• 190 results
#151 Posted by iron99horn (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: pure stupidity of course broly wins!

#152 Edited by FANNYBUSTER (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@cardle_grave: Just curious. Wouldn't the radius of the ki blast from Broli have to be considerably huge to bust a galaxy in one shot? Especially as you stated that he supposedly busted it from the middle inside out? I know people from Marvel and DC have one shotted Galaxies..universes even, so its not unheard of. Why do fanboys argue that Broli would not be able to render the South Galaxy inhabitable in one shot when characters with more low showings and PIS humiliations in Marvel/DC have done the same?

#153 Edited by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@fannybuster: Its because some guys really hate broly and trust me, broly haters are the worst DBZ debaters ever. But you're right about the marvel and DC and then you got broly.

When Marvel and DC does something its believable, When DBZ does something there is always something making that excuse for it

its because DBZ doesn't get the respect it deserves, For example i debated against this guy and his is explaining to me DBZ guys can't fight FTL, I say why can't they fight FTL, he says because its doesnt look like they fight FTL. And what makes me laugh is that how do you expect guys FTL to fight than, DBZ guys are moving so fast there invisible, Even kid Goku has FTL speed, Dodging lasers and light based attacks, Catch Dragonball. And do you know what they say, its all a hyperbole.

but also its the guys who mix Canon with non-canon, And yes the radius of the blast is massive. but DBZ is shifty in terms of power in their blast.

but that is not truly how DBZ works, DBZ guys are expert with their Ki. They can reduce the radius of the blast but still have a massive power output in it. For example a solar system level attack into a city level radius. Its like Frieza surviving a large planet explosion with a massive handicap, yet gets completely reduced to ashes by trunks blast which is only a few meter tall and long. Or Vegeta Final Explosion which was a city level attack, Compare that to Roshi moon level kamehameha or Freeza planet buster, Its quite obvious that vegeta attack is leagues above the power of roshi moon level kamehameha and any attack frieza has yet it doesn't have the same radius as it.

So it comes down to the respect DBZ gets, And unfortunately that respect is very low. Just look at OBD and how badly they low they have there levels. Vegito can destroy and move only as fast as SSj3 Goku and Kid Buu when DBZ fans know Vegito Pinky over anything both kid buu and SSJ3 Goku can offer or Gohan one-shotting Cell jr which makes his strikes above large planet level and putting it only country level, But when Thanos punches surfer and hurts him, he has above planet level strikes straight away. Broly is one of the luckiest characters to receive feats, And them feats shown that DBZ is a lot more higher than people fought they were but still deny it because the other guy never shown it. But that matter very little since anime character stronger than broly have been said to be universal scale

#154 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: Alright pope. I'm glad you replied. Now, another question.

Let's say Broly did in fact destroy it over time. How much destruction at once do you reckon he'd have to cause to obliterate an entire galaxy? It can't be solar system, because it'd take millions of years to try to destroy a galaxy by each individual solar system, the same could be said for multi solar system, which would place him far above cell.

Now, if you don't classify him as even a solar system buster, and think he destroyed it planet by planet, that would make Broly the fastest character in the entire Dragon ball Z universe, seeing as how he'd have to achieve thousands of times light speed in order to annihilate a galaxy by each individual planet.

I'd just like you get your insight on this. How do you believe the destruction went about?

#155 Posted by ComicStooge (13788 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say Broly did in fact destroy it over time. How much destruction at once do you reckon he'd have to cause to obliterate an entire galaxy? It can't be solar system, because it'd take millions of years to try to destroy a galaxy by each individual solar system, the same could be said for multi solar system, which would place him far above cell.

Now, if you don't classify him as even a solar system buster, and think he destroyed it planet by planet, that would make Broly the fastest character in the entire Dragon ball Z universe, seeing as how he'd have to achieve thousands of times light speed in order to annihilate a galaxy by each individual planet.

I'd just like you get your insight on this. How do you believe the destruction went about?

Because it's fiction and it doesn't always make sense?

#156 Edited by Pope052 (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

@fannybuster: @iron99horn:

You two have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not even going to bother replying to either of you.

@cardle_grave

You deny the fact that Broly isn't SSJ2 tier, he is below MSSJ Goku tier. I've already elaborated on this but you'll just ignore my points no matter how hard I try. I've given up, you're nothing but a fanboy. And don't go all "Akira Toriyama said _____ about Broly", he said jack sh!t about him.

@albertphytagoras

Superman blinks and Broly is incinerated. No one from DB, DBZ, or GT could take Silver Age Supes, he was a broken character and that's why he was powered down tremendously.

@the_last_kryptonian

I believe that Broly destroyed fragments of it over-time. Nobody knows how much he destroyed per attack.

Basically what @comicstooge said:

#157 Posted by thelocust619 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

For a site that runs on shown feats, why are you guys speculating how Broly destroyed a galaxy when the feat is literally shown? What, is the just some other galaxy exploding just as they're coincidentally talking about how Broly destroyed a galaxy? By this site's rules, what u see is what you get. What u see is a galaxy being destroyed while king kai's like "Broly did it." What more do u hateful bastards want?

Cardel_grave has an excellent, indisputable point, post #153. And to the guy disputing this, goku is open to main character PIS where when something is at risk he can increase his power level enough to face down w e threat he's against. He didn't kill Broly, he built enough power to BFR him into a sun that's it. Can a stronger Goku in theory repeat thus feat? Absolutely, but Broly would still take the majority especially since Goku is solo this time. Also, Broly beat Majin Vegeta so why is this a fight? Oh wait, ik! Maybe cuz some lame haters are complaining that busting a Galaxy isn't busting a Galaxy if there's a crumb left....well I'll put it this way: is it still a galaxy anymore? Didn't think so. Now go be miserable somewhere else im tired of seeing this thread.

#158 Posted by xlab3000 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

You two have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not even going to bother replying to either of you.

@cardle_grave

You deny the fact that Broly isn't SSJ2 tier, he is below MSSJ Goku tier. I've already elaborated on this but you'll just ignore my points no matter how hard I try. I've given up, you're nothing but a fanboy. And don't go all "Akira Toriyama said _____ about Broly", he said jack sh!t about him.

@albertphytagoras

Superman blinks and Broly is incinerated. No one from DB, DBZ, or GT could take Silver Age Supes, he was a broken character and that's why he was powered down tremendously.

@the_last_kryptonian

I believe that Broly destroyed fragments of it over-time. Nobody knows how much he destroyed per attack.

This

#160 Posted by FANNYBUSTER (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: Really? Care to explain just how Mcfly? Or have you run out of gas already.

#161 Posted by Pope052 (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: Really? Care to explain just how Mcfly? Or have you run out of gas already.

By that senseless post alone, you've proven my point.

#162 Posted by FANNYBUSTER (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

@fannybuster said:

By that senseless post alone, you've proven my point.

You're essentially waving a white flag in a battles forum. Only, you've commented through a veil of superior disdain when in reality, you have no point to prove but to rehash others debunking-posts.

#163 Edited by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: Pope52, Your logic is terrible, Its pure hating logic. And typical broly hating debating style. Thinking you won the debate with the first post you make and mock people and saying there trolls for not agreeing with you

And AT didn't make broly, And the guy who made broly said he was the strongest character from M8 to M11, MSSJ Goku lol Colbat agent and Jplaya come up with dumb logic like this

#165 Posted by Pope052 (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

@fannybuster: @cardle_grave:

I never implied that I won the debate. I had countered all that you two spew out about Broly, and YOU two were the ones who ignored me and everybody else. @cardle_grave brought up "picture" scans as supposed evidence and seemed to think that he was right because of them.

You two, and every other Broly fanatic out there consistently use flawed logic, made-up statements, and just in general nothing worth taking into consideration.

THAT is why i'm seemingly ignoring you both, and i'm sure other users with sense would agree with me.

I'm not even going to bother replying to whatever either of you are going to spew back at me, because you'll never listen. So don't waste your time. I've realized that trying to debate with Broly'tards is futile.

#166 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

@cardle_grave

@albertphytagoras

@the_last_kryptonian

How much do you think he destroyed over time? I feel like it couldn't be any less than multi solar system, otherwise it'd take much longer than 10 years. Still, I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

#167 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

I also agree with Fannybuster. Nothing in DBZ history was ever destroyed instantly by ki. A blast must expand to take full effect, and I also think Broly launched an attack towards the middle, which would have resulted in a tremendous explosion, wiping out most life in that galaxy.

However, I am open to the insight of any who disagree and want to discuss why they think not.

#168 Posted by NeonGameWave (8963 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen all those "debunking" theories for Broly's galaxy-busting feat, and I don't see what people are going on about.

It clearly says "The Southern Galaxy has fallen under Super Saiyan attack."

It has FALLEN under Super Saiyan attack. Fallen. That means, it was conquered. That means, the attack by the Super Saiyan has overcome it.

When the Greeks had fallen under Roman attack, it means they were defeated, conquered, and for all intents and purposes destroyed.

It. Went. Down.

Don't really understand why people try to interpret and calculate a show that was only meant to be fun, never meant to be under intense scrutiny.

Every feat should just be taken at face value. The good and the bad.

Jmarshmallow

Agreed, well said!! Broly did in fact and did indeed destroy the Southern Galaxy he should also be able to destroy Goku here.

#169 Posted by NeonGameWave (8963 posts) - - Show Bio

Bills is also a Galaxy Buster or (+++) and is a lot more powerful than Broly.... Whis his teacher even confirmed he would be able to wipe out the Solar System with absolute ease in a much weaker but angry state.

#170 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4493 posts) - - Show Bio

ABC logic-Goku wins

Feat logic based on the movie and removing the BS- Broly wins

Most epic quote battle between the two- Broly wins "Handicap is that another word for coffin?"

#171 Posted by ComicStooge (13788 posts) - - Show Bio

How much do you think he destroyed over time? I feel like it couldn't be any less than multi solar system, otherwise it'd take much longer than 10 years. Still, I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

I don't have an opinion on it, I don't like DBZ.

I'm just saying that people harp on and on about that supposed Galaxy buster feat when it was a pretty vague feat all things considered and none of Broly's other blasts even came close to that magnitute (from what I've been shown).

#172 Posted by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: And why would Toei animation make broly destroy another galaxy if they already shown in before, That would just ruin the movie. Not to mention he was said twice to be a universal threat if he wasn't controlled or Stop

And honestly, i don't see why he would need to do it again.

#174 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by FANNYBUSTER (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

I've seen all those "debunking" theories for Broly's galaxy-busting feat, and I don't see what people are going on about.

It clearly says "The Southern Galaxy has fallen under Super Saiyan attack."

It has FALLEN under Super Saiyan attack. Fallen. That means, it was conquered. That means, the attack by the Super Saiyan has overcome it.

When the Greeks had fallen under Roman attack, it means they were defeated, conquered, and for all intents and purposes destroyed.

It. Went. Down.

Don't really understand why people try to interpret and calculate a show that was only meant to be fun, never meant to be under intense scrutiny.

Every feat should just be taken at face value. The good and the bad.

Jmarshmallow

Agreed, well said!! Broly did in fact and did indeed destroy the Southern Galaxy he should also be able to destroy Goku here.

#176 Posted by reikai (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@fannybuster: Yup and as it had been confirmed in the Daizenshuu. Goku and Gohan were SS2 in Movie 10 and the animators just forgot to add the aura. It was 2 SS2's and a SSJ with a combined attack and they were failing against Brolly, and Gohan was getting wrecked with ease.

Some people have also chosen to ignore the fact they weren't just SSJ in Movie 8. Goku and Gohan were FPSSJ, and Vegeta and Trunks were USSJ, with a Super Namekian Piccolo. And they all got wrecked. Even after Piccolo showed up and gave Goku, Gohan and Trunks Senzu beans, which recovered them to full health, and as Saiyans would receive a bit of a Zenkai increase to their PL. And they still got ruined effortlessly by Brolly.

#177 Posted by ComicStooge (13788 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this will not turn into a flame war like my Majin Vegeta VS Broly Thread. lol

#179 Posted by Dbzk1999 (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly just because he's maximum :)

Anyway I honestly think broly because I believe goku and gohan went ssj2 for the final push and even then all that did was BFR broly into the sun

This was a gohan in an alternate timeline where he did train (I've powered up considerably since then, fighting considerably against ssj broly who is stated to be > ssj goku (buu arc), and even after he goes ssj2 (if you can't tell from no lighting just look at his squinty eyes) and still gets 3 shotted etc.)

IMO this is the equivalent to post z sword gohan (jmo as I believe after training with the z sword gohan got as strong as he'd be if he trained during those seven years)

But I'll admit it is hard I judge broly on his power

#180 Posted by martinceld (665 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't goku just an illusion lol. anyway Im giving this to ssj2. Broly is the most overrated character ever

#181 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: Actually Hulk is but whatever. And you say SSJ2 wins why?

#182 Posted by martinceld (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@justsomerandomkid: well, picolo trunks gohan vegeta were all half dead and out of energy when they combined their power with goku and that was enough to beat broly. as for broly beating gohan in movie 10, I honestly believe that was only ssj1 gohan, and he was even weaker in that era than in the cell saga era (vegeta said so). ofcourse not forcing anyone to agree with me :) to each his own

#183 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: I don't really think they were "half dead", but half dead or not they still exceed the power of SSJ2 nonetheless. Heck Goku didn't even kill him, even the comet AND planet exploding didnt kill him. Gohan was SSJ2 (doesn't even make sense why he wouldn't be) was getting stomped, weakened version or not. I have no idea what the crap your last thing said.

#184 Edited by martinceld (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@justsomerandomkid: uh they wern't even in ssj when they gave their energy to goku so i don't see how that exceeds the power of ssj2 haha. for the 2nd point, im not gonna agree with that so lets just agree to disagree :) no need to be butthurt coz someone won't agree with you lol

#185 Edited by DarthAznable (8083 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending to the Broly movies are cop outs anyways.

#186 Edited by JustSomeRandomKid (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: Butthurt??? I never said Broly would actually win is the funny thing...

They weren't in SSJ to give the energy. Does that matter to exceed SSJ 2x? No. Gohan plus Piccolo (who at the time was as strong if not stronger then SSJ), plus Vegeta plus Trunks. Ya that exceeds an SSJ2 pretty much. I'm not on Broly's side anyway i just like to correct people who make ignorant statements is all. But you can do as you wish, since I am obviously butthurt over Goku not winning xD

#187 Edited by flashback0180 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

current Goku wins

cannon ssj2 goku(buu saga) will die...

non-cannon ssj2goku will win

#188 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (2451 posts) - - Show Bio
#189 Edited by Redmonkeyssj4 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_kryptonian said:

That has to be the best quote on comic vine....

#190 Posted by flashback0180 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio
#191 Edited by ComicStooge (13788 posts) - - Show Bio
#192 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashback0180: I thought you meant there was an actual non-canon SSJ2 Goku with a special trait or something. I know about the movies -.-

#193 Edited by Gustofwind (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly is pretty overrated in DBZ in my opinion, I find it ridiculous when people say he can beat SSJ3's and there's even the occasional crazy person saying he can beat SSJ4's. My knowledge of the DBZ movies is a bit vague as I wasn't too fond of them because I felt they had inferior pacing to the series but...

In my opinion it would be a close fight but ultimately Goku would win assuming it's a SSJ2 Goku who has experienced with the form. Gohan got his ass kicked in the movie if memory serves me correctly and needed help to kill Broly. Taking this into consideration I'd say SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell Saga would put up a better fight than Adult Gohan due to him training more but inevitably end up losing after inflicting a bit of damage to Broly. So I think SSJ2 Goku being more powerful than Cell Saga Gohan and also a more skilled and tactical fighter would be able to secure a win 10/10 times although it'd still be a tough fight for him.

EDIT

I'm also assuming this is SSJ2 Goku when he's just got the hang of that form and not Battle of the Gods SSJ2 Goku because Battle of the Gods SSJ2 Goku would be able to kill Broly in seconds.

2nd EDIT

For a site that runs on shown feats, why are you guys speculating how Broly destroyed a galaxy when the feat is literally shown? What, is the just some other galaxy exploding just as they're coincidentally talking about how Broly destroyed a galaxy? By this site's rules, what u see is what you get. What u see is a galaxy being destroyed while king kai's like "Broly did it." What more do u hateful bastards want?

Cardel_grave has an excellent, indisputable point, post #153. And to the guy disputing this, goku is open to main character PIS where when something is at risk he can increase his power level enough to face down w e threat he's against. He didn't kill Broly, he built enough power to BFR him into a sun that's it. Can a stronger Goku in theory repeat thus feat? Absolutely, but Broly would still take the majority especially since Goku is solo this time. Also, Broly beat Majin Vegeta so why is this a fight? Oh wait, ik! Maybe cuz some lame haters are complaining that busting a Galaxy isn't busting a Galaxy if there's a crumb left....well I'll put it this way: is it still a galaxy anymore? Didn't think so. Now go be miserable somewhere else im tired of seeing this thread.

We need to take into consideration that the Dragonball Z movies are horribly inconsistent with the series so Broly's feat of destroying a Galaxy is probably something movie canon would dictate Goku could do in his SSJ2 form especially when taking into consideration that Broly was defeated by the combined efforts of relatively weak DBZ characters in the grand scheme of the DBZ universe.

#195 Posted by BEYONDERGOD (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly Godstomps he took on 4 sayians and 1 super nakein

#196 Posted by XBleeding_EdgeX (347 posts) - - Show Bio

People hate Broly, DBZ fanboys are literally the worst people to debate with. They're like those kids in school who would say my dad can beat up your dad, and then proceed to shove their index fingers in their ears and hum really loud, or go NANANANANANA so you cannot get a word in edge wise.

He busted the galaxy, get over it. It was said and confirmed countless times, do you not think this is asked? Consult the daizenshuu, or go to a DBZ board and ask it's all received that he busted it. not to mention, it was shown.

As for Broly vs SSJ2 Goku... Broly destroyed Goten, Trunks and SSj2 Gohan... Yeah, Gohan was weaker, blah blah, he was still SSj2. That's two normal super saiyans, and a SSj2. Not to mention Broly was never outright killed in the DBZ verse. If you want to play tiddlywink theory BS like your youtube vids. Broly never came back when hell released all the villains... Bojack, 13, and others all came back. Yet, Broly was absent. So, is he truly dead? (See I can do stupid nonsensical bull**** too)

Anyway, I digress. SSj2 Goku has no feats suggesting he's going to keep up, or fight Broly on an even plane. Albeit Broly being LSSJ or LSSJ3... He wins.

Movie 8 Broly > Ssj Goku> Gohan> Vegeta >Trunks > SN Piccolo

FPPSSJ Goku + Plot + Screwball punch(Massive PIS) > LssJ Broly

Broly didn't die through the punch, a comet, and a planet busting on him.

Zenkai boost

Movie 10 Broly > Ssj2 Gohan > SS Goten> Trunks > SS goku
He was easily pushing that Kamehameha wave down, and then, you guessed it, PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS, a wobbly beam of nothing deflects his blast that would have ignited his gigantic meteor attack, killing and destroying everyone and earth, and they BFR him from Earth, supposedly killing him (heart exploding + blasting him into the sun) Yet he was never revived when hell broke loose. Before someone says "In Bio Broly Goku and Pikkon..." Here's another one for you theorists, that could have just been clone Broly running a muck.

Anyway, this is my only post on this subject. I'm not going to argue here. There's still people who think Kid Buu was the strongest Buu and that Ssj 3 Goku > Ultimate gohan. smh.

#197 Edited by Kazuma_Bushi (991 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I see the same redundant "Gohan was weaker than Teen Gohan argument." in this thread? He wasn't. The movies came out before that statement was even uttered so how can it be applicable? Also in the movie Gohan himself states that he's gotten stronger.

I have Broly winning this.

#198 Posted by Wolverine08 (45530 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku.