• 65 results
#1 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Floopay's Team:

Jarlaxle Baenre (No Ring of Three Wishes) (Sellsword Trilogy)

Sesshomaru (Inuyasha) (Full Feats, has first sword, and tessaiga) (Manga Version)

Seras Victoria (Hellsing, Post-Blood Drinking)

Ogami Rei (Code: Breaker) (Katana)

Perks:

Team Knowledge: Team is given full knowledge on other team

Defense Amp: Jarlaxle Baenre (Given a full vibranium mesh suit)

Defense Amp: Ogami Rei (Given a full vibranium mesh suit)

DireDrill's Team:

Sage

Madison Jefferies (No Box)

Forge

Victor Mancha

Perks:

Team Knowledge: Team is given full knowledge on other team
Defense Amp: Victor Mancha (Given a full vibranium mesh suit)

Gear Up: Forge is given his Neutrilizer Gun

Round 1: Treasure Island

Starting distance 2.5 miles

Time Limit: N/A

Objectives: Each team is given a key card that one member must keep on their person at all times. The card contains half the code to an impenetrable/indestructible safe located in the middle of an aircraft hangar. In order to advance to the next round all members of the opposing team must be eliminated and their key card retrieved. Once both objectives are complete and the safe is opened Your team will find a Mother Box that will boomtube them to their next location and a reward for their efforts.

Rules: Winner by K.O., Death or Incap.

For anyone that has managed to sneak a character in who has feats above level, those feats will not be applicable.

All character's are in character, with standard gear and have basic knowledge unless they have prior knowledge.

Team 1 is Blue, Team 2 is Red, Aircraft Hangar is yellow.

The first team to finish their debate and tag me get's first pick of the rewards for round 2.

You may select 1 Team Perk and 2 Individual Perks (for two different characters.)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#2 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill

Alright, match is up.

I'm going to take a few days to finish a book, and gather up some feats. Be posting in here by Wednesday or Thursday I would think.
Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by dondave (38631 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good

#4 Posted by Juiceboks (9879 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait to see how this one turns out.

#5 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'll get things rolling I guess.

First, I'll start with a basic rundown of my team.

Sage - Sage is basically a human (well mutant actually) computer. She has unlimited memory and processes information at high speeds. She is an able combatant, marksman, and tactician. In addition to this, she is an able telepath and has the ability to jump start mutant powers. She wears a pair of glasses that grant her cyberpathic abilities.

Madison Jeffries - Madison has the mutant ability to reorder mechanical matter into other mechanical matter like for instance he could make a Toaster into a Taser (All you have to do is take out the O and second T). His ability also gives him a high level of Technopathic ability allowing him to interface directly with any machine. Madison's brain functions much more like a machine than it does a human so he is socially awkward. He is also slightly insane.

Forge - Forge is quite literally the most dangerous person in this tourney. He comes preloaded with an inventive power that puts him on Reed Richards or Doctor Doom's level, he is a master sorcerer specializing in soul magic, and he is an adept combatant with years of combat experience. He is a cyborg which grants him other various abilities like cyberpathy and low level energy manipulation. He was also slightly insane but Cable helped him fix that problem.

Victor Mancha - Victor is the son of Ultron who is destined to take out the Avengers. He is a cyborg that has low level magnetic abilities, can project electric blasts, and has cyberpathic abilities. He has an army of nanites inside him that also facilitate a healing factor. He has only 2 real weaknesses, there are 2 phrases that will shut him down however those phrases are unknown to all but Nico, Chase, and Ultron himself and the other weakness is that he can be hacked but it is no easy task.

Now as to weaknesses in your team.

None of your guys know each other and you don't appear to have a telepath to facilitate their meeting. The chances of them working together are quite limited given you did not take the proper team perk. In contrast, my team has 3 X-men and a Runaway all of which are good guys. They are all team players and will have no qualms with working together once Sage convenes a telepathic meet and greet and planning session. Your team seems to have no tech guys so they'll have no real means of dealing with my teams unparalleled tech advantage. Your team has some magic guys but only one caster which likely puts us on equal footing in magic. Choosing the defense AMP against my team was a bad idea, as now Victor can throw your team around. This battle also takes place in San Francisco which my team knows exceptionally well having lived there for some time.

Now as to some of my team's general plan.

My team is built around tech, hence the name Mean Machine and more specifically around Forge's ability to invent practically anything. One of the big problems that Forge has is how long it takes him to build things because he can only move so fast. This is where Madison Jeffries comes into play, his ability allows for near instantaneous fabrication of anything he can comprehend to build but he can't read Forge's mind so that is where Sage comes in to play. Her telepathy and high mental processing allows her to link both of them and with a little bit of raw materials, they can create damn near anything in seconds. That last bit is where Victor comes into play, as he is the raw materials. his body is filled with nanites and machine components that he can use and access with a thought and they will be turned into various and sundry devices used in this battle. Now what am I going to build?

It is simple, I am going to build a Neo-Neutralizer using the Neutralizer Gun as a basic component so Madison need not spend much time in the modifcation. The Neo-Neutralizer was used to completely neutralize the magic of the entirety of Wraithworld but could be used to neutralize any and all superhuman abilities. As your entire team seems to be made of magic, this will completely render your team's abilities inert leaving them only their skills. Madison will incorporate the Neo-Neutralizer into Victor's body after merging the Vibranium Mesh with his skin making him functionally immune to damage. The Key Card will also be concealed in a Vibranium pouch that makes using it impossible unless you happen to have Madison Jeffries abilities. Even if you manage to defeat my team without any of your powers, you will still be completely unable to complete the objective because none of your people can break through Vibranium especially since they won't have their powers. Forgison also implants anti-power neutralizers subdermally making using the Neo-Neutralizer against them impossible. In addition, Forgison will upgrade Victor's electromagnetic powers allowing him to deploy a powerful forcefield and enhance his senses to allow him to find your team using X-ray. Sage will also use her glasses to hack the satellites and watch your team from the sky.

Having rendered your team powerless and created a powerful forcefield, my team makes their way over to your team where Victor disarms your team of all of its metal weapons. Sage and Forge them use their non lethals to incapacitate your team. They then grab your team's card and proceeds to the hangar where they open the vault, take the Mother Box, and boom tube out.

Your team has no counter to this because again you have no tech guys.

#6 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:Sorry, I forgot to use a callout. But good luck on your rebuttal and your reading.

#7 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Joygirl (20064 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry... I can't vote against someone with Jarlaxle on their team.

#9 Posted by Dredeuced (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: You should probably withhold your vote then.

#10 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:As much as you may like him, he'll be powerless against Forge's Neo-Neutralizer.

#11 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#12 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'll get things rolling I guess.

First, I'll start with a basic rundown of my team.

Sage - Sage is basically a human (well mutant actually) computer. She has unlimited memory and processes information at high speeds. She is an able combatant, marksman, and tactician. In addition to this, she is an able telepath and has the ability to jump start mutant powers. She wears a pair of glasses that grant her cyberpathic abilities.

Madison Jeffries - Madison has the mutant ability to reorder mechanical matter into other mechanical matter like for instance he could make a Toaster into a Taser (All you have to do is take out the O and second T). His ability also gives him a high level of Technopathic ability allowing him to interface directly with any machine. Madison's brain functions much more like a machine than it does a human so he is socially awkward. He is also slightly insane.

Forge - Forge is quite literally the most dangerous person in this tourney. He comes preloaded with an inventive power that puts him on Reed Richards or Doctor Doom's level, he is a master sorcerer specializing in soul magic, and he is an adept combatant with years of combat experience. He is a cyborg which grants him other various abilities like cyberpathy and low level energy manipulation. He was also slightly insane but Cable helped him fix that problem.

Victor Mancha - Victor is the son of Ultron who is destined to take out the Avengers. He is a cyborg that has low level magnetic abilities, can project electric blasts, and has cyberpathic abilities. He has an army of nanites inside him that also facilitate a healing factor. He has only 2 real weaknesses, there are 2 phrases that will shut him down however those phrases are unknown to all but Nico, Chase, and Ultron himself and the other weakness is that he can be hacked but it is no easy task.

Now as to weaknesses in your team.

None of your guys know each other and you don't appear to have a telepath to facilitate their meeting. The chances of them working together are quite limited given you did not take the proper team perk. In contrast, my team has 3 X-men and a Runaway all of which are good guys. They are all team players and will have no qualms with working together once Sage convenes a telepathic meet and greet and planning session. Your team seems to have no tech guys so they'll have no real means of dealing with my teams unparalleled tech advantage. Your team has some magic guys but only one caster which likely puts us on equal footing in magic. Choosing the defense AMP against my team was a bad idea, as now Victor can throw your team around. This battle also takes place in San Francisco which my team knows exceptionally well having lived there for some time.

Now as to some of my team's general plan.

My team is built around tech, hence the name Mean Machine and more specifically around Forge's ability to invent practically anything. One of the big problems that Forge has is how long it takes him to build things because he can only move so fast. This is where Madison Jeffries comes into play, his ability allows for near instantaneous fabrication of anything he can comprehend to build but he can't read Forge's mind so that is where Sage comes in to play. Her telepathy and high mental processing allows her to link both of them and with a little bit of raw materials, they can create damn near anything in seconds. That last bit is where Victor comes into play, as he is the raw materials. his body is filled with nanites and machine components that he can use and access with a thought and they will be turned into various and sundry devices used in this battle. Now what am I going to build?

It is simple, I am going to build a Neo-Neutralizer using the Neutralizer Gun as a basic component so Madison need not spend much time in the modifcation. The Neo-Neutralizer was used to completely neutralize the magic of the entirety of Wraithworld but could be used to neutralize any and all superhuman abilities. As your entire team seems to be made of magic, this will completely render your team's abilities inert leaving them only their skills. Madison will incorporate the Neo-Neutralizer into Victor's body after merging the Vibranium Mesh with his skin making him functionally immune to damage. The Key Card will also be concealed in a Vibranium pouch that makes using it impossible unless you happen to have Madison Jeffries abilities. Even if you manage to defeat my team without any of your powers, you will still be completely unable to complete the objective because none of your people can break through Vibranium especially since they won't have their powers. Forgison also implants anti-power neutralizers subdermally making using the Neo-Neutralizer against them impossible. In addition, Forgison will upgrade Victor's electromagnetic powers allowing him to deploy a powerful forcefield and enhance his senses to allow him to find your team using X-ray. Sage will also use her glasses to hack the satellites and watch your team from the sky.

Having rendered your team powerless and created a powerful forcefield, my team makes their way over to your team where Victor disarms your team of all of its metal weapons. Sage and Forge them use their non lethals to incapacitate your team. They then grab your team's card and proceeds to the hangar where they open the vault, take the Mother Box, and boom tube out.

Your team has no counter to this because again you have no tech guys.

Oh, where do I start.

Neutralizer

Yes, Forge possessed a neurtralizer, but it was very different than the neutralizer used by Rom, which of was Galadorian technology.

Neo-Neutralizer

Using and buildingThe Neo Neutralizer itself is huge. Judging by Rom's size, it's at least 30 feet long (the piece itself), and extends to what looks to be at least 30 feet in all directions. This thing had to be turned into a satellite and orbit Earth in order to really be useful. In this kind of environment, the Neo-Neutralizer's attack would be extremely obstructed from all angles, and it'd be nigh impossible to change directions. Not to mention this thing is made of more than just metal, those look like focus lenses in at least three separate areas, plus it has all the inner workings, which would include rubber (for noise cancellation across wires and etc.), glass, plastic, and a laundry list of other components. To be able to not only acquire all these things, but to construct them, even with Forge and Maddison Jefferies, would be ridiculous.

Over and above this, this Neo-Neutralizer was not born of Forge's neutralizer, it was created from Rom's Neutralizer, a device created to be used against magical beings, as well as super humans.

Forge and the Neo-Neutralizer

Over and the impossibly difficult task of constructing it, and getting it into place (which would either have to be in space, or he would have to build a device to propel it above the ground and keep it above the battle field), there's the concept of even using it. Forge himself was the one who didn't want to use the thing on Earth. Because he feared the catastrophic results of using such a weapon on the planet. That's why it was brought back to the Wraithkind's planet.

So morally speaking, I don't see Forge even using a device, assuming he can make it.

Neutralizer vs. Magic

You see on the one scan it abolishes black magic. But how does it do so?

Because the wraithlike are from another dimension, it doesn't "destroy" the magic, it banished the Wraithkind back to their home dimension, something that wouldn't work against anybody on my team.

Finally

I will provide more on this later, but Jarlaxle's equipment has already resisted attempts to dispel it before in the past, and none of it was even kind of effected. He's also not human, and the qualities he has over humans would be unaffected by such a thing.

Sesshomaru is a demon, and not a human. Therefore something that works against superhumans (as stated by Forge, was designed against mutants, and remained widely untested as he was morally incapable of really using it) shouldn't work against him.

Seras Victoria is no longer human, she is a monster. Even Alexander Anderson says it's shameful that she retains the form of a human when she no longer is one. Her powers are not magical, nor are they suggested as such. In fact, vampires are attempted to be explained through science several times, they are NOT human, they are NOT magical (except Alucard, who isn't magical by nature, just bound and enhanced through magic), and they are not claimed to be such.

Ogami Rei is the only one who could be affected by such a thing, but he has plenty of cover, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Teamwork

My team might not have perfect teamwork, but they aren't exactly a team of lone wolfs either.

Jarlaxle, Ogami, and Seras all have worked for large groups who work both in teams and as individuals. They all take direction and use their teams to accomplish a goal.

Sesshomaru I can't say the same for. He's cocky, arrogant, and likely won't do much more than give my team a heads up about your team's location.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I was wondering if you had forgotten about this.

Neutralizer

This is why it is great that I have Forge AND Madison Jeffries, building anything will take seconds regardless of size. His powers are all about fabricating things in small amounts of time like this robot, which he literally pull out of the wall to defend himself. He pulled a fully automated robot out of a wall in seconds and you think him using the nano-fabricators that are already swarming through Victor would take him any time. If we need more resources my team starts near those 2 Asterisk-Shaped Buildings which just happen to be a Naval Technology Center which means it will be filled with all the necessary military-grade materials I need to build anything I want. With my Gear Up Perk, I gained access to Forge's Neutralizer which will neutralize any super-BEING not super-HUMAN. What value would it be if it could only counter Super-Humans? A whole host of beings on Earth aren't human. Thor for instance is Asgardian, Venom is an Alien Symbiote, etc,.

Of course this isn't the same Neo-Neutralizer that Rom was using, why would it be? This one is made to be smaller in scale and made to specifically to counter your team's abilities, it literally can't be used to do anything but. I assumed that Vampire = Magic, that is my fault but it changes nothing. It doesn't really matter what powers your team has, it still gets countered because I have Full Knowledge on your team. Forge knows exactly how your powers work, how to counter them, what they are weak to and exactly what he needs to build to get the job done. His inventive skill has no limits beyond what he is physically capable of doing and with Madison Jeffries power at his disposal that limitation is no longer a problem. He even used his inventive powers to fix his own brain!

Essentially, Full Knowledge + Forge + Madison + Sage = Neo-Neutralizer capable of neutralizing your team's abilities.

The Wraith likely used magic to enter our dimension so when you cut off their power source they instantly go back.

Sage's morals are what count here as she'll be in the driver's seat, Forge or Madison or Victor's morals are of no consequence here. Forge also had no problem building 2 different power neutralizing devices during the Ghost Box Arc (One in his leg and one in a "Mutant" he made) so I don't see how he would have a problem now.

Jarlaxle's equipment likely resisted someone attempting to magically depower them not technologically. Different thing entirely.

Just be glad I took Full Knowledge and not Bloodlust because then you'd have no chance but I am saving that strategy for when if I get any further.

Teamwork

Sesshoumaru seems to hate humans or anything that is not him, he even hates his half human brother. He will be away from them as fast as he can so don't expect to use him in any specific strategy. Heck, he might not even lift a finger here.

Ogami might also instantly turn on Sesshoumaru or Jarlaxle or Seras as they are all of "evil" composition and he fights evil.

I don't see your team getting along and I even see them fighting each other before they even think about completing the objective.

Your Plan

You have still yet to provide any game plan much less a means of getting through my Vibranium pouch containing the Key Card. You can't complete both objectives regardless of if you can take down my team.

#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see the Sephiroth rebuttal soon!

#15 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

I would hold your vote for now. I didn't know this tournament was starting so soon, so I haven't finished the entire Sellsword Trilogy yet, just the first book. I'll have it finished by next week, but who knows how well I'll do as of now with him.

My Strategy

Jarlaxle should know your teams location thanks to Seras Victoria and Sesshomaru. Because of full knowledge, he'll know your teams capabilities and weaknesses as well.

Opening Strategy:

Jarlaxle will Dimension Door right on top of your team. They'll have no idea he can even do this, and should be caught completely off guard. He'll be levitating about 20 feet in the air when he does, and he'll be bringing Ogami Rei with him. Ogami will fall to the ground, completely unharmed, and will already have Beelzebul activated.

Your team would be completely incinerated, and those who aren't already dead will be sniped by Seras Victoria from across the map, and have no idea she's even there, as well as be stopped in place and have an endless stream of daggers (capable of piercing an elder red dragon's hide, which is several times stronger than steel) being thrown their direction in impossible quantities and with remarkable accuracy.

Because your team is frozen in place, Ogami will easily incinerate them. Victor will easily be incinerated as well, once he's frozen in place, Ogami can just incinerate him from the inside out with his ability (which can affect the inside of a person without ever touching the outside).

Sesshomaru will arrive moments after Jarlaxle and Ogami arrive, and will use his acid claw and sword to annihilate any of those who may remain.

Over and above this, Jarlaxle can trap your team in a globe of darkness, which has a 20 foot radius. He'll cast it right on top of Forge, this will prevent Forge from seeing anything at all, and he'll be stuck in complete darkness. He can also put one up on Sage, making her completely blind as well.

Jarlaxle Baenre

Age: Never revealed, but he has leved for several centuries.

Occupation: Mercenary, Bounty Hunter, Assassin, Treasure Hunter

Jarlaxle vs Entreri, Round 1

Daggers - As the scans show, Jarlaxle throws a near endless stream of daggers, with no limitations as to how many he throws. It's estimated 4 out of every 10 daggers are an illusion, but as stated, they still make noise, and if hit by them, they make the victim feel their weight, and feel the wound. They can even kill an opponent. Because he never has to reach to draw a dagger (as the automatically appear in his hand), he can throw them as fast as his wrist can move.

Jarlaxle vs Hephaestus (Elder Red Dragon, not the god)

Flight - Yes, he's levitating in these scans.

Resistance to Dispel Magic - A powerful dispel magic is cast, and Jarlaxle's equipment is completley uneffected. This dispel was powerful enough to effect 6 people and remove a huge assortment of powerful buffs (all of which Jarlaxle decided he didn't want, so he was completely open to being dispelled).

Ring of Dimension Door - Twice a day, Jarlaxle can conjure a Dimensional Doorway which can carry up to two people with him (up to medium sized).

Cloak of Displacement - This makes it appear as if Jarlaxle is positioned to the right or left of where he currently is. As you can see, a Red Dragon comes at him and hits the stone wall next to him. He's displaced so far from his position that he doesn't even have to dodge the attack, it just misses him.

Wand of Lightning - Jarlaxle can conjure a bolt of lightning with a command word with this thing.

Wand of Ooze - Jarlaxle uses this twice in this battle. The first time, he uses it to pin a Dragon's tail to the ground. The Dragon's tail gets stuck, and it can't get it unstock. Plus it covers a large enough area to easily pin this thing down. The second time he uses it, he seals it's mouth shut, and it can't remove the sticky ooze.

Jarlaxle vs Rai-guy and Haephestus

Resistance to Fire - This dragon's breath melts stone into lava, and Jarlaxle is completely unaffected at ground 0.

Globe of Darkness - He casts globe of darkness on the Crystal Shard, this is the second time in the day he casted it.

Jarlaxle vs Entreri (Round 2)

Cloak of Displacement - Stated more clearly than above.

Portable Magic Hammer - Jarlaxle can pull out a tiny replica of a hammer from his hat, and with a thought it grows to the size of a warhammer (a magic one with enhanced striking power).

I'll expand more on Jarlaxle later if I have to.

Ogami Rei

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil. Burn to Ash." -Ogami Rei

Strength

Ogami Rei holds up 10 tons of debris for awhile before incinerating it.

Durability

Against telekinesisAs you can see, Ogami can withstand a force more than capable of shattering concrete and steel beneath his feat with no injury to himself.

Against crushing attacks.

Ogami stands up against several tons of steel being hurled in his direction with only minimal injury.

Against slashing attacks

Later, it's shown that these attacks are more than capable of cutting down entire trees. Yet Ogami tanks wave after wave of these attacks, and this is before he becomes even stronger and more durable.

Speed and Reflexes

Easily dodges and deflects several slashing attacks, and bullets with only using his left hand.

Satan's Blue Flame

Illusions and Origins - As you can see, it can be used to force a person to see their own death, and the pain they've caused others. Pretty potent.

Bypass Durability - That's right, unlike other attacks, this one doesn't even have to burn somebody from the outside in, he can just create a fire over somebodies organs and incinerate them from the inside.

Invisible Flames of Beelzebul

This creates a wide area in which he can incinerate things. This melts steel, which is at least 1500 degrees Celsius (obviously much higher, considering the steel melts almost instantly). Over and above this, he can control it. He's used it on 3 seperate occasions with his allies right next to him, and it burns everything he wants, and leaves his allies and things he wants unharmed...well, unharmed.

Seras Victoria

Accuracy

Unmatched. Seras can not only see your team from over 3.5 miles away. Over and above this, she was capable of sniping a vampires (moving at superhuman speeds), from that distance and score a headshot, easily.

Not good enough? Performs a similar feet from over 2.5 miles away, except this time holding the rifle with one hand and in full automatic. She hits both hostile and friendly targets, but the point still stands (if she's not going full auto, which she won't, it won't be a problem anyway).

Team's too durable? Not a problem

The Harkonnen

Depleted Uranium - For the most part, these types of shells were discontinued for military use because of their faint radioactivity which is harmful to one's health. But they are still used to a small degree, they are made of depleted uranium, which is stronger than steel and is especially helpful for piercing armored targets (tanks, and etc.)

Explosive - Just as it suggests. These are anti-armored vehicle rounds, so these are meant to be used against tanks, but Hellsing uses them for mopping up huge groups of mobs instead.

In action

Combine her incredible accuracy with a cannon with much longer range than a 13.7mm rifle, and with much more destructive power and force, and a faster traveling projectile, and you have a force to be reckoned with.

Remember, this isn't a "gun", it's a "cannon".

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru vs. Inuyasha (Round 1)

Acid Claws - Capable of melting his father's bones, which have stood up with only minimal damage against a diamond attack (that is, an attack from a superpowered being that was composed of diamond).

Super Speed - When Inuyasha is mid-strike, and only inches away from Sesshomaru's face, Sesshomaru goes from a standing position, to standing right next to Kagome, who is over 20 feet away. All this in the time it takes Inuyasha to finish saying his last word and closing that gap of only a few inches (remember, he's already mid-strike and launched himself).

Punching Power / Strength

He hits Inuyasha so hard, that he launches him into the ground, burrowing him deep and leaving a small crater.

Superhuman Senses

I can find better examples if you'd like, but he has no idea where his follower, Rin, is, and tracks her several miles to her location. Easily mind you. Also, he flies off in these scans as well, and can fly as fast as he can move on the ground.

Sesshomaru's Weapon

In this instance, he's using a sword that is capable of piercing material harder than diamond. Over and above that, blocking it isn't enough to stop it's attack. Inuyasha (someone who has withstood being hit by a cannonball without any injury) BLOCKS Sesshomaru's attack, and it still cuts him all over his body.

Over and above this, it can be used at range, notice how he just points it at Inuyasha from over 10 feet away, and Inuyasha flies back with cuts appearing all over his body.

Superhuman Senses - He can smell Inuyasha's blood, and can even sense the instant it changes.

Advantages:

Physical - My team, as I see of now, has every conceivable advantage in terms of speed, strength, and durability.

Air Superiority - I have 3 characters who can fly at will. This is a huge advantage for my team and gives a whole new level of battlefield superiority.

Knowledge - Knowing your teams arsenal, their powers, their strengths, and their weaknesses gives my team a huge advantage.

Versatility - I have a huge advantage in power range and ability range here, given both through items and natural abilities.

Knowledge/Experience - Seras and Ogami are about on your teams level of age and experience. However, both Sesshomaru and Jarlaxle have several centuries of battle experience, training, and knowledge to call upon.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I was wondering if you had forgotten about this.

Neutralizer

This is why it is great that I have Forge AND Madison Jeffries, building anything will take seconds regardless of size. His powers are all about fabricating things in small amounts of time like this robot, which he literally pull out of the wall to defend himself. He pulled a fully automated robot out of a wall in seconds and you think him using the nano-fabricators that are already swarming through Victor would take him any time. If we need more resources my team starts near those 2 Asterisk-Shaped Buildings which just happen to be a Naval Technology Center which means it will be filled with all the necessary military-grade materials I need to build anything I want. With my Gear Up Perk, I gained access to Forge's Neutralizer which will neutralize any super-BEING not super-HUMAN. What value would it be if it could only counter Super-Humans? A whole host of beings on Earth aren't human. Thor for instance is Asgardian, Venom is an Alien Symbiote, etc,.

Of course this isn't the same Neo-Neutralizer that Rom was using, why would it be? This one is made to be smaller in scale and made to specifically to counter your team's abilities, it literally can't be used to do anything but. I assumed that Vampire = Magic, that is my fault but it changes nothing. It doesn't really matter what powers your team has, it still gets countered because I have Full Knowledge on your team. Forge knows exactly how your powers work, how to counter them, what they are weak to and exactly what he needs to build to get the job done. His inventive skill has no limits beyond what he is physically capable of doing and with Madison Jeffries power at his disposal that limitation is no longer a problem. He even used his inventive powers to fix his own brain!

Essentially, Full Knowledge + Forge + Madison + Sage = Neo-Neutralizer capable of neutralizing your team's abilities.

The Wraith likely used magic to enter our dimension so when you cut off their power source they instantly go back.

Sage's morals are what count here as she'll be in the driver's seat, Forge or Madison or Victor's morals are of no consequence here. Forge also had no problem building 2 different power neutralizing devices during the Ghost Box Arc (One in his leg and one in a "Mutant" he made) so I don't see how he would have a problem now.

Jarlaxle's equipment likely resisted someone attempting to magically depower them not technologically. Different thing entirely.

Just be glad I took Full Knowledge and not Bloodlust because then you'd have no chance but I am saving that strategy for when if I get any further.

Teamwork

Sesshoumaru seems to hate humans or anything that is not him, he even hates his half human brother. He will be away from them as fast as he can so don't expect to use him in any specific strategy. Heck, he might not even lift a finger here.

Ogami might also instantly turn on Sesshoumaru or Jarlaxle or Seras as they are all of "evil" composition and he fights evil.

I don't see your team getting along and I even see them fighting each other before they even think about completing the objective.

Your Plan

You have still yet to provide any game plan much less a means of getting through my Vibranium pouch containing the Key Card. You can't complete both objectives regardless of if you can take down my team.

This is still assuming, of course, that Rom's Neutralizer and Forge's neutralizer are the same. Which they are not.

Forge's neutralizer was very much untested, and only used a few times and designed specifically to counter mutants, not all beings. It was NOT, all encompassing. The all-encompassing Neutralizer was used by Rom, NOT Forge. The only person ever able to use Rom's neutralizer that wasn't Rom himself was Kitty Pryde.

Forge's Neutralizer was a copy, and incapable of producing the same results.

My team:

Why would they fight each other? The OP CLEARLY states that my team has the same goal. Why on Earth would they randomly abandon their goal and attack each other? Are you implying my team is stupid? They are in a fight together, and though they might not operate like a well oiled machine, the OP clearly states that they are fighting for the same goal, they all are prepared to fight as a team, and are going against each other.

They aren't stupid, and they've all fought in teams. Sesshomaru is even in a group with 2 humans throughout the Manga, and works with Inuyasha in his team on several occasions.

Ogami is evil himself, and none of my team are particularly bad people as far as he knows.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#17 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you not read what Forge said? He said it will work on every Super-Being mutant or not so it will work on your entire team. Also Forge can make ANYTHING he wants which means that given the raw materials, Sage can make it do whatever she wants. His power is literally to make any device he can think of without needing to know how to build it. Forge solved the M-day problem before anyone else had even come close and he is not a geneticist. Why do you keep talking about Forge's previous neutralizer? That will only exist for mere moments before it is changed into a neo-neutralizer.

You think your team is going to coordinate well enough in less time than it takes for my team to bring the Neo-Neutralizer online? Your team may have full knowledge on my team but they know nothing about each other and they don't have the benefit of a telepath connecting them together. How is Jarlaxle going to know to take Ogami with him? Why would he take anyone with him? Do you know how long it takes for superheroes who have a generalized idea of what each other is capable of doing to come up with a plan much less initiate it? You are looking at 5 minutes minimum which is more than enough time for the Neo-Neutralizer to come online since my team will be thinking at Sage's superfast computational speed. If you wanted to launch a plan that requires such ridiculous coordination and speed, you should have taken the Prep rather than the Knowledge. You don't have prep here so your team will spend the first moments bickering while my team is instantly interconnected telepathically. Say goodbye to that plan but thanks for giving my team at least 5 minutes of prep by choosing a team that has little knowledge on each other.

Let's say that you do get to deploy your plan. My team has full knowledge which means they will know about the Dimension Door and expect it given that they have ample experience dealing with teleporters what with Nightcrawler being an X-men. Teleporting above people is Nightcrawler's favorite trick so all 3 of my X-men will be expecting this tactic from a teleporter. When you teleport through, Victor grabs and immobilizes both of them and then tases them unconscious. Jarlaxle and Ogami both need to move to use their powers so that go down hard. Bad idea using two people coated in metal against a magnetokinetic. While this is going on, Madison is amping Victor's power, building in the Neo Neutralizer and creating the vibranium skin via Forge's abilities under Sage's direction. With Jarlaxle unconscious, Madison goes over and pulls a robot out his equipment. It will have all of his magic abilities, vibranium skin, and will be a great weapon against your team. Thanks for gifting my team with such a powerful ally. Good idea using a sniper rifle and daggers on a magnetokinetic. Victor will love throwing them back at you. You might also notice that my team is behind a 2-3 story building so I don't know how you are going to get a shot off before my team's electromagnetic shield is up.

Maybe you should read up on Dispel Magic. You might find it interesting that Dispel Magic only works on characters not magic items. Since most of Jarlaxle's abilities come from items he wasn't hindered. That isn't a feat of resisting any neutralization much less technological neutralization. You've proved nothing other than that you don't play D&D.

Sesshoumaru may very well need to be DQd after that speed feat. As Inuyasha is easily as fast as Spider-man and Sesshoumaru is faster.

As for your so called "advantages." Let's go over them.

Physicals I can amp Victor to any power levels I so choose. Heck, I could make him Magneto or Electro if I wanted. I have literally any physicals I want.

Air Superiority Your team can't fly without power so nope to that one.

Knowledge My team knows everything about your team as well as about things that they can't even comprehend because the science does not exist in any of their worlds.

Versatility I have tech, magic, superhumans, and telepathy. You have magic and superhumans, you tell me who is more versatile.

Experience Who cares? Experience means nothing against technology. Before the advent of guns, experienced warriors were in high demand. After guns became a thing, experienced warriors were no longer needed as anyone with a gun > experienced warrior. Now we have drones that are literally forcing experienced terrorists into planting trees to hide. Experience is trash.

As to my team's advantages:

Teamwork Your team's ability to work together is laughable at best while my team is a well oiled Mean Machine.

Versatility My team can invent and implement anything they need to win which means I have infinite versatility in addition to my well rounded team.

Defense My defense is tailor-made to stop your team's offensive ability.

Knowledge We both know everything about each other's team it is an advantage to neither. However, my team has knowledge of technology that your team can't even comprehend because it just does not exist for them.

Magnetokinesis Most of your people use metal weapons or have metal armor so they are mine to play with as I wish.

No Win Scenario Even if you defeat my team you CAN'T get to the Keycard to use it so you never get into the safe. I don't even need your card to get into it. My team could go directly there and open it and boom tube out. Madison can just alter the card reader and pop it open.

@sovereign91001, I need a bit of a ruling here. In Sherlock's battle, you limited Omi to just 3 Shen Gong Wu despite having access to all of them by the end of the series. Does Jarlaxle have access to all of his toys or just a select few? Also, given Sesshoumaru's speed feat here, does he still qualify?

#18 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: @floopay: Alrighty I've read both of your debates so here are my rulings on what Diredrill asked me and a couple other things that I feel need to be addressed

1. You both need the other's keycard to win the scenario, the safe is impenetrable otherwise. You may not destroy or alter the card, hiding it (as long as it remains on one of your team's person) is legal. If neither of you can obtain the other's card the voters will decide who's scenario was more plausible.

2. @diredrill you may not amplify Victor's power levels to Magneto/Electro levels both are above limits, if you can max his power to the tournament limits that is fine.

3. Regarding gear the difference is Omi while having accsess to Wu's is he generally doesn't carry all of them with him, the three I listed for him were (more or less) the one's he used the most often. Jarlaxle on the other hand generally carries all his gear on him. Much how Batman carries a large arsenal with him into battle but pieces of equipment he has accsess to (the Talon suit etc.) he but doesn't generally carry with him.

4. Regarding Shesshomaru I'm not going to DQ a character this late into a debate which is why I put this in the rules : For anyone that has managed to sneak a character in who has feats above level, those feats will not be applicable. @floopay that speed feat seems on the line to me, on the one hand the speed shown moving faster than Inuyasha can track (who's senses are more acute than human senses and who's reflexes I'd put between Wolverine and Spider-Man) seems very fast, on the other hand Wolverine had more or less the same thing happen with the Gorgan (who is legal in this tourney). So I'm going to rule that speed feat being legal with the addendum that his speed can't exceede that level shown, the exception being he has a perk that raises his reflexes. Sound fair to you both?

#19 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: @floopay: Alrighty I've read both of your debates so here are my rulings on what Diredrill asked me and a couple other things that I feel need to be addressed

1. You both need the other's keycard to win the scenario, the safe is impenetrable otherwise. You may not destroy or alter the card, hiding it (as long as it remains on one of your team's person) is legal. If neither of you can obtain the other's card the voters will decide who's scenario was more plausible.

2. @diredrill you may not amplify Victor's power levels to Magneto/Electro levels both are above limits, if you can max his power to the tournament limits that is fine.

3. Regarding gear the difference is Omi while having accsess to Wu's is he generally doesn't carry all of them with him, the three I listed for him were (more or less) the one's he used the most often. Jarlaxle on the other hand generally carries all his gear on him. Much how Batman carries a large arsenal with him into battle but pieces of equipment he has accsess to (the Talon suit etc.) he but doesn't generally carry with him.

4. Regarding Shesshomaru I'm not going to DQ a character this late into a debate which is why I put this in the rules : For anyone that has managed to sneak a character in who has feats above level, those feats will not be applicable. @floopay that speed feat seems on the line to me, on the one hand the speed shown moving faster than Inuyasha can track (who's senses are more acute than human senses and who's reflexes I'd put between Wolverine and Spider-Man) seems very fast, on the other hand Wolverine had more or less the same thing happen with the Gorgan (who is legal in this tourney). So I'm going to rule that speed feat being legal with the addendum that his speed can't exceede that level shown, the exception being he has a perk that raises his reflexes. Sound fair to you both?

Sesshomaru's overall speed is about on Spider Man's level.

@sovereign91001 said:

@floopay @cadencev2:

Diredrill would like clarification on your teams capabilities.

@diredrill: I'll let you know Garra can manipulate sand, into a variety of ways. Yuske can generate his spiritual energy from his fingertip in a blast called his Rei(Spirit) Gun. and Kurama can grow and control various plants.

Ogami Rei

Strength - 10-20 ton range

Speed - Bullet Timer, maybe a little higher, above peak human running speeds, but nowhere near as fast as a speeding vehicle.

Durability - Well below Luke Cage, but can tank things like being hit by a car.

Manipulates heat, can do some illusionary attacks, can cancel certain powers and protections, etc.

Jarlaxle Baenre

Strength - Below 1 ton

Speed - Bullet Timer Range

Durability - Can survive slashses from superior metals thanks to his armor and equipment, but his base durability isn't above that of a normal humans

Real Power - Carries a huge arsenal of magical weapons and artifacts. Gives him things like flight, some illusion casting, create gusts of wind, resistance to the elements, temporary barriers, etc.

Sesshomaru

Strength - Hard to say. His striking power allows him to cut through trees with his fingers, dice apart stone, and etc.

Speed - Above bullet timer, and his running speed is likely 30 mph or so. He is a bit faster than Inuyasha, who is about up to speed with a vehicle in a public area (so 25-30 mph), but not much faster.

Durability - Above human, below Luke Cage, I can say that with certainty.

Other Powers - Can produce acids, can shapeshift into a giant wolf that can fly. He has two swords throughout the series, I'm going to use him from the end of the series, but was going to use his first sword. His final sword's ability is it continues to slash an opponent once he makes a single cut, but I think that might be OP, so I'd like to use his first sword, that just had a ranged attack, and was of superior durability.

Seras Victoria

Strength - 20 ton range I'd say.

Speed - Above Bullet Timer, immense speed. At least as fast as Sesshomaru.

Durability - Can tank steel busting attacks, but not too much above that. Has a potent healing factor to compliment her durability though

Other Powers - Godly marksmanship, can manipulate her one arm across a medium distance, it can penetrate through steel pretty easily. She has a second person within her body that helps her tactically, and provides her with a bonus to her awareness. She's also a vampire, so decapitation, holy/anti-evil weapons, or a stake through the heart are the only means of killing her.

Here's the full quote. Before the tournament started I was pretty open about my team's overall capabilities.

Spider Man's swing speed is about on par with Sesshomaru's travel speed (which I've stated to be about 30 mph based on Inuyasha's land speed, and etc.), and his combat speed is about the same as well.

And I think most of his speed feats are about on par with that one, so I'm fine with that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you not read what Forge said? He said it will work on every Super-Being mutant or not so it will work on your entire team. Also Forge can make ANYTHING he wants which means that given the raw materials, Sage can make it do whatever she wants. His power is literally to make any device he can think of without needing to know how to build it. Forge solved the M-day problem before anyone else had even come close and he is not a geneticist. Why do you keep talking about Forge's previous neutralizer? That will only exist for mere moments before it is changed into a neo-neutralizer.

You think your team is going to coordinate well enough in less time than it takes for my team to bring the Neo-Neutralizer online? Your team may have full knowledge on my team but they know nothing about each other and they don't have the benefit of a telepath connecting them together. How is Jarlaxle going to know to take Ogami with him? Why would he take anyone with him? Do you know how long it takes for superheroes who have a generalized idea of what each other is capable of doing to come up with a plan much less initiate it? You are looking at 5 minutes minimum which is more than enough time for the Neo-Neutralizer to come online since my team will be thinking at Sage's superfast computational speed. If you wanted to launch a plan that requires such ridiculous coordination and speed, you should have taken the Prep rather than the Knowledge. You don't have prep here so your team will spend the first moments bickering while my team is instantly interconnected telepathically. Say goodbye to that plan but thanks for giving my team at least 5 minutes of prep by choosing a team that has little knowledge on each other.

Let's say that you do get to deploy your plan. My team has full knowledge which means they will know about the Dimension Door and expect it given that they have ample experience dealing with teleporters what with Nightcrawler being an X-men. Teleporting above people is Nightcrawler's favorite trick so all 3 of my X-men will be expecting this tactic from a teleporter. When you teleport through, Victor grabs and immobilizes both of them and then tases them unconscious. Jarlaxle and Ogami both need to move to use their powers so that go down hard. Bad idea using two people coated in metal against a magnetokinetic. While this is going on, Madison is amping Victor's power, building in the Neo Neutralizer and creating the vibranium skin via Forge's abilities under Sage's direction. With Jarlaxle unconscious, Madison goes over and pulls a robot out his equipment. It will have all of his magic abilities, vibranium skin, and will be a great weapon against your team. Thanks for gifting my team with such a powerful ally. Good idea using a sniper rifle and daggers on a magnetokinetic. Victor will love throwing them back at you. You might also notice that my team is behind a 2-3 story building so I don't know how you are going to get a shot off before my team's electromagnetic shield is up.

Maybe you should read up on Dispel Magic. You might find it interesting that Dispel Magic only works on characters not magic items. Since most of Jarlaxle's abilities come from items he wasn't hindered. That isn't a feat of resisting any neutralization much less technological neutralization. You've proved nothing other than that you don't play D&D.

Sesshoumaru may very well need to be DQd after that speed feat. As Inuyasha is easily as fast as Spider-man and Sesshoumaru is faster.

As for your so called "advantages." Let's go over them.

Physicals I can amp Victor to any power levels I so choose. Heck, I could make him Magneto or Electro if I wanted. I have literally any physicals I want.

Air Superiority Your team can't fly without power so nope to that one.

Knowledge My team knows everything about your team as well as about things that they can't even comprehend because the science does not exist in any of their worlds.

Versatility I have tech, magic, superhumans, and telepathy. You have magic and superhumans, you tell me who is more versatile.

Experience Who cares? Experience means nothing against technology. Before the advent of guns, experienced warriors were in high demand. After guns became a thing, experienced warriors were no longer needed as anyone with a gun > experienced warrior. Now we have drones that are literally forcing experienced terrorists into planting trees to hide. Experience is trash.

As to my team's advantages:

Teamwork Your team's ability to work together is laughable at best while my team is a well oiled Mean Machine.

Versatility My team can invent and implement anything they need to win which means I have infinite versatility in addition to my well rounded team.

Defense My defense is tailor-made to stop your team's offensive ability.

Knowledge We both know everything about each other's team it is an advantage to neither. However, my team has knowledge of technology that your team can't even comprehend because it just does not exist for them.

Magnetokinesis Most of your people use metal weapons or have metal armor so they are mine to play with as I wish.

No Win Scenario Even if you defeat my team you CAN'T get to the Keycard to use it so you never get into the safe. I don't even need your card to get into it. My team could go directly there and open it and boom tube out. Madison can just alter the card reader and pop it open.

@sovereign91001, I need a bit of a ruling here. In Sherlock's battle, you limited Omi to just 3 Shen Gong Wu despite having access to all of them by the end of the series. Does Jarlaxle have access to all of his toys or just a select few? Also, given Sesshoumaru's speed feat here, does he still qualify?

The Neutralizer has to actually hit my team to work. Even the Neo-Neutralizer. We have a giant building between your team and mine, and there's nothing to suggest the Neo-Neutralizer can shoot through the impenetrable building (as stated in the OP, it's indestructible and impenetrable).

As for the Neo Neutralizer, that's still questionable as to whether or not your team could build one. Your team doesn't have any more prep than mine, and there isn't really much metal on this battle field to create one. Forge's neutralizer isn't the same as Rom's neutralizer, and therefore the same machine wouldn't work on both of them. Your talking about him instantly coming up with a plan to create this thing, that has never been created in comics, from materials that he doesn't have near him in the same time it takes my team to come up with a very simple, and straight forward plan.

As for getting into the building - I already thought of doing something similar, as my team can make a hole in any material for my team to walk through, and can even teleport into the building. However, I figured Sovereign intended those to be useless to make things fair, so I haven't bothered to make that argument. Otherwise my team could teleport in and out and be done.

Actually Building it - Forge isnt' the only one involved here. You have to remember, to build something this complex he has to have Maddison Jeffres construct EXACTLY what he's thinking about. Without blue prints, without an outline, without a diagram, without a napkin with a poorly stenciled drawing on it. Maddison Jeffres has never built a Neutralizer, anything that resembles a Neutralizer, or anything nearing it's capacities. I think it's a pretty big leap of faith to assume that he can build this thing, in one shot, off of a description provided to him by Forge. You have to remember, Forge doesn't have Maddison's abilities, and Maddison doesn't have Forge's knowledge of the Neutralizer. Even with the speed at which Maddison can build things, Forge still has to instruct him as to all the specifics, and it's not exactly like it's a straight forward machine. In all honesty, this thing should take hours to get up and running.

Even with Sage, there still has to be time for an exchange of information, whether it's vocally or telepathically, your team still has to relay and comprehend every little detail, and in something as delicate as this thing, there are going to be a lot of little details. Over and above this, even if he reconstructs Rom's Neo-Neutralizer and make it work with his Neutralizer, he's going to have to figure out how to shrink it down to a reasonable size to even be usable. There are a lot of calculations, relaying of information and etc.

Hitting my team with the Neutralizer - Sesshomaru can easily hear your team from across the battlefield, and smell their location. Seras Victoria could see your team from several miles away. My team has all sorts of cover, and obstacles between them and your team. Not to mention, she is a godly level marksman, capable of hitting vampires from miles away who are in full sprint and killing them in one shot. Given her armor piercing rounds, she could easily take your team out.

Ogami Rei

Once my team teleports on top of yours, the Neutralizer, the Neo Neutralizer, and all your metal components will be useless. As shown in my scan of Beelzebul, that attack melts steel quickly, which would destroy the Neo Neutralizer and the Neutralizer.

Seras Victoria

Seras is extreme fast herself, capable of blitzing a group of vampires.

I don't see why she couldn't be sniping your team, and the Neo-Neutralizer with her Harkonnen. The Harkonnen would destroy the neutralizer with a single round, and she has full knowledge on your team and their weaponry.

My Strategy

@sovereign91001 can clarify for me, but I'm assuming my team knows each others powers, at the very least.

Physicals - You have one guy who can become stronger than my team. However, the rest of my team would still be stronger, and faster than everyone but that one person.

Air Superiority - I still have it, you have to hit my team with the Neutralizer for it to work.

Versatility - You seem to be drastically underplaying my team here. I have Lightning, Adhesives, Teleportation, Flight, Superhuman abilities across the board on all characters, heat manipulation, superhuman senses.

Team Work - Why is it laughable? Sesshomaru, probably won't take direction. I understand that. He'll charge in, and probably go around the Neo-Neutralizer (remember, he can smell your team from miles away, and can easily hear them as well. Seras Victoria can easily see them from these distances as well. Ogami has encountered people who can shift metal on a moment's notice, and turn them into massive projectiles, so it's not like he won't know how to handle such a thing.

Why my team works together, and would work together:

Jarlaxle Baenre - Jarlaxle has spent centuries working as the leader of the greatest mercenary guild in the world. He often works with others, he's a brilliant strategist, and knows how to coordinate a team like no other. He's dealt with demon's in the past, and demon's in D&D are much more stubborn than Sesshomaru, who didn't take much convincing from Inuyasha and his team to work with them (despite the fact that he loathes Inuyasha). If anyone could rally my team with a game-winning strategy, it would be him.

He can be a friend, and if not that, when things can prove to be mutually beneficial, he'll form an alliance. He's worked with good, evil, and neutral parties. He's the only man who Entreri has ever really grown to mentor, and considering who Artemis Entreri is, that's no small feat of character.

If anyone is to be a team leader and rally this team together in an instant, it'd be him.

Ogami Rei - Ogami has worked with evil in the past. I'd wager he's worked with evil (knowingly) more often than he's worked with good guys, as admitted by him.

Realistically, if anyone on my team could get along with the others for a common goal, it would be him. As the manga continues, he goes on to work with the Re-Codes, people he considers extremely evil. I see no reason why him working with any of my team is a big deal. He's military trained, an expert tactician, and takes orders extremely well.

He's also a brilliant strategist.

Seras Victoria - Former police officer, and later turned into a Hellsing operative. She's worked with evil before, and if she can work with someone as evil as Alucard, I'm sure she can handle Sesshomaru. She's great at taking orders, and follows them to the best of her ability. She's an expert marksman, and knows her usefulness in this capacity. She's trained others in the past, and been a part of an untold number of coups.

Sesshomaru - I admit it, not good at following orders, not good at dealing with others, considers humans inferior. However, Seras is a monster much the same as him, and as shown with Kagura, he's not unwilling to listen to another monster if it can prove beneficial to him, or at least serve to amuse him.

Jarlaxle isn't human, which helps, and has dealt with types who are far more the loner type than Sesshomaru. He's also dealt with demons in the past.

Overall: I have 3 characters who are very much used to working in large groups, and have worked in large organizations in the past. Two of them follow orders extremely well, and one of them follows and gives orders remarkably well. Given that Jarlaxle has centuries of experience in doing this under his belt, and was able to survive in the most cut throat society in all of fiction through a combination of cunning, skill, and leadership, I think it's not unfair to assume he can tactically maneuver my team.

Against Technology

Who says I have no technological knowledge? I might not have any engineers, but Jaraxle has gone up against golems, constructs (of metal, adamantium, flesh, etc.), robots, and things with much more mechanical workings than most of the things Forge and Jeffres have made. Yes, he may not have dealt with a lot of Electrical engineering, but he's dealt with magical constructs, and several things that shoot ray attacks, and cone attacks (which in his universe people can produce out of their hands). He's also gone up against several dispel attacks, so far I've read three instances of people trying to dispel him, and you know how many have worked? Zero.

Then we have Ogami. Ogami has actually dealt with people who have powers that match the Neutralizer, and even gone up against electro-mechanical constructs that could literally eat a person's powers.

He's also dealt, and grouped, with people who are capable of bending metal and other materials to his will. So that's not exactly "new" either. He's also dealt with people who can reprogram the human body/brain with a mere touch, as well as someone who can download and alter information on the internet by merely sticking his finger in a telephone jack, fiber optics output, or cable port.

Seras Victoria is used to dealing with modern age technology, and even gone up against a robot. So she's used to some future tech, and she's more than up to date on tech and it's abilities. I doubt your team is going to blow her away, especially with full knowledge, on anything your team can do.

Sesshomaru knows of basic gunfire, cannons, and etc. Realistically he only knows of the tech your team has and can do because of the perk, he comes from an era without technology. I'll admit that wholeheartedly. However, he is physically superior to anyone here, so that's an advantage in and of itself.

My Strategy:

I don't see what makes it so complicated.

Lets see, I have Sesshomaru, who is going to charge into the fight. He doesn't take orders well, and when confronted with an opponent he fights them head on. That's how he deals with ALL of his opponents. For me to assume that he's going to charge in as part of my strategy, seems like nothing more than logic to me.

Seras Victoria, who is pretty amazing in the melee and mid-ranged capacities, is also carrying two weapons that are meant for long ranged battle. For me to assume she's going to take a sniper position and deal with your team from a distance with her RANGED weaponry, seems pretty logical and straight forward. I don't see why my team, lead by Jarlaxle, wouldn't realize this. It's not like you hand somebody a sniper rifle and tell them to go club someone with it, I'm sure they'll figure out pretty quickly that the reason she's armed with a cannon and a weapon she's often used in long distance is because she's meant to be...you know...long distance.

Jarlaxle and Ogami. Two characters who are most effective in the short range to melee capacities. There is a lot of ground to cover between are teams, and neither Ogami nor Jarlaxe can match the rest of my team in speed, and cannot get into the encounter to make this a 4 vs 4 battle by relying on their running speed (well, Ogami is about Gorgon level, but still behind Seras and Sesshomaru). I don't think it's illogical to assume Jarlaxle would rely on teleportation to cover a distance of this range. Something I've already proven he has done in the past.

Once on top of your team, Ogami knows your team is extremely reliant on metal, and the last time he went up against a metal wielder, he used Beelzebul to counteract the effects. He's going up against a group who is extremely reliant on metal, why would he not eliminate that problem head on like he did in the past?

Jarlaxle can throw a stream of daggers, in EVERY encounter I've read of him, he's thrown these things in a constant stream. It's even been stated that four have been in the air flying for their target before the first one even connected, and this was in a small tower room. I'll provide the scan later if you'd like, right now I'm still reading and don't feel like taking pictures.

He's also used his levitation to give him an extra line of defense against those without flight before in the past (orcs, mercenaries, constructs, a lich, and a dragon, the latter two can fly), I don't see why he wouldn't use it here.

As for the Globes of Darkness....I don't think I've read an encounter with Jarlaxle yet where he hasn't used those globes MULTIPLE times in a fight to obscure someone's vision. I don't see why he wouldn't use them here.

He can teleport, and then INSTANTLY Globe of Darkness Forge and Sage, as it requires no more than a thought for him to do so, and his levitation would already be activated by the time he teleported (technically Dimension Doored).

After this he has his lightning wand, and his goop wand were both used in the same battle without much hesitation. I don't see why he wouldn't want to pin any of your characters down if it meant their destruction, but realistically I'm just outlining the things he could do if he wanted. The guy carries an arsenal of weapons on him, there are literally hundreds of different weapons (different being the key word) he can pull out against your team, I'm just naming a select few.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#21 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill @floopay: Assuming none of your team members have prior knowledge of each other, it is safe to say they have a somewhat thorough knowledge of each other's gear and abilities.

#22 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Neutralizer

You may remember I referenced 2 neutralizers that he had made during the Ghost Box Arc, they were area of effect not aimed devices. He has obviously been able to work out how to make it area of effect rather than simply an aimed attack. So he should have no problem making the necessary modifications.

Remember how I have Sage? Sage can link their two minds so that they are functioning like one mind only at Sage's Superhumanly Fast processing speed. The amount of time it would take to transfer all that knowledge would be nanoseconds. Forge's power creates the blueprint, Sage plucks it out of his head, and puts it in Madison's head and then Madison builds it. Madison has spent most of his tenure with the X-men reverse engineering Forge's tech so his intellect should be able to fill in any gaps that Sage can't port over. How are you not understanding that all 3 of them are working together to create it?

Remember, Forge can build ANYTHING so nothing I want him AND Sage AND Madison to build is out of the question. With all of their powers combined, they should be able to create anything I need in mere seconds.

Again, Rom's neutralizer is immaterial as I am not building his neutralizer. I am building one tailor made to function here.

With the Neutralizer active, your team won't have any of the power they need to do anything that you have planned.

Ogami needs to be able to touch things or be in the vicinity to use his powers and since he is wearing big metal armor he will be far away stuck to the ground unable to move just like Jarlaxle. Remember, Victor knows they have a teleporter and that he will be covered in metal armor so he'll be waiting for them.

Again you are going to have Seras use bullets against a magnetokinetic? Good luck with that! Remember, my team knows that your team has a sniper so Victor will be ready. Attacks like that only work if the opponent has no idea that it is coming. Remember, full knowledge for my team.

Knowing each other's powers =/= creating a coherent battle plan. Also why would any of the people on your team listen to each other? How do they decide who would be the leader? They may have an objective but nothing says that they have to work together, like each other, or even acknowledge each other. Like I said, it takes superheroes who at least have a working knowledge of each other quite awhile to work together. Do you see how long it took the Avengers in the movie to start working together and they had a shared objective. It wasn't until the very end that all of the good guys who had been brought together and told to work together actually started working together. You did not choose prep or the teamwork prep so neither are to be assumed here. It takes me and my wife more than 5 minutes to decide what we want to eat and you are suggesting that these 4 disparate people are going to within seconds trust each other, form a battle plan, and execute it? I love my wife and we have a lot of the same tastes in food. Jarlaxle might be able to rally them but it will take time to do so and that gives me more than enough time build and deploy my neutralizer taking your team's powers out of the equation. You did not choose prep or teamwork so they will give my team more than enough time to get really anything they need up and running.

Sessho will likely charge and when he does he will get cut in half by Victor using his own sword. Victor has issues with demons.

Seras would still need to find a building on my side of the map since I those two buildings will obscure my team from any shot that might be taken.

Jarlaxle can't detect my team so how would he know where to go? He'll be sitting there while the rest of his team runs off in random directions. Even if he does teleport in he'll be instantly incapacitated because he is wearing a suit of metal armor. So he won't be doing anything but laying motionless on the floor as he gets a couple thousands volts of electricity to the brain.

Ogami also won't know where to go and with all of his team members abandoning him so he'll be running around looking for my team.

Magical Golems =/= tech. A golem can be created from dead flesh or stone with no mechanical workings at all and still works. There is nothing to suggest that the clockwork golems he has faced are nothing more than gears animated by magic. D&D uses magic to mimic the effects of technology.

All dispel magic attacks do not effect items or spells cast after the dispel magic has been cast. Show me him using his powers in an Anti-Magic Field and you have something but having read his page, he never encounters any beings who use Anti-Magic.

Your advantages simply do not exist unless you can unify your team and even then they'll be all too late. My Neutralizer comes online and your team becomes easy pickings.

Again, my team still has yours in a no win scenario.

@sovereign91001: Given that he stores all of his items in a portable hole is that any different from simply grabbing them from the temple? Batman actually has to carry all of his items on him at any given time and generally preps for each battle to carry more specialized devices. He doesn't always have access to Boom Tube Guantlets, Insider Suits, Superman Suits, or the like.

I also did not say that I was going to amp Victor to Magneto or Electro-like levels just that I could. I can amp him to the max allowable level of power in this tourney and give him any number of abilities. If I wasn't staying in the limits I would have taken Bloodlust and simply activated his Ultron programming and called it a day as no one here stands a chance against Ultron.

#23 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

I find it ridiculous that my entire team has the same goal, know of each other's abilities, and have knowledge of each other's equipment and backgrounds (as stated by Sovereign), yet will start the battle by bickering with each other and choose to completely ignore each other's strengths in order to pursue attacks as individuals, rather than as a group. Which is completely uncharacteristic of all of my characters.

My Team

Ogami worked with Re-Codes, a group of people he absolutely despised, in order to pursue his goals. Because it was better to work as a team.

Jarlaxle worked with Cadderly, someone who he despised and did not care to be in the company of, for the sake of a common goal.

Sesshomaru worked with Inuyasha, someone he completely despises, in their fight(s) against Naraku.

And Seras has been military trained, and trained as a police office to follow orders.

I don't see why my plan is so ridiculous. With all the enhanced senses, enhanced stats, and all the tactical prowess that my team holds, that they wouldn't use a simple strategy such as the one I laid out to achieve a common goal that they are all trying to achieve. They might not like each other the same way a team of super heroes does, but they all have either given or followered orders from people far worse than the ones who are here.

Jarlaxle isn't really that terrible of a guy compared to most villains, neither is Sesshomaru really.

Sesshomaru usually slaughters bandits, thugs, rapists, demons, and that lot. Something everyone on my team can get behind. I don't recall many (if any) instances of him slaughtering innocents. In fact, on several occasions he has gone out of his way and gone up against extreme dangers in order to save his human companions. Going so far as to walk into the deepest levels of Hell itself to retrieve his female companion, Rin.

Locating your team:

Not going to be difficult. I have full knowledge on your team, which means Sesshomaru can hear or smell them miles away. Jarlaxle can even hear them from a reasonable distance away, as well as smell them. He has hearing and smell above that of any human.

And you seem to be dodging a very important issue. How are they going to hit my team with the Neo-Neutralizer. There is cover EVERYWHERE. Sesshomaru can smell and hear your team from a mile away, even Jarlaxle has enhanced hearing, and smell sufficient enough to hear a whisper from fifty meters away. It's not like your team can just fire it and have it hit everyone, the reason the Neo-Neutralizer was turned into a satellite was so that it could assault from above, when on the ground it will be incapable of shooting in sufficient enough an area.

As for Jarlaxle's defenses, he can just conjure up a globe of invulnerability, protecting him against any sort of ray, cone, energy, or really any sort of attack made his direction.

Globe of Invulnerability - Protects him and anyone he brings within it from energy, magical, some astral, some psionic, and several other attacks. Including elemental, electrical, and etc.

Wand of Fireballs - Produces an explosive fireball capable of ripping apart stone structures and charring humans.

Portable Hole - Drops a 10 foot deep hole, that is 10 feet in diameter in the area it falls into contact with. The walls are perfectly smooth and impossible to climb. Anyone caught within it when it is retrieved, as well as any objects, will be stuck in that space until the hole is put back into existence. However, there is no supply of air other than what was in the whole when it was retrieved.

Snake Belt - Jarlaxle's belt can turn into a snake-like rope of climbing, that can extend over incredible distance.

What's to stop Jarlaxle from just dropping a portable hole onto the Neo Neutralizer and whoever is operating it? He can simply do this, grab the whole, and BOOM, both the device and whoever was unfortunately dropped into it will soon die of suffocation as they are forever trapped in a pocket dimension with no hope of escape.

Eyepatch - Not only does this render him immune to telepathy (magic, or psionic), but also allows him the luxury of peering through solid objects. He could see your team through walls if he has to, keeping him safe while peering around.

Ogami Rei

Belphegor, the Black Flame

Power Cancellation - Can remove barriers, cancel out electromagnetism, cancel out sound waves, cancel out heat attacks, negate healing factors, remove time maniuplation-based powers, etc. etc. It's gone up against more than just this as well.

Satan's Flame

He doesn't have to touch anybody to use this, he can use it over medium distance with ease actually. In fact, he can just conjure them in place if he likes, which is likely why he can just place them within a person's body.

Note: Satan's flame can also consume electricity, as fire is conductive, and dissipate electromagnetism if created as a field.

As for Beelzebul, that he doesn't need to make any contact with. Even in the scan I showed you it affect a wide area around him, and melted steel with it's invisible flame. Realistically it's just an intense heat spread over an area around him.

It would destroy the Neutralizer, and any member of your team who cannot handle that level of heat.

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru and his sword have resisted anti-demon fields, capable of rendering Inuyasha and his powerful sword completely inhert. Even in this area he was super human and capable of fighting without much hindrance..

Sesshomaru vs Anti-Demon Barrier

This is not only against something anti-magic, but more importantly it's against something that is pretty much Anti-him. It keeps any and all demons from the grounds, and upon entering Inuyasha's sword reverts to it's original form, Sesshomaru's weapon (which is made of bone, not metal, just so you know) loses it's magical properties, and Sesshomaru himself is weakened to a degree. But despite preventing any demon from entering, Sesshomaru still enters and manages to fight, and pretty well too.

So yeah, I'd say he's pretty resistant to this thing. On a side note, he's still able to call upon his demon abilities as well. And can even smell the composition of Kikyo's body from a pretty reasonable distance.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#24 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: @sovereign91001:

Jarlaxle doesn't store any of his stuff in a portable hole, and in all the scans I've provided, he has never once stopped back to resupply himself, as he cannot. He can't go back to his home, nor does he have access to anything other than what he carries on his person.

Jarlaxle's Items of Storage:

Bracers - Kind of, they can conjure a hundred daggers or more before they run out of supply

His Hat - Contains about as much stuff as a belt of holding, it also has some extra-dimensional storage space in it's brim

Waistcloth - Also contains a small storage compartment that can expand and contract, as well as just call items for him.

Buttons - At least two of his buttons contain extra dimensional storage place, for him to conjure some of his wears.

Belt Pouches - He has at least two of these that are Belts of holding, containing some storage space for extra items

Unknown - In a few instances, Jarlaxle has actually materialized wands, a broom, daggers, and swords into his hand seemingly from thin air. It's obviously not a ring, and is probably another property of either his cloak or coat.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: The Avengers from the movie had a common enemy, they had a common goal, they had a common universe, someone who was actively trying to get them to work together and it took no less than a day for it to all happen. Thor is the Jarlaxle here, Hulk is the Ogami, Tony is the Sessho, and Captain America is the Seras. More than a day, I am being generous in suggesting it will take you only 5 minutes. There is not a team up in comic history that hasn't take alot of time to get up and running without the benefit of TP. I don't care who they have worked with in the past, I want to know how long it took for them to be convinced to do so because that is the issue here, not their willingness to work with one another. Simply put, you didn't take the right perks or construct your team effectively so you don't get to benefit from instant teamwork or going in with a battle plan. My Telepath erases my teamwork issues and allows me to have entire conversations in nanoseconds of real time. Next time pick the right perks and the right team and then you don't have to worry about these issues invalidating your team's strategy.

Globe of Invulnerability violates the durability limits so you can't use it.

Remember, how I have Forge and Full Knowledge? It allows me to build the right device to counter anything I need it to counter. Forge gives me INFINITE Versatility, remember. Also the Anti-Demon Field was magic not tech so we are talking about two completely different things. My Neutralizer will work regardless of what you throw up against it because Forge knows about those and will have built the device to counter those counter as well. It could be that the neutralizer simply acts upon the nervous system of the target and renders all non-humanish functions inoperable. That is the beauty of Forge's powers, I don't have to explain anything about how it will work or whether or not it will work just that it works.

Ogami's powers are all probably great but again he still needs to not be pinned to the ground receiving thousands of volts of electricity to the brain.

You must not be reading very carefully, Victor will BE the Neo-Neutralizer and he can fly so you won't be dropping him into anything especially when he has you pinned to the ground. From the beginning of the thread, I said that Victor is my raw materials so all of my devices will be tucked away inside his Vibranium Skin including the key card that you can't get to which again makes it impossible for you to complete the objective. Madison commonly enlarged the size of his Box Bot when needed so this should be no problem.

Until you can show me any of your people's powers resisting technological power neutralization, you have no case against my neutralizer.

Both of Sessho's swords are like the Muramasa. Forged of non-metallic materials but follow metals rules. The Tinkerer notes this when converting the Muramasa into Claws for Daken. I see no reason why his swords would be any different from the swords made by Muramasa, another enchanted swordsmith.

@sovereign91001: In Dungeons and Dragons, Portable holes and Bags of Holding are basically the same thing I saw he has a portable hole and assumed it was his storage medium. If Jarlaxle has access to this then he effectively has the Gear Up perk active at all times which means he can access non-standard gear the entire time. You didn't let Sherlock benefit from having access to all of his Shen Gong Wu so I don't see why Floopay should benefit so ridiculously. I used the Gear Up Perk to gain access to the Neutralizer despite being able to build one on the spot anyway.

#26 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: The Avengers from the movie had a common enemy, they had a common goal, they had a common universe, someone who was actively trying to get them to work together and it took no less than a day for it to all happen. Thor is the Jarlaxle here, Hulk is the Ogami, Tony is the Sessho, and Captain America is the Seras. More than a day, I am being generous in suggesting it will take you only 5 minutes. There is not a team up in comic history that hasn't take alot of time to get up and running without the benefit of TP. I don't care who they have worked with in the past, I want to know how long it took for them to be convinced to do so because that is the issue here, not their willingness to work with one another. Simply put, you didn't take the right perks or construct your team effectively so you don't get to benefit from instant teamwork or going in with a battle plan. My Telepath erases my teamwork issues and allows me to have entire conversations in nanoseconds of real time. Next time pick the right perks and the right team and then you don't have to worry about these issues invalidating your team's strategy.

Globe of Invulnerability violates the durability limits so you can't use it.

Remember, how I have Forge and Full Knowledge? It allows me to build the right device to counter anything I need it to counter. Forge gives me INFINITE Versatility, remember. Also the Anti-Demon Field was magic not tech so we are talking about two completely different things. My Neutralizer will work regardless of what you throw up against it because Forge knows about those and will have built the device to counter those counter as well. It could be that the neutralizer simply acts upon the nervous system of the target and renders all non-humanish functions inoperable. That is the beauty of Forge's powers, I don't have to explain anything about how it will work or whether or not it will work just that it works.

Ogami's powers are all probably great but again he still needs to not be pinned to the ground receiving thousands of volts of electricity to the brain.

You must not be reading very carefully, Victor will BE the Neo-Neutralizer and he can fly so you won't be dropping him into anything especially when he has you pinned to the ground. From the beginning of the thread, I said that Victor is my raw materials so all of my devices will be tucked away inside his Vibranium Skin including the key card that you can't get to which again makes it impossible for you to complete the objective. Madison commonly enlarged the size of his Box Bot when needed so this should be no problem.

Until you can show me any of your people's powers resisting technological power neutralization, you have no case against my neutralizer.

Both of Sessho's swords are like the Muramasa. Forged of non-metallic materials but follow metals rules. The Tinkerer notes this when converting the Muramasa into Claws for Daken. I see no reason why his swords would be any different from the swords made by Muramasa, another enchanted swordsmith.

@sovereign91001: In Dungeons and Dragons, Portable holes and Bags of Holding are basically the same thing I saw he has a portable hole and assumed it was his storage medium. If Jarlaxle has access to this then he effectively has the Gear Up perk active at all times which means he can access non-standard gear the entire time. You didn't let Sherlock benefit from having access to all of his Shen Gong Wu so I don't see why Floopay should benefit so ridiculously. I used the Gear Up Perk to gain access to the Neutralizer despite being able to build one on the spot anyway.

How does Globe of Invulnerability violate the durability limits? The only thing it does is shield him against energy, magic, and certain elemental attacks. It provides zero resistance against physical, concussive, slashing, or piercing attacks.

Jarlaxle:

Jarlaxle has plenty of equipment he has had in the past but doesn't have now. The most powerful of which being the Crystal Shard, Crenshinibon.

A good portion Jarlaxle's equipment is always on him because of his arsenal, but he doesn't have access to any of the powerful things he has access to with Bregan D'aerthe, House Baenre, or any of his brother, Gromph Baenre's, equipment that he's had access to in the past.

Team Tactics:

You are assuming of course that my tactic relies on my team even acting as a team.

Seras Victoria has ranged weaponry, and is using it. Regardless of how she plays with my team, she will still probably resort to this tactic.

Sesshomaru will charge in, like he does anyway.

Jarlaxle will use his teleportation to cover a long distance so he can take the high ground and take advantage of his flight, and neutralize threats quickly. Something he has done several times in the past. Jarlaxle also doesn't like to go alone if he can afford himself cover or company. As I assume Sesshomaru will be leaving relatively quickly, after doing little more than revealing where his enemy is (something he's done several times in the past when talking with Inuyasha and his group), and Ogami doesn't have the luxury of such fast travel, as the rest of my team does.

Ogami is also a character who fights best in the short to melee range, so given the opportunity to take advantage of Jarlaxle's teleportation, I think it's only logical the two would take the tactic most mutually beneficial.

As for the "Avengers" analogy, it's poor at best. Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America followed their orders and coordinated with each other without any arguments. Considering Captain America hadn't work with those two yet, they didn't have any real team dynamic to follow. That's the better analogy here. Why? Because unlike the Hulk and Iron Man, my team is actually trained in military and organized combat, and takes direction and order better than a scientist who turns into a brainless beast, or a billionaire philanthropist playboy who thinks he's invincible and has never followed an order in his life. Thor was just plain cocky and wanted to find his own methods of following the group, aka Sesshomaru, who I have not made any plans of as to taking or following orders.

I've already shown Ogami receiving several thousands of volts of electricity and it having no effect on him, over and above this he can counter electric attacks easily with his blue flame, and has done so in the past. Here it is again if you need:

The more important thing to ask is how your team is going to survive in steel melting heat for more than a second.

Resistance Against the Neutralizer

I've given it to you, my team just has to stay where it can't hit, a pretty simple task. Then when Jarlaxle and Ogami drop in on your team, it will instantly be removed as a threat either via portable hole, or via being melted by Ogami's invisible flame. Or I suppose Satan's Wrath could melt it as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#27 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Please stop quoting my post unless you are doing a line by line analysis of it. It just makes scrolling through the thread take that much longer since the last reply button doesn't take you to last reply anymore. Reply works just as well.

Your explanation of the Globe does not list that it leaves you vulnerable to those forms of attack. You have also been a bit disingenuous when describing it, it only protects you from 3rd level Magic Spells or lower. None of my attacks are magical so your Globe is useless. Magic is very specific about things you know.

Team Tactics

So from the beginning your team is just going to just start running off in random directions completely uncoordinated? So Sesshy is going to charge off towards my team and Seras is going to look for a building on my side of the map to shoot me. Great I'll use her bullets to hit Sesshy! Sesshy also won't care enough to even tell the other people which direction to go before heading off.

We are about a mile apart. Dimension Door only works at a range of 400 feet and if you don't know the exact location you take damage from the teleport. It will take you about 8-10 Dimension Doors back to back to reach my team and you only have 1.Jarlaxle won't be teleporting himself anywhere near my team much less taking Ogami with him. Heck, all of those sense enhancements you have rarely work beyond a 100 or so feet. Even better, after using Dimension Door you can't take ANY immediate actions which means you'll be left falling for a couple moments completely unable to act while Victor grabs and slams both of your guys into the water. Man was it a bad idea to use a D&D character. Without that Dimension Door, Ogami and Jarlaxle will have to run to get to us meaning they'll only just make it into range to get neutralized. Levitation also does not mean flight you need a different spell for that and it only lasts 1 minute and your attacks are less likely to hit which is likely why he sticks to throwing daggers because he can't hit anything otherwise. I knew getting out my handbooks was a good idea.

My Avenger's analogy is spot on. Your team looks exactly like this trope suggests they meet up and find a common objective but still end up fighting. The recent AvX arc was this trope made into a central plot point. To suggest your team will operate without conflict is ridiculous.

How does Ogami access his powers? How does Codebreaking work? If you can answer this question then Forge's mind can use that to counter his powers. My team has full knowledge which means he knows exactly what he needs to build to get the job done. Maybe he simply creates a device that disconnects his nervous system? I don't know but thanks to Forge's power, I don't need to know it just will happen. If Prometheus can use Neural Chaff to take down a Green Lantern, then Forge building a device tailor made to counter Ogami shouldn't be a problem. We are talking about 2 completely different forms of neutralization so those scans are useless.

My Neutralizer is going to be an area of effect device that is designed to cover the entirety of the island. You would literally be unable to go anywhere on the island and not be neutralized. Remember, Forge can make it do anything I want it to since it is being built inside Victor who is a living dynamo.

#28 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

Globe of Invulnerability officially only protects against spells. But in the instances he used it, and when Gromph Baenre went up against Nimor in the War of the Spider Queen Series it resisted attacks that were not spells. In Jarlaxle's case it protects him against the acid spitting flying snake monsters (yep, that's pretty much the description of what they are), and in Gromph's case it was against Nimor's sword (after he erected it, prior to erecting it it left crystalline wounds in his body, but still didn't save him from the slash itself), and again against Nimor's shadow dragon attack.

Levitation - Levitation allows him any amount of movement straight up and down, and does not dissipate when he's hit. Perhaps his natural drow ability would be susceptible to such a thing, but his levitation comes from his brooch, and much like Gromph Baenre, Quenethil Baenre, Jeggred Baenre, Pharaun Mizzrym, and a laundry list of other drow with house insignia's, it allows him to maintain his position after being hit. Here's a showing of Jeggred flying with a Baenre house insignia (which Jarlaxle uses as well) after being hit by a crossbow:

Forge

His power isn't that he can create any device. His power is that he can understand any devices that he's witnessed. He was able to create a pseudo copy of the Galadorian device because he had witnessed it in action. He can't just create a device to do whatever he wants, and has never been able to do so. His power is a slightly different version of Sylar's "Intuitive Adaptitude", except that it works on mechanical and technological devices.

Now that being said he's witnessed a wide assortment of technology from the X-Men, the Government, Rom, and etc. Though he's never created a power suit like Rom or Tony Stark's, which always surprised me. Probably due to a lack of materials and programming knowledge.

Over and above this you have to remember you don't have an unlimited supply of resources. Regardless of Maddison Jefferies ability, you can't just conjure rubber to cover your wires out of nowhere (and yes, you need something to create noise cancellation across wires for any mechanical device or you get cross signals that can very easily short out or just render something useless entirely, even a small cross-over caused by noise or interference can be a huge issue), or conjure metal out of nowhere.

Your team will have to readily move to a location where all the materials are easily accessable, which would likely be the nearest building. But even then you're only getting sheet metal, concrete, rebar, and not much in terms of circuitry, wires, or anything that could be used as an ample power supply for anything really. Unless you want it to be plugged into the building, thereby limiting your teams movement with such a device.

Ogami

His powers are inherited through both his blood, and from his left arm (his left arm does not function on this plane of existence, and it can flame back to life if needed). Though his most obvious weakness, if you want one, is removing his left arm. There are beings who can literally suck the life force out of him and render his powers useless in his universe, but even the most powerful of them hasn't been able to completely rob him of his powers yet.

Initially, he could only use his powers through his left arm, because of how much more power and control his left arm had over his powers. But at this point he has learned to use it throughout his body.

My Team

The analogy is not spot on. My team is filled with strategist, tacticians, soldiers, and trained operatives. All of them have been forced to work with people whom they do not trust, like, or even hate. But when put towards a common goal they always put aside their pride (except Sesshomaru) and differences to get done what needs to get done. The only real conflict I see is happening is Sesshomaru.

My full team has knowledge of the Neutralizer, and even Rom's Neutralizer could cover an area with it's attack. My team won't be so dumb as to just walk out into the open and confront that thing head on. Nobody on my team is stupid. It was stated my team has knowledge of all gear your team brings. They won't have knowledge on the Neo-Neutralizer, or anything you build, but they'll have access to any device you start with.

As for your team moving, a Neo Neutralizer is a large object, even scaled down it would still be a large object. Your team would have to abandon it if they wanted to change positions. Or they would have to mount it on a vehicle they don't have access to.

Dimension Door

I don't have to use it right off the bat, my team can close that distance before they have to do anything. Jarlaxle, Sesshomaru, and Seras Victoria have means of locating your team's location from a mile away, and covering a good portion of that distance. Plus if we're going by official stats it would be at least 760 feet, as it's 400 feet plus 40 feet per level, and as high as 1,200 feet.

Finding Your Team

Sesshomaru could locate a little girl from miles away. And this isn't a one shot feat. I can provide at least a half dozen instances of him thinking he needs to find someone who is miles and miles away, and in no time at all he's found them. His senses are heighted well beyond those of a canine.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#29 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

As voting is going to begin fairly soon, I'll go ahead an summarize my posts.

Major Advantages

Teamwork My team will have perfect teamwork facilitated by Sage's telepathy whereas Floopay's teamwork will be nonexistent. He would have benefitted greatly from taking either the Teamwork or Prep perk but decided that Knowledge would be more beneficial. My team gets both of those things through Sage's computationally amped telepathy.

Versatility My team has essentially unlimited versatility thanks to the unlimited potential of Forge, Sage, Madison, and Victor working in tandem. Jarlaxle is really the only person his team that offers him any real versatility.

Knowledge My team has knowledge of science and technology completely outside of his team's comprehension. Collectively, my team has fought every power that his team has. Vampires, demons, magic, and fire are all known quantities to my team so they won't be taken aback by any of them. In addition to all that, my team lives in San Fran so they have the home field advantage which I have forgotten to use but will rectify that later in this post.

Neutralization My team has the capability to build a neutralizing in seconds that is tailor made to neutralize all of his team's abilities in as wide a radius as I need in seconds thanks to my setup.

Lesser Advantages

Magnetokinesis He foolishly chose the defense amp for two of his guys which makes them both easy prey for Victor's magnetokinesis. His best ranged attackers use bullets and daggers which are again child's play for Victor to counter.

Power Amping Forge through Sage and Madison can give Victor virtually any power or power level that Sage deems necessary to get the job done in seconds.

Vibranium Skin Using Madison's powers and the Defense Amp as raw materials, Victor's skin can be turned into Vibranium making him effectively impenetrable. No one on Floopay's team will be able to put him down as his skin will just absorb all the energy thrown at him.

No Win Scenario Again using Madison's powers and the Defense amp as raw materials, the Key Card can be encased in a vibranium pouch inside Victor making it impossible for Floopay's team to use. No one on Floopay's team can even come close to getting it out of the pouch so they will be completely unable to open the safe even if they manage to somehow take out my team.

Floopay's Weaknesses

Range Limits Jarlaxle's magic items have a fairly limited range forcing him to have to hoof it to get to my team. This is exacerbated by his lack of teamwork. Thank you Handbooks!

Transportation Without teamwork, Ogami won't be able to close the distance quickly enough to use his admittedly terrifying fire abilities. I don't remember seeing anything on your team's travel speed so that might be something to touch on. Remember, Travel =/= Combat speed so keep that in mind.

Technology His team has virtually no one with experience with the high level technology that my team will be employing. It will be like US Military versus Cavemen.

Now I'll get to what I will do with my home field advantage. Since Utopia is a hop skip and a jump away and i have a fairly powerful team of Cyberpaths, I might as well just launch a Blackbird and use it to pepper your team from the skies. Utopia is primarily automated thanks to the efforts of Danger and Madison Jeffries so this should be no problem. Given that Danger herself was able to fly the Blackbird remotely, I see no reason why Sage can't. Sage's brain is capable of partitioning itself to perform multiple tasks simultaneously like the computer that it is. I could also teleport there from Treasure Island but I don't know if we can leave the island. This is mainly to buy my team any extra time they might need.

#31 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You posted while I was typing mine up.

Globe of Invulnerability

All of those creatures and weapons you said are magic creatures. Acid is a level 0 spell. I assume the sword of Nimor's you are suggesting is the Rapier of Puncturing, a magically enchanted sword. In both cases those were magic attacks thanks for proving my point.

Levitation

I never said anything about your levitation not allowing you to maintain your position, just that it only lasts a limited amount of time, does not allow for flight, and will be effectively useless here.

Forge's Powers

Your assertions about forge are completely wrong. Forge has created Time Machines that both Cable and Madison Jeffries do not know how to use properly. Cable is a time traveling super soldier with knowledge from the future and Madison can talk to machines. Forge also created a completely new form of DNA and made it work with people something that Beast didn't even think possible and Beast is one of the best geneticists on the planet. Exodus forced him to build a device that would amp his power a device that has not been used before. Forge has built a variety of objects that simply did not exist before he did so, your suggestion that all he does is copy an ability is ridiculous. Heck, using Cable's telepathy to gain access to his own mind, he was able to fix it. Just read what Comicvine's own wiki says about his powers:

Forge has the mutant ability to innately understand any mechanical device and create anything mechanical he can think of. Apparently he can perceive something called "Mechanical Energy", in this way his subconscious works at an incredible speed and allows him to understand the capabilities and function of certain devices. So if he can think of a function to be done by a machine he's able to build it.

Do you have anything that contradicts the information here?

Raw Materials

You seem to have not been reading my posts too clearly. Do you not remember how I said that Victor IS the Raw Materials? See, Victor's body is swarming with Ultron created Nanobots that are what give him the various powers and abilities that he has. As Victor grows older, they begin converting more and more of him into Victorious, the Ultron unit destined to take down the Avengers. All of Ultron's creations come preloaded with the ability to create more Ultrons should there be no Ultrons. The First Vision killed himself creating Ultrons from his own body. Those nanobots combined with the Neutralizer gun should provide me with what I need. Victor is a LIVING DYNAMO, he generates power at a ridiculously high level and can use it to perform his various magnetokinetic and electrokinetic abilities. You did not read my post at all, Treasure Island is a former naval base and the building my team is in front of is filled with naval electronics. I have a literal buffet of components. Next time read my posts carefully before posting things I have dealt with already. It only makes you look like a fool.

Ogami

His powers are inherited? Awesome, then his bionic leg's Power Neutralizer by itself will do the job without much difficulty since it nullifies DNA-based powers. Ogami isn't going to be a threat at all as his powers are basically mutant powers.

Team Composition

Jarlaxle is the rugged magical warrior with decades of experience (Thor), Sesshy is the narcissistic guy with trust issues (Tony), Ogami is the normally nice guy who turns into a dangerous man in combat (Hulk), and Seras is the only person on your team with discipline (Cap). Where have I gone wrong?

Team Knowledge

Your team won't even understand what a neutralizer does or really any of the devices I have at my disposal. Knowledge =/= Understanding. This tech is so far above their comprehension that they might just dismiss it entirely. You barely understand how it works and I have explained how it works multiple times and you have the advantage of understanding how technology works.

Neutralizer

Again, my Neo-Neutralizer need only cover about a 5 mile radius which, assuming the wraithworld is roughly Earth sized, means my Neo-Neutralizer need only be 1/729 as powerful as the one you saw. Given this, my Neo-Neutralizer need only be 3 percent of the larger one's size which works out to about 1 foot or so in diameter. Heck, if need to, Madison can just access the Ultron programming and make some Pym Particles to shrink it. Again, Victor IS the Neo-Neutralizer! Read that sentence back to yourself multiple times before you post about the Neo-Neutralizer again because I grow tired of posting it.

Dimension Door

Items don't take into account the level of the user. A level 1 character can use a magic item and it will still operate at the same level as a level 20 character. So while Jarlaxle may be level 9, the item will still function at whatever level it was enchanted to be. Can you provide the information of the person who created it and at what level was the enchantment for as it is generally levels below the creator? Jarlaxle is a Drow Merc not an enchanter so he obviously did not. Handbooks to the rescue!

Finding My Team

I have no issue with Sesshy's senses, he'll charge in alone and leave Jarlaxle and Ogami alone completely unaware of where they need to go.

#32 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

Your completely wrong in team composition

Jarlaxle has centuries of experience, and unlike Thor he doesn't abandon his group when combat starts. He prefers to work with his teammates, and expects them all to fight for self-preservation and towards goals that mutually benefit them all. He's a leader of leaders, a patriarch in a society that only allows matriarchs (roughly a summary of a page I previously posted). Unlike most drow, he actually can see past a person's race and see their value as a person, and even as a friend. He actually has some compassion underneath his cold logical decisions.

Ogami? Nice guy? He openly admits that he views himself as evil. As for attacks, he doesn't have to be near your team for his attacks. He can slice through steel from twenty meters away or more. More than far enough away to have cover, come out and make quick work of more than a few characters. He doesn't turn into the Hulk in battle. He's calculating, takes everything in his environment into consideration, and often protects his fellow teammates, and has gone so far as to work with his enemies and protect them when need be (particular in the instance of the Re: Codes against the Angels).

Sesshomaru I've already conceded that he won't be working so much with the team, but he's capable of rooting out your team and giving my team their location before he heads out.

Seras follows orders very well, even when she doesn't agree with them or particular agree with the situation at hand. This was apparent when Alucard devoured a group of humans in front of her, and she watched him in complete horror. But she continued on her mission anyway. She even stood up against Dandyman, an opponent that would have probably slaughtered her had Alucard not stepped in.

Seras can carry my team as close to your team as needed if she has to. She does have flight, and can do so pretty fast. With her and Jarlaxle's enhanced vision she can see your team long before they see her, and drop out of sight. With the nullifier present, I don't see why she would risk flying too high, but she can fly fast, at least as fast as Sesshomaru runs, and at least as fast as Spider Man can swing. Combine that with Jarlaxle's scouting bat, his enhanced hearing, and their visions, they can get my team in close before being discovered.

Ogami's Range

Dichromatic Twin Flames of the Netherworld, Mammon

He has immense range with his attacks, also hitting a wide area of effect with extremely devastating force.

Seras's Flight

She's carrying someone in this scan as well. But she's more than capable of lifting these two, as she's supported over 550 pounds with a single hand, and ripped 8 tons of steel from the ground with one hand as well.

Forge

Even by their own admittance Forge wasn't able to perfectly copy the Neutralizer. Which means as great of an understanding as he has of technology and how to make mechanics work, he can't simply produce anything he wants.

This is referring to Forge (the scientist). Forge's neutralizer never really got used, except once against a wraithkind that was attacking the neo-neutralizer (which was powered by Rom's Neutralizer).

So again, Forge can't just pull any piece of technology out of his butt in an instant, as great as he is and even with any number of resources at his disposal (he was working for the government at the time) he wasn't able to produce any more than a "primitive prototype". It was impressive in all of it's two showings, but that's about as far as it went. If I remember correctly, it temporarily depowered Storm.

If I remember correctly the neutralizer was destroyed when he re-acquired it, because he disliked the though of the neutralizer or the neo-neturalizer being turned to Earth the way the Wraithkind intended to use it.

My team charging in:

Sesshomaru Seras needs to set up in a position to snipe your team anyway, which would likely get Jarlaxle and Ogami close. Seeing as she can nearly match Sesshomaru in speed, they won't be far behind. Over and above this I doubt Sesshomaru will be charging in head first, he'll likely take a smarter approach. He may be cocky but he's not stupid. The concept of a machine that can completely depower him (assuming it would work) isn't exactly a light thread. From medium distance he can easily send your team flying back with just a push of his sword, not even having to get within melee range.

Even when hit, there's a chance the beam would only neutralize Tenseiga. When Sesshomaru is in danger, it can (and has on multiple occasions) erect a protective barrier around him to keep him out safe. Assuming the Neutralizer works, it has to make contact with Sesshomaru to work, as stated by Rom that it works on "everything it touches". With Sesshomaru's speed against Maddison, Sage, Victor, and Forge's, he'll be within range to send most of them flying with a swing of his sword, and on them in the next instant to deteriorate all their steel constructs with his acid claws (as shown in previous scans).

Tenseiga's Barrier (Two Instances)

It erects itself when he's put in danger's way, and reacts almost instantly. It wills itself up to protect Sesshomaru on certain occasions. Against an attack that threatens to depower him (which I maintain wouldn't do anything to him, even his magic enhancements removed, he still wields a sword of bone that is several times stronger than steel, still can fly, produce acid, and etc.).

Note: This is not a perfect and all-encompassing shield, he's been harmed with Tensaiga in his possession before.

Neutralizer

Again, I see a lot of claim here, but logically I don't see how it would be that much use against Seras and Sesshomaru in particular. If it were to depower them, they wouldn't turn into humans. They aren't human, with all their enhancements removed, they are still, at their base, above human stats in all capacities.

Sesshomaru doesn't gain his speed, strength, reflexes, or any of that through unnatural means. He is a demon, even his ability to produce acid, fly, and etc. are all inherited through his genetics. If you remove all of his magic, then you simply remove the magic from his weapons. But the sword he carries is still composed of bones that are several times stronger than steel. He has no enhancements, no genetic alterations, no human DNA for his body to revert back to, no nothing. He is not a "Super Being" in the sense that he has superpowers. He is a demon of immense NATURAL power. Even a spiritual barrier that dispelled his specific energies, and was designed against exactly what he is barely dented his stats.

Seras is a vampire, her human figure only appears because she wills it so. Depowered she is still exactly how she is, a vampire. Much the same as Sesshomaru is a demon. Except Sesshomaru has never been human at any point, but then again Seras can't ever revert back. Her body is no longer a human thing, it is the body of a monster.

Jarlaxle can still erect his Globe, which would act as a barrier (likely to be depowered upon contact) against at least a single shot from the neutralizer. After the first shot he could easily dimension door out of the way and take a smarter approach.

Ogami can also create waves of fire to obscure the neutralizer's shots. Fire can, in fact, dissipate light, conduct electricity, and much more.

Unless you can show me the Neutralizer actually depowering someone of a race stronger than humans to a level equal to humans, then it's all claim with no feats to back it up.

Above all else it still has to hit my team. As seen by the map, there is plenty of cover, and with my team knowing their opponents, they will likely follow cover.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#33 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I'll not continue the avenger's comparison as it is highly tangential. Either way, people with wildly divergent personalities more often then not will fight before they team up.

So now Seras is going to help the team? That is a pretty drastic change of heart. I guess when you couldn't Dimension Door you had to start taking the teamwork point a little more seriously? So now we have Jarlaxle, Seras, and Ogami trying to decide who is the leader and then come up with a strategy. That will take them some time without prep or the teamwork prep. So let's see, if it took me and my wife 5 minutes to decide what we wanted to eat, the it should take them no less time to decide what to do. I only need like a couple seconds of lead time.

Of course Forge can't pull any piece of tech out of his butt. I said that in my first post but thanks for reiterating? This is why I have Madison and Sage and Victor. They give life instantaneously to whatever device his brain can come up with. Have you not been reading my posts at all? I have said this like 5 or 6 times. Forge won't be building anything, he just comes up with blueprint which is then passed through Sage to be created by Madison Jeffries inside Victor. It is a bit like an assembly line no one component is doing all of the work.

Did you know that Forge doesn't actually know how he builds his devices? He spends a good amount of time building and rebuilding the same devices in better and better forms to figure out how he did it. His first version is generally very primitive but later versions are quite effective. He has already built multiple Neutralizers so he'd be pretty good at it by now. And for the second time, only Sage's morals matter and she is ruthless.

Maybe you should look in the background of your scan and see that big guy with the hammer in his hands and the winged helmet, that is Thor. He is an Asgardian. Asgardians are by default faster, stronger, and more durable than humans and Thor is the best one of them. The Neutralizer would be useless if it did not reduce everyone it hits to roughly human levels. You might have had a point with Seras or Sesshy if it weren't for Thor in your scan. Even then, this neutralizer is being designed to neutralize the SPECIFIC abilities of your team meaning Sesshy and Seras will be reduced to pitiful humans like Jarlaxle and Ogami. Beast was caught in his Neutralizing Field and was reduced to human level power. Beast has a physical mutation which means that biologically his body is superhumanly fast, strong, and durable. If physicals weren't effected it would be useless against the myriad of physically superior beings.

MY NEO-NEUTRALIZER IS NOT A GUN IT IS A FIELD WITH A 5 MILE RADIUS. IF YOU ARE ON THE ISLAND YOU ARE IN THE FIELD, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT. How many times do I have to say this before you understand? The 2 Neutralizers that he used during Ghost Box were Fields not guns. The Neutralizer Gun I got with my Gear Up Perk, is just Raw Materials as I explained in my first post. Everyone was effected who was in range. If You are within 5 Miles of my team, you are powerless.

Please read my posts!!! It is getting a bit ridiculous!

#34 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill:

My Strategy

Hasn't changed much. Seras has been designated as a sniper the entire time. Over and above this Jarlaxle can run faster than any human could hope to. But even if he doesn't want to run, and even if we stand by my original tactic of Ogami and Jarlaxle traveling together by themselves. They can just take a Nightmare (the Hell-Horse that runs on fire), which can be summoned from his obsidian figuring. It can cover many many miles in a short period. Considering they started after the break of dawn, and the coverage of miles happened after dawn was over (which lasts, on average, about a half hour), I think these things can get my team where they need to be. As long as he doesn't take them flying, Ogami should be able to hold on. With his cone of listening, he should be able to hear your team's location from at least a mile away.

Originally he had two of these figurines, but he gave one to Artemis Entreri, so I'm going to assume he only has one of these and didn't ask for it back.

As for how long my team takes to deliberate. They aren't trying to do something as menial as decide what to eat. They are in a combat situation up against people of immense power. Your team, obviously, is not to be trifled with or taken lightly. Therefore it is with the utmost prudence that my team address the threat as quickly as possible.

My team is not dumb. They may not be technological geniuses, but Ogami is still a very intelligent and tactically sound character. Jarlaxle still has centuries of information at his disposal, plus a host of items to boost his knowledge, and a wide understanding of several cultures, tactics, combat techniques, and strategies. He's a tactical mastermind, and a genius. Sesshomaru is also extremely intelligent, especially when it comes to combat. His techniques are only matched by his immense physical prowess. Seras Victoria might not be the smartest individual, but she has two minds working for her.

Mr. Bernadotte

As you can see, he provides moral, and tactical support. He's also a skilled marksman and a master tactician. This gives her a lot of advantages, as both he and her can analyze their opponents and their opponents strengths/weaknesses. So though she might not have the intelligence of the rest of my team, she has a second set of eyes and thoughts to assist her in all situations.

I have never seen the Neutralizer alter a person's physiology. The most it has done was banish a being from limbo back to limbo.

Storm was reverted to a human (even then, she was only temporarily depowered, and gained her power back), but there is nothing to suggest if he were to use it against a T-Rex, that the T-Rex would become a human being. By all means, a T-Rex is superhuman compared to a human being in many aspects. As is an Elephant, a dog, a cat, and several other animals. Are you suggesting Krypto would be reduced to a human being?

Creates a field around the island? What's to protect your team? You stated in your original post that it can cover a 5 mile field, but it still projects the energy forward. It was only able to affect the Wraithworld so well because it was in orbit and shooting from above, as shown here:

Unless your team plans on launching it into the air and above the battle field, and then firing it, then no, I don't see it shooting through stone, metal, wood, and whatever other obstacles obstruct it's path to my team.

The Neo-Neutralize, nor the Neutralize project their attacks in a field, they project a beam, and in some cases that beam is widened to encompass more area.

I am well aware of the scan I posted, and was not referring to the pictures. I was referring to the text. The person (Agent Henry Gyrich of SHIELD) stated there were many Super Powered Beings on Earth, then Rom stated that his weapon was the height of Galadorian Technology, and then Gyrich stated that they have a working, primitive model.

Even with all the benefits of your team though, Forge can still only think so fast, and after he thinks, then Sage and Victor have to compute, then Victor has to take time to produce the materials needed, and then Maddison Jefferies has to assemble them. And even then it's not guarenteed that what is created will work properly, and they may have to repeat the process over and over again.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#35 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: So know you are summoning a horse? Not using Seras? How was that decision made? When did he decide to carry Ogami with him? Don't you think Ogami is going to react fairly negatively to being dragged behind a horse? Again, who is in charge here? Who makes the plan? Actually, how are they even communicating? Jarlaxle doesn't speak English or any language from Earth! Ogami is from Japan so he likely only speaks Japanese and Engrish. Seras is from London so she likely only speaks English. How do they even know what each other are saying? They don't speak the same language! I can't believe I forgot about languages! So your guys are sitting there trying to make sense of what each of them are saying while my team is working flawlessly together. You should give up on the idea of ANY teamwork from your team without the prep or teamwork perk.

Sesshy and Jarlaxle would see my team's equipment as useless baubles. I doubt that they would even think my team was a threat at all. I have mostly support staff and engineers and your team's full knowledge tells them that. Jarlaxle will expect my team to be little more than dwarven or gnomish guys and he takes those things out any day of the week. Same thing with Sesshy, he'll see them as those useless humans trying to build pointless toys. Only maybe Seras and Ogami would even perceive them as a threat. All in all, I doubt Sesshy would even rush to win as humans are beneath him, no matter how advanced they think themselves.

Perhaps using the term Neo-Neutralizer is tripping you up. Maybe I should just call it an inhibitor field? Or power nullification field? It doesn't really matter, the Neo Neutralizer is really more of an example of what he is capable of building not what he will be building here. The Neutralizers used during the Ghost Box arc were field-based not aimed. You know Forge is still alive and well and improving his tech? He has advanced alot of his tech since that time in his life. During the Ghost Box Arc, his neutralizer rendered Beast powerless, his powers are completely biological just like T-rex and just like an elephant. I don't know how his tech works but again I don't have to know, it just does. Emma Frost had transformed into her Diamond Form and it changed her back. Wolverine's Superhuman Senses, which are also a biological ability, also stopped working. Nothing works when his Neutralizer is active.

Sage's brain is a computer capable of processing information at superhuman speeds. She merged with Panoptichron and was multi-tasking across multiple universes with no problem so I don't see how transferring information would be difficult. When the Vision killed himself spawning Ultrons, he vomited up multiple balls that instantly turned into full-sized Ultrons. Vision's tech is alot older than Victor's tech. Victor's tech will be able to handle the load when supported by Madison's powers. Sage will have quadruple checked the schematic before it gets built so it will work. How often has Forge's tech not worked?

I said in my first post that Anti-Power Neutralizers would be installed in all of my people subdermally. If you had spent any time reading my post you would have known that. It should be mentioned that Storm only got her powers back when Forge built a device to reverse his neutralizer.

PLEASE READ MY POSTS!!!!! They explain much of what you are asking. How many times do I need to ask you to extend me this common courtesy?

#36 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay looks like you two have gotten some good points in so I'll open this one up for votes. @floopay @diredrill

#37 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: He's not reading my posts anyways so voting is probably for the best.

#38 Posted by Dextersinister (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: You have made some good points on your opponents ability to function as a team but an unavoidable cannon that depowers opponents is way above what should be allowed in this if your characters can actually get away with building it.

#39 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: I used 4 character slots to achieve this effect. I designed my entire team around this idea. Sovereign91001, gave everyone in the tourney an opportunity for anyone to question my team but not a single person complained. All of my teams are designed to be more powerful than the sum of its parts. I shouldn't be penalized because I put more thought into my team's composition and overall strategy.

Is that a vote for me?

#40 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting for @diredrill for the same reason that dexter voted against him. I enjoy your blatantly overpowered cannon and the fact that nobody realized what you could do with it.

#41 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get back to this. it will take me a while to read through.

#43 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8564 posts) - - Show Bio

i think both did very well they both brought up some good points but my vote goes to floopay

#44 Posted by Oblivions_Child (59 posts) - - Show Bio

i think both did very well they both brought up some good points but my vote goes to floopay

#45 Posted by boschePG (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: @floopay:

I may be missing something but I fully believe that the neutralizer could be made in this fight. As a HUGE Alpha Flight fan, I actually know it could be made so my knowledge of AF is going to make me back Diredrill. He didnt say it as he could have, but I get the basics of it

#46 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4727 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Dextersinister (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: I used 4 character slots to achieve this effect. I designed my entire team around this idea. Sovereign91001, gave everyone in the tourney an opportunity for anyone to question my team but not a single person complained. All of my teams are designed to be more powerful than the sum of its parts. I shouldn't be penalized because I put more thought into my team's composition and overall strategy.

Is that a vote for me?

Diredrill gets my vote

Not everyone can be expected to have an encylopedic knowledge of what everyone can do let alone every piece of equipment a tech character has handled.

Working together for a better effect is fine but it still needs to be street level after the end effect if combos like this where ok for a greater effect I would have picked alt universe evil Dazzler from Xtreme and 3 sound villains and been able to blast the entire arena with her sound to photon blast power.

Your right in that you shouldn't be penalized for it especially in this match especially when it's gotten this far.

You where able to point out dimension door not working and I agree with you on teamwork, the language barrier was a nice touch, Floopay not having a final post really hurt his case as I think Jarlaxle may have telepath tongues but I wouldn't know for certain.

Floopay argued very well against a tough set-up and his presentation was excellent.

#48 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill said:

Is that a vote for me?

Diredrill gets my vote

Not everyone can be expected to have an encylopedic knowledge of what everyone can do let alone every piece of equipment a tech character has handled.

Working together for a better effect is fine but it still needs to be street level after the end effect if combos like this where ok for a greater effect I would have picked alt universe evil Dazzler from Xtreme and 3 sound villains and been able to blast the entire arena with her sound to photon blast power.

Your right in that you shouldn't be penalized for it especially in this match especially when it's gotten this far.

You where able to point out dimension door not working and I agree with you on teamwork, the language barrier was a nice touch, Floopay not having a final post really hurt his case as I think Jarlaxle may have telepath tongues but I wouldn't know for certain.

Floopay argued very well against a tough set-up and his presentation was excellent.

What language barrier?

Jarlaxle speaks every language due to a device around his neck (I sent Diredrill and Sovereign a PM containing all his gear and what it does), and the only person who doesn't speak English is Sesshomaru, and the only person who doesn't speak Japanese is Seras...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Ogami is from Japan, why would he speak English? Jarlaxle might have a device that translates for him but he still will have difficulty getting two people who don't speak the same language to understand one another. Also, you didn't rebut my point before voting was called so it does not count anyways.

#50 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill said:

Ogami is from Japan, why would he speak English? Jarlaxle might have a device that translates for him but he still will have difficulty getting two people who don't speak the same language to understand one another. Also, you didn't rebut my point before voting was called so it does not count anyways.

That's fine, but if you thought it would be a problem you should have brought it up earlier. I would have loved to have clarified it before voting, but I went to bed before our final point. I usually am in bed by/before 10 o'clock because most days I work at 5am.

Ogami grew up in Europe, it's mentioned in the manga directly that he speaks English.

I apologize for putting posts after the voting started, but it just seems odd that you waited until the voting was ready to go underway to bring up a point that I could have easily dismissed or verified at any point throughout the tournament.

I can see the Jarlaxle thing, I mean that list I PM'd was ridiculous, and even then I forgot a few things (though I didn't need them here anyway so it's a moot point at best) so I don't expect you to have remembered all 50 items :P

Edit: Haven't slept much so had to go back and correct my grammar/spelling errors in this post.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay