SSJ Bardock vs SSJ Goku (Namek Saga)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LimpoyzLoan
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

RULES:

• Both Characters are Bloodlusted
  • Both Are Not Completely in Character (Like they don't know they're father and son) And no random planet busting.
  • Battle Takes Place on Planet Plant (Old Vegeta)

Father and son battle this time! Who will secure the win.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

In B4 people say that Goku has a higher PL, when PLs were pretty much not used anymore after the Namek Saga hell kinda even before that. As for who would win....hmmm...I may have to go with Bardock on the count, that he took on impossible odds(IE: pretty much Frieza's entire army, yes fodder but the guy was wounded and had just beaten several elite fighters)...well that and he doesn't seem to mess around either he gets *** done.

But then were gonna go into feats, and people are gonna post those up and say Goku wins and while right cause Bardock doesn't have any feats to match Goku's, he only has had 2 lengthy showings. But eh..just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bardock:He smacked around Friezas ancestor ( who in his first form was equal to Friezas final form) while Goku narrowly escaped death.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OverLordArhas

Bardock:He smacked around Friezas ancestor ( who in his first form was equal to Friezas final form) while Goku narrowly escaped death.

I have to disagree, Cooler's final form is not small.

Besides, Goku during the SSJ/Freeza Saga is giving Freeza all the time in the world to power-up.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy cow, ssj bardock????????????? what the heck did i miss?????????

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought i had every movie and every episode of DBZ. when the heck did SSJ bardock happen?????????????

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought i had every movie and every episode of DBZ. when the heck did SSJ bardock happen?????????????

http://anilinkz.com/dragonball-z-special-bardock-father-of-goku?src=2

Watch it here

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: @wolfrazer: thanks ill have to check it out, buuuuut i have the barock movie, and he was NOT a super saiyan

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im watching it right now, what the hell is this abomination?!?!??!?! BARDOCK WAS NOTTTTTTTTT A SUPERSAIYAN

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: That was Father of Goku he wasn't a SSJ, in Episode of Bardock he fights against Chilled and becomes a Super Saiyan.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: That was Father of Goku he wasn't a SSJ, in Episode of Bardock he fights against Chilled and becomes a Super Saiyan.

I think the site messed-up the title.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: never seen this crap. what a load of crap. my brother would love this. he loves dbz movies. i dont cause theyre not canon, not made by akira toriyama and therefore mean nothing. the powerlevels are off the stories are off.. everything is stupid. i doooo feel stupid though that i didnt have the full collection

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: Father of Goku is canon to the DBZ series, it fits well into the canon timeline as does the Episode of Bardock, though the latter is probably non-canon, however Bardock himself is a canon character and seeing as both don't really mess anything in the continuity it seems all perfectly fine. But take it as what you will.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yea, no, of course bardock is cannon, im saying that movie is NOT. if i remember correctly, NONE of the movies are canon because none of them fit the timeline, are ever talked about or were even made by akira toriyama.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku has a higher base level so he wins, quite easily at that.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer

@inconvenient_truth: Except Father of Goku and Episode of Bardock are canon(at least the 1st movie would be canon anyway, why shouldn't it?), they fit into the timeline because they don't mess anything up unlike the other movies that are conflicting with the on goings of what is happening into the series as it goes on.

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

My bad. Chilled's power level was close to 600,000 which is 6/10 of Friezas strength and Bardocks level was somewhere near 2-3mil because he healed twice well 1.5 times and since Gokus amplifier is 10x when he comes close to death we have to assume Bardocks is somewhere close to his meaning 10,000 x oh 5 = 50,000 x 50 is 2.5mil which is easily double that to Friezas power.Goku barely beat Frieza meaning his power was probably 1.5 mil but he was exhausted by the time he went ssj so maybe he was 1.75 to 2mil Bardock still has a big lead on him meaning he'd win. That make sense?

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: it wasnt made by akira toriyama so its not canon. it just flat out isnt. i shouldnt have to go any further but i mean cmon. u dont actually think it is do u? if it WAS canon the simple question to ask seems to be " why didnt he then just turn super saiyan and beat frieza when he saw frieza about to destroy his planet?" and the simple answer is cause he was never a super saiyan

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: after????????? what the hell happens in that abomination of a movie? hes dead. he died, just like everyone else. bardock was killed when frieza blew up his planet. jeez man i hate dbz movies, they are so stupid.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Marshall_Long

The Dbz movies aren't canon but the OVA's are, Bardock Father Of Goku is Canon, so is History Of Trunks, Yo Son Goku and his friends return is canon, but episode of Bardock is more of a what if scenario so it could be canon but then again it probably isn't.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: He somehow was transported into the past on Planet Plant, how he gets there isn't explained though.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is better in every-way it counts.

holy cow, ssj bardock????????????? what the heck did i miss?????????

Toriyama wanted more money, so he made Episode of Bardock.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NeonGameWave

Goku wins easily.

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

A little then more so like an educated guess.Bardocks power amplifier isn't measured like everyone else when he heals from near death but since Vegeta and Goku get boosted 10x we have to assume all saiyans do this.So until it says different all saiyans recover the same.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No evidence that Chilled is stronger than Freeza's Final Form since no PL were given.

2 Bardock received a zenkai upgrade after recovery. His PL before which was 10thousand. At best he would've been bumped to around Dodoria's level.

A little then more so like an educated guess.Bardocks power amplifier isn't measured like everyone else when he heals from near death but since Vegeta and Goku get boosted 10x we have to assume all saiyans do this.So until it says different all saiyans recover the same.

That's not accurate. When Vegeta received his zenkai after fighting on Earth his Pl raised from 18k to 24k. He did not get "10x stronger". During the Freeza Saga their PL's increased rapidly due to continuous battles over and over again over a period of six and a half days. Goku received a massive Zenkai due to plot and some wierd tweak from having his body stolen by Ginyu.

The SSJ multiplier is the same all around. However at most for Bardock we're looking at a figure between 500k and 1mil. Goku at base by the time he fought Freeza was 3mil.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Calculating power level for SS Bardock is for the most part fruitless. I'm gonna go with Goku since he's displayed more creativity with his moves. Multi-arm, kaioken and even spirit bomb make him unpredictable.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By russellmania77

they where both class 1 super sayian so it would only come down to abilities

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People should know Akira Toriyama stated this SSJ is x100 normally. The reason it was x50 for Goku was because Goku had already fought a lot before transforming. He had used up a lot of his energy prior to transforming and he was very weakened by it. So Bardock would have a x100 while Goku had a x50. If this helps any.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMethos

@limpoyzloan: I honestly cannot recall it may have been in one of the Daizenshuu books (Though a later one) or it might have been from an interview for the new Chozenshu which came out this year.

Also.. its been confirmed that Toriyama is making a new Dragonball Manga series anyone else as excited as me?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goku

chilled show no feat that would put him at frieza's level

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mortein

Bardock's PL couldn't have been more than few million, while Goku's PL was 150 000 000. It's clear that Goku stomps this.

And manga Dragon Ball - Episode of Bardock should be considered cannon since it was written on the comic :

Concept and director: Akira Toriyama

Drawn by: Ooishi Naho

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Bardock is far weaker than Goku's base form during the Namek saga and there is absolutely no proof that Frieza's ancestor was even close to the same level of power as he was.

This is a mismatch.