fenderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fenderek
No Caption Provided

Team 1: Luke Skywalker (Swarm War), Cilghal (FotJ), Kyp Durron (LotF)

Team 2: Darth Bane (DoE), Darth Zannah (DoE), Darth Tenebrous (he has no era lol), Darth Plagueis (TPM)

Area: Senate Rotunda (Ep III)

Distance: 50 meters

Every better known predecessor of Sidious, the man with whom Rule of Two was destroyed by Luke. Can Luke and his successors of the new era cut down the most important predecessors of the old era?

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cilghal is pretty much a non factor. Luke and Kyp clear.

fenderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put her out of curiousity, to be honest. She has some pretty decent Force feats and could extract amazingly small particles using the Force, but she's unknown to me in other cases.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I see tenebrous plagueis and skywalker as the major players here

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Kyp Durron would beat either Bane or Zannah one-on-one but will be beat by either Darth Plagueis or Tenebrous.

Cilghal could possibly hold off Zannah or Bane for a decent enough time, but would lose every time.

But Luke on the other hand, could beat Plagueis and Tenebrous combined each and every time, via being superior in everything.

Luke's team 10 out of 10.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

Cilghal is just going to lose to everybody, every time. She did defeat Saar handily enough, and Daala considered it a stomp, but then, Sothais was never impressive in the first place.

Kyp Durron could beat either Bane or Zannah, but not sure about both at once. Kyp and Cilghal together could beat Darth Bane and Zannah, whilst Luke beats Plagueis and Tenebrous in a reasonably good fight. If it's the other way, Cilghal gets wrecked, Kyp loses to either Tenebrous or Plagueis in a good fight, and Luke wrecks both Bane and Zannah in a slaughterhouse, then proceeds to aid his team and beat the other two Sith before either Cilghal or Kyp go down.

The only problem is that this is specifically Swarm War Luke, not NJO Luke in general, because whilst the DN trilogy was set in the end of the NJO era, it was written by somebody who hadn't written material from NJO - Troy Denning. I am fairly certain I had this discussion with Silver once - but in short, the events of the NJO caused Luke to realize he should stop holding back in fights, but Denning's late NJO and Legacy era works tend to include Luke doing just that. The Dark Nest Trilogy borders on the Legacy era and is written by the same author as several of those Legacy novels, and in the Legacy era, Luke is horrifically inconsistent.

Swarm War Luke could be holding back and make the fight more difficult, but he certainly isn't losing, and he can sense the potency of his opponents anyway, so he should still win every time.

Luke's team 10/10.

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xxAcid_spitxx

@shootingnova: I really hope Disney does not screw Luke up in the new trilogy.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eisenfauste

Cilghal is going to get wrecked here.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxacid_spitxx: J.J. is a huge SW fan I don't see him messing up Lukes character. Future director's most likely will seeing as one of them is the director that put together Chronicle.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cilghal is going to get wrecked here.

She would, but Kyp and Luke's presence will prevent that from happening.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: cant wait to see mark hammil play a badass luke

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eisenfauste

@shootingnova: I honestly still see her going down and it really depends on who she faces first if its tenebrous or plageuis she will be beaten before she can even think especially since Luke and Kyp will have their hands full. Zannah should beat her in a 1v1 situation while Kyp will be able to handle Bane. Again if things are switched she will be beaten by Bane while Kyp beats Zannah.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: Fingers crossed I hope he still can pull of Luke.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@eisenfauste: Luke won't have his hands full. He can very likely win this fight by himself. Absolutely nobody in team 2 have any skill feats to even place themselves in the same league as Luke, and Luke should be able to sense that Plagueis and Tenebrous are the more powerful Sith, which will almost certainly lead to him facing the the later Banite Sith.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Luke is notgoing to be taking Tenebrous and Plageuis down in a few slashes. Their speed, strength, and skill will keep them in the battle long enough to keep him tied up.

whilst Luke beats Plagueis and Tenebrous in a reasonably good fight.

If you think he beats them in a reasonably good fight how isn't he going to be tied up?

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Luke's teams knows how to defend themselves against Tenebrous' Essence Transfer, so probably a stalemate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Where did I say he would take them down in a few slashes?

Yes, he can solo. Bane and Zannah can't react, and neither Plagueis nor Tenebrous are in Luke's speed class. They can react, but they'd only be able to defend themselves which they could only sustain for so long. They can do nothing to stop Luke from speedblitzing Bane and Zannah, and then Luke beats them both.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Luke's teams knows how to defend themselves against Tenebrous' Essence Transfer, so probably a stalemate.

Luke's Senses are powerful enough to detect Tenebrous. It depends on who Tenebrous uses it on. If he uses it on Luke, he should be able to resist. Not sure about the other two.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You said he won't have his hands full. I assure you hands will be filled facing Tenebrous and Plageuis. Regardless the tangent I was going on is that Luke and Kyp won't be able to stop Cilghal from being killed in this situation......which they won't. Point is it doesn't add anything to this thread.

Team 1 should take the majority.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Hmm. Plagueis might not have as powerful Force senses as Luke, but he's more knowledgable of midi-chlorians and their functioning. I could see Tenebrous possessing Luke. Not really sure though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: In other words, you failed to elucidate on your position and instead chose to reiterate your already obvious standpoint. You'll need to do much better than just say your opinion again if you want me to believe you.

I already explained why Tenebrous and Plagueis alone can't detract from Luke's ability to affect the other fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: I strongly doubt that. Plagueis was unable to detect them by virtue of insufficient Senses alone. Luke, whom is vastly more powerful than Plagueis, can certainly do so. And Luke's willpower vastly exceeds Tenebrous's, so possession is extremely unlikely. Luke also knows Art of the Small, which will allow him to enter the same level as Tenebrous's maxi-chlorians, or enter an even smaller state in the Force, and then expel them from his body and into the same time loop he suffered in The Tenebrous Way.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Intrepid37

@shootingnova: You didn't address Plagueis' expertise on midi-chlorians compared to Luke's though. It could possibly make up for his lesser Force senses.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You didn't address Plagueis' expertise on midi-chlorianscompared to Luke's though. It could possibly make up for his lesser Force senses compared to Luke.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: How would that help him detect the maxi-chlorians, which he didn't even know of, much less expel them? And I'm fairly certain Luke has just as much midi-chlorian knowledge. He also had access to Plagueis's entry in Book of Sith, to memory.

And possession won't be happening. Tenebrous couldn't possess Plagueis, only live inside his body undetected, and he planned to jump into Anakin's body when he was newly born and vulnerable. If he can't seize utter control of Plagueis, then he wouldn't seize control of Luke at all.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Because of Plagueis' intimate knowledge of midi-chlorians and how they function, he would be better at sensing them. And I didn't say he would control of Luke, so not sure why you're bringing it up.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: You said possession, which means control.

And again, Luke's midi-chlorian knowledge should be just as adept, not that it would matter because neither Plagueis nor Luke knew about maxi-chlorians. Your assumption that he would be better at sensing them is still unfounded, and Luke Senses are still vastly superior, which is more than enough to compensate for the knowledge disparity, of which I am not even convinced of (Luke got hold of the Book of Sith, which included Plagueis's midi-chlorian entries).

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: That should be enough for a team 1 win every time.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I suppose Luke by ''Swarm War'' (lol) is sufficient to beat Plagueis?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: What's so funny about "Swarm War"?

And yes, Swarm War is the last novel in the Dark Nest trilogy, which is the last novel in the NJO era - NJO is where Luke's famed feats take place (ie. manipulating dovin basal singularities via TK).

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: LOL. Womb and swarm. I can't see a similarity between those, other than they both have "W" and "M". Do you find another words with those letters to be funny?

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I think it's the W that does it in conjunction with the rest of the letters. :P

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: What about waka, then? :P

Anyways, let's stop derailing the thread. We have reached a conclusion.