star wars bad guys vs DC/Marvel team

izbighulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By izbighulk

star wars team :Darth Bane,Darth Sidious,Darth Krayt,Exar Kun,Malak,Revan,Darth Sion,Darth Nihilus,Count Dooku,Darth Maul,Naga Shadow,Kreia

vs

DC/Marvel team :Ironman,Human Torch,Cyclops,Invisible Woman,Wolverine,Warmachine,Hal Jordan,Cyborg,Raven,Lightning Lad,Deathstroke,Cable,Daken,Green Arrow,Professor Xavier,Saturn Girl

fight is on earth

Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Doctordark

star wars team wins

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DieHard200904

@izbighulk: I would say Star Wars team, in this scenario. Your selected DC/Marvel Team lacks some of the serious heavyweights to counteract some of the Telepathic/Telekinetic powers of the more powerful Sith/Jedi on your Star Wars team.

Darth Sidious cannot be underestimated. His telepathic resistance is pretty high up there, given that he could interact face to face with Jedi Masters like Yoda and Mace Windu and not get recognized as a Sith Lord, so in this aspect, he's a powerful specimen of resisting telepathy, perhaps similar to Magneto's resistance to Charles Xavier. Human Torch is good, but against plenty of force-wielders, one could TK flames, and torch away from them, much like a starship of greater mass and speed.

Again, since you gave EU Sith Lords, you openened a bigger can of worms here in terms of feats and power. EU force-wielding allows for powers such as force storm, which let you generate a powerful vortex which can BFR plenty of the DC/Marvel heroes. Again, not to be confused with powerful force lightning.

You mentioned Darth Nihilus, which you may wish to exclude given his capacity to drain an entire planet of life just to give himself extra force power. Again, powers of combined sith Lords can become rediculous, and almost godlike, have you considered.

One person who might last longer than the others is Green Lantern, because the weapons formed by his powers are energy weapons, which could guard against lightsabers, but again, if your lower tier individuals get BFR'ed or KO'ed early on, Hal isn't going to do too much more than curl up into a ball.

You bring up wolverine and deathstrike, which their healing factors are cool, but adamantium doesn't have a likelihood of being much more than lightsaber-resistant, similar to mandalorian iron. Adamantium's being molded by magnetic manipulation, such as in Ultron 5 and later models, also suggests that weapons such as the lightsaber could ultimately slice through it. But that's second place to the fact that telekinesis could BFR wolverine or deathstrike early on.

Again, my biggest recommendation is that you work with smaller teams here, because that way, you could pull out smaller, higher quality candidates who can resist magic, TK, or sever off supernatural powers more effectively, and give an easier fight to decide, which leads to my offer to you next week

I would offer you a chance for a smaller team match-up, starting tommorrow, at midnight, Saturday, March 17, here on comicvine however, under the condition that I pick four Star Wars, while you, izbighulk, pick four non-star wars, what do you say?

izbighulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By izbighulk

ok sure

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
@DieHard200904 said: 

Darth Sidious cannot be underestimated. His telepathic resistance is pretty high up there, given that he could interact face to face with Jedi Masters like Yoda and Mace Windu and not get recognized as a Sith Lord, so in this aspect, he's a powerful specimen of resisting telepathy, perhaps similar to Magneto's resistance to Charles Xavier. 

This is an effect of Force Concealment. It had nothing to do with telepathy. 

We know Palpatine has impressive telepathic resistances because Shaak Ti was unable to probe him in Labyrinth, Vima Da Boda was repulsed by his mind in Empire's End, and Darth Plagueis was unable to scan him before Palpatine had any training in the Force. 

You mentioned Darth Nihilus, which you may wish to exclude given his capacity to drain an entire planet of life just to give himself extra force power. Again, powers of combined sith Lords can become rediculous, and almost godlike, have you considered.

Nihilus is a one-trick pony. His Drain is the only notable skill he has. Defeating him is easy: All that has to be done is to damage his armor. I fail to see why you think Nihilus should be excluded but not Palpatine, who can not only replicate Nihilus' Drain, but also summon powers such as his wormhole, Essence Transfer, and considerable levels of Force Speed.
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

Why has nobody mentioned IWs shield? it can block tk and telepathy (debatable), combined with Hal, Cable (level?), Saturn Girl and Xavier they should be able to protect themselves and the team from a lot of the Force wielders attacks. If they mostly focus on protecting Raven she can just BFR all opposition.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Floopay

Xavier and Cable could make this interesting. It's actually a lot closer than I think credit is being given. I mean the Jedi can be as sneaky as they want, and as fast as they want, but in the end dodging this is going to be a toughy:

or my favorite

Then over and above this we have Ironman / Warmachine who have flight, Raven who has magic (Force vs. Magic will be interesting by any standards), you have Saturn Girl, Cable, and Xavier who will wreak havoc with their mental assaults, which might not overwhelm the Jedi, but it will definitely keep their precog and stealth at bay. Wolverine who is going to be invincible, lightsabre vs. adamantine, I think adamantine will win. Invisible Woman is going to have her shields, those will hold up to anything that is dished out. Finally the Human Torch can create a firestorm like no other. Realistically I think the advantage given by the Marvel/DC team is that a lot of people here can generate huge AoE attacks, which should be good at counteracting the superior reflexes and momentum of the Jedi. I'm going to make this interesting and say team DC/Marvel.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctordark
No Caption Provided

yeah but star wars team has Darth Nihilus an equivalent to marvels galactus

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheBatman586

EU Sidious solos.

Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctordark

Professor Xavier and hal jordan are the only problem

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Doctordark said:

No Caption Provided

No, Nihilus is not the equivalent of Galactus. At all.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Star Wars team wins. Only thread is Green Lantern, and I could see him going down.

Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctordark

@Silver2467 said:

@Doctordark said:
No Caption Provided

No, Nihilus is not the equivalent of Galactus. At all.

well in some ways he is not on galactus level but they both have to feed upon energy to please their hunger,they bouth are immortal and they can bouth feed upon planets energy

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@Doctordark: Nihilus being immortal is irrelevant. He can still be killed by destroying his armor, thus leaving his spirit with no anchor to the physical realm.
Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctordark

@Floopay said:

Xavier and Cable could make this interesting. It's actually a lot closer than I think credit is being given. I mean the Jedi can be as sneaky as they want, and as fast as they want, but in the end dodging this is going to be a toughy:

or my favorite

Then over and above this we have Ironman / Warmachine who have flight, Raven who has magic (Force vs. Magic will be interesting by any standards), you have Saturn Girl, Cable, and Xavier who will wreak havoc with their mental assaults, which might not overwhelm the Jedi, but it will definitely keep their precog and stealth at bay. Wolverine who is going to be invincible, lightsabre vs. adamantine, I think adamantine will win. Invisible Woman is going to have her shields, those will hold up to anything that is dished out. Finally the Human Torch can create a firestorm like no other. Realistically I think the advantage given by the Marvel/DC team is that a lot of people here can generate huge AoE attacks, which should be good at counteracting the superior reflexes and momentum of the Jedi. I'm going to make this interesting and say team DC/Marvel.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

still their mental powers are no match for the force

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Manchine

DC/Marvel Stump

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Floopay: That's out of character for Scott for the most part and what was point of the Wolverine one? To show he can get blown up?

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Montaq

Team Sith
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Floopay

@god_spawn: Honestly, the point of the Wolverine one was that it looked cool :P. But either way, I think the chances of Team Sith winning aren't as high as people are making it out to be. I mean Xavier alone is one heck of a telepath for them to deal with. Over and above that they have Cable, and Saturn Girl!? All the while they have to not get killed by people like Deathstroke and Wolverine, as well as Lightning Lad, or the Human Torch. Also, I think we need to remember this whole "Team with Flyers" aspect. Especially with someone like Raven who can throw them into different dimensions and whathaveyas. Dunno, I'm going to stick with team DC/Marvel. I know the force can do a lot of the same things these people do, but it's hard to put Force Telepaths above Xavier.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Beerhappy

Sith force choke them all..

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DieHard200904

@Doctordark: Nihilus doesn't consistently show off planet-killing power, he got owned by Canderous (As Mandalore), Meetra Surik, and Visas Marr. While he can drain, he doesn't demonstrate a capacity to do this in a fight, unless he gets the jump on his enemies. Galactus demonstrates strength on par with upper-level dieties. It takes guys like Thor and summoning the Odinforce to actually make Galactus notice that he is getting hit.

ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArdennesKorps

I think Sion can take this solo. He will resurrect himself again again again again and infinite time again and eventually will slaughter them all BADLY.

They killed Nihilus only because of Surik's ability to draw on the Force energy of those around her, so he wasn't able consume her. Meetra herself is some sort of Female Darth Nihilus, she has the same powers. Fullpowered Nihilus will consume this team VERY qucikly, then after he'll consume Siths as well, except for Sion, who will kill Nihilus after over 9999999 times of resurrections.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@ArdennesKorps: NO. If he gets worn apart, if he loses his ability to survive. Or if his will gets shattered

Nihilus won't do a THING to the Green Lanterns. I don't know why you're bringing him up like he owns EVERYBODY in the Star Wars universe.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467

Stop bumping threads just to post the wrong answer. 

Sion will lose to any of the telepaths who can just control his mind and force him to die.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: And Nihilus does NOTHING to the enemy.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By greenteaforme

@DieHard200904 said:

@izbighulk: I would say Star Wars team, in this scenario. Your selected DC/Marvel Team lacks some of the serious heavyweights to counteract some of the Telepathic/Telekinetic powers of the more powerful Sith/Jedi on your Star Wars team.

Darth Sidious cannot be underestimated. His telepathic resistance is pretty high up there, given that he could interact face to face with Jedi Masters like Yoda and Mace Windu and not get recognized as a Sith Lord, so in this aspect, he's a powerful specimen of resisting telepathy, perhaps similar to Magneto's resistance to Charles Xavier. Human Torch is good, but against plenty of force-wielders, one could TK flames, and torch away from them, much like a starship of greater mass and speed.

Again, since you gave EU Sith Lords, you openened a bigger can of worms here in terms of feats and power. EU force-wielding allows for powers such as force storm, which let you generate a powerful vortex which can BFR plenty of the DC/Marvel heroes. Again, not to be confused with powerful force lightning.

One person who might last longer than the others is Green Lantern, because the weapons formed by his powers are energy weapons, which could guard against lightsabers, but again, if your lower tier individuals get BFR'ed or KO'ed early on, Hal isn't going to do too much more than curl up into a ball.

You bring up wolverine and deathstrike, which their healing factors are cool, but adamantium doesn't have a likelihood of being much more than lightsaber-resistant, similar to mandalorian iron. Adamantium's being molded by magnetic manipulation, such as in Ultron 5 and later models, also suggests that weapons such as the lightsaber could ultimately slice through it. But that's second place to the fact that telekinesis could BFR wolverine or deathstrike early on.

Again, my biggest recommendation is that you work with smaller teams here, because that way, you could pull out smaller, higher quality candidates who can resist magic, TK, or sever off supernatural powers more effectively, and give an easier fight to decide, which leads to my offer to you next week

I would offer you a chance for a smaller team match-up, starting tommorrow, at midnight, Saturday, March 17, here on comicvine however, under the condition that I pick four Star Wars, while you, izbighulk, pick four non-star wars, what do you say?

Heat, not magnetism.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@DieHard200904:Because he was weakened? But yeah, he still gets owned.