Star Wars (Universe) vs Warhammer 40K (Universe)

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Battle Takes place in a empty Neutral Galaxy

Both expanded universes

All characters

Full scale war

VS

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShootingNova

Star Wars universe takes a massive beating but a few survive.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

LOL what have you done? A year ago on Heresy-online.net I had made this thread and had to come to the conclusion with 5 days of arguing (Me defending SW too to boot) that... 

A) SW can be united as Lucas Galaxy has shown tolerance and alliances. 40K is and always be Fractured. 

B) SW is still outnumbered but can effectivly work together.  

C) SW has the Force used to smash planets. 40K has the Warp for same effect. 

D) 40k has SMs, SW has Jedi/Sith in equal numbers during certain periods. 

E) SW Ships are easily as capable to 40K Ships. That was the biggest part of the Debate. 

F) SWs has AT-ATs and equvalants, 40K has Titans in more limited numbers. 

So the Debate is there Evenly match. SWs has a better chance fighting as a united Galaxy while 40K has such Numbers that infighting is not a auto Lost. There Tech is near same. The Force and Warp are near same. 

STALEMATE.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShootingNova

@CadenceV2 said:

LOL what have you done? A yea ago on Hersy-online.net I had made this thread and had to come to the conclusion with 5 days of arguing (Me defending SW too to boot) that...

A) SW can be united as Lucas Galaxy has shown tolerance and alliances. 40K is and always be Fractured.

B) SW is still outnumbered but can effectivly work together.

C) SW has the Force used to smash planets. 40K has the Warp for same effect.

D) 40k has SMs, SW has Jedi/Sith in equal numbers during certain periods.

E) SW Ships are easily as capable to 40K Ships. That was the biggest part of the Debate.

F) SWs has AT-ATs and equvalants, 40K has Titans in more limited numbers.

So the Debate is there Evenly match. SWs has a better chance fighting as a united Galaxy while 40K has such Numbers that infighting is not a auto Lost. There Tech is near same. The Force and Warp are near same.

STALEMATE.

I thought in some other thread they said that Warhammer Emperor can destroy or corrupt anything with a wave of his hand?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist
@ShootingNova
LOL whoever says that is flat out wrong. The Emperor was the Strongest Psyker. Hes dead now.... for 7K years hes been dead. His Psychic Presence is still around and its debatable if he can even do anything to any effect other than acting as a Psychic beacon in the Warp for Warp Travel. 

He was almost choked to death by a Ork Warboss till Horus saved him. Psychicaly I compare his TK at max effort = to Cable at his best. Thats max effort. His Telepathy at best is Xavier. His physical Body at best is Luke Cage to Marvel Ares. At best..... 

Hes bad ass and all as he should be but no one save the Chaos Pwers themselves are above Colossus/Thing lvl or say Storm in Energy power, or Cable at his best in TK/Telpathy.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@CadenceV2 said:

@ShootingNova: LOL whoever says that is flat out wrong. The Emperor was the Strongest Psyker. Hes dead now.... for 7K years hes been dead. His Psychic Presence is still around and its debatable if he can even do anything to any effect other than acting as a Psychic beacon in the Warp for Warp Travel. He was almost choked to death by a Ork Warboss till Horus saved him. Psychicaly I compare his TK at max effort = to Cable at his best. Thats max effort. His Telepathy at best is Xavier. His physical Body at best is Luke Cage to Marvel Ares. At best..... Hes bad ass and all as he should be but no one save the Chaos Pwers themselves are above Colossus/Thing lvl or say Storm in Energy power, or Cable at his best in TK/Telpathy.

Well, I don't know much about Warhammer. I certainly do know about SW.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uhnioin_1

Quite honestly, this is a rapefest. Jedi do not outnumber Space Marines. There are 1000 Chapters with 1000 Space Marines each. There are only appr. 15,000 Jedi. Including your pathetic Padawans.The fact that the Emperor is dead and stil holds up reality should tell you something. The fact that he was near death, yet released a psychic blast against Horus with the force of a sun shoudl say something. The fact that you can stand up in a starship cannon in 40k (Petatons) should say something. The fact that this is universe vs universe means that all forces in 1 universe vs all of the forces in another universe shoudl say something.

In short, this should say something. The Imperium of Mankind wipes the floor clean with the Empire, not even counting the other races.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uhnioin_1

To be more precise, blasters in Star Wars only leave small smoking holes in their targets. Lasguns in 40k vaporize entire limibs. Jedi can be killed easily by slugthrowers. Now imagine a diamond-tipped explosive slug that is supersonic being fired at you automatically and you realize what a Space Marine boltgun/pistol is. You say than an Imperial Star Destroyer can reduce a planet to slag in several hours. A virus bomb kills all life on a planet in minutes.

To be really honest, stormtroopers were killed by teddy bears. As much as I love Star Wars, Space Marines would toast Ewoks in the smoking ruins of Coruscant. And for more brutal realism, Star Wars was made for kids, Warhammer 40k is much too brutal to be.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sethlol

Taking out omnipotent gods, Necrons, Nids, (united) Orks could solo.

Star Wars is not able to compete with 40k which is just on another level.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

Are all the races in 40k united? If they are I see them pulling the win due to unrestrained warp.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kellar21

Hmm,after much thought I think 40K takes it,they just outmatch SW in every way:

-Ships.Star Wars biggest ships are like 12km long,40k biggest ships are said to be huge(can't really get a fix on exact numbers for their biggest but their cruisers are like 5 km and their Battlebarges are like 8km,their biggest would be battleships which are said to be between 8 and 30km(!!!)),said to be able carry Legions of Titans and Millions of troops( up to 3.000.000 per ship)With enough firepower that one single ship is able to glass a planet.Imperium but Death Star can be a problem

-Ground Battle.Let's Divide in 3 categories.

-Air-Well this one kinda of has me in doubt: Imperium Fury-Class Fighters are 60-70 meters 3 man heavily armored crafts equipped with lasguns,now the doubts would be,can blaster fire take down one of those? and can one of those line up to hit the squishy TIE-Figthers or X-Wings?

There's also Lightining Fighters which may be quicker and better armed that TIE's and X-Wings.Doubt

-Heavy Ground -Titans>>>>AT-ATs no doubt there but from a strategic standpoint do size and firepower count for more that mobility? think it does since IMO 1 Titans can take on 4~6 AT-ATs,which are not that mobile to begin with.Problem there would be to deploy them.Imperium

Medium-Dreadnoughts vs AT-STs(I think the Dreadnoughts got the advantage on firepower and armoring and maybe mobility) and Imperium Tanks vs Imperial Hover-Tanks(now here the Empire got the upperhand on mobility but Imperium tanks got the advantage on firepower).Imperium

"Light" Ground-Space Marines>>>>Stormtroopers,they are sturdier,faster and better armed than Stormtroopers,Imperial Guardsmen would be a better matchup and Lasguns>>>Blasters.Imperium

Now that's just accounting the Imperium vs Galactic Empire which was one of the most powerful military force ever,so add in the Eldar,Orks,Necrons and Tyranids and you'll have a slaughter,Force Users can't really help that much here short of the "Throws planet/star core at you" variant which are few and far between.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

Overall, this should be a stalemate. Omnipotent beings on both sides.

@Kellar21: @Strider92: @uhnioin_1: Explain how any of this has any use against omnipotence?

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

The Necrons just unleash some C'tan on Star Wars, who vastly outmatch the force users, and everyone dies horribly. Either that or the excessive tolerance and relative hedonism of star wars causes the entire star wars galaxy to plunge into a warp storm and everyone gets violently...you know...by Slaaneshi daemons.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@ShootingNova: Wait you're including omnipotent beings? Then yes its a stalemate. Normally in universe Vs universe threads Omnipotents aren't included if not there really is no point in making the fight.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kellar21

@ShootingNova

I don't think the OP has included omnipotent beings here otherwise this debate would be a moot point.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

@Kellar21 said:

-Ships.Star Wars biggest ships are like 12km long,40k biggest ships are said to be huge(can't really get a fix on exact numbers for their biggest but their cruisers are like 5 km and their Battlebarges are like 8km,their biggest would be battleships which are said to be between 8 and 30km(!!!)),said to be able carry Legions of Titans and Millions of troops( up to 3.000.000 per ship)With enough firepower that one single ship is able to glass a planet.Imperium but Death Star can be a problem

Biggest SW ships are 20 km long, and are also capable of slagging planets on their own. They're also OMGWTF faster.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

@Kellar21 said:

Biggest SW ships are 20 km long, and are also capable of slagging planets on their own. They're also OMGWTF faster.

The Imperium builds 15-20km ships to a much greater degree than the Galactic Empire does. Besides, the Imperium isn't the real threat here, it's the Necrons. Their basic guns can cripple an AT-AT fairly easily by 40k canon, their ships are so durable that entire fleets firing at one have done precisely nothing, and they have infinite speed drives, reality warping tech, an army of literal star gods under their command, millions of worlds, ridiculous regen for all of their soldiers, and time travel. A single Necron tombship could take on the entire battle of endor fleet, death star not included, and defeat it, they are literally that tough and have absurd levels of firepower. The only reason they haven't roflstomped everyone else in the setting is that most of them are inactive or out doing their own plans. If the entire Necron species reawoke and decided that Star Wars must die, there is literally no way anyone in Star Wars could stop them.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kellar21

@AtPhantom

What ship's are you talking about SSD's are the biggest ship the Empire could normally produce and they vary from 12~14km range(the one with a Super laser was bigger than the Executor)ships like Darksaber and those DS rip-offs are experimental at best.I don't think I've ever heard of a ship alone that could glass a planet in efficient time(like in W40K) in SW,bar Darksaber and DS rip-offs.And Hyperdrive tech is somewhat slower that Warp(but waaaaaaaay more reliable) and on manouver speed,SW's bigger ships are laughable manouvering them must be a pain.on W40K I they too have this problem.I think only SG and ST have capital ships which are manouverable(most of them could fly in circles around ISD's)

@Guardian_of_Gravity

Yeah Nekron tech is very advanced and their foot soldiers are cibernetic zombies with gauss cannons I've

The Red Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Red Menace

@Kellar21 said:

@AtPhantom

What ship's are you talking about SSD's are the biggest ship the Empire could normally produce and they vary from 12~14km range(the one with a Super laser was bigger than the Executor)ships like Darksaber and those DS rip-offs are experimental at best.I don't think I've ever heard of a ship alone that could glass a planet in efficient time(like in W40K) in SW,bar Darksaber and DS rip-offs.And Hyperdrive tech is somewhat slower that Warp(but waaaaaaaay more reliable) and on manouver speed,SW's bigger ships are laughable manouvering them must be a pain.on W40K I they too have this problem.I think only SG and ST have capital ships which are manouverable(most of them could fly in circles around ISD's)

@Guardian_of_Gravity

Yeah Nekron tech is very advanced and their foot soldiers are cibernetic zombies with gauss cannons I've

Except that Star Trek ships would be one shotted by 40k or Star Wars capital ships. So that maneuverability is moot.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22

How the hell are they going to stop the God Emperor of Mankind?

Avatar image for agent_california
Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Agent_California

@nick_hero22 said:

How the hell are they going to stop the God Emperor of Mankind?

They don't have to, the Necrons solostomp.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom

@Guardian_of_Gravity said:

The Imperium builds 15-20km ships to a much greater degree than the Galactic Empire does.

Irrelevant. if anything, the fact that the Empire can build ships smaller than but of similar power to the Imperium's (Both can slag planets) speak of the Empire's better technology. An SSD could probably burn through a couple of his Imperium equivalents with little problem. I'm not gonna bother talking about Necrons because it's an accepted fact that they rape everything. Ever.

@Kellar21 said:

@AtPhantomWhat ship's are you talking about SSD's are the biggest ship the Empire could normally produce and they vary from 12~14km range(the one with a Super laser was bigger than the Executor)ships like Darksaber and those DS rip-offs are experimental at best

Yes, the SSD is 19 kilometers long. Eclipse is smaller (17 kilometers) but more massive

@Kellar21 said:

I don't think I've ever heard of a ship alone that could glass a planet in efficient time(like in W40K) in SW,bar Darksaber and DS rip-offs.

Base delta Zero. Google it.

@Kellar21 said:

And Hyperdrive tech is somewhat slower that Warp(but waaaaaaaay more reliable)

LOL wut? Imperium's warp drive can get you across a galaxy in a year if the Gods are in a good mood. Hyperdrive can cross a galaxy in days. That isn't somewhat slower, that's running rings around Imperium's fleets like they're not even there.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kellar21

@AtPhantom

Hmm I researched the facts you put through,and I agree with most of them,the only two things I would like to debate is that SSDs can take on Battlebarges or Battleships it always seemed to me void shields and W40K armor were stronger than thier counterparts,correct me if I am wrong but Imperial Particle shielding(kinect force) is somewhat lacking.And the Hyperdrive galaxy in days I always believed it took weeks.

On Base Delta Zero-Wow,never heard of it,though I knew ISDs and such had the firepower,I always thought I would take something like a week.

Still either Necrons or Tyranid soloes,SW don't have an answer to neither.

_The_Ant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _The_Ant_

I'm fully convinced that the Necrons are more or less HAX in galactic level play.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uhnioin_1

To be honest, you didn't read what I said. Or maybe I didn't post it yet. Either way, I'll tell you this. An Imperial Star Destroyer and a 40k ship of the same length to NOT output the same amount of energy per salvo. To be very clear. Actually, I would like you to tell me the output of a turbolaser. Because a main battery in a 40k ship shootes petatons of energy.

Unless you can tell me that turbolasers are impressive, it won't matter that your ships are mobile. Your planets aren't. Your Coruscant isn't. And if it's universe vs. universe, it should be accepted that the Chaos forces would corrupt EVERYTHING in the Star Wars universe, while Imperium Warp travel becomes a whole lot safer. oh. And daemonic incursions will happen only to Impies. And based on the impressiveness of Stormtroopers and the lack of the Emperor's protection, I'd say 5 Bloodletters could kill everybody inside an ISD.

Feel free to smack me for saying so, but universe vs universe Warhammer 40k stomps because they outnumber Star Wars, blasters are really pathetic, and NECRONS/TYRANNIDS.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom

@uhnioin_1 said:

To be honest, you didn't read what I said. Or maybe I didn't post it yet.

Are you a time traveler?

@uhnioin_1 said:

Because a main battery in a 40k ship shootes petatons of energy.

Eeeeeeevidence? I can show you scans from ICS which peg a turbolaser at 200 gigatons per shot. I kinda doubt Warhammer ships can do much better than that with their regular weapons.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uhnioin_1

And this for torpedoes/missiles:

The torpedo types employed by the Imperial Navy include:

• Plasma Warheads - These explosives are the standard armament for Imperial torpedoes. These systems are designed to blast through a starship's armoured hull, using their high speed to punch deep into the target vessel. The plasma reactor that powers a torpedo's drive forces it deep into the bowels of the ship and then overloads, contributing to the fury of the warhead's detonation. This reduces complexity, making their manufacture simple. Thus, these torpedoes are the staple of Imperial Navy warships.
  • Melta Warheads - These weapons are even more feared by starship captains than standard torpedoes. Mercifully rare and extremely brutal, Melta Warheads detonate a precisely-organised series of Melta charges upon impact with a target, burning through hull plating and consuming sections of the vessel's interior in a roiling conflagration.
  • Virus Warheads - In cases when a vessel must be captured intact, but the target's crew are considered expendable, Virus Warheads are considered an ideal solution. Pirates more interested in inert cargo, salvage, and the possibility of expanding their fleet lust after these rare and unstable armaments.
  • Vortex Warheads - Only a few remaining Forge Worlds still maintain the technological craftsmanship to manufacture these rare weapons. The Vortex Warhead is not a crude explosive charge, but an arcane device that tears open a rent in the very fabric of reality, consigning vast chunks of its target to the Warp. The swirling energy within this tear in the fabric of reality immediately draws all matter in its blast radius through it, leaving gaping wounds in the target vessel. When attacked by these torpedoes, word of these horrifying weapons spreads like wildfire through target crews.
  • Boarding Torpedoes - More manned spacecraft than torpedo, these torpedoes fulfill a comparable role to that of assault boats. However, boarding torpedoes are less manoeuvrable and less armoured than assault boats. To offset these flaws, they are also much smaller targets. The crews of a boarding torpedo are able to make minor adjustments to the torpedo's flight path.

Basically, the vortex warheads are things that send 1/2 of your ISD into the Warp. It was nice knowing you.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#28  Edited By Outside_85

@AtPhantom said:

Irrelevant. if anything, the fact that the Empire can build ships smaller than but of similar power to the Imperium's (Both can slag planets) speak of the Empire's better technology. An SSD could probably burn through a couple of his Imperium equivalents with little problem. I'm not gonna bother talking about Necrons because it's an accepted fact that they rape everything. Ever.

@Kellar21 said:

I don't think I've ever heard of a ship alone that could glass a planet in efficient time(like in W40K) in SW,bar Darksaber and DS rip-offs.

Base delta Zero. Google it.

@Kellar21 said:

And Hyperdrive tech is somewhat slower that Warp(but waaaaaaaay more reliable)

LOL wut? Imperium's warp drive can get you across a galaxy in a year if the Gods are in a good mood. Hyperdrive can cross a galaxy in days. That isn't somewhat slower, that's running rings around Imperium's fleets like they're not even there.

I would point out that the Imperium, in case they find it necessary to exterminate the population of an entire planet, they tend to resort to bombing the place with virus and bacteria. The Traitor Legions do the same only modified on occasion, the Death Guard has one that makes zombies for instance. Abbadon, the premier champion of the Chaos Gods, however has the Planet Killer as one of his capital ships of his fleet, and it's a more mobile Death Star.

As for hyper/warp drive...thats just travel speed.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uhnioin_1

Orbital Bombardment

An orbital bombardment from Imperial warships is the simplest means of carrying out an Exterminatus, as it can be done solely through the conventional firepower already available to the Imperial Navy. The power of an orbital strike can range from small precision strikes, not unlike that of modern surface-to-surface missiles, to the unleashing of full thermonuclear blasts. Typically, specialised munitions are used, designed to destroy all life on a planet's surface and potentially any entrenched even in the planet's crust.

Virus Bombs

Imperial Virus Bombs release a special virus known as the Life-eater Virus that was genetically designed to quickly spread and destroy all organic cellular structures it infects, reducing all planetary life, whether flora or fauna, to an undifferentiated organic sludge of biochemicals. This process of cellular decay also produces huge volumes of flammable gases as a by-product, which is later ignited and turns the atmosphere into a firestorm that usually takes out whatever life may be left. Only those who may have escaped into especially-deep underground shelters can survive a Virus Bomb attack. The population of Tallarn managed to escape complete destruction this way, but their once-verdant world was forever transformed into a desert. Virus bombs are known for their extreme speed; in the fiction surrounding the Horus Heresy, they completely wiped out Istvaan III's entire population of 16 billion people in only minutes.

Cyclonic Torpedoes

Cyclonic Torpedoes are much more immediate in action than virus bombs, having enough power to ignite a planet's atmosphere following their detonation. The blast radius is large enough to be seen from space and the detonation powerful enough to crack a planet's crust and destabilise its core. Only the forces of the Inquisition and the Adeptus Astartes are known to have access to Cyclonic Torpedoes and can use them to order an Exterminatus.

Two-Stage Cyclonic Torpedoes

Two-Stage Cyclonic Torpedoes, which are a more exotic form of the standard Cyclonic Torpedoes, are the most common of a special class of rare Exterminatus weapons, designed for use against atmosphere-less or biologically-void worlds (NecronTomb Worlds being the main example). These torpedoes possess two-stage warheads: The first stage is an unusually powerful Melta Charge that bores straight through a planet's surface all the way down to its core. The second stage is a modified Cyclonic Charge that destabilizes it, in most cases physically destroying the planet from the inside out.

Tell me again how great your Death Star is. Just kidding. Anyways, a Base Delta Zero command doesn't seem as impressive as a Cyclonic Torpedo, a Two-Stage one or just a virus bomb. *lights up the atmosphere=fireworks*

And on Warp vs Hyperdrive speed, I will concede that it has been written that a Hyperdrive-equipped starship can do in several hours what it takes a Warp-drive one 6 years. Still doesn't matter, you don't be running circles around us. No engagements happen in Warp/Hyperspace. With the exception of daemonic incursions. *shudders* Moreover, the ranges of weapons are different, as many missiles in 40k actually use a Warp accelerator to get closer, only slowing down so it can bypass Void shields. Like I said before, your ships can hyperdrive, but your planets can't. You can't simply move the Galactic Empire out of the way of a Grand Cruiser.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uhnioin_1

, feel free to flame me for stating my points.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sethlol

@uhnioin_1 said:

• Plasma Warheads - These explosives are the standard armament for Imperial torpedoes. These systems are designed to blast through a starship's armoured hull, using their high speed to punch deep into the target vessel. The plasma reactor that powers a torpedo's drive forces it deep into the bowels of the ship and then overloads, contributing to the fury of the warhead's detonation. This reduces complexity, making their manufacture simple. Thus, these torpedoes are the staple of Imperial Navy warships.
  • Melta Warheads - These weapons are even more feared by starship captains than standard torpedoes. Mercifully rare and extremely brutal, Melta Warheads detonate a precisely-organised series of Melta charges upon impact with a target, burning through hull plating and consuming sections of the vessel's interior in a roiling conflagration.
  • Virus Warheads - In cases when a vessel must be captured intact, but the target's crew are considered expendable, Virus Warheads are considered an ideal solution. Pirates more interested in inert cargo, salvage, and the possibility of expanding their fleet lust after these rare and unstable armaments.
  • Vortex Warheads - Only a few remaining Forge Worlds still maintain the technological craftsmanship to manufacture these rare weapons. The Vortex Warhead is not a crude explosive charge, but an arcane device that tears open a rent in the very fabric of reality, consigning vast chunks of its target to the Warp. The swirling energy within this tear in the fabric of reality immediately draws all matter in its blast radius through it, leaving gaping wounds in the target vessel. When attacked by these torpedoes, word of these horrifying weapons spreads like wildfire through target crews.
  • Boarding Torpedoes - More manned spacecraft than torpedo, these torpedoes fulfill a comparable role to that of assault boats. However, boarding torpedoes are less manoeuvrable and less armoured than assault boats. To offset these flaws, they are also much smaller targets. The crews of a boarding torpedo are able to make minor adjustments to the torpedo's flight path.

Basically, the vortex warheads are things that send 1/2 of your ISD into the Warp. It was nice knowing you.

Pretty much.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kellar21

Hmm,I think Stormtrooper's armors are sealed against chemical attacks, but the rest pretty much tears them appart.I've always taken those "200 gigatons" output with caution as I seriously doubt they've shown that kind of firepower,now,I coulçd make that whole argument about how ships that can take one hit of that without melting should be able to take on almost anything that space has to offer from asteroids to suns with or without shields.And we know they don't bu putting all that aside,W40K still wins,even with "only" the Imperium of Man,they simply outnumber and outgun the Empire and are much more brutal and accustomed to large scale war.Now you add the Tyranids and Nekrons and we've got a stomp.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

For the omnipotent stuff, alright then.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

@nick_hero22: Ask him Nicely "Please dont sexually abuse us GEoM."

After the new Horus Heresy Novels came to light I rate the GEoM Alot higher these days.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MasterJohn

Can't Yoda.. Palpatine(ugh) Luke, the Ones, Abeloth, etc survive this?

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@MasterJohn said:

Nope, the Necrons unleash the C'tan who are like an army of Mini-galactuses(galacti?). Nobody survives. Either that or the Jedi get possessed by Chaos Daemons the instant the warp spreads to them as they have zero defenses against Chaos. The Void Dragon for example, was a C'tan who took a massive bombardment of planet busting shots of it's own weakness, and all that did was make it feel a little sleepy.

Of course, the Necrons and Chaos are essentially HAX at this level of play. Especially since the Necrons have casual time travel and frighteningly powerful reality warping technology. The only reason they haven't conquered 40k is largely PIS and the fact that most of them are still dormant.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MasterJohn

@The_Ice_Hunter said:

@MasterJohn said:

Nope, the Necrons unleash the C'tan who are like an army of Mini-galactuses(galacti?). Nobody survives. Either that or the Jedi get possessed by Chaos Daemons the instant the warp spreads to them as they have zero defenses against Chaos. The Void Dragon for example, was a C'tan who took a massive bombardment of planet busting shots of it's own weakness, and all that did was make it feel a little sleepy.

Of course, the Necrons and Chaos are essentially HAX at this level of play. Especially since the Necrons have casual time travel and frighteningly powerful reality warping technology. The only reason they haven't conquered 40k is largely PIS and the fact that most of them are still dormant.

I'm sure Abeloth, espiscally The ones could survive..Couldn't Palpatine wormhole them?

Help me out please?

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@MasterJohn said:

@The_Ice_Hunter said:

@MasterJohn said:

I'm sure Abeloth, espiscally The ones could survive..Couldn't Palpatine wormhole them?

Help me out please?

Except that the C'tan can pretty much say "LolPhysics" and come back at infinite speeds, then devour the sun and play pinball with planets. The Nightbringer for example, personally killed so many living beings that he etched himself into the minds of the entire Galaxy as the image of the grim reaper and personally beat a fear of death into all forms of life. And he isn't even the most powerful C'tan.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MasterJohn

Daughter could destroy the C'tan...These are omnipotent beings...

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ice_Hunter

@MasterJohn:

They can time travel and just stop her from existing. Only the Necrons, who had their own crazy reality warping tech, could keep the C'tan down.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MasterJohn

@The_Ice_Hunter said:

@MasterJohn:

They can time travel and just stop her from existing. Only the Necrons, who had their own crazy reality warping tech, could keep the C'tan down.

Yeah, we need another battle with this, either Winsome Witch vs these guys or Professer Paradox vs these guys.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@MasterJohn said:

Daughter could destroy the C'tan...These are omnipotent beings...

The Ones are not omnipotent.

@The_Ice_Hunter said:

@MasterJohn:

Counting the Bedlam Spirits, they would stalemate the Chaos Gods or whoever else is omnipotent in Warhammer.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AtPhantom

@uhnioin_1 said:

None of this say anything about how powerful these things are. Obviously none of them are single shot ship killers so the question still remains: Just how powerful are they?

As for Exterminatus weapons, they're not tactical weapons so I'll disregard them.

@Outside_85 said:

As for hyper/warp drive...thats just travel speed.

Is that all? Higher travel speed means an imperial fleet can perform ten different mission and bomb dozens of different planets while the Imperium's fleet is still stuck in transit to one. That's a gigantic advantage.

@uhnioin_1 said:

I think I was quite civil so far.

The Red Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The Red Menace

One thing to keep in mind, the emperor struggled mightily to fight a single shard of the void dragon.  Let me repeat that, a solar system buster, had trouble, with one shard of a C'tan.   The necrons can reunite the Void dragon who could take over the technology of star wars and shut it all down or simply reality warp anything they have out of existence and the galactic empire wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it because only warp power or reality warping tech can hurt a C'Tan

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uhnioin_1

@uhnioin_1 said:

I think I was quite civil so far

, yeah I know. But just in case. Because I have been pulling out a lot of the "strong points" of 40k. Anyways, a likely thing that would happen is that EVEN IF the Star Wars universe destroys 40k (Not likely) the Chaos Gods will remain. Without the Emperor, corruption, pestilience, blood and death would slowly consume. The 4 Chaos Gods (Chaos United) corrupted even Horus, I have no doubts that Khorne would feed off the Dark Jedi/Sith's emotions. The Chaos Gods are purely of emotion, so killing them. Is impossible.

uhnioin_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By uhnioin_1

, s that all? Higher travel speed means an imperial fleet can perform ten different mission and bomb dozens of different planets while the Imperium's fleet is still stuck in transit to one. That's a gigantic advantage.

You don't understand. Each planet has it's own orbital defence fleet (Planetary Defence Force), as well as: "Imperial Defence Monitors are dedicated defensive vessels incapable of interstellar travel crewed by Imperial Navy personnel that are designed to engage enemies who are intent on attacking a world or Imperial static installation like a space station. Since such an enemy must approach directly and closely to the planet they intend to assault with ground forces, Defence Monitors do not need much speed or maneouvreability. This allows Defence Monitors to link most of their power generation systems to armaments rather than engines, including a Lance and a Battleship-caliber weapons battery with enough firepower to threaten even a capital ship."

Also, the Vortex torpedoes are close to single shot killers because of the fact that they actually teleport a section of your ship to the Warp. And it won't survive. Also, being 60 meters long (the torpedo itself) you can assume that a torpedo to the bridge of an ISD/SSD equals death. Boarding torpedoes would probably hold several hundred guardsmen/tanks/SPEEZ MAHRIENS so that would also doom your ship. Not even Darth Vader can block 3 Space Marines spraying promethium fire/diamond-tipped explosive rounds.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#47  Edited By Outside_85

@AtPhantom: But not in a straight up fight.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nick_hero22

@CadenceV2 said:

@nick_hero22: Ask him Nicely "Please dont sexually abuse us GEoM."

After the new Horus Heresy Novels came to light I rate the GEoM Alot higher these days.

What can he do now?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom

@uhnioin_1 said:

, s that all? Higher travel speed means an imperial fleet can perform ten different mission and bomb dozens of different planets while the Imperium's fleet is still stuck in transit to one. That's a gigantic advantage.

You don't understand. Each planet has it's own orbital defence fleet (Planetary Defence Force), as well as: "Imperial Defence Monitors are dedicated defensive vessels incapable of interstellar travel crewed by Imperial Navy personnel that are designed to engage enemies who are intent on attacking a world or Imperial static installation like a space station. Since such an enemy must approach directly and closely to the planet they intend to assault with ground forces, Defence Monitors do not need much speed or maneouvreability. This allows Defence Monitors to link most of their power generation systems to armaments rather than engines, including a Lance and a Battleship-caliber weapons battery with enough firepower to threaten even a capital ship."

You think an Imperial fleet couldn't handle the freaking PDF? Give me break.

@uhnioin_1 said:

Also, the Vortex torpedoes are close to single shot killers because of the fact that they actually teleport a section of your ship to the Warp. And it won't survive. Also, being 60 meters long (the torpedo itself) you can assume that a torpedo to the bridge of an ISD/SSD equals death. Boarding torpedoes would probably hold several hundred guardsmen/tanks/SPEEZ MAHRIENS so that would also doom your ship. Not even Darth Vader can block 3 Space Marines spraying promethium fire/diamond-tipped explosive rounds.

Your own wiki quote states that these torpedoes only leave gaps in a vessel, not outright kill it. Yeah, going to the bridge of an Star Destroyer would result in death. Good thing there are plenty of other places it can go to and not result in death.

@Outside_85 said:

@AtPhantom: But not in a straight up fight.

Hey, straight up fights are not nearly the most important part of a war.

The Red Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Red Menace

Here's something we have to consider, as society in star wars is, in comparison to 40k, both incredibly tolerant and hedonistic, wouldn't the entire star wars galaxy plunge into the warp like the Eldar Empire did?