his ring. The best I can recall is him helping Superman move Earth, but the they struggled intensively, and they were not fighting at the time. Yoda's combat speed > Hal's combat speed. Note: travel speed and combat speed are different. Obviously Hal can travel between planets faster than Yoda. But Yoda is faster than Hal.

My bad, you're right. That's what I meant, but I forgot that Superman was there. Didn't MMH help them as well? And that's interesting. I didn't know Yoda was that fast... or that Hal was that slow.

None of them scans showed Hulk getting decapitated, which Mace and Dooku should be capable of doing. They're certainly fast enough.

I made a thread a while back where I put Yoda up against Hulk and Yoda lost miserably because, according to what the general consensus was, he literally could do nothing to hurt Hulk. That included decapitation. Dccomics said that it would take dozens and dozens of strikes from a lightsaber to maybe decapitate Hulk. Now, I personally didn't want to let my SW fanboyism get in the way, so, based on the scans and everything, I assumed that to be true. Can Mace and Windu really decapitate him? Also, couldn't the two just crush one of Hulks internal organs? I mean, I can't think of anything that prevents them from doing so.

#8 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: lol i remember that hulk thread. I was arguing about the Lightsabers vs. Adamantium.

#9 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Yeah. I dunno, man. This is getting confusing. The whole Lightsaber vs. Anything Outside of Star Wars debate seems like an endless one that yields zero accurate results. Y'know, maybe if comicbook heroes were just a little bit consistent, this wouldn't be so damn hard.

#10 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by The_Imperator (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117 said:

3) Darth Sidious & Luke Skywalker vs. Superman & Wonder Woman

6) Jango Fett vs. Batman

9) Darth Bane vs. Iron Man (Round 1: No Orbalisk Armor - Round 2: Bane has Orbalisk Armor)

11) Darth Maul vs. Spider-Man (Maul has an extremely durable bowstaff instead of a lightsaber)

12) Darth Vader vs. Captain America & Black Widow & Hawkeye (the team gets a week of prep. time)

1) Good match, Fett has the air advantage, but Deathstroke should have the close combat advantage. This one's a toss up

2) General Greivous should be able to win if it's bone claw, but Adamantium means that Wolverine won't actually every fall, since Greivous can't cut through him

3) What era Luke and what era Palpatine?

4) Hmmm, Abeloth is cool and all, but MM's telepathy is pretty ridiculous. I don't know enough about MM to call this.

5) Darkseid

6) Jango Fett has range, but this is pretty much the same as match 1. Toss-up

7) Green Lantern has range, but Yoda has TP and is pretty fast. Depends on who strikes first.

8) Hulk can tank anything they dish out at him, and they will wear out. Hulk

9) What version Iron Man? Hasn't current Iron Man tanked a nuke or something with only partial shields? I think Iron Man can take this, though Force grip is the one way I see Bane winning. So Iron Man 7/10, since Bane usually goes for lightsaber combat IIRC.

10) Kun

11) Spider-Man. Webbing at range is a serious threat to a Maul without a lightsaber.

12) With prep couldn't they just get Iron Man armor? Seems a tad unfair.

13) Caedus, unless War Machine is more powerful than I thought.

14) I don't know enough about Apocalypse to say

15) Magneto

#12 Posted by jwalser3 (4829 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Deathstroke

2) Wolverine

3) Darth Sidious & Luke Skywalker

4)Martian Manhunter

6) Jango Fett

7) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

8) Hulk (Bruce Banner)

11)Spider-Man

12) Darth Vader

I don't know some of the SW characters so I can't say.

#13 Posted by ShootingNova (16063 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedixman said:

1. Boba, only because of superior weapons and sensors. If Deathstroke gets close, Boba loses.

2. Grievous. The lightsaber / adamantium thing is irrelevant. Grievous is faster than Wolverine; I simply don't see Wolverine tagging him.

3. Palpatine / Luke.

4. Abeloth

5. The Ones.

6. Could go either way.

7. Yoda.

8. Mace / Dooku.

9. Iron Man.

10. Kun.

11. Maul.

12. Vader.

13. Caedus.

14. Apocalypse.

15. Sion / Nihilus.

I agree with this except for the last one. Nihilus probably won't register Magneto - while Sion really can't do anything.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with this except for the last one. Nihilus probably won't register Magneto - while Sion really can't do anything.

Perhaps. Although Magneto shouldn't be able to defeat Nihilus, and Magneto can't kill Sion (though I guess he can KO him).

#15 Edited by ShootingNova (16063 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I don't see how Nihilus can't get defeated. For one, Magneto could draw Sion's saber and just kill Nihilus by simplistic attack - and Sion has no way of tagging Magneto and has no feats with TK or other abilities. In fact, he has no feats except for some off-panel killing of Lonna Vash, who is featless. I would think that Sion got struck down, rose up, and then killed Vash - in any case Sion is next to featless.

#16 Edited by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I don't see how Nihilus can't get defeated. For one, Magneto could draw Sion's saber and just kill Nihilus by simplistic attack - and Sion has no way of tagging Magneto and has no feats with TK or other abilities. In fact, he has no feats except for some off-panel killing of Lonna Vash, who is featless. I would think that Sion got struck down, rose up, and then killed Vash - in any case Sion is next to featless.

I highly doubt Nihilus will just stand there and let Magneto strike him down with Sion's blade.

All that we know about Vash's death is that she was a prisoner at the time (she was in the torture cage, if memory serves).

#17 Edited by ShootingNova (16063 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Yeah - but somebody uploaded some fight scene between the two that I think was in the TSL : RP. Whatever - it's worthless even if it is a feat.

About Nihilus - I honestly think Nihilus would find Sion more attracting than Magneto - but of course if he deemed Magneto worthy of an actual fight, he would kill him via Lightning, Drain and TK - I just don't see him even registering Magneto - and the effects of his presence-weakening ability is simply not sufficient to factor into this. And honestly, Nihilus hasn't shown the reaction/speed feats necessary to really do much to stop Magneto.

So it's really a matter of whether Nihilus actually deems to notice Magneto. Sion is really irrelevant.

#18 Edited by Stroker_Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedixman said:

I had to sign up for an account just so I could reply to this.

How is the lightsaber/adamantium debate irrelevant? If a lightsaber cant cut through adamantium then Grievous cant hurt Wolverine and Grievous is faster than Wolverine? Now that is irrelevant. Wolverine has beaten the likes of Speed Demon and Quicksilver. This fight ends with Grievous as nothing but a pile of scrap metal.

#19 Posted by Stroker_Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres a shot of Logan tagging Speed Demon.

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (16063 posts) - - Show Bio

@stroker_ace: He's referring to this speed, I think:

(5:00) onwards.

#21 Posted by Stroker_Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats no where near as fast as Speed Demon and as I mentioned b4 Logan was able to tag him. Speed aside, Logan can tank anything that Grievous can dish out.

#22 Posted by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

It has to do with his ability to consistently contend with Jedi on a regular basis.

#23 Posted by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt this not allowed?

#24 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: Interesting thread idea....

Boba Fett. He weapons are far better then to DS, but as JXM said, if DS get's close it's going to be all she wrote for Boba.

General Grievous stomps. He is so much faster then Logan.

3) Darth Sidious & Luke Skywalker vs. Superman & Wonder Woman

Palpatine and Luke. Team DC has no answer for their telepathy.

Abeloth. The fact she was stated to be 12 more powerful then Luke being the main reason.

Though they lack feats, I'm going with the Ones here. The Farther could probably solo

6) Jango Fett vs. Batman

Jango Fett stomps. Batman is going to be hard press to hurt him.

Hal Jordan. I don't see how Yoda could win here.

Mace and Dooku.

Iron-Man wrecks both rounds.

Exar Kun stomps.

Maul Stomps Pete with ease.

Vader stomps.

Jacen.

Apoc wrecks

Nihilus solos.

#25 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the idiot saying that wolverine would win against Grievous?

#26 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with what @dccomicsrule2011: said.

Oh by the way DC lol i think i scared your bro cause he hasn't responded yet. Lol

And man is it nice to see everyone giving Kun some love. He's my fav

#27 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Stroker_Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@beezlebub said:

Who's the idiot saying that wolverine would win against Grievous?

This guy right here. Please explain to me how in the hell Grievous would beat Wolverine? Ive given great reasons as to why Wolverine stomps him. One person argued that Grievous was to fast for Logan which is completely rediculous as Ive pointed out that Wolverine has beaten speedsters such as Speed Demon, Quicksilver and Gorgon, all of whom are faster than Grievous and if a lightsaber can't cut through adamantium, I dont see how Grievous hurts him.

Ive given my reasons as to why I think Logan wins, so instead of calling me an idiot please give reasons as to why you think Grievous would win.

#29 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@stroker_ace: He was able to elbow Speed Demon because he timed it right. It's the same idea as Superman or Doomsday catching the Flash. He moves waaayyyy faster than Superman and Doomsday combined, but they time everything out right to be able to catch him while he's sprinting. That doesn't make them as fast as Wally. Also, Speed Demon can run at a maximum of 160 miles per hour. Grievous runs faster than that. Grievous is much faster and has much shorter reaction times than Wolverine and Speed Demon. His feats prove this. He is able to stand up to multiple Jedi Masters at once and is even regarded as one of the best Jedi hunters in SW history, second only to Vader. And, to be honest, there's no real need for timing there. Wolverine was swinging wildly in that scan so I'm sure that was just a lucky shot.

@dccomicsrule2011: Nice list. I mostly agree.

The only thing is, after doing a little research, I'm hard pressed to believe that a lightsaber can melt through adamantium. I don't doubt that Grievous' reflexes are faster and that he would be able to beat Logan in a fist fight (minus the claws, of course), but his four main weapons might not really have much of an affect on Wolverine. So it'd be weaponless Grievous vs. Wolverine and his claws and I'm almost positive that Wolverine's claws will slice through Grievous like butter. That being said, despite me reeeeeaaally wanting Grievous to win, he just might not. I mean, a lightsaber is hot and all (like I said previously, hotter than the surface of the sun by thousands of degrees), but not hot enough to melt down adamantium which has withstood nuclear bombs before (even movie version Wolverine has done this). Then again, haven't there been comics where Wolverine melts in lava?

Same thing goes for Hulk. After that Yoda vs. Hulk thread, I highly doubt that even the two of them with their fighting prowess and raw Force power combined could take Hulk down. Sure, they're a helluva lot faster than him and have more powers, but Hulk will heal any bodily injury they cause in a matter of seconds. Extreme injuries in minutes. A single question remains, though: could they crush one of Hulk's organs or are they too durable? I mean, couldn't they just hold Hulks heart via TK and prevent it from beating then just pretty much wait 'till Hulk drops dead?

And as for the Palp & Luke vs. Supes & WW fight, could they take them without their potent TP? JediXMan says they could. I'm not exactly sure. I mean, I know Luke has nanosecond reaction time and Palpatine comes very close to that, but don't Superman and Wonder Woman have shorter reaction times than even that? And isn't WW the best fighter in the DC universe?

Also... wow. The Ones seem to be some powerful ass Force users. Or Force Wielders, as they're called. I'm assuming you read what I posted earlier on DS. If they can beat that then.... woah. That's very impressive. Are they anywhere else besides the Clone Wars series?

And, by the way, couldn't Yoda just TP the hell outta Hal? Yoda's one of the most impressive TP users in Star Wars history. And JediXMan says Yoda's faster than Hal in terms of fighting. I'm not too well versed in either of the characters to draw a conclusion, so what do you think? I mean, Yoda did stand up to Palpatine in that lightsaber duel pretty well...

#30 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117:

Nice list. I mostly agree

Thanks.

The only thing is, after doing a little research, I'm hard pressed to believe that a lightsaber can melt through adamantium.

That's nothing new to me..

I don't doubt that Grievous' reflexes are faster

Based on feats they are. Grevious has overwhelmed Obi-Wan, who has blocked blaster bolts from and entire army of droids. That alone surpasses anything done by Wolverine. Star wars characters on the General's level can see the world as if it stood still and are in the mach 5 + range. Wolverine has nothing on the General when it comes to speed.

but his four main weapons might not really have much of an affect on Wolverine.

Not really. Even if he can't cut through Wolverine's Unbreakable skeleton (which he can't) he could still damage Logan's arteries and organs to incapacitate him. If fact, IIRC Kain has done it to Wolverine before by stabbing his heart. I could be wrong though.

Maybe @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek , @jashro44, @god_spawn or @wolverine08 could shed some light on that.

Same thing goes for Hulk. After that Yoda vs. Hulk thread, I highly doubt that even the two of them with their fighting prowess and raw Force power combined could take Hulk down. Sure, they're a helluva lot faster than him and have more powers, but Hulk will heal any bodily injury they cause in a matter of seconds. Extreme injuries in minutes.

True. But I would like to know is can Hulk heal from Decapitation? Mace has thrown 6 blows in an eye flick and Dooku should be capable of doing the same, from research i have found out that it takes the average human eye 1/10 of a second to blink. That being said, if Mace and Dooku could keep up the rapidity ( 6 blows in a eye flick) They should be able to hit him 60 times in a second. Now imagine 120 aiming straight towards Hulk's neck.....That should, in all likely hood Decapitate Hulk. Truth be told, I never even thought about that in the other thread.

A single question remains, though: could they crush one of Hulk's organs or are they too durable?

I doubt it.

And as for the Palp & Luke vs. Supes & WW fight, could they take them without their potent TP?

I think they could, though with out TP I think the latter could take the majority.

Luke could BFR Diana's Lasso and Bracelet via Fold Space. Palpatine could possibly damage them both with Force Storms. Luke could also beat them both up with TK that is in the million ton range. Since a Lightsaber is a piercing weapon, it could cut through Diana. And even if either one of them on team DC does defeat Palpatine they have no way of banishing is spirit to Chaos.

I mean, I know Luke has nanosecond reaction time and Palpatine comes very close to that, but don't Superman and Wonder Woman have shorter reaction times than even that?

Nope. Superman and Wonder Woman only fly at relativistic speed; Luke and Palpatine actually fight/react at speeds nearing those velocities.

And isn't WW the best fighter in the DC universe?

Nah. they're several fighters in the DC Universe that are superior to Diana....I would not even place her in the top 5. But that doesn't really matter here anyway.

Also... wow. The Ones seem to be some powerful ass Force users. Or Force Wielders, as they're called.

They don't have many feats...But we do know they're supposed to be immortal and it was stated that they have the power to rip the space/time continuum.

Also the Father was confirmed to be the most powerful Force powered being in the Star wars Universe; even more powerful then Abeloth who was stated, by the omniscient author to be 12 more powerful then Luke Skywalker in the Force.

I'm assuming you read what I posted earlier on DS. If they can beat that then.... woah. That's very impressive. Are they anywhere else besides the Clone Wars series?

I don't think they are. Though they're several things said about them in FOTJ series IIRC.

And, by the way, couldn't Yoda just TP the hell outta Hal?

I doubt it. Hal has some degree of telepathic showings. He has allowed Hector Hammond into his mind and basically told him to "GTFO" I don't if Yoda's TP would be a problem for Hal.

And JediXMan says Yoda's faster than Hal in terms of fighting. I'm not too well versed in either of the characters to draw a conclusion, so what do you think? I mean, Yoda did stand up to Palpatine in that lightsaber duel pretty well...

I think normally he does. But Hal can amp his reaction/combat speed with his ring. Yoda only chance is a speed blitz, which I don't think the latter could pull of before Hal vaporizes him.

#31 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: You're correct. Kaine was able to use his stingers to shred Wolverine's heart nearly in two and take him out temporarily. The fight was semi-staged, but the feat is still very valid.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (40508 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I don't know sh%t about Star Wars, but if this General Grievous guy is indeed as statistically higher than Wolverine in terms of speed as you say, then he could indeed incapacitate him through ripping his heart or organ systems if he is fast enough to blow by Logan's defenses. Won't be easy if he isn't fast enough if he isn't fast enough. Just FYI, Kaine did indeed incapacitate Wolverine by ripping his heart out, but James let him do that. He was supposed to intentionally lose that fight.

#33 Edited by Stroker_Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117

I wasnt trying to say that Wolverine was as fast as a Speed Demon or Quicksilver, I was just using them as examples of speedsters Wolverine was able to beat because a couple of users said Grievous would win because he was too fast for Logan. I know that Logan was only able to hit guys like these because he timed his strikes, which is what he would have to do with an opponent the like of Grievous. Wolverine is a master in almost every form of martial arts and experienced in every fighting style on Earth. He has bested the likes of Captain America ans Shang-chi in hand to hand combat. Wolverine could beat Grievous without even taking out his claws.

#34 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for Grevious.....

Throws blows faster then thought

Grievous stayed right with him , attacking before Obi-Wan could even realize exactly what was happening ,attacking faster than thought--

-Taken from Revenge Of The Sith

Grevious has overwhelmed the defenses of even Obi-Wan, who has deflected blaster bolt from an entire army of droids:

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-- sixteen per second, eighteen -- until finally at twenty strikes per second he overloaded Obi-Wans defenses

An instant later the Force had him hurtling through a storm of blasterfire as every combat droid in the control center opened up on him at once. Letting go of intention, letting go of desire, letting go of life, Obi-Wan fixed his entire attention on a thread of the Force that pulled him toward Grievous: not where Grievous was, but where Grievous would be when Obi-Wan got there...

Leaping girder to girder, slashing cables on which to swing through swarms of ricocheting particle beams, blade flickering so fast it became a deflector shield that splattered blaster bolts in all directions, his presence alone became a weapon: as he spun and whirled through the control center's superstructure, the blasts of particle cannons from power droids destroyed equipment and shattered girders and unleashed a torrent of red-hot debris that crashed to the deck, crushing droids on all sides.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Throws invisibly fast blows:

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move faster then the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and his lightsber vanished: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed speed, an imitation quantum event

Wolverine ain't touching Grievous in the speed department.

#35 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: You're correct. Kaine was able to use his stingers to shred Wolverine's heart nearly in two and take him out temporarily. The fight was semi-staged, but the feat is still very valid.

@dccomicsrule2011: I don't know sh%t about Star Wars, but if this General Grievous guy is indeed as statistically higher than Wolverine in terms of speed as you say, then he could indeed incapacitate him through ripping his heart or organ systems if he is fast enough to blow by Logan's defenses. Won't be easy if he isn't fast enough if he isn't fast enough. Just FYI, Kaine did indeed incapacitate Wolverine by ripping his heart out, but James let him do that. He was supposed to intentionally lose that fight.

Ah I see. Thanks guys. ^___^

#36 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Actually Wolverine was NOT expecting Kaine to shank him in the heart like that. He was going to lose, but that attack was fast enough that Logan was surprised by it, and said it was uncalled for. He was pissed at Kaine in the next issue because of it.

#37 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Very interesting. Thanks.

Now, I feel like I've been seriously overestimating Yoda this whole time. Are there any credible Yoda respect threads (or anything) around that'll give me a good idea of Yoda's true potential Force and dueling-wise? It's just, knowing that he's said to be the second most powerful Jedi in SW history, it seems silly how there's such an extreme gap power-wise between Luke and Yoda who are supposedly very close in terms of power. Luke can stand up to and, in most scenario's, beat Superman whilst Yoda can't even stand up to Hal Jordan, someone who's power, skill, and telepathic resistances are light-years below Superman's.

It's like 10--9---8---7----6--5---4----3-----2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. You know what I mean?

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117:

Very interesting. Thanks.

No problem. ^___^

Now, I feel like I've been seriously overestimating Yoda this whole time. Are there any credible Yoda respect threads (or anything) around that'll give me a good idea of Yoda's true potential Force and dueling-wise?

Silver has made a Yoda respect thread but it's nowhere near done finished yet.

It's just, knowing that he's said to be the second most powerful Force user in SW history,

it seems silly how there's such an extreme gap power-wise between Luke and Yoda who are supposedly very close in terms of power.

...I don't know where you got that from to be honestly. Luke is number 1, followed by Palpatine, then Yoda and then Jacen. That being said Yoda is still powerful. Luke is just Luke. lol.

it seems silly how there's such an extreme gap power-wise between Luke and Yoda who are supposedly very close in terms of power.

Yoda can't even stand up to Hal Jordan, someone who's power, skill, and telepathic resistances are light-years below Superman's.

Actually I disagree. Hal has better showing against TP then Superman has. In fact I think Hal would beat Superman for a majority, but that is another discussion for another day.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (40508 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: That's the thing. Not expecting. Meaning James most likely did not have his defenses up as much as he would if he were fully in the game. He really did not think Kaine was going to do something like that to end the fight. Maybe he was thinking he would fake a KO or something. I'm not saying that Kaine being fast enough to blow by Wolverine defense's and rip out one of his organ systems isn't valid, but in the last few months, I've seen people who just pick up that scan and haven't actually read Scarlet Spider Vol 2 #17 go: "LOL! Kaine ripped out Wolverine's heart while Logan couldn't do anything about it like a snail!", so I just wanted to clear up the context around it.

#40 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@stroker_ace: I don't doubt that Wolverine is a total badass, but so is Grievous. He's an amped up war hero that also knows tons of martial arts; martial arts, mind you, that are much more advanced than the one's Wolverine knows. Oh, and he has four freaking arms. He can move them so fast, not even experienced Jedi Masters can see them, i.e. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

#41 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Sorry, sorry. I meant Jedi. Not Force-user. Haha Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll go check out the Yoda respect thread.

#43 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Wolverine08 (40508 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Wolverine08 (40508 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by austinrollison (65 posts) - - Show Bio

all go to marvel/dc except for 8

#48 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Sorry, sorry. I meant Jedi. Not Force-user. Haha Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll go check out the Yoda respect thread.

lol Okay. =D

#49 Posted by JediXMan (30178 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117

I wasnt trying to say that Wolverine was as fast as a Speed Demon or Quicksilver, I was just using them as examples of speedsters Wolverine was able to beat because a couple of users said Grievous would win because he was too fast for Logan. I know that Logan was only able to hit guys like these because he timed his strikes, which is what he would have to do with an opponent the like of Grievous. Wolverine is a master in almost every form of martial arts and experienced in every fighting style on Earth. He has bested the likes of Captain America ans Shang-chi in hand to hand combat. Wolverine could beat Grievous without even taking out his claws.

And none of that matters when dealing with an opponent who is used to fighting people with precog, have better reaction speed, and have durability far greater than the people you have mentioned.

It's not about travel speed; it's about reaction speed. Also, Quicksilver has a terrible track record, so I don't know why he's worth the mention. Quicksilver is rarely noteworthy. In fact, his ability to defeat people is usually viewed as a negative toward the other person, not a positive for Pietro.

I had to sign up for an account just so I could reply to this.

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

How is the lightsaber/adamantium debate irrelevant? If a lightsaber cant cut through adamantium then Grievous cant hurt Wolverine and Grievous is faster than Wolverine? Now that is irrelevant. Wolverine has beaten the likes of Speed Demon and Quicksilver. This fight ends with Grievous as nothing but a pile of scrap metal.

Because Wolverine's skeleton only helps somewhat. Grievous can still slice Wolverine across the throat. Characters like Wolverine and Daken can be suffocated to death.

#50 Edited by Wolverine08 (40508 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

Because Wolverine's skeleton only helps somewhat. Grievous can still slice Wolverine across the throat. Characters like Wolverine and Daken can be suffocated to death.

Suffocation is still a theoretical way to kill Wolverine. He's had his throat ripped out and was thrown in ocean. Came back an hour later ready to go, and there was a reference in the same comic that James can't be drowned. It said the body will just heal faster. He was in a water tank for an extended period of time towards the end of Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force run and he got out alive. Daken got killed by being suffocated in a puddle in the second to last issue of the Uncanny X-Force run and people seemed to think that you could do the same to Logan. He's even noted that if you try drown him, he'd die, then revive again in an extended process. Then again, he was recently worrying about drowning in an ironically similar way to which his son pushed up daises in Paul Cornell's Wolverine run. The jury is still out as to whether Wolverine can be killed by means of suffocation/drowning to be frank.