• 66 results
#51 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think of the point until when I was reading Jarlaxle's wiki page and got to his Languages section. I had completely forgotten about the Whistle. Ogami's wiki isn't detailed enough then because it did not list him growing up in Europe.

Either way, it was entertaining to debate against you. Good luck.

#52 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think of the point until when I was reading Jarlaxle's wiki page and got to his Languages section. I had completely forgotten about the Whistle. Ogami's wiki isn't detailed enough then because it did not list him growing up in Europe.

Either way, it was entertaining to debate against you. Good luck.

Agreed, I wouldn't mind winning or losing here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#53 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Floopay. DireDrill did well, but his lack of scans really didn't help him out all to much.

#54 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: I can't provide scans for my plan any more than Forge can tell you how he builds his devices. (Note: He has to reverse engineer all of his tech because he doesn't understand what he just did.) But thanks again for voting for pretty pictures.

#55 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for @sovereign91001, he provided a lot of valid points throughout this debate, and I really do think he was the superior debate, and his team would win.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#57 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: Take it easy man.. Debating here without scans, is like writing a persuasive essay without any quote or supporting points. Make good arguments all you want, i you don't have scans to back them up, they don't compare to good arguments that do.

#58 Edited by Sovereign91001 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I think you put this in the wrong place dude :)

#59 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: These aren't english papers. This isn't a court of law. This isn't a scientific hypothesis. This is a debate. You can't use any other form of discourse in an analogy because that would like using one car as a reason why another car is wrong. "Your car doesn't have 4 windows so it is wrong." See how ridiculous that is?

Let's say that we are debating black versus white. I post the exact calculations for how white doesn't absorb as much heat and the other guy just says that black doesn't show dirt. By your logic, you must deem white the better shade because he had evidence to back up his point. Does that not seem illogical to you?

It is especially ridiculous because my whole plan is to render all of his scans that support his team completely inoperable. His other scans do nothing but show devices that my team is not building in the first place and their limitations so they are useless. He fails to provide any scans to support his team being able to work together at all so how did you address that point in your voting process? Again, I ask you, which of my points are falsehoods? Which are lies? If you can't answer that question then you really can't say that scans play a part.

#60 Edited by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know why you think your team can build a Neo Neutralizer in what amounts to a couple of minutes. Forge takes time to think through what he builds so the telepathic link wouldn't make it much faster than him explaining what he needs -- and if you want to go with the "he just builds things instinctively" thing that he sometimes does, then there's no way Jeffries can interact with what he's building because there's no way for them to be on the same page. Not to mention your idea of building it in Mancha makes absolutely no sense because Mancha is not nearly big enough to house something so large and there's absolutely no reason to think Madison or Forge could make such a powerful device that small. On top of that, you apparently also had enough time to build anti neutralizers for your own members.

The worst part? Your team somehow comes up with this plan without prep. They get dropped in the battlefield and instantly go to work, as if they knew exactly what they had to do. The cornerstone of building overpowered devices in comics is prep and you ignored it.

I might've bought it if you used the prep perk so your team actually could come up with such a complicated strategy and prepped the device knowledge beforehand so they could make it and the counter neutralizers as soon as the fight started, but that's the nail in the coffin for me. There's no way you could do everything you're doing in the couple of minutes it takes Floopay's characters to reach you. It'd take you a minute just to set up the tp links and build the counter neutralizers. You'd be partway through construction before his characters drop in, disorganized or not.

The only reason I'm not voting is because I believe it is a draw. Your stroke of brilliance was abusing the vibranium perk to put the key somewhere where Floopay has no way of reaching it. No one on his team is tech savvy enough to get into it after killing your team off, so he can't complete the goal.

#61 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Did you not read that I am using Sage's telepathy to bridge them together? Did you not read that the planning session and design session is happening in Sage's superhumanly fast brain? Did you not read that my team isn't so much building a neo-neutralizer but a tailor made inhibitor field? Did you not read that Forge built an inhibitor field into his bionic leg? Did you not read my last post at all? Almost all of your issues are addressed there and Floopay didn't have time to post a rebuttal so he did not counter it.

#62 Edited by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Did you not read that I am using Sage's telepathy to bridge them together? Did you not read that the planning session and design session is happening in Sage's superhumanly fast brain? Did you not read that my team isn't so much building a neo-neutralizer but a tailor made inhibitor field? Did you not read that Forge built an inhibitor field into his bionic leg? Did you not read my last post at all? Almost all of your issues are addressed there and Floopay didn't have time to post a rebuttal so he did not counter it.

Yes, I even pointed out your TP link in my post. I don't understand how Sage can magically increase the thinking speed of three other people, though(If she can, give me a scan), and it's FORGE'S mind that needs to do the creating by your own admission.

Your team literally shows up and knows exactly how to build a complex device practically instantly with no foreknowledge that they need to. There's no slack for them to come up with a plan and building a device that projects a five mile wide power dampener (of questionable efficacy considering your best argument was "Superhuman beings!" rather than showings). You act like they show up on the island and know precisely what they need to build, why they need to build it, and have the materials and the energy source to power such a device. I think it's a patently absurd premise.

#63 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps you may remember the multiple times that Professor X and Emma Frost have held entire meetings telepathically that only took moments of real time? Telepathy allows meetings to take place at the power of thought. Have you seen Inception? Same thing basically.

My team knows exactly what they are getting into, they have Full Knowledge on the other team and they know their objective. Keep in mind that deploying a power inhibitor against his former teammate and former flame was Forge's exact strategy in Ghost Box which is why I referred to that exact thing multiple times in my posts.

Again, my posts tell you exactly where I get the materials and energy from nanite-infused living dynamo of Victor Mancha. The guy is literally all the resources I need.

I can't show you a scan of a tailor made inhibitor field just like I couldn't show you a scan of artificially created mutants, watch-size time travel devices, or his bionic leg inhibitor field until Forge decided to build them. That is kind of how his powers work if you have an issue with that you can always write to Marvel.

Lastly, you are making several points that Floopay DID NOT MAKE. If he did not make the point then you discard it regardless of what your actual opinion on the matter is. If it wasn't said, then it does not count. This wasn't Dredeuced versus DireDrill, this was Floopay versus DireDrill.

#64 Edited by Dredeuced (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

Floopay made much more detailed skeptical assessments of your building the entire device in the appropriate time. His very first post in response to the Neo Neutralizer argument is as much and I thought your counter argument was very thin and presumptive. He also brought up the efficacy of the neo neutralizers effects on things its untested against, such as also building it in such a way, in the short time it takes his team to get there, to specifically counter the physiology of all of his team.

The argument of "My team goes there and kills you with their superior combat abilities before you finish making it" was good enough for me, I just think he's unlucky that he didn't have an eventuality to deal with using vibranium to make the key inaccessible or I'd vote for him.

#65 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Floopay.

#66 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this was a long one. Took me 2 days lol. Going with Floopay.

#67 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

With a score of 5-3 @floopay advances to the next round. Congrats, swing by the sign up thread and pick your reward for the next round