Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@buttersdaman000 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @JediXMan said:

@MrJackAss said:
" .  "But aren't the games canon? Cause I believe LucasArts labeled them as such.  Mr.J "
No, they - like the comics and books - are canon.   
Ah, alright. See, I didn't even know they had books or anything. I thought it was just the games revealing the story.  Mr.J "
Wait. What's the question? Whether the events in the Force Unleashed are canon or whether the game mechanics are canon?

@buttersdaman000 said:
" @JediXMan:  Out of the top ten duelist, based on lightsabers only, out of star wars mythology where would you put starkiller? "
He is one of the worst duelists in Star Wars. He is terrible. The guy was utterly owned in every duel he ever had. He only won those fights because of his Force abilities - and he never beat anyone very powerful. Palpatine let him win (Starkiller even said it was a trick. And in the book, he does nothing more than hit Palpatine with some debris) "
oooohhh i did not know that lol i always assumed he would at least be in the top ten  how about in the force? what would you rank him force wise? and overall? "
No, he is nowhere near the top ten.

He is potentially very powerful. But he lacks finesse and wisdom. He's too straightforward. He is nowhere near certain others.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@AMS said:
" @Dessolution:  Yeah buddy you might wanna wait till we've read the graphic novel and book and see what really happens before you get too carried away. "
This. And what he did in that video wasn't that impressive. Beating Stormtroopers - especially the troopers of that era - isn't very special.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By buttersdaman000
@JediXMan said:
" @buttersdaman000 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @JediXMan said:

@MrJackAss said:
" .  "But aren't the games canon? Cause I believe LucasArts labeled them as such.  Mr.J "
No, they - like the comics and books - are canon.   
Ah, alright. See, I didn't even know they had books or anything. I thought it was just the games revealing the story.  Mr.J "
Wait. What's the question? Whether the events in the Force Unleashed are canon or whether the game mechanics are canon?

@buttersdaman000 said:
" @JediXMan:  Out of the top ten duelist, based on lightsabers only, out of star wars mythology where would you put starkiller? "
He is one of the worst duelists in Star Wars. He is terrible. The guy was utterly owned in every duel he ever had. He only won those fights because of his Force abilities - and he never beat anyone very powerful. Palpatine let him win (Starkiller even said it was a trick. And in the book, he does nothing more than hit Palpatine with some debris) "
oooohhh i did not know that lol i always assumed he would at least be in the top ten  how about in the force? what would you rank him force wise? and overall? "
No, he is nowhere near the top ten.  He is potentially very powerful. But he lacks finesse and wisdom. He's too straightforward. He is nowhere near certain others. "
ehh that sucks. i wish they wouldve handled him better
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By ComicStooge
@buttersdaman000:
Hopefully in the sequel they will him better.
Dessolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Dessolution
@AMS said:

" @Dessolution:  Yeah buddy you might wanna wait till we've read the graphic novel and book and see what really happens before you get too carried away. "

Excuse me? I showed a video of his ability, of what he can do with his light saber. I then stated, he isn't as bad as people made it out to be. Exactly where is it that I got "carried" away with his ability? 

@JediXMan said:

" @AMS said:

This. And what he did in that video wasn't that impressive. Beating Stormtroopers - especially the troopers of that era - isn't very special. "
Right, because stormtroppers in the past were any better. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Dessolution: 

O_o the ones in the video were the ones in the past. They were the ones in 2 BBY. The ones in 40 ABY - the New Empire Stormtroopers - are MUCH better.

So... yeah.... you kinda proved you have no idea what you're talking about.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Freefa11
@JediXMan said: 
This. And what he did in that video wasn't that impressive. Beating Stormtroopers - especially the troopers of that era - isn't very special. "
He looked significantly faster and more skilled there than any of the Jedi in the Geonosis colosseum.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ssejllenrad
@JediXMan said:
" @Dessolution:    O_o the ones in the video were the ones in the past. They were the ones in 2 BBY. The ones in 40 ABY - the New Empire Stormtroopers - are MUCH better.  So... yeah.... you kinda proved you have no idea what you're talking about. "
Maybe he got confused with Clones and Stormies? 

Off-topic question though. How is Ep 4: ANH year called? Is it 0BBY, 0ABY, 0BY, BY, or just 0?
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By pooty
@Dessolution:  I hope you take somethings away from this thread.
1. The novels are the main source of information regarding star wars. If a game or movie is different then the novel then the novel is the superior reference.
2. Starkiller steered the ship. He did not bring it down.
3. People on comicvine are not here to deceive you. If 2,3,4 people tell you they all read the same thing, more than likely its true.
4. Enjoy your time here and maybe next time you can correct my thinking on something. Peace
TonyMack510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TonyMack510
@pooty said:
" @Dessolution:  I hope you take somethings away from this thread. 1. The novels are the main source of information regarding star wars. If a game or movie is different then the novel then the novel is the superior reference. 2. Starkiller steered the ship. He did not bring it down. 3. People on comicvine are not here to deceive you. If 2,3,4 people tell you they all read the same thing, more than likely its true. 4. Enjoy your time here and maybe next time you can correct my thinking on something. Peace "
@pooty:  " Pooty Tang "
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GT-Man

Star Killer already beat Darth Vader he can beat Anakin I'm sure
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By pooty
@TonyMack510:  THANK YOU!! after 1,444 you are the first person to comment on that. Yes that is the inspiration of my name. But because i'm not worthy enough to share his name my name is Pooty. His name is Pootie.
TonyMack510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TonyMack510
@pooty said:

" @TonyMack510:  THANK YOU!! after 1,444 you are the first person to comment on that. Yes that is the inspiration of my name. But because i'm not worthy enough to share his name my name is Pooty. His name is Pootie. "

@pooty: 
You're Welcome Brotha i remember good old pootie tang that movie was hella cool and it still is lol, its all good playa im sure you have earned the name in yo day 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Freefa11 said:
" @JediXMan said: 
He looked significantly faster and more skilled there than any of the Jedi in the Geonosis colosseum. "
1. He's flashy. Flashy doesn't mean the same thing as skilled.
2. Read the book.
3. Game mechanics aren't canon.

@ssejllenrad said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Dessolution:    O_o the ones in the video were the ones in the past. They were the ones in 2 BBY. The ones in 40 ABY - the New Empire Stormtroopers - are MUCH better.  So... yeah.... you kinda proved you have no idea what you're talking about. "
Maybe he got confused with Clones and Stormies?  Off-topic question though. How is Ep 4: ANH year called? Is it 0BBY, 0ABY, 0BY, BY, or just 0? "
Most of the movie is 0 BBY (zero years before the battle of Yavin). It doesn't become ABY (after the Battle of Yavin) until... well, after the Battle of Yavin ends. Once the Death Star blows, then it is ABY. Now what you'd call it during the Battle of Yavin... I'm not completely sure.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Freefa11
@JediXMan said:

" @Freefa11 said:

" @JediXMan said: 
He looked significantly faster and more skilled there than any of the Jedi in the Geonosis colosseum. "
In 1-on-1 battles he defeats Kota, Paradus, Shaak Ti, and Vader, and hacks and blasts his way through hordes of storm troopers, Rankor, and other forces throughout the game. I'm not sure if these are in the novel adaptation, but he also defeats force ghosts (or apparitions or something) of Darth Desolous and Darth Phobos at the Jedi temple, as well as his father. He is clearly a highly effective combatant. You claim that he is a weak duelist because he relies on force powers, but I would say that his ability to fluidly use force powers while dueling actually makes him a much more dangerous opponent than other force users who apparently tend to only do one or the other, and have trouble mixing the two. Maybe he wouldn't do well in an artificial sports duel with rules and referees and such, but that's not what he was trained for either; he was trained to defeat and kill whatever target Vader sent him after, and he is damn good at it. 

2. Read the book. 

The book is an adaptation of the game. Why should I read it? I've already experience the primary source of the story.

The game is considered canon. The cutscenes must be canon, and all mandatory QTEs are essentially cutscenes that require button prompts to get through, so they should be canon as well. Normal game mechanics aren't canon because of the ambiguity they introduce via the various players skill levels and choices, but mandatory QTEs are different, because EVERYONE has to successfully complete them, and they play out exactly the same every time. If there's no ambiguity to a scene, then why shouldn't it be canon?
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By AMS
@Dessolution said:
" @AMS said:
"
More Galen being cheap again, blinding a stunned and distracted Kota after being cheaped with Force Lightning  

"
How is that cheap? It's a battle, he isn't bound by any rules.  "

Sorry I didn't see this until just now; 

So using our own logic it won't be cheap for a full power Anakin to Force Choke Galen to death then? Because if he can get the drop on Galen with his force choke as rust and bolts slow ass Vader then he is going to stomp in his own body. Good to know. Do you want me to post the video of Vader force choking Galen in the game seeing you seem to put video evidence from the game on a higher scale than other evidence?   

Darth Vader with one lightsaber was more than Galen could handle, what do you truly think General Anakin Skywalker, a guy who ran around with two sabers at a time, destroying armies with Mace Windu and Obi Wan without using Force Powers that much would do to him?

Let me deal with your other point as well, these guys are trained martial artists as well as duelists a sucker punch or kick isn't that big of a deal they should be expecting it, but bringing out FULL force powers in the middle of a saber duel? That is like whipping out an RPG or Grenade in the middle of a knife fight. Darth Maul wasn't being cheap when he was kicking Obi Wan and Qui-Gon but he was being cheap when he used his force powers to turn on the generator shield which is nothing compared to full force lighting. 

Now just to hit the point home, Vader who has a reason to be cheap because he is in that rust bucket suit and has little of his talent and ability left still fights people one on one in duels. 

What is Galen Mareks excuse? He is able bodied with full potential in the force but everytime he has been tested one on one in a lightsaber he resorts to being cheap. Kota, Maris he easily dectected her in the force and could of disarmed her without using powers, Vader he doesn't even properly fight cause he knows he would be owned again.  This is all from a guy who was meant to be keeping his 'EXISTENCE HIDDEN' from the Emperor at all times and he was running around abusing his force powers like a noob, of course the Emperor would of picked him up in the force. 

The guy should of been one of the top ten duelists of all time, but even Ahsoka tano puts his saber skills to shame, I dare say Mara Jade might of even put his saber skills to shame.

Look I know alot of people are thinking i'm not being fair to Galen, but have I posted the fights against the Rancor? No because it was cheap on Galen and he should of used his powers it was a freaking Rancor, Have I posted the fight against Shakk Ti, No because it was cheap on Galen being attacked by the planet and her at the same time, Have I posted the fight against the Emperor? No because again it was cheap on Galen getting his ass fried by considerably stronger force lightning. 

Once again though, every time Galen has been tested one on one he had been found wanting and the man had one of the most advanced training droids in the universe in Proxy, he had no excuse for abusing force powers mid battle, it may be cool to the layman and look pretty, but it is the sign of bad fighter in the SWU.  

Hence the specualtion on why he is a duel lightsaber duelist in TFU2, people think he has been weakened so has been forced to improve his fighting skills, or it could be that he just decided to become a better fighter, but until we've read the book, graphic novel and played the game no one can give an unbiased opinion without all the facts.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Freefa11
@AMS said: 

Sorry I didn't see this until just now;  So using our own logic it won't be cheap for a full power Anakin to Force Choke Galen to death then?  

No, if Vader is in a fight to the death, what conceivable reason could there be for him to deliberately not utilize all of his powers to win? Of course, the implication that Force Choke is an auto-win is simply false. We clearly see that it takes some time in the movies, and in that time Galen can be frying him with force lightning. Also, Galen knows force choke too.  

Do you want me to post the video of Vader force choking Galen in the game seeing you seem to put video evidence from the game on a higher scale than other evidence? 

Galen becomes more powerful throughout the course of the story. At the end he trashes Vader.

Darth Vader with one lightsaber was more than Galen could handle 

Is that why Vader got tossed around and had a good chunk of his armor blasted off? 

Let me deal with your other point as well, these guys are trained martial artists as well as duelists a sucker punch or kick isn't that big of a deal they should be expecting it, but bringing out FULL force powers in the middle of a saber duel? 

They're trained force users as well, so why shouldn't they expect force attacks? Galen does what ALL of them should be doing, which is incorporate his force abilities fluidly into his fighting style. Other Jedi and Sith not doing this means either, a) it's really hard and Galen was one of a few to pull it off well, b) they are needlessly gimping their own combat effectiveness. In the one case he's just better than them, in the other case he's just smarter than them. Either way, I can see no reason for him to deliberately handicap himself in a fight to the death against anyone. Especially since he's a Sith, not a Jedi.

That is like whipping out an RPG or Grenade in the middle of a knife fight. 

So you're saying if some guy whipped out a knife and tried to kill you with it, and you had the option of just shooting him, you would choose not to and instead engage in a knife fight? 

You ever seen the scene in Indiana Jones where the arab guy is doing all this fancy stuff with a sword, and Indy just shoots him? Ever heard the expression, "don't bring a knife to a gunfight?" Do you expect cops or soldiers to lay down their firearms and engage in knife fights or fist fights whenever they encounter unarmed or poorly armed goons trying to kill them? 

Seriously, just think about anyone in an actual situation where someone is trying to murder them. OF COURSE you're going to use the best weapon you've got available. Why the hell wouldn't you? 

On top of that, in a Jedi/Sith encounter, it's not even an unfair advantage. THEY'RE BOTH FORCE USERS! Why would a force user challenge another and then expect him to not use his force powers? People with these kinds of powers deliberately not using them in fights to the death and relying instead on pure melee actually makes very little sense, unless it is indeed very difficult to actually do both at once, but again, if they can, then why should they hold themselves back just because their opponent isn't as good?

Darth Maul wasn't being cheap when he was kicking Obi Wan and Qui-Gon but he was being cheap when he used his force powers to turn on the generator shield which is nothing compared to full force lighting.   

Darth Maul actually looked pretty surprised when the shields came up. 

He is able bodied with full potential in the force but everytime he has been tested one on one in a lightsaber he resorts to being cheap

What are you talking about? Vader never said anything about the missions being exclusively saber-tests, he was testing Galen's overall effectiveness as a weapon. His mission is to kill the Jedi. That's it. Vader never specifies a method, and it really makes little sense that he would want to hamper his force powers when the ultimate goal was supposedly a direct assault on the Emperor, not exactly the kind of guy you want to be pulling your punches on.

The guy should of been one of the top ten duelists of all time, but even Ahsoka tano puts his saber skills to shame, I dare say Mara Jade might of even put his saber skills to shame.  

What exactly is that based on? 

Look I know alot of people are thinking i'm not being fair to Galen, but have I posted the fights against the Rancor? No because it was cheap on Galen and he should of used his powers it was a freaking Rancor, Have I posted the fight against Shakk Ti, No because it was cheap on Galen being attacked by the planet and her at the same time, Have I posted the fight against the Emperor? No because again it was cheap on Galen getting his ass fried by considerably stronger force lightning.

That wasn't cheap either. Shaak Ti was being hunted down. She was well within her rights to use whatever resources she felt necessary to defend herself. I really find it bizarre that you seem to think if someone's trying to murder you, you are not entitled to defend yourself by any means necessary, but only by the means that make it fair for the guy trying to kill you.

Once again though, every time Galen has been tested one on one  

Once again, the tests were to see if he was powerful enough and dangerous enough to help Vader kill the Emperor, not just to evaluate his lightsaber skill. What you're talking about is really a lot like if someone picked a bar fight with one of the biggest, meanest, ugliest guys available, and then chose not to use his arms at all to prove how good his kicks were. It's stupid, and the other guy has absolutely no reason at all to then not use his own arms just because his opponent is being an idiot. Kota, Maris, Shaak Ti, everyone Galen had a saber fight with also has force powers of their own. If they didn't feel like using their own abilities to defend themselves that's just TOO DAMN BAD. If they didn't want to get their own asses kicked, maybe they should have used their own force powers to do something about it.

Of course, they actually do use their force powers during the fights, just not as well or as often, so Galen is just better at it.

it may be cool to the layman and look pretty, but it is the sign of bad fighter in the SWU

He won those fights, that's what matters. The Jedi knew roughly who he was, and they knew exactly what he was there to do. There were no rules, and Galen asked for no quarter. If the Jedi gave him one anyway, that's on them, not him.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By AMS
@Freefa11: 

How did he 'win' each of those fights when he didn't kill 90% his opponents sit and think that one through and get back to me before I demolish the rest of your arguement.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AMS
@Freefa11 said:

2. Read the book. 

The book is an adaptation of the game. Why should I read it? I've already experience the primary source of the story.

The game is considered canon. The cutscenes must be canon, and all mandatory QTEs are essentially cutscenes that require button prompts to get through, so they should be canon as well. Normal game mechanics aren't canon because of the ambiguity they introduce via the various players skill levels and choices, but mandatory QTEs are different, because EVERYONE has to successfully complete them, and they play out exactly the same every time. If there's no ambiguity to a scene, then why shouldn't it be canon? "

I know this is JediXMans and your debate and I will let him fight it, but I am going to interject inbetween here and say this; 

If the both books and the game are the same level of canon, then how are the books evidence worth any less, George Lucas approved all three, now why would he approve two books that show Galen on a different level from the game and why would Lucas Arts say the game is exaggerated for the players experience if he and they didn't believe it. 

Your just mad because your boy Galen isn't as uber in the SWU as you've all been led to believe and now your trying to trash other legitmate sources of canon because it doesn't fit into your opinion. 

Why aren't the books canon? give us all a legitamate reason other than there a spin off, becuase in that case the whole TFU doesn't count does it? the whole EU doesn't count? Because apparently George Lucas opinion is worth squat now?, because if you haven't read them in the first place then how is it on anyone else but you? Just because you refuse to believe in the books authorised legitmatcy in the SWU doesn't mean they aren't legit.  

Anyway I will get back to reading your previous point.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By pooty

I just played Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Captain America was able to beat Juggernaut. Videogames are NOT the main source material. They are NOT the final say. Videogames are like crossovers in comics. Yes you see it happen but it don't really matter.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AMS

I'm going to make it easy for the Starkiller fans cause i'm sick of waiting for replies lol; 

Here is an off the top of my head Anakin from the clone wars to his death as Lord Vaders notable CONFIRMED kill list all are Jedi, except Durge who made the list for being bad ass and a confirmed jedi killer and no before anyone asks, NO I did not put younglings who hadn't a chance on to pad out his kill score but two or three Padawans are on there because Galen also fought a Padawan i.e. Maris Brood; 

http://www.starwars.com/vault/databank/    

Now after you've done all that Starkiller fans remind us all again how many confimed kills against notable force opponents did Galen Marak rack up?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Freefa11 said:
" @JediXMan said:

" @Freefa11 said:

" @JediXMan said: 
In 1-on-1 battles he defeats Kota, Paradus, Shaak Ti, and Vader, and hacks and blasts his way through hordes of storm troopers, Rankor, and other forces throughout the game. I'm not sure if these are in the novel adaptation, but he also defeats force ghosts (or apparitions or something) of Darth Desolous and Darth Phobos at the Jedi temple, as well as his father. He is clearly a highly effective combatant. You claim that he is a weak duelist because he relies on force powers, but I would say that his ability to fluidly use force powers while dueling actually makes him a much more dangerous opponent than other force users who apparently tend to only do one or the other, and have trouble mixing the two. Maybe he wouldn't do well in an artificial sports duel with rules and referees and such, but that's not what he was trained for either; he was trained to defeat and kill whatever target Vader sent him after, and he is damn good at it. 

2. Read the book. 

The game is considered canon. The cutscenes must be canon, and all mandatory QTEs are essentially cutscenes that require button prompts to get through, so they should be canon as well. Normal game mechanics aren't canon because of the ambiguity they introduce via the various players skill levels and choices, but mandatory QTEs are different, because EVERYONE has to successfully complete them, and they play out exactly the same every time. If there's no ambiguity to a scene, then why shouldn't it be canon? "
1. The novel shows him getting beaten. 

Let me explain this in simple terms:

The game, novel, and comic are all C-Canon. So they're each worth 10 points. The game shows Starkiller beating them in Lightsaber combat. 10 points for that. The novel and comic show him getting beaten in lightsaber combat. 20 points. 

Cut-scenes are canon. Game mechanics are not. Are we to assume that ANYBODY can survive a lightsaber strike?

Accept it.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Freefa11
@AMS said: 

If the both books and the game are the same level of canon, then how are the books evidence worth any less

If you think they're all the same, why is the game's evidence worth any less?

George Lucas approved all three, now why would he approve two books that show Galen on a different level from the game  

I don't think George Lucas really cares much about the small details of canon the same way a lot of fans do, as evidenced by his constant and needless tinkering with the Original Trilogy. The overall story of Force Unleashed is the same for all versions, it just differs in some of the details, and I doubt he really cares that much about them. I will say though, that he personally conferred with the games creators to hammer out some of the details of the story, so on that front it was a little more involved than just getting the Lucas seal of approval. 

and why would Lucas Arts say the game is exaggerated for the players experience if he and they didn't believe it.  

Do you have details on exactly which aspects were exaggerated? My guess is they were most likely referring to things like Stormtroopers taking multiple lightsaber hits so that you couldn't just walk through the game.

Your just mad because your boy Galen isn't as uber in the SWU as you've all been led to believe and now your trying to trash other legitmate sources of canon because it doesn't fit into your opinion. 

You're trying to trash a legitimate source of canon because it doesn't fit your opinion. Do you not see the hypocrisy of such a statement? And I'm not trying to trash the book at all, I'm more just irritated that the book snobs are coming out, as they always do whenever there's a book version of just about anything, and trying to claim the book as inherently superior. You're both claiming the book has the same level of canon, and yet at the same time you are both claiming that the book is unquestionably the higher authority. How does that work? 

Why aren't the books canon? give us all a legitamate reason other than there a spin off,  

I didn't say they weren't canon, I just said that the game was the original version, made by the actual authors and creators of the character and plotline, with direct input from George Lucas. To me, that makes them more authoritative in the same way that the original english Shakespeare is more authoritative than a french or german translation would be.

becuase in that case the whole TFU doesn't count does it? the whole EU doesn't count? 

The movies are the highest canon, and the book adaptations of them are below them. I'm pretty sure this is the way Lucas has established the rules. The TFU novel isn't a "spin-off" of the game, it is an adaptation of the game. I view it as slightly less authoritative because the story was originally conceived, planned, and created as a game, and I therefore view it as the closest to the author's original intentions. You view the novel as a higher authority... why exactly? Just because it's a novel and you like books better? 

On top of that, I will simply point out that for the purposes of this thread, what's important is how Galen fights, and since the game actually shows how he moves and fights in real time, not just with lengthy paragraphs or a few still images, it seems the most useful source here. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say, and I figure a video has got to be worth at least several dozen pictures.

@AMS said:

Now after you've done all that Starkiller fans remind us all again how many confimed kills against notable force opponents did Galen Marak rack up?

What does that have to do with how good he is? He was only actually sent after 3 jedi before he was found out and betrayed. Just because he didn't have the opportunity to kill more doesn't mean he couldn't have. He took down a bull Rancor; Luke nearly peed his pants dealing with a normal one. He beat the guy that killed everyone on your list, so I think that kind of trumps it. And for someone who was going on so much about how unfair it was just using force powers in a duel, I find it a little hypocritical that you would include him killing Palpatine by completely blindsiding him while he was distracted with Luke. 

Fighting and killing are not the same. Sure they overlap sometimes, but it is entirely possible to kill someone without fighting them, and to fight someone without killing them. In fact, I'm pretty sure most real fights don't actually end with one of the guys dying, because most people don't really want to be murderers.

@JediXMan said:

1. The novel shows him getting beaten.

Uh, I'm sorry, but who beats who? I'm pretty sure in every version of the story, Starkiller defeats every opponent he goes up against, except Palpatine who threw their fight on purpose.

Let me explain this in simple terms:  The game, novel, and comic are all C-Canon. So they're each worth 10 points. The game shows Starkiller beating them in Lightsaber combat. 10 points for that. The novel and comic show him getting beaten in lightsaber combat. 20 points. 

Even if that's how it works, which I'm a little skeptical of, there's more than one version of the game. Unless only one version has been specified as the canonical one, then this method doesn't actually work out for you. 

And what about the Ultimate Sith edition? Would that be considered more canonical because it is the most recent version of the story, superseding the previous releases, or is that just kind of ignored?

Cut-scenes are canon. Game mechanics are not. Are we to assume that ANYBODY can survive a lightsaber strike?  Accept it. "    

Mandatory QTEs are not normal game mechanics though. They are essentially cutscenes that require button prompts to get through. There is no possible way for the game to progress in any other way than what is shown in them, and therefore no ambiguity as to whether or not they "actually" happened in the story.
FearMonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FearMonger

I dont know why everyone keeps referig to the books and graphic novels about Starkiller. The topic was about Starkiller at the last level of the game. That Starkiller could beat Sith Anakin any day. In the game, Starkiller killed Jedi that where once on the councel, and obi one was on the councel. And we all know how Obi one vs Anakin went. I have always seen that Starkiller could surpass any Jedi or sith in time with training. He is one of the few I know of that uses both sides of the force freely and with no restraints. This is all just my opinion of course since I have not reaad all the books.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By buttersdaman000

after reading up on most of the starwars universe i can safely say that anakin skywalker would defeat starkiller in light saber duel.....without much trouble......
however in a duel that included force powers the battle would be much closer because where marek lacks in saber technique he more than makes up for in force power........however, still skywalker would win 

edit:
after reading up on starkiller again i gotta say he isnt as bad as i was led to believe with a saber but it doesnt stop anakin from killing him.

anakin was just a stronger jedi than galen, in both the force and lightsaber techniques, however, it would be a hell of fight.....probably even better than the duel on mustafar.....which anakin couldve won if he wasnt blinded by rage and pride

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By AMS
@FearMonger: 

If we go by the game then Starkiller could of ended the war single handedly. There would be no need for the Original Trilogy.     

I don't think some of you people realise the extent of how massive a deal pulling Force Lightning off actually is. 

The Starkiller fanbois, which I used to be one off myself a loooooooooong time ago before reading more in depth about the SWU and EU seem to think that Force Lightning is a cheap parlour trick to be spammed when ever someone feels like, when it used to be an almost instant game over time when it was rarely used.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By AMS
@Freefa11: 

Look i'm not going to lie, I did have a massive wall of text sitting and waiting for you all of yesterday, but in all honesty, I just sat right now while opening up the saved draft of it in Word and copied it ready to paste and thought you know what, screw it, don't be patronising, let the man have his opinion and deleted it.  

Now that isn't on you, that is on me and I don't why I said it but I just have.

I'm going to walk a mile in your shoes for a while and leave the pure logic debate alone for the minute, If you like video and game evidence so much here watch these and tell me what you think afterwards and remember these two shows are higher canon than the Game and Books from the EU; 

And most importantly if you want to see what a top 10 duelist in my list looks like, one without Force Powers I may add then look no further: 

Edit: The Anakin Vs Dooku video didn't work and apologies for the Shaak Ti vs Grevious fight being in Spanish but that was the only full length copy of the fight. 
   Edit 2: None of the Anakin VVs Dooku videos can be embedded apparently so you will have to double click and watch it on Youtube i'm afraid, but it's worth it.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Freefa11
@AMS said:

" @FearMonger:  If we go by the game then Starkiller could of ended the war single handedly.

Whu? I think that's quite an exaggeration. I mean, in the game he wound up dying, after all. On the other hand, if we go by the EU, Sidious could have definitely ended the war whenever he felt like it. If we went by the cartoons, Mace Windu should have taken out all the droids at Geonosis by himself. 

There's lots better feats floating around the EU than Starkiller, but this isn't an EU character, this is movie Anakin, and movie characters tend to be the weakest versions. Even so, you may want to note that I never said Starkiller would curbstomp him. In fact, I don't think I even ever said Starkiller would win, I was objecting to the idea that Starkiller can be written off as a garbage combatant just because the book makes it look that way, when there's another perfectly legit version of the story (multiple, actually, since not all versions of the game are the same) that doesn't show this at all. 

I will say that I do think Starkiller could win, although I don't think it would be easy. Obviously, Anakin took out Dooku. He's no joke. However, Galen fights much more like a force user really should, i.e. by actually using the force during combat. He's also been trained as a Sith instead of a Jedi, so he should be meaner, more accustomed to going out for the sake of killing things, and more used to using his hate. Anakin at this point in time is completely emotionally FUBARed. His performance clearly suffers too; look how he did in the fight vs. Obi Wan compared to the fight with Dooku. He nearly killed his own pregnant wife, and goes out slaughtering children about 10 minutes after arguing with Windu that Sidious should be spared to stand trial. He's a complete mess and has no idea what's what. Starkiller's not going to have that problem, he'll be as cold and focused as he always is, and combined with his versatility, I think it will give him a huge advantage. 

Now, if Anakin were calmer and had his head together instead of acting like, well, like himself, then it would be a much closer fight. I still think Starkiller at his peak has the tools needed to beat Anakin, but it would be extremely difficult, and could certainly go the other way. Even in the games it's not like Starkiller just walks through Vader. He wins sure, but he has to work for it. 

I don't think some of you people realise the extent of how massive a deal pulling Force Lightning off actually is.  The Starkiller fanbois, which I used to be one off myself a loooooooooong time ago

Come on now, the game's barely 2 years old, it couldn't have been that long ago. 

Anyway, I think force lightning was cheapened in Episode 2 when Obi Wan blocked it like it was silly string. Mace frying the Emperor with his own lightning didn't really help either. 

@AMS said:

" @Freefa11: 

Look i'm not going to lie, I did have a massive wall of text sitting and waiting for you all of yesterday, but in all honesty, I just sat right now while opening up the saved draft of it in Word and copied it ready to paste and thought you know what, screw it, don't be patronising, let the man have his opinion and deleted it.  

Now that isn't on you, that is on me and I don't why I said it but I just have.

Thank you. I will point out again I never said this would be easy for Starkiller, I was mainly objecting to the idea that Starkiller is a pathetic fighter because of what I perceived as common book snobbery. And if you check the OP, this thread really is game Starkiller vs. Episode III Anakin. 

And to clarify, I certainly don't think Starkiller is one of the most powerful force users in all of Star Wars and could beat anybody. If this thread had been Starkiller vs. EU Luke, or Sidious, or Naga Sadow, he'd have no chance at all. Even if he had pulled a Stardestroyer down, that's nothing compared to wacky EU feats. Sidious alone makes one wonder what the point of even building the Death Star was if he can wipe out whole fleets of Stardestroyers by himself.

But he's not being compared to EU characters, he's being compared to movie Anakin, and movie Anakin is nothing compared to those guys too.

I'm going to walk a mile in your shoes for a while and leave the pure logic debate alone for the minute, If you like video and game evidence so much here watch these and tell me what you think afterwards and remember these two shows are higher canon than the Game and Books from the EU; 

I don't think that's really how these debates work though. This is specifically Anakin after turning, so we're talking later parts of Episode III, and movies are the highest canon as well, so even though Anakin may have some more impressive stunts elsewhere, that are a higher canon than the games, it doesn't matter because the movie still takes precedence, whereas Starkiller isn't directly affected by G-canon in the same way because he doesn't appear in it; he has no feats in the movies to conflict with his feats in the games. 

Yes the cartoons had some cool stuff, but if you're complaining about Starkiller being over the top, then I don't even know why you'd bring those up. the Mace Windu and Grievous bits in particular are the most jarring. I'm pretty sure many fans who (like me) saw the movies first, upon watching those had a serious "WTH?!" moment upon viewing those for the first time. Grievous isn't even designed the same. 

Grievous in particular kind of bugged me. Mace is a Jedi, and while he was overdone, it was kind of predictable, since people like doing crazy stuff with Jedi. But Grievous? He's just a cyborg. Now, I can handle him being good enough to take a bunch of padawans. I can even kind of handle him being good enough to hold his own against 2 Jedi council members. But actually dodging force powers? Easily? And kicking their butts in melee at the same time? That just went too far. It was pretty blatantly a style over substance scene, kind of like the droids who fought with friggin' lances.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AMS

Well this is a redundant  arguement in a sense now anyway seeing Starkiller beats Vader and captures him at the end of all three sources of TFU II.  

The book tries and save Vader a bit of face by saying suggesting he isn't focusing on the fight and implying he is letting himself get captured on purpose.  

But still lets call a spade a spade here it's BS pure and simple to appease the old skool fans. 

I don't know what I feel more ripped off about, the game being incredibly short and repetitive or the sucky light side and dark side endings.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By karrob

Starkiller?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By buttersdaman000

isnt episode three anakin one of the strongest jedi in history? he could of easily killed palpatine and obiwan but he was filled with too much pride, stupidity, and his uncontrolled rage blinded him

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By LiquidNazo

@silver2467: However..Starkiller ended Vader in there last fight. Very easily, he stated something along the lines of, you ambushed me twice, but you never fought me in a fair fight one on one. Then he just defeated Vader like he was nothing.

Jslayer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller, it will be close but he will not make the mistake of getting angry and letting his feelings get in the way of his fight and he will see open spots and take them

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Penderor

@liquidnazo: Anakin>Vader.

Vader was past his prime and personally I think the first fight was quite fair.But problem was that Galen knew Vader combat styles and he was faster.And I think Vader even underestimate him.

In the second fight you say true is unfair.Galen would be dead if he wouldnt cheat with that lightning pillars.And I think Vader was holding back.He probably wanted to get Clone on his side.

Starkiller is definitly better warrior but Vader is better duelist.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Dude that's really no excuse. Vader knows Starkiller fighting style, heck he thought it to him. So no one really had the advantage when it comes to knowing who's fighting style. Starkiller was just 19 he never even had a chance to make it to his prime, so the prime argument is still useless. Vader litterally watched Starkillers fighting style his entire life, vs Starkiller who only had the chance to see Vader fight only a few times, and that's when he fought him hisself.

Vader litterally had him monitored his entire life while he trained, he watched every move he made while fighting Proxy, vs Starkiller who only seen Vader fight maybe 2 or 3 times. Maybe a little more when he was being trained as a kid, but not much.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

isnt episode three anakin one of the strongest jedi in history? he could of easily killed palpatine and obiwan but he was filled with too much pride, stupidity, and his uncontrolled rage blinded him

He wasn't even close to Palpatine.
He was emotionally unstable in the end of episode 3 but pride and arrogance were always his flaws.

Anakin could be the strongest because of his strong connection to the force but that is POTENTIAL. His mastery of the force wasn't really good and you can see that in his fight with Obi-Wan, Anakin's and Obi's Force push were equal even with Anakin's strong connection to the force. As for Lightsaber combat, Anakin was indeed very skilled. One of the best duelists especially when he was drawing power from the dark side.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#137  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Anakin would win every time.

And if this is the clone, Anakin would win easier then he did against the Galen.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Anakin would win every time.

And if this is the clone, Anakin would win easier then he did against the Galen.

Also, I'm not even going to bother commenting on the nonsense arguments in this thread.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Whirlwind_33

Anakin wins 9.5/10 possible Stomp. I don't see this soon to be ret-conned(made non-canon) punk Starkiller. Stop over rating this turd he loses in every department of this fight.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: So we are to assume that Anakin would win just because you said so and you don't want to deal with "nonsense" arguments. I'll challenge you on that.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@106me said:

@dccomicsrule2011: So we are to assume that Anakin would win just because you said so and you don't want to deal with "nonsense" arguments. I'll challenge you on that.

I never said I'm infallible, nor did I say my word was gospel - but I do at least use logic in my arguments for the most part, which is more then I can say for some of these post in this thread.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By 106me

@dccomicsrule2011: Eh, well, fair enough. I still think Galen will win, and I'm willing to prove it.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Whirlwind_33

@106me:

Challege him to a CaV then.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Anakin wins but he seems a tad overrated. Do we really think he was that great before he turned to the dark side? He needed Obi-Wan's help to defeat a tired Dooku.

TT_4_Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller drops a starship on Ani's head. lol

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller starts to duel Anakin, realizes he is the superior duelist and then knocks him off the platform.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller starts to duel Anakin, realizes he is the superior duelist and then knocks him off the platform.

Old post but wanted to say this happens to Starkiller.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Get forced overpowered like the rest.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Anakins TK feats get blown out of the water when compared to Starkiller.

Anakin has no chance in overpowering him in this department

Like at all.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone keeps saying Anakin is more powerful than Vader but IIRC he wasn't... Vader reached his prime sometime around RoTS and was outright stated to be at his most powerful. I think Anakin had the potential to be more powerful but it didn't turn out.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@darkseid1006 said:

Everyone keeps saying Anakin is more powerful than Vader but IIRC he wasn't... Vader reached his prime sometime around RoTS and was outright stated to be at his most powerful. I think Anakin had the potential to be more powerful but it didn't turn out.

Vader is not more powerful at all by feats, and he only reached his prime as a decrepit machine man by RotJ. He was in his prime as the Chosen One aka Anakin in RotS. After becoming Vader he had to practically re learn how to fight and live in his shattered body which is far inferior to the midochlorian soaked body of his former self.

I will say Vader has more Force abilities/powers/knowledge, and he abuses Tk more so in fights, but thats it. Force Amp wise Anakin is superior by alot as well over all Force feats and Force accomplishments when Anakin applied himself.

@eisenfauste:

In Force power we have these feats.

In the ruined archive hall of LiMerge Power's plasma facility, Count Dooku waited for Kenobi and Skywalker to arrive. The room was enormous by any standard, thirty meters high and three times that in circumference.

More droids appeared. To Dooku, this was nothing more than a game, Obi-Wan told himself. But if it was a demonstration of Force ability Dooku wanted, then Anakin was still more than willing to provide it.

"Dooku!" he howled.

With such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse.

Dragging himself out from under plasteel girders and chunks of ferrocrete, Count Dooku came shakily to his feet and gazed in astonished disbelief at the shambles of the control room. Had the containment dome been so weak that it had succumbed to flurries of ricocheting blaster bolts, or had Skywalker's voiced rage actually called the ceiling down? Had Dooku not leapt forcefully at the last moment, he might have been buried, as the two Jedi were, somewhere below, in the expanse of rubble that covered the archive room. He was certain that they had survived. But if nothing else they were trapped, which had been the intent from the start.

But Skywalker... Assuming that he had grown powerful enough to have collapsed the dome, the end result was simply further evidence that he would someday undo himself. Wasn't it? Because admitting to any alternative explanation meant accepting that Skywalker was potentially a greater threat to the Sith than anyone realized.

Labyrinth of Evil

Anakin demolishes a large structure with Force Scream

No Caption Provided

Rips in half a giant spider Droid.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pulls down a large Temple Statue, catching a heavy chunk of it to throw later.

Anakin moving over 100+ tons of Separatist Dreadnought ship into a path of missiles.

No Caption Provided

Here Anakin overpowers the two strongest force beings on a neutral Force Nexus. the only context was Obi Wan telling Anakin to tap into the same Force Nexus the force beings were manipulating since their arrival, and the context of the Father forcing Anakin to go all out by putting his friends in danger. Still Anakin overpowering the Son and Daughter on a neutral Force Nexus planet. So the context here again is this. Obi Wan "Anakin, the planet is the Force. Use it." Pretty clear Obi Wan is mentioning to Anakin to tap into the same Force Nexus as the children have. The Father "Only the chosen one can tame my children." Pretty clear he means only someone as powerful as himself can tame the Son and Daughter on the same neutral Force Nexus they have access to. This is the context some fans simply dont like. Anakin rarely applies himself with the Force, but when he does he proven to be the most powerful

All far greater than 99% of Star Killers.

Then we have the power Anakin used to amp his own physical body which far surpasses Starkiller.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ventress is durable enough to tank easy 30 tons of solid column onto her body, and roll it off. Can withstand being blown across and through a solid stone wall. Yet Anakin uses the Force to increase his rage to cause Ventress total strain, and ends up shattering the stone ledge under the force of his attacks.

No Caption Provided

Attack related to as crashing meteors. Dooku had to use the Force heavily to match.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Quote above states Obi Wan bones must compare to the insides of a star ship, tough material that can tank boarding battles without rupture into space. Yet in the next quote Anakins force empowered strength was enough to cause Obi Wan's bones to start breaking.

No Caption Provided

Count Dooku with all his 100+ ton TK power hurls a piece of Durasteel at Skywalker. Durasteel is one of the toughest materials in SWs fiction. Anakin with his insane force strength smashes it aside.

I argue Skywalker is much faster via Force Amp as well than Vader or Starkiller could ever hope to be.

No Caption Provided

Anakin out speeds tank fire.

No Caption Provided

Anakin is so fast, that Dooku has reach his limits trying to keep up. Even when using his Force reserves.

Anakin with incredible agility out speeds super sonic+ missiles design to chase down star fighters, and cuts them cut them down.

Anakin's speeder shrieked through the rain, dodging forked bolts of lightning that shot up from towers into the clouds, slicing across traffic lanes, screaming past spacescrapers so fast that his shock-wake cracked windows as he passed.

Revenge of the Sith

Anakin stated to dodge Lightning with his reaction time.

No Caption Provided

Reacts to Force Lightning after it has been fired. Meaning he had to actively bring up his lightsaber in time to block a electric attack that moves at 1/20th speed of light.

No Caption Provided

Shows the speed perception to guide a Shuttle dropping out of Hyperspace through a space battle.

Show the ability to blindly sense when to drop from Hyper Space without crashing into a planet at MFTL speeds

Seriously, go ahead and try to shown me Stakiller using the force to attack or empower himself in ways that compare, I will wait.