Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Bats16

@nilok said:

@nighthunder:

Indeed it is, however, that still doesn't give a good comparison to the distance from the toe to the head of TTGL, 1 billion light years according to recent official material.

I would also like to ask how Beerus traveled that fast. I ask since it was shown off screen and both Goku and Whis don't seem to travel through normal space, instead opting for a different medium, such as Instant Transmission or what Whis does. Due to Beerus being Whis' student, I can easily assume Whis trained Beerus how to perform his FTL technique, which doesn't require him to move in the physical world. Interestingly enough, when Whis tells Beerus that he is the fastest in universe 7, he drops out of his FTL white space and returns to normal space.

Hopefully as the series progresses, this mystery will be resolved.

Except you can't because you have absolutely no proof of such. We assume Beerus flew there because he hasn't demonstrated any other method of transportation. If you want to assume otherwise then the burden is on you to prove it. And if Beerus had an instant way to get around then he wouldn't bother with Whis. As he displayed in BoGs and Super, he hates long flights. If he could get to his destination instantly through a technique like IT then he certainly wouldn't rely on Whis to get him there when he's made it clear that he despises long trips and having to wait. Not to mention Whis' warp technique is exclusive to him. He uses his staff to perform the technique, which was mentioned in Chōzenshū 4. Beerus does not possess Whis' staff.

No Caption Provided

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By le0nhart

@nilok said:

Physics don't work like that. TTGL can get away with it because it is an overt reality warper. Unless Goku can also show he is a reality warper, his nerve signals would need to travel light years to perform any action, and Goku isn't known for being able to think faster than light speed. Even then, the bonds between the atoms in his body are limited by the electromagnetic force holding them together, which are limited by the speed of light since photons are the carrier particle of the electromagnetic force.

Good point, i never thought about it this way, but aren't you applying a little too much physics? specially with the last part

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's best chance at winning this is to take out Simon, and the gang, which he wouldn't do.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart:

Not at all, I am applying physics across the board unless it is explicitly shown otherwise, such as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann moving. I applied similar physics to Granzeboma's Infinty Big Bang Storm, though was only ble to reach 3.6 Yotawatts at a pinprick (back) hole. If we knew how many times to multiply that number to reach 5 meters, we could then multiply that number by 10^25 to find out about how powerful the attack possibly was.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By thelocust619

Simon sees Goku grit those teeth so hard he doesnt know who the hell he thinks he is. His drill is the drill that will pierce through the Saiyans. Even if Goku gets in his way, he'll get right up behind him and push forward, sliding farther and farther with every turn because that's what a drill does...a drill made from the fates of both living and dead, everyone who ever madeout with Yoko and everyone else who didn't, and also the fate of Goku's candy a$$, all spun together into a triple helix that will pierce the bowels of the gods in the heavens! That is how Team Gurren rolls!

This DBZ dubover of "Libera me" From Hell is playing the whole time: Do the "...i-impossible...!!" See the "uhn....ugh...uhooOOOHoouh-uh...overflowing..." ROW ROW, ROCK THE DRAGON!

THE AFTERMATH:

Freeza "Who are you..?!" Goku "I am the answer to all living things who cry out! ALLY TO GOOD! DRILLS IN MY NIGHTMARES!"

Goku vs Naruto...Naruto builds a Rasengan! Goku sees the spiral motion and cowers in the corner, crying, in the fetal position. That's when he pees. Then Naruto pees. Then Yamcha. Suddenly they're all peeing I guess, because that's what I wrote.

Chi Chi makes Goku do laundry. She steps in later to find Goku hanging from the rafters with the words "it spins" on the wall written in detergent while the clothes in the dryer go round and round and round...

TTGL wins.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku isn`t winning this.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By nilok
@bats16 said:

Except you can't because you have absolutely no proof of such. We assume Beerus flew there because he hasn't demonstrated any other method of transportation. If you want to assume otherwise then the burden is on you to prove it. And if Beerus had an instant way to get around then he wouldn't bother with Whis. As he displayed in BoGs and Super, he hates long flights. If he could get to his destination instantly through a technique like IT then he certainly wouldn't rely on Whis to get him there when he's made it clear that he despises long trips and having to wait. Not to mention Whis' warp technique is exclusive to him. He uses his staff to perform the technique, which was mentioned in Chōzenshū 4. Beerus does not possess Whis' staff.

No Caption Provided

Interesting. If this holds true for the partially retconned Dragon Ball Super (DBS has not been following the previous movies exactly and has been retconning some events), it would mean that Beerus has performed some unknown FTL movement ability. The reason I am hesitant to so easily accept that he moved in real space at FTL speed is because no character, even Whis, has displayed on screen FTL movement without a specialized technique, much less in real space. To make an assumption that Beerus was able to do so based on something that happened off screen without any explanation is unfounded in my opinion.

Your statement that I have no proof goes doubly for you since the feat you claim has never been demonstrated in the series, while special FTL techniques already exist. You may be correct, but currently it is far more likely Beerus has a FTL movement technique.

If Beerus had a technique like Instant Transmission, he would still rely on Whis if it took too much effort, that is part of his character. Beerus is a cat, he like sleeping and food. He is shown to be a lazy character that doesn't like to do things unless motivated, much like when he was searching for the Super Saiyan God and fighting Goku.

The Supreme Kais and other Shin-jin have a techniquie called Instantaneous Movement, that even Kami and Mr. Popo can use a variant of. I would not be surprised Beerus also knew this.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Instantaneous_Movement

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Bats16

@nilok said:
@bats16 said:

No Caption Provided

Interesting. If this holds true for the partially retconned Dragon Ball Super (DBS has not been following the previous movies exactly and has been retconning some events), it would mean that Beerus has performed some unknown FTL movement ability. The reason I am hesitant to so easily accept that he moved in real space at FTL speed is because no character, even Whis, has displayed on screen FTL movement without a specialized technique, much less in real space. To make an assumption that Beerus was able to do so based on something that happened off screen without any explanation is unfounded in my opinion.

Your statement that I have no proof goes doubly for you since the feat you claim has never been demonstrated in the series, while special FTL techniques already exist. You may be correct, but currently it is far more likely Beerus has a FTL movement technique.

If Beerus had a technique like Instant Transmission, he would still rely on Whis if it took too much effort, that is part of his character. Beerus is a cat, he like sleeping and food. He is shown to be a lazy character that doesn't like to do things unless motivated, much like when he was searching for the Super Saiyan God and fighting Goku.

The Supreme Kais and other Shin-jin have a techniquie called Instantaneous Movement, that even Kami and Mr. Popo can use a variant of. I would not be surprised Beerus also knew this.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Instantaneous_Movement

No, it's not. It's never been so much as hinted at him having a teleportation technique and to suggest he does requires you to prove it. Not showing something does not in anyway equate to not being capable of it. For all we know Whis' staff allows him to move faster than his regular travel speed hence why he uses his staff over his regular speed. Him and Beerus are the two strongest characters in DB, so characters below them never showing FTL speed is irrelevant because they're far weaker anyway. No characters below them ever displayed universal destructive capabilities either yet they're quite capable of that. Either way, I don't have to prove anything because the common method of movement for every DB character is flight and therefore that's what's assumed unless suggested otherwise. We don't assume other DB characters possess teleportation when we see them arrive at a certain point. No, we assume they flew there unless it's specifically stated or shown otherwise because that's the most common method of transportation in the DB verse. This is no different. There's something called Occam's Razor for a reason. The burden is on YOU to prove otherwise.

And no, he wouldn't rely on Whis if he had an instantaneous movement technique. As I said before, he specifically mentions how he hates long flights and to be kept waiting in general (case in point being he couldn't even wait 3 minutes for Whis to get dinosaur meat and instead opted to come to the planet himself because he was sick of waiting). If he could avoid all of that by using a technique that lets him instantly move wherever he wants then he certainly would. He certainly wouldn't of traveled 26 minutes to King Kai's planet if he could instantly teleport there, especially when it involved a matter that he was of the utmost interest in (SSJG).

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bats16:

Flight is the most common form of local movement, but teleportation or warping are the only forms of interstellar transit ever shown. You are making a logical leap to say he can fly at FTL speed.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

I may have to time the scene since you are so adamant about it.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By nilok

@bats16:

I have reviewed the scene, and a few things.

First, the claim that Whis was seen flying past a nebula is hyperbole, as he appears from his Warp space into real space just outside the orbit of the planet, he is not seen flying past anything. Second, it takes Whis a little over one minute to reach his destination. Whis is confirmed to be 50% more powerful than Beerus, yet assuming the absolute best case and Beerus leaves immediately after hanging up on Whis, he would take a little over one minute and twenty seconds. If the claim that Whis is faster than Beerus, approximately 50%, and his staff allows him to travel even faster, Beerus should not have been able to reach Whis in almost the same amount of time, especially if Whis is significantly faster with his staff.

This actually points more to being some sort of Instantaneous Movement technique.

I would ask if you have ever actually owned a cat before? Cats are both impatient and lazy, demanding food but doing little until motivated or forced. As to why Beerus has Whis take him everywhere, Beerus has never displayed the ability to sense energy or locate something. He has so far always been shown to rely on Whis to locate places and people. While I cannot say he doesn't have the ability to, he clearly not demonstrated the intention of using. Whis may be the only individual he does or can actively track.

As to why Whis uses Warp instead of Instantaneous Movement or Instant Transmission, that will probably be reveled in the show as the function of the Whis are uncovered.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus cannot teleport. Why are we assuming he can all of a sudden?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

zzagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

For whatever weird reason, nilok is attempting to apply physics, making baseless claims, and disregarding character statements.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By nilok
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Zzagirl stated that based on said scene, Beerus can travel faster than light without teleporting. Honestly, the scene seems to be more artistic license, though due to Zzagirl's instance at evidence, I analyzed it and that was my verdict.

@zzagirl said:

For whatever weird reason, nilok is attempting to apply physics, making baseless claims, and disregarding character statements.

I actually have been taking everything into account, analyzing it within context. I have been applying physics, mainly because it is the easiest way to make cross comparisons. If you have a character quote that states either Beerus can travel faster than light, or that Beerus can not teleport, I would very much like you to post a scan. Most of my statements are based on conjecture based on that scene, Toriyama's statements about the Whis and Beerus's comparison, and your belief.

Oh, and to your earlier statement about Solar Flare, yes, it is a light based attack. However, you are assuming Goku moved during the attack instead of before. It makes far more sense that he moved faster than Tien could track and grabbed Roshi's sunglasses than him being able to out move the attack itself. The feat of him taking Roshi's sunglasses with Instant Transmission would be rendered mute if that was the case since he would already be fast enough as a child to perform that feat without Instant Transmission.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok said:
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Zzagirl stated that based on said scene, Beerus can travel faster than light without teleporting. Honestly, the scene seems to be more artistic license, though due to Zzagirl's instance at evidence, I analyzed it and that was my verdict.

Okay call me when he actually teleports one day if and when that happens. We can't just go around granting abilities to people lol.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, Guys, Guys, TTGL wins. Let the thread die already...

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Alphapunk

I left this thread for a while, i just want to keep it simple.

Goku has 2 near Universal feats. The shockwaves with statements from the Gods of the Universe - helping produce the Universe busting KI ball which the Gods said could destroy the Universe. I think it's safe to say any one of these could be argued but with 2 of them along with statements from the people that rule the Universe(think eternity or living tribunal) make it pretty clear Goku has the power to threaten a large chunk of the Universe.

TTGL casually busts galaxies easier than almost any other fictional character i admit, the whole Infinity Big Bang being Universe busting is vert iffy, i am being unibiased - the only statement that talks about it being almost on the level of a big bang but not one statement about it's destructive potential, no other feats are on this level as well, unless i missed something. The attack must be strong as it destroyed 120 galaxies to make it, still the Universe is 200 Billion galaxies, it would take a lot of faith to put it on a Universal threat level - even if it was this just means TTGL could hurt Goku, it doesn;t mean he could win or kill Goku with it - Goku has the durability to withstand multi-galaxy- Universal strikes and beams now, just because TTGL is huge doesn't mean he magically hits harder then his tier level, if someone smaller then him is stronger they can take his hit or stop the behemoth in his tracks. Goku could physically hurt TTGL and he could hurt him with his KI blasts, the problem would be TTGL speed, Goku would have to fight him how he fought Cell(instant transmission Kamehamehas) or when he fought Cooler(could have sworn he had a teleport battle but newer movie 6 versions don't show it!), i know its not canon but nothing indicates Goku can't use instant transmission often.

I guess it comes down to what you think TTGLs destructive potential is, i believe it's low Multi-galaxies(under 10 billion Galaxies my opinion) compared to Gokus (Probably 60-120 Billion since he helped threaten 200 Billion 2x)

I think Goku would figure out pretty quickly he would need to teleport then hit a few dozen times then teleport for oxygen far away from ttgl, i think the shockwaves feat shows Goku could physically hit TTGL and hurt him, if your shockwaves threaten the Universe you should have no problem with something the size of a hundred galaxies or so. I know ttgl throws galaxies but a galaxy being used as a talking point against a potential Universe or near Universe buster would be like me throwing a piece of sand at a person and expecting something- everything Goku does from now on needs to be looked at as near Universal level, his durability, his physical strikes, his ki blasts. I just don't think TTGL is on that Universal level, destroying galaxies is powerful but in an argument against someone that threatens Universes it just isn't enough.

All this is Goku vs no reality warping ttgl btw.

Edit: Considering Raditz can be argued as a light speeder i don't think Goku in this form has any worries about being ftl...science + anime don't mix =P Also i don't want to argue this anymore i think it has been exhausted by both sides, my opinion is Goku is a near Universal threat while TTGL is a low Multi-G threat so i think Goku wins. I don't know ttgl reality warping to much but it wouldn't surprise me if he stomps with Goku with them, like all reality warpers.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok said:
Unless Goku can also show he is a reality warper, his nerve signals would need to travel light years to perform any action, and Goku isn't known for being able to think faster than light speed. Even then, the bonds between the atoms in his body are limited by the electromagnetic force holding them together, which are limited by the speed of light since photons are the carrier particle of the electromagnetic force.

Actually Whis was training Goku and Vegeta so their bodies fight without they thinking for it to move.

Avatar image for golden_robodude
Golden_Robodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphapunk:People were claiming Goku can breath in space now if it's true Goku can win he's a god now so it makes sense to not die from lack of oxygen after all a planet exploding would probably make him think his heater's on

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golden_robodude

I guess he can breath in space, he did need to come back up for air though when they fought underwater, i believe he inhaled deeply suggesting he needed to anyway - i know he wasn't in his god form but i don't think he ever will be again, it's inside him, i think we need more information- if anything he can fight for extended periods in space.:

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By nilok
@nilok said:
Unless Goku can also show he is a reality warper, his nerve signals would need to travel light years to perform any action, and Goku isn't known for being able to think faster than light speed. Even then, the bonds between the atoms in his body are limited by the electromagnetic force holding them together, which are limited by the speed of light since photons are the carrier particle of the electromagnetic force.

Actually Whis was training Goku and Vegeta so their bodies fight without they thinking for it to move.

Fair enough.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. If you admit that the Kaio realm is part of universe 7, then it is all one universe. As Ive been saying. Therefore, there is no "+" after "universe", because it is one universe. How hard is this? Do I need to spell it out with crayons for you?

No, it's not inside the sphere, but it's apart of universe 7 but outside the sphere. 1 sphere that holds the universe and the afterlife. That's 2 universal structures along with the kaioshin realm. That's universal + sunny.

There's no downplay...2/3 of this "universe+" level force you claim...didn't destroy much at all. And to bust something is to completely vaporize it in one attack, which did not happen. So no, to answer your question, I'm not trolling, you obviously just don't know what busting something is. Three seperate waves that need to build in power before they even do anything...is not vaporizing something completely in one attack. The amount of fail coming from you is astounding right now.

Actually their is and tons of it. That's because it didn't all the entire 3 punches so no, good try. And what would of happened on the third punch lol again good try. Actually I do know what busting something is, problem is it takes 3 shock waves of punches to do, which never happened since the 3 never happened. They never build power also, that first statement from Old Kai was corrected by Goku techniques. Actually watch the series buddy lol. Irony that last sentence oh the irony.

3. It hasn't been corrected, it was elaborated on. You calling it a correction doesn't make it one. Goku has no magic influence powers. He canceled the force of a punch with another punch, and could not do it successfully until the third blow. And if a wave does nothing to one point, then goes farther and does more damage, like these waves did, then it can be properly described as getting stronger as it gets farther. I'm embarassed to have to even point this out, it requires only the most basic reasoning abilities which I'm sure you must have...

Why would Goku need magic to do so like really, you finish putting your own interpretations and needs into this ? No, first he said he tried to perfect it on the 2nd blow, meaning the first blow he tried to do it also. Doesn't mean it doesn't work it has no influence what's so ever at all. And no, shock waves don't get stronger, actually watch the episode because even Old Kai says "apparently" knowing what is happening is not normal with the shock waves. Goku influence wore off, and no, he doesn't need magic to do, just like he doesn't need magic to stop the shock wave completely, nothing suggest that the technique stop any shock waves if perfected. And please, don't try belittle anyone, you literally in no position to do so.

4. A universe can't be two universes. If it were, the two universes would just be called a universe, and blowing that up is just blowing up a universe. I'll make this really clear for you: IF TWO STRUCTURES ARE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE, THEN THEY ARE IN ONE UNIVERSE. No amount of reaching you produce will ever make that sentence untrue.

No Caption Provided

Are you purposely trolling ? It's one sphere and not 1 universe, the sphere holds 2 universal structures, the afterlife which is a cosmos and the mortal universe. The kaioshin realm is not also apart of the sphere.

And Old Kai states that the kaioshin realm is not inside the universe by separating the universe destruction from where he is

No Caption Provided

I am reaching you say lol yeah again, you in no position to talk because you are failing.

And nice irony list, it's a shame it's pathetic, goku needing magical powers lol, over time is 2 seconds lololol really bro, stop talking please

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@nilok said:
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Okay call me when he actually teleports one day if and when that happens. We can't just go around granting abilities to people lol.

Being able to move at FTL speed is a higher level feat in Dragon Ball than teleporting. Shall we just classify that scene as inconclusive or artistic license?

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By josephgomes619

@nilok: Sorry bro, but Beerus can't teleport. If he could've, he would've. IT is a technique that has to be learned. There are very few people in DB who can teleport (goku and some aliens). Unless Beerus learned that technique from aliens, he can't teleport. He wouldn't need Whis to travel if he could teleport. Common sense. We can't hand over techniques to people without feats, especially techniques which need to be learned first hand

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By nilok
@josephgomes619 said:

@nilok: Sorry bro, but Beerus can't teleport. If he could've, he would've. IT is a technique that has to be learned. There are very few people in DB who can teleport (goku and some aliens). Unless Beerus learned that technique from aliens, he can't teleport. He wouldn't need Whis to travel if he could teleport. Common sense. We can't hand over techniques to people without feats, especially techniques which need to be learned first hand

Teleportation is also known by the Shin-jin, the Kais or gods of order and creation of the Dragon Ball universe (seven).

Regardless, I agree. I did get caught in the debate that Beerus can travel faster than light and argued it would be far more likely he would be able to perform a teleportation technique as those have been displayed in the anime/manga, than normal space faster than light travel, as it has not been seen before. While the scene seemed to imply Beerus traveled great distances at high speed, it was all off screen and completely unexplained.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By josephgomes619

@nilok:There was a time frame given for it, Beerus took 80 seconds to travel the same distance as Whis did. Beerus is exactly 2/3 as fast as Whis (or more). If Beerus could teleport (which he should've done as he is lazy), he would've teleported instead of waiting minutes to travel to places. As you said, lazy people like Beerus wouldn't wait minutes to get to places. He even scolded Whis to be faster, in reply Whis said that "I'm the fastest in the universe". If you have watched all the episodes you should've known this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

flame_saber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok said:
@micah said:
@nilok said:
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Being able to move at FTL speed is a higher level feat in Dragon Ball than teleporting. Shall we just classify that scene as inconclusive or artistic license?

We shall classify the scene as what it was intended to imply. Beerus can travel at FTL speeds and that's it. None of this he can out of nowhere teleport, again we can't go around assigning abilities to characters. You have to stick with what was given, and based on the scene for his movement to be anything other than FTL movement speed is one hell of a speculation.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@nilok said:
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Yes we can. Beerus is a cat, therefore he has kitty litter energy beams that cleanses souls and he always lands on his feet. The times he didn't land on his feet from falling is because he didn't want to. Now prove me wrong.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@nilok said:
@007619 said:
@micah said:

Yes we can. Beerus is a cat, therefore he has kitty litter energy beams that cleanses souls and he always lands on his feet. The times he didn't land on his feet from falling is because he didn't want to. Now prove me wrong.

Crap you win.......

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Questions. Do you think Beerus will train and get stronger? or stay the same level throughout the series? You think they are going to have all other 10 Gods, who according to beerus are stronger, appear in DBS at some point?

I'm sure champa is equal to beerus, so that's two characters for goku and vegeta to surpass that we already know about.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Questions. Do you think Beerus will train and get stronger? or stay the same level throughout the series? You think they are going to have all other 10 Gods, who according to beerus are stronger, appear in DBS at some point?

I'm sure champa is equal to beerus, so that's two characters for goku and vegeta to surpass that we already know about.

I think Beerus is going to stay the same level (I don't think we've seen his max yet either) but if he is the weakest for him to still be Universal is staggering. I figure Champa is going to be on par with Beerus or maybe slightly inferior but I can only imagine what the absolute strongest warrior will look like. And yes I imagine we will be seeing the other 10 Gods, even if we don't see all of them I think we'll see others besides Beerus and Champa.

CubeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku cant breath in space.

Just sayin

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@cubex said:

Goku cant breath in space.

Just saiyan

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah TTGL outright stomps. I came into this thread thinking Goku had this... But he doesn't.... Lol good god Goku would need immortality just to fight him. That thing is waaaay too big... It would take freaking Whis 26 minutes to reach Gurren's head. Currently if we go by scalling that would take Goku a 100 or more minutes to do. But we have no idea what Goku's travel speed really is. Sure he has IT but Goku can't see 52.8 billion light years high. Depending on the starting point Goku won't even know what he is fighting and no Sayian shown can survive in space so how does Goku even fight Gurren? On top of all that Gurren surpasses Goku in every conceivable way in this fight.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Actually 2 saiyans were shown to survive in space. Vegeta, when he was training with meteors, and Broly.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By XioKenji

@rukelnikovftw said:

@mee09: Actually 2 saiyans were shown to survive in space. Vegeta, when he was training with meteors, and Broly.

Didn't Bardock survive in space ? and King Vegeta(since he kinda blew up a planet for the lols)? been ages since I've seen Bardock's episode.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By nilok

@micah said:

We shall classify the scene as what it was intended to imply. Beerus can travel at FTL speeds and that's it. None of this he can out of nowhere teleport, again we can't go around assigning abilities to characters. You have to stick with what was given, and based on the scene for his movement to be anything other than FTL movement speed is one hell of a speculation.

Fair enough, he can travel at FTL speed, but we have no way of confirming the way he performed the feat, limiting our ability to extrapolate the feat beyond simply crossing great distances.

@xiokenji said:
@rukelnikovftw said:

Didn't Bardock survive in space ? and King Vegeta(since he kinda blew up a planet for the lols)? been ages since I've seen Bardock's episode.

I generally took those scenes at them being in the upper atmosphere, or partially protected at the mouth of their spacepod and not quite in space.

The only exception is Broly, through that is due to Broly's energy sphere and its unique properties. The only other shield shown so far with ability to protect people from the vacuum of space is the one Whis created to protect the Z fighters near the end of Resurrection of F.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji said:
@rukelnikovftw said:

Filler episode, non canon

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By josephgomes619

@nilok: We do actually, unless shown nobody can teleport in DBS. Abilities can't be given to characters with powerscaling. If Beerus doesn't show teleportation, he can't teleport. Simple as that, it's how feats work

We can't assume Goku can nullify Ki blast just because Beerus can. Goku has to show Ki nullification before we can assign the ability to him. I suppose you haven't watched DB Super episodes?

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Vegeta can't breathe in space. If he could Vegeta would not have died in the new movie. Broly... I honestly do not know about Broly... He may be the only exception. How Broly's Ki produces Oxygen is beyond me. Also Bardock was in the upper atmosphere.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By nilok
@josephgomes619 said:

@nilok: We do actually, unless shown nobody can teleport in DBS. Abilities can be given to characters with powerscaling. If Beerus doesn't show teleportation, he can't teleport. Simple as that, it's how feats work

We can't assume Goku can nullify Ki blast just because Beerus can. Goku has to show Ki nullification before we can assign the ability to him. I suppose you haven't watched DB Super episodes?

I found the statement of powerscaling a bit humorous. We cannot assume a character can physically cross the speed of light unless they skip over it like a warp drive (Whis) or fold drive (Teleportation). Assuming a character can cross the speed of light by accelerating intrinsically implies they have infinite power, energy, or speed, something that isn't even shown or implied for Whis, who is stronger and faster than Beerus.

My original assumption was the Beerus was being taught how to use Warp by Whis, but apparently there is a blurb in official material released by Jump in 2013 that states Warp is reliant on Whis' staff.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By josephgomes619

@nilok: The powerscaling statement was a typo. I meant to write Abilities can't be given to characters with powerscaling (not can).

As for Beerus, the only possible explanation is he flew there, since his laziness confirms that he can't teleport (otherwise he would've travelled to earth in 0 second instead of 26 minutes). And you don't need infinite power to move FTL in fiction, many chars in justice league can do that.

We still don't know how much stronger Whis is than Beerus except for some numbers given by Toriyama (which don't see linear in the slightest)

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By nilok
@josephgomes619 said:

@nilok: The powerscaling statement was a typo. I meant to write Abilities can't be given to characters with powerscaling (not can).

As for Beerus, the only possible explanation is he flew there, since his laziness confirms that he can't teleport (otherwise he would've travelled to earth in 0 second instead of 26 minutes). And you don't need infinite power to move FTL in fiction, many chars in justice league can do that

You misunderstand why faster than light travel is so hard and my statement as a whole. You can easily maintain your speed past the speed of light. However, you cannot go the speed of light (c=1), that required infinite energy. Any fiction that addresses FTL follows that rule. You can skip the speed of light and never travel exactly c by using warp drives (you never move), hyperspace (travel in a different dimension), or wormholes (two connected points of space-time), but never reach or travel that exact speed.

If Beerus flew, traveling in normal space like any other character as you are stating, he has to increase his velocity until he gets close to the speed of light. In order to reach the speed of light to cross into FTL speed, he requires infinite energy. Perhaps the speed of light doesn't exist, though it is never implied that is different. If the speed of light is true in the DB universe, and your statement that Beerus flew through the speed of light, you are suggesting he has infinite power or is a reality warper, that is why I cannot accept this argument unless shown on-screen.

You can travel slower than light, you can travel faster than light, but you can never reach the exact speed of light.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok: You can't apply real life logic to Dragon Ball. You saw what happened in episode 12, didn't you? The shockwaves grew stronger from the epicenter as it travelled further. That's not how shockwaves work irl. Akira might not even know the basics behind lightspeed travel. If he implies Beerus is FTL with flight, we have to accept that (however illogical that may sound)

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok: You can't apply real life logic to Dragon Ball. You saw what happened in episode 12, didn't you? The shockwaves grew stronger from the epicenter as it travelled further. That's not how shockwaves work irl. Akira might not even know the basics behind lightspeed travel. If he implies Beerus is FTL with flight, we have to accept that (however illogical that may sound)

As just a shockwave, yes, it should get weaker. However, it does sound very similar to mechanical resonance, where a system responds at greater amplitude when the frequency of its oscillations matches the system's natural frequency of vibration. Every wave can resonate, even electron spin and quantum wave functions. If the waves caused by the punches were strong enough and oscillated with the frequency of the universe, it would increase in strength.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance

I am not questioning Beerus can travel faster than light, I am challenging your statement he can fly that speed. It was implied he traveled faster than light, you are making the jump to saying he can fly that speed.

The evidence provided is Beerus was at one location, and between 80 and 20 seconds arrived at another location. Please provide a scan showing him flying at that speed.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok: You will have to wait until universe 6 arc for that. Beerus might have travelled using hyperspace or flight. But teleportation is definitely out of question

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619:

You say that so definitively and with such conviction. It may well be something else, however, we do not have enough evidence to rule out teleportation, such is the problem with an off screen feat like this. I can't say he can teleport, nor can I say he can't yet.

@nilok: You will have to wait until universe 6 arc for that. Beerus might have travelled using hyperspace or flight. But teleportation is definitely out of question

The way you stated this just sounded, odd. How would you know the feat would be explained during the Universe 6 arc? Are you stealing notes from Toriyama's desk? :)

galactus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is someone trying to(uselessly) downplay Beerus' speed feat? lmaao Billions of times FTL have already been established and no amount of speculation will change that

And also, wouldnt Goku be invisible to this thing since he's so small?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Thekillerklok

@galactus- said:

is someone trying to(uselessly) downplay Beerus' speed feat? lmaao Billions of times FTL have already been established and no amount of speculation will change that

And also, wouldnt Goku be invisible to this thing since he's so small?

Loading Video...

You really should go watch some Gurren lagann.