Star Trek vs Stargate vs Battlestar Galactica

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ironshadow
Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Star Trek for the win. They have a far advanced technology and more polyvalent culture. 

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Pania

Only one of those is a multi-generational cultural icon with five series, 11 films, gawd knows how many books, multiple comic book series, etc. etc. etc. And yeah, the tech is way better and the world/universe much more complex and better developed:

Star Trek.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I like all three but I would put Stargate and Battlestar above Star Trek. Especially in the early days of The Next Generation... it was to Utopian for my liking.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom
Early days of Next Gen were stupid as hell. Late days were freaking awesome so it kinda balances out.

Nevertheless, Stargate has my vote.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:

" Early days of Next Gen were stupid as hell. Late days were freaking awesome so it kinda balances out.  Nevertheless, Stargate has my vote. "

@Nova`Prime` said:

"I like all three but I would put Stargate and Battlestar above Star Trek. Especially in the early days of The Next Generation... it was to Utopian for my liking. "

Vote on nothing but "what you like more", those 2 got 0 chances of winning this ..... The OP says nothing about what we are using in this fight so Q snaps his fingers and ends those 2 universe or better he makes it so they never existed in the first place ... 

ST stomps badly !
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OhTru

Ships?
Enterprise with Geordi + Data + whoever> Stargate ships > Battestar ships
Q beats everyone

TV
Classic Trek is the best show,Picard and Sisko were ok but the franchise went on too long. Battlestar is shit, back in the 80s it sucked, the new one began ok but it becomes a depressed love triangle with one of the worst endings to a tv show ever. Stargate borrows a lot from other shows but I like the new series Universe

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

if this is a battle then Stargate's technology destroys Star Trek's and Star Trek destroys BSG...if it's who had a better series then it's kind of hard for me....if you watch TNG now then it hasn't held up well...however the newer BSG was one of my all time favorite series and Stargate Universe is a great series

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By spystreak

I know I'm going to probably get some negative feedback about this but battlestar galactica is better show than stargate or star trek it's just so much darker and the stories seem more mature 
though the enterprise could destroy the galactica and the ships from stargate in a matter of minutes I'm undecided 
CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek's teleportation tech would be very lethal

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek ftw. They have too much of a tech advantage.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowHuntR

Anyone who claim Star Trek wins because of tech advantage don't know anything about Stargate.

Stargate wins easily with the Dakara Superweapon.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Dakara_superweapon

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who claim Star Trek wins because of tech advantage don't know anything about Stargate.

That weapon is risky! They could wipe out themselves too if not careful! Glad to see a fellow Stargate fan though ;)

Ancient Tech would be up there, ZPMs could take out Solar systems and lets not forget the Priests who serve the Ori, or the replicators!

Battlestar would not stand a chance, they get damaged heavily by Nukes. Ra's ship was destroyed by a nuke, but from the inside! Can't remember how much damage the Stargate ships take externally without ancient shields, but recall a ship tanking a solar flare!

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By comic_book_fan

star trek.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@shadowhuntr said:

That weapon is risky! They could wipe out themselves too if not careful! Glad to see a fellow Stargate fan though ;)

Ancient Tech would be up there, ZPMs could take out Solar systems and lets not forget the Priests who serve the Ori, or the replicators!

Battlestar would not stand a chance, they get damaged heavily by Nukes. Ra's ship was destroyed by a nuke, but from the inside! Can't remember how much damage the Stargate ships take externally without ancient shields, but recall a ship tanking a solar flare!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone either.

They could wipe themselves but they've used it more then once and it never actually did that... I think they know how it works (they used it to destroy the Replicators and the army of the Ori aboard their ship).

And that's not counting the Wraith who were able to take plenty of damage with a Hive powered by a ZPM...

For the solar flare, it was the Deadalus which was powered by a ZPM at that moment.

And the Dakara superweapon is just the beginning... since there is no limit to what we can use, Ascended beings would take this as well.

Atlantis was able to take a nuke (enhanced by Naquadah) without any damage to their shield. I'd like to see how the ships of Star Trek and Battlestar would do against the Plasma beam weapons... seeing even the Ori ships can't handle them.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on what Star Trek set their phasers to...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr:

I wonder if anyone has done a shield feet breakdown or a weapons breakdown. SG clearly has the speed advantage though! The replicators (all factions) vs the borg could determine the winners! (Q's and ascended beings/ori should not even be allowed in these battles)

Thanks for the details!

My concerns, in more detail, with the Dakara Superweapon are:

1. I thought they needed to know specific frequencies.
  2. Like Stargate, many of the races in Startrek actually share a common origin via genetic planting on planets across the universe, so they need to be precise like the Ori. Depending on what the difference is, it might backfire if not careful.
  3. It takes time to calibrate and there are, god knows how many, races in both universes, they would need to be aware of the race they want to destroy and be certain they are not wiping out a race in their own universe for every attempt. The configuration to take out all ST races, in one shot, without harming any SG races might not be possible (see next point)
  4. My other concern was they might not be able to use it on the human federation members (however it wouldn't be a big deal at that point with them already having all the other ST races wiped out.
hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stargate takes this, Their technology is pretty powerful if used properly

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@shadowhuntr:

I wonder if anyone has done a shield feet breakdown or a weapons breakdown. SG clearly has the speed advantage though! The replicators (all factions) vs the borg could determine the winners! (Q's and ascended beings/ori should not even be allowed in these battles)

Thanks for the details!

My concerns, in more detail, with the Dakara Superweapon are:

1. I thought they needed to know specific frequencies.
  2. Like Stargate, many of the races in Startrek actually share a common origin via genetic planting on planets across the universe, so they need to be precise like the Ori. Depending on what the difference is, it might backfire if not careful.
  3. It takes time to calibrate and there are, god knows how many, races in both universes, they would need to be aware of the race they want to destroy and be certain they are not wiping out a race in their own universe for every attempt. The configuration to take out all ST races, in one shot, without harming any SG races might not be possible (see next point)
  4. My other concern was they might not be able to use it on the human federation members (however it wouldn't be a big deal at that point with them already having all the other ST races wiped out.

Yes they do. But with Mckay and Carter working together or simply Ancients working together, would simply be too much. Remember that the Ancients could have been WAYYYY more powerful. Unfortunately, they were pacifists and didn't like war. Atlantis wasn't built for war and still, it is probably one of the most powerful ship in the Universe of Stargate. They built the weapon of Dakara, they would know how to use it correctly. Unless we are only using the Stargate Command and the Atlantis Expedition...

For the Human federation, yes, that wouldn't work but as I said, if we include everything in the Stargate Universe (excluding Ascended beings), Battlestar and Star Trek would need to fight extremely intelligent races like the Asgards (who made the Plasma beam weapons and the beaming tech), the Ancients, the Nox, the Goa'uld, the Wraith, the Lucian Alliance, the Tau'ri, the Jaffa, the Genii, the Replicators, the Asurans (Replicators with tons of ZPM and Ancients ship + their own version of Atlantis, even the Kull could be a problem since they all use energy weapons..., etc.

And number isn't a problem. The Wraith got the avantage by a lot. Specially if you take into account the cloning...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr:

I generally don't include godlike beings in my assessment because then it is basically Q's vs ascended ancients & Ori vs the featless Gods of BSG. It happens in every thread like this.

I doubt anybody but the ancients would be able to quickly get around the issue of using the weapon quickly to take out each and every race in ST. The humans needed specific information for each race. Unless they have all that information ready at their finger tips they would need to acquire it and reference it with other races to avoid collateral, without pis that would be Carters first priority. So they know how to use the weapon, but they also need to ensure they have a frequency that will hurt their enemies but not their allies with the frequency. It was not an issue with the Replicators because we are supposed to believe there were no other similar races like them effected.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@shadowhuntr:

I generally don't include godlike beings in my assessment because then it is basically Q's vs ascended ancients & Ori vs the featless Gods of BSG. It happens in every thread like this.

I doubt anybody but the ancients would be able to quickly get around the issue of using the weapon quickly to take out each and every race in ST. The humans needed specific information for each race. Unless they have all that information ready at their finger tips they would need to acquire it and reference it with other races to avoid collateral, without pis that would be Carters first priority. So they know how to use the weapon, but they also need to ensure they have a frequency that will hurt their enemies but not their allies with the frequency. It was not an issue with the Replicators because we are supposed to believe there were no other similar races like them effected.

Well, remember that Samantha is the one who managed to make it work in the first place. Of course, she was helped by Jacob and Ba'al but she's not an expert in Ancient technology. Mckay is and he's been proving that for a very long time. And even if he couldn't, like you said, the Ancients would know and they would use it (unless it's morals on because they wouldn't do a thing unless they are attacked).

The Ori could potentially take most of the Star Trek universe by themselves. Same for the Asurans who were able to produce unlimited quantities of ZPM (their defeat was very stupid since most of their ships didn't seem to be having any shields at all....).

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stargate. You know what blows though? iI REALLY wanted to see the mysterious alien race that create that star system/planet , and temporarily resurrected some of their crew members. SGU was headed in a very interesting direction. Its a shame they cancelled it.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stargate. You know what blows though? iI REALLY wanted to see the mysterious alien race that create that star system/planet , and temporarily resurrected some of their crew members. SGU was headed in a very interesting direction. Its a shame they cancelled it.

Agreed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr: I'm talking about knowing how to actually use the device in the sense of how it works. I'm referring to knowing what frequencies to set it to. When they fought the replicators they had to use a specific frequency. They didn't just pull it out of thin air, they had to study the replicators. Even then they had to tweak the machine to get the specific frequency. It was a lot of trial and error for that part alone. If they started taking out organics, knowing how to use the device does not change the issue of having to know the frequencies and how they effect your enemies and allies.

Even the ancients who might now how to get specific frequencies quickly would still need them (which should not be hard for ascendants to get). But my main point was regarding the "mortals".

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't watch SGU. I would have prefered that they keep Stargate Atlantis instead... which I think was much better.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@shadowhuntr: I'm talking about knowing how to actually use the device in the sense of how it works. I'm referring to knowing what frequencies to set it to. When they fought the replicators they had to use a specific frequency. They didn't just pull it out of thin air, they had to study the replicators. Even then they had to tweak the machine to get the specific frequency. It was a lot of trial and error for that part alone. If they started taking out organics, knowing how to use the device does not change the issue of having to know the frequencies and how they effect your enemies and allies.

Even the ancients who might now how to get specific frequencies quickly would still need them (which should not be hard for ascendants to get). But my main point was regarding the "mortals".

Oh, I understand your point. But as far as I know, it didn't take them days to ready the weapon. But anyway, I was simply refering Mckay and Carter in case the Ancients weren't allowed and in case they aren't, Mckay and Carter would have plenty of time if you take into account the powerful races that would be protecting the weapon of Dakara... Wraith alone could be a problem (they have plenty of ships and units).

CreepX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_devil_tiger: O'Neill Class Ship would easily destroy USS Enterprise. StarGate has far advanced technology.

CreepX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK: If you compare any power source from Star Trek with ZPM (Zero Point module), the power sources from Star Trek will look like 9v battery. And Project Arcturus in comparsion with ZPM, will make ZPM look like 9v battery.

STARGATE!

Avatar image for djrebellionofficial
DJRebellionOfficial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, i love stargate, simple as, i'm in the middle of watching BSG and i've watched DS9 and TNG of star trek, hands down stargate wins on MOST fronts. Atlantis, is both a city and a ship, and the drones will destroy most things easily. the city could withstand hundreds of years of weapons bombardment with the shields barely noticing. The Cruisers/Ships have Asgard lasers, by far the mot OP sci-fi weapon ever, it can destroy literally everything in a few hit. not to mention the beaming technology is far more advanced in stargate. Battlestar wins on ship size, but is completely destroyed on all other fronts. star trek weapons are good, but at the end of the day they would barely dent stargates ancient and asgard shields. i'm sorry, there is only one winner here. Stargate all day every day :p hate that they ended universe so soon.

nicopu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stargate would destroy BSG and ST as ships like the Destiny are so fast and Ori weapons are crazily powerful. They destroy one Goa'uld mothership in one shot even when the mothership's shields are at maximum. Also, Asgard shields are very strong, and beaming technology can be very handy. Naquadriah bombs are super destructive too.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By _Gaff_