Star Wars-Duel of the Featless (Read OP)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

OK, so I decided to see what would happen if I posted a battle between two teams of characters that are "featless", and see which "featless" characters are better.

In this case, its the Jedi Masters Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow from the HD Old Republic trailers Vs. Rahm Kota and Kazdan Paratus from TFU.

Round 1 is at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant

Round 2 is on Raxus Prime

For what precious little the former two have to their name, see these videos:

Note his dual-wielding a double-bladed lightsaber with a regular one, holding his own against two Sith Lords simultaneously, and at one point force pushing one of said Sith Lords back quite a bit. He also pretty casually hurls some medium-sized pieces of rubble at Darth Malgus.

Now for Ven Zallow...

Managing to trade blows with Darth Malgus for a while, force pushing an opponent back a little bit, and effortlessly cutting down two Sith Warriors while engaged in a duel with someone else.

As for Rahm Kota, he doesn't really do ANYTHING with a lightsaber of note beyond losing to Starkiller, but he does actually have some Force feats: in his duel he liberally uses lightsaber throw, and also causes a massive TIE Factory to lose its orbit over Nar Shadda and plummet. Not a bad TK feat in my book.

Like Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus doesn't have any lightsaber feats of note, but his TK feats are pretty impressive. Able to create "junk golems" and also the larger Junk Titans via the Force across a pretty vast distance and controlling several at once to have them attack intruders, and also animating his Jedi Temple replicas to have them fight alongside him against Starkiller. So in effect he's like a Jedi Puppetmaster.

All this in mind, who do you think wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided
JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By JamesKM716

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2 Team 2

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Yep, I thought so too. Personally the way I see it, Team 1 is better in terms of lightsaber combat but has nothing on Team 2 in terms of TK, as both Kota and Paratus actually do have good TK feats. Kao Cen Darach's aren't bad, but Ven Zallow's only TK feat is one measly Force Push that wasn't even very impressive. So lightsaber-wise T1 wins, Force wise, T2 wins in what could very well be a stomp.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: That, and Paratus has really good feats for Raxus Prime.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By steelhound56

Round 1 goes to Darach and Zallow. THey cut Kota and Paratus to ribbons. Both have far superior saber feats compared to the Force Unleashed pair

Round 2 goes to Kota and Paratus. Nothing Zallow or Darach has shown can compare to the TK feats of Paratus and Kota

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@steelhound56: Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what I thought, although I must ask: why can't Kota and Paratus win a TK fight in Round 1?

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By steelhound56

@shroudofsorrow: At standard starting distance, both Darach and Zallow could augment their speed with The Force and close the gap before Kota or Paratus could do anything with TK.

In simplest terms the battle goes like this...

Saber Duel: Zallow and Darach easily

Force Battle: Paratus and Kota

All Out Battle: I'm leaning Zallow and Darach, due to far superior saber feats, and enough Force Power to at least defend themselves from telekinetic assault while closing the distance.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@steelhound56 said:

@shroudofsorrow: At standard starting distance, both Darach and Zallow could augment their speed with The Force and close the gap before Kota or Paratus could do anything with TK.

In simplest terms the battle goes like this...

Saber Duel: Zallow and Darach easily

Force Battle: Paratus and Kota

All Out Battle: I'm leaning Zallow and Darach, due to far superior saber feats, and enough Force Power to at least defend themselves from telekinetic assault while closing the distance.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Esquire

I have to say, SWTOR cinematics are pretty much the greatest thing I've ever seen. And 3 lightsaber blades for one person? Awesome.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Esquire: Yeah, they are pretty cool. I'm hoping the sequel trilogy will have visuals like these. Because if nothing else there will be that.

So who do you think wins anyway?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Esquire

@shroudofsorrow:

I have to agree with the consensus, that Team 1 wins round 1 and Team 2 wins round 2.